22 750 reviews

Google Drive

Cloud storage and backup for files, photos, docs, and more

22 750 reviews
Jay A.

Google Drive is my favorite network file serving storage program.

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

In working with Google Drive Enterprise version, I've been able to map out project roadmaps and establish document and folder organization in a much more logical and efficient manner. I'd highly recommend Google Drive for Enterprise, in working with higher-functioning needs in storage management, sharing, use, and retrieval.

Pros

Google Drive is highly Incorporated in to many users' work flow system integrations through the popularity of Google products for consumers, professionals, education, and developers.

There are various versions that are offered at different levels of need, and every established account is given 15 GB of storage for free, forever.

More advanced versions of Google Drive offer increased storage quotas, improved workspace options for reviewing and organizing work flows and documents. Better interface options exist with the upgraded versions of drive.

The main interface itself is simple and elegant, offering several tabs for file locating, workspaces, sharing, and team drives (in the upgraded versions).

Cons

I would like to be able to work in Command-Line ungzip tars, for example: in a bash shell. The established workflow goes well, though, in being capably Incorporated in to other file management apps that are available on mobile; which is my current preferred platform.

George rex A.

Drive is Second to None

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

I have really enjoyed using Google drive. Even when I decided to have other alternative products just to test out their functions, I still prioritise drive as my number one option for online file storage and retrieval.

Pros

I have always loved google products, drive in particular. I have used Drive over the years and it has really been efficient cloud-based file storage and management work tool. The fact that you can easily integrate and sync other work tools like Google Docs, Sheets and even Gmail with just one account is elation for me.

Cons

I do not really have anything I like least about Drive, except the fact that it does not have an automatic link shortener for its sharable link generator. If Google could have both long and short link option, it would be the best cloud storage app ever.

Muhammad zubair S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Google Drive - Store and Collaborate with Ease

Reviewed on 2021/03/13

One of the best tools available for team collaboration. We don't have to worry about data loss, any thing we edit online is instantly saved in cloud storage.

Pros

Google Drive is an efficient data storage portal by Google Inc., anyone can have a basic Google Drive by creating a Gmail email account.

Google Drive comes with a sleek interface, which is easy to navigate through. Drive can be seen in "Grid View' by default, but you can also switch to 'List View' easily.

The 'Activity' feature provides in depth details and history of actions performed by you on a file or folder, this feature helps you to keep track of activities performed on a file or folder either by you or anyone else having permission to access the data.

Any file or folder can be shared with your team members or clients to work collaboratively. You can even share file links and send forms with to whomever you like to.

The most intelligent feature of Google Drive is that it contains a whole bunch of productivity tools, few of them are Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms. These online productivity tools are free to use, just upload a file and start working on it.

Be it a smartphone, Windows PC, or Apple MacOS, the Drive works efficiently across all platforms with no strings attached. simply, download Google Drive app or open the Drive in a browser, all you stored data is in front of you to work on.

Sync your device's folders with Google Drive to automatically upload your data to into the drive with an active internet connection, you and your team members can easily access any uploaded data if permissions are given to them.

Cons

The storage capacity of Google Drive is shared with other online Google apps, all apps across Google's network consume Google Drive storage pool to store data, which requires further buying of premium Google services to get more storage.

It requires an active internet connection to update Google Drive files and folders.

Google actually analyzes your stored content for marketing purposes, and this applies to all across Google network.

File downloading speed is very poor on Google Drive, downloading takes a lot of times, and sometimes download crashes and has to start over.

Mark N.

Best Cloud Storage for Nonprofit Client Video Collaboration

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Drive solves my problem of video collaboration by saving me loads of time to send clients videos to review in a timely manner. Upload / Download speeds are great, and. I often tell my clients to get their own Google Drive as well, at least the free version, or paid if the need more space, totally worth it!

Pros

Google Drive has been critical to the success of my nonprofit. I produce videos for other nonprofits, and have to have a quick way to share video files with my clients for review. I use Google Drive storage daily and have tried other platforms by Drive is by far the simplest and most integrated cloud file storage I've found. What I like most is the affordable price for 130 GB, and how easy it is to manage and share files.

Cons

If anything can be improved, it would be some of the clicks it takes to adjust the "share-ability" of a file, it can be a tad cumbersome to get a link shared, but it's still smoother than others.

Daniel D.

Google Drive as an easy-fast access to files!

