Workable

The world’s leading hiring and HR management platform.

Mohit
Mohit
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Excellent For Collaborating With Various Vendors and Busy Team

Reviewed on 2022/12/07

It allows me to save time on HR-related tasks. A single click could retrieve very specific reports. It eliminates the need for manual work, really a time savior.

Pros

The plugin that allows us to connect it to our social network account is really cool. I've always loved how simple it is to interact with vendors and link them with teams. I also like the email alerts that notify me when someone evaluates a candidate.

Cons

It does not allow to modify the questions once candidates started applying. We can not include more than one location in a job posting. While sending rejections, we can not distinguish between those that have been sent and those that have not.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great tool to support with hiring in a start-up phase

Reviewed on 2021/07/25

Workable was our 1st ATS. It is a smart, easy-to-use product that helped us grow the company to close to 450 employees. Managers were very happy with the tool.

Pros

Workable provides great automation solutions & features for many different things that allow saving lots of time: emailing candidates in bulk, interview scheduling, interview feedback, configurable roles and permissions, communication templates and customizable steps in the interview process.
In addition to this, it has a great analytics dashboard, a user-friendly mobile app, and a fantastic People Function that allows to source passive candidates directly from the ATS, which might be very handy, especially for teams that don't have a LinkedIn Corporate Recruiter licence.

Cons

My team couldn't engage with candidates at scale through personalized email campaigns, which made us switch to another ATS. Because close to 40% of our hires are done through outreach automating this part was crucial to us.

Allie

The Bad Outweighs the Good- Beware Sales!

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Solid tool if you have a fairly simple process; still allows for customization, which is great.
Hila...

Hilariously/infuriatingly rude sales process. No desire to fix issues, just to trap you in contracts.

Pros

Workable has a simple, clean layout that was easy to customize and train my team on. It did exactly what we needed it to do and allows for a good deal of customization for our somewhat-unique hiring process.

Cons

The sales team are vultures. We planned to renew our contract after one year, and confirmed so via *email*. After some discussion, we realized we were probably overpaying; we included People Search in our initial contract (which is terrible and doesn't work reliably at all). We asked our sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], if we could remove that from our invoice, and were told we already had "a grandfathered deal" and should be glad we weren't paying more. The tone was downright rude.

Because we don't need anything too complicated, we decided to move to another ATS with a slightly lower cost. When Workable sent us the invoice to renew, we notified them that we would not be doing so- 2 weeks before contract expiration. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] *so rudely* replied that my verbal acknowledgement a month before was binding, and that we were stuck with another year. Obviously, we're fighting that, but it's really shocking that Workable is more interested in roping customers into contracts than understanding why they want to leave in the first place.

Response from Workable Software

We're so sorry that you did not have a good experience with the Workable product and our Sales Team. Customer success is very important to us. As your Account Manager is in contact with you currently, we will also make sure to further understand everything in this review during our conversation.

Deanna
Deanna
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Intelligent, affordable ATS

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

The experience has been nothing but positive. From sales to implementation to ongoing support, our transition has been nothing but exceptional service.

Pros

The features of the software are easy to use, intuitive, and anything that the user is unsure of is easily resolved through the self help guides, or customer support.

Cons

Nothing, the team is constantly working to improve the software so any issues are taken into consideration for a future release and/or there is usually a workaround found.

Reasons for Choosing Workable

Cost/Value/features

Features (especially The Hiring Plan) Cost

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your experience has been so positive throughout your relationship with Workable.

Neelam
Neelam
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Workable Review

Reviewed on 2022/07/24

It is helping me to download resumes, track applications, shortlist candidates, and tag the interviewer with my comments.

Pros

Tracking any candidate with an email ID and showing how many times the candidate applied for multiple positions. and it's very simple and easy to track and update feedback.

Cons

Nothing as such but searching with name is a bit confusing as we get the various result which is not relevant.

