Flow

All of your team’s work, in one powerful space 🚀

Elizabeth a. G.

Fantastic task management software

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Flow has never let me lose sight of what projects I have coming up next.

Pros

Best task management software I've ever used. Flow has made it really easy to quickly jot down my tasks, whether big or small, so I never forget what's ahead. It's so simple, yet after using it for a year I can't live without it.

Cons

The mobile app could use a bit of work, as sometimes it's glitchy and not very user-friendly. Seems like an iOS port.

Jonathan E.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Large Worldy Team

Reviewed on 2017/04/10

I can saw that this is the best technology I've seen in awhile with regards to task management. My team works from multiple locations and countries so the phone app along with the notifications by email makes it even better and ideal.

Pros

Accessibility and Flexibility!

Cons

That more people don't know about it.

Suzanne R.
  • Industry: Design

I love that everyone on my creative team, including clients, can easily use Flow without...

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Flow is incredibly easy to use and understand. No training was required, which meant we were actively working and using Flow to organize, assign and communicate about tasks (and subtasks!) the same afternoon it was installed. My entire team took to it immediately, without complaint. The ability to add emoticons helps make it a more playful experience, which my team and I really appreciate. Project management applications shouldn't be frustrating, overly complicated, or boring. Flow gets that. At long last my search for the right project management software is over. Thank you, Flow.

Pros

For small creative agencies who have been searching for the right project management software, Flow provides a Goldilocks experience'it's not too much, it's not too little, it's just right. Not to mention, also at the right price. Finally.

Cons

It's a small complaint, but within the notes of each task, any updates to that task are automatically visible. You can hide them, but have to click on the word Hide to do so. I would prefer to have the option to have updates hidden as a default.

Sarah W.

Flow has been easy to integrate our team into and has equipped us to accomplish our goals.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

Flow is simple while still having a large number of features that help keep our team organized. We love being able to manage different teams and projects, both as a group and individually. It provides accountability and an insightful window into everyone's workload.

Cons

Have had some issues with repeating tasks needing to be "reassigned" each week. It's not a huge issue, as you can easily tasks that are "unassigned" and quickly attribute them to an individual.

Dave R.

Been using Flow for years and still love it.

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

Our team has been using Flow for years and its been a great experience. Especially with the whole team using it - it's a great way to keep our remote team on the same page. We chose Flow over a few other similar apps because of the clean and beautiful design which makes using it a pleasure. I also really appreciate the default calendar view - a view which at the time we started using it other apps didn't have. The app focuses on Tasks - which makes my time using it really actionable. The recently added projects views which is a nice addition and eager to see that further develop.

The one feature that I really wish it had was time tracking and the ability to schedule my day by time-boxing tasks and bringing them into my calendar for the day and week. Also offline viewing / functionality would come in really handy for long flights without wifi.

Maxwell B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Flow helps keep me and the team organized on all tasks and checklists!

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Clear communication, organization of tasks and checklists, and ensuring the timely completion of necessary tasks.

Pros

Love how easy it is to create and use checklists on this platform. So easy to keep tasks in the open to ensure they get done either by myself or by a team mate on time. Easy to keep communication open on the tasks at hand and their status.

Cons

Sometimes setting up a task can be tricky if there is no designated category for it set up already.

Charlene D.

Great platform.

Reviewed on 2017/04/04

Great platform for getting a full view of all my tasks. There are a few functions I wish were integrated but overall a great service.

Pros

The chat is great and overall view point

Cons

Wish I could organize my private tasks in kanban style. Also when opening the calendar view I'd like to click on multiple people on the team to get a sense of what they're working on.

Daniel F.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Atrocious Refund Policy

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

My biggest complaint with Flow is the refund policy---they SIMPLY WILL NOT RETURN YOUR MONEY. I lead a small non-profit and our subscription was renewed by accident after we realized we needed a more robust task management platform. I reached out to Flow for some grace but they offered nothing. Instead we lost a full year of licensing for 10 people, $954.00 in total.

Pros

The software is basic and easy to use. I also like that it is web-based.