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

With Drive, I save time, cause I'm able to get to my files anytime and anywhere even when using it offline. I can share my content rapidly with my contacts and business partners located on-site or overseas. I'm able to edit my files on different devices using all sorts of office editors, so it's a mobile software I can carry with me in my bag or in my pocket, it's very useful. I have not had any big issues using it for my business, personal, or class purposes.

Pros

Drive has been a no cost innovative tool that has helped me to not depend only on pen drives to have rapid access to my files. Its features are useful and effective by providing me large storage space (15GB) to keep my files of any kind (videos, PDFs, presentations, office, photos, etc.) safe, available, and cloud synced anywhere and anytime along my day, either through my laptop, smartphone and tablets cause the interface is clean and practicle. Through Drive I'm able to create folds to properly allocate my files according to each subject and also edit them by using a diverse range of text editing tools indicate by the software itself. The files can be share using a custom and are protected as Drive uses the same SSL encryption standard on both Gmail and other devices. I use Drive to help me out when running video call meeting through different online tools by accessing my content on real time. It is easily integrated to other business serving as a dynamic and flexible support storage.

Cons

I would say that at the first time experience it might take a while to get familiar with the variety of features if you are not used to cloudy storage tools, but it is not a big challenge and I would recommend a full tutorial to be created by the developers. The share of files through customized links doesn't come with a password, so whoever gets access to it will be able to read its content and it can be dangerous to your personal info, adding an extra layer of protection is clearly needed. Files are synced through different devices once you're connected to an internet service, the technology of Bluetooth could be adapted to make it possible too. What is stored on Drive can be browsed by Google due to the tailoring of ads to provide products, it's an alert to avoid storing sensitive content.

Harrison J.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

We use Google Drive every day for Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Couldn't do my job without it! I love the team collaboration of all working on a joint document together, writing notes and comments and assigning tasks to each other in google docs or google sheets.

Pros

In case you're new to google drive, it's similar to storage clouds in that you can store most of your working documents in progress, and a great way to go paperless. The file cabinet in your office can truly go the way of the buffalo the more you use Drive. We keep all our joint word docs, spreadsheets, slideshows, company photos and other media on the drive. We share access to folders for joint collaboration. I can review my team updating our spreadsheets with their progress in real time, and go into the history to see which changes happened when.

Cons

It has improved alot, but it used to be a little less organized than it is now. Also, the storage space isn't enough to host large movie files if you are a media editor. I know that google does this so you'll purchase more space - I get it. But there aren't too many cons - it's easy to find your documents with the search bar.

Rashid D.

Most Versatile product

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Its a good Business SaaS product, very easy to handle, like documents, images or pdfs in terms of editing. it is like having your office in your palm.

Pros

controlled way of sharing & accessing files/Documents over internet is made very easy is available to any web / mobile users.

Cons

Activity Rule based action on blocking /sharing data is not set
Copy /duplicate a document with image is still an issue, the image goes missing in the duplicated document.
There may be few glitches which Google would provide an update to resolve.

Mireia M.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Google Drive

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

As I mentioned, Google Drive is a good tool to use when it's about documents and contacting/working with people online and at a distance, but at the same time I feel like it would help people more if we could have access to more space to use or a tool to get rid of space in an easier way.

Pros

It's one of the softwares I use the most on sharing big documents or even storing them for use in a near future. I have been using it since High School to send projects to teachers or work collaboratively with other people on one same document.

Cons

I don't like how fast the space runs out. Between Gmail, Drive, Documents and others, the space you have with a free trial (which is what most people can afford) is basically nothing, I once tried to delete everything I had in my email account and it still said I had over 16GB of use, when in truth, I only had at least two documents weighing both less than 3 GB.

Souhil S.

The Best Cloud Storage Solution for Business and Personal use

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

It helped me to save time and money and I really don't need to worry about my files getting lost if my PC/laptop broke or something bad happened also, I really don't need to get big storage hard disk to store my files.
for me, Google Drive Is the perfect solution for everyone especially for small businesses because It's very easy to use and a time and money saver.
I hope Google will keep the good work and I hope they will add more features in the future.

Pros

I like it because It's free and very easy to use with an excellent and clean user interface.
I can access all my files, pics, videos...etc from anywhere and I can use my phone or my PC/laptop to access them.
I like The offline access option because it's allowing me to access all my files without the need to have an internet connection.
I can store any files from Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and I can access and edit them without any problem.
The best thing is I don't need to have a large capacity hard disk because I can now store all my important files in the cloud using Google Drive and I don't need to worry about losing them because everything is safe and secure on Google Servers.
I really love the security system and the encryption file transfer google offered in Google Drive and I really feel safe and I don't need to panic about my files or my account getting hacked.
It helped me to stay organized and helped me to manage my files, pics, videos and I like how I can control who has access to my files while running my business.
I can install the Backup and Sync tool to automate the file saving and if I make any changes the tool will automatically Sync everything in Google Drive.
Google Support is great and they are available 24/7 and they have a lot of resources and videos about google drive and I learned a lot from their blog articles too.

