1 109 reviews
4,4
1 109 reviews
Nathan B.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Super simple clean time tracking software, though recent changes make it less useful

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

It's the best cloud based time tracking option out there, period.

Pros

I love that Toggl is quick to set up new projects and get to work. It shouldn't be a big deal to start tracking your time, because it's such a minimalistic task, but a lot of time trackers make it a big thing to start a project. I also like that it's cloud based, so no matter which office I'm working from, it's not a big deal. I like that it takes time entries in various formats (like I can type in 1h, or 60:00, or 1:00 and it understands them all), and I like that it's painless to switch projects (which I do every time a co-worker comes to ask me a question).

Cons

I don't like the recent changes that don't let you see your history without generating a report. I also wish it integrated with Google Calendar/Outlook and would automatically import meetings/scheduled events and tag them with the correct project (or ask me if they ought to be tagged). I also don't like that it runs until you turn it off, without reminders or updates - like it'll run 8 hours and send me a reminder, but if I ignore that single note, it stops. I would like it to send multiple updates, or have the ability to cut off, and to send me a notification/alert to start it again the next morning, because sometimes I'll forget and come back two days later to find 48 hours tracked to a single project.

Lisandro R.
Industry: E-Learning

Toggl is the best time tracking software

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

We've been using Toggl in our business for over a year. It's key to track the time it takes to do certain tasks. We didn't know that when we started and we weren't tracking anything. When we found that out, we started tracking our times manually (writing the time of start and the time we ended in Evernote) This activity itself took too much time. But when we discovered Toggl it was productivity-changing! It's essential for our daily activities now. We considered many options like RescueTime and others I don't remember but found Toggl to be the most straightforward/easy to use

Pros

How EASY it is to use the features. I love that it remembers past entries so you don't need to retype any frequent activities. Also, the reports are really detailed. And I really appreciate it when I get an email from Toggl because I forgot to stop the timer; really useful!

Cons

The fact that it has not a mobile version of their site. The Toggl app was a total mess since the day I installed even though they tried to fix the issues updating the app several times (and even making a NEW app) but with no results. So when using my phone, I rely on their website to access my Toggl timer and reports but it looks terrible on phones. Also, their reports are not directly accessed via the Toggl desktop program but it opens the website (so when I have no internet access I cannot see it; it would be cool if I could).

Brian S.

Since 2015, Toggl has been my only time-tracking app

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

The basic time-tracking aspect cannot be understated, it's dead simple to use out of the box. I have used other time-tracking apps that turned out to be bundled together with invoicing and I simply don't need that. I bill fixed retainers and only record hours for internal purposes so that I can course correct if I am ahead or behind on work and fix time-sucks. Other tools like Harvest wanted to integrate it all and it was heavy.

I can't remember how I found Toggl but it was perfect. I had a hard time understanding the difference between Clients & Projects, at first. It was easy to pick up but I think I got confused with a UI change years ago. No problems since.

Pros

Out of the box, simple to use.
Simple pricing and a free tier.
The reporting is really simple but has 4 default views. This makes analysis really easy, knowing that I can see my work for an individual client over the course of a week, month, or year with just a couple clicks.

Cons

I have found the latest UI update has made clicking the Start button in the web UI to be pretty slow, I end up having to click it twice a lot and that is annoying.

Janen G.
Industry: Accounting

A Great Standalone Time-Tracker

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/28

Toggl is a simple software for simple needs – top level project management and time-tracking. And that's perfectly fine as long as you don't need anything else. If you are a freelancer who bills by the hour and just needs to track the billable and non-billable hours of the project then this is it. Toggl lets you do just that. When your needs get more complicated and you get tired of using 15 different apps to manage your projects then you naturally start looking for other alternatives.

Pros

I started using Toggl as I needed a good project and task management tool with a native time tracker. I put a major emphasis on the time tracking part and Toggl has a free plan, which makes it an obvious first choice. Toggl does have some definite pros – its time tracking is extremely simple and practical. Toggl has a good mobile app with calendar features. If you are a freelancer or work in a small team and your project management needs do not require too many features – or it's not a problem to use other software to satisfy any additional needs – than Toggl just may be the most practical choice. Its simplicity as a time tracker is its greatest strenght.

