Toggl Reviews

Toggl

Simple time tracking

4.6/5 (901 reviews)
Narendra V.

Awesome time tracking app!

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

I am using Toggl since 2017. And everyone at SprintCube is using Toggl for tracking their time. This helps me to focus on important things instead of micromanaging.

We use it for all our activities like meetings, development, calls, and what not. Also, this data helps us to negotiate with clients!! We can also have different reports which help us to identify the areas where and how much our time is invested.

Overall, this app is awesome and helps us to be more productive!

Pros

Toggl is a full-featured time tracking application.

- It is very simple to use.
- It provides features like idle time detection, tracking reminder.
- The app is available for all the platforms like desktop, mobile, and web. You can even integrate into the Chrome browser to easily track time on any third-party application like BitBucket, GitLab, Jira, etc.
- Powerful reports with export option. You can filter the time entries by project, client or user.
- An option to create different workspaces which help to be more organized.
- You can create a client, their projects and also assign a team to track everyone's time.
- An option to assign tags to time entries. This helps to filter reports.
- Everything is synced in the cloud, so we can use it from anywhere. Also, we don't have to worry about data backup.
- The paid version has more advanced features, but I haven't used them yet as the free version provides most of the features that I need!

Cons

In the free version, it provides all the basic features. But still, I miss the following things.

- In reports, the time entries are not grouped by date.
- The number of users in a team is just 5. It would be great to have at least 10 users for small agencies which can't afford the paid version.

Lindsay V.

We haven't considered changing tools since the beginning!

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

We have employees that use the Toggl Chrome extension and others using the desktop version. We also have it on our mobile devices. We run reports for payroll and we run reports to see how much time we spend doing a, b or c, and therefore, we are able to see what profit or loss we accumulated on a specific project, based on our original quote. It's not too complex nor too simple to meet our needs.

Pros

Toggl allows an employer to see all employees' details in one "team" location. The reports are wonderful. Toggl is easy to use. It connects well with other tools like Asana. Very few (if any) glitches/bugs on the important things. Aesthetically clean and easy to navigate. Updates quickly. I receive a weekly report of hours worked, classified by time spent per project. Great tagging system. Allows you to list your clients and projects so that everything stays organized. You can also add a description for any entry. Can easily pick up where you left off without having to re-enter the details of what you're working on. Great searching feature that allows you to see all work done in a time period, by group of employees, with certain key word or with one or multiple tags.

Cons

It would be nice if you could customize the reports more. For example, I would like to print a PDF of a report showing all time entries but not showing who was the user for each entry. There have also been some features that I've struggled to figure out how to navigate or turn off and on. For example, Toggl started creating a new entry every time I paused and resumed instead of resuming the same entry. Once resolved, it has worked great, but it took me a while to figure out what setting was causing the issue.

Nathan B.

Super simple clean time tracking software, though recent changes make it less useful

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

It's the best cloud based time tracking option out there, period.

Pros

I love that Toggl is quick to set up new projects and get to work. It shouldn't be a big deal to start tracking your time, because it's such a minimalistic task, but a lot of time trackers make it a big thing to start a project. I also like that it's cloud based, so no matter which office I'm working from, it's not a big deal. I like that it takes time entries in various formats (like I can type in 1h, or 60:00, or 1:00 and it understands them all), and I like that it's painless to switch projects (which I do every time a co-worker comes to ask me a question).

Cons

I don't like the recent changes that don't let you see your history without generating a report. I also wish it integrated with Google Calendar/Outlook and would automatically import meetings/scheduled events and tag them with the correct project (or ask me if they ought to be tagged). I also don't like that it runs until you turn it off, without reminders or updates - like it'll run 8 hours and send me a reminder, but if I ignore that single note, it stops. I would like it to send multiple updates, or have the ability to cut off, and to send me a notification/alert to start it again the next morning, because sometimes I'll forget and come back two days later to find 48 hours tracked to a single project.

Laura D.

When I get this app set up, I'll be able to track multiple projects!

Reviewed on 2018/06/10

Better organization of workflow in my business and clearer understanding of where I'm making money and losing money!

Pros

Ability to track multiple activities - my time spent on marketing my biz, billable time with clients, research hours, learning time, and if I want to track personal time I can. I want to do more with less and tracking hours for billing uses lots of time. This was recommended to me as a time saving organizational tool.

