2 981 reviews

3,9
2 981 reviews
Sameer C.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

SharePoint- The best file sharing tool by Microsoft.

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

My overall experience with the software has been really amazing till now. Intially, it took some time for me to understand the interface since it is a bit complex but once I got a hack of it, I can now say that this software is really helping me work seamlessly and saving a lot of my time during my day to day files sharing with my clients.

Pros

Microsoft SharePoint is one of the top file sharing platforms right now. The primary reason why this software is my personal favourite is that it has the capacity to share very heavy files ( I have tried till 400MB) with our clients. This exclusive feature is not supported by most of the other platform as there is always a size cap till which one can share a file with the client. Also, the file upload time is very less onto share file as compared to other applications available in the market.Last but not the least, the best feature that I like about this software is that it can add n number of people in a specific project within sharepoint.

Cons

There are very less cons about this software product. However, if we still want to mention, I would like to mention that the when we click on the sharepoint , it takes quite a lot of time for the home page to load/ be visible. this is time is very large as compared to other file sharing products that are available in the market since their URL's come up very fastly on to the home screen. Last but not the least, I would also like to mention that the Sharepoint's interface is a bit confusing, it takes some days to understand how things are working on this software which is not the case with other softwares.

Anjani kumar D.
Industry: Automotive

Great Enterprise level collaboration product

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Good product which almost everyone at enterprise level organization is using it but needs to adapt features like Google drive to be sustainable in market

Pros

Easy and robust integration with Microsoft other products like windows, Ms office
Almost everyone is using it in IT industry for shared docs and therefore no need to have a separate knowledge base to start using it
Very good authentication and authorization workflows available and readily integrated with Active Directory

Cons

Costly as compared to Google drive options
Outlook mail or O365 is not readily integrated
Ms office docs lie word or excel spreadsheet crashes while opening it in SharePoint while you compare this with Google drive Google sheets or docs open just like that in Google drive.
Online auto save feature is not there by default

Peter D.
Industry: Chemicals
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Sharepoint as a secure file sync and share platform

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I have personally had mix results. We ultimately made the decision because of the blended Office 365 costs, reducing our FSS-specific contract with a 3rd party vendor, who happened to be a leader in the space and had a far richer UX.

Pros

I like the integration with the microsoft cloud and the ability to share and concurrently edit from shared, sharepoint websites we use to share with internal and external stakeholders.

Cons

It seems like security is a big concern and user experience is not up to par with other FSS solutions like Box/Dropbox.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Karla G.
Industry: Accounting

Sharepoint is very robust but more than many small businesses need

Reviewed on 2020/07/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I currently use it to archive old client data. I have found One Drive to be easier for me work with for current files.

Pros

I like Sharepoint for being a secure location to have all your documents in one place in the cloud. And I like the ability to share documents via a link with both team members and outside parties. I like the ability to use metadata tags to facilitate searching for documents.

Cons

I find it hard to set up and did not find it to be very user friendly. It is not easy to get assistance or guidance as to the best approach in the setup. We were told by our consultant NOT to use a folder structure, but a Microsoft employee told me that was not good current advice.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Kristilee H.
Industry: Retail

Sharepoint review

Reviewed on 2020/09/20

We use this product daily and overall it helps my team to work together without having to email multiple documents back and fourth. The fact that we can edit it together really helps to gets documents done quickly and seamlessly.

Pros

This product is very good if you are collaborating with many people. It works very well if you need to fill in large spreadsheets amongst different departments, divisions or in my case sales people. Multiple people can be in the document at the same time is convenient as well.

Cons

This software can be hard to export out of, especially in certain formats. This software also freezes when working on very large spreadsheets.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Jeffrey M.
Industry: Public Safety

Sharing of collaborative documentation done easy

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Excellent experience used by all levels of the company. Resourcing done without sweat.

Pros

We've had to create multiple forms for management to be able to approve group access. For each of the documents, we assigned access to specific users. This was easily setup and done by an intern of which many more other scenarios were efficiently complete without needed to be an expert.

