Google Drive Reviews

Google Drive

Cloud storage and backup for files, photos, docs, and more

4.8/5 (14417 reviews)
Stephen P.

Google Drive Is The Foundation For My Business

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Imagine handling custom orders, customer followup, delivery scheduling, contacts, accounting, form creation, word processing, inventory, etc all from one app, FOR FREE. Yes, you could spend $5,000-$20,000 on a complicated dedicated app that may or may not do all of those things. Your training curve will be long and you will quickly learn all of the limitations due to things the app is missing. With Google Drive you don't have to pay anything and you don't have to worry about about paying thousands for future updates. Your training curve will be minimal in comparison because most functions within Google Drive and it's extension of apps operate in a similar, intuitive format. If there is a function you need, you can either add a plugin extension or customize a plugin you are already using. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be and helps bring your business operations into focus like no other application I have used.

Pros

Everything about Google Drive is pretty amazing! I'm a huge advocate of this application. It can truly revolutionize the way your business is organized and the way operations are handled. The depth of what can be accomplished with Google Drive is second to none in my opinion. It doesn't hurt that 90% of the functionality is offered free with a standard gmail account. There are a few options that require a business gmail account but those are functions I have rarely required.

I literally took 2 different companies, each with 5 separate retail locations, and took all of their old antiquated paper form systems, contact management, accounting, etc. and created a cloud based system with Google drive. This allowed employees from all 5 stores access or restricted access to any type of document at any time, all at the same time. The amount of time, money, and energy saved not to mention the efficiency of operation, was immeasurable. It was like moving a company from the dark ages into a modern technological society. There were concerns that older less tech savvy team members would not adjust well to the new workflow but those concerns were put to rest after they received continuous training. Any additional training required to get team members up to speed was more than worth it because the entire operation was now working together seamlessly with full access to information at any time.

It certainly took time to setup new systems, produce new SOP's but it was well worth it!

Cons

Once you spend time in the software you understand how intuitively and simply it has been designed. There is nothing I don't like about this app. It is life changing.

Great & Easy Drive Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/26

I would describe my overall experience as positive. It has heightened my work productivity levels, given me cheaper options in terms of storage and what kind of computer I chose to buy, and peace of mind knowing that my important work and art documents remained safe. I have recommended this option to many of my friends, and have encouraged them to use the platform to communicate with me for all work related tasks. I think what sets it above the rest is that it is not just a cloud drive, it is a huge amount of free software all packaged together for anyone to use. The creativity , ideas, and organization has an endless possibility on Google Drive.

Pros

I recently decided to buy a chromebook, and that computer has very little space for documents and photos. Documents and photos are my bread and butter as an artist, and there is no such thing as deleting anything, because I am not sure when or if I will need that document or photo in the future. For a very cheap subscription, I was able to get 100GB of drive space and it has allowed me to have no issues using my specialized lap top, saving me hundreds of dollars. Secondly what I like most about the software is the ability to save documents in different formats and to download them in different formats. I am able to move from different forms to different documents effortlessly and without issue. When you are self-employed, it is important to both be able to save those documents in many forms, and well has never deleting them.
Thirdly, I love that my items will allows be in Google Drive even if my computer breaks. The safety in knowing that my documents and pictures are safe and sound for the first time is amazing. I have lost so many important items through different computers breaking, and I know that no matter what happens to my current computer, the important items that I'm creating will not disappear. Finally, I really love using all of the extensions that google drive allow you to have. I think that the people who create those extensions are very creative. I even create invoices in my Google Drive and can send them out and track them through the free software, perfect!

Cons

I honestly don't have a ton of complaints about Google Drive itself. I think that the ease of sending documents to non-gmail users could be better, but I feel that that is more of a Google Doc specific software issue than a drive issue. I think that if they could improve a bit of the folder making / storing / organizing navigation that would help me a lot . I think that given how large of space they allow you to have, keeping organized can be really difficult. The search function is extremely important to me given how many files I have, but that only works out for me if I remember the name or subject I am looking for. The search function is limited especially if I am looking for photos. Being able to stay organized and visually see my files without a search is important to me, the more files you have, the more options you will need with how you view your layout. I think that the drive could be improved a lot if they increased layout options and photo find searches. In general though these are low-stress issues to me as a user, and I would still recommend this drive over the others.

Barbara S.

Google Drive is essential for file management and sharing of our international business

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

We are a global technology company with multiple offices in US and internationally. We use Google drive for saving and sharing all our files in US and in international offices. Google drive is official tool used by our company globally (we employ over 1,300 people worldwide). This is a great tool!

Pros

I like most that you can use Google drive for file saving and sharing from any location in US and internationally. Our business has multiple locations in US and internationally. I work in finance and part of finance team work from multiple international offices. My international team members can save files in the same Google drive regardless of location. It is easy to share and see files immediately.

I can also create separate groups and share files only within those groups. I can include all or only designated individuals in each of the group. Managing access is very easy and helps confidentiality.

I also like that it is very easy to share files outside of organization. It is very simple to add email address of outside party and give it access to the folder. As a result, no additional work is required.

All our files are backed-up on Google drive. I love it. Sometimes, laptop can get damaged, especially during business trips, but I can still access all my files on new desktop without additional work or efford.