Response from Workable Software

Appreciate the invaluable feedback, Neelam. Always working to better search results - will look to make search by name as tight as possible. Thanks for being a Workable customer!

Connie

decent applicant tracking system for recruiting!

Reviewed on 2022/04/21

Overall experience is that it works great for what you pay for. If your recruiting efforts needs a more robust search engine and better platform to house & source pipeline candidates, I recommend paying more for a premium product. It'll save you a heck of a lot more time & resources.

Pros

UI is easy to navigate, simple and easy to use.

Cons

While it is simple and easy to use, the software does not allow for multiple requisitions to be posted under one pipeline or job posting. Our team also finds that it does not have the best integration with the top, competitive job boards outside of LinkedIn and Indeed.

Lever, Rippling and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Workable

We chose Workable over the alternative products due to the pricing of the product.
Matthew
Matthew

Workable Works

Reviewed on 2015/03/17

Workable is a fantastic product for internal recruitment teams, with a great UX/UI and workflow. It completes our company careers page, looks great and has already started to attract quality candidates to our openings.

We really couldn't be happier!

Pros

Fantastic value for money, and complete flexibility across pricing plans!
Custom Job Application Forms - helping you get as much information from the candidate as possible from the initial stages.
Multiple Job Site Posting with ease.
Social Recruiting - linking all of your social networks to make sure your jobs get optimum exposure.
Team Involvement - you can add as many team members as you like to the system, and share as much or little as you like with the hiring managers. It is a much better way of controlling the review and interview processes, rather than simply relying on emails.
Relevant Reporting & Analytic s - to help you see how your recruitment processes are performing, and also help you understand where you are having the most success when attracting new candidates.

Cons

It would be great if we could link our Twitter account to Workable for tweets about new roles, but other than that we have none.

Tyler
Tyler

Entire team's notes in one place

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Overall it has simplified our hiring and recruiting process which saves time and makes sure that we vet candidates more thoroughly.

Pros

Our company goes through multiple interview stages with different people in the various departments of our org. Workable is a great place to consolidate our notes on every candidate into one place so I can see what concerns or positives other people have uncovered. We don't need to send multiple emails or keep a google doc anymore because Workable contains everything in one place.

Cons

I don't have any major concerns, I'm not a recruiter so I only use Workable on a surface level and so far it's met every need that I've had.

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your hiring team collaboration and interview process are much smoother with Workable.

Piolo
Piolo
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

TA Interns' Review

Reviewed on 2023/03/13

Great, makes me feel really comfortable working with our TA team and the product.

Pros

Everything, The easy use of the product and the way things are labeled.

Cons

Sometimes we double up the candidates on different job roles, but so far none.

Emmanuel
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

workable review

Reviewed on 2023/06/27

Pros

Easy to publish to social media and easy to track applications

Cons

The texting is bad and it is difficult to identify duplicate candidates

April
  • Industry: Automotive

Customer Service is a nightmare

Reviewed on 2022/11/09

This was our first experience with an ATS. The integration was easy - I had everything created and complete before the implementation team even reached out. However, the candidate tracking method is too clunky and customer service is an absolute nightmare.

Pros

This was our first ATS and it was an easy place to start and learn the system.

Cons

It needs a better candidate tracking method. If a person applies to more than one job or to a job more than once - there is no feature to consolidate the candidate information. You spend a lot of time clicking between screens to figure out previous interactions. The customer service was hands down the absolute worst I have ever seen. Any time I had an issue - I would be told that it was my fault and there was nothing they could do - specifically from one IT tech over and over. I finally requested to deal with someone else and that helped somewhat.When it was time to renew, we were reassured that the price would not be changing - there would be no increase in the annual bill (monthly payments are not an option). Then we were sent the invoice - with an additional $1300 on it. What? I asked out rep what the deal was and got completely blown off. I was told it was a charge that they added every year. I asked her about her promise that the bill was the same and was told yes and we added the extra charge - we do that to everyone. What?! Then she stopped answering my emails and calls. Needless to say - we will be changing at the end of our contract this year.