Cons

Toggl's simplicity is a major downside when there are layers of complexity that you really need from your project management system. Though this may have changed depending when you are reading this review. Toggl has (as of September 2020) 2 more apps aside traditional time tracking: Toggl Plan for simple project management (Kanban and timeline features) and Toggl Hire for recruiting. These are new features launched in 2020 and it seems that the company is going to crank out new features regularly – so stay tuned. But it seems that the company's chosen customer base are those who enjoy simple software experiences that require a pretty low learning curve. If that's for you then great, but if you enjoy a sandbox that allows you to build almost whatever you want from scratch then Toggl likely isn't going to satisfy you for very long.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Graphic Design

We have been tracking our time for many years

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

We started using toggl more than five years ago as task tracking, timesheet generation and reporting. The data has provided insight into how much time is spent on random things and how productive one's team actually is. And helps project managers to plan and achieve realistic timeframes. I haven't made use of the premium features. However the features available include multiple workspace (I have one for my personal projects), manual & live time tracking, calender view, a game-like achievements , coloured clients, projects, tags and export & reporting tools. I have and will recommend Toggl

Pros

The app and most functions are free for teams less than 5 members. This is great as we are a minute company. The desktop app is great to use to track your time, task switching and can setup hour intervals with a notice popping up to remind you to track your time..

Cons

The recent colour change to pink/purple is a bit weird on the user interface. But that's just my subjective opinion

Industry: Entertainment
Company size: Self Employed

Best Time Tracker, hands down!

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

My time was slipping away and I didn't know where it was all going. Waiting for files to render means 4-10 minutes of time twiddling my thumbs; then picking up on some other task like replying to emails that I would like to do for the ten minutes. That quickly turns into 40 minutes and then the momentum is gone! I don't know how long Ive been working on what and then all of a sudden its 5pm and its all over!

Toggl makes the day seem worth it. When you can accurately track your time you can see where you are slipping up; going over; losing money and it helps get over the pitfalls of a busy and variety filled work day. If you work with multiple clients, have many different types of tasks, or you want to know how much to bill a client (a function I didnt use it for as I work for myself) Toggl is the job. I can think of so many more uses for it that don't apply to me or my business but its robust and really well integrated with loads of other apps.

Pros

Toggl is so easy to use! There is an auto function that gathers info on what you are doing on your computer and you can then review the items in 15 minute chunks; by app, by webpage or by document. Its such an easy way to automatically track your time so you aren't fussing with buttons etc. Really easy and beautiful interface too. The app integrations are great and work with apps like Asana and Trello really well.

Cons

Some small bugs when switching from apps too quickly and the mobile app doesn't have the same amount of functionality as the desktop version (which is to be expected of course) Other than that its pretty solid.

Sagar P.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use, Effective, Efficient and Productive

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I have been using Toggl for more than 6 months. It helps me to see where and how much time I am spending.

Pros

1. Available across all major platforms like Android, Apple, Windows and Chrome.
2. Tags.
3. Reports.
4. Suggestions of time entries based on history as we write to enter new time and task entry.

Cons

1. Lags too much.
2. Errors in automatic tag entries.
3. We have to stop timer first to enter manual entry.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jonathan O.

Track Time Better

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

We use Toggl everyday as a small website development agency to track numerous projects from start to finish. Being able to add clients and tasks is important to us and tracking project cost is high on our list.

Pros

It's easy to set up new clients or projects within those clients and see in list view what work has been tracked. I also like how I can get reports easily for myself and my teammates within Toggl to generate invoices from. Color coded clients/projects make it easier to track visually as well along the listings.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to find exactly what you need when filtering reports for the month.

Heinrich E.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Toggl Track - Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

My experience has been great. I mainly use it as a time recording system, I know it has many additional features, but I just need a simple tme recording system with good quality reporting. Toggl Track provides that to me.

Reporting function
Linking Clients to Projects

Cons

Nothing, I love the product, I do not think there is an aspect that I do not like

Sajra B.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Toggl review

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

It is really customizable to the individual needs so you can clock in and out on each task, or just at the end of the day track all your tasks and projects. It helps junior team member to calculate their time, and it gives autonomy to senior team members .

Pros

Toggl is really easy to use and since it is well integrated with Asana it helps track time on any individual task.
The reporting section helps in creating team performance reports and project management reports at the end of the month.

Cons

Really simple and easy to use, there is no dislike for this software. Free trial is also very beneficial for smaller teams that just starting their business.

Company size: Self Employed

A solid offering in the time-tracking space.

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Overall, it does what I need to. I have tried many MANY time tracking softwares over the years, including the time tracker included with FreshBooks - which you would think I'd use as it integrates directly with my billing - but I kept coming back to and using Toggl, despite the few hiccups I encounter.