Cons

Only con is the shared url which changes on each share creation, however all the created urls remain valid. This causes confusion when links are distributed amongst the teams as its not static.

Linda R.

SharePoint is on point

Reviewed on 2020/08/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

As a Microsoft software, SharePoint has a familiar feel that makes adaptation simple for end users.

Pros

Using this software as a document management system has made the process of creating, reviewing, and approving documentation much easier. The version history alone has improved access for internal & external auditors.

Cons

It's hard to utilize the workflow functionality for documentation management until users are accustomed to navigating the platform.

Documents Savior

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

All my clients are very comfortable using share point as its very easy to use. We use share point day in day out to keep the client data handy and safe.

Pros

Share point is the best place to keep all the documents for your client handy and safe. This can be shared with specific people with specific access which creates is more safer.

Cons

Moving the files to share point becomes difficult at times and the files gets crashed while moving. Also you need to be extra cautious while updating and saving the files directly opened from share point.

Alex C.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Accessibility & Collaboration, the way it should be.

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Collaboration was a major factor and challenge we were trying to overcome, where teams are increasingly working at distance we needed a platform that enabled that single document environment and we have found this platform met our needs entirely.

Pros

Working in a busy, multi disciplined team, share point makes the challenges less challenging. and In that environment where collaboration is key to your objectives and success this ticks the boxes.

Cons

The only negative for me was the synching of files as ot isn't always entirely clear what is synced to a particular device, this could be a little bit clearer.

Ben W.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Simple and easy to use but still has some annoying flaws

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

Pretty good overall experience but there are stillsome frustrations with syncing files locally which have been there since the start.

Pros

Sharepoint is really simple to use. It makes it really easy to collaborate both within and outside of the company. There are a huge range of features to help you customise it to your needs. It provides powerful admin tools to help audit data too so you will be sure your data is safe.

Cons

The onedrive sync tool is still very slow to see changes. Sometimes you will be waiting 10 minutes plus for a file somebody else uploaded to show up, this is made worse by the faact you have nothing to show if the file is on uts way or not.

Andrea L.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Collaboration, backup and automation

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Sharepoint has allowed me to be more efficient in different ways, with many of its functionalities, I generally hope that one of them will allow me to make a process more collaborative, controlled and at the same time automated.
Currently the entire organization has access to use the software, in the same way the introduction and migration to Sharepoint from local servers has been gradual, mostly due to people's resistance to something new and unknown. In my department specifically, has been a greater acceptance, integration and discovery by constant learning by some team members who are not exploiting all the advantages of the software yet.

Pros

Permission management: This is super relevant and wonderful for controlling what your audience can see and do, for example, when you need someone to constantly see changes to a "living document" but not have the ability to intervene in the process.

Contact groups: I find it super good since not necessarily the site administrators are the only ones who can manage the group, you can make any member of the group can manage the rest of the members without this being involved in other site settings . Also when granting permissions, distributing documents, announcements, tasks, it is very easy to do it by group of contacts than one by one.

Version history: We know that we are exposed to errors and accidents, so having the previous versions of a document, being able to see who has modified and having the possibility of restoring any of those versions can save the day. I always feel that I am protected and that is why I always promote working in the cloud.

Cons

Please provide some detailed examples of areas where MS SharePoint has room for improvement. These could be features that are hard to use, missing functionality, or just things that you'd like to see done differently.

Modern view / classic view: I really appreciate the minimalist change that has been made with many of the menus in the latest versions of sharepoint, but most of the time it complicates me and generates many more clicks (much more time) wanting to do one This action can be done by changing to the classic view from the ribbon, for example, managing permissions for a site, being able to manage sharepoint groups.

A little more advanced configurations, without becoming complex that depend a lot on the IT department.

Descriptions of some options or settings can become confusing, complicated and you simply are not able to know if it is what you are looking for or not, the language to the user is sometimes understood only through trial and error.

