4,6 (438)

Brant C.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I love Campaign Monitor

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

I am a web developer and their API is fantastic to use. It is easy and straightforward.

Cons

Some things within their GUI are hard to find and some extra logging features for developers would be handy.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor

Watson was far too complicated and buggy

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor

Ease of use and features

The Best Email Service Provider on the Market!

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Campaign Monitor is wonderful. I recommend it enthusiastically to anyone looking for a full service, easy to use email platform.

Pros

Excellent customer service -- a human picks up the phone when you call and works with you to creatively solve problems, if you use the Premier tier. Dashboards and analytics are all intuitive and easy to use. Automation journeys are easy to build and update. Drag and drop templates are easy to use.

Cons

I wish we could establish settings to automatically scrub emails after that were inactive over a certain period. These segments are already created automatically, but we have to export files and copy in email addresses to remove subscribers. I also wish it integrated with ZeroBounce, my preferred email deliverability tool.

I also sometimes wish I could edit the HTML on particular sends.

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor

It's the best point solution on the market, at its price point. And the customer service is glorious.
Sheryl S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

An excellent email marketing platform that is very easy to manage

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

It's as good as any other top tier EMS out there with amazing templates and intuitive automation workflows

Pros

Campaign Monitor lets me create, send, manage and track eblasts with great ease. It has a high number of quality templates and automation is very easy.

Cons

The customer service is average and there's no integration with Outlook or Canva

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Do not recommend. Better Platforms for the price.

Reviewed on 2019/12/22

There are many platforms out there at a much lower cost that offer more robust features and functionality and that can be hooked up to Salesforce in a way that might not be as seamless but would be worth it.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use and integrates with Salesforce, which is why we chose it over Pardot when making an initial selection.

Cons

There are many limitations, from design to ability to customize the registration confirmation message (no modal???). Also, no way to tell the difference between hard bounces, which makes it impossible to automate deactivation of contacts in Salesforce.

Ungureanu B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

This is an easy-to-use email marketing tool

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

The program helps us win loyal customers and manage customer journeys through top-notch email campaigns. This program also helped us improve our valuable email marketing benchmarks. Its marketing automation features can help us provide readers with high-quality and relevant content.

Pros

The program is easy to use, especially for those who are not familiar with HTML coding. Its analysis is simple and in-depth and even provides indicators based on geographic location, email client type, device type, etc. Its A/B test is easy to use and effective, and it can be easily customized with minimal settings.

Cons

The list loaded into this system is cumbersome. Its Word Press integration seems a bit intrusive on the page. The pricing structure is also very different. Its template is currently very strict. It severely limits customizability. Besides, for some organizations, white listing seems to be a problem.

We've tried many, and this seems to lead the pack.

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Overall, the best email marketing solution my team has worked with in the last year. Fair value for money i must say too.

Pros

- Great suggestive features such as email-body formatting tips

- Nice delivery and send-out time

- Extensive scenario handling for segmentations and optional blocks

- Great responsiveness of website across multiple form factors on devices(mobile, tablet, etc)

Cons

- Some features and configurations can be a bit hard to figure out without a fairly technical background

- Email builder templates felt a bit restrictive in terms of styling and formatting options

Mailchimp and Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor

Well, we kind of had to try all of them, and just stuck with Campaign Mon. because it just worked!
James D.
  • Used for 1+ year

Great for agencies

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Pros

We used Campaign Monitor for many years with multiple clients and it worked really well. Segmentation of clients was easy and setting new ones up was all self-initiated​, no need to contact support. List management​ was a breeze as well as segmentation. Campaign creation was also easy, we never used the drag and drop editor​ as we crated bespoke HTML emails ourselves.

Cons

The reason why we chose to move away from CM was the segmentation was slightly limiting for us. We basically needed to segment based on relative dates, i.e from now until 3 months ago. This could only be achieved by entering exact dates, which you would need to change on a​ daily basis if using for automation purposes. If that doesn't bother you I would recommend using CM.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor

The agency aspect was enticing as well as the self-management process meaning we weren't paying overheads for account managers.
Jon H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

This like many other Email companies can be as successful​ as you want if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. The great thing with this is the Price is very competitive and it offers a bit more than the others.