Pros

The key for me here is its ability to integrate with my project management software: Asana. Beyond that, I think they have a good cross-platform presence with their easy-to-use mobile app and, desktop (Windows) app and web app; I use all 3 regularly but the desktop client the most. Oh yeah, and the Chrome extension.

Cons

Its cross-platform nature also proves to be a challenge (at lest for me). There are 4 places I set it up (see Pros) and sometimes they conflict / send duplicate messages / aren't in sync or don't sync very quickly. If you're on one computer, this isn't an issue but when moving between devices this isn't as seamless as I'd like. Part of this might be attributed to my own connectivity challenges at times and the configuration of each client on every system. The thing is, I don't need notifications from the web app and desktop client and the desktop client on my laptop next to me. But the Chrome extension is required to sync with Asana and I prefer to use the desktop client when, well, I'm at my desktop. So... short of going in and honing which notifications show where, it remains an issue. I have done this, yet I tend to format my system a few times a year and having no way to "remember" these settings becomes a pain.

I also spend more time than I'd like correcting tags, and making sure tasks are categorized properly. There's an odd bug in the Asana integration that forces me to use a mouse to add tags rather than keeping my hands on my keyboard. A small nitpick but it does mess with my flow.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Narendra V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Awesome time tracking app!

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

I am using Toggl since 2017. And everyone at SprintCube is using Toggl for tracking their time. This helps me to focus on important things instead of micromanaging.

We use it for all our activities like meetings, development, calls, and what not. Also, this data helps us to negotiate with clients!! We can also have different reports which help us to identify the areas where and how much our time is invested.

Overall, this app is awesome and helps us to be more productive!

Pros

Toggl is a full-featured time tracking application.

- It is very simple to use.
- It provides features like idle time detection, tracking reminder.
- The app is available for all the platforms like desktop, mobile, and web. You can even integrate into the Chrome browser to easily track time on any third-party application like BitBucket, GitLab, Jira, etc.
- Powerful reports with export option. You can filter the time entries by project, client or user.
- An option to create different workspaces which help to be more organized.
- You can create a client, their projects and also assign a team to track everyone's time.
- An option to assign tags to time entries. This helps to filter reports.
- Everything is synced in the cloud, so we can use it from anywhere. Also, we don't have to worry about data backup.
- The paid version has more advanced features, but I haven't used them yet as the free version provides most of the features that I need!

Cons

In the free version, it provides all the basic features. But still, I miss the following things.

- In reports, the time entries are not grouped by date.
- The number of users in a team is just 5. It would be great to have at least 10 users for small agencies which can't afford the paid version.

Lindsay V.
Industry: Media Production

We haven't considered changing tools since the beginning!

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

We have employees that use the Toggl Chrome extension and others using the desktop version. We also have it on our mobile devices. We run reports for payroll and we run reports to see how much time we spend doing a, b or c, and therefore, we are able to see what profit or loss we accumulated on a specific project, based on our original quote. It's not too complex nor too simple to meet our needs.

Pros

Toggl allows an employer to see all employees' details in one "team" location. The reports are wonderful. Toggl is easy to use. It connects well with other tools like Asana. Very few (if any) glitches/bugs on the important things. Aesthetically clean and easy to navigate. Updates quickly. I receive a weekly report of hours worked, classified by time spent per project. Great tagging system. Allows you to list your clients and projects so that everything stays organized. You can also add a description for any entry. Can easily pick up where you left off without having to re-enter the details of what you're working on. Great searching feature that allows you to see all work done in a time period, by group of employees, with certain key word or with one or multiple tags.

Cons

It would be nice if you could customize the reports more. For example, I would like to print a PDF of a report showing all time entries but not showing who was the user for each entry. There have also been some features that I've struggled to figure out how to navigate or turn off and on. For example, Toggl started creating a new entry every time I paused and resumed instead of resuming the same entry. Once resolved, it has worked great, but it took me a while to figure out what setting was causing the issue.

Michael B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

There's no reason to use any other software for your time tracking

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

I feel like such a freeloader because I've always used the free version of toggl and it has been more than I need for all of my time tracking needs. I started out using it as a freelancer, and it still works at the free level for me even with a couple of team members.

I absolutely love Toggl, so the least I can do is leave this review for them.

Pros

I love the simple interface and how it provides the option to discard your inactive time (for those cases where you leave your desk and forget to pause your timer), keep your time as part of your existing time tracking project, or save the time to a new time tracking project.

