Yahoo Small Business

Web hosting & domain registration for small businesses

3,6
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Email Better For Small Businesses

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/11/11

very good good trial for about 2 years we used it in our day to day .compared very well to gmail works similar doesnt require alot of training .

Pros

yahoo business is easy to use and setup admin accounts.providing credentials and users is easy.availability to update users is easy and can be taught quickly.

Cons

customer service is terrible .your almost pressured to pay for there premium support .if you need to reset a password and cant recover password there are no alternatives to update and get access to your email.

Industry: Computer Networking
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

How Yahoo Could be better

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Over all it has been a great product that makes it very easy to communicate through email. I have been with this business and it's a really good business. What is also so nice about it is that it is not limited to emails but has a lot of other things like daily news and other than a few fixes that are needed this is a wonderful social media busniess.

Pros

This is a very nice software that makes it very easy to communicate through email. I have been with this business and it's a really good business. What is also so nice about it is that it is not limited to emails but has a lot of other things like daily news etc.

Cons

A simple thing that they could do to make this business so much better is to make it easier to and understandable to sort emails through the app.

Barry B.
Industry: Shipbuilding

Yahoo Small Business - Buyer Beware

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Our goal was to find unified hosting for our email and website, without "breaking the bank". Yahoo, at the time, was a trusted name in email and internet search. The monthly pricing was was low-to-average, and the ability to use your company email via the Yahoo webmail portal was a nice "bonus". What was not known was that... (1) every employee using an "@mybusiness.com" email address was required to first sign up for a standard Yahoo account and then sync to their business account; (2) the administrator tools - especially email administration - were severely lacking; and (3) that the Yahoo Small Business servers were not as secure as they could have/should have been. All of our corporate information hosted by Yahoo was compromised, and we were forced to move to a different website/email host. Overall - not an experience we would like to repeat.

Pros

Integration with Yahoo Webmail Platform; Ability to sync to Yahoo accounts; Low overall cost

Cons

Lack of administrator tools (ie: inability to access employee email accounts, reset user passwords, etc.); Sub-par security; Spam emails coming from Yahoo itself; slow loading times on Yahoo-hosted websites

Kyler R.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Lots of features for low cost

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Pros

We did not have a lot of extra money to spend on fancy business software upon startup. Our original plan was to use this until we could afford a different program. We have stayed with this platform as it offers everything we need at a fraction of the cost of other programs. We enjoy the functionality and ease of using it. It is very user friendly. We have some older members of our team who are not very computer savvy and I only had to walk them through this once. Anyone on our team has the ability to upload and edit the site. Yahoo! small business makes that a breeze.

Cons

We do have to pay for a billing software separately and I wish we could link them to read the data from one another, but otherwise this is great.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Why you need to make the switch to Yahoo Small Business

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

Overall I've had a great experience with Yahoo. I've only been using the software for about a year, but the organization and functionality is amazing! 10/10 using this software

Pros

I love the functionality of this software. It works very quickly and efficiently and it is very helpful when trying to get work accomplished. The interface design has been done very well and makes it easy for individuals of all ages to use.

Cons

The only con I have about this software is maybe the number of applications that it offers along with the software. Maybe a few more applications like FaceTime or a few other things could be added but other than that I really don't have any cons about this software.

Jon H.
Industry: Religious Institutions

I think Yahoo Small Business is still trying to figure out what they want to be

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Well, it does give us email service, a domain name, and a website. We've had some issues with it, and there have definitely been times I was ready to scrap it, but I'm coming around more.

It used to be that the only free website options offered with the full hosting package (I believe ours is the "Premier" Package) were either low quality or too advanced for my skills. So we have a low quality website. However, they recently changed it, and the really good looking website designs are now available in the full hosting package. I'm pretty thrilled with that...but it means I've got some work to do!

Pros

Since I came to Community Christian Church, we've had Yahoo for our web-hosting service (domain, website, and email all included in that). For most of the time, we haven't necessarily had problems. That's the good part. Yahoo email works well. I can access from my phone or desktop. We can also add email addresses for special things, and have it automatically forward to an established email address. For example, we could set up an email address specifically for our missionaries to communicate with us, and it could be sent automatically to our main office email address. It's come in handy a couple times. It also allows us to view our website usage easily, and with great detail.

Cons

I've had a lot of frustration on and off with Yahoo Small Business. For one...I don't think they've quite figured out what they want to be. I've been here for four years, and they've had numerous name changes. I think at first it was something like Yahoo Web Hosting, then it turned to Aabaco. Big announcements were made about that. Then it just kind of quietly turned into Yahoo Small Business. But when you log in, the web address is at luminate.com. I just don't get it.

There was a day or two that I wasn't getting any emails. Tech support said they applied a fix, and it would be a couple days to see if it worked. It didn't.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Carlos R.
Industry: Accounting

Overchargin with not reason

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Really Bad experience the overcharge every month and went you notice the excess they refuse to refund or credit your account if you ask for management or supervisor they said they can't transfer the call , if you ask for billing department they told me they don't have a billing department this company don't care about customer please if you planing to use this company will recommend other provider yahoo will not be by your side or help you

Pros

nothing about this software was complete

Cons

Unable to Contact Billing department or managers

Akeem E.
Industry: Entertainment

Yahoo Review - Standard

Reviewed on 2020/05/02

It is a good software, but why have good when GREAT is a click away?

Pros

I liked the component of sharing messages through email. I also like the different features the software offers.

Cons

It has not been updated and therefore cannot compete with its competitors such as Google.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Yahoo Small Business Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/26

good.

Pros

Eas of uses. I love how you can let up lots of folders.

Cons

I dislike how I have to do a variation every time i log in.