I also like that it is very easy to access files from home or during business trips. I don't need to call server or establish a connection to the server. I simply login into my Google email and access Google drive with all files. This saves time.

Cons

I love Google drive and I believe it is essential for our international business. The only one area of improvement that I would recommend is to make replication to hard drive easier and more simultaneous. When we try to replicate automatically, sometimes, we see conflicting versions and replication is not real time. So, it is better to see files on Google drive (Internet), rather than replica on hard drive. This is not a big deal as I can always work online on Google drive and download my files to Google drive myself.

Annette Y.

Drive Makes Your Life Easier

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

With Drive, even if all our laptops and hard drives were stolen or destroyed, we'd still have all our documents safely stored and accessible in Drive.

There are even apps for on-the-go collaboration. I can be miles away from the office at a photoshoot or a client meeting, and can easily find any information on my phone through the Drive app.

Any prior system of file storage seems archaic after using this software.

Pros

What did we do before products like Drive? We rummaged for files on our desktop, sent a thousand emails to colleagues looking for information, and lost documents in a shuffle of unorganized madness.

Drive makes it easy to store and collaborate on files within your organization and outside of it.

- The "search" feture within Drive is accurate and useful, easily and accurately identifying the content I'm looking for. As long as you use clear, identifiable titles on the items in your Drive, you will find what you're looking for in less than 5 seconds. No rummaging around on your hard drive or desktop for files, no emails back and forth to other departments to look for something.

- If I need to share a Doc or a Sheet with a client for approval or collaboration, I can easily identify what level of permission I am offering them: editing or viewing. It keeps me from accidentally letting someone edit a document who shouldn't have access to it.

- It is very reliable. I never experience glitching or accidentally losing content due to software malfunction (an issue I've had with competitive software).

- The layout of the applications within Drive (Sheets, Docs, etc.) are intuitive and easy to navigate. I feel confident even my mostly computer illiterate 68 year old mother could handle navigating Drive and utilizing it well.

- It has a clean, modern appearance that helps me feel less stressed when I'm looking for files.

- The color scheme is pleasant.

Cons

Even the most brilliant products have ways they can improve.

1. While Drive offers an easy launch pad into other applications like Sheets and Docs, there is not an easy way to navigate back to Drive once you're in a spreadsheet or a document.

The link in the top left corner will take you back to the Sheets homepage, but not to Google Drive. For that, you have to do a few extra clicks or utilize a bookmark.

In our company, we constantly hop back and forth between Sheets and Docs, so I wish there was an easier way to go back to the parent Drive page.

2. The second area for possible improvement is the permissions section. When I want to share a script with a client outisde of our organization for them to make edits to, I have to make 6 clicks. For an action that I frequently do, that's a lot.

There are less clicks required if you're sharing to someone within your organization, but I find that useless as each member on our team already has access to all of our company files and doesn't need a special link for sharing purposes.

Google Drive user review

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Google Drive has become part of a lot of peoples work as it serves the most important feature as a shelf for all your files. Have been loving the minmalistic design . All the features which are being constantly updated and such keen intent on making things better with improving the experience consistently has also increased the intent as we can be assured of much more features which can help us is a delight to expect. An allround app with ton load of features with a minimal design and maximum workability makes this a need rather than necessity. There are other options in the market but the usability and ease makes it a clear winner from my view .

Pros

I love that Drive has made it so convenient to have files and data at your disposal at any given time. All you need is an internet device. I like that all the drive is easily navigatable and the thumbnails is an added advantage. Absolutely been loving the drag and drop feature since it came. A well-thought list of features which makes things so easy and fast to use, access and download. Like the activity tab which helps in retrieving files easily for repeated use. Love the work space feature to share files among specific groups, making things lot easier and efficient.

Cons

The first thing comes to my mind, when it comes to demerits is the fact that some time uploading or downloading content feels clumsy, much to blame the internet speeds I guess, Would like if the file thumbnails are a bit bigger would make things easier when you are scrolling to look for a specific file visually. Would like if the Data meter also displayed some more key features like a pie chart with different type files with data properties. Same applies to the drive itself if searching for a file could be different from the list or thumbnail to something more ergonomic would make the user experience much more delightful.from the conventional list.

Sébastien L.

Highly Capable and User-Friendly Cloud Storage Solution at the Center of Your Digital Needs

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

All in all, Google Drive remains an excellent option. It lacks some desirable features to my likings and isn't as customizable as other Google products like Gmail. But it is indeed a solid piece of software and it has worked flawlessly almost 100% of the time, except when synchronizing large amounts of data on unsupported Linux systems. I like to keep multiple copies of important files such as vacation photos and Google Drive is perfect for that scenario: you only have to upload your files once and you can rest assured that they will stay there for a long time. Downloading the files again is as easy as selecting them or even selecting a folder and right-clicking on it to create a zipped file. It makes it painless to retrieve documents on any device as long as you are willing to log in to your Google account in the first place. If not, having the ability to share a link to files is also very handy and solves many issues at work when giving direct access to one account is not feasible. I have personally connected Google Drive to many other services like Google Sheets, Google Docs, ClickUp (productivity tool), FitNotes (weight training application) and WhatsApp for instance to keep backups of most of my digital trails and it has been working like a charm since the beginning.

