Google Drive

4.8 (27,435)
Write a Review!
Cloud storage and backup for files, photos, docs, and more

(27,435)

Ali
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Google Drive Has Made Work Life Easy

Reviewed on 2020/12/05

My overall experience has been what I would like to consider immaculate. So simple and easy to use and it always amazes me how much it is improved upon after all these years. Its free, easy, useful, helpful, progressive, and all sorts of other good things. I am a huge fan of Drive and hope to be for several more years.

Pros

What I like most about Google Drive is the ease of access. It has allowed me to store large files of which a lot of other services are unable to provide. That is one of the main reasons why I like to consider the product superior in contrast to its competitors. Google as a company never ceases to fail me with the level of ease it requires to use their products and services. On top of it all, they are still continuing to improve their products and services.

Cons

What i like least about Google Drive is probably how there is no dark mode. I really want a dark mode because of how much less strain it would cause on my eyes. I have poor vision, and when it comes to light mode I have a hard time navigating things. If there is a dark mode, i would at least like to know where to navigate it because I am unable to find it.

Vanessa
  • Industry: Design

The best around

Reviewed on 2023/11/28

It solves all my storage issues, allows me to have all my files secured in backup, and it is not expensive. At the same time, it is hard to manage but this is not very important for me because for me it's mainly a backup tool.

Pros

For starters, it is solid and it offers the best relation between money and storage. It is very easy to set up.

Cons

The interface is hard for me to use, it takes me a lot of time to find old files and I get all sorts of trash that others have shared with me mixed with my files. I have a hard time filtering those out to find my stuff and manage it.

Dropbox Backup

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Price. But mostly because I don't like Apple products.
SARA
  • Industry: Music

Great for File Sharing and File Loss Protection

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

The overall ease of access and sharing on Google Drive makes work easier. Files are protected, easy to organize, and easy to access. Having essential media files backed up in case of a computer crash is paramount to the protection of hours of work as a musician. Losing hours of work is devastating and attempting to recreate the material from scratch is extremely difficult. Every musician knows it is essential to back up your files!

Pros

Google Drive is a service that gives you a large amount of free space (15 gigabits) and additional storage for a monthly fee. As a musician, I upload files onto Google drive to share to my bandmates and anyone in the world. Beings that media files are typically large, the benefit of a large amount of storage for a small fee is a great value. This service also gives me peace of mind that my files will stay safe in the event of a computer crash (files stay on the cloud). I can share access to my Google Drive so the rest of my band can access entire folders of files.

Cons

The compression of the files can lower the quality of the media.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Dropbox compression degraded the media quality to a noticeable extent.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

The size of the Dropbox Mobile app was impeding on the overall functionality of the operating system on my smartphone, and did not offer the ability to move to SD card or alternative storage. Dropbox compression degraded the media quality to a noticeable extent.
Jesse
  • Industry: Media Production

Google Drive is (almost) the backend of my business

Reviewed on 2024/03/25

Overall Google Drive has been wonderful to use. Earlier this year I tried to switch over to Dropbox (I store my clients’ final videos there because it works better for large files) but there was too much of Drive that I missed.

Pros

As a user of Gmail, Google Drive is the hub for all of my documents and assets. It’s super easy to add assets to a folder straight from Gmail, and the organization and ease of use just works. I’m so used to Google Sheets that anything else feels clunky, and thanks to Google Docs I haven’t had to touch MS Word in decades. All of that lives in Google Drive and makes managing my projects a simple task.

Cons

I’m a video editor, and downloading large video files for Drive is a pain in the butt. It collects them all in several zip files and makes managing or naming them very hard. I also never use the Mac app sync option, because I don’t the same confidence in it the way I would Dropbox. Also, it’s a small thing but the new Move/Organize right-click menu buried my most used options. When you click something multiple times a day, having to go through multiple sub-menus adds up.

