Weebly

4,3 (1 787)
Website, blog & online store creation

(1 787)

Scott
Scott
  • Industry: Entertainment

One of the best user-friendly sitebuilders on the web

Reviewed on 2023/05/10

Weebly is by far the best website editor I've used since I started having interest in owning a website. The editor is very user friendly and its quite easy to set up multiple webpages; although the hyperlink has a .weebly.com tag in it, Weebly can be a great start if you're looking to build a website and don't know too much HTML and coding; highly recommend!There are a couple things that may need changing though. There's a lot of white space in the side margins of the website, and this may differ depending on the monitors used; despite how much content you may have on that webpage, everything on the website is centered to the middle of the page (it would be nice to edit the side margins to remove that white space.Another thing with enabling a custom domain, and enabling SSL security for it, is that the tutorial I feel is slightly outdated; ended up contacting GoDaddy support to find out how to set it up as the tutorial for it on Weebly didn't help much.It would also be nice to edit the mobile version of the website as the difference between the desktop version and mobile is crazy; its very squished and images for some reason appear enlarged compared to the desktop version. It doesn't look very appealing on mobile.My final note is that its quite expensive to enable all features of the website. It's not too bad to remove Weebly's ads and enable a custom domain with GoDaddy (or another similar provider), but again, make sure you're able to afford the upgrade

Pros

> Easy to use> Updates new changes quickly on the website> Multiple available apps to integrate, and easy to apply or remove from the editor> Customer support is reliable> No limitations to how much content you can have on the website> Settings easy to configure> Multiple options to set up custom domains> Multiple theme options to choose from (although more options/layouts could be better)> Ability to change defaults for fonts, font colour, style and size in theme options> Easy to "clean up" the website to look appealing

Cons

> Expensive to unlock all features for the site (including ecommerce, removing Weebly's ads, custom domain, etc.)> A lot of white space on the side margins of the editor, especially if the website is slightly zoomed out.> Setting up a custom domain using GoDaddy or another provider is a slightly tedious process to finish - with another owned website and domain, it took around 3-4 days to enable SSL security.> You're not able to edit the mobile version of the website

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Weebly may be the best website builder for churches and small businesses!

Reviewed on 2022/05/24

We are extremely pleased with Weebly. After using Wordpress for many years previously and dealing with the broken code (quite often) it is definitely a blessing to be able to not have to worry about our site having a meltdown with a forced update.

Pros

It's a very intuitive product. But the ease of setup and the fact that you don't have to manage the site from a server standpoint is great. We love how easy it is to work with and how professional and elegant a website it has been for us. We like to keep our website up-to-date and current (sometimes by season) and Weebly allows us to do that without a huge outlay of cost.

Cons

There is really no way to recover deleted content. You can recover a page if it has been deleted but if text or images have been deleted you can not undo that. It hasn't been a huge issue for us at our church but for some other churches that we've assisted in building for them they have had issues with an editor "accidentally" deleting all of the content from a page and not being able to recover it.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Our Wordpress site was built by an agency and was very expensive to make even minor aesthetic improvements. Weebly gives us the ultimate flexibility to make the changes that our leadership requires and at an extremely reasonable rate.

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Previous experience with Squarespace. It was not as intuitive as we would like and Weebly just worked so well.
Kevin
Kevin

A decent hosting service

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Weebly is another hosting service which recognizes the need for users to be able to tailor their own content without the next for expensive web tools or web designers. It simplifies web creature through the use of web site creation too and plugins which add the necessary functionality for the site. I have a few clients that use Weebly hosting. The site works and the tool is ok but can be a fickle beast when its ready. Some recent outages have made me question their reliability as they are happening more frequently.

Pros

The web creation tool is simple to use and you can build some really good looking launchpad sites. Once you get accustomed to the interface then its quick and easy to use. I like the ability to drag and drop in features which allow me try stuff out rather than having to always refresh to see the changes that had been made. Little to no knowledge of web design or programming is need and their ecommerce plugins are top notch. Sites can be finished in no time. The web hosting is price to well compared to other similar services. There is a free option if you want to try out their hosting service.

