Workable

The leading Applicant Tracking System & Recruiting Software

Darlene O.

Workable is Great!

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

What is really nice about Workable is that everyone on the team can see each other's comments and updates in real time. The calendaring feature that allows us to invite the candidate and have it show up on our outlook calendar is fabulous and makes our lives so much easier. Workable also sends emails with upcoming trainings which we find helpful.

Pros

What I like most about Workable is that it is intuitive and easy to use. We do very little training when we add employees to use the system. I also like how the system saves what I've been working on and can return to my notes without having to start over from the beginning.

Cons

Right now, there is nothing that I would complain about or change with Workable.

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad getting people to adopt the system has been easy, and when your team needs additional training that we meet your needs.

Allie D.

The Bad Outweighs the Good- Beware Sales!

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Solid tool if you have a fairly simple process; still allows for customization, which is great.
Hilariously/infuriatingly rude sales process. No desire to fix issues, just to trap you in contracts.

Pros

Workable has a simple, clean layout that was easy to customize and train my team on. It did exactly what we needed it to do and allows for a good deal of customization for our somewhat-unique hiring process.

Cons

The sales team are vultures. We planned to renew our contract after one year, and confirmed so via *email*. After some discussion, we realized we were probably overpaying; we included People Search in our initial contract (which is terrible and doesn't work reliably at all). We asked our sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], if we could remove that from our invoice, and were told we already had "a grandfathered deal" and should be glad we weren't paying more. The tone was downright rude.

Because we don't need anything too complicated, we decided to move to another ATS with a slightly lower cost. When Workable sent us the invoice to renew, we notified them that we would not be doing so- 2 weeks before contract expiration. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] *so rudely* replied that my verbal acknowledgement a month before was binding, and that we were stuck with another year. Obviously, we're fighting that, but it's really shocking that Workable is more interested in roping customers into contracts than understanding why they want to leave in the first place.

Response from Workable Software

We're so sorry that you did not have a good experience with the Workable product and our Sales Team. Customer success is very important to us. As your Account Manager is in contact with you currently, we will also make sure to further understand everything in this review during our conversation.

Amanda S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Workable

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

We use Workable for the applicant tracking software they have. I started in HR when we already have the software since then I have gone through demos of other products that the company was looking to switch to and I always preferred the functionality of workable over other demos. It is so easy to use and keeps the hiring process easy to track. There are so many steps in the hiring process and this makes it much better. Overall great software.

Pros

The best part of the software is its functionality and ease of use. It is very easy to teach hiring managers to utilize this. The layout of the pages is easy to follow even for staff not really good with technology. It makes it so easy to track multiple applicants and multiple jobs. The support team is very quick to give feedback and help with any technical issues that may arise. They are also working on ways to innovate the hiring process and take feedback from users well. Highly recommended.

Cons

There really is not much about the software I don't like. The only suggestion I made, was to have a way to mask identifying features to hiring managers until through to the interview stage. One task I want to make sure I handle is non-discrimination, and masking names would for sure help with that process. I made this suggestion and their team reached out to me saying they were working on a way to do this.

Brad P.

It gets the job done without frills

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Workable isn't the most feature-filled option out there, but I kind of like that about it. It's to the point, good integrations for the most part, and effective. You also have lots of customizable options with regard to your desired pipeline flow.

Cons

Some more integrations would be great, but my primary request would be for them to lower the number of clicks required to achieve certain functions. It can be incredibly repetitive with unnecessary clicks.

Diana H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The Easiest Applicant Tracking Software to Figure Out

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

We're a startup with less than 15 people trying to hire 4-5 more. We have two people in charge of recruiting.

After getting in touch with other ATS' (Lever, BreezyHR, Jobvite, HiringThing, the Applicant Stack), we went with Workable. This is possibly simply because most of those other softwares put me into a sales cycle queue, and I had to wait 3-4 days before I could talk to someone or see a demo. Meanwhile, Workable lets you sign up for a trial, and gets out of your way. I figured everything out on my own in 20 minutes. I think this is a testament to how well built their UI is-- you don't need a 30 minute handheld demo to figure it out, unlike other ATS (apparently).

