1 444 reviews

Weebly

Website, blog & online store creation

4,3
Industry: Real Estate

Great For Those With Little Experience

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Overall, this would be my go-to platform to build a fast and easy website for any friends who need something great looking but manageable with little experience or learning curve.

Pros

The best thing about Weebly is the simplicity of building a very professional looking website with little or no site-building experience. If WordPress is out of reach for you but you need a solid professiona looking site for your small business, Weebly is the way to go. I built several websites for other companies in the past using this platform with the idea that they can then manage it themselves without any technical knowledge. This was the perfect platform for this and among other similar platforms definitely seemed to be the easiest to use.

Cons

There definitely is a ceiling of what you can do with this platform. From there you will want to move to something more advanced like WordPress. This isn't necessarily a knock on Weebly though, they never designed it to be a WordPress rival in general.

Alyssa H.
Industry: Entertainment

Do It Yourself Website

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall, I love Weebly. I have been using it to host my website for quite a few years now and it is so easy. I tweak it all the time and I've very rarely had any issues. And their customer service has always been very helpful. I highly recommend this program.

Pros

Weebly has been one of the easiest programs to use for creating and maintaining my personal actor website. I have multiple pages, photos, people can contact me directly through my site. It is all very clean and organized and there are so many options to choose from for presentation of your site.

It is easy to log on and do as small or large of an update as needed, and your new edits are published in minutes. There's no middle man to have to get anything approved, you can just come and go as you please.

I only use the basic free version of Weebly and it has almost all the features I need.

Cons

I feel like sometimes the program is a bit limiting when you choose a certain type of formatting. For example, on my cover page, I have the title, then a photo on the left and a box for my "welcome" on the right. I never seem to get the exact formatting or change the font/size to what I need in that box.

But honestly, if this is my biggest complaint, that is fine by me. There really isn't much else to complain about. Maybe if I upgraded to the paid version, that is more of an option/there's more flexibility. I don't know for sure though.

Rich D.
Industry: Graphic Design

There are better options out there.

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Support takes a VERY long time to reply to tickets and/or messages. Sometimes up to a week. Replies are usually canned messages or written as if the CSR doesn't really care about helping you or not.

Customization to our site theme from one of their on-site-listed 3rd party customizers made our checkout page un-usable after Weebly did some updates. I had to contact Weebly support twice (over more than a week's time) before they told me they couldn't help us due to our custom theme (which I don't think carries over into the check out pages). The customizer ended up fixing it for us.

The only reason we haven't gone to another e-commerce hosting company is we don't have the time to invest in setting up all of our products again in another platform. When we do have time, we'll be moving on to a better platform.

Pros

No much. It seemed to be what we needed after ditching a prior hosting company/shopping cart. The price was in-line or maybe a bit lower than some competitors.

Cons

After importing our item list we began to see how cumbersome using the back-end is. There's a huge learning curve. To this day, years after signing up, it's still difficult to navigate around. Lots of standard features are lacking, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to implement anything that their client base requests.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Kate B.
Industry: Individual & Family Services
Company size: Self Employed

Had a website up and running in 1 hour!

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

When starting my business, I was looking at different website creation tools. On Weebly's first page, I saw a template that I liked and, since I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole of choosing from thousands of templates, I went with Weebly. I also liked that you can port your website to another platform if you want to leave Weebly. But after 5 years, I'm still with Weebly. I'm not a tech genius, but I can make changes to the site myself and it doesn't take much time to figure out what I need to do to make the site look the way I want. Seriously, after signing on with Weebly, I had a basic site up and running in one hour!

Pros

I love that Weebly is easy to use and doesn't confuse me with a million different options.

Cons

Mailchimp doesn't integrate well with Weebly, so this can cause some issues. There are limitations with popups and forms, so that can be a bit of an issue, but I've made it work.

Sam H.
Industry: Consumer Services

good value

Reviewed on 2020/08/09

easy to ingrate additional webpages and a shopping center in additional to a booking page, making it easy for clients to have a one stop shop that has a seamless branding design.

Pros

i like how easy it is to create a basic website from nothing. for the free version there are tons of options to choose from and customize your website on, while making it easy to navigate for beginners.