Cons

There are quite a few features that you're not going to get with the free hosting. The web site creator might require you to seek some assistance for more advance features or settings. Some WordPress additions will require some amount of technical knowhow. In fact, there are many services will still require experience in web design to be able to properly streamline to match your needs. For professionals the tool may be very limiting in what it offers and the source code can be very messy to deal with. Also I feel that there are not enough free themes available given that your are already paying premium for their hosting service. Also their lowest paid tier has ads and I find it ridiculous to be paying for ads. Frankly you're better off just getting the Business package as everything else isn't worth the money but that make the service a bit more costly than the competition.

Squarespace, MyWebsite and GoDaddy Website Builder

Weebly is an incredible option for building beautiful websites!

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

Very pleased! Weebly has allowed me to easily create beautiful sites for a competitive price. The tutorials and user friendliness are incredible!

Pros

I have built several websites with Weebly and other competitors. Here's what I like most about Weebly:
- It's incredibly easy to use! Weebly offers a drag and drop interface that anyone can get the hang of using.
- Reliable and error free - I've rarely experienced loading/saving errors. It's a reliable platform.
- Weebly comes loaded with a variety of editable templates to choose from.
- No advanced coding skills are needed, bit there is room for that if you have that skillset.
- Pricing is among the best - even the free version is great.
- There are great tutorials if you find yourself lost or needing help.
- I think it's great for using with students
It's a great introduction platform for students in website design. The blog design is a great option for students.

Cons

There's little to complain about with Weebly in my opinion, but know your purpose or intentions. If you want to build advanced sites with lots of content or sites that require passwords or money transfers, it may be beneficial to look at other platforms. You are somewhat limited with what you can do/create or the analytics you can track/collect.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Primary reasons are the user friendliness and the pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Pricing was the primary reason. In hindsight, I also feel that it was easier and quicker to get the Weebly site up and live.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great options for a self-published author

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pros

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Cons

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

The cost:value ration just worked better for me on Weebly. I still use Wordpress for a different blog, but it's the free version. I just don't like Wordpress's paid plans very well.

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Again, the pricing:value ration seemed better for me on Weebly.
Mokwena Macdee

Not suitable for African markets

Reviewed on 2024/01/30

I left it for another product because it always drained my data. Not suitable / refuse to update website using phone. I know it's because of low speed internet in Africa.

Pros

It's easy to use, drag and drop on the computer. It has a free version which was invaluable for our social soccer team.

Cons

It is not very easy to update the website on the phone.

Lois
Lois

Good for beginners

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

Overall, Weebly has been instrumental in getting my business up and running, and it has served its purpose up until now. The experience has been mostly positive thus far, but the natural progression of needing a platform that runs more smoothly, is more reliable, and has more features, leads me to other platforms.

Pros

To put it plainly, Weebly is basically idiot-proof, which is a great feature when you are first learning how to build websites. Without spending much time at all learning how to use Weebly, and no prior experience, you can throw up a quick website that looks and functions OK.

Cons

Weebly is so glitchy. Sometimes when I drag and drop a widget, it ends up halfway down the page in the wrong position, like the mouse is not calibrated or something, and this can only be fixed by doing a hard refresh. It is also painfully slow. You can't add custom fonts. The formatting with spacing is very basic.

Wix and WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Weebly is more simple than WordPress and was recommended by a tutor.
Jared
Jared

Webmasters beware

Reviewed on 2022/06/02

I've built multiple websites for clients as well as my own and I've never been disappointed that the quality reaches the maximum for each goal the client wants to achieve.

Pros

The website offers dummy proof controls to build a website that helps a client launch and stay in budget for where they want to go with their business.

Cons

There's a lot of limitations in branding, and scalability with product integrations.

Elementor, Squarespace, GoDaddy Website Builder and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

The content management and design is within scale and reason less time consuming.
Traci
Traci

Weebly: Web design for beginners

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

My experience has been positive due to the ease of the product.

My experience has been positive due to the ease of the product.

Pros

Weebly simplifies the once always complex process of creating a website.

Cons

It would be appreciated if there were more templates available.

Constant Contact and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

The determining factors in choosing Weebly were price and the procedure used to create a website.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great for basic websites

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

It was easy and quick to make a personal website using Weebly. The look may not be as modern or sleek as Wix, however, if you want a more traditional website structure, Weebly works great.

Pros

It is easy to get websites with simple structures up quickly. It is easy for users to update and post content without a lot of technical knowledge or support.