Iñaki

The ultimate online collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2023/08/10

Couldn't be happier with it, we'd be lost without it

Couldn't be happier with it, we'd be lost without it

Pros

I've been using Google drive in my work for over 10 years and I'd be lost without it. It is the easiest way to share files, collaborate on documents, keep digital records and organise projects and or teams that I can think of. We'd be lost without it.

Cons

Honestly I can't find a fault to it, it's the ultimate suit of tools to run and organise your business, and since we started working remotely in 2020 it has been even more valuable.

OneDrive

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

It was easier to operate, setup, and cheaper. Lower barriers to entry.
Mary Jane

GoogleDrive is must have in business & in personal use!

Reviewed on 2023/08/09

Love it! I use it on all my computers. At home, at work. Such an amazing tool. Helps immensely!

Pros

It's capacity to hold information & data. The ability to share easily with who needs it & still protects data from those who don't need it. You can pick & choose who sees what & still never lose a thing.

Cons

Having to double click every folder or file, but that's in all the software. Trying to keep you from making mistakes.

Norton Secure VPN

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I needed more space and flexibility. Sharing issues were vital.
Voicu

Google Drive is a awsome experience!

Reviewed on 2023/08/09

I share it to my colleagues for the teamwork for a great experience.

I share it to my colleagues for the teamwork for a great experience.

Pros

I like that Google Drive can be accessed by all my devices, my data are safe, my work is save all the time. I use it for my job, for my projects, for my students.

Cons

There is nothing to like least about Google Drive.

• Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Easy to use, cheap, full control on each detail

Reviewed on 2024/01/24

Pros

you simply create a document and share it with the person or team you need, also you can share a folder and all the docs or sheets there are available
also the backups are full auto, you don't need to care about backups

Cons

the folder organization can be a bit messy because you can share anythin anywhere, it would be nice to have a list of what you shared to control all the published files and folders

Yozet Rafael
Yozet Rafael
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Google drive review

Reviewed on 2024/03/05

It is a good and friendly environment in the cloud

It is a good and friendly environment in the cloud

Pros

It is easy to use, you can keep your files secured, the files can be dowloaded really fast to any device

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit expensive to get more storage

Amazon S3

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Because of the simplicity for the use of out workers
Harwant
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Google drive

Reviewed on 2024/01/20

Pros

This is chipest services easily person used

Cons

Driver running status out of service show and not friendly used

Jay
Jay

Google Drive is my favorite network file serving storage program.

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

In working with Google Drive Enterprise version, I've been able to map out project roadmaps and establish document and folder organization in a much more logical and efficient manner. I'd highly recommend Google Drive for Enterprise, in working with higher-functioning needs in storage management, sharing, use, and retrieval.

Pros

Google Drive is highly Incorporated in to many users' work flow system integrations through the popularity of Google products for consumers, professionals, education, and developers.

There are various versions that are offered at different levels of need, and every established account is given 15 GB of storage for free, forever.

More advanced versions of Google Drive offer increased storage quotas, improved workspace options for reviewing and organizing work flows and documents. Better interface options exist with the upgraded versions of drive.

The main interface itself is simple and elegant, offering several tabs for file locating, workspaces, sharing, and team drives (in the upgraded versions).

Cons

I would like to be able to work in Command-Line ungzip tars, for example: in a bash shell. The established workflow goes well, though, in being capably Incorporated in to other file management apps that are available on mobile; which is my current preferred platform.

Dropbox Business and OneDrive

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I switched from iCloud (somehat); it feels like Google Drive has been there for a long time, of the internet's online resources, to speak of. I find that Google Drive has a better user interface for mobile devices, which are what I prefer to use as my work use as well as for personal use.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I've used the iCloud, Dropbox, and OneTouch online storage and sharing solutions, yet I've found Google Drive to be a much more significantly supported user experience and interface option, which has become a familiar and expected platform offering for saved, read, and stored files.
Keith
Keith
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Cloud Storage for all your Data Needs

Reviewed on 2019/11/17

Google Drive is fast, easy to use and very robust as it acts like another DRIVE on your computer (if you install the software) and is easily accessible from just about any device, mobile included. Overall, if you are looking for a cloud based solution, Google Drive is literally at the top of the group here!

