1 542 reviews

Weebly

Website, blog & online store creation

1 542 reviews
Julie W.

"Starter" websites: Easy to DIY, lacking in customization

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Weebly makes it unbelievably easy to create simple websites with virtually no technical skill or experience. If you're a solo entrepreneur, on a modest budget, and don't care about ranking well in search results, this is a solid choice. Think of a Weebly website as a "starter" website.

If you are part of a bigger company or have more specific needs in a website, skip Weebly and consider hiring an experienced developer. You'll be glad you did.

Pros

Weebly is the easiest website building platform I've ever used. The drag-and-drop style of editing is highly visual, so you can literally see what you are creating in real time. It puts building your own website in reach for many people, saving thousands of dollars in design and development fees. You also don't have to worry about setting up third-party web hosting because Weebly keeps things under one roof.

Cons

All the ease of use comes at a cost, and that is the ability to customize. Compared to other platforms, Weebly is very limited in what it can do. Basic eCommerce is an option, which is a plus. But if you are used to an endless array of plugins, say, then you will be disappointed at the limited features offered in Weebly. If you just need a simple website and don't have your heart set on very unique layouts or effects, this is not a problem.

I also have to point out the SEO factor. Weebly offers the ability to optimize some parts of the website - and you should optimize as much as you can. However, coming from a developer who even halfway knows what they're doing, a Weebly site is going to have a hard time competing with a well-optimized website on a certain other very popular web platform.

Definitely not the least expensive hosting provider out there, either.

Nibaruta I.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

recommended website builder for non tech

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

My experience was good as someone who helped clients set up their websites. but sometimes the client can ask for work that is not doable in weebler.

Pros

Its one of the best website builder all in one with domain name hosting specially for those with short time or don't require much custom work in their website. but from a simple website to e-commerce websites they are worth trying. Drag and drop :)

Cons

I wish they could allow deep custom work into the template codes as sometimes it requires extra than just a ready-made template.

James R.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Very easy to use!

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Very positive overall experience. I’ve never had to reach out to support though so I’m not sure what that experience is like.

Pros

I started using this tool when I got a client who wanted me to manage their website along with their paid ads I was building and managing.

At first o was hesitant to learn a new platform and was worried I’d need to have extensive coding experience, but once I saw how user-friendly and intuitive it was to manage their site, I was thrilled!

Cons

It’s obviously not a fully custom website platform, but for being WYSIWYG and drag and drop, it really does the job well.

Tyler B.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Weebly Review - An Easy Solution to Creating a Website

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

I would describe it as nothing short of successful. We have been able to build from scratch a professional website that has been great for providing information to our customers and guests. We have had no technological problems, though I did find myself contacting customer support on a couple of occasions. They were very responsive and helpful! Overall, I would describe it as a great success using Weebly.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is that it provides for the ability for more technologically-limited users, such as myself, to easily create a professional website. The ease of use is exemplary, as my favorite feature is the "drag and drop" ability to add in sections, pictures, and widgets. Additionally, there are extra plugins that are available but for basic use, it is very easy to quickly create a user-friendly website the has been easy for our customers to learn about our business.

Cons

As a double-edged sword, it should be noted that, for more advanced users, this might seem like a more basic alternative. The ease of use is great but for people who are looking for a more high-end, advanced website might want to consider other options. For the purposes of our business and its needs, this fits excellently.

Susanne N.

Even a novus can make this web building platform look professionally done

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

My business needs are being met with my site through Weebly. I have my provider resources built so my doctors and clinicians can go click on my forms or links and get what they need immediately. I used to do this all by hand. Having it set up on the website is a huge time saver for me and keeps everything available at the time of business for my providers and they don't have to come back to a task to complete it later if I am not available. My distribution lists are growing readily from the pop-ups to join my newsletters etc. I absolutely love Weebly's business platform, website building tools, and fee schedules. Give it a try. One more great thing about Weebly if you are just starting up they have a free website building tool and if I remember correctly 13 years ago anyways they offered free hosting with their logo inserted on the bottom of the web pages. If it;'s not free I can guarantee they are low fees to get up and running. Good luck choosing the right supports for your business and personal website management.