Cons

how some basic features should be included in the free version, or allow for a downgraded version. i think website traffic analytics should be able to be seen with a free version to some degree, as well as a little bit more customization as for as website interface and design.

Alison T.

Great Website Designs!

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Very good. Good customer service. I would definitely recommend this product.

Pros

I was able to create a website for my business easily and quickly. My customers can navigate it easily too.

Cons

Some features are not available. Sometimes the website builder is difficult to navigate. I had to change my theme at one point as it was not working on mobile devices, only laptop screens.

Weebly review

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Weebly is a great website that can be use to communicate information quickly without having to spend a lot of money on fancy website programs.

Pros

Weebly is a cheap way to create a website. Our Teaching staff created a Weebly to post classroom information. We also used it to communicate with the community.

Cons

I thought it was a great program, but our school moved away from Weebly. I really didn't have any cons, but some teachers wanted a LMS that was much more powerful for schools.

Industry: Graphic Design

Easy Drag & Drop

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Weebly is a great choice if you want to build a website quickly and easily i.e. with drag & drop feature, you can choose free but with subdomains, or choose a plan for many more business needs features.

Pros

Free with subdomains, and easy to deploy

Cons

The template available impresses the ordinary

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Prabhav B.
Industry: Financial Services

A good tool to go online

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Pros

A amazing user friendly UI and good customer support system. It was awesome to explore the themes and design the website according to my taste. Overall an awesome product

Cons

There is no Cons which I found as of now.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Gladys C.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Easy Website builder

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Time and money for small business owners. Web development and hosting can be pricey , however with weebly you can create a site on your own and use the free version.

Pros

Zero Experience in web development skills required to create a website . The templates are user friendly and in a few hours a website is ready to be launched

Cons

I couldnt set up my blog which was a draw back and it crashed lot during editing templates

Andrew W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Who knew WEEBLY would keep us in business?

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Overall, WEEBLY has been a lifesaver for us. The customer support has been really helpful, and usually solved our issues immediately. Our business will probably include online ordering through WEEBLY even after things settle down. It has helped streamline a lot of larger orders and helped create a more sustainable version of what we do.

Pros

We have grown VERY familiar with WEEBLY since the COVID-19 pandemic began. We use Square POS for our coffee shop, and WEEBLY is directly integrated with the online side of Square. We were very early adopters of WEEBLY, and initially had to sort of hack many of the features to make it do what we wanted to. WEEBLY has made accepting online orders - which was previously a very daunting idea - very easy. WEEBLY integrated perfectly with our Square system, and allowed us to use our current item library from Square for an easy online ordering system. It prints to paper printers our iPad digital printers, and helped streamline online orders at a crucial time in our business, where most of our sales were going through WEEBLY.

Cons

Sometimes WEEBLY will freeze up and create a spinning circle during checkout. This has created some issues for customers trying to order from us but end up giving up after waiting 15 minutes for it to load. It has gotten better as more people have adopted it during the COVID-19 pandemic.

One more problem! If you decide to add items INSIDE Weebly instead of Square, it won't add any of the default taxes. We've sold items for weeks without charging tax and didn't notice until later. Just keep an eye out for that when creating items inside the Weebly back end.

Tyler B.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Weebly Review - An Easy Solution to Creating a Website

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

I would describe it as nothing short of successful. We have been able to build from scratch a professional website that has been great for providing information to our customers and guests. We have had no technological problems, though I did find myself contacting customer support on a couple of occasions. They were very responsive and helpful! Overall, I would describe it as a great success using Weebly.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is that it provides for the ability for more technologically-limited users, such as myself, to easily create a professional website. The ease of use is exemplary, as my favorite feature is the "drag and drop" ability to add in sections, pictures, and widgets. Additionally, there are extra plugins that are available but for basic use, it is very easy to quickly create a user-friendly website the has been easy for our customers to learn about our business.

Cons

As a double-edged sword, it should be noted that, for more advanced users, this might seem like a more basic alternative. The ease of use is great but for people who are looking for a more high-end, advanced website might want to consider other options. For the purposes of our business and its needs, this fits excellently.