Cons

They can add passwords or any sort of protection when sharing a link.
They can improve the Uploading speed because sometimes it's very slow especially when uploading big files to your Drive account.

Ali S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Google Drive Has Made Work Life Easy

Reviewed on 2020/12/05

My overall experience has been what I would like to consider immaculate. So simple and easy to use and it always amazes me how much it is improved upon after all these years. Its free, easy, useful, helpful, progressive, and all sorts of other good things. I am a huge fan of Drive and hope to be for several more years.

Pros

What I like most about Google Drive is the ease of access. It has allowed me to store large files of which a lot of other services are unable to provide. That is one of the main reasons why I like to consider the product superior in contrast to its competitors. Google as a company never ceases to fail me with the level of ease it requires to use their products and services. On top of it all, they are still continuing to improve their products and services.

Cons

What i like least about Google Drive is probably how there is no dark mode. I really want a dark mode because of how much less strain it would cause on my eyes. I have poor vision, and when it comes to light mode I have a hard time navigating things. If there is a dark mode, i would at least like to know where to navigate it because I am unable to find it.

Liezl J.

My lifeline

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

I am grateful such a thing as Google drive exists in the world!

I can access all my stuff, instantly, from anywhere.
I can open documents, share client files, and access personal photos quickly and easily. Its safe, and easily accessible. I can sync as it suits (usually after hours). Its even really cool that I can segregate client access and folders from each other to maintain privacy.

It is REALLY easy to use. I love that its exactly the same as internet explorer. And it has fairly secure and robust structure.

I changed countries, and my data was safe, and accessible.

Pros

I have a lot of data. Official, work related, and just for information. Being in IT I was aware of security, and how drives can fail after a certain amount of uses. I have spent YEARS copying important photographs and documents from one drive to another, manually updating synchronizing my data storage. It all had to be done piecemeal, with excessive attention to detail so I didn't duplicate or store excess data. And of course, carefully in small bits so as not to corrupt the copy.

With Google drive its all done for me!!! I set it up once, and spend let it it run overnight to synchronise. I use it for my work and personal life. I can access work documents from anywhere - my mobile, laptop, or even internet cafe. I can share client documents easily (and globally) without having to drop off flash drives. I moved countries, and felt confident if my drive fell in the ocean my data was safe. its fast, easy, secure and safe. I am the happiest data collector person in the world!

Cons

its quite a hefty annual fee to setup! Once a year I spent a few moments wondering whether to continue my subs, then think of the hours of manual copy, share and backup ... and pay it. Spending the rest of the year happy with my purchase and knowing its secure, backed up and accessible. So its truly worth it, and most definitely comparable to others, but not the most cost effective.

Aki D.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Encouraging Collaboration Using Google Drive

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

The collaboration within the company has increased a lot with the use of Google Drive. People now realized than they can work together within the same folder and file and ensured that they are working on only one version for everyone. Although there are people still using the normal file attachment to email, we are slowly getting there.

Pros

There are a few things I like about Google Drive

1. The MyDrive and Shared Drive which can split personal folders vs team folders.
2. I like the simplicity of use. All I need is a browser.
3. I like the Drive File Stream which can be installed to navigate your files using Windows Explorer
4. I like the unlimited storage (at least for corporate).
5. I like the different access control
6. I like the built-in apps (Docs, Sheet, Form, Slides, etc)
7. I like the audit trail like the history of who and what was changed
8. I like the collaborative feature that makes a team work on a single folder
9. I like the mobile availability as they have native apps both for iOS and Android
10. I like the "link" attachment and the capability to update files on the fly

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the offline availability. The Docs, Sheets, Slides, and native app for Drive is not so accessible when you don't have the internet, although some files are, like Word, Excel, PDF, images. This is not a big deal because the place where I am at right now, we got internet connection almost 24x7.

Philip O.
  • Industry: Music

Google Drive - Most have

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

My business has partners in the same industry. When I meet new partners, the best way to hash out details usually changes quickly from email to sheets or docs stored on Google Drive.

