We were searching for an intranet software as we were tired of customizing Sharepoint and wanted something which is flexible but not too expensive. We are a small team and we could not afford vendors like Jive.
After our search narrowed down on a couple of platforms, Communifire being one of them. What tilted the decision towards Communifire was:
1. The amazing customer support we got from their team. For every query they tried to help us work on it and understood our use cases perfectly. I have never seen such a good response from the customer support of other vendors.
2. Communifire was not expensive compared to other options we had narrowed down, but offered more or less the same features. Excellent ROI in last two years.
3. Flexibility of the platform: It was so easy to customize and consume their REST APIs. Loved their Page Builder and I don't think anyone else has a tool similar like that.
We are very happy using Communifire for our internal intranet, and would gladly recommend it to others.
1. Clean and user-friendly UI
2. Amazing customer support
3. Flexible platform
1. Some features are not needed, like e-Commerce module
2. File sync needs some more work
Thanks for your review, Abhishek. We appreciate your business.
1. Modern look-and-feel
2. Easy to use without any steep learning curve
3. Brilliant customer support
4. Flexible and easily customisable: Their PageBuilder is one of the most advanced page editors we have seen.
5. One of the best "search feature" of all the platforms we compared
1. No Google Docs integration yet (though the company says it will be there in 2017 release)
2. Features like Single Sing On should be a part of base module, we were charged extra for it
3. No Windows Mobile App yet.
We selected Communifire after evaluating several other options such as Jive. Expensive does not mean it is the best. And Communifire does not disappoint. It is packed with features including gamification. It has all the SaaS capabilities and benefits you'd expect. And their implementation support and customer service are top notch. Cheers.
Rich features, ready-to-use templates, excellent customer support, solid search engine, affordable pricing.
Administration and setup can be overwhelming due to so many features. A wizard-based configuration for the initial setup and other advanced features would be helpful.
Thanks for your review, James. We appreciate your business.
I have been using Communifire for the past 6 months and it has helped streamline communication and collaboration at various touchpoints within my business. Here are the list of Pros I could identify...
1) Very easy to use. If you know Facebook, navigating Communifire would be a breeze.
2) Covers almost all aspects of communication in a structured and seamless manner.
3) Allows the creation of teams and topics which allow me to collate and find important pieces of information which are otherwise scattered when using emails.
4) Inexpensive compared to other leading solutions. Flexible plans incorporating pay-as-you-go for small to large team sizes.
5) Highly customizable and does not require the help of expensive third party implementers.
It has a nice blend of feature/functions like Lithium and Jive without the price tag.
It's pretty easy to use -- the set up was fairly painless. I like the pagebuilder function, ease of publishing.
I'd like to see some functionality and features suited for external use (ex. more granular user settings, better notification experience; more admin controls/layers; better mobile capability like edit profile) -- access to more analytics out for the box. True SSO using LinkedIn.
It gave our employees a new intranet to complain about. They didn't like the old one because it was dated, and they don't like the new one because (1) it's new, and (2) it doesn't have some of the basic functionality of the old one (developed in-house).
Easy to set up and navigate.
There are too many inconsistencies and quirks. It seems like it wasn't fully built out. Functionality was put in, but there's no depth to it. For example, the site member csv does not accurately report space membership. There are more examples, too numerous to mention here. We have reported these. Apparently, most are expected to be corrected in some phantom future release.
The ability to customize and its ease of use. It fairly easy to teach others to use it and they usually like the layout which is important when you first show your collegues their new platform of communication.
There are some functionality which should be available but isnt. Its very important to make a platform like this blend in with the rest of the company software. And also to make visually appealing there should be available default images to use for posts. Like the icons that already exists but a bigger version for the "carddeck" function for instance. Also Calendar sync. with outlook would be great otherwise nobody is going to use the calendar. @mention people should be possible everywhere. Online live collaboration on word docs (google docs) would be nice. Permissions should be faster to set up, especially for files (isnt there any better way to set permissions then going through every folder?)
We evaluated Jive, Yammer, and Sharepoint for our intranet. Then we found Communifire (and we are happy we did.) It's right up there with the top enterprise level social business software on the market. Their team is very responsive and seems like they actually care about their customers.
The software has tons and tons of features but it's still very easy to get started. It's very intuitive. If you use facebook or twitter or wordpress you will be an expert with Communifire. It's also extremely flexible.
They need to do more marketing. It was hard to find them.
I could't think of any better tool that can help us achieve our goals of collaboration through knowledge sharing. Not only is Communifire easy-to-use, it is packed with incredibly useful social interaction features that makes it more than just a document management tool. While the product is great, the best part about Communifire is the people we work with! You can expect only the best level of support from the Axero team. They're not just solution-oriented, they're people-oriented!
We have been using Communifire as our intranet. We like the product, specially the user interface and the flexibility it offers.
Good UI, easy to use, feature rich, very friendly and prompt customer support. This product has most of the features of Jive but is much more cost effective.
Some localization related bugs, does not have in-built conferencing solution yet.
Its a great business collaboration platform for businesses which seeking newer ways to connect to its employees, vendors, clients and build inefficiencies. Its a focal point to address all business need over single platform.
The differentiating factor for this product is its simple, yet attractive user interface, unlike its counterparts. Also, the pricing models available are simple and can easily suit various budgets.
A very good product if you are looking to quickly implement social networking on windows servers.
1. very intuitive
2. extremely good customer support
3. best value for money
1. documentation in user interface pages is less (like pop up help menus)
2. works only on Windows OS/ASP.NET runtime
Communifire is King. The flexibility and possibilities are only limited by your own imagination.
Pair that with a superb team and you have a software which helps you as a business owner present an incredibly powerful and amazing platform for your users.
Liked the UI of the app and the in depth research by the team on the product. Customer support is another feather in the cap with hands on team for the job