Amanda
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Workable

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

We use Workable for the applicant tracking software they have. I started in HR when we already have the software since then I have gone through demos of other products that the company was looking to switch to and I always preferred the functionality of workable over other demos. It is so easy to use and keeps the hiring process easy to track. There are so many steps in the hiring process and this makes it much better. Overall great software.

Pros

The best part of the software is its functionality and ease of use. It is very easy to teach hiring managers to utilize this. The layout of the pages is easy to follow even for staff not really good with technology. It makes it so easy to track multiple applicants and multiple jobs. The support team is very quick to give feedback and help with any technical issues that may arise. They are also working on ways to innovate the hiring process and take feedback from users well. Highly recommended.

Cons

There really is not much about the software I don't like. The only suggestion I made, was to have a way to mask identifying features to hiring managers until through to the interview stage. One task I want to make sure I handle is non-discrimination, and masking names would for sure help with that process. I made this suggestion and their team reached out to me saying they were working on a way to do this.

katy

An ATS that works

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

works for me

works for me

Pros

-easy to find candidates by name
-easy to edit job descriptions

Cons

-no custom sharing links
-would like to be able to tailor messages to candidates more
-would like to be able to filter candidates based on certain criteria
-would like to be able to search for candidates by last 4 digits of phone number

Lever and Greenhouse

cost

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you enjoy using Workable! Your account manager and our support team are always here to help come up with solutions to any problems you encounter.

Yushawu

Workable for Talent sourcinng

Reviewed on 2023/02/16

Overall, workable is wonderful and represents a good assistant to my hiring needs.

Pros

Workable is definitely what every talent acquisition specialist need for their talent pipeline. its easy to navigate and contains suitable features that are effectively in their functions such as the job posting, candidates profile and application tracking.

Cons

I think workable has to work more on the interaction between add comments to a candidate's profile and sending them email. It is easy to send emails candidates when actually the intended purpose was to add comments.

Zoho Recruit

awsome product for its value

Reviewed on 2023/02/20

Overall everyone in our organization is satisfied using this product and I definitely recommend using it.

Pros

Posting and managing jobs through this project is really easy, I love the collaboration ability inside the product for different people inside the organization.

Cons

If posting the job to different platforms such as Linkedin, etc was quicker it was great.

Recruitee and LinkedIn for Business
Adele
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used for 1+ year

Does The Job

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

We use Workable as our primary hiring portal to track a job from posting to final hire. Overall it's been easy and intuitive to use. Great as an active workflow tool.

Pros

Really appreciate how the system keeps a running track of communication, correspondences, and interview invites by day and time for each candidate. Also, the ability for each party in the hiring process to leave their feedback on candidates at each stage of the process, and vote people forward or not, provides such a streamlined workflow for moving applicants through the pipeline.

Additional features such as single-click links for syndicating a job posting, and being able to set permissions for each job on the back-end, are incredibly useful as well.

Cons

There is a lot of scrolling-- scrolling down lists of candidates, scrolling down candidate applications. When you are dealing with hundreds of applicants, it can be difficult to track which applications you have read and those you haven't.

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! In terms of scrolling through candidates, I recommend reaching out to [email protected] and they can help to optimize your pipeline. Alternatively, we have a webinar on Perfecting your Workable Pipeline: https://help.workable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016241153--Video-Webinar-Perfecting-your-Workable-pipeline

Pippa

Everything you need to automate recruitment

Reviewed on 2022/12/29

Super user friendly!

Super user friendly!

Pros

The system is super easy to set up and use. Automation at its best

Cons

Some candidates that apply for the role clearly don’t have the skills and you have to filter through that

Indeed, NetSuite and Monster+

Reasons for Switching to Workable

Just the ability of what the system can do
Clara

Great options for companies of all sizes

Reviewed on 2022/03/08

Pros

Easy integration with social media, customisable email templates

Cons

Customer support is really unhelpful, they have articles FAQ style on their website and all support does is refer you back to these articles, if you have a specific problem, too bad for you...