Pros

I really like the transparency of Weebly. It is so easy to find what you need and the program is very intelligent in how it helps assign the correct choice of an App that you want to use within the website. When you collect information from the email links they actually arrive at the outside destinations for your distribution lists and for responding to your client's requests. If you can point and click and follow pictures along the way you have this one down already! I really like the customer service I have received from Weebly people. They have all been very friendly, efficient and provided me with working solutions in responding only after 1 request submitted. They are educated on their product and this saves me time. I appreciate correct information and easy to apply solutions as I am a sole proprietor managing all of my own systems. I always get this from Weebly staff. I won't use anything else.
The fees they charge are very competitive and they network so well with so many outside companies that managing your business requires. I say a big thumbs up for Weebly's technical gusto and friendly customer service.

Cons

You know I really have no complaints about Weebly. I am a somewhat savvy website builder and manager who does not perform coding so there may be more complex tasks that I am not aware that I would want. I can say my business has not suffered any loss from unknown or unused resources by building and hosting my website through Weebly.

Sarah-jean S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Better than other website builders

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pros

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Cons

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

Good website builder for small platforms

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.
The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal
My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base.
Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

Amanda josalene W.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

Reviewed on 2019/09/22

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly’s monthly plan.

Pros

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn’t break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Peter P.

The platform that designs us wonders like

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

It is very nice to have a platform that can provide all its technological capabilities, to create a web page or blogs in a simple, elegant and fast, that even anyone who uses it for the first time feels like a true creator of wonders. In our office we usually work with this system very often, especially when we urgently need a web page, on the other hand in our home my family has been greatly benefited in their daily and educational activities.

Pros

Weebly allows the particularity of allowing to change templates, this feature is very important since sometimes we have had doubts or we have decided to make certain modifications in our web pages, and we have even been able to make the changes after being published. Another important aspect is that all its templates are adapted to our mobile devices, which means being of great help, since we have access to all the content and we can view and modify the page at any time. It has the property of incorporating our pages elements such as photos, videos, etc, in an easy and fun way, with its peculiar style of drag and drop. This platform offers us a very good technical support, in the occasions that have attended us we have been very lucky with the help that they have given us.

Cons

Weebly presents the detail that when you delete a page, it is necessary to wait for the Weebly support team to restore the website for us.

Anne Z.

Weebly helps me with Websites and Blog Sites in a HURRY. I LOVE this product & have made many...

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

This is my go to website builder for ease of use and how great the pages look. Complete flexibility when you want to make something custom. Love the links, social media tools and will be trying out some Adsense and other money making SEO stuff! Thanks Weebly!

Pros

I like the ease of use and flexibility of the templates to make the sites my own. I have made many FREE sites and upgraded them as needed. I have made blog sites with my own custom web URL and love working and updating when I get the chance. I have done an eCommerce site as well and it's easy to set up too. Links are very easy to add as well as FREE photos and others that you can pay a small price for. It's got everything under the hood for sure! I used to use the Apple product to make my sites, but Weebly took over for me since that time! Love the new promotion page stuff too! Lots of room for growth and updating! Thanks Weebly!

Cons

When I get a bill and an email telling me about renewal, I wish I knew which page it was for since I have many sites that I operate and maintain. Hope that is in the works.

Aaron M.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great for simple websites

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

I gave up on weebly a few years ago, before ultimately coming back to them for most of my web design needs. In recent years they have taken great strides to making their sites function as good as their competitors and making their sites look as good as their competitors.

Pros

It is easy to learn and use and easy to teach my clients how to maintain their own sites
Has a good variety of templates to choose from
They are starting to catch up with other companies by offering plugins and apps.

Cons

Customer service is pretty hard to get in touch with as you pretty well are left to emailing problems and very rarely get real solutions.
Not easy to allow your clients to have their websites transferred over to their own account once they are on the designer platform.

Nancy G.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Building Websites for Beginners

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Using Weebly allowed me to start my blogging experience on a $0 budget. It was starting out as a hobby, so I didn't want to sink any unnecessary money into it.

Pros

This software was by far the easiest to use. I checked out several different website building tools before choosing to use weebly. Its perfect for first time users, as the steps to building and publishing multiple kinds of sites are laid out for you. Adding in pictures, sections, articles, and social media links aren't an issue at all.

Cons

The only issue I had was linking a domain I bought through another site to the site I was using on Weebly. It took several articles and YouTube videos to figure it out.

Emily K.

Create Professional Websites, No Programming Experience Necessary!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

We used to have a guy who administered our website and we always had to email him with changes and he charged us for every change. We switched to Weebly and there has been no looking back! We can now control everything and make changes at will without having to pay someone else. Our website looks better now than it ever did before.

Pros

You can create beautiful, complex websites with no computer programming experience. Basic computer skills are all you need. The software is pretty intuitive as well.

Cons

Sometimes you have to wait a little to get a call back from customer support during peak times, but they do a great job of helping you.