Pros

Google Drive is reliable and absolutely scalable with paid plans going from 100GB to 30TB, suiting the storage needs of the vast majority of customers. It requires no initial setup, not even on Android phones where it shines brightly thanks to the fact that it manages automatic backups of users' data, storage device settings and application cache. It also integrates well with a multitude of Android applications which also offer the ability to store backups on Google Drive (such as the ubiquitous WhatsApp application). It works offline, it has plenty of keyboard shortcuts to move around efficiently, it integrates really well with other Google products such as Google Drawing and Google My Maps and it can even be connected with more online applications, including Geogebra for mathematics or MindMeister to create mind maps. As with most Google products, it comes with a powerful search box that allows to search files by type, by owner, by date modified or with specific keywords, among other filters. There are many additional features available when right-clicking on files and folders to create copies, download the file or folder and options to share with other people. Sending emails with large attachments within Gmail becomes extremely easy too, as Gmail will ask to use Google Drive when the attachments are deemed too big. Most files can be opened natively with Google tools: images, PDF documents, Google maps and spreadsheets, saving time and hassle when on the move.

Cons

Google Drive doesn't work like a full-fledged file manager, which makes it harder to quickly organize files and folders. You can drag and drop items around, but there is no way to have split views of different folders side-by-side. There is no official Linux client to work with, which means there are many third-party solutions available: some being free and either overly complex or too simple; some better options being non-free. For this reason, there is no simple way to freely synchronize only chosen files and folders on Linux unless one is going to trust a commercial third-party company or willing to work from the terminal. Google Drive integrates with other Google products such as Calendar, Keep and Tasks, but you cannot directly include or browse files from within those apps, so one has to go back and forth or just reference shareable links that need to be created from Google Drive. Again, because there is no Linux client available, those actions can't be perform without having to access Google Drive from a web browser, which is something many other software offer right out of the box (Dropbox and pCloud being great examples, where Dropbox even has a command-line interface that allows shareable links to be created without even having opened the client). Even when those shortcomings can be overcome, Google Drive is actually slower when synchronizing than other mainstream services, making it less practical to transfer very large amount of data in one single session.

A review of Google Drive by the Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Fine, nearly completely problem or bug free for 3+ years.

Nice looking UI, huge amount of functionality. Google - being as large as they are - do not provide first class online support, but they do try.

Reliable.

Pros

Google Drive allows our agency to store a huge number of document - including artwork, copy, photos, spreadsheets, etc. - online and ensure everyone on our team and our collaborators have (nearly) instant access. While not quite as fast a physical server sitting in our office it is certainly easier and cheaper and requires less maintenance.

If you let your browser save your password and cookies, it's incredibly easy to immediately access the folders stored in the cloud.

Works in every browser we use and seems to be able to handle every filetype we've thrown at it. It obviously is not quite as good as using a computer's OS to access, edit and explore, but it does it's job reliably.

It has never lost any of our agency's data in three years.

Cons

Viewing the files is another story and relies on the speed of your internet. It can take a very long time to even see the thumbnails of the images in a folder - just to even know which images to start downloading!

The ability to share a file or folder with anyone in the world is quite easy - but not as quick as it should be. There are many fiddly steps and clicks involved and I never feel 100% sure that the recipient will actually be able to access it. We often use WeTransfer over this method because it seems more reliable and provides better and clearer reporting.

Samridh S.

Google Drive: One Location for All

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Google drive is the goto place for sharing and collaborating and I absolutely make use of it pretty much every week and sometimes everyday.

Pros

Before Google drive, sharing and collaborating with other people was through CDs, Pen drives, emails and other such mediums. Google drive has changed it dramatically by making this process easy, intuitive and less stressful. Google drive has so many Pros but here are the three main ones that makes me want to use it every time during all my personal and schooling projects - want to share only certain things with certain people but have access to all of them in one location, Google drive got you covered; want to see what others are changing things on the files (doc, xls, ppt) in real time, google drive has got you covered; want to see the history of changes over time, of course google drive has you covered. I like how I can organize my folders in different locations. One can not only create folders and documents but can easily upload them as well. As long as you have access to internet, you have access to the files. It is well integrated into the google's environment which I think is the reason why it has become so popular.

Cons

The biggest con for me has been the size limit. 15GB was not enough for me as I have a personal folder where I have lot of personal pictures and personal videos stored. These days a good 1080p videos of just a few minutes can climb up to 100MB. The other con is that though google drive gives you access to the doc, xls, ppt files the formatting is limited. This causes some issues when files are downloaded from google drive to Microsoft platform or vice versa. I don't see google drive ever enhancing their file formatting to keep up to date but again it is meant to be a collaborative platform to share and collaborate ideas and work together. For formatting simply download and do it on the correct tool.

Radoslav B.

Google Drive Review

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/11

I am using it a long time for the university, also for work.
My benefit from this app is that I am working on something at home, then upload it on my Drive, and when I go to the university I can easily open my work - I have no need to get my PC with me.
Also I can easily save for example pictures when I am on a trip and run out of memory on my phone. Then just share my files in the Drive and make much more pictures - no adittional SD cards or whatever.
The main advantage is that you can accesss files everywhere anytime you want - from laptop, tablet, PC, telephone - all you want.
It is very easy and useful to use software. I pretty recommend it.

