Deputy

Staff Scheduling, Time & Attendance (Time Clock) and more

Kevin
Kevin

The team at QB Gelato is very pleased with Deputy. It is easy to use and the team members love...

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

As QB Gelato continues to grow we are finding the tools within Deputy to be extremely valuable. For example, we have set up our 'Opening, Closing & Daily Checklists' in Deputy under tasks which allows us to run our business as paperless as possible. In addition, it gives Management the ability to check-in and see if tasks are being completed when not at the shop. Being able to communicate updates to the team members and request a confirmation that they have read the communication is brilliant. I look forward to putting the scheduling module to the test this summer as we are adding on a mobile truck to our business. I have no doubt Deputy will exceed any scheduling requirements. My final comment has to do with processing payroll and the integration between Deputy and our payroll system. Having this integration feature is such a time saver. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to run payroll as the hours from Deputy import seamlessly into our payroll system. We are extremely pleased with Deputy and highly recommend this software application for scheduling. A final note... support is excellent!

Cons

At the present time there is nothing we dislike about Deputy. The support team is always there to guide you through issues.

Jessica
Jessica

Deputy solves scheduling and timesheet issues

Reviewed on 2023/02/07

As a company in a dynamic business, we use Deputy to track employee hours, breaks, meals, and vacation requests. It's convenient to set up a time. We make good use of the ability to choose from several locations as well as the News Feed. They like how simple it is to use.

Pros

User friendliness of the interface is high. It gives just enough information to make decisions, without overwhelming the reader with facts that are unrelated to the topic at hand.

Cons

The inflexibility of Deputy's design architecture means that users cannot alter the interface's appearance. It would be convenient if each user could customize their own color scheme and background image.

Ryan
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Stay Away From Deputy!

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Deputy worked fine for us for at least a year. Nothing special, but it integrated with our Gusto payroll and ServiceM8 CRM and that's what we needed. But about 5 weeks ago it lost the ability to calculate over time. If a man works 49 hours in a week, it exports it to Gusto now as 49 straight hours, instead of 40 straight and 9 OT. We have exchanged dozens of emails with Deputy and we only get a canned response back. They say they are looking at it, but we don't believe it. How difficult could it be to compute OT correctly for a time tracking app?!! We don't think there is anyone working there any longer, -just a shell sucking up the monthly fees for as long as possible before folding.

Pros

The integration with ServiceM8, which is why we chose Deputy

Cons

Customer service is horrendous, and the product is unreliable.

Time Tracker, QuickBooks Time, When I Work, Homebase and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Deputy

Integrations

Integrations
Howard
  • Industry: Hospitality

Incredible amount of function. Deputy is a great solution to rostering/payroll if you can...

Reviewed on 2023/01/13

Made my busy day easier!

Made my busy day easier!

Pros

Constantly updated, great user interface with lots of features.

Cons

Can be slow to load on older machines /with a slow internet connection

Opsyte and Alvaria Workforce

Reasons for Choosing Deputy

The workforce was too basic for our needs.

CEIPAL Workforce

Reasons for Switching to Deputy

Had the easiest-to-use interface and was easily accessible on phones /tablets /computers etc. Ran into limitation issues with other hardware.
Heather
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Deputy Helped us to go Paperless

Reviewed on 2022/09/26

Since implementing deputy payroll is more accurate, we save at least 35 hours of manual labour per week and we use 65% less paper.

Pros

Ease of use and security for each member of staff. With the addition of the onboarding facility Deputy has become a vital part of our operation.

Cons

I wish the scheduling facility was easier to use on a mobile or tablet. As I spend most of my life on the move this would be perfect.

Time Tracker

Reasons for Switching to Deputy

Deputy customer service, cost, functionality and security features.
Edie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Deputy Review!

Reviewed on 2022/05/01

Pros

What we like most about this software is the ease of clocking in and out and tracking our employees locations.

Cons

We like almost everything about Deputy besides how it and ADP integrate. We are still trying to figure out how to connect the two.

George

Easy Time clock solution

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

Easy to use.

Easy to use.

Pros

The mobile app and web client make it easy for employees too clock in and out. You can also establish boundaries so that mobile app users are not clocking in away from the work location. Management can easily be notifies who is on time, late, or did not clock in at all.

Cons

It's not free but it definitely is worth it's value if you are paying for other time clock software.

Jillian
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Pleasantly Surprised

Reviewed on 2023/03/27

Overall, I love the platform and their app. Way better than most I have tried.

Overall, I love the platform and their app. Way better than most I have tried.

Pros

The ease of use for both myself and my staff.

Cons

Sometimes hard to figure out different pay areas. No way to track staff during on-call situations, so we had to figure out a work around

Acuity Scheduling and Square Payroll

Reasons for Switching to Deputy

Better ease of use and functionality for what we needed.

20+ in management and my fave to date!

Reviewed on 2023/05/19

Pros

The ease of scheduling and adding new patients.

Cons

The crashing and slowness of the processing.

Bruno
Bruno

Deputy helps a lot!

Reviewed on 2023/05/27

I'm quite happy with it, it's visually pleasing and helps especially when integrated to other services.