Nicole G.

Good for the web designer at heart

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

I would recommend Weebly. The price is good and the product is good.

Pros

Templates are great
Looks great when you're done :)
Good ahead try it! You won't regret it

Cons

I'm not a web designer, so it took some work LOL. But I'm okay with that. I watch some youtube video to complete what I need.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Amazing entry-level estore and educational site tool!

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

I discovered Weebly as a result of a colleague's subdomained site (yourname.weebly.com) and have used it myself for quick demo projects. Although I am a dedicated user of WordPress for my own managed sites, Weebly is the web builder I recommend most.

Pros

Better than WordPress! Weebly is my go-to recommendation to colleagues and friends who need to get a website up fast and have little to no experience in content creation and website design. Their WYSIWYG editor is legendarily easy to use, their templates are attractive and responsive, and their pricing for website tools and ecommerce plugins is straightforward and reasonable. In the education space, where I volunteer, many teachers have used this tool to introduce middle school and high school students to web design, and to manage clubs and portfolios. Friends and colleagues who use Square have also used it to get their web presence started. You can literally put together a full-featured, multi-page website in just a couple of hours, and it will look beautiful on desktop or mobile.

Cons

No complaints. I am personally a longtime WordPress user. However, when friends and colleagues ask me what tool they should use to build their own websites, I send them to Weebly and have done so for years.

Xavier S.
  • Industry: Music

An almost top dog website builder

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I would say that my overall experience with Weebly has been satisfactory but a little underwhelming. When I compare with other website builders like: Squarspace, etc. They seem to look more modern and more stylish. I do not know if I am staying with them or moving on in the near future.

Pros

I was able to create my website the way I wanted it. I had been fighting to create a website until I finally did it and decided to go with Weebly because my wife has her website with them and it looked pretty cool. I chose a template and replaced everything with my pics and videos and voila I had my website.

Cons

I feel like the website can be clunky and sometimes non responsive. Sometimes while dragging and dropping the different options for photos and videos the preview would not be an accurate depiction of what it actually looked like in the website. It would freeze sometimes and you would need to get out and come back in and pray that the changes you made were saved, sometimes it was and sometimes it was not.

Mauricio R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Easy Webpage Creation

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Great experience with affordable choices and integration of webpage tools.

Pros

The features that are included are easy to use and implement. It offers flexibility to modify themes.

Cons

It needs to get more tools to implement SEO software to improve marketing efficiency and manage performance.

Elliot M.

Best website designer out there

Reviewed on 2021/02/07

Weebly offers far more functionality and ease of use than any other web platform I’ve found.

Pros

Weebly allows high-end design without the hassle of knowing HTML code. I love that I can completely customize the templates and easily copy and paste something to another page if I want to keep formatting. Editing spacing and what items look like are easier than ever, as well as the mobile and desktop versions easily adapting makes Weebly win.

Cons

I don’t necessarily enjoy the pricing. I wish it was friendlier to a smaller budget, but I can understand why the price is higher.

Elizabeth E.

Weebly- a phenomenal site for my business needs!

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

I am very pleased with my Weebly experience. Using this software has helped drive business/clients to me and has made it easy for me to maintain/update it regularly when I have new classes, new services, or new updates to post.

Pros

I am grateful to use a program that does not require that I be an expert at coding or web design to have a clean, beautiful-looking site. I have had lots of compliments on my website since using Weebly.

Cons

I have sometimes failed to save my work after making updates and then lost some precious time I gave to updating my site.

James P.

Amazing website builder - I keep building websites with them

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

I built my website with Weebly.

Pros

Weebly is the best website builder I've ever used. It's easy, intuitive, and the customer support is very responsive. You can reach them by chat and by phone, so if you have any problems they are accessible. They also have a ton of how-to guides to help you accomplish whatever you'd like.

Cons

I have one little complaint about Weebly's website builder - they do not offer a strike-through feature. Let's say that you have a sales page or an online store and you want to demonstrate that a price was previously higher. Most of the time you do this by striking out the high price and presenting the lower price. This feature isn't available on Weebly. So if I had to change one thing about Weebly, it would be to add that feature.

Hanah S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great Easy Site

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

This is a great site! If someone is looking for a site that has many premium options and free options this is it. This site has loads of options you can add to your site. I love how I can make my site how I want to make it! I was looking for a site to add my t-shirts for my future business idea and this is a simple process. This is on my top list and I am glad I find it. This will help people who are looking to put products on the page they are working on. Simple and very unique! I had an issue at the beginning looking for a site that was easy to step up and not confusing when I try to put the products I want on there. I wanted something simple and this is helping me.

