Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud

#1 Hybrid Cloud Backup-as-a-Service Solution for Providers

Francis H.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great Backup, When You Know How!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

I require backup software that is consistently reliable, yet offers the flexibility to backup my entire computer system, including system files. Then, I want to easily restore any of my backup file versions as required, especially if I purchase new computers that need the same configuration as my existing ones. Crucially, if any of my computers should break beyond repair, I want to use my backup files to restore on any new computers.

Acronis, delivers on the above. I am very appreciative for this and have had cause to use these features. I am accustomed to a backup routine and do this weekly. I keep three generations of backup. Acronis has a great feature of validating each backup that, I presume checks each file for errors. Comforting to know when your data is important.

Pros

Acronis has an extensive suite of backup features, with a myriad of options. You will find all that you need from backing up all of your hard drive to selected files. You can backup to an external drive or to the cloud, you decide. Your backup files are available whenever you require, for the inevitable disaster, when you will be thankful you backed up regularly. Its one of the few backup software that actually backs up your entire computer system. Very useful if you have a complete breakdown or need to restore to a new computer.

Cons

At first glance, the software can appear daunting to the novice. The Menu looks clean and simple, yet you look around, bemused, because you don't really know what to do. The instructions are not good. I found my way around, more, trial and error. Discovering the features, by exploring the Menu options and reading the prompts. Initially, it took over hours of my time. Now I know what I am doing, I think the software is great. However, if I go on holiday and come back to Acronis after a period of time, it takes a little time to refresh myself on how use it again. Its not intuitive. With this in mind, this is my backup software of choice.

Frederic H.

A powerfull archiving backup suite

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Very good , you buy the software , you attach an external drive , you select the drive or folders to be backup and the size of part files and you start it

Pros

You can do many types of backup like incremential backup and split it in many files to make it easier to transfer it

Cons

No support to backup on the same drive or create an disk image like iso or a virtual machine for vmware or virtualbox

William S.

Excellent tool for any organization

Reviewed on 2020/08/23

We had terrabytes of historical photoed and newsletters. After a scare where we almost lost a hard drive, this (& a external hard drive) solved a panic over having orderly backup.

Pros

It was simple to setup, simple to implement. It took less than 2 hours to install the software, make a backup and train the end user.

Cons

It was a little tricky to automate the backup but I believe an update solved that issue - it really does not have negatives for backing up a stand alone pc.

Neyda jose M.

Ideal for recovery and backup of business data

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Acronis has been really useful since at a business level it is always under risk, since it can fail some server or be attacked in a cybernetic way that is why thanks to the implementation of this software we have backup copies of the business data more important as well as an immediate recovery of them.

Pros

One of the things I like most about this information backup software is that it allows users to back up any location, that is, it does not matter if their data is in the cloud or if it is on another platform. the same way you can protect them, its interface is highly customizable so the user can choose the type of backup that you want to implement, it also offers different types of data encryption which is really advantageous, because if they are stored out of its platform there is no risk of loss or theft and the best or my favorite aspect is that it does not matter since part of the world wants to carry out the backup of information since it is a platform that only requires internet access and a user account to protect your data.

Cons

Acronis is not a completely perfect platform because its learning curve is quite high so it is recommended only for companies with a large amount of data to support.

Nick B.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Having Acronis will ensure you get a bonus

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

My overall experience with this software has been nothing but excellent. I can sleep rest assured that our back ups are completing and were able to restore if we need to.

Pros

Acronis By far the best most robust and easiest to use back up software I have ever used. The jobs are easy to set up in the restores our seamless.

Cons

I struggle to find any cons with the software. As compared to our previous backup software this is far and away the best. This is outperformed anything that comes to my mind.

Paul K.

Overall solid and full featured. Can be confusing for less savvy end users

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

A reliable backup software that can be precisely configured as needed

Pros

Acronis has been my personal backup software of choice for my own office for several years, it has a huge degree of configurability, could look for in a backup product.

I find that it does though, require some degree of technical awareness to configure and utilize properly

Cons

Interface can be intimidating and /or confusing, for less technically proficient and users. Can present them with too many options and choices.

Victor A.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Backup Solution for Servers

Reviewed on 2020/10/30

I thought it did the job for the most part. I would not say it's the best software out there as I have moved on from Acronis to others. Pricing is a bit high to be honest.

Pros

The layout of the interface was decent. I was able to customize it to use it for our company with branding. It did give notifications of failed backups on a regular. I was able to easily see what was backed up and when it was backed up.

Cons

I thought the pricing is a bit high. I am not sure if it was because I went through a vendor to purchase and deploy this but there were quite a bit of limitations of what I could do as an admin and user. For instance, I was not able to have 2 admins share the same interface and get notifications. Only one of the admins were able to get notifications. Again, I'm not sure if this was because our vendor did not set it up right.

Elan W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Acronis - Great Local Backup

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

For backing up my local drives while offering Ransomware protection, my experience with Acronis has been great.

Pros

The GUI and various options are easy to figure out and configure. There are many different backup options, and the on-board Ransomware protection is a plus.

Cons

The software does crash on a somewhat regular basis and appears at times to be a memory hog. However, most of the time it works just fine.

• Used Other for 1+ year

Backing up your data with Acronis

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

This is the kind of tool that fits the needs of a major part of users and you can't go wrong with it. However, given the amount of options it offers, using it for the first time can prove to be a little harder than it should and if you are in need for a simple, one-time quick backup of your data, perhaps you should consider using a less complete, more to the point tool. Otherwise, this is the tool you'll want to have.