Cons

It is not as easy to customize widgets in different places or different content types if they are in the website templates.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Weebly worked better for the longer content I wanted to include and to have content separated on different pages.
Lena

Easy and professional website design

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

I love weebly, I’ve used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. I’ve used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pros

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Cons

I didn’t like that you couldn’t edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesn’t allow you to utilize the entire area.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Magento was very old fashioned and hard to use. Integrations were a nightmare and trying to find the right reports to access my data took forever.

Adobe Commerce

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

I liked having the free plan to be able to test out most of the features with weebly and overall found it easier to use and the pricing plans were more competitive.
Jaden Rose

Easy to Use Drag and Drop Website Builder

Reviewed on 2022/06/23

I love Weebly and currently use it for my website.

I love Weebly and currently use it for my website.

Pros

I love Weebly. I started off using Weebly, and then came back to using Weebly after trying two other website builders. What I like about Weebly is its simple interface. It's very user and beginner friendly. It's drag and drop website builder is intuitive for anyone. Now that Weebly has partnered with Square it has a lot more all-in-one functionally. You can have a blog, email marketing, Facebook posts, point of sale, appointments, eCommerce, and more.

Cons

Orginally the drag and drop editor was a little slow, but since they have partnered with Square it's been fast.

Jason

Great alternative for Homeowner Associations

Reviewed on 2021/09/23

My homeowner association was in desperate need to get with the times! Trying to snail mail and go door to door is simply not practical in this modern age. Professional web development services were too costly. In looking at the numerous website builders, I decided to try Weebly since it offers a completely free option. All of our community documents, meeting information, etc. are now online. We've also been able to integrate an online process for residents to pay assessments online as well as direct realtors and title companies to an estoppel form. Our neighborhood website has now become the gold standard that other neighborhoods within my community are trying to duplicate. Overall Weebly has been a godsend!

Pros

Weebly is a very compelling service to publish professional looking content in an easy to use interface. I have found that the free option provides more than enough flexibility to meet my needs.

Cons

I would like to see some of the additional features be available as an a la carte offering rather than flat subscription fees.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Other postive product reviews and no cost or risk.
Kristi

Weebly is user friendly and cost effective if you need a web page set up quickly!

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

I have not had to contact Weebly support at all, so that is a positive in my book! Many times when I start out with a new software program or web program, there is a lot of communication between myself and the company support team in order to get things how I need them. This was so user-friendly that my son set up a free personal page for a class in just a single day. As a tech coordinator, this was very easy for me to set up, and our admin assistant was able to learn to add & edit content very quickly.

Pros

I like that there are many themes to choose from to customize your site on Weebly, and the interface is user friendly. You can switch back and forth from a screen that looks like a word processor (for selecting bold, italics, font size, color, etc.) OR you can switch to the coding language of HTML if you want further customizations. I have gotten along great without needing to switch to HTML, but it is nice to know I have the option. There is a nice variety of templates to choose from, and you can control who can view your page. For our organization, we only wanted our staff to have access to personnel forms, so we set this up with a password. Very easy to select that option if you need a private site.

Cons

At first it was confusing that I had to make two payments every few years. Then I realized that one payment is for Weebly to secure your preferred domain name (if it is available) and they register it for you. I have that part set up to renew every five years.

The second payment is an annual subscription fee for using the Weebly software interface and all the features that comes along with that including a nice selection of themes.

Good website builder for small platforms

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.
The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal
My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base.
Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

BigCommerce

Gilmer
Gilmer
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent for the price

Reviewed on 2023/09/20

I was able to take my web project from idea to publication in just a few days thanks to the powerful tools included in the free plan. I was then able to easily scale by upgrading my site with more pages, advanced eCommerce features, and a custom domain by upgrading to a paid plan. The support and documentation were also excellent in resolving any issues or concerns. I would definitely recommend Weebly to any person or organization looking for a low-cost and efficient website building solution

Pros

What I liked most about Weebly was its powerful drag-and-drop visual builder. It allowed me to easily create a complex site structure with multiple pages and sections using just my mouse. Its clean and well-organized interface made the design process highly intuitive. Additionally, the numerous Responsive themes and templates helped me quickly bring my ideas to life and ensure my site looks and works well from any device

Cons

What I liked least was the limited code customization. Although the visual editor covers most needs, experienced web developers miss the ability to inject custom HTML, CSS, and JavaScript code to create completely unique designs. However, I understand that this goes against Weebly's no-code approach to allowing anyone to create a professional website

Danielle
Danielle
  • Industry: Design

As a web designer, I'm surprised at how pretty you can make Weebly sites

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

I had a client ask me to build her two websites in Weebly and I must say they came out pretty awesome! Keep in mind I'm a WP/Squarespace designer so this was kind of something I didn't want to do. The good thing is my clients can easily just edit their websites after I make them pretty. So great for those who don't want to worry about the tech/maintenance etc.