The free version is fairly robust (good details on their website https://toggl.com/feature-list/) and the help files are good. I'm a solopreneur, have started with the free version. It allows Up to 5 team members, Unlimited Projects, Reliable reporting plus 26 other features.

The Starter version is isn't a huge expense and has 41 features compared to 29 features in the free version. The Billable Rates and Rounding in Reports, and Save Reports for easy access are the two features that will be most time-saving for me. Since I'm planning to scale up, it would be useful to track subcontractors' time working on specific projects.

Cons

The app will track lots of different things so it is kind of complicated to set up. I first tried to set Toggl up on my phone as I will be tracking most of my hours on my phone. This wasn't 100% successful as my phone is small, and typing and reading details is a bit tricky. I decided to set it up on my computer then track time there and on my phone depending on where I'm working. I wanted to set up as accurately as possible to utilize it well. It's much easier to open new windows for help files and tutorials while on the computer.

The free version is very useful and I like seeing all my projects and how my time is spread among them. However, I was disappointed that the feature that would streamline my processes the most - creating billable time entries - requires purchasing a paid plan. (I recognize this is smart marketing for the growth of the business.)

Efficent tool for time/project management

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

This program helped the team to have a realistic understanding of the actual time spend in different activities. This allowed us to plan better our work and projects for the next months. We have also used it to measures the request we receive from external team in order to decide if in the future, we we can manage them internally or not.

Pros

If you don't have a lot of experience in project management or you start managing a task that is outside your daily work, it is very easy to underestimate the amount of time you need to complete it. This can cause your employees to be upset or be frustrated when trying to reach unrealistic deadlines.
Toggl is a very simple tool, but help you understand how many time you have dedicated to a task so you will have a better understanding in how your time is allocated in certain activities. This is very useful when showing clients or management how much time and resources was really needed for each project phase.
Toggl offers the ability to label projects, create groups and sends reminders when you left your timer running for too long. It also have a reporting sessions that is mainly basic but contains all the important information you might need for simple reports, To start working with the tool is very easy and it requires only a few minutes to create your account and set up.

Cons

My only complaint so far is the trial version allows you to add only 5 team members on your group. It is a pity, because this small limit, does not allow you to understand how powerful this tool is when managing the tasks/times of big teams

Brandon Z.

Full featured and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Toggl makes it extremely easy for me to track time spent on various tasks/projects/clients. After trying Toggl for myself, I finally understand why they're so popular.

Pros

In comparing several time-tracking tools, Toggl ended up being the clear winner.

Toggl has an interface that looks nice and is user friendly.

When trying to track the time I spend working on a project, it is imperative that the process of the logging the time is as frictionless as possible. Toggl did a great job.

Hours was a close tie in terms of the web app experience. Hours looked a little nicer, but was a little too minimalistic. Toggl provided the tools I actually needed. But the Mac app is what really sealed the deal for Toggl. There are times when I forget to stop the timer, and the Mac app allows Toggl to detect idle time and ask me if I want to keep it or discard it. This is absolutely a must-have feature.

I should also mention: The chronological view of when and for how long I've worked on projects/clients in a given day: This was also a feature I wanted to have, and luckily Toggle includes in the "Timeline" view.

Cons

There's an awesome feature called Timeline which shows you a graph of what programs your using as you work on different projects... at least I think that's what it does. So far it hasn't populated with any data. It's supposed to pull data from the Mac app if you have "Record Timeline" checked, but it's not.

Toggl sent out a nice "Need any help" type email and I took advantage of this to ask about the Timeline issue. However, I haven't received any reply. Hopefully they'll reply eventually...

One minor con: In the chronological view (Timeline) you can't click on the timeline to manually input some time. This is nice and easy in Hours.

Hours also makes it so easy to know when "now" is. In toggl, the current time isn't indicated. Unfortunate, but not a deal breaker.

Emilie G.

Very handy tool for keeping track of time spent on multiple projects

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

I love using Toggl to track my time as a freelancer! My clients appreciate that I can give them an exact breakdown of where my time goes, and it helps me maintain focus on my various projects.