Tara R.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Yahooooo is not the word

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

I liked that it was cheap but you get what you pay for.

Cons

Yahoo drops all the time and has been hacked so many times it is not a good program at all

Obianuju O.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Yahoo Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Very great tool, useful in our offices. Will recommened.

Pros

It is a very useful tool for communication.

Cons

Sometimes the interface is not user friendly, and we have to look up certain features.

David R.
Industry: Computer Software

Yahooo!!

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

Pros

I like it because it's the oldest engine with the modern features.

Cons

I really used it a lot before switching to g mail because i forgot my password and the alternative email

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Bianca C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

How many emails is too many?

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

I appreciate the function it serves, just wish it did so a little bit better.

Pros

I think this platform makes adding emails simple. It's a straignfoward format. No bells or whistles on the layout, but I don't mind simplicity.

Cons

I find that while we have an unlimited email subscription, I often hit roadblocks in the number of aliases assigned to individual users. I al constantly deleting less pertanant aliases in order to make room for new.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Melanie T.
Industry: Events Services

Yahoo Business

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Overall I think that Yahoo small business is a great extension of my personal yahoo account. It confirms with my client that my business is legit and their email communications with me are secure. I am able to set up multiple accounts for all of my staff and a general business email that we all access.

Pros

I like that I am able to send emails to customers with a legit business email. It makes my emails more professional and the customers feels more secure with their communications.

Cons

I dont have anything that I don't like about Yahoo small business.

Claudia T.
Industry: Retail

Yahoo review

Reviewed on 2020/04/12

I use yahoo on a daily that is my favorite email and I don’t plan on changing any time soon.

Pros

I really like how easy yahoo is to use and how it is very well organized.

Cons

Yahoo could improve a little more with the wey there attachments are set up.

Richard C.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Yahoo Small Business Email

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

My overall experience with yahoo small business email is not very good. If someone asked me to recommend them a great business email platform I would tell them to use Google's GSuite any day of the week.

Pros

I don't really enjoy much about this software. I like how it makes it easy to move emails to different folders.

Cons

Nearly all of the entire software. I'm not a fan of the layout, or the features, etc. I used to use Gsuite, and it is far more user-friendly than Yahoo email. Additionally, I believe the features with GSuite are far better than those in Yahoo Business Email.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Eva D.
Industry: Construction

My first great provider

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

I've used yahoo for over 10 years and love the layout and the design of the site

Pros

I created an email with Yahoo over 10 years ago and still love how neat the site is.

Cons

The site is a bit cluttered with news, other than that it's great

Tristin N.
Industry: Internet

Yahoo Small Busines review

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Overall i would recommend yahoo small business to most starting out. Its. A great source.

Pros

The ability to interact fully with my business.

Cons

Everything is scattered; you kind of have to dig around to make sense of things.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Environmental Services

User for years - then changed to permanent ads in the business email.

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

This has been a horrible experience in the last year. Who's in charge doing all these changes. You don't get to change mid-way into people's contracts and annual payment plan. I will be switching to GoDaddy just as soon as I can save all my emails in Yahoo.

Pros

I used to love Yahoo Small Business Email and Webhosting. But now that Verizon has bought it, it is horrible. The Website Builder is more difficult and they added Advertisements in the Business email without even asking users!!

Cons

I paid for an ad-free business email and they just changed it without even offering an ad-free one. So, let me say it again.... I paid for an entire year of ad-free service and then they added ads in the email without permission, and they tell me that there is no alternative except to move my mail to Outlook which doesn't save my sent mails, has another format for emailing mail, etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Austin T.
Industry: Education Management

Yahoo Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/08

I love it and have ever since we have started using it

Pros

That it is really easy to function and easy to use with kids

Cons

That it seems to basic, like not a lot of colors and things like that

Shanteria J.
Industry: Education Management

Love it

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

It’s great, easy to manage, easy to navigate , easy to find, just simply easy

Pros

This is the best thing that ever happened to my business I recommend it to everyone even those with start up businesses

Cons

Everything is prefect, I love the easy navigation

Malith M.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

yahoo small business review

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

i have been using yahoo small business for 6 months. I'm doing a small part time business. My sales are increased after using yahoo small business.

Pros

yahoo small business is very useful software. There customer support is excellent. 24/7 service.
you can create a website easily using it.

Cons

They need to improve the software a bit. it's not the best software.

Jessica P.
Industry: Facilities Services

I love yahoo!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

I use yahoo all the time and never have any issues! Overall experience is an A++.

Pros

I would say the pros are mostly checked what’s happening in the world because I use yahoo news a lot and also I have my email as yahoo so check my mail at least once a day also!

Cons

I don’t think there are any cons for yahoo..I would definitely recommend it to other people than any other site.

George R.
Industry: Sports

Yahoo review

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

My experience has been short with yahoo and I have switched over to google and gmail platforms. These are much more user friendly and consistent, and also provide other features like google drive and google meet that seem much more user friendly than Yahoo.

Pros

The product is easy to use in the ability to search quickly and find all that I need to know whether that be business websites, fields, or training facilities.

Cons

I don't like the difficulty in results that show up when searched. Many times, I have needed to scroll to the second or third page when I am searching for a quite uncommon yahoo search that you think would pop up on the first try.

Jim C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Customer review

Reviewed on 2020/06/06

Cannot now opt out of receiving ads.
Awkward settings.
Poor interface screens.

Pros

Ability to use @JECarmichael.com in my address. Ability to use multiple addresses.

Cons

Desired features not delivered.
E-mail interface is poor. Now unable to avoid nuisance ads.
Spam filtering is random so filters out too much of what I want to receive and lets through too much of what I do not.
Tech support has always been bad and now worse.
Recommend Gmail to anyone making new choice.