Cons

The features, especially for tracking time are too limited and the phone app is horrible. This is not robust for handling complex project management with a team and third party contractors.

Jack R.

Flow is Slack on Steroids

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

Flow is really cool! It has the same basic capabilities as Slack but offers more services deeper. With the complete integration of task-based work you can manage everything you did in Slack but also overview the status of work. The only qualm I have is the ineffective chat feature. To send personal messages you have to go to a completely different page which gets frustrating when you have frequent communication with your team. A little pricey considering Slack is free but I believe that there is enough value to charge.

Kasia K.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Helpful tool for managing tasks, especially ones that have repeatable steps.

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Pros

Duplicating a project is great although I would love a feature where tasks can have dates that calculate back from the deadline. I enjoy the Kanban view and the private tasks.

Cons

Trouble integrating into gmail calendar (although this may have been resolved). Some less savvy users went from having too many notifications to too few, therefore getting discouraged from using the tool.

Dave H.

Flows smoothly

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

It's nicely designed, with a easy to grasp interface, robust task management features and flexible views of your projects. It integrates with Slack which we're also using with some of our clients, and perfectly suits our small team (7) of designers/programmers.

We've been using Flow for about 2 years and been impressed by the way they've grown the product in a sensible way and avoided the temptation to become bloated with useless features.

Mohammad S.

Reviewed on 2016/08/05

John G.

With Flow; Anything is Possible

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

Easy, simple, and very user friendly software. My admin really enjoyed getting her hands on this. I have no complaints.

Paul H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Flow has been a gamechanger for me in keeping up with tasks.

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Flow saves me time. which in my opinion is the most valuable benefit there is. It allows me to focus on what I'm good at and I don't have to worry about keeping all my projects organized and trying to remember what projects are due when.

Pros

I love Flow for a lot of reasons! The main reasons I love this software is its ability to make staying organized and on top of tasks simple and easy. As a graphic designer, I tend to be more on the creative side and less aware of numbers and dates. Flow allows me to keep all of my assignments organized by the due date which helps me prioritize projects and never miss a deadline again. Not only does it keep my tasks organized, it also allows other people involved in the project to be in constant communication with each other. You can upload attachments, coworkers can see and comment on your activity, offer suggestions or edits in real-time all within Flow. it's almost like having a Facebook timeline for your project! Using Flow has really streamlined our entire creative process, from conception to completion of a project, Flow enables us to be on top of our game and focus on what we are good at, providing the best creative service we can provide.

Cons

If I had to give one complaint about Flow it would be the user interface, if unfamiliar with the program and how it works it can be easy to get lost in the many layers of tabs.

Julia M.

Perfect Fit For Our Team

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

When I started with the team everything was tracked on a Google Sheet, in iCal and important information for events were always needing to be "dug out" of email chains or found on some miscellaneous scrap paper. Flow has definitely improved daily processes for me personally to ensure every detail is being handled for each event scheduled. I think it has helped my boss know what is going on at quick glance whenever he would like as well. The natural ease of communication with the team about tasks/projects/events is a great feature. Instead of doing something and reporting that it has been done Flow notifies anyone who is subscribed, this is a time saver. It is easy to set up repeat projects, which is great for our team because the same template of to-do's is used for every event. We have even added our event sponsors as users, we use to do back and forth emails about every event and inevitably the ball would drop. Flow has eliminated that by offering an easy to access place for everyone to see all of the information, which is huge. The great thing about Flow is that has the foundation to meet whatever needs you may have to get and stay organized.

Cons

I think most businesses are working with clients on a daily basis. I find myself feeling bogged down at times with keeping contact information/notes in the CRM system and then having to transfer it to Flow when an event is scheduled so the other team members are able to easily access it when needed. I would love to see a CRM integration be a feature available in the future!

Sasha Q.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Very easy to use, simplifies and organises my workflow - I use it every day.

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Sometimes teammates use other ways to organise their personal tasks and don't use Flow as often. I just think it's really effective so I wish everyone else used it daily. However this is personal preference and it's not a problem as long as everything gets done. It depends on how much of your work is project based and how much is individual - if using it for lots of projects you will need higher buy in from teammates to regularly update their tasks and progress.