Pros

As a freelancer that needs to keep track of my hours spent working for multiple clients and across multiple projects, I LOVE Toggl. I cannot stress enough how much easier this has made it for me to track my time and accurately assess what I'm spending the most time on. I especially love:
- Toggl's free plan includes enough basic features that you can get a good feel for the software without having to commit
- Ability to break down tasks within projects means helps keep timesheets as specific as possible, which my clients appreciate
- Chrome extension is very easy to use, and reminds me to track my time whenever I'm online
- Autotracker and idle time features are both extremely helpful for holding me accountable + keeping my hours accurate

Cons

In my opinion, Toggl is the best time-tracking software on the market right now. That being said, if I had to list potential future improvements:
- As someone that multitasks / hops around between projects pretty regularly, I wish there was a way to run multiple timers at once or otherwise account for this
- Mobile app, while a handy offering, isn't as easy to navigate as the desktop application

Dipin R.

Best ever time tracking app

Reviewed on 2018/10/13

Pros

The best part about Toggle is that I can see all my representative detail in one look! The application is basic and direct to utilize and route. We can get to the undertakings by means of work area PC, versatile or any gadget. We can include notes and remarks for every section, subsequently its simple to sort and compose passages. Accessibility highlight is exceptionally hearty, with only a watchword I get every one of the insights about the undertakings. I simply love the manner in which it identifies inert time and tells me if to dispose of it. Base clients like us can utilize the free form, it gives a considerable measure of highlights. You get the opportunity to perceive how well the assignments have advanced on consistent schedule. Indeed, even the essential form has awesome announcing and fare highlights, be it Pdf or word or exceed expectations, no stresses!

Cons

The vast majority of the organizations for the most part incline toward a venture administration framework with a period following module instead of only a period tracker, so if the application would give venture administration as well, it would be simply heavenly! There were circumstances I experienced bugs as I had to go at exchanging between workstations. We can't utilize the device in disconnected mode.

Sebastian P.

Overall an amazing app you must have to TRACK Your Time & also for your people !

Reviewed on 2016/02/17

I really love this app and I think more people need to have this time tracking application in their toolkit for 2016.

I tested a lot of apps like this but Toggl really impressed me not only by the features, performance, design and cost effective but also by the fast responses I got from Toggl Team. They sent to me also some interesting gifts in february 2016 and I really think I will recommend to all of my clients (I already shared it on my twitter and other online social networks as well)

I depend on it so much. I can't imagine another week without toggl reports that shows me where my time was spent, if I was effective or not and so much more.

It's so important to know your cashflow and there are a lot of tools out there for tracking that, but what are you using for your "timeflow" ??? Toggl cames with a lot of amazing features here like, clean design, amazing suport, performance in place, available for android, windows, in browser, applications and so on...

Toggl has been also my #1 go to for recording my time to bill clients. I couldn't even imagine manually writing time down :))

I think that Toggl is indeed extremely helpful in making sure that everyone knows how they are spending at least their work life so they can identify the trends, patterns and repetitive things that consume this precious resource called "time" ! I'm so grateful to have found it!

Thank you Toggl for helping me keep my time straight and helping my Business !

Pros

Amazing support
Easy to Use
Great Performance
"sexy" reports
Clean Design
Having a Clean Dashboard with the important information time-related
& more :)

Overall, let's face it...is just an App..but an Amazing one you should try it to Increase the quality of your life and Performance of your Business by spending the time in a more efficient & effective way as possible !

Cons

I can't use it without having the Internet On. (will be a great idea to have an option to track the time spent on your laptop and when you have the wiffi available again to sync the time)

Chadsey L.

Super easy to use

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Wonderful, no real complaints so far and making the switch to Toggl has been great. We have converted most of our team to Togggl and are excited to bring in some of the integrations that come with paid plans to be able to eliminate some of the admin duties and close some of the cracks we find in communication from time to time.

Pros

The lack of ads is wonderful! I use the free version and have found Toggl makes things much simpler for me. The reporting is great and the amount of tools offered in the free version is great. I switched from another product and my reporting of where my time is going has never been more detailed and has helped me keep on track. Tracking time is super quick and easy, especially on task that I do week after week, Toggl stores the information and auto-populates so it saves me those few seconds and gets me working faster. I love it. I also love sending in such a detailed and good looking timesheet each period, way better than just a csv boring spreadsheet. I know we are only scratching the surface with what Toggl can do, hopefully as we grow our Toggl use and team will grow too to be able to streamline even more with their integrations.