Cons

I've been using the software for over 5 years. Initially there were some hiccups, but that has all been ironed out now. This is as close as you get to perfect software that does exactly what you want it to do.

Rachel H.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Track Your Time with Ease

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Contractors on our team can easily track how much time they spend on projects so they not only know how much they should be paid, but also how much time the different aspects of their projects take. For our full-time staff, Toggl has helped us recognize which projects are demanding too much time and where additional hires are necessary to help us accomplish projects efficiently. We have used Toggl data to pitch multiple hires within our organization because it helps people outside our department grasp the time demanded by projects they may not fully understand.

Pros

Toggl is INCREDIBLY easy to use. The desktop app allows me to quickly switch between tasks and projects without feeling like I'm wasting my time trying to track my time. In the web browser, I can quickly pull reports to show how much time I've spent on a specific project and/or during a specific time period. Our team can also share these with our supervisor so she can see where our hours are going and use this data to pitch/justify new hires. Toggl's customer support is FANTASTIC if you have questions or need help using the software efficiently.

Cons

It takes a bit of time and effort on the front end to determine what major buckets ("Projects") your job requires so you can categorize your tasks efficiently and make it accessible for the right reports, but once you get that straightened out, we haven't experienced any other issues.

Laura D.

When I get this app set up, I'll be able to track multiple projects!

Reviewed on 2018/06/10

Better organization of workflow in my business and clearer understanding of where I'm making money and losing money!

Pros

Ability to track multiple activities - my time spent on marketing my biz, billable time with clients, research hours, learning time, and if I want to track personal time I can. I want to do more with less and tracking hours for billing uses lots of time. This was recommended to me as a time saving organizational tool.

The free version is fairly robust (good details on their website https://toggl.com/feature-list/) and the help files are good. I'm a solopreneur, have started with the free version. It allows Up to 5 team members, Unlimited Projects, Reliable reporting plus 26 other features.

The Starter version is isn't a huge expense and has 41 features compared to 29 features in the free version. The Billable Rates and Rounding in Reports, and Save Reports for easy access are the two features that will be most time-saving for me. Since I'm planning to scale up, it would be useful to track subcontractors' time working on specific projects.

Cons

The app will track lots of different things so it is kind of complicated to set up. I first tried to set Toggl up on my phone as I will be tracking most of my hours on my phone. This wasn't 100% successful as my phone is small, and typing and reading details is a bit tricky. I decided to set it up on my computer then track time there and on my phone depending on where I'm working. I wanted to set up as accurately as possible to utilize it well. It's much easier to open new windows for help files and tutorials while on the computer.

The free version is very useful and I like seeing all my projects and how my time is spread among them. However, I was disappointed that the feature that would streamline my processes the most - creating billable time entries - requires purchasing a paid plan. (I recognize this is smart marketing for the growth of the business.)

Raitis G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The easiest to use time tracker out there

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Go for it if you need to start tracking your time without every beginning of an entry requiring you to type in a load information before the timer starts.

Try with patience if you plan to use the browser version and the app simultaneously as the sync is way off. If you only stick to a single device to start and stop, be it the mobile app or browser version - it's all good.

P.S. It might be that the desktop app solves this issue, but I'm not overly fond of installing something separately.

Pros

+ I needed something that I can start and edit later to avoid distractions. This does it perfectly. You can start a timer and give it a description and project later (a surprisingly small amount of products had this).
+ A great set of features even for a free user (report exports, long history).
+ Handy renaming of more than a single entry.

Cons

- The one and only thing that frustrates me is the awful sync between the desktop and mobile. I have since stopped using the mobile app and keep a tab open on my PC to start and stop when I need it. Not a huge issue for me as time tracking is usually work related.

Industry: Internet

Efficent tool for time/project management

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

This program helped the team to have a realistic understanding of the actual time spend in different activities. This allowed us to plan better our work and projects for the next months. We have also used it to measures the request we receive from external team in order to decide if in the future, we we can manage them internally or not.

Pros

If you don't have a lot of experience in project management or you start managing a task that is outside your daily work, it is very easy to underestimate the amount of time you need to complete it. This can cause your employees to be upset or be frustrated when trying to reach unrealistic deadlines.
Toggl is a very simple tool, but help you understand how many time you have dedicated to a task so you will have a better understanding in how your time is allocated in certain activities. This is very useful when showing clients or management how much time and resources was really needed for each project phase.
Toggl offers the ability to label projects, create groups and sends reminders when you left your timer running for too long. It also have a reporting sessions that is mainly basic but contains all the important information you might need for simple reports, To start working with the tool is very easy and it requires only a few minutes to create your account and set up.