Pros

Google Drive is a great cloud based storage solution. It allows businesses and students to utilize safe, fast and user friendly storage that's quicker and simpler than USB thumb drives. This solution can be used from a phone, laptop, Chromebook or PC and is super easy to pop open, save files, copy files and move files to and from Google Drive using your various devices. If you pay for use, Google Drive opens up to being one of the best and most useful software/cloud based storage solutions ever made.

Cons

The free tier of the software/cloud solution is severely limited in every way possible. It's more of a preview of what you can do with Google Drive. That's not much of a complaint considering most people looking for a cloud based solution are also likely willing to pay for it.

Russell

A solid choice for a backup solution for small businesses

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

I on and off looked for a backup solution for the many many thousands of photos I take during home inspections. I needed to back up photos from my work phone (Android) automatically while retaining folder structures. I was convinced I needed to solve my backup issue with Google Photos and spent a lot of time looking for ways to backup photos automatically WHILE retaining a folder structure (I didn't want to have to manually create Albums). Then I looked at other solutions like Dropbox and may others. The final straw was when I left a laptop on a plane and low and behold, nobody turned it in. I lost a lot of valuable photos. So I got serious. I finally figured out that using Google Drive, I can use third party apps such as Autosync for Google Drive on my Android phone that will automatically do what I want. Now, life is bueno. I sleep easy at night and have stopped checking daily to make sure things backed up.

Pros

I like that I have multiple ways to access Google Drive. I can access it from computer, phone, the app, the Internet. I like that I can easily change between Drive accounts as well. I keep personal and business separate. I also like that there are multiple ways to auto backup to Drive. I use an app on my business phone called Drive Sync that automatically detects new files in a certain directory, and backs them up retaining the folder structure to a designated Drive location. That's something I was unable to accomplish with Google Photos.

Cons

I'd have to say I am not super jazzed about the sharing functionality. I take videos of part of our inspection process on homes and share them with clients. If the client does not have a Google account, sometimes it does not automatically allow them to view using the link that gets sent with the invite unless I take extra steps and create a link and set it so that anyone can view it. I'd like to be able to have some settings where I can default that anyone with the invite link or email can view the files / video. I would not have to go through so many steps each time I share a file. It also seems the same functionality is not available on the drive app through my Android phone as there is when I use a computer and access it. It seems there are more features for sharing when I use the computer. I think they could use some streamlining on the sharing features.

The other thing I am a little puzzled by is why doesn't Google Drive have a robust auto backup solution that his highly configurable. I am a Google business customer, and I figured this would be something beneficial to include with either Drive or an enhanced business version of Drive tools.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Drive was the only solution I was able to figure out a way to ONE WAY automatically sync many thousands of photos with a folder structure from my Android phone. I had to use a third party app called Autosync for Google Drive to get the job done to automatically back up my photos and folder structure one way automatically every day.
  • Industry: Design

Google Drive is Amazing for Collaboration

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Very positive. I would highly recommend using Drive to any graphic designer.

Very positive. I would highly recommend using Drive to any graphic designer.

Pros

When working with clients, I love to keep a Google drive going so that we can upload our ideas, inspiration and deliverables. Especially during the Coronavirus Pandemic, this has been especially useful for remotely working.

Cons

I don’t have too many complaints. Sometimes there’s a bit of back and forth to give permissions for people to view the files outside of the company— but honestly not to hard.