Pros

1. Very pretty desing
2. Everything is intuitive - you can easily find what you want. You do not waste your time in understanding how to work with the application.
3. There is a search engine for the whole application - this helps the user to easily find some files.
4. There is leftside navigation bar which conatins all you want:
4.1. You can easily see all the containers ( folders ) that you created and navigate to them.
4.2. You can easily see everything shared with you - in the section.
4.3. You have your recycle bin - easily see what you have deleted.
4.4. You can see what is the amount of storage that you are currently using - this is helpful in order to let you know how to manage your content - and if you had run out of space, there is a quick link where you can easily expand your cloud storage.
5. There is right navigation panel which easily shows you basic information about currently selected folder or file. There is useful information which sometimes is useful and you can reach it with just one move of your head.
6. There is activity tab which shows you what have you been doing. I find this helpful in order to remember what you have been doing and in order to check if someone has hacked your account and did something you do not want to.
7. There is a virus scanner befofre you download the file.
8. You can easily open your files and even edit them - for example some documents.
9. You can share specific files to specific people.

Cons

1. Maybe it is a good idea to show the content of archive files - in order to know if you really want to download the file.

And till now this is the only thing that for my pyrposes is not practical.

All in all everything esle is very good and useful.

Noemi M.

Great for collaboration and sharing

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Overall, we use Drive a lot in our organization because it's an effective way to communicate in real time and to give others visibility (and even commenting abilities) on what we are doing. Using this software has improved the way we can display and share our work, without fear of it getting lost or taking up too much space. For example, we have started creating Google Sites through Drive instead of PDF documents to report on projects, as they are more interactive and people like the experience of being guided through a website. That's been a big win for us, and the Drive software absolutely empowers us to do this.

Pros

The biggest advantage to using Drive - whether it's Sheets, Docs, Slides, or Sites within Drive - is the provision for simultaneous editing. And then saving in the cloud. It is the height of collaboration, and the fact that it is web-based helps me feel like my work is safe and not as risk of getting completely lost (though some may disagree). I have made great use of Google Docs and Google sites especially within drive, which are very shareable and great places to house information. I like that I can control access in terms of viewing and editing, and can choose these options for drafts of websites and published versions alike.

Aesthetically speaking, too, Drive's presentations of its offerings (docs, slides, etc) is visually cohesive, which makes me feel like I'm in the same platform and that I somewhat know what I'm doing when I enter a potentially new space within the software.

Cons

Sometimes, it is hard to find. What I mean by this - there seems to be an older version of say, Google Sites, that I might access from a gmail account. However, when I go to my gmail account and hit Google Sites, it seems to take me to the old version. I have many times panicked that my sites in progress don't exist in this location, only to remember that I have to go to google drive first (a separate icon in the same grouping of icons to choose from) and from there go into Google Sites, which presents as a newer, cleaner version and where my sites are housed. It doesn't make sense that there would be an umbrella location like Google Drives to house sites, docs, sheets, slides, etc, only to have those same icons elsewhere linking to something else (specifically with sites), knowing that people often access from gmail accounts where these are all lumped together. It's very confusing.

Also, not really a clear way to work offline, but usually just work in a google doc and upload when there's connection. For sites and slides, though, this is harder to do offline.

Sites, within drive, should have more flexible options and tools for customizing. I only have about 3 colors that I can choose from for buttons and headings and the like, and only a few fonts, font sizes, shapes and layouts that the site will accommodate. It's a very basic version of something that has enormous potential for customization, especially considering its convenient location within Google Drive.

7.0/10
Liam S.

Live. Love. Drive.

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

We use Google Drive as part of the Google Business Suite at our organization and have switched over to it almost exclusively for document storage and creating and collaborating on working documents. We can't imagine doing our work without it and appreciate that it is so universal. Even internationals with whom we work are familiar with the software and find it easy to jump in with us at whatever project stage we are at.

Pros

I was jerryrigging an approximation of Google Drive before it even existed by going into Gmail and saving files as attachments to draft emails. Then logging in from another computer to access them. Thank goodness I don't have to do that anymore! Google Drive is the best way to make sure you have your files when you need them, no matter where you go, or what device you have access to. It's my first stop when I need to create a document, spreadsheet, or business presentation. Plus, with our organization's recent upgrade to the Business Suite, storage space is no longer a concern. I would pay for it, even if I were just using it personally. That's how much it means to me.

Cons

The only issues I run into with Google Drive are those that reflect my own disorganized nature. Sometimes I have trouble finding what I'm looking for because I don't have a great filing system. But that's where the search bar comes in handy. The other frustrations I run into with Drive are when others use it incorrectly. Like sharing a file without opening up file sharing permissions. Or being logged into a different Google account when they make edits and leave comments. It's nothing that can't be overcome with a little training and a sprinkling of needed knowledge gained from personal experience or from the help forums.

Delia M.

Great cloud service

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

This is one of the reatest programs I have used.

Is really practical if you have to work in several devices, you can consult your documents from your PC, or your smartphone...

Personally I have a lot of documents which I like to consult and is as easy as check the app on my smartphone, if I want to modify anything I can also do it from there and later check it in my PC. If the case is that you can not use your PC, you have access from any Internet Browser.

One of the best parts is the sharing option by which you can share the folders or documents of your chose with several partners. Really good for teamworkers which are not in the same office.