Pros

The drag and drop builder is super easy to use and in fact, it rivals the WordPress and Squarespace ones. It's smart enough to know if you drag and drop a photo that you want the text to wrap around the photo. Other builders can't seem to get this right. They will usually turn it into two columns and have too much white space under the photos. MORE WRAPPING please.

Cons

It's glitchy in Firefox, took me a few days of running into issues to realize it was that. It works better if you use Chrome with it.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

The client wanted to use it.
Pedro
  • Industry: Design

Develop your website, without coding in a few minutes.

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Weebly is a great tool when creating websites, it has helped me to speed up the creation of small and medium projects, which is where it is most useful, however when creating projects or ecommerce with a massive amount of objects, It is not the best tool since it lacks some features to be able to handle this amount more efficiently. In spite of this, it is excellent, for personal use, medium-sized companies, or start up, that need a professional web page and at a low cost.

Pros

What I like most about Weebly is how easy it is to create web pages, since it allows selecting from an acceptable variety of templates that have a great design, and are totally responsive, also allow the use of applications that integrate different functionalities to the website in a fast way, it is excellent for projects that have a large amount of information, since it has several tools that facilitate SEO, in addition it also integrates well with google analytics, with its content manager making CRUD is really easy and fast, so publishing content is an easy task, plus everything can be done without having to write code.

Cons

Although it is easy to edit web pages, you only need to drag and drop, to modify some additional functions or to edit the website more thoroughly, you need to know html and css, which maybe for users who do not know it complicates the task of personalizing their web page, does not allow to restore the website to previous versions manually, so you must contact the helpdesk, however, they are very attentive and respond quickly.

Meghan

Things Change

Reviewed on 2023/06/14

I truly loved working with the website builder because it was quick and easy to make changes. I wish I could have continued using it because of that, but I couldn’t afford to continue.

Pros

When I first started using Weebly, it was acquired by Square. It synced products, worked well with Facebook and Instagram and was super easy to use.

Cons

Over time, features changed, integration lacked and syncing went away without notice.

Square Point of Sale and GoDaddy Website Builder

Square acquired Weebly.
Bob
Bob

My Review of Weebly Website Builder

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

I have used Weebly for several years. I've had an occasion or two to contact their customer support and they have been a great help. Usually, my issue is resolved fairly quickly. I cannot recommend Weebly an higher than I already have! This is a great platform to build your website on!

Pros

I enjoy Weebly's "drop and drag" blocks to build the website. You can move things around. You can change the way they look. You can add features...the design results are truly limitless. I have used Weebly for several years in hosting a few of my websites. The customer support is terrific. I've only had to contact them a couple of times and have had very quick responses. Definitely worth the price (and their prices are VERY comparable to others out there that do not even come close to Weebly's quality)!

Cons

Every now and then, I will want to try and do something of a tweak to my website, and I do not know how to make it happen. There is almost no tutorial help. The best way of finding out "how to do something on a Weebly website" is to go to YouTube or Google and put in a search. I've found that is the fastest way to make a change I'm not sure how to accomplish on my own.

Mashudu Hilary
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A very helpful, easy and affordable website builder.

Reviewed on 2022/06/29

Weebly was one of the software that I started using in building websites for my business. It is just what people with limited technical skills need when it comes to manifesting their business online. I found it very easy to use and versatile. However over the years it has become outdated and in order to keep up with prevailing trends, I had to migrate to other software such as Wix .

Pros

The first and most attractive feature that I found on Weebly is how it provides a generous free plan. I found it to provide a satisfactory array of features. The user interface is highly reliable and offers an option to drag and drop new elements on a page which you can click to edit settings. Weebly offers a wide selection and flexibility of design templates together with stylish themes with different page layouts for different uses. I love how it offers unlimited levels of navigation hierarchy and on top of this, the software supports large site structures. Weebly is also convenient in that image galleries, video and music players and other gadgets are all included in the editor. In addition to this, there are a number of useful applications such as tables, calendars and social media widgets and it allows the use of external widgets and tools which is highly advantageous. Lastly, Weebly offers excellent support be it chat or email. The softwares knowledge base answers a lot of questions through comprehensible tutorials and step by step guides.