Dropbox Business, Box and iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Ease of use. Trying different things. Dropbox is nice too but google drive is easy to use and is connected with my gmail account :)

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

The connection to gmail is a huge plus. Also the collaborative properties of google docs hand in hand with google drive is great for my workflow!
Benson

Google Drive makes Document management and collaboration easy

Reviewed on 2023/01/27

Google Drive works well when you have emails based on the Gmail platform. It makes working on crucial documents in a collaborative environment a breeze. The worry that the hard disk will crash and wipe out all the sweat that has gone into preparing presentation documents or reports is taken care of. Google Drive is reliable since you no longer have to worry about not saving changes and redoing a significant portion of work.The other great aspect of Google Drive and cloud storage in general is that you can access the documents anywhere there is an internet connection.

Pros

Google Drive provides excellent cloud storage for documents and files. It makes collaboration on a report/presentation easy since it integrates with the Google Suite of products. It's intuitive to use Google Drive: you just create a folder, label it appropriately and either upload files into it or create new Google docs/ spreadsheets or slides and invite users to collaborate by specifying how they can interact with the contents

Cons

The offline synchronization is wacky. The one this that makes this less of an issue is that it's rare nowadays to work offline.

Microsoft SharePoint and Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Synchronization issues on document or report versions became a major pain for most of the team

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is already integrated into the email especially since the company uses Gmail-based email. Google Drive is probably the easiest even for new users to get accustomed to
Angelica
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Exploring Google Drive: Your trusted online companion.

Reviewed on 2023/05/19

As an intern in the pharmaceutical development and research department at the University, Google Drive was an invaluable tool. We use Google Drive to store and share documents, presentations and spreadsheets related to our project. The ability to collaborate in real time and keep all the files organized in one place facilitated the communication and productivity of the team. In addition, the integration with other Google applications allowed us to create and edit documents directly on the platform without having to download them or worry about the latest versions. In general, Google Drive was fundamental to our daily work and contributed to simplifying our research and development tasks.

Pros

Google Drive offers a wide range of advantages for individual users, companies and work teams. With an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, it allows you to store, synchronize and access files from any device with an Internet connection. Its integration with other Google applications, such as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, facilitates editing and collaboration in real time. In addition, it offers a generous amount of free storage, with expansion options at affordable prices. The file sharing function allows you to share documents and folders with other users in a simple way, and the privacy and security options provide peace of mind by protecting personal and professional information.

Cons

Although Google Drive is an excellent option in general, it has some limitations. One of the drawbacks is the dependence of an Internet connection to access the files stored in the cloud. In addition, sometimes automatic synchronization can be slow, especially with large files. Some users may also find restrictions on the amount of free storage available, which may require the purchase of additional plans. In addition, there are concerns about the privacy of the data stored in the cloud, since Google has access to the files to show personalized ads.

Driven To The Limits

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Easy to use, simple and no-nonsense, on top with the fact that it provides a generous 15GBs on free storage, Google Drive is my personal go-to cloud storage. With it's ease of file sharing, making sure that everybody can access the document is a breeze, editing them on the fly is seamless due to its integration with G Suite. The creme de la creme is that all of these are free, and you would only need to upgrade the plans if you're in desperate need of more storage.

Pros

• The ever useful Google Ecosystem. (It has access to other Google services like their Gmail and Google Documents, where the latter allows seamless transition when a document file, like a word document or a spreadsheet, is opened)
• Integration with a plethora of web based services.
• Extremely intuitive user interface.
• Simple file sharing capabilities.
• Easily monitoring of the documents' activity log.
• Computer syncing, which allows the backing up of files on your computer.
• The mobile app allows the files to be easily accessed anywhere, the mobile website is also well-designed.
• Free 15GBs of storage, though it is shared with Gmail.
• Decently priced if you're opting for the paid version.