Pros

I love how the process is so smooth. I was looking a while back for a site that could help me easily create a website for the past writing work I have done. I have tried a few other sites in the past, but this site has so many great options. I love how I am able to maneuver through the site very smoothly and pick the way I want my site to be set up. I like to be in charge of my creative process for my business. I like to be in control and still see the options they have on the website that can help me with my creative flow. I also like how I was able to set up video links to my pages and it wasn’t confusing. I also like that there is an option to space out your images and text on the website editing area. There is also a newsletter form where other journalists or writers can contact me. I love the product button and the the social media icon button, so I can keep people in the loop with my writing. They can easily click and share my website. I don’t like it how some sites don’t have this option or only a few social media buttons. Love!

Cons

I dislike that there are only a few free themes. Like I always say themes are so creative and can help you with the creative process. I love themes and would love to see more with different images on it. I know I can change the images on the website, but this would help so much. I also dislike that some of the images I search for aren’t really related to the topic I am working on. I would love more images that dealt with writing or something similar.

Farhan B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Powerful and Professional free Website Builder

Reviewed on 2020/06/14

I have create a number of website using the Weebly. I really like the incredible and awesome templates of Weebly. I have also used Weebly for the shops of my clients. Adding products with prices and different descriptions is really easy through Weebly. So I really like Weebly.

Pros

If you want to build a professional and beautiful website using a free website builder then Weebly is really a great choice for web developers. You can easily get access to customizable website designs. These designs you can edit using different tools according to your content.

Cons

For e-commerce shop developers there should be more advanced features and there should be some extra store for the beginners. All other features of Weebly are really very nice.

Alison L.

Good looking websites that are easy to create at a reasonable cost

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

The ability to create good-looking, functional websites at a reasonable price.

Pros

I currently manage five different websites on Weebly. Sites are easy to set up, look good, and are optimized for both desktop and mobile computing experiences. They have a range of options from free sites for those just starting out, to high-end sites for those conducting a lot of e-commerce -- and some in-between options for the rest of us. Paid sites allow for a range of e-commerce options. There are a lot of help and training materials available, as well as a community where you can ask questions of other users and administrators. I also like being able to do business with a US-based company.

Cons

I sometimes feel too restricted by the WYSIWYG features -- which make building a website easy for beginners, but can hamper those of us who want more flexibility. I'm getting better at using the more advanced coding features, however. Different templates in the system behave differently, so that some features (like an "anchor" workaround) may work on one site but not another.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Absolutely beautiful website creator with tons of customization.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

It's very easy to use, extremely affordable, and super intuitive. Everything is very clean and professional, and it even has an option to have your site hosted for free (with their logo and such on the page and in the URL, as is the standard for free sites).

Pros

Weebly starts you out with a template, which you're able to customize completely. You can move and change anything you'd like. The templates are beautiful and extremely professional looking, and customizing them is extremely easy and intuitive. If you can use a mouse and a keyboard, you can use Weebly. It's all point & click, drag & drop, and the rest is just typing or uploading media. The paid versions are simple and affordable, and everything is laid out for you to easily review to find the one that best suits your needs.

Cons

I wish I could search for templates or themes, rather than scrolling through the options. They do keep the options relatively limited, so it's not as though it's extremely time consuming, but it'd be nice to speed up the process by searching for something specific. I'd have also loved to see a form you can fill out to customize the template a bit, rather than having to customize the entire thing; something that asks for the name, a brief description, stuff like that, and then goes in and fills in that information for you. That's not a major criticism, as it's super easy to customize, just would've made the process a bit more user friendly, I think.

Julieta R.

Weebly is an excellent platform, quite warm and friendly to design your website.

Reviewed on 2018/07/01

Weebly is an essential software for those people who have an interest in building a website or online store in a simple way and with amazing results. If your interests rest on these ideas, I recommend that you use this software.

Pros

Weebly is one of the platforms to design stores and web pages easier to manage, it is very nice to have software like this, and the reasons are:

-The ability to copy and paste photos and videos in the Weebly interface is very interesting. No need to be a programmer

-This platform can be integrated with google adsense

-The hosting of a web domain which is free, allows you to easily nourish your online store or website.

-The customer service is quite competent.

-An important variety of themes to customize your website or web store

Cons

I do not have any type of complaint associated with this software. Using it has been a great solution for the work I do in graphic design. Weebly has been an excellent platform for my work.