Lena V.
Industry: Retail

Easy and professional website design

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

I love weebly, I’ve used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. I’ve used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pros

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Cons

I didn’t like that you couldn’t edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesn’t allow you to utilize the entire area.

Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

Weebly is an incredible option for building beautiful websites!

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

Very pleased! Weebly has allowed me to easily create beautiful sites for a competitive price. The tutorials and user friendliness are incredible!

Pros

I have built several websites with Weebly and other competitors. Here's what I like most about Weebly:
- It's incredibly easy to use! Weebly offers a drag and drop interface that anyone can get the hang of using.
- Reliable and error free - I've rarely experienced loading/saving errors. It's a reliable platform.
- Weebly comes loaded with a variety of editable templates to choose from.
- No advanced coding skills are needed, bit there is room for that if you have that skillset.
- Pricing is among the best - even the free version is great.
- There are great tutorials if you find yourself lost or needing help.
- I think it's great for using with students
It's a great introduction platform for students in website design. The blog design is a great option for students.

Cons

There's little to complain about with Weebly in my opinion, but know your purpose or intentions. If you want to build advanced sites with lots of content or sites that require passwords or money transfers, it may be beneficial to look at other platforms. You are somewhat limited with what you can do/create or the analytics you can track/collect.

Susanne N.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: Self Employed

Even a novus can make this web building platform look professionally done

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/12/14

My business needs are being met with my site through Weebly. I have my provider resources built so my doctors and clinicians can go click on my forms or links and get what they need immediately. I used to do this all by hand. Having it set up on the website is a huge time saver for me and keeps everything available at the time of business for my providers and they don't have to come back to a task to complete it later if I am not available. My distribution lists are growing readily from the pop-ups to join my newsletters etc. I absolutely love Weebly's business platform, website building tools, and fee schedules. Give it a try. One more great thing about Weebly if you are just starting up they have a free website building tool and if I remember correctly 13 years ago anyways they offered free hosting with their logo inserted on the bottom of the web pages. If it;'s not free I can guarantee they are low fees to get up and running. Good luck choosing the right supports for your business and personal website management.

Pros

I really like the transparency of Weebly. It is so easy to find what you need and the program is very intelligent in how it helps assign the correct choice of an App that you want to use within the website. When you collect information from the email links they actually arrive at the outside destinations for your distribution lists and for responding to your client's requests. If you can point and click and follow pictures along the way you have this one down already! I really like the customer service I have received from Weebly people. They have all been very friendly, efficient and provided me with working solutions in responding only after 1 request submitted. They are educated on their product and this saves me time. I appreciate correct information and easy to apply solutions as I am a sole proprietor managing all of my own systems. I always get this from Weebly staff. I won't use anything else.
The fees they charge are very competitive and they network so well with so many outside companies that managing your business requires. I say a big thumbs up for Weebly's technical gusto and friendly customer service.

Cons

You know I really have no complaints about Weebly. I am a somewhat savvy website builder and manager who does not perform coding so there may be more complex tasks that I am not aware that I would want. I can say my business has not suffered any loss from unknown or unused resources by building and hosting my website through Weebly.

Suzie P.

Weebly Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Overall, I really like weebly. I feel like it's been too long though since they've added new templates, and I really wish they would do this very soon. I really like that I know their system well. I also like that they added the new 'apps' features. It gives the websites a ton of more capability, and makes my website more interactive for people visiting as well due to the new apps and tools I'm able to use through Weebly. Another thing I really like about Weebly is how I'm able to publish my work onto a sub-domain until I'm ready to purchase and go for hard launch to the public, this is great, because then I have a proper way to be able to preview my work and see exactly what my website visitors will see.

Pros

The thing I like most about Weebly is it's ease of access, and how plainly user friendly it's laid out. It makes it extremely easy to use, which helps me focus on the content I'm implementing into my website, and keeps me on task to get things finished in a quick and efficient manner.

