Symantec Solutions For Small Business Reviews

Symantec Solutions For Small Business

Protect Your Business

(329 reviews)
Vasu N.

Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Pros

Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints.

Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats.

The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication.
Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Cons

Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome.
LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Pros

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Cons

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Kory M.

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

Pros

For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

Cons

I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Brett V.

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Pros

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Cons

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Yagneshkumar P.

Symantec Secure Software

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

The benefit i get from using Symantec is the peace of mind knowing my personal data is secure at all times, customer support is always ready to help whenever needed; Moreover, Symantec even scans any application that i download from the web, and makes it sure that is it safe before executing the install, that is a huge plus for me.

Pros

Symantec does a great job in terms of blocking viruses, malware, spyware, ads, and it is fast. I use it daily on my PC and as well as at my workplace. The security updates download automatically and daily in the background without bugging the user, I can scan a particular file or directory, i can schedule a scan anytime of my preference, also if a new updates has been installed and if it requires me to reboot my pc, i can choose a later time to perform that task Symantec is great in terms of security, i have a peace of mind when i use Symantec knowing i am safe when browsing the web. Next feature, is the quick customer support, Symantec customers reps are always available at any given time.

Cons

One of the downside of using Symantec is that it takes up a lot of system memory since the applications is always running in background. My RAM space on my PC is 8GB, when Symantec is running in the background it takes up-to 35-45 percent of my RAM, which then i do not have much left of to work with.

Beecher B.

Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Pros

Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Cons

Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

Justin N.

Symantec Endpoint Provides Fantastic Computer Protection 24-hours a day

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Symantec Endpoint has protected our thousands of PCs from virus threats and malware too many times to count. Overall, our organization has been very pleased with protection coverage that Symantec is giving us.

Pros

There are a lot of reasons to like Symantec Endpoint, but the reason our company chose this product is because of the broad scope of coverage from viruses, malware, and constant monitoring of our data centers.

Cons

Our company employs thousands of staff and so we knew going in that this software would not be an inexpensive software acquisition. The initial proposal was outside of our price range but after some difficult conversations and negotiations with the Symantec sales team we were able to find a product and price that suited us.

Fernando D.

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Pros

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Cons

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

Marsha J.

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection has been positive and we are using the product to protect entire users. Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current, the ability to track each users and ensure that they have the product installed. The option to update to the latest version, the annual renewal is timely by Symantec. We also really appreciate you team that supports us and visit our office periodically to check up on us and other Symantec products we have in our organization.

Cons

Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good however at times it causes the laptop to be a little slow in accessing files and data. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current but we have to download the updates and send it to each user. The fact that the renewal was doubled for 2017 from what we paid in 2016,

Dustin D.

Please with Symantec Endpoint Protection

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Great product. Easy to implement, use and manage. Easy to scale down or up depending on how many devices you have.

Pros

My organization has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for over 5 years. This software is easy to use and distribute. The centralized admin interface makes it easy to add new devices and see an overall security overview of my organization's assets. The custom policies allow for me to make modifications on specific machines and not effect all the others. I do this to allow exceptions on several of our machines that need it in order to perform their function.

Cons

It isn't easy to temporarily disable for troubleshooting purposes. I need to temporarily disable Symantec so I could download a piece of software it was conflicting with. Had to look up how to do this and it was a multi step process. On the bright side the documentation of how to do it was easy to find and go through.

Jessica B.

Great product for Windows Server based networks

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

This software keeps my network running CLEAN!
It also allows me to have a one stop shop, so to speak, to view all activities pertaining to my machines and network being in tip top performing shape!

Pros

Able to build both x32 and x64 install packages and push directly from the management console.
The management console allows the administrator to do basically everything remotely. Such as:
Scan machines, Schedule scans for future, push live updates, view quarantines, see last system scan, see if a scan was cancelled, and much more.
Also able to run reports containing which machines are in red (haven't had an active scan in x amount of time), which machines are clean, etc.

Cons

The administrator must have extensive knowledge of their network and the different locations.
End-users can cause the system to send A LOT of alerts to the admin due to canceling startup scans or trying to disable the software.

Luke T.