I have a sheet that is a living document that either of us in different states can review anywhere at anytime. The convenience has made drop shipping easier.

Permissions allows me to lock down who can access what with a click and an email address populated.

Pros

Collaboration, I can share music files, videos, and complete a spreadsheet that another user in Indiana can then access and add information to.

The free level is big enough for most users

It travels - Phone, to any computer, to a tablet

I believe it has version control as long as the file title remains the same

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative to save. Maybe the privacy policy allows Google some level of access. I haven't read it in a bit.

Mirza R.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Best option to keep your documents synced with you on the go

Reviewed on 2020/10/18

This software has been very helpful throughout the past couple of years, the team drive option is very handy. You don't need to carry a USB drive with you, just log on to your google drive and upload your data in an instant. I would recommend everyone to get this software.

Pros

The best thing about using drive is the ability to have your documents available to you everywhere if you have an internet connection. An added feature that lets you make documents of your liking to be available offline is also very powerful. You can also install drive for desktop on your computer (or Drive Filestream if you have a business/educational account). All your files stay synced. You can also sync the photos you take on your phone with you google drive account. You have the ability to upload folders as well, not just individual files. If you're looking to share stuff on your drive, you can allow certain individuals access (other's wont be able to see it), so your privacy is safe. You can also create different team drives for different projects.

Cons

The thing that I dislike about google Drive is that when you try to upload a folder that contains thousands of small files, the upload tend to fail to complete 75% of the time. So you have to zip and upload them, I sigh google could fix that. The sync across all devices doesn't happen instantly, it takes about a minute or two to appear everywhere, I find that too slow.

John L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Google Drive>>> My Go-To Drive!

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

I love this software!
It makes my personal life and business life simpler and saves me time. What more could I ask for?

Pros

Google Drive is perfectly integrated with my smart devices, notebook, email client (Gmail) and Google Calendar.

What's more, I love that all of my photos and videos are automatically uploaded and stored on Google servers for free.

In addition, my business documents are automatically backed up onto the Google Drive every single day.

So for both personal and business use I cannot find a better service than Google Drive.

Just last week I was offered an unbelievable deal with Microsoft OneDrive: 1 TB of space plus Microsoft 365 for less than $25.USD per year!

I thought about switching to Microsoft OneDrive for three or four days, but could not bring myself to renounce the convenience and reliability of Google Drive.

So now I'm looking at purchasing more space with Google Drive for a very reasonable price.

I also love the way my pictures, videos and documents are organized perfectly.
(Something that is sorely missing with Microsoft OneDrive)

Cons

The monthly/yearly plan for Google Drive is a little bit more expensive than Microsoft OneDrive. However, if I needed the extra space, I would choose Google Drive over Microsoft OneDrive.

Chethan M.

Review of Google Drive

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

Overall, I would recommend Google Drive and personally been using for long time.

Pros

Google Drive is one of the best Cloud based storage solution. Google Drive is the best way store files of various formats and access whenever required from anywhere. Unlike any other physical drive or hard disk, Google drive can be accessed easily from almost all the browsers. One can easily share the files that are stored in Google drive which will help the users to share files easily without any email attachments. Users can stored even videos and images files which rich in content and files of large size. Google drive allows the users to store all the MS office formats including Word, excel and PPT and one can easily access them from anywhere and quickly perform the tasks and save them back to google drive. Google drive also allows users to access and print the documents easily. Google drive also includes the office suite like google docs, sheets and slides to edit the office documents. Google drive is also compatible with other apps and templates.

Cons

Google drive has many benefits but also has few demerits or Cons. Google drive provides the users only of initial 15gb of free space later which users need to pay for the extra space. As Google drive is cloud based solution, Its always risky to store any important and confidential data to store and share them within the group. Google drive is still not the preferred storage solution for many of the corporate companies due to Security and Privacy issues. Google drive is fully based on the internet and users need to be connected to internet to access their files which makes life hard for users who are in remote places and has internet issues.

Christopher W.
  • Industry: Photography

Google Drive Is At The Core Of Our Company

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Our overall experience has really been superb. I think in over 5 years we have have contacted the support once. Everything is so simple and easy to use. This is critical with sharing images and documents to all types of people and companies. The way nearly any file can be uploaded and viewed as well as converted into Google's own formats is also really useful. Then you can download the files in numerous other formats. It really is quite a product considering the price.