To compare, BreezyHR was also fairly intuitive, but we liked the feel of Workable better. Lever is also VERY beautiful software, but we got quoted around 6k/year (no monthly option). Meanwhile, Workable, is 200/mo for 4 jobs (monthly, not annual contract), and has 98% of the same functionality. Lever, based on the demo I got from their very nice saleslady, seems better if you're a big company where you need help streamlining communication quickly between departments, or want help auto-nurturing your recruited candidates. That just wasn't us, we're smaller and only hiring 4-5 people right now.

Workable was easy to figure out, responsive, customizable, and I liked the monthly pay option. I would recommend it to any startup or small company, without any hesitation.

Also, if you're recruiting...the real Workable seller is the People Search function. I almost don't want to talk about it, because I don't want other people to know about it.

Pros

-Incredibly intuitive interface
-Upfront pricing that's easy to understand and reasonable (not great, but reasonable)
-Customizable pipeline
-People Search Chrome extension is INCREDIBLE and no one else has it.
-Easy, one step posting to multiple job sites (free and premium)
-Custom links so applicants can apply from anywhere and still end up in your pipeline.
-On/Off mode: You can pay monthly when you're hiring, and stop when you have no active jobs. You won't lose your data.

Cons

-A few bugs (software doesn't always fetch a photo when you put in an email, even if it finds multiple social profiles)
-Customer Support isn't immediate (you have to email, but they usually respond in <6 hours)

Madelin W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

My favorite ATS so far!

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

The ease of use allows me to track my applicants in the most effective way. Workable saves me time in recruiting, with the options of templates, background checks, assessments, and other integrations.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use. Everything is laid out in such a way, that you can navigate easily. I've trained a few people to use Workable, and they picked it up quickly. They also have many integrations that improve the value. The customizable pipeline is great, and they offer templates you can write, or use their provided ones. They have the option to drag and drop a resume, which will upload a candidate. I use this feature frequently and it is the quickest and most effective I've seen. Overall, Workable has the features I want most in an ATS.

Cons

The reporting is not my favorite. They have many options for reports, but you cannot customize all of them, which makes it harder to track the lead sources in depth. I wish there was a better rating system, currently, I can do thumbs up or thumbs down, but I find many candidates don't fall into either of those two categories.

Roxy K.

Made my life easier!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Organized candidates, kept track of communications to candidates, easy to pull reports!

Pros

Keeping candidates organized, create own pipeline stages, communicate with others or with candidate directly.

Cons

Messages meant to be sent within the company were sent to the candidate by different stakeholders, ie more than one person made this mistake which means this is a flaw in the design. Talent pool was also a bit confusing, I'd like to move candidates from Talent Pool to a pipeline and vice versa.

Michaela M.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Great hiring platform

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Overall, great platform, i am very happy with them and we will continue to use workable for all our hiring needs.

Pros

I love that you can stage your applicants as you work through the hiring process and it keeps track for you. It makes it so much easier to track who i have called and who i have interviewed. Especially when you are screening hundreds of people. I used to get people mixed up or not remember what i interviewed and which one i called. I am so glad i can easily track and see that in Workable. I also love that i can post several jobs and track each job and it will post to several job boards all over. Maximizing my reach for finding the perfect candidate.

Cons

Sometimes the email option is slow to refresh, it doesn't always let me know right away when someone sends an email back. It can take a few hours to show up when someone says they have emailed back.

Lucas O.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Recruiting workflow with fast-pace

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

It is a tool adopted by my organization for years and it has been proven to be reliable, very organized (it helped to double increase recruiting speed and division of applicant steps well).
The interface is very intuitive, and you can also sync google calendar and Gmail with it, so you can always be up-to-date with your next interview and test tasks.