Moreover Google adds a lor of utilities, like docs, calc sheets, presentations... which increase the uses.

Not only can you use this software as a storing cloud, but you can also work comfortably as if you were using any office tool.

My overall rating is a 10 for its great manageability.

Pros

Easy use.

It syncs with a google account and you are able to have access to them from any device.

You can view documents and also edit them online with the google docs utility, (for example, there is a lot more) they save instantly which is really great if you are forgetful, or have to work in diferent devices.

It's like a folder that you can have on your device with the advantage of being online.
You can also install the application on your Windows PC and upload the folders from a folder that is created on your device locally.

It is really dificult to lose information.

You also can create shared folders or documents, really usefull for share with varius workers.

Cons

When saving documents or images if you do not look at the default folder, you have to go through all the folders and subfolders if you do not remember the name which you saved it.

You have to make sure to correctly select the permissions that are granted to the users with whom the documents and folders are shared, since one of the options is that they can edit, and eliminate the work.

Tawanda M.

Google Drive, the thumb drive i'll never lose!

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Google drive allows me to create folders and organise my files. It is cloud based meaning I can access it any where any time as long as I have an internet connection. Google drive allowed me to access my resume and cover letter when I wanted to apply for a job while travelling and I was away from my personal computer. luckily I had backed up these documents onto google drive.

Pros

Google Drive's free features are enough for my situation. The 15GB that you get from the free plan is more than enough for me. I like the fact that it is integrated with my gmail and allows me to send files larger than 25mb from my gmail. I like that google drive is web based but still has right click fucntionality which gives you a context sensitive menu and not the usual html options as most sites. this means it is actually an application running in your browser and not just a website. Google allows you the option to install a desktop application which comes with features allowing you to backup you files and folders to the cloud by right clicking and selecting sync this folder. Google also gives you the option of a sync folder which is added to your desktop file system once you install the client. This folder automatically uploads or downloads files to or from the cloud respectively to ensure that the local folder and the remote folder are the same. Once your files are on google drive, they are accessible from any device that you have connected to the the Google Drive. You also have the option to turn off sync if you want to use Google Drive as a backup storage space and not necessarily mirror the files from your local storage.

Cons

The download and upload speeds speeds are a bit slow when you deal with larger files. I wish it could use a "torrent like " technique to increase speed of downloads by using multiple connections. Therefore the speed with which you can access you documents and files depends largely on your internet connection.

Best Cloud storage

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Google Drive serving me very much especially to fulfill my documentation tasks. Easy to manage with the cloud because I can access my documentation from any computers/ any time (e.g: for presentation, showing reports to head/clients, financial documentation, etc).
For each team I have a shared folders to view their documentations and I am having the edit privilege to make the changes.
Editing logs are available to trace back the changes made to the documents.

Pros

Most of our smart phones (Android) is having Google accounts to operates and Google Drive is the advanced cloud storage media contains with free 15GB of storage for all the Google accounts to store the files freely. As general, cloud is the new technology we are using to access our resources remotely from anywhere, anyplace, and anytime.
Google Drive providing with the user friendly environment where the user can feel the he/she is working with their file system (e.g: can create a folder, create a word/excel/power point, cut/copy/past the files and folder, file/folder sharing with advance option such as view/edit, etc.)
It is accessible if we have signed our Google Email and we can share the documents through the email or as by links. It is acting as a portable, accessible and not tangible storage device for all of us.

Cons

It perfectly alright to the well known users and it may be difficult to the new users (users are low in technical knowledge). When we are sharing a confidential file it is restricting the others access by providing their emails but it will be more secure if those files share with passwords.
We can backup our own folders in our PC. So, as attackers perspective any attackers can misuse this feature to copy some file from someones PC without any storage devices. It will be good if it have encryption mechanism to store the confidential files and to share with others.

Jason P.

Is Drive Perfect? No—But It's Close.

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

As someone who moves from various devices on a regular basis, Google Drive is a godsend. The program lets you create documents, spreadsheets, slides, and storage area across multiple platforms—all you need to do is be able to log in and access it from a browser or app.

I use this regularly for my day job as well as various writing side projects I have. Being able to type ideas at home, access it same document from my phone at lunch, and then look at it again from my work laptop is incredible. This isn't new technology, of course, but the way Drive does it feels seamless. Download to independent devices is also incredibly easy. As it uploading files (I've used Drive as a dumping ground for many a photo archive over the years).

It's not perfect, though—trying to work with more elegant formatting for an uploaded .doc file (for instance) will almost always result in a pretty terrible looking document. And while it doesn't happen often, Drive is sometimes down for maintenance...which of course happens when you *really* need it.

But, it's great. I'm not a huge Google nut, but I always recommend Drive to folks. It's saved my bacon more than once.

Pros

-The ability to store and easily access documents, spreadsheets, images, and so on from any device is fantastic.
-Intuitive, easy-to-use user interface.
-A fair bit of customization as far as organizing goes.
-Working collaboratively is easy.
-It's free!*

*(To a certain point—you can upgrade to more storage for a small monthly fee.)