Cons

• File sharing requires a Google account. (Can be mitigated as you don't exactly need to register a gmail account in order to have a Google account)
• Google's ecosystem makes it rather difficult to communicate with other services outside of the Google ecosystem, like Microsoft's Outlook.
• May need to be refreshed multiple times to see any 'real-time' changes.
• Ease of access by multiple users for a single document may cause some issues like multiple edits on the same time, or the risk of having someone sabotaging the documents.
• Rather nit-picky opinion, but it does not have a personal customization capabilities like those on other Google applications like Gmail.

Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Higher Education

Is Drive Perfect? No—But It's Close.

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

As someone who moves from various devices on a regular basis, Google Drive is a godsend. The program lets you create documents, spreadsheets, slides, and storage area across multiple platforms—all you need to do is be able to log in and access it from a browser or app.

I use this regularly for my day job as well as various writing side projects I have. Being able to type ideas at home, access it same document from my phone at lunch, and then look at it again from my work laptop is incredible. This isn't new technology, of course, but the way Drive does it feels seamless. Download to independent devices is also incredibly easy. As it uploading files (I've used Drive as a dumping ground for many a photo archive over the years).

It's not perfect, though—trying to work with more elegant formatting for an uploaded .doc file (for instance) will almost always result in a pretty terrible looking document. And while it doesn't happen often, Drive is sometimes down for maintenance...which of course happens when you *really* need it.

But, it's great. I'm not a huge Google nut, but I always recommend Drive to folks. It's saved my bacon more than once.

Pros

-The ability to store and easily access documents, spreadsheets, images, and so on from any device is fantastic.
-Intuitive, easy-to-use user interface.
-A fair bit of customization as far as organizing goes.
-Working collaboratively is easy.
-It's free!*

*(To a certain point—you can upgrade to more storage for a small monthly fee.)

Cons

-If (and when) Drive is down, you can't access your files unless you downloaded them.
-Exporting and importing .doc files sometimes results in a huge formatting mess.
-Not as many general options for the various documents and spreadsheets as I would like.
-Sharing documents with people (and the resulting phantom emails Google sends to people) kind of drives me crazy.

Barbara
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Google Drive is essential for file management and sharing of our international business

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

We are a global technology company with multiple offices in US and internationally. We use Google drive for saving and sharing all our files in US and in international offices. Google drive is official tool used by our company globally (we employ over 1,300 people worldwide). This is a great tool!

Pros

I like most that you can use Google drive for file saving and sharing from any location in US and internationally. Our business has multiple locations in US and internationally. I work in finance and part of finance team work from multiple international offices. My international team members can save files in the same Google drive regardless of location. It is easy to share and see files immediately.

I can also create separate groups and share files only within those groups. I can include all or only designated individuals in each of the group. Managing access is very easy and helps confidentiality.

I also like that it is very easy to share files outside of organization. It is very simple to add email address of outside party and give it access to the folder. As a result, no additional work is required.

All our files are backed-up on Google drive. I love it. Sometimes, laptop can get damaged, especially during business trips, but I can still access all my files on new desktop without additional work or efford.

I also like that it is very easy to access files from home or during business trips. I don't need to call server or establish a connection to the server. I simply login into my Google email and access Google drive with all files. This saves time.

Cons

I love Google drive and I believe it is essential for our international business. The only one area of improvement that I would recommend is to make replication to hard drive easier and more simultaneous. When we try to replicate automatically, sometimes, we see conflicting versions and replication is not real time. So, it is better to see files on Google drive (Internet), rather than replica on hard drive. This is not a big deal as I can always work online on Google drive and download my files to Google drive myself.

Supun
Supun

Google Drive is the Best Online Storage

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

I recommend using Google Drive for the people who looking for cloud storage. I did not face any problem when using it. You can afford 15GB free storage when you creating account. There is nothing to be afraid. All the data you upload to the drive is private and highly secured. Data will not lost or change with time. Best place to keep your important files, backups. If you want to transfer a file between two computers and you do not have any pen drive, just upload the file to the Drive and download it from the other computer. I think Google Drive is the best solution for the cloud storage.