Pros

Campaign Monitor recently bought Conversio Emails. The price is very competitive for all the things it offers. Email campaigns, reviews, pop-ups, newsletters​, Abandon Cart functions. I have sent out multiple individual newsletters and abandon carts with success rates.

Cons

The Workflow function on the site was a little hard to set up and its why I do not send more out. When I turned it on it sent an email to every single person on my list.... when I just wanted it to send one to the new subscribers from that time forward.

Robert D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 2020/01/06

Overall I'd recommend Campaign Monitor, especially if you're in a rush.

Pros

We enjoyed using Campaign Monitor after switching from MailChimp. We were able to get up and running, fast.

Cons

We disliked that the platform seemed to be split between different names. Sometimes the login would redirect us to another website which was a bit weird.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Very content with Campaign Monitor

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

I am really content using CM

Pros

The ease to use. Setting up marketing automation and composing new emails.
Integrating CM in our marketing proces using Zapier

Cons

The list management could be improved. It is not possible to move recipients between lists

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent Email Tool for small business

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Campaign Monitor allowed us to send our monthly newsletter with ease. This brought in an abundance of new business for the company and helped to grow revenue.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is simple to use and allows any business to run marketing campaigns to their audiences. The drag and drop builder is excellent.

Cons

Campaign Monitor doesn't have a CRM, so you'll need to import your lists for every send or integrate with a something like Zoho, HubSpot or Salesforce.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor

Constant Contact

Price
Annie guo V.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Similar to other e-mail marketing platforms but not as pretty

Reviewed on 2021/08/16

Recently, our subscriber list grew to over 10,000 so we had to increase into the next payment plan. I believe the costs are reasonable as we use Campaing Monitor on more than 10 different projects for the company.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is easy to use to create emails to send to a list of subscribers. What I like the most about the software is the ability to duplicate a previous email campaign so you don't have to recreate all of the content (e.g. you may have a monthly newsletter with the same banner/image or social media buttons). This option makes it easy to send out regular information without completely reformatting the content.

Cons

Campaign Monitor is similar to other platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact, but I think it is not as aesethically pleasing or quirky with the language it uses. Some of its functions are more limited, such as formating boxes or resizing photos. Often you just have to work with the formatting you are given and can't expect it to have the best design.

Mailchimp and Constant Contact
Masturah D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very easy to use as a email service

Reviewed on 2021/08/14

Pros

Campaign Monitor is one of the very effective email marketing software that can be used even for a newcomer that has never use this kind of this software before. It can be configure to sent multiple type of email marketing to find the winning email for that set of audience list.

Cons

It lacks of tools to customized the email body, and not much design that we can create for our email marketing. We can only choose from the template design that provided by the software and not all the template design is fit with the email objective. I really hope they can add more design for the template.

Abbas H.

Best email marketing and automation solution i've used so far!

Reviewed on 2017/10/08

Pros

We've used other email marketing tools for different reasons over the years, but still always came back to read Campaign Monitor's excellent email marketing advice on their blogs and articles about best practices. Finally took the plunge a year ago and moved all our subscribers over. No regrets whatsoever!

Just the amazing email editor and template manager is enough to make me leave everything else and use Campaign Monitor. The extensive segmentation tools, super clear and well-formed APIs to connect with our CRM and outstanding customer journey setup is above and beyond what i've seen from other tools in the market. Oh and their brilliant responsive all-platform templates!!

Also, when they say 'award-winning' and round the clock support / success teams, they mean it! Definitely and whole-heartedly recommended!

Cons

I'm nit-picking, but how Campaign Monitor counts subscribers (in order to bill us) is different from some of the other tools out there. For e.g. if the same subscriber is in two mailing lists, it counts as two for billing purposes. If you have many lists, it tends to balloon your billing subscription out a bit.

Douglas H.

Great Product, Great Support, Definitely Better than Others We have Tried

Reviewed on 2016/09/09

After over twelve hours attempting to log on, pay for, and conduct a REPEAT newsletter/emailout with one of its competitors, GetResponse, I had to look elsewhere, because their system was rejecting our email list, because it "looked" to GetResponse's totalitarian software as "very similar to another list on its server"---OF COURSE IT LOOKED SIMILAR---We had used their service twice in the past year---with admittedly a few "hiccups", but we had got those emails out. Their service refused to let us log in, or pay for, or reactivate our old account, so we had to create a new one---and that's likely one factor that led to the total failure of their organization to provide the slightest bit of genuine service to us yesterday.