Cons

The only thing so far that inconveniences me is the inability to export reports on the Android app. I don't know if that is something that is coming to it eventually, or if that is only available with a different level of plan. But I am 80% of the time mobile and need to send in reports on the go, which isn't too much of a problem that I am always with a laptop. But having to go that extra step does cost me a few minutes here and there. Exporting from mobile would be a huge help.

Perfect Timekeeping for COnsultants

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

As an independent management consultant, I need to keep track of the hours I spend working on various projects with multiple clients. Not only does this help me bill appropriately, it also helps the client know exactly where their money is going when they work with me. This is the first program I tried for timekeeping and over two years, I have never felt the need to switch to try or switch to any other program.

Pros

I have used Toggl from the moment I started my consulting business. I love that it has both the "timer" feature as well as the "manual" feature, which is what I use the most. I appreciate how I can have unlimited clients and projects for those clients. The reports I can run from Toggl are perfect: I can run by week, month, or custom time period and by client + all projects, or just by project. I run & download the colorful monthly reports and provide this information to my clients, and they really appreciate the detail.

Toggl is easy to use, has great features even in the free version, and does everything I need for it to do.

Cons

I have yet to find anything about Toggle that I don't like. I recommend it to every consultant that I meet who asks "What do you use to keep track of your time?"

Easy to log time with toggl.

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Toggl has all the features that a time management solution needs, a simple UI, working feature and reporting ability. I highly recommended toggl.

Pros

It is very simple to use, and manual time logging just workes. I am not a very time management person, but I have limited time so I need to manage it very efficiently, for which I signup for toggl, for helping me with time management.
It is a really very smooth experience and working in toggle. The browser-based system helps me to log my time on a project from anywhere, office, home, or from a cafe.
With unlimited project and client now I can manage all my projects into one place which is a big feature for me.
The report exporting helps me to get an overview of my work, and minimize time waste.

Cons

It's a perfect solution for me to use and didn't find any cons yet.

Amanda G.

Simple, easy time tracking

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

I've used Toggl for the past few years as a quick and inexpensive way to track my time between multiple projects and report the ratio of time spent between them. The software boasts plenty of features for the base/free version (which is the version I use) along with basic reporting. The design is attractive and minimal while the time-tracking pages are easy to use and view. I would recommend this product to others looking for a basic time tracking software.

Pros

I love the minimal, user-friendly design of this software. Daily time-tracking is easy to complete and view in list-view. I am currently using the free version and really appreciate the reporting tools they provide, even for base users.

Cons

There are a few bugs here and there with Toggl when switching between workspaces, but they haven't deterred me from using the product. When trying to view a report for a workspace it seems that you need to have it set as your primary workspace, there is no way to switch between different workspaces in the reporting tab.

Melissa D.

Easiest time tracker you'll ever use

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

I like that Toggl is easy to use. Minimal setup required. Create your account and start tracking your time.

I also like that the system gives you the ability to add client names, and create different projects under one client "folder". The system sends you handy weekly summaries to show you how many hours you spent on your projects over the previous week.

You can generate reports to send to clients, as well as get an overview over the last few months to see how your time was divided amongst projects.

Even if you don't bill hourly (I don't), it still helps you determine how long you've taken on a project, so that you can better estimate how long a certain type of project takes you. This way you can bill more accurately and helps to ensure that you're making profit.

Cons

I wish there were more colours to choose from when assigning clients a colour. Once I've used them all once, it becomes more of a challenge to quickly associate clients with colours in my mind. But that's pretty minor. But I think that's a potential improvement for future (albeit a small one).

Mark D.

Really helpful to see how you're spending your time

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

I credit our use of Toggl as a primary driver in getting additional resources in our department. We were able to visually prove how much time was spent on entry level tasks by staff who were trained to do much higher level tasks. We used the data collected from Toggl to advocate for an entry level staff person to free time up for others to work on higher level, more big picture work.