Pros

In my experience, I think Google drive is the most popular online data storing service available all around the world. Major reasons for its popularity are the features offered by the Google Drive to its users. Any person who creates a Google E-mail account (Gmail) will automatically receive a 15GB from Google Drive online storage space. This storage is allocated to the user free of charge. 15GB is enough for our daily activities. If we want more space we can buy more storing space from Google and it is cheap. Google drive is a cloud service and we can access our storage from anywhere in the world. Only we need is an internet connection and smartphone or computer. Privacy and security of the stored data is very high. Also we can share files in our drive with others. We can get a link to the file that we need to share and we can send the link. In this case, they can only visit the file I shared and other files in the Google Drive are private.

Cons

I am using Google Dive over a long period of time. But I did not find any issues with that. There were some minor bugs in period that Google Drive was introduced. Google team is fixing every small bug regularly and release updates. Therefore I cannot point out any problem related to that. Some could have problems related to the interface of the Drive. But that is fine because Google Drive has a simple user interface. Other than that, no any issues.

The best Cloud Service hands down!

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Overall my experience with Google Drive is a very good relationship. It is dependable and I have the peace of mind of knowing my files, photos, and documents are stored safely and I won't lose any.

Pros

I have used Google Drive for many years. I have Google Drive on each of my laptops, desktop, and smartphones it's awesome because no matter which device I'm using I know I can always access my files. They offer up to 15G of storage for all your files, photos, and documents. My husband and I both use it so that we can share files between each other like tax documents and other important family files. Everything is stored on Google's servers so that you can always have access. Another benefit of storing your files on Google Drive instead of USB drives or external hard drives they can become corrupted over time or one day malfunction when you plug it in and your important files, documents and photos are destroyed but not with Google Drive you have the peace of mind knowing that your files stay in-tact.
One other great feature is if you receive a file that you don't have an app on the device that you are trying to open it on just open it with Google Drive it has the ability to open Microsoft Word documents, PDF, and spreadsheets. Another feature I use a lot is the search features with the amount of files I have stored it's hard to stroll through them all to find what I need. You can search by the type of document and keywords. The last feature I use a lot is sending large files from my Gmail to my husband or other contacts with ease.

Cons

The only draw back is the upload and download speeds can be rather slow at times even if your on WiFi.

Camila
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Mainly opening other people's files drives me crazy

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

I have used it for many years, I have bought 200 GB and am very happy with my action. I think that space online is one of the best things you can buy, because you have your files anywhere you need them, whenever you need them. You also don't have to worry about your computer getting stolen or breaking and losing everything. You can free space from your computer and that way making it work better. But Drive offers you much more than that and I love it and is why I pay for it's service. Of course, it is not perfect and there are always things that can be improved, but right now, I can only think of the detaile I mentioned before.

Pros

I LOVE how it is linked with all the other Google apps. I really like the organization, it is very similar to the computer's organization so it is very easy to understand and to learn to use, mainly for older people that maybe do not handle the Internet very easily. I also like to have my recent files on fast access, very useful. The folder sharing is one of Drive's most important features, and I think it is great, because that way I can share anything with anybody, as long as I share the folder or send them the link. To have many ways to share a file is also really good, you can choose the one that suites you better each time.

Cons

Above I spoke about file sharing, which I think is great but, A LOT of my friends and family have trouble with the authorization, they always complain about sharing something with someone and that someone then having to ask for permission, which they had already given by sending them the email to access the folder or the file. I, after two years of using it constantly, have learned how it works and do not have any issue with that. But it took me some time. Not because it is TOO hard, but because Google's apps (and mainly Drive) are usually very simple, easy to use. So you are not expecting for something to be a little bit more complicated, to have to read the indications. I know there is a message that pops-up when you are going to share something , telling you to change the configuration, but honestly, nobody reads them. People usually are like: but I sent you the link! Why does it ask me for permission? Some of them, tired of receiving many emails about the permission to access de file (like I was), look for the reason of this and read the indications, but most people don't do. So, what I suggest, is for it to not have a "default" option that sets in on "restringed", I would just leave it in blank and force the person to read that, it is not that hard, it will take just a second and will save them from complaining later without them knowing. Many of my friends prefer to just give me a pendrive with the file other than sending it by Drive.