Cons

-If (and when) Drive is down, you can't access your files unless you downloaded them.
-Exporting and importing .doc files sometimes results in a huge formatting mess.
-Not as many general options for the various documents and spreadsheets as I would like.
-Sharing documents with people (and the resulting phantom emails Google sends to people) kind of drives me crazy.

Ricardo andrés P.

GOOGLE DRIVE MORE AND BETTER STORAGE IN THE CLOUD

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

In addition to the usual files that can be shared on Google Drive, there are some special documents "THE GOOGLE DOCS" which is another point for me that clearly highlights Google Drive.

These are similar to Microsoft Office's "GOOGLE TEXT DOCUMENT WOULD BE WORD EQUIVALENT" and "GOOGLE'S CALCULATION SHEET WOULD BE THE EXCEL EQUIVALENT" with the difference that there may be several people working on it at the same time being a great help for work at distances in groups or teams.

All this plus the synchronization of folders and files from the computer or mobile device which allows to edit the files since, Google Drive will analyze the changes and apply them to your files in the cloud, this happens with all the actions "delete, edit, add "and with all types of files from any synchronized device, sharing documents now becomes easier when they ask for topics or shared analysis in some kind of format

Pros

WHY CHOOSE GOOGLE DRIVE?

Simply because it offers more storage space in the cloud in its free plan of 15 GB in total compared to other hosting services, however, this space is actually the general of the entire Google account, since it also counts the space that contain your Google+ photos and your Gmail emails.

But despite this apparent limitation the space offered by Google Drive continues to be much higher compared to other storage services, therefore, store all your files on the Internet and have them always available in your account is what Google Drive offers you , always having the possibility of obtaining more storage capacity.

Cons

I must say that after several years of using Google Drive, which has greatly facilitated my work and my personal activities as a blogger to be able to store all my PDF, WORD, IMAGES, ETC. I find very few disadvantages in Google Drive, such as:

. - Google Drive Does not offer statistics for downloaded or viewed documents

. - If the documents have several editors or collaborators could be eliminated by one of them.

. - Although Google offers to be able to index advertisements in several of its products in the case of Google Drive, this is not the case, which would allow the downloads to be monetized while visualizing the study documents made by oneself, an option that would avoid cumbersome shorteners being used for downloads.

Despite these apparent disadvantages of Google Drive are really only small details that can be improved in an era in which massive communication and monetization of the pages are the order of the day.

Russell P.

Drive is great for the SPED teacher

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Classroom-based teacher

Pros

Google Drive is an integral tool for a Special Education teacher. If you haven't made the jump , then you should personally start exploring all that it has to offer. Here's why I like it:

First off, let's consider why it's the cloud-based advantages of Drive. Items are stored in the cloud and can be accessed anytime, anywhere, with any any device. I can look at my laptop, tablet, phone, etc. and still access the files I need in a moment's notice. Beyond that, when you work with Drive, it's always being saved automatically in the cloud. Plus, I never have to worry about my computer dying, a program shutting down unexpectedly, or losing a thumb drive. It's always backed up in the cloud for me.

Now for a SPED teacher perspective, because of the reasons I mentioned earlier, I can do a voice recording for an oral exam, store it to drive, and share it with students. They would then have access to listen to the oral exam any time! I don't have to re-read the same exam 4 times in a day and then again if a student missed. It's just saved on Drive and students can listen at their own pace and when they need it. If you work with Drive, you also have access to the G Suite platform of tools (Docs, Slides, Forms, etc.). Because of this, you don't have to worry about students losing/misplacing items - it can all be stored, shared, and turned in on Drive.

I'll keep this post limited to Drive, but I also recommend checking out the other Google tools (Docs, Classroom, etc.).

Cons

No real cons, honestly. There's a steep learning curve at first, but most of us are starting to become familiar with the idea of things being stored in the "cloud," so that's not really a reason for concern. Google may not always personally offer the greatest support (it's good - not great), but there are also tons of great videos on YouTube to learn how to work with Drive. Another concern is that since it's Google they are always tinkering with things and updating features. Some may not like this because things change over the course of a year, but I don't think it's really a con. They're just trying to improve their platform!

Oska Z.

This software changed the game

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

It's amazing, I love these Google products and the fact they are so good has really made me change my mind about Google as a company as a whole. I understand they get access to reams of user data, the likes of which has never been seen before when giving this app out for so cheap, but it really feels like an act of philanthropy. I don't think group collaboration or business will ever be the same again. This software opens the world up to everybody everywhere, no longer having to crack a version of Microsoft in order to start a company or send your dissatation to your teacher.

Pros

It's changed the whole way people do personal computing. The price is so affordable, the ease of use is out of this world and the ability to now collaborate with others will never be the same again.
Firstly the way I can edit documents in real time with other people is extraordinary, this has saved me so much pain and frustration having to export document formats so people on different operating systems can tediously format them to see what I'm doing and send them back.
Secondly, I can't imagine the amount of genius in this world has been lost to a crashing computer, weeks of work disappearing due to an old machine or crashing software. I know students will never be able to use this excuse again and for them that's sad, but my work constantly being saved to the cloud so I never lose it is unbelievable.
Next the revision software you can do on Google drive documents. The fact I can go back into my revision history and see who did what when and jump back. I wouldn't have even imagined this was possible.
Lastly, the awesome document link sharing feature, sharing a link so easily to get others accsess is awesome.