Pros

Very easy to set-up and use. You can create projects and group tasks together to get an idea for a given week how much time you spent in meetings, on a project, or working on specific tasks. It allowed me to advocate for myself and my team for additional resources as we were able to prove how much time we spent on a weekly basis doing tasks that could be delegated or improved. The ability to provide my leadership team a visual representation of my time and my staffs time was invaluable during budgeting and resource allocation time. You were able to manually enter time if you forgot to start your clock or end the clock. Toggl has countless integrations so you're always able to start and stop time and accurately record your time from any device, anywhere.

Cons

No major issues to report. Obviously, it's incumbent upon the user to record their time accurately. Overall, the experience was tremendous and I have not complaints.

Toggl was a great way to track our time, until we found something better

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

It was very easy to get staff up and running and trained on how you use the application. We liked the visual indicators to differentiate between projects, and the various views to see daily and weekly progress.
We definitely improved our tracking, and therefore our billing, and the ability to quickly and easily switch to different projects meant there was little to no downtime for our staff.

Pros

Toggl was a great find when we started realizing we needed to do a better job of tracking time. The best features are the easy to use UI, and a display that shows the user a task by task view of how their day progressed, as well as a consolidated weekly view where you can see a more holistic view of where time was spent. The dropdown project selections are very intuitive and when you forget to stop tracking, it is easy to add manual time.

Cons

A downside to adding manual time is that you have to interrupt your time tracking to do it, unless it was earlier in the day. Ultimately, what made us move away from Toggl is that we realized we were paying for multiple tools that were really good at 1-2 things, and we needed a more complete system. We ended up migrating off of Toggl and a few other applications for a more robust project management system that also had a time tracking module, saving the company quite a bit of money in doing so.

James Y.

Dead Simple Time Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

When we get lost in the details and need an objective reality check on where our time is going... Toggle is there to save the day.

Pros

Time tracking shouldn't take a lot of time. It also shouldn't get in the way of what you're trying to do. Toggl doesn't do either - making it the perfect tool if you're looking to stay on top of your day, down to the minute. It's simple to use, allows you track across all your projects and activities and even lets you share reports with others. And it's easy to use. Plus they have an app for any device you can throw at them, which means you have no excuses not to know where you're putting your time and attention.

Cons

The only thing lacking from toggl is a physical button or device integration. There are a few physical time tracking devices out there, but their integrations with Toggl leave a lot to be desired. To be fair though, this isn't Toggl's fault, but rather the maker of the devices - but still... it would be great if Toggle worked closesly with developers using their APIs to ensure that the physical experience of Toggl is just as great as the digital version!

Track time simply and effectively using Toggl

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Overall, Toggl has made my life as both an employee and a manager a lot easier. It's really simple to track my time, and it's just as easy to pull reports to see how much time is being spent on specific tasks, specific projects and how people spend their time.

I also do some freelancing on the side and use the free version of Toggl for that - it doesn't have as many features as the paid versions but it works just fine for my little side gig. Can't live without it for the office or freelancing!

Pros

Toggl allows you to add multiple projects, which is really helpful. However, my favorite feature is just how EASY it is to change what you're tracking quickly. There is nothing worse than doing lots of small tasks - replying to client emails with one line responses, checking in on someone's project, and having the time tracker take longer than the actual task itself. Changing tasks in Toggl take no more than a few seconds and has saved me a ton of time over the years.

Cons

I find the Chrome button to be pretty buggy and typically just had to use the website for tracking. Not a huge deal at all, but it would be really convenient to be able to use the button 100% of the time.

Rebecca B.

Has enabled me to turn time tracking into a habit!

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Has really allowed me to get an objective grasp on how my time (both work and leisure) is split up and helps me work out how to spend my time better. Really recommend!

Pros

-This just makes time-tracking so easy! I had always thought time-tracking was a good idea, but was never able to make a habit out of it. However, this app just makes it really simple to have different timers for different tasks, and the charts and analysis of your time use is really great.
- Love that there is an unpaid version and a paid version (paid version gives me peace of mind that the business model is sustainable and so the software will be around for a good while)

Cons

- I think it's a bit difficult for users to understand the utility of this software before they use it. For example, I initially thought 'well, why do I need a devoted app for this? I can just set a timer for each task and jot the times down in a notebook'. I think there needs to be more emphasis on why doing things this way isn't good (it involves much more cognitive fricture and makes it much harder for time-tracking to become a habit), rather than just emphasis on the positive features.
- The name seems to be difficult for some people, as the spelling is somewhat unusual. Fine if you're writing it down for someone, but a friend suggested it to me in conversation and it took me a while to find it because I was searching for 'toggle'.