Chirag S.
Industry: Insurance

Great for document management, scary as a platform

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

SharePoint existed in all organizations I worked for. Although IT was responsible for SharePoint, IT would rather not want to do anything with it. SharePoint just induced indiscipline from users. Strict governance was the only way, we found, that SharePoint would stay maintainable.

SharePoint is touted as a platform for development. We built help desk, order management system and several other projects. The cost of creating them was low but the cost of maintaining them was very high, and frustrating. Eventually, we moved all mission critical items off of SharePoint and never looked back.

Workflows are powerful. They can be useful when they work and painful when they break. Some workflows worked without a problem throughout their lifetime and some broke frequently with hard-to-debug error messages. Workflows weren't easily to build, maintain and version control. Microsoft Flow appears to be a decent solution. It may be best to pay for a dedicated automation-user account and build Flow with that user.

APIs are powerful. If you are used to Stripe, Twitter and Google APIs, you will not be happy with SharePoint APIs. But, you could make APIs work to your benefit. It's really hard to find great examples of API usage in different programming languages.

The best use cases we found for SharePoint were document management that was not connected to core systems, calendaring for pot luck and other such events that aren't mission critical.

Pros

SharePoint's document management and version control is really nice. Creating documentation in the form of Site Pages or Web Pages is so easy. It can help an organization create a document management system. Workflows and alerts surrounding document libraries is very convenient also. SharePoint integrates with other software in the Microsoft ecosystem very well, making it easy to adopt.

Cons

SharePoint becomes an absolute mess and a nightmare at some point in time. It is easy to start with. So, users in an ungoverned, unmonitored SharePoint ecosystem will create objects all over the place, create permissions/groups willy-nilly, create lists and document libraries with individual permissions etc. One way or the other, it ends up being an absolute disaster. In order to have a great SharePoint ecosystem, it has to be very well-governed, well-organized and permissions should be sanely managed. It's just a lot of work.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brandon G.
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good Functionality, but Ease of Use Is a Drawback

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Considering both the positives and negatives, I think Sharepoint is a fairly decent tool for what it offers. We went from using exclusively Google's products to Sharepoint, but I still find myself going back to Google Drive, etc. for a good portion of my work. It's not that Sharepoint is explicitly bad by any means--in fact, there are a few things that it does really well. It's just that given the choice between Google's suite and Sharepoint, I find Google's easier to use and less "packed".

Using Sharepoint is like shopping for cereal with 50 different choices, whereas using Google is like shopping for cereal with only 5 different choices. It might seem great to have 50 choices on the surface, but you soon find yourself in the middle of the aisle unable to make a decision because of the myriad of potential choices you could make.

I'd like to again stress that Sharepoint is not a bad tool. It's just ok. If you're currently using Google's suite of products and are happy with it, I don't see any point in switching to Sharepoint. If you're looking for a wider variety of features than Google's suite, Sharepoint would be a great choice.

Pros

I like the ability to quickly share, access, and retrieve documents that my team and I use on a weekly basis. It's nice having one place where everything is stored, and that I don't have to go to multiple storage locations to get what I need.

The versatility of Sharepoint is also a bright spot. I can upload just about anything, and the storage structure is intuitive enough that I can find pretty much anything I need without a direct link to the file or folder.

Cons

The UI can be confusing at times. It was confusing at first on how to navigate back to top level folders or storage locations after diving a few levels deep, and figuring out how to access the file options (delete, share, etc.) wasn't clear on the first use. I had to click around a bit in order to find what I needed.

Another point on the UI is that while it seems to have gotten a makeover in recent months, there are still holdovers from a time where it seemed that "sleek and modern" was not the order of the day--I'm specifically referring to the Permissions and Access Requests screen that I had to use in order to allow people from other parts of the company access to my team's documentation and files.

It can also be somewhat "clunky" and slow when processing requests, but I'm not sure if that is a function of the software itself, it's cloud-based nature, or just my company's internet acting up again.