Amit
Amit

My Honest Review For Google Drive.

Reviewed on 2020/10/24

Overall experience with Google Drive Is Good. It's way more advanced, cheap and reliable to other platforms or options available at present time.

Pros

The most important feature that I like about this software is the readiness it provides to save your file whenever you are thinking about saving the file at the safe place. It is made by Google I am 100 per cent assured that my data is in safe hands. The ease of using the software is also a plus. You just have to sign up and sync your phone and Google and you never have to worry about saving your data. It is available free which always is a plus for anyone.

Cons

The cons that I came across while using Gdrive is that it has used more of text to get your jobs done. It would have been better if Google would have image buttons or more of images in the software, that would make the user a bit relaxed because when it comes to handling data the user is somewhat tensed in someway. As in the case of Google Photos, play store, Google Pay seems to be more comfortable in using than Drive. The price also seems to be a barrier , as Google doesnot seem to make the user comfortable with the price which it offers for a common user . The price tag seems more comfortable for business. And I personally think that Google should think differently for individual users. Though there may be updates in Google Drive since its launch, I have personally not experinced any Better User experience with the software as with other Google products. Since Google drive software is related to data, Google seems to be less in terms of explaing the users whether the data will be available after 20 years as Google is also known to shut down apps that dont work.

James
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The Drive to Save Me From Losing My Past

Reviewed on 2021/01/10

I actually love it. My files remain intact and complete, even from my first upload. The quality is unchanged and therefore appreciated. To this day I can easily find and use files ten years old, without compromise. I've never had a corruption issue or bad experience with Google Drive. Stable, clearly presented and free, I wholeheartedly recommend this software.

Pros

I love that Drive always backs up the pics and vids that I would forget to save. It works in the background, it lets me choose the quality (and therefore the space used in the cloud) of everything I upload, it's reliable and easy to use. I can retrieve files quickly and without confusion. It also gives me quite a bit of free storage and offers relatively inexpensive options to expand if I choose.

Cons

The offline component is lacking. I can choose to make files readable offline but one-at-a-time. This gets tedious, sometimes annoying. The fact that I can't even preview my files while not online is absurd. Thumbnails are small in size, I should at least be able to see something that identifies my files, not just white icons adorned with incomprehensible text.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

An Easy to Use and USeful Storage Tool

Reviewed on 2022/09/08

Overall, I have had a good experience. It is easy to use and helpful for productivity and when you’re on-the go.

Pros

Firstly, it’s very easy to use. I also like the integration across google services such as gmail and google docs. You can send large documents in gmail through a google drive link and you can access your google docs easily from your drive etc. You can easily use Drive with other services such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
I like the "portability" of Google Drive. I love that I can access it anytime and anywhere with an internet connection and can move from PC to mobile and to any PC with internet access and being able to access all your files. I also like the ability to share with others with a simple link and then you're able to see all persons who have access to the file.
The ability to link and sync with a folder on your PC is very helpful. You don't have to actively remember to upload/back-up the files to your drive - you can simply operate from that folder on your PC.
The monthly subscription is affordable to move from the free 15GB to the 100GB.

Cons

Like most other google services, it is internet-based and so you will need the internet to access your files. The exception is when you have the folder synced on your PC. However, you will still need to connect to the internet to sync and update.
The 15 GB limit for free accounts is very limited in today’s climate when files are becoming larger and larger. A few high quality videos can completely deplete your storage.
There are some security concerns as with most network-based services regarding malicious access to your files as well as potential google services tracking and data sharing.