Cons

I don't like how Weebly CONSTANTLY charges me for things I don't authorize. No matter how many times I tell them to STOP the recurring charge options, and as many times as they confirm that they have taken care of it, I never have a safe feeling that they will stop it, which makes me nervous. I've had to call weebly numerous times, because out of nowhere, I'll have a charge from Weebly for some unknown thing that I never asked for, and never consented to having my card charged for, and it's getting very frustrating to have to call them to correct the issue every single time it happens, all for it to just keep happening again at MY expense.

Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

Great options for a self-published author

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pros

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Cons

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Sarah-jean S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Company size: Self Employed

Better than other website builders

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pros

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Cons

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

Industry: Internet

Good website builder for small platforms

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.
The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal
My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base.
Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

Katie H.
Company size: Self Employed

Good eCommerce for small business

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

Pros

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

Cons

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Pedro P.
Industry: Design

Develop your website, without coding in a few minutes.

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Weebly is a great tool when creating websites, it has helped me to speed up the creation of small and medium projects, which is where it is most useful, however when creating projects or ecommerce with a massive amount of objects, It is not the best tool since it lacks some features to be able to handle this amount more efficiently. In spite of this, it is excellent, for personal use, medium-sized companies, or start up, that need a professional web page and at a low cost.

Pros

What I like most about Weebly is how easy it is to create web pages, since it allows selecting from an acceptable variety of templates that have a great design, and are totally responsive, also allow the use of applications that integrate different functionalities to the website in a fast way, it is excellent for projects that have a large amount of information, since it has several tools that facilitate SEO, in addition it also integrates well with google analytics, with its content manager making CRUD is really easy and fast, so publishing content is an easy task, plus everything can be done without having to write code.

Cons

Although it is easy to edit web pages, you only need to drag and drop, to modify some additional functions or to edit the website more thoroughly, you need to know html and css, which maybe for users who do not know it complicates the task of personalizing their web page, does not allow to restore the website to previous versions manually, so you must contact the helpdesk, however, they are very attentive and respond quickly.

Amanda josalene W.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

Reviewed on 2019/09/22

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly’s monthly plan.

Pros

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn’t break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Kathleen C.
Industry: Higher Education

Consistently professional looking websites

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

I manage the content on a drupal site for my college. I occasionally need a micro-site for an event or a specific campaign, or I'll need a short term blog. I turn to weebly because it's fast and easy for me to build and align with our main website. I've developed a few sites that are now moderated and updated by faculty--non-techy folks who are not intimidated by the interface. So Weebly becomes a time-saver for me!

Pros

Ease of use! The drag and drop interface makes creating webpages flow easily from a sketch to online reality. I use the blogging features the most. By limiting some of the layout possibilities, Weebly ensures your site will look professional. With the ability to add html segments, I find I can easily mount a rather complex site in a relatively short amount of time.

Cons

Although I see it as a plus now, I was a bit frustrated by the limitations on exact spacing and layout. Sometimes I wish I could move an element just a few pixels! Generally this is minor. And it certainly helps for people who are uncertain about design choices.

Emily S.

Needed for Ecom Features

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

The customer support is very nice and everything is easy to use. I have used Weebly on and off for many years and was always generally happy with it.

Pros

If it wasn't for the lack of ecom features that I need to run my business, I would still be using this service. It is easy to use and make an attractive website. I love how easy it is to edit every last detail without a lot of web design knowledge.

Cons

The ecom features are very limited and I couldn't use the gift certificate features the way my business needed.

Christopher w. R.
Industry: Entertainment

Easy and Powerful

Reviewed on 2020/11/21

I have a snazzy looking front for my comedy troupe, and a hidden page to send to potential clients with a demo reel. It’s easy to maintain and update, and I can even run merchandise through it. What more can you ask for?

Pros

I loved how easy it was to build and flesh out a fully-featured website in a few minutes. Because there are multiple templates to start from, each of which can be further customized, and their WYSIWYG engine is so simple, adding or tweaking pages to cover more of our content is super easy too.

Their customer service hotline is top-notch, if you’re a paid customer. And the prices aren’t too bad.

Cons

If a design template is no longer supported or licensed by Weebly, websites that use it get to keep it.

However, Weebly stops being able to work with said template past a certain point so certain edits become frustrating or overly complicated. It’s easy to switch templates and rebuild, which is what I ended up doing, but it was still needed.