Great Free Version

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

Desktop timer window and mobile app in addition to the website. Can make timer window float and see timer numbers in menu bar. Can ask for automatic notifications/reminders based on idle time or time you’re active but not timing. The idle time feature is awesome to prevent forgetting to stop the timer and trying to guess later when I stepped away (it can automatically cut that time for you). Simple layout. Nice dashboard and weekly reports by email. Easy to edit start and end times, tags, etc. Convenient to be able to click the Play icon on any recent task to continue work on that same task with all the same tags, etc.

Cons

Mobile app is very limited compared to website version. For example, I would really like to be able to add and edit clients and projects from the app. Would be nice to get the idle time/reminder notifications on mobile as well. It’s really easy to forget you’re timing if you’re actually using the phone to get work done (whenever Toggl isn’t the app on top).

April S.

Simple, easy to use time tracker

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

I use it to keep track of time by certain clients. One client originally requested that I use it and since it was so easy to use, I started using it for other clients and projects.

Pros

What I like the most about this is that is it super easy to use! For straight forward time tracking, it works great. You can break down your time by clients, projects, etc.

Cons

There is not much to say that is negative. If you're looking for a straight forward time tracker to use for yourself or employees, this will work.

Stanislav G.

The Only Time Tracker a Freelancer Needs

Reviewed on 2019/03/02

I've been using Toggl when doing freelance work and have loved it. You can use the desktop client or the web client - they sync in real time. Reports are awesome and my clients love them

Pros

It's very simple to use and provides several tiers to organize time into. The tool allows you to have workspaces and in each workspace you have further breakdowns: client -> project -> task. This allows for very good organization of your time spent and convenient reports, where you can segment time based on each of these criteria. It marks each task with a different highlight color making it easy to identify.
When starting the timer you can either click start and then type your task or project to choose it from a drop down, or you simply scroll through the history of logged entries and just click on any to resume working on it.

Cons

The mobile version didn't have a lot of functionality until recently, but now that is improved.

Samantha T.

Easy to use and very functional time tracker that helped me as a freelance worker

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

easy time tracking and I can easily export my timesheets and send to clients.

Pros

I like that it's free, and even though it is free, the features are functional and you get everything you need for a basic time tracker with reports that can be exported as a PDF or Excel file. I didn't need to purchase the upgrade because I'm a solo user and the features available for the free version are all I really need. I did have a project where I collaborate with a couple other people and again, even on the free version, I was able to use the workspace/team feature with no problems. It made tracking time within the team easy.

Cons

I don't have any issues with Toggl, and have used this for more than 5 years in my line of work and business. I would probably recommend a setting where you can't edit the entries for members of the team, or for non-owners so that the time tracker is accurate and not manipulated.

Stephen J.

Accurate and simple time tracking with great reporting

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

The most important thig about time tracking is it must be simple and easy to use. Just press play if you're starting "something" and catgeorise it later. Press play on a task you were doing before and tweak if needed. Set up categories and tags to easily select for reporting later. Simply and intuitively adjust start and end times if you forgot to press start or stop. All web based. Simple but useful reporting, I use for tracking types of work done and overtime.

Cons

Working out the relationships between teams and workspaces and projects is a little complex, but it's not needed for basic time tracking and gives a lot of flexibility and collaboration options when you do master it.
Recently the mobile app syncs poorly so even if I do manage to connect it may not stop the timer when I have left my desk. But the interface worked well when it did sync correctly.

Maciej S.

With this software I regained the control of time.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

I got rid of procrastination and gained control over time.

Pros

Thanks to Toggle I could finally forget about timesheets. It does all the calculations for you. Now I don't start any task without hitting "start" with Toggl. It also helps me to control workload of the entire team.
The speed and ease of use it true. The app is very light and the interface is very minimalist, does not distract and allows you to quickly set the proper parameters.
It improves overall productivity, a lot, and kill procrastination.

Cons

There were several bugs during software development but now it's ok. At the beginning it takes much time to set up everything (projects, clients, etc.), but later it pays off. The reporting could be more automate (like summary+details) and generate more precise file names. I get lost a sometimes when I try to collect monthly reports from the whole team.