Pros

Flow enables you to organise your workflow into projects and assign tasks to members of a team. This ensures that all tasks have a 'person responsible' and a deadline, meaning that nothing gets forgotten about. It is really good for project management.

It is also useful just on an individual level because you can see your personal to-do list in the 'assigned to me ' section. You can arrange your tasks in order of priority, plan your week by changing the due date on items, and tick and clear tasks once they are complete! This means you know you are working on the priority items, and you don't have to be stressed out remembering the things you have to do. This has replaced a paper to-do list for me, which I used to do and ended up messy and scribbled-on, and then I'd have to write up the same incomplete items onto the next day's list. It was inefficient.

I use Flow every day and highly recommend.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good product that needs a few more features

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

I like what the team has done, but I also feel like development has stalled out a bit. There have been a few fixes and small enhancements since I started using the product, but I haven't seen any new features or upgrades during that time. I really like the way Flow has approach the design and navigation for the tool, but I think we need to see more in the future.

Pros

The UI is very pleasing on the eye. One might say that everything flows well together (I'll see myself out). But seriously, I think that the team spent a lot of time focusing on ease of use, and everything just feels nice. There are a lot of features out of the box that are good for an individual user as well as teams.

Cons

It's not that flexible. If you use flow the way the creators want you to, then you're in great shape. If you want to go outside that setup though, you start to run into walls. Two features that I think are needed to bring this product to the next level: 1) custom fields, and 2) advanced searches that can be saved. You can filter a list by tag, keyword, even project color. But you can't filter using boolean OR or NOT logic. Everything is an AND, which limits the way tags can be used to raise issues to the top. And I need custom fields to track data points that maybe don't fit in one of the predefined categories.

Connie W.

Always great service and value.

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

Pros

Love how it keeps my team organized! It's so easy to assign tasks, move them around - and see all activities at a glance.

Cons

The iPhone app is buggy and doesn't work as well as the Desktop app. It doesn't refresh and show current tasks all the time.

Very simple featured communication and task management tool for startup

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Pros

- The UI is very minimalistic and can be used to maintain the standard for the application
- The same subscription contains both the task and team chat.

Cons

- The pricing is not startup friendly. They dont have a free version in the application.
- The app onboarding process can be omproved.

Brant A.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best task app available

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

I have tried them all, and I keep coming back to Flow. It is easy to use, with great functionality. It meets all of my needs and more.

Pros

Great design

Cons

Nothing

Pellegrino L.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

I've been searching very long for an app like this

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

it was not easy to find it but in the end I came across this app that manages to meet my needs precisely. it is easy to assign tasks, it is easy to monitor if they have been performed, it is easy to attach files that are automatically saved in the cloud.

Cons

the design could sometimes be a bit confusing, the smartphone application is to be improved

Anurag S.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

Pros

The amazing User Interface that makes collaborative workspace quite easy. It's certainly the best amongst all competing products in this space.

• Industry: Design

Better than Trello or Asana

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Overall, our company is happy with flow!

Pros

I love being able to set subtasks within my tasks, along with dates and descriptions for it. The way my tasks and projects are organized is better than any other task management software I've used.

Cons

The timeline feature can be improved a lot. From how it's filtered and to how it's viewed when you are viewing multiple people.

Mi G.

Disappointed about ownership of information

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

None, as I decided not to chose it as my project management software anyway. I selected ASANA instead, that I liked more and has the same price.

Pros

They got back to me very promptly when asking information on line and over email. And I appreciate their honesty in explaining how it works.

Cons

That they could not delete my personal details and account. They could only deactivate it. I find it absurd that the person cannot request to have their information deleted. This may also be the case with other softwares, in which case, that is also unacceptable to me.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Flow is really fantastic piece of project management software, it has changed the way we do...

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Optimising the project management process.

Pros

The interface is very intuitive once you get the hang of it and it really allows you to get a hollistic view of the whole project lifecycle.

Cons

There can be a bit of a learning curve on getting to know the software. Perhaps better learning materials could help mitigate this.