The amount of "fluff" in the feature-set I've come across is substantial. It's nice to have the versatility provided, but I think where Google's suite of products really shines is that it gives you exactly what you need, and no more. With Sharepoint, it seems like there are a multitude of features that are available but won't actively be used. For example, the homepage customization is robust, but if no one is going to use it past a basic level, what's the point of having all the extra tools? It only confuses users and adds to a subtle sense of overwhelm when using the product

David Y.
Industry: Publishing

SharePoint and File Storage

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

My overall experience with SharePoint has been positive across the many years I've used it. One of the best features I learned about in recent years was the ability to map SharePoint to a drive on your computer. This has really helped in terms of uploading and downloading multiple files simultaneously. If you plan to use SharePoint, I highly recommend looking into this feature as it will save you a ton of time and enable you faster access to your files versus accessing them from a browser window. Mapping is extremely easy and, in my experience, invaluable. You will also find that you can post graphics on your SharePoint pages. We frequently post "work anniversary" or "birthday wishes" for our team. Lastly, the calendar is extremely helpful as you can block out vacations, conferences, and other events, and know, at a glance, what's happening each day without having to search through Outlook or other resources.

Pros

I've used SharePoint for over a decade. Long before "the cloud" was the tech buzz word, SharePoint was providing users with web-based storage access, and it still does. There are many things to like about SharePoint. First and foremost, it functions much like a web site. Users can easily navigate to their SharePoint home page and set up additional pages, upload and download files, add calendars and calendar events, and much more. SharePoint also creates archives of all files, so if you revise a file and then later need to see an earlier version of that file, you can use SharePoint's versioning functionality to do this. It's a great utility for storing files of all sorts that others on your team need to use. Uploading and downloading files couldn't be easier. We created different landing pages based on our company's needs. For example, we have a Marketing page to store our collateral, a Content page for manuscripts and legal documents, and an HR page for human resources-related materials.

Cons

It can take users a bit of time to understand the unique functionality of SharePoint. However, if you navigate around the toolbars you should find what you are looking for. In terms of design, SharePoint is relatively basic, so users looking for something with a bit more visual flash might be disappointed. Though if you are mainly looking for a reliable place to manage countless files, SharePoint is probably right for you.

Bobby S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Bobby's Sharepoint Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's great that most big companies use Sharepoint as well. We have been able to use Sharepoint with multiple companies with integrating new softwares and products. It has definitely been the best product for working with teams inside and outside of the company.

Pros

This software is perfect for sharing files throughout the company, especially one like ours that covers multiple states. With Sharepoint, we can work on things as a team without having to be on a call with one another.

Cons

It took a little bit to get setup and to train everyone how to use it, but once everyone grasped the concept, it hasn't been too bad.

Evan S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Daily user and administrator,

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

We use SharePoint primarily as version control for documentation and also for request tracking via a SharePoint list. It is an adequate solution for these needs but leaves some things to be desired.

Pros

Convenient way to share files in and outside of your organization. It is truly loaded with good features; whether or not your instance will be capable of utilizing them all is another question (see cons).

Cons

Occasional integration issues with Microsoft's other apps such as OneNote. I had the hardest time moving a OneNote from one SharePoint to another and wound up having to do so one page at a time.

SharePoint lists are our only recourse within my company for external user request tracking, and they are clunky at best. Users do not like the front-end form no matter how much tinkering we do in the provided form design tools SharePoint Design and Infopath.

Poor visibility of who has access to what. The permissions hierarchy and inheritance is just not clear, and clean-up of any SharePoint you take ownership of will be a hassle.

Many useful and seemingly rudimentary tasks are made difficult by integration issues with our corporate network, however this could have as much to do with our excessive security protocols than SharePoint. As such, I have not considered it in this review's score but gone ahead and included this complaint as a point of reference for anyone considering adopting SharePoint at their company. If your company's infrastructure and security model is already difficult to navigate, then it is unlikely you'll be able to take full advantage of what SharePoint has to offer without a very talented implementation team.