Pros

It's easy to view everything I need - who's available, working hours, time worked in a month - copying single shifts is easy and managing leaves is a breeze. The UI is fairly simple and convenient, and getting started was super straightforward.

Cons

There's one main gripe I've had with the platform: there's no easy way to copy a 3-week planning. You can generate shifts automatically, but we specifically use a non-standard shift system and I couldn't find a way to quickly extend it through copy-pasting. I need to copy and paste each shift at a time. So improved copying and a scrolling view (not just locked to a month or week) would be nice additions!

Wolf
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Deputy Limitations on amount of location being used. Not exporting payroll timesheet to ADP ...

Reviewed on 2023/05/24

Could be better

Could be better

Pros

Keep track of time of employees, build schedule.

Cons

Help is not providing answers on problems like it was 2 years ago. Live chat is gone or specialist are not helping in all subjects

Julie

Worst customer support ever

Reviewed on 2022/01/18

Pros

It is easy to schedule, roster available on smart phone and has a time clock system so employee work hours can be tracked and monitored.

Cons

If a software is going to suit many businesses (as advertised) the company needs to be open to discussions with all types of businesses so that the software is adaptable. This does not happen.

The customer support is atrocious. You get a robot answering then a online chat forum. It is time consuming to interact with this forum - they waste time repeating your questions, responses are very condescending, they have no power to make any changes.
For example, I have for the last month requested that someone from the country I live in and is involved with the software design(and therefore have the ability to make changes) contact me (?telephone) I have finally been told that even if they call they will not be from within the country I live in - and therefore are just one level higher in the overseas call centre.
One frustrating example - the time clock system is an important part of any rostering system - and they have just issued a new feature where staff can clock in and out from home, without any consultation or ability to turn off this feature. While this may suit some businesses it does not suit mine and I am sure I am not alone. Unfortunately this leaves the door open for staff to be fraudulent and defeats the purpose of a clock on/clock off system.

rachael
rachael
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

Since implementing deputy towards the end of 2015 in our business, I have worked closely with Jake and Joseph on making the system work with ease and ensure we are using the system to its potential.
Our business has a high turnover of transient employees who work varied hours and days of work which makes it hard for our managers to roster efficiently.
The team at Deputy have worked with us to add custom features which can help with our daily struggles in turn saving us time and money by being able to roster effectively and ensure we are being compliant at each step.
As the Payroll officer for our Australian and New Zealand region, Deputy have allowed me to streamline the fortnightly payroll process. Removed the need for any manual inputting, in turn ensuring we have time for quality checks, within our limited time constraints on payroll day.
We are a fast paced business and this system works extremely well for our managers creating and publishing the rosters, as well as confirming timesheets.

Pros

Worked closely with our team to add additional features required
Fast response time
Realistic time-frames
Great problem solving skills, and solutions
Helps with rostering efficiently,
Forecast of costs,
Ensures Compliance
Reporting functions
Payroll inputting has reduced from 1.5 days to 1Hrs due to new seamless payroll integration
New upgrade of system is more user friendly and responsive

Cons

More updates on system features/upgrades to come
More training for Support staff on system set up
Doesn't do 'Modern award' interpretation. Although we have now got the system to interpret the Award this was a lot of custom features we worked with the Development team on.

Leanne

Deputy improves our business efficiency

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

We are in the air-conditioning & mechanical services industry with approx 40 employees and a similar amount of sub-contractors working on various sites throughout the Sydney Metropolitan area. Before we installed Deputy we were relying on each individual signing a "sign on/sign off" sheet at the various job sites. On these large construction sites it's very difficult for the site supervisors to monitor the actual start and finish times of individuals. Time sheets were emailed to us on a fortnightly basis from each employee/sub-contractor. These were all formatted differently and made wages preparation a long and laborious task.

Pros

Each site has an ipad and the employee/sub-contractor logs in at the start and finish of their shift where a photo is also taken which makes the monitoring of staff very easy. The times are approved by the office manager each day and individuals can check what shift times have been approved on their app at any time. Each fortnight the time sheets are printed, which are in an each to read formalt, and wages are prepared from these sheets. This process has reduced approximately five hours of wage preparation. Customer support has also been prompt and efficient.

Cons

The best way to use Deputy on job sites is with a "kiosk" (ipad). We don't have secure site sheds at all sites so finding a location to put the "kiosk" with available power to charge it was harder in some areas.

Erin

Great App

Reviewed on 2023/05/16

Good

Good

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, easy to find your schedule and clock in and out

Cons

Sometimes when putting in leave or unavailability it can be challenging

Daniel

Timesheet intergration into Buildxact

Reviewed on 2023/03/29

great customer support and happy with the software

great customer support and happy with the software

Pros

Easy use for integration into my construction software, good customer support

Cons

Would like to be able to track more easily employees overall costs for a year once they take holiday pay etc but it might be the package I purchase or the way i use it

Matthew
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Staff management made super easy

Reviewed on 2016/07/27

I use deputy every single day to keep tabs on my employees who work in two different locations. Scheduling and managing my employees couldn't be easier. Deputy is a very easy to use software used to track data, time sheets, schedules and communicate with each other.