Pros

Having started our company a five years back, Google Drive (for Business) has been at the centre of our company from day one and is so easy to use. We have had almost no issues with the software and we can rest at night not worried about losing any of our days work. The thing I personally like most about this software is the unlimited storage option. Other companies and software just can't compete and they really have been left behind. We were with several online storage clouds and their lack of forward planning and increasing fees made us jump at the Google Drive Unlimited storage option. With ever increasing file sizes (think 8K video coming soon on personal phones) storage is key for our media company.

Cons

The one thing we would like to see more of is customising the Google Photos section. The way our company works it would be good to have a feature where you can add a tick, colour or note to the image so we know it's been worked on, edited, or uploaded.

Viktor M.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The Drive to rule them all

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Overall, Drive is top of the league.
Securely sharing important documents, collaborating on all kinds of shared documents which are synced to any electronic device, with reasonable pricing kept us going for for years in the small school where I work.

Pros

One of the main features of Google drive is that it can sync on anything.
Sync on mobile or tablet, Android or Apple? No problem.
Sync on a mobile phone without Google services (Huawei etc)? No problem, there are apps that do this as well.
Sync on your laptop or computer, running Windows/Mac? Easy.
Linux user? No problem, many apps do this flawlessly.
Another great feature is that it links seamlessly with the rest of the Google Kingdom: Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Slides, Classroom.
The security is highly customizable: you can choose your own level of protection, and in 20 years working with sensitive data, I always felt secure (you must set your main password right, to start with).
Other great features: it let's you create shortcuts throughout the drive, having always your main doc up-to-date, regardless of which version you edit.
Also, it keeps versions of updated files, meaning that if you mistakingly updated a PDF and you want your old version back, there are ways to do it.

The pricing is very, very reasonable.

Cons

The web interface is a bit confusing. As a first time user, you are greeted with a lot of bloat that you won't need in the near future (most likely).
There no option of dual pane, to move around things quickly. Nor a directory tree on the left side.
Renaming files or folders is a joy-breaker: instead of using F2 as on most similar software, one has to right-click, select 'rename' and then do it.
The recycle bin becomes very slow, once is has over 1000 files, and it's almost impossible to navigate that wrongly deleted file (whose proper name we forgot).
The search is great, as one would expect, although in organisations, finding the right file becomes almost impossible, bloated by results from every single user who ever shared a file. There is filtering by type or owner, but still the search is well behind it's main website search engine (which is way more intuitive).
The sharing links are way too long and it beats me why they didn't implement the goo.gl URL shortener for the Drive?

Google Drive is Amazing for Collaboration

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Very positive. I would highly recommend using Drive to any graphic designer.

Pros

When working with clients, I love to keep a Google drive going so that we can upload our ideas, inspiration and deliverables. Especially during the Coronavirus Pandemic, this has been especially useful for remotely working.

Cons

I don’t have too many complaints. Sometimes there’s a bit of back and forth to give permissions for people to view the files outside of the company— but honestly not to hard.

Mehedi H.
  • Industry: Photography

Google's younger child [Google Drive ) took over the game.

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

Overall Google Drive is a sophisticated software. It has a certain look to its interface. If you are new to this software, it will just take 2 minutes to understand how it works. It is a software that is flawless. It has some thoughtful options for you and you can make this according to your need. So in a nutshell, I recommend this software to everyone. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pros

Google Drive really has some Pros on its side. This is a software which was created to store files, multimedia and so on. And additional to that, we can share those files and documents with our friends and family. And it offers us 15 GB of storage which is completely free. You can also buy extra storage if you need to by paying a little amount of money. The payment method is based on monthly subscription and yearly also. You can buy from 100 GB to 30 TB according to your need. And additional to that, you can send your files and documents to multiple persons and also to a group if you have to while maintaining the actual quality of the media file. So transferring documents is a lot easier and helpful by the help of Google drive. The codec of this software is created in the way so that the media file isn't hampered. And the trashing system in there is also very thoughtful. You can get back your files and documents in between a certain amount of time after you have deleted them.

Cons

Google Drive is almost flawless but, there is a little bit of problem that I faced. When you turn on 'Link sharing on ' it takes time to be able to access to those media files attached to that link. I mean the process is not instant. But after a while it works.

Justice W.

Everyday use

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

We are able to share documents and forms among different office members. It is nice to be able to also access individual specific information and refer to it whenever we need it, whether we are in the office or outside of it. I enjoy that all the documents are also accessible on a mobile device, again making documents more accessible no matter where we are.

