Yahoo Small Business

Web hosting & domain registration for small businesses

Barry B.
  • Industry: Shipbuilding

Yahoo Small Business - Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Our goal was to find unified hosting for our email and website, without "breaking the bank". Yahoo, at the time, was a trusted name in email and internet search. The monthly pricing was was low-to-average, and the ability to use your company email via the Yahoo webmail portal was a nice "bonus". What was not known was that... (1) every employee using an "@mybusiness.com" email address was required to first sign up for a standard Yahoo account and then sync to their business account; (2) the administrator tools - especially email administration - were severely lacking; and (3) that the Yahoo Small Business servers were not as secure as they could have/should have been. All of our corporate information hosted by Yahoo was compromised, and we were forced to move to a different website/email host. Overall - not an experience we would like to repeat.

Pros

Integration with Yahoo Webmail Platform; Ability to sync to Yahoo accounts; Low overall cost

Cons

Lack of administrator tools (ie: inability to access employee email accounts, reset user passwords, etc.); Sub-par security; Spam emails coming from Yahoo itself; slow loading times on Yahoo-hosted websites

Kyler R.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Lots of features for low cost

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Pros

We did not have a lot of extra money to spend on fancy business software upon startup. Our original plan was to use this until we could afford a different program. We have stayed with this platform as it offers everything we need at a fraction of the cost of other programs. We enjoy the functionality and ease of using it. It is very user friendly. We have some older members of our team who are not very computer savvy and I only had to walk them through this once. Anyone on our team has the ability to upload and edit the site. Yahoo! small business makes that a breeze.

Cons

We do have to pay for a billing software separately and I wish we could link them to read the data from one another, but otherwise this is great.

Why you need to make the switch to Yahoo Small Business

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

Overall I've had a great experience with Yahoo. I've only been using the software for about a year, but the organization and functionality is amazing! 10/10 using this software

Pros

I love the functionality of this software. It works very quickly and efficiently and it is very helpful when trying to get work accomplished. The interface design has been done very well and makes it easy for individuals of all ages to use.

Cons

The only con I have about this software is maybe the number of applications that it offers along with the software. Maybe a few more applications like FaceTime or a few other things could be added but other than that I really don't have any cons about this software.

Jill N.

it's yahoo..what could be better

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

yahoo is a well-known name and came highly recommended when I was setting up a small online business. easy to use and set up with great customer support.

Cons

the price is heavy on a small company but other than that it's a solid choice to add to your business

Richard C.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Yahoo Small Business Email

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

My overall experience with yahoo small business email is not very good. If someone asked me to recommend them a great business email platform I would tell them to use Google's GSuite any day of the week.

Pros

I don't really enjoy much about this software. I like how it makes it easy to move emails to different folders.

Cons

Nearly all of the entire software. I'm not a fan of the layout, or the features, etc. I used to use Gsuite, and it is far more user-friendly than Yahoo email. Additionally, I believe the features with GSuite are far better than those in Yahoo Business Email.

Austin T.

Reviewed on 2020/03/08

I love it and have ever since we have started using it

Pros

That it is really easy to function and easy to use with kids

Cons

That it seems to basic, like not a lot of colors and things like that

Jessica P.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

I love yahoo!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

I use yahoo all the time and never have any issues! Overall experience is an A++.

Pros

I would say the pros are mostly checked what’s happening in the world because I use yahoo news a lot and also I have my email as yahoo so check my mail at least once a day also!

Cons

I don’t think there are any cons for yahoo..I would definitely recommend it to other people than any other site.

Audree A.
  • Industry: Accounting

Easy to set up mulitple email accounts

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Pros

I like that I can have unlimited emails for each branch and individual employees of my firm. There are also multiple help tools for me such as phone number listings, website and social media tools for getting my business noticed

Cons

I wish the prompts could be a little more layman in terms so it is easy to get to certain areas without having any true technical experience

Domonique S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

yahoo

Reviewed on 2020/07/05

Pros

good its not so bad. emails come mid speed

Cons

takes sometime to recieve a email for yahoo

Edward S.

web page for startup entrepreneur

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

It's a user friendly email service and alright if you're a beginner with starting a web page for a new business.

Pros

The support team was awesome and always available to answer my questions in my web hosting. Appreciated how there is SSL certificate to protect me and my customers' data. There were plenty of backup and restore tools if something went wrong.

Cons

It got kind of pricey and didn't have diverse range of products compared to other standard web hosting companies. Inability to edit or remove web pages from the previous web building system. It didn't have enough tutorials and just had instructions to read.