Teamtailor
Lex
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Tracking referrals

Reviewed on 2022/09/20

Easy to use with helpful metrics shared. Easy to refer directly through the portal or send a link.

Pros

Can easily share links for referrals. Also tracks clicks and applications on either direct link or LinkedIn shares.

Shows you active referrals and stage of recruitment proces.

Cons

Wish there was a feature to see shared feedback on candidate

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback, Lex! Ensuring we understand your product suggestion: all members of the hiring team can see shared feedback on a candidate. Externally, we'd bump into privacy issues. Here's more: https://help.workable.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012983547-Reviewing-and-evaluating-candidates. Appreciate you as a customer, and encourage all product ideas to be sent directly to our team in our customer community: https://community.workable.com/ideas. Thanks again for your feedback!

Arun
Arun

Used workable as user for over 2 years. Generally a good experience.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

Generally a good software for recruiting except for timeline and dates. Easy to use and handle.

Cons

What I dislike and face difficulty is the historical timeline. The software does not indicate the historical date of submittal or date of comment/note. It just says 10 days back or 1 year back (Which may be approximate) . Dont have exact date to pull up candidate email from the outlook if needed ! Also if you reply to a workable email message the reply is partially cutoff and does not appear on work

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Good starting ATS for a small/medium size startup.

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

In general, workable was a good tool to use and I think it helped us get of the ground when we started designing our recruitment department and processes. I would have liked a little more support from their team and them being able to innovate and integrate news features much faster than what they did.

Pros

Workable was the first solution that we found as an ATS for our recruitment process. It was good and solid for what we needed at that moment. It was straightforward and easy to manage. It provided several integrations to maintain a good workflow in our process

Cons

We found ourselves having to do a lot of manual work instead of automatizations. It was a work in progress and they couldn't add many of the features that we wanted at that time.

Response from Workable Software

Appreciate the feedback! Innovation is core to Workable and we're always expanding our product offering!

• Industry: Design

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

It's simple and easy to use. Easily posts to external job boards with just a click. The employer careers pages are simple and clean- could be more customizable and interactive but the product is fairly cheap compared to competitors.

Customer service is FAST and always helpful. We've been with workable since the beginning and they've taken our feedback into consideration.

Cons

The only real downside is the database search is somewhat cheap. I'm a huge pipeline recruiter- their hashtags to categorize help but a boolean search function would be awesome.

Allan
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Good ATS for your Recruitment Department

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Workable was good to start with. It definitely helped us get going with the whole recruiting process for our company. Price was also reasonable for what the product had to offer. I can't complain on the time we used it.

Pros

I liked that it helped us start our recruiting department from scratch and it was easy to use. It helps you organize and keep track of candidates and their information.

Cons

I did not like that it lacked features like having its own built in video conference tool for international interview. Also, I never fully knew what the tool was capable of doing. Instructions and training were very basic.

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! We're always expanding our product offering and creating new training materials to help customers optimize their recruitment process.

Ana Sofia
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great Plataform

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

I have solved the easy way to see the all scenario of a candidate. All the information is displayed and using # we can quickly understand the status of the candidate.

Pros

Lack of crashes and quick plataform, easy to integrate and takes minutes to create profiles. We are able to delete status etc. Great

Cons

The process was very easy and its intuitive.

Nicola

Very easy to set up, tidy simple process and dashboard

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Work definitely recommend for those wanting to streamline recruitment and build a talent pipeline without an expensive outlay.

Pros

Easy move through, simple to track notes and to share with hiring managers, easy tagging, not complicated, intuitive easy to manage the candidate experience.

Cons

Lack some of the features of some larger more expensive packages but is a minor for under 100 staff still a great product