Pros

It brings a really extensive suite of backup options that covers essentially everything that people should need when performing a backup of their data and/or operational system. The ability to backup your data to different locations (including the cloud) and to encrypt it are really nice features.

Cons

The interface could have some improvement, since it does take a little time to find your way around the tool and discover how to use it to do exactly what you need.

Sunil J.
  • Industry: Furniture

A best backup software with universal restore for servers and workstations

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Easy, more features, best in industry.

Pros

Universal restore is the best I like in this application. It can be restored to any new hardware without any headache.

Cons

This is not having a feature to use any other cloud backup providers other than their own.

Matt H.

Excellent Backup Solution

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Pretty simple to setup, backup, and restore.

Pros

Pretty simple to setup, backup, and restore. Restore jobs are quite easy.

Cons

Tech Support can be a bit sketchy if you need help with something in a hair-on-fire scenario.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

From single machines with a incremental backup, to a full server farm with disaster recovery.
It's that good.

Pros

Acronis Backup is super scalable.
Flexible.
Easy to use.
And has great reporting abilities.

Cons

Nothing to dislike other than the hard limit of 100MB for 'dowloads' rather than recoveries but I hear they're looking into this further on into the year.

Robert R.

Great Backup Solution

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Overall Acronis has been a good solution. After the initial backup, everything else is fairly quick.

Pros

Acronis is fairly easy to configure and use. I did not have any problems configuring it to backup my PC automatically. Their online documentation also seems to be fairly helpful.

Cons

Had some issues with drives being mapped on the PC and backing up to a NAS device through that mapped drive. Having the drive mapped and pointing the software to network location on the same share in the software did not work.

Harlan E.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Protect your business!

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

I tried using the built in backup software of Windows 10 and it kept erroring out. It was very frustrating! after reading a few online forums and googling theerror code, Athis back up software was recommend. and it worked

Pros

The back up software is the most important piece of software that no business can do with out in this era of Malware and Mansomware

Cons

The only thing missing from this free trial of Acronis is the ability to clone hard drives.Other than that this software fills an essential need /

Kevin Y.

Love this Program, Catch it on sale and its even better.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

Acronis is very easy to use
Has a great GUI
Backup to and from pretty much anywhere you want
Hardware independent restore is awesome, that feature alone has saved my bacon a few times.
Backup an entire machine sector by sector with a flash drive.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any problem or complaint I have with Acronis, Its a great software with much needed options and it easy to use.

Kevin R.

Acronis imaging

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

I love using Acronis to backup my desktop to my NAS and also to create images of computers that I am working on.

Pros

I like how easy and quick it is to make an image of a computer. I also REALLY like the universal restore feature, this is great for restoring a system on dissimilar hardware.

Cons

The one con I can think of is that in order to explore an image you have created, you must have the Acronis software installed on your computer to do so. Windows cannot open a .tib file on its own.

Laurence J.
  • Industry: Photography

Decent backup software

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

I do a weekly backup of the main business PC. A simple but vital task.

Pros

It works - and is easy to use. You can setup a backup schedule and let it run in the background. Adds peace of mind!

Cons

The interface is a bit clunky. But for the low cost, its fine. The useful options are hidden away somewhat.

Amos R.

Love the software and what functionality it provides

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

The ability to convert a physical to a virtual server

Pros

The software allows system backups and also allows virtual ones. I was able to get the system up and running virtually pretty quickly. Love the options of Hyper-V or VMware conversion

Cons

The options to get the backup converted to a virtual was a little difficult to do. It took going to the online help to get a successful virtual after many failed attempts.

Barry N.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Solid Backup Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Overall a great experience and dependable backup software.

Pros

I do like it's ease of use and functionality. It has been very easy to deploy and restore files and full system images.

Cons

User interface can sometimes be a little confusing.

Warren james B.

Disk cloning software

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

You are able to backup or clone full system drives so that you do not loose any information if you disk is starting to fail

Cons

The disk to disk clone feature is not always very stable and sometime does not work and you have to resort to imaging the drive and then restoring it on another drive. More time consuming

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Super Disaster Recovery Software

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

It's reliable and easy to use both in Business version and consumer version

Cons

At the time I used it, still had glitches but I know it's now solved

Ray V.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great for Backups

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

Pros

My primary use of this software was to create backups of identical PCs with identical software configurations within an office space. Having a backup always on hand allowed me to image new machines quickly without having to reinstall an entire suite of software on PCs. Given the 24x7 use of the computers, they had to be replaced relatively often.

Cons

There was nothing I disliked for what I used the software for.

Works great with most environments or for home use

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

Pros

The automatic backup configuration is by far one of the best in its class. Setup your parameters and likely, you'll never need to touch it again.

Cons

Some of the more advanced features like disk cloning felt needlessly cumbersome compared to other backup solutions.

Marc L.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

This is a review for the Acronis Cloud Backup product

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I have used this software for backing up both on-premise servers to the cloud, and backing up cloud applications such as Office 365. It is in it's second iteration now, which seems to be much improved. It has a nice multi-tenant feature so I can manage multiple client through once pool of storage. No per device or user licensing costs is very nice.

Cons

When it first came out, it required an agent, even for cloud-to-cloud backups. This is now seemingly fixed so it's less of an issue. The web interface can be painfully slow at times.

Top notch backup solution.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

It's great ransomware prevention and great software and hardware support is what makes this one of my favorite backup solutions from the ones I've tried so far.

Cons

Not many cons, but here's a couple I could think of if I nitpick:
I wished the remote management was automatic.
Doesn't include cloud storage.