Joseph P.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Generic Type of Web Builder

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Used the website builder & host for short period of time.

Pros

Yahoo small business is a bundle of software provided by Yahoo. I have only used the website builder & hosting in the past. Like any other web builder, it is fairly simple but could be considered slightly advanced for a new person. It provided more templates than other software. The cost for hosting when I used it was okay/good.

Cons

The older version of Yahoo Small Business web builder is very dated & not as user friendly. Today's prices of the web hosting I have to say is not the best & reliability is questionable.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Review on Yahoo

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

It has many features than google incase of viewing global news

Cons

It will take little bit more time to open this tool because of many advertisments.

Purchase C.

Reviewed on 2018/07/07

Norzihan I.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Used to be good email provider

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

Yahoo email used to be the leading company in email business, but lately they just seem can't keeping up with modern solutions needs and still not offering new features to help easing business related work and needs. Overall, this still can be considered good email service for personal use.

Pros

Yahoo Small Business is cheap and affordable to subscribe its service, and it is come with 1T of free storage. That is the cheapest that you can subscribe for business email. Yahoo also has mobile application, and everything can be manage and monitored by my phone. Quick email and messaging is not a problem with this software.

Cons

There are not much option offered by the business email, unlike Gmail that are offering tons of feature that are coming with its email service. The design layout is outdated and not too user friendly, and the website is slow to open the email. Other than that, there are no updates that are introduce make the platform competitive to other email provider service.

Shari G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

It Gets The Deed Done

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

This software has a wide accessibility so you can use it from anywhere, a browser or the app. It is also a recognized address so your business looks professional under the email and it is also easy to interact with other persons on the platform. Not too complex for the average person.

Cons

What I like least about this software are the ads, there are a loot of them and not really helpful. There are also times when the app is difficult to maneuver in threads; so it becomes confusing trying to work out with messages are being responded to in a thread email.

Michael A.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Is it really safe?

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

Despite the service is good in overall, the consideration for people before using this service is more of a security reason. They must have been improved and upgraded their security by now though.

Pros

Yahoo! has been in the market for a long time. I'm familiar with this service provider and it's old interface.

Cons

I tried the free version one long time ago. In fact, I got my password 2x hacked. Now I don't use Yahoo anymore for security reasons. It happened a few years ago. I am afraid to use this service anymore.

Obianuju O.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Very great tool, useful in our offices. Will recommened.

Pros

It is a very useful tool for communication.

Cons

Sometimes the interface is not user friendly, and we have to look up certain features.

Claudia T.

Yahoo review

Reviewed on 2020/04/12

I use yahoo on a daily that is my favorite email and I don’t plan on changing any time soon.

Pros

I really like how easy yahoo is to use and how it is very well organized.

Cons

Yahoo could improve a little more with the wey there attachments are set up.

Michael H.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Just have for business owners

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

It has been the best thing for my company because it has helped productivity and helped compile all my company’s information into one beautifully created domain.

Pros

Helps compile all data analytics for your small business into one convenient and very user friendly platform. The Home Screen helps display all your primary information and is extremely customizable.

Cons

I wish you could color coordinate specific tasks for certain people to help make items stick out better.

Yahoo Small Business Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/26

good.

Pros

Eas of uses. I love how you can let up lots of folders.

Cons

I dislike how I have to do a variation every time i log in.

Malith M.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

yahoo small business review

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

i have been using yahoo small business for 6 months. I'm doing a small part time business. My sales are increased after using yahoo small business.

Pros

yahoo small business is very useful software. There customer support is excellent. 24/7 service.
you can create a website easily using it.

Cons

They need to improve the software a bit. it's not the best software.

Adnan A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Old is gold!

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

This was my first e-mail service provider ... and I still use it.

Pros

one of the eldest e-mail apps, which still offer wide variety of services. The most important thing I like about it, is the unique style/design they have.

Cons

- The updates are not frequent, not keeping up with the market.
- No special offers/events (like google)

Kristen H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Overall, I love yahoo and I will continue to use it for all of my internet questions

Pros

I love that there is an answer for every question! If you need info, yahoo is your best friend.

Cons

I feel like some of the answers are a bit outdated and need repudiating

Simona V.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Good software

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

Pros

Truthful company. It is old on the market. Works well, but there are better ones on the market. Needs some small improvements, but it works.

Cons

The design can be improved. The search platform especially.

Nicole H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

It’s ok

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Pros

It’s the first email service I used. Easy to get set up and use.

Cons

It doesn’t seem to have as many options and not used as much a gmail.