Cons

The sharing feature drives me mad, every time I move a file around my drives it asks me if I'm sure I want to share the file with people in the new file. This is so annoying. I know exactly who and why I am sharing my files with, this safety feature is so tedious. Also the fact I have to change the sharing options every time I share the file with somebody, you've sent a document to somebody happy that the next day they are going to make the edits and you get an email back in the AM saying "sorry I couldn't do the work, I didn't have the correct accsess", I'd rather learn the lesson the hard way (somebody getting the file that I didn't want them to) than having to update the sharing settings everytime I give somebody a link.

Google Drive's Got It All, and a Lot of Free Space to Share

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Whether in a business setting, my personal life, or my university studies, Drive is integral to my success and I wouldn't want to go without it.

Pros

Google Drive is such a generous Cloud based storage platform. My university had a partnership with Google Drive granting us unlimited storage, but even when that has been taken away, I've never felt pressed for space. It's so much more than storage though, as the integration between all of the other Google Suite platforms and email is seamless and simple. Organization is quick and easy, and you can create folders and view edits/make shares with little effort. I share pictures with other members of my family, and it's easy to upload photos directly into a Drive folder and then share with whomever. The uploads are quick, and the massive amount of available storage means that I don't have to pick and choose. Preservation is also something I'm trying to get better at, and having my documents on the Drive, even if they're duplicates of what I have on my computer, makes me feel better prepared in the event of a dreaded computer crash. I also like that it is part of my computer files window, making it easy to drag and drop files straight to the Drive without having to manually upload them on the site. Bonus: The App is really user friendly and its easy to view the documents using the App if you're on the go.

Cons

The App makes it quite difficult to make actual edits to documents, but is great for simply viewing. I just wouldn't rely on the App to replace the desktop version (it seems like that is where the expectations of apps are going these days). The softwares within Google Drive, such as Google Sheets or Google Docs, do have better counterparts out there (aka their Microsoft equivalents). However, for the average user, and when you factor in the ease and accessibility provided by Drive in bringing them all together into one interface, it makes it worth it by far.

Opeyemi O.

google drive review

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Ease of usage; one of the best user interface ever is that of the google drive as just about anybody can get around the platform and efficiently get things done, it is the overhaul and redefinition of file sharing.
Storage size; google drive basically offers every google products user with a Gmail account a 15GB free cloud storage to save and share file with whomever they deem fit. This generosity by the parent company of this amazing platform is the reason why many are drawn to the service in the first place.
Accessibility; the files saved on google drive can be accessed by just anyone with the file’s link, in addition to that, the platform can be accessed cross platform i.e. on smartphones running the android operating system and apple’s iOS. Likewise on internet enabled personal computers running the windows operating system, different Linux flavors and macOS.
Feature rich, google drive does not only provide you with the luxury of sharing files and folders with people you care about, sharing has never been this easy with the preview feature of google drive as you get a thumbnail view of whatever file it is you want to send so that you can work better and faster. Editing on google drive gets better by the day as a group of people accessing the same file can both make edits without one person hindering the other. There is also aid for those who loves to edit on the go as the live check put in place by the platform helps to check for errors in documents.

Cons

Editing and conversion; when you edit a document on the google drive platform, saving the file exactly as you want it becomes a problem as you are only presented with a few file types to convert your edited file to. Still on file conversion, when you edit and convert a file, there is a limit to the size of your converted size, I don’t know why google decided to go with this decision but it’s a bad one.
Spell check automation; as against offline document editing softwares with spell checkers, the google drive spell checking does not immediately swing into action to save the day by preventing you from making spelling mistakes, you have to be your own hero by manually launching the service in google sheets.

Joshua davin H.

Best Collaborative Application Available For Small Business

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I have been personally using Google Drive and the incorporated Apps since they were released to the public. I have used them for both professional and personal storage of documents and pictures and used the office Apps to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, online forms, and even websites. Throughout its introduction and after, I have been able to completely stop using Microsoft Office, Open Office, or OS versions of office software. I used Google Drive and Apps throughout university and professional career. I have even taught others to use it and have taught using it. Excellent piece of kit to have in your pocket!

Pros

The best part of using Google Drive is the seamless collaboration that it provides for small business teams, production teams, or project management professionals. You are able to store and share files within a perfect organizational structure that is intuitive and easy to understand.

With the Google Apps within Google Drive, you are able to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more with LIVE multiple users. While creating and editing , you can chat with team members and see what they are creating, editing, or updating LIVE. It allows you to track edits and leave comments to be viewed at anytime by any member of a team. Anything created can be shared with others using Gmail or published to the internet to be shared publicly or privately.

Cons

At times, it is difficult for some users to get used to any updates that Google may push through in the use of Google Drive apps. I have also experienced some employees not willing to adapt to the new/simple environment of Google Drive and it's Apps (they are hooked on the massive amount of icons within Microsoft Office Suite)

Best platform for collaborative shared files!

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

If I were to sum it up in a few words, it would be easy, simple, free, collaborative and productiv. I highly recommend it!

Pros

I've been using Google Drive for a couple of years now and it never failed on me. Everything works as expected. The new interface is easier to work with than the previous one. The layout is cleaner and it's easier to find what you need. It's very well integrated with its other services such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Photos etc.