Cons

My only complaint so far is the trial version allows you to add only 5 team members on your group. It is a pity, because this small limit, does not allow you to understand how powerful this tool is when managing the tasks/times of big teams

Brandon Z.

Full featured and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Toggl makes it extremely easy for me to track time spent on various tasks/projects/clients. After trying Toggl for myself, I finally understand why they're so popular.

Pros

In comparing several time-tracking tools, Toggl ended up being the clear winner.

Toggl has an interface that looks nice and is user friendly.

When trying to track the time I spend working on a project, it is imperative that the process of the logging the time is as frictionless as possible. Toggl did a great job.

Hours was a close tie in terms of the web app experience. Hours looked a little nicer, but was a little too minimalistic. Toggl provided the tools I actually needed. But the Mac app is what really sealed the deal for Toggl. There are times when I forget to stop the timer, and the Mac app allows Toggl to detect idle time and ask me if I want to keep it or discard it. This is absolutely a must-have feature.

I should also mention: The chronological view of when and for how long I've worked on projects/clients in a given day: This was also a feature I wanted to have, and luckily Toggle includes in the "Timeline" view.

Cons

There's an awesome feature called Timeline which shows you a graph of what programs your using as you work on different projects... at least I think that's what it does. So far it hasn't populated with any data. It's supposed to pull data from the Mac app if you have "Record Timeline" checked, but it's not.

Toggl sent out a nice "Need any help" type email and I took advantage of this to ask about the Timeline issue. However, I haven't received any reply. Hopefully they'll reply eventually...

One minor con: In the chronological view (Timeline) you can't click on the timeline to manually input some time. This is nice and easy in Hours.

Hours also makes it so easy to know when "now" is. In toggl, the current time isn't indicated. Unfortunate, but not a deal breaker.

Emilie G.
Industry: Events Services

Very handy tool for keeping track of time spent on multiple projects

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

I love using Toggl to track my time as a freelancer! My clients appreciate that I can give them an exact breakdown of where my time goes, and it helps me maintain focus on my various projects.

Pros

As a freelancer that needs to keep track of my hours spent working for multiple clients and across multiple projects, I LOVE Toggl. I cannot stress enough how much easier this has made it for me to track my time and accurately assess what I'm spending the most time on. I especially love:
- Toggl's free plan includes enough basic features that you can get a good feel for the software without having to commit
- Ability to break down tasks within projects means helps keep timesheets as specific as possible, which my clients appreciate
- Chrome extension is very easy to use, and reminds me to track my time whenever I'm online
- Autotracker and idle time features are both extremely helpful for holding me accountable + keeping my hours accurate

Cons

In my opinion, Toggl is the best time-tracking software on the market right now. That being said, if I had to list potential future improvements:
- As someone that multitasks / hops around between projects pretty regularly, I wish there was a way to run multiple timers at once or otherwise account for this
- Mobile app, while a handy offering, isn't as easy to navigate as the desktop application

Dipin R.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best ever time tracking app

Reviewed on 2018/10/13

Pros

The best part about Toggle is that I can see all my representative detail in one look! The application is basic and direct to utilize and route. We can get to the undertakings by means of work area PC, versatile or any gadget. We can include notes and remarks for every section, subsequently its simple to sort and compose passages. Accessibility highlight is exceptionally hearty, with only a watchword I get every one of the insights about the undertakings. I simply love the manner in which it identifies inert time and tells me if to dispose of it. Base clients like us can utilize the free form, it gives a considerable measure of highlights. You get the opportunity to perceive how well the assignments have advanced on consistent schedule. Indeed, even the essential form has awesome announcing and fare highlights, be it Pdf or word or exceed expectations, no stresses!

Cons

The vast majority of the organizations for the most part incline toward a venture administration framework with a period following module instead of only a period tracker, so if the application would give venture administration as well, it would be simply heavenly! There were circumstances I experienced bugs as I had to go at exchanging between workstations. We can't utilize the device in disconnected mode.

Sebastian P.
Industry: Internet

Overall an amazing app you must have to TRACK Your Time & also for your people !

Reviewed on 2016/02/17

I really love this app and I think more people need to have this time tracking application in their toolkit for 2016.