Shortly before midnight, I tried competitor "RedCappi", but after I edited an outgoing email address, it looked as if they might delay sending the test emails, so while waiting to see how long that delay might be, I set up a "Campaign Monitor" account, and proceeded with the same process (our newsletter html was "ready to go"---having been produced by the IT guru at our factory overseas). Despite a good half-hour lead, the RedCappi test emailouts took over an hour and a half to arrive, versus maybe less than a minute with Campaign Monitor.

I was sold---uploaded all 4800 or so email addresses to Campaign Monitor without a hitch, and Campaign Monitor clearly pointed out a few dozen "oops" emails I had mis-formatted, and I was able to fix all and add them back into the emailout effortlessly.

When I wanted to send to the total list, instead of to four test email addresses, I found a helpful FAQ on the Campaign Monitor site which clearly walked me through how to resend to new subscribers---a vast difference from having to "Chat" on three separate occasions with the GetResponse team to help me with their less-user-friendly system (EVEN THOUGH I HAD USED GetResponse TWICE PREVIOUSLY)!

Pros

Hard question to answer---Sorry, I have to say "EVERYTHING"! Worked well, priced me in cheaper local currency, fast sendout, very helpful tips on mis-formatted emails, phenomenal customer support, no login or password struggles...the list goes on (a double-entendre).

Cons

Unsubscribe "Tag" added at the bottom of our emails was in a different font from the bottom portion of our emailout/newsletter---a minor point.

Asheton F.

Nice Email Automation Tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

It was a good platform for email marketing, but wasn't a CRM solution.

Pros

I like how easy it was to set up email automation campaigns. We had a custom template and I thought Campaign Monitor worked pretty well with it. Organizing and segmenting our lists was also a breeze.

Cons

The main reason we left and switched to Hubspot was because Hubspot was an all-in-one CRM tool that connected to many of our other programs that we use.

Saad J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

This is your best option if you don't have a good CRM or Marketing Automation (Premier Plan...

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Non-Profit Discount, Volume Discount, Drip Automation, WYSIWYG editor (removing designer/developer dependency), Web Form Integration

Pros

You get a:
> WYSIWYG email editor (making responsive email design & development a piece of cake).
> Conditional email blocks based on list segmentation or conditions.
> Easy to setup email drips to your list, based on when they joined, segmentation rules or custom conditions
> User management to limit access to the lists and control actual email deployment
> Ability to run unlimited basic Spam Filter, Firewall and Email Client tests
> New reporting tab makes monitoring email performance much easier

Cons

The transnational emails are great for basic requirements. Anything more needs custom development and support. I was disappointed when I found there's no way to limit Transactional Emails to run on specific lists out of the box.

Christopher G.

It just works !

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

Pros

Clear, clutter-free interface with the right tools for the job, everything is made to concentrate on your emailmarketing objectives and not how to use the tool :)
I've been using CM for close to 10 years and have witnessed their progressive and intelligent implementations : nothing is added that you won't *really* need and once it's added it's especially intuitive.
Add to that Campaign Monitor's daily tips, blog posts, ressources and especially their outstanding client support : you just can't go wrong.

Cons

Hard to fin anything really, maybe certain ways of implementing behavioral segments but then again maybe it's my Marketing objectives that aren't clear enough...

Shilpa S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A product well thought through

Reviewed on 2019/05/25

I have been using CampaignMonitor for almost 4 years now. I love the tool more than MailChimp and Constant Contact. I

Pros

*Allows to send a test mail and check personalization using real examples from your contact list.
*You can also set up email automation with the tool.
*The HTML upload and rendering across devices is on point. Very well made product.
* Does not force users to use bulky footers that promotes itself unlike Constant Contact

Cons

I was billed extra and forced to use the plan I upgraded to for an entire month without being prompted that my list size had exceeded a certain number. While I understand it makes sense for your revenue it is not a very good customer experience.

Annie K.