File sharing is great, made really simple. Just right-click on any file or folder and select the option to share that file. That's it. You can easily upload or create a new file by clicking the big white button "New" in the top left area of the screen.

The mobile app works very well and you can browse your files easily. The desktop app makes a real folder on your computer with all the files that you have on Google Drive, making file changes (copy, cut, paste, delete, rename, etc) just like you do on locally stored files.

I haven't had any technical issues so far, but when my colleagues had trouble, the support team was always helpful and very quick to fix any issues.

Cons

If you use google drive for work with your work account and also have google drive for your personal account, the desktop app is not currently supporting multiple users. You are forced to be signed in with just one of them and use the web browsing version for the other account(s). It's frustrating that it so easy to switch between users on the web, but you can't do that on your desktop. Other than this, nothing comes to mind.

Frank R.

Six more ways to use Drive.

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

It allows to present your ideas, photographs and works by means of a presentation made with Google Docs and stored in Drive. Show it in your Blog or web to the size that you prefer and with the aspect that you want.
Allow your users to store in the cloud, in their own Drive account, the files that you offer from your website or Blog. No need to store them on a hard drive or external USB support, you can access them from home, your smartphone or wherever you want by accessing your Drive account. It is necessary to learn to use the Save to Drive button on your website.

Pros

Google Drive is not just a cloud storage service offered by Google, it is also a set of tools that can enhance the functioning of web pages and Blogs.
Blogger and many other options for web publications do not have certain services related to file storage that allow you to extend beyond your own concept as a content editor for Blogs.
Google Drive can extend the capacity of applications such as Blogger or other means of web publishing to give them added value by offering "hosting" (hosting external files) or even functions that go beyond the storage of information through files, such as Use of forms. Let's briefly review some of the utilities offered by Google
Drive not only as a perfect complement to Blogger but also as a fantastic service for other web publishing media that can take advantage of its advantages.
1- Storage and management of forms with notifications by mail for your website or Blog.
2- Hosting a complete website.
3- Storage and hosting of resource files for your website or Blog.
4- Creating links to download files for your website or Blog.
5- Offer on your website or Blog presentations made with Google Docs.
6- Save to Drive for your website or Blog.
In short, Google Drive is a nice box of surprises that can offer utilities for your Blog or web that you might not have imagined and complement your daily work.

Cons

For me, it's easier to create locally, upload to the cloud and edit collaboratively. Each member of the team uploads their chapter to a master document or that corrections can be made to the document by several people at the same time.
Also in this case I prefer to use Microsoft's online tools. The fastest using the same tool both locally and online.
And also I do not have to change my document organization depending on whether a document is included in a folder that is synchronized with the cloud or not.

Nagish K.

Awesome New User Interface and Price Changes for Extra Space

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

I am using Google Drive for the last three years. I have never lost my data or got a problem that couldn't be solved by the Google team. The best thing about the Google service is its team which helps quickly and solve the issue if it comes. The new UI and Price changes made it more likable. I hope it will be improved further especially the prices. I recommend Google Drive to everyone who has storage problem or their data get lost or corrupted in local storage. I am happy to have a reliable service provider and I use it daily to store and sync my data.

Pros

Google has done a great job with the new user interface design of Google Drive. Now it looks easier to work with it because of its left side panel from where it is easy to add a new folder, file, doc, sheet, etc. The new font and Iconography looks really crisp from before. The new price changes made by Google Drive are also pretty likable such as the prices of Google One and others because the price range is now more affordable than before, which made me really happy to have more space even I pay less for it. I always love discounts so, this initiative made me really happy. Auto update of packages was great as I was using 100GB plan and automatically upgrade helped me to get more storage on that same price which made me more happy with the google drive storage service.

Cons

The competitor iCloud provides more space in less amount. It would be really appreciated if Google Drive provide it on same price or less, but as Google Drive's Free storage is still better then iCloud's storage and the User Interface beats it. So I will still prefer Google Drive over iCloud Storage. I will not compare Google Drive with Microsoft 365 Storage or Dropbox because they are charging more for fewer space and services. For me Google Drive is a winner and up in the competition because of its Prices and User Friendly Interface which no other service providers privides.

Mandeep J.

One of the best service for cloud storage and backup your important information.

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Overall I would say I am very happy to use this software. I have been using this software on Microsoft Windows and Android Mobile devices and never thought of using any other software for my cloud storage needs.

Pros

I have been using this software by Google since last 5-6 years, both on my mobile devices and on computer. One of the best feature of this software is its syncing capabilities across various platforms. I don't need to manually sync any information from my mobile device to my computer.
Google Drive does it automatically based on my account I logged in on all devices.
Further I can just access any information from my any devices anywhere using my login credentials and don't need to carry storage device to carry my information along with me. This makes me feel safer while accessing my sensitive information remotely.
Also, you can have various options from their paid plans to get the cloud storage. Which I think is best option to store your important information rather than saving that physically on storage devices.
I would say this is one of the best software for remotely storing your information and accessing that safely using login credentials. Best software provided by Google. I would definitely recommend this software to anyone who need to access information across various devices.

Cons

Not many cons I noticed but yes one of not so good feature I can say is that sometimes it becomes difficult to find what data has been shared publicly and what is set as private.
It should have some kind of definite identification of data shared as public and the private records.