Cons

Over the years, there haven't been many if not any updates, no new templates have been added in a while to the software thus making it outdated. The software offers limited customization and I have found the classic editor to be quite laggy. In spite of the software coming in a number of languages, non English characters are not supported. Lastly, I really believe that an undo button would be very useful as there is no way to recover deleted content such as text and images.

‘professional websites to start free’

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Weebly offers an easy website builder for any person with basic web knowledge to setup the site with drag and drop tools to place your objects or comes with pre-built templates, unique fonts etc to make your site outstanding and exciting. These digital showcases display enough convincing to attract prospective online buyers. If you are clever enough you can get a better price for the same product from a niche market, when you position your site in a professional platform such as weebly. These are the advantages of using services of a professional platform like weebly. To add more, you have resources to present super quality audio & video to complement your marketing strategies. Additionally through weebly you can directly launch FB marketing and the weebly system is designed for effective SEO to flash throuth your competitors. Try it out with a free plan.

Pros

weebly is another successful hosting platform targeting primarily ecommerce clientele. Its an ideal platform for startups to experiment their ideas and gain experience in theirs ventures without making an initial investment on a website and then elevate for a fully fledged website to do serious e-marketing or online trading. Weebly offers highly efficient and productive solutions for serious ecom but at a cost above market averages yet with features not found in average hosting plans.

Cons

weebly wouldn’t let any stone unturned. Therefore its strange if one can find any serious minuses except for the cost of paid plans which in turn is justifiable in comparison to the features.

Rakib Hasan
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Website building has become so much easy

Reviewed on 2022/10/22

I've been a Weebly customer for over a year now and I love how robust it is. You can do anything you want and create any type of web presence. I am very satisfied with their customer service, and the prices are affordable.

Pros

Weebly is the best website builder on the market. Weebly is perfect for anyone who wants a professional looking website without any of the headache of coding. The customization options are endless and I love how you can make it look as professional or as quirky as you want it to be. Weebly is so easy to use, affordable, and innovative!

Cons

I have been using Weebly for over 2 years, and I am still amazed at how easy it is to use. If I ever need customer support, they are always there for me!

Anne

Weebly helps me with Websites and Blog Sites in a HURRY. I LOVE this product & have made many...

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

This is my go to website builder for ease of use and how great the pages look. Complete flexibility when you want to make something custom. Love the links, social media tools and will be trying out some Adsense and other money making SEO stuff! Thanks Weebly!

Pros

I like the ease of use and flexibility of the templates to make the sites my own. I have made many FREE sites and upgraded them as needed. I have made blog sites with my own custom web URL and love working and updating when I get the chance. I have done an eCommerce site as well and it's easy to set up too. Links are very easy to add as well as FREE photos and others that you can pay a small price for. It's got everything under the hood for sure! I used to use the Apple product to make my sites, but Weebly took over for me since that time! Love the new promotion page stuff too! Lots of room for growth and updating! Thanks Weebly!

Cons

When I get a bill and an email telling me about renewal, I wish I knew which page it was for since I have many sites that I operate and maintain. Hope that is in the works.

Peter

The platform that designs us wonders like

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

It is very nice to have a platform that can provide all its technological capabilities, to create a web page or blogs in a simple, elegant and fast, that even anyone who uses it for the first time feels like a true creator of wonders. In our office we usually work with this system very often, especially when we urgently need a web page, on the other hand in our home my family has been greatly benefited in their daily and educational activities.

Pros

Weebly allows the particularity of allowing to change templates, this feature is very important since sometimes we have had doubts or we have decided to make certain modifications in our web pages, and we have even been able to make the changes after being published. Another important aspect is that all its templates are adapted to our mobile devices, which means being of great help, since we have access to all the content and we can view and modify the page at any time. It has the property of incorporating our pages elements such as photos, videos, etc, in an easy and fun way, with its peculiar style of drag and drop. This platform offers us a very good technical support, in the occasions that have attended us we have been very lucky with the help that they have given us.

Cons

Weebly presents the detail that when you delete a page, it is necessary to wait for the Weebly support team to restore the website for us.