Easy to use both with the email builder software and also uploading custom coded

Reviewed on 2021/09/16

So perfect for managing multiple clients, multiple campaigns, and multiple brands all in one place. Easy to upload email campaigns and set to different audience lists as well as different credit cards for payment purposes.

Pros

I love that this software lets you either upload your own custom coded emails OR you can use their email builder. We manage a lot of different clients and for some, we have our own, custom programmed email campaigns, and for others, we use the builder. The builder is a lot more customizable than one might think. sometimes you have to get creative with how to make it look a certain way, but it can be clean, minimal, and on-brand in minutes. I also love that when you upload your own coded emails, it checks to make sure all of the files add up and will tell you if there is an error.

Cons

Sometimes I wish the custom builder software was even MORE customizable, but I understand that in order for it to be that easy to use, you can't make it too much more complicated with customizing.

Alex K.

Campaign Monitor is the best email marketing platform... period!

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

My over experience has been awesome! Once you go with CM you can't go back to any other platform because it feels and looks like a joke compared to it.

Pros

I like how professional the website layout and features are. I feel that other platforms are too simplified and have a cheap feeling to them. Campaign monitor cares about the look and feel, as well as the performance of their platform. The way contacts/subscribers/lists are managed is one of my favorite features. The whole platform is intuitive in nature.

Cons

I have 0 complaints about this platform. I do however wish there were more pre-made layouts to choose from, even though the ones available are so awesome and easy to customize.

Gareth N.

Rock solid

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

We use Campaign Monitor to keep track of lists on course registrations. We've had the same code running for years and have never run into issues. The API is very stable and after 5 years we haven't had any issues, no breaking changes or anything related to it. I'm very happy with the services provided.

Pros

I liked the documentation, it's nice and easy to read as well as follow. Integrating with their API was also easy, I had no issues with that and works well. The responses are great and errors that you do get are easy to understand and resolve.

Cons

I can't fault Campaign Monitor on anything regarding our use case, it has fulfilled our desired use cases.

Jim C.

Reviewed on 2015/11/21

If you are using emails to communicate with customers you really can do a much better job with a service like Campaign Monitor. You can create and store templates, get instant reports on opens and clicks, and other data. They have very few glitches and when it happens they fix them right away. Customer service is better than excellent.

Pros

As mentioned, I would give their customer service a +++. I am a very small user. I'm sure they have much more important clients. But that's not how they treat me when I have a need. They are right on top of things and and I believe they treat me the same as a major user.

They also send periodic "lessons" on how to improve email content and they are worth reading.

Embedding photos/images is a breeze and you get quality true to that of the original image.true

Cons

If you are a savvy, tech-smart user you can navigate and use the service with few problems. If you are a 3/5 like me, it is sometimes a challenge to get around. After a while you can learn it, but the initial phases can be daunting.

They might consider creating a glossary for some of the technical terms.

There are a few options I wish they would incorporate in their text capabilities.

Stacy G.

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Campaign monitor is great for small business' who are not much on the technical side, it's easy to use and easy to explain to your clients.
It also has high deliverability and excellent compatibility with mobile and computer. The pricing also differs which is great if you have a range of clients from small to medium to large business'.

Pros

Campaign monitor is clean and modern and because of it's designed, it's very easy to use and understand. You also have a range of templates to choose from. This is best if you are not very technical and find it easy to use a drop and drag function.

They also give you access to your statistics and you can export your database if you need to upload it to another service.

They also continuously grow their services and have now added automation, insights and transactional emails.

You can also design your own email using code and upload the code as a template to Campaign Monitor

Cons

You pay for everytime you send out a batch of emails where some email marketing services are free.

The customer service takes a while to get back to you.

Sometimes the code you upload won't look as good when its embed into Campaign monitor, Sometimes the functionality of the code goes off.

The email campiagn you send out can look better on chrome than safari

Ryan E.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Selling e-Mail Marketing

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Support has been great when needed. Our emails are going out without being blocked and we are getting great information back on tracking for each email campaign we setup.

Pros

Not only is this platform very easy to use to create and build email newsletters and support emails it gives you the ability to white label and brand the software to sell as a service to your current clients. Adding revenue to support your sales and marketing clients through email marketing.

Cons

The template designer which is very easy to use and has quality templates is lacking in the customization aspect the designs are. How ever you can code and upload your own email designs.