Pros

We use google drive every single day. We are able to store Medicaid documents and individual specific information for the individuals with developmental disabilities that we serve. We are also able to create documentation and other forms to use in both the office, at homes for homecare and in our day program. The ease of being able to send a document to someone to review, make changes or fill out is a need for our office. We’ve been using Drive for about 3-4 years now and it is the best decision we ever made to back documents up and be able to find them easily when we need them.

Cons

The only trouble I usually run into is the difference in formatting. If I take something from Drive to Word, it probably isn’t going to look the same. That is sometimes an issue when sending something outside of our office or when we want some more customization factors and create or edit the document in Word and put it back on the Drive. Sometimes we can avoid this by saving the document as a PDF but we cannot always as sometimes our documents will be updated and changed from time to time and we need to keep the ability to edit.

Valerie C.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Making collaboration with colleagues easy

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Overall, Drive allows me to collaborate with my colleagues easily -- the best part is how seamlessly it integrations with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, etc. I would probably have a different opinion of Drive if I did not use these other platforms so frequently, and instead used Excel or Word. However, for my purposes, Drive works extremely well.

Pros

The greatest advantage of Drive is the ability to share documents with colleagues and manage content during collaboration. Its seamless integration with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. makes it the best cloud-based file storage platform if you are primarily using those. Of course, you can also upload other files types (e.g., PDFs, Keynote, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) but when your working with others and want to update the file in Drive, you must "manage versions" (an extra step, but not difficult). My ideal use case, and the aspect of Drive that I appreciate most, is the ability to work collaboratively with my team on a presentation in Google Slides that is saved in our shared drive, and be certain that the latest version is not only updated in Drive but also that I can view previous versions.

Cons

Overall, I am very happy with the ease of use and prefer Drive to other cloud-based file storage platforms. However, some functionalities are not as user friendly, and can sometimes lead to negative consequences for the user. One example is creating shadow copy file to another folder in Drive: to do this you press Shift+Z while a file is highlighted. You cannot right-click a file to do this; you just need to know the shortcut. Then to delete it one might think they can simply delete the file and it will continue to exist in other folders. However, that is not the case. Deleting the file will delete it in all folders. Therefore, to delete it you must go into another the details and "x" out the file from folders where you no longer want it to appear. This is a bit unintuitive and could result in files being mistakenly deleted.

Yadah K.

Documents Safe-Haven

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

After losing A LOT of important files a few years ago when my hard drive crashed, I was looking around for software that would be the best 'back up' option. After trialing Drive I was so impressed that I even upgraded my storage option and have loved it since.

Pros

Whether it's music, videos, images or documents they can all be stored Drive.
Files can be separated into folders so it's really easy to organise and keep track of everything.
Drive syncs across all my devices, so I have access to important information whether using my mobile, tablet or PC.

Cons

When you download multiple things at a time it automatically downloads them into a 'zip' folder, which is an additional cost to use software to 'unzip'. VERY frustrating!
You have to double-check when you've uploaded multiple things at a time that it all really did upload - sometimes files are missed. It's better to upload smaller quantities of files at a time, which is annoying and time consuming.

Steve M.

Google Drive helps us Work Remotly

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

Team shared drives was the thing that sealed the deal for us. It allows us to share documents with our teams and not have to worry about who owns the document because the company owns the document not a user that once they leave we have to find a new owner for some files that were shared with other team members

Pros

Google Drive has saved our butts when working from home. We needed to find an easy solution to allow our remote users to access the business documents they needed and easily. Sure web browser apps are fine but google drive integrates into the OS and gives the user a G drive so they can access files as if they were installed right on the computer. And even better for IT staff it cuts down on DISK space as all the files stream to the machine and no real space is needed except for the file you are working on. I would recomend this product to any Team looking to find a batter way to collaborate.

Cons

Google support can be really frustrating at times. It can be hard to get a hold of someone to help fix an issue in a timely manor. We have had a few issues where the software was locking up machines and Google had no answers and we had to do a full reinstall on all machines to fix the issue without them but for the other 99.9% of the time it works fine

Sam B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Drive is WAY better then One Drive

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Very impressed they will work with you when your business is in need especially during these trying times of COVID19 they really strive to please their customers.

Pros

The fact that it is compatible across ALL of my companies devices including our delivery services tablets, In house laptops and PC's, as well as our business phones we provide to our staff. Very well organized and the storage price is best bang for your buck.

Cons

The functionality is great yet the functions are limited. It does everything we need, but would like to see more functions and or program features added like maybe even a time keeper function or a note pad type function added to the available features.