Symantec Endpoint Protection high protection to the team.

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

It is our main tool of protection for what has assured us a high quality in services, has a very good technical support that offers the answers and documentation in relation to the product, from its implementation providing peace of mind to all the members of the company.

Pros

It offers adequate protection and has been incorporated into antivirus, antimalware and network intrusion protection, it is very useful in the case of large and small systems has an excellent reputation worldwide being a product widely used by different companies, in addition the implementation is relatively simple and has an interface that allows an adequate administration of the software, in general terms it is one of the best options in terms of protection.

Cons

Your updates can be heavy so you can reduce the experience a bit by the user as well as the client.

Enterprise protection for your company computers

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Our computers are coming already per-installed with Symantec Endpoint Protection. It is solid virus and malware protection tool. I get a notification of one web site ask me to access some permissions, Symantec Endpoint is warned me that web portal is suspicious even it seems like pretty normal education web site. It is up to dated virus and malware protection database really give me trust. I can schedule routine scanning to the night time so i don't effect from computer slowness when it scans

Pros

Malware and Virus protection is very reliable, very stable, easy to install and maintain product. It's notifications when they feel a threat is very satisfactory for me. It saved me from very potential threat situations. Almost weekly or daily up to dated virus and malware database.

Cons

When it scans all your computer, your computer starts to work a bit slowly. But you can schedule this scans.

Mohit M.

All purpose security product for PCs

Reviewed on 2018/08/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good product and its cost effective.

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection is one point solution for providing security from Malware, Viruses, Network Intrusions and most important for IT hardware (Including Computers and Server), it prevents ransomware attacks. firewall is sturdy and really easy to manage, Central console for managing systems and updates and most important it is not taxing on Computer resources. We are using to manage handful of Computers really effectively.

Cons

From view of protecting clients there are absolutely no issues/cons. Only thing plague this software which i feel is up-gradation process i.e. from lower to higher version, there are strict protocols to be followed for successful implementation (Updates).

A security shields for stop the attacks of virus.

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

Symantec security is an well design tool to protect our devices from powerful threats which could be so harmful for our important data. Symantec works smoothly and enable us to surf safely on internet . A good option for me to keep my all devices safe from risky threats.

Pros

Symantec is a security platform for us and as well as for our clients and it provide us basic security features. We can easily manage and protect our several devices from tricky virus and only one agent can control all devices. Symantec Endpoint Protection can automatically detect the upcoming virus or threats in our system. We can also scan our emails as well as our other useful files. Symantec antivirus is very useful for our several devices and also compatible with all kind of latest devices.

Cons

Symantec is good security option for our plenty of devices but also have some issues to work with this tool. when we start to deep system scan it takes approximately up to an hour to complete which is not so good for our business work. This antivirus contains a lot of memory in our system and slow down our system for other applications. Install easily but tedious to remove from system.

Joey A.

Symantec is here to stay and a game changer

Reviewed on 2018/10/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We've been using Symantec since it was still called Symantec Anti-Virus and it has come a long way since. However, like any sound strategy, one should never rely solely on one product for protection. It should always be supplemented with an end-point gateway protection AND education of the weakest link: The human firewall.

Pros

The product is much lighter on resources. It is accurate and very rarely has false-positives. It is easy to configure and automatically updates itself in random intervals.

Cons

Symantec End Point Protection can border on the paranoid. Every time an aspect is updated (whether an executable or otherwise), Symantec always prompts you if "you want <the Product> to access the network?" If you answer NO accidentally, then critical systems could be affected.in random intervals further freeing up resources.

Tim P.

Does it's job well - but doesn't play well with Windows OS

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

All in all, Symantec Endpoint Protection offers impenetrable protection for end users. It's easy to deploy, simple to update, and it does it's job well. I just wish it didn't cause BSODs in our environment.

Pros

This software is fairly simple to deploy and update on multiple PCs, and is generally hassle-free in regards to everyday use. The different levels of protection have worked perfectly and it's essentially a "set it and forget it" type of program for our users.

Cons

This software doesn't seem to play well with Windows 7 OS - at least, not in our environment. I have constantly received BSODs that point to this program when we view the logs. We're running the most recent stable version and uninstalling/reinstalling seems to only postpone the inevitable blue screen.