Pros

I love the reports that deputy keeps track of. Every report is meticulously categorized and organized, which is a complete life saver. Instead of spending hours sorting through time sheets and data, deputy has all that for me in a single click! Payroll is super simple.
I also love the way that I can communicate with 40+ employees through the news feed. I use the news feed for important company announcements and changes which is helpful because everyone has to be on the deputy software, so everyone will see the messages. My employees also interact through deputy among regarding work such as schedules, work processes etc.

Cons

More functionality with the iOS app. I work a lot through my phone and I would be great if I didn't need to hop on my laptop to access everything I need on deputy.

Joy

Seamless and cloud based, versatile. App driven for employees mobile devices, schedule at hand.

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

Scheduling is complicated and the data entry process can be tedious, but with the "Copy Shifts" function, entry is made easy and editing is simple. A great tool for time management.
App driven for seamless integration with employee mobile devices, schedule at the ready and employees can set alerts, push to calendar, notifications, etc. to their liking. The dashboard is pretty snazzy and clear. Export timesheet function makes payroll a breeze.

Cons

At present, I have not come across much I did not like, how ever, when exporting timesheet the calendar function does not always default to the current pay period. It seems to default to some odd dates. I am not sure what is causing that as we had set our parameters. Support Chat is good, but sometimes a phone call is necessary.

Michael

Easy to use scheduling system

Reviewed on 2022/08/19

Easy to use as an employee and looks easy to use from an admin perspective. Never had a problem with my timesheets!

Pros

As an employee who has used this for 5+ years this is an easy program to use within a small business. I clock in, clock out and can edit my time if needed. I can offer shifts up and accept or look for more all within the app. I like being notified when new shifts are offered as well via text and can accept them without even opening the app. I wish the calendar in deputy would sync with my apple calendar so I didn’t have to manually enter my deputy shifts into it.

Robert
  • Industry: Government Administration

Best Online Scheduling / Time Card System

Reviewed on 2017/04/24

Working for a City Government Organization, we installed deputy.com to replace our outdated and expensive Kronos solution. Deputy being a cloud based system, helped us to deploy and test more rapidly then installing a local on premise solution. The Integration staff and Owner of the company were involved with our go live and were amazing. They continue to speak with us and help us though issues that come up. Deputy.com is well worth the money and they integrate with most major cloud based payroll systems. Their IPAD kiosk app for clock-in/out is the best out of all the other company demos we tried as well. Easy to deploy and manage and they continue to work out bugs and issues as they come up. They are very quick to acknowledge a problem and work on a fix.

Pros

iPAD Kiosks
iPhone/Droid Apps for staff
Cloud based
Beautiful Interface to schedule
Tons of features

Cons

Works best in Google Chrome. IE and Firefox is buggy.
Automatic features that affect time entry don't always work as described.
No formal training documentation, only help web guides.

Response from Deputy

Thanks for your awesome feedback Robert! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling.

- Team Deputy

Anish
Anish

Deputy

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Smooth and good experience

Smooth and good experience

Pros

The fact that its very easy to customize and assign shifts to appropriate staff who are then able to receive notifications on their phones and PCs.
Deputy's customer support is also quite good.

Cons

I found that navigating at first through the web based application tends to be a bit difficult and it also does't offer a range of colors for tagging different shifts.

Paycor

Paycor

Better customer support response
Keith
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Finally found a cheduling and time tracking app that integrates with ADP for us

Reviewed on 2023/05/04

We like and it's very functional for us.

We like and it's very functional for us.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the multi functionality of Deputy as well as the fact that it easily and quickly exports to ADP.

Cons

When removing an employee after termination, there is no way to easily remove them from future shifts in order to terminate them without going through and deleting each shift individually.

Simbarashe

Good for small businesses

Reviewed on 2023/05/25

Pros

The ease of use and the user friendly interface for start is good for a small business that has one person doing multiple roles. Having a mobile app that can be used across most mobile devices makes it a very efficient tool for communication with staff and also a perfect system for timesheet signing. The added bonus is the geolocator for enabling shift work at multiple destinations to only be able to clock in close to the designated place of work.

Cons

Timesheet approval function on the mobile app needs improvement

Greg

Recommended, but not for everyone.

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

It did improve our capacity to track where and when our workers were and how our costs should be distributed along our projects. In other words, it has been a good tool to admin/track/adjust our efficiency.

Pros

Deputy helps to accurately schedule workers and track their time. This helps the administration to check the efficiency and efficacy as most of the time, laboring hours can go out of hand.

Cons

Although Deputy helps with scheduling and hours tracking, as an admin user it does demand a lot of time toschedule, set tasks for workers, approve timesheets, adjust or modify.

Vipin

Great UI/UX and Easy to use

Reviewed on 2023/05/25

Pros

Scheduling was a breeze, approving shifts and managing payroll was simple as well. Integrated well with our payroll software. The best thing was the UI though I have looked at multiple scheduling softwares but they were too complicated to use. My employees could trade shifts with such ease and I could approve them as well. All in all a comprehensive app and website.

Cons

It wasn't very easy to find employee and put in their pay info etc. Otherwise didn't find any cons.