Industry: Higher Education

Share and SharePoint alike

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

As mentioned briefly above, my most recent experience with SharePoint is using lists. This particular list (with a workflow to assign tasks) replaces an Excel spreadsheet of the same information. Using a SharePoint list instead, complete with different views and user alerts, allows relevant people access to the information they need in the right format, without having to duplicate work, send email updates, etc.

While SharePoint can be frustrating, it seems evident from the updates that there is a move towards more intuitive use.

Pros

The recent updates to SharePoint have come a long way in making it more intuitive to use, and providing a better looking user interface.

The management of the 'apps' (e.g. document libraries, lists, promoted links) has become much easier of late. It would be useful to see more information added to the apps descriptions, to help users determine which best suits their needs, without having to navigate to the Office help pages and/or third party sites.

The best feature for my current use is the ability to create different views of a list, and initiate workflows to assign list items as Tasks for certain users, thereby automating the sharing of the distribution of workload.

Cons

Some parts of SharePoint's functionality can be baffling - without formal training, it can be very difficult to work out how best to utilise SharePoint's features. When SharePoint is used across a large institution, without consistent training differing practices across different teams can make collaboration hard, as Sites/Pages/Libraries have been set up to function so differently. Inheriting a SharePoint site set up by someone else is tricky, as the logic they used to manage the site can be hard to decipher.

Permissions can be hard to manage, particularly as its rarely clear to the requester to whom their requests for access are being sent. This can be frustrating, as it can contradict the 'Share' aspect of SharePoint.

Shikha V.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Proficient tool for storing and sharing the documents

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

My overall experience with Microsoft has been good so far. I am sure there is still so much to learn about this application and I am still discovering new things occasionally. It is suitable if you are looking to create a cloud-based repository of documents and it works efficiently if the IT support team of your company set it up perfectly and they keep updating it steadily.

Pros

SharePoint is the cloud-based tool, which facilitates the storage, sharing, accessing, and managing the files from any location/device using centralized location link. It is a flexible platform and can be implemented and managed in the way you like it.
We have been using this software in our company for almost 3 years now and it is extremely compatible with our needs. It helps in creating a common repository of documents, which can be accessed by multiple users/devices. It works well within groups where the permission to access, edit is given by the primary user. It is one of the best software to manage the confidential information in a controlled and restrictive way. There is an option to chat within the group as well.
All files can be added to library by simple step of drag and drop. It has abundant features to choose from and you can tailor them as per your business needs. Since it is cloud based, it provides inter and intra-departmental cooperation creating a perfect collaborative environment for a small organization.

Cons

One has to be experienced with Microsoft products in order to run this smoothly else, it could be little complicated to learn in the initiate phase. Secondly, it could be expensive than the other products in the market however it provides good features but if you are looking for economical solution, you should research more before buying this. If someone authorized edits something in a document, it becomes difficult to locate where the correction has been made. Though it shows the real-time notification I someone is editing but if you try to locate for the past corrections, it is not easy to find out.

Mandeep J.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

SharePoint is the best web based intranet software to streamline the management of the data and info

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

I have been using this software for information sharing and accessing within my organisation and I can say it's one of the best online web-based tool for sharing record and information and that too very securely. Definitely one of the best software for intranet web based information sharing.

Pros

Microsoft SharePoint is the best software for sharing of documentation and information witin an organization. This software given best control to the owners to enable controlled and restricted access to the information for the targetted users.
This helps users to access the information remotely from any location using centralized location link using web browser hence the companies can place the data securely at a centralized location even with password protection and let their employees to access the information virtually from any location using the link or url to access the information. Users can also edit or create new information on the portal using certain credentials provided as per the organizational chart.
This also helps companies to distribute the important bulletin without being any need to distribute that locally to the employees.
It's one of the best software for such controlled and restricted access to the information and valuable data.

Cons

Though it is very effective tool for management of information Sharing within an organization but it require some experience to set the checkpoints to enable the restricted access to the information to a certain group of peoples such as password protection, applying some read only checks and other restrictions that can be implemented.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

A professional document sharing and collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I've recently been evaluating SharePoint to determine if it is an effective way