Mohammed A.

Symantec Endpoint protection review

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Overall it is good, but needs more improvement to protect all 365 degree for the endpoints.

Pros

Easy and simply to use,
protect from most of the viruses,
updates daily schedule patches antivirus signatures
we have been using it since last 1.5 years

Cons

i would require separate antimalware software long side symantec.
to protect my end users form malwares. because it was not protecting against most of the dangerous malware.

7.0/10
Matt M.

Quiet Endpoint Protection Software

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

I like that the software has a small footprint and runs quietly. I don't like when antivirus software talks to me or bugs me every five minutes with popups. Endpoint Security runs silently in the background, sends notifications when they're needed, and doesn't otherwise bother me. I might even forget it was there.
The interface is very minimal, not overloading you with lots of big buttons to click on.

Cons

I don't have much in the way of complaints right now, but I will say that while I like the simple interface, I do find that sometimes I would like to have a little more control from the user side, or at least the option to view it while sitting at a users desk.

Manny P.

My Favorite software

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Great antivirus protection and a brand that I can trust. When it doubt this is always first on my list.

Pros

One of my favorites and I always say that I feel great knowing that it still keeps me protected. Simple network setup and easily deploy across the network.

Cons

A few years, I had to get away from this product because it was a mess, but they got back on board and corrected the problems and still is one of my favorite protection software.
They need to catch up with malware protection. I prefer that they leave the setup to easily be customized for technician's who don't want to install the firewall or data protection on their networks. This has always been a problematic software for many technicians.

Ilker Y.

1ST BRAND OF COMPUTER PROTECTION

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

it is very good and detect every virus or threats ,it does not request too much update, we had some difficulties with the previous one and it has been requesting too much update and it is boring if you have urgent something to do. Getting Update is important for virus protection programs because hackers produce viruses continously

Pros

The updates comes frequently so the Symantec protection is keeping the latest and updated version of virus so I feel more comfortable when I enter untrusted web sites.

Cons

The program makes my computer a little bit slower ,this is the worst thing for symantec endpoint protection because I could compare the with installed symantec and without installation.I felt the computer is a little bit faster without symantec

Rahul P.

SEP groomed product for end point protection

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

Protection features
IPS
granularity of control
Customisation
backward compatibility

Cons

expensive to maintain and upgrade
lack report feature
UX ( user interface)

One of the best practices among traditional antiviruses.

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

The product offers improved user interface and successful system performance, especially in terms of simple operation. Enterprise is one of the most preferred antivirus applications in terms of compatibility for environments. The product is particularly successful in segmentation. It offers other detailed features such as the ability to capture inventory information from end users.

Pros

Not putting too much load on system performance, not consuming too much system resources, simple operation interface and maximum compatibility for enterprise environments.

Cons

It could be reduced from your chances of protecting end users against advanced threats only with this application. Another complementary product is needed in terms of protection.

7.0/10
Muhammad S.

System Tech

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection is a security software suite.
It not only detects viruses but malware as well and it also has some firewall features too.
You can pick any type of scan quick, full or custom and can schedule a scan as per your requirements.
It also sends different types of notification like when virus, malware or attack detected, scan complete, etc.
There are different reports available that will be sent to you automatically. You just need to set some triggers.
It also detects traffic come through your HTTP port and can block it if it's vulnerable.
Symantec has its own library of codes that represent a different type of attack.
It works on both desktop and Servers.

Cons

It adds little degradation in performance while performing full system scanning.

Jonathan G.

Symantec Backup Exec (not Endpoint Protection)

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

I have been working with the product for more than 5 years.
While the software does what it's supposed to, I still have a lot of problems with it.
The services sometimes has issues, old files don't purge automatically, upgrading tends to always cause issues.

Pros

Symantec Backup Exec 20 is a solid software when configured correctly.
You can run multiple backup jobs at a time.
The application interface is easy to use and nicely done.

Cons

The worst part is the config and setup.
In order to get all Green successful backups, you need to dot your i's and cross your t's.
It could take a while to get everything running smoothly.