I tested a lot of apps like this but Toggl really impressed me not only by the features, performance, design and cost effective but also by the fast responses I got from Toggl Team. They sent to me also some interesting gifts in february 2016 and I really think I will recommend to all of my clients (I already shared it on my twitter and other online social networks as well)

I depend on it so much. I can't imagine another week without toggl reports that shows me where my time was spent, if I was effective or not and so much more.

It's so important to know your cashflow and there are a lot of tools out there for tracking that, but what are you using for your "timeflow" ??? Toggl cames with a lot of amazing features here like, clean design, amazing suport, performance in place, available for android, windows, in browser, applications and so on...

Toggl has been also my #1 go to for recording my time to bill clients. I couldn't even imagine manually writing time down :))

I think that Toggl is indeed extremely helpful in making sure that everyone knows how they are spending at least their work life so they can identify the trends, patterns and repetitive things that consume this precious resource called "time" ! I'm so grateful to have found it!

Thank you Toggl for helping me keep my time straight and helping my Business !

Pros

Amazing support
Easy to Use
Great Performance
"sexy" reports
Clean Design
Having a Clean Dashboard with the important information time-related
& more :)

Overall, let's face it...is just an App..but an Amazing one you should try it to Increase the quality of your life and Performance of your Business by spending the time in a more efficient & effective way as possible !

Cons

I can't use it without having the Internet On. (will be a great idea to have an option to track the time spent on your laptop and when you have the wiffi available again to sync the time)

Chadsey L.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Super easy to use

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Wonderful, no real complaints so far and making the switch to Toggl has been great. We have converted most of our team to Togggl and are excited to bring in some of the integrations that come with paid plans to be able to eliminate some of the admin duties and close some of the cracks we find in communication from time to time.

Pros

The lack of ads is wonderful! I use the free version and have found Toggl makes things much simpler for me. The reporting is great and the amount of tools offered in the free version is great. I switched from another product and my reporting of where my time is going has never been more detailed and has helped me keep on track. Tracking time is super quick and easy, especially on task that I do week after week, Toggl stores the information and auto-populates so it saves me those few seconds and gets me working faster. I love it. I also love sending in such a detailed and good looking timesheet each period, way better than just a csv boring spreadsheet. I know we are only scratching the surface with what Toggl can do, hopefully as we grow our Toggl use and team will grow too to be able to streamline even more with their integrations.

Cons

The only thing so far that inconveniences me is the inability to export reports on the Android app. I don't know if that is something that is coming to it eventually, or if that is only available with a different level of plan. But I am 80% of the time mobile and need to send in reports on the go, which isn't too much of a problem that I am always with a laptop. But having to go that extra step does cost me a few minutes here and there. Exporting from mobile would be a huge help.

Industry: Management Consulting

Perfect Timekeeping for COnsultants

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

As an independent management consultant, I need to keep track of the hours I spend working on various projects with multiple clients. Not only does this help me bill appropriately, it also helps the client know exactly where their money is going when they work with me. This is the first program I tried for timekeeping and over two years, I have never felt the need to switch to try or switch to any other program.

Pros

I have used Toggl from the moment I started my consulting business. I love that it has both the "timer" feature as well as the "manual" feature, which is what I use the most. I appreciate how I can have unlimited clients and projects for those clients. The reports I can run from Toggl are perfect: I can run by week, month, or custom time period and by client + all projects, or just by project. I run & download the colorful monthly reports and provide this information to my clients, and they really appreciate the detail.

Toggl is easy to use, has great features even in the free version, and does everything I need for it to do.

Cons

I have yet to find anything about Toggle that I don't like. I recommend it to every consultant that I meet who asks "What do you use to keep track of your time?"

Amanda G.
Industry: Automotive

Simple, easy time tracking

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

I've used Toggl for the past few years as a quick and inexpensive way to track my time between multiple projects and report the ratio of time spent between them. The software boasts plenty of features for the base/free version (which is the version I use) along with basic reporting. The design is attractive and minimal while the time-tracking pages are easy to use and view. I would recommend this product to others looking for a basic time tracking software.

Pros

I love the minimal, user-friendly design of this software. Daily time-tracking is easy to complete and view in list-view. I am currently using the free version and really appreciate the reporting tools they provide, even for base users.

Cons

There are a few bugs here and there with Toggl when switching between workspaces, but they haven't deterred me from using the product. When trying to view a report for a workspace it seems that you need to have it set as your primary workspace, there is no way to switch between different workspaces in the reporting tab.