Cons

Sometimes, sharing candidates and moving then through different recruiting jobs it isn't as simple as it could be (when you need to change a candidate from one position to another, due to a fit characteristic, for example).

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear Workable's doubled your recruiting speed.

Samantha H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

workable

Reviewed on 2019/10/27

my overall with workable very impressed with the overall design and seamless process to hire

Pros

the software give a multiply ways to hire and keep up with your employees as well as have it in one location the seamless way to do one thing to the other is impressive and easy use and learn all pluses

Cons

to keep up with more stuff (work load) not anything with the software

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you like Workable's design and it's great to hear that we've helped your company to have a seamless hiring process.

Alex V.

Amazing hiring tool.

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Overall Workable has been a huge time saver. It is really amazing to only need to post one job description and have it posted to multiple job sites simultaneously.

Pros

I like the customization features of Workable. We were able to integrate applicant testing to help us in our screening process.

Cons

Sometimes its hard to find specific sub-settings. The help options should be a little more clear.

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad the job syndication network has been helpful for your team!

George A.

Workable helped in real time communication

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

Candidates get real-time communication! We schedule our interviews through the candidate portal. Customized communication templates help us tailor our responses at every stage of the process.

Cons

The navigation from the home screen is not really intuitive. But once you get used to it, it's not a big deal.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Head of Talent review

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

Pros

Workable is a nice ats for a very small company. They have good value.

Cons

If your company is growing you will quickly grow out of workable.

Gurinder K.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Workable is amazing!

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Pros

It's so user friendly, easy to use, can be customized as per your need and gives you one shop solution to all your recruitment needs.

Cons

They can do a better job of updating customers of their latest changes/updates. One may find that he/she has to find out themselves what changed!

Excellent software makes the hiring process a breeze!

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

This is my first experience with Workable and it has performed beyond my expectations! We are a rapidly growing tech company and as such have increased our hiring needs. We are trying to streamline our hiring process and increase efficiency for those involved. With no training and just a brief overview from my HR dept I was able to quickly and easily access my job posting, review applications and weed out the next level applicants. Whether passing to the next step (which is customizable by the way) or declining the applicant it is very simple to organize the hiring process. The mass email feature is also extremely helpful for contacting applicants about the next steps, or form "thank you" letter. This is a really intuitive system, they've done a great job!

Pros

Very easy to navigate, I like the quick view of applicants and stages and I like that I can click any one of them to see who’s in that stage. Very intuitive, little to no training needed

Cons

Haven't found any cons at all

Alexandre B.

Functional

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

It's functional and gets the job done, but there are absolutely no ''WOW'' feature.
Many competitors are coming up with better feature set nowadays, but pricing is good, which compensates

Pros

-Easy to use
-Integrations
-Does the job

Cons

-Limited features
-Design
-Collaborative features

Joey A.

Clean Design / Terrible Company

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

I started a trial to find out how Workable could benefit our business and needless to say, I was unable to complete the Trial because I was asked to provide a Utility Bill or "Other business documentation" that includes my business address.

Upon providing Paychex Invoices and Employment Tax Forms (sent directly from the state) that they ("Workable") will not be able to approve my job postings based on their guidelines and that this was their final decision.

It seemed like Workable would have been a great choice if you can get past the verification process. Below is the email I was sent.

"
Hello Joey,

We have passed this business documentation to our technical team for review. They have come back to us and based on the information provided, they will not be able to approve your postings again based on their guidelines. This is their final decision in regards to the jobs on the account, unfortunately.

In our experience, it is unlikely there are any changes that will bring it within our guidelines for publication. In this case, it would be best to try posting on the job boards directly.

I am sorry I can't be more helpful in this case.

Juan
Workable Customer Support"

Pros

The overall look and feel of the interface is clean and easy to navigate. The pricing seems to be on the fair side.

Cons

Regardless of being a paying customer, you receive terrible customer service. The company cannot be relied on if you run into any troubles with their system, actually reaching someone capable of assisting you is near impossible.

Last email from this company has been included in my comments.

Cinde W.

New pricing is making this product not a good choice for smaller companies with recruiters who...

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

This is a great product and I'm very frustrated that in a very short time they have cut out the smaller companies with their pricing. I really had not planned on looking at other ATS systems but worry what else is ahead for the "legacy" users.

Pros

Up till now I have been very happy with this product. New enhancements have slowly been coming out and when a bug is found it is reported and fixed in acceptable time. Support is very reactive and easy to work with. When I chose this software, I liked that they charged by the job and not by the user, since I'm the main one that uses it with 6 others using the interview part of the pipeline and we only need about 10 jobs at one time.

Cons

For my small boutique consulting firm, what turned out to be a pro has now turned into a con. the cost is the main issue.

Eric C.
  • Industry: Banking

Job board section is top notch though pricey for small companies.

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

Pretty simple to use. A lot of the features built in are easy to understand and self explanatory. Job boards are as good as I've seen.

Cons

I used this when I worked for a very small company. This product is extremely pricey for the smaller companies in my opinion. That's comparing with several others in the same vertical.

A useful tool for reviewing and sorting applications

Reviewed on 2015/12/19

Workable is a really cool and affordable tool insofar it instantly lets you review and track the progress of the candidates who applied for a job (or were sourced) with your company. It is extremely simple to use and integrates wherever you want it, so you can always have all the applications in one place, with seamless planning and execution of further steps.

Pros

Integrates with all the apps you need; very simple to use; clean and lean interface, all your job ads in one place; easily track the progress of your applicants and distinguish between applications.

Cons

You do need to enter information manually, meaning you have to be the one to move a candidate from one stage to another. This can be a bit inconvenient. Also, it would be desirable for Workable to have more and more comprehensive features.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

Best ATS we have used. It helped boost our hires from a few hires a quarter to more then 20 hires/quarter. They constantly improve their software and the support is absolutely amazing.

Dan W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Streamlined our hiring process (or lack of)!

Reviewed on 2016/08/09

Always nice to find software that not only works as promised for the job intended, but helps you improve the actual process.

Pros

Cost effective subscription levels, ease of use, defined hiring process, reusable templates for common functions.

Cons

Nothing yet.

Laura F.
  • Industry: Media Production

Streamlined hiring process, eliminated paper and reduced hiring time

Reviewed on 2015/01/14

Pros

The best thing about the product is it is very user-friendly and is easy to navigate and understand. It only took 30 minutes to set up, and our training time for new users is about 15 minutes. There are tutorials on every functionality and subject to help you be successful in hiring. Workable offers an easy way to track candidates through your pipeline, communicate internally with your team and externally with candidates, set up interviews, advertise your positions and report on your activity.

Cons

What I like the least is it does not have the ability to create assessments for candidates. It also doesn't create a new URL when you repost a position, so your job post goes to the back of the search results in the job boards.

Katy D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Workable..making work more enjoyable

Reviewed on 2016/09/02

Pros

I like that it aggregates the job posting to different sites with the click of one button. It allows you to create your own template responses. It is easy and keeps you logged in. We absolutely recommend it.

Cons

I wish they had entire HRIS with onboarding system. We don't use all the functionality of it because we pay for a system that does all our HR/Benefits/Payroll, etc. and I haven't seen that capability in Workable.

• Industry: Design

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/02/09

I recently used workable for the first time to hire a new designer for our team, and although it is my first time using a hiring software at all so I don't have much to compare it to, I thought that it made the whole process very smooth and manageable!

Pros

I love that multiple people can be involved in the process simultaneously, being able to see my coworkers comments and compare notes right in the system is very helpful.

Cons

I wish the interface was slightly more user-friendly... it's a bit inefficient having to click back and forth between so many candidates. It would be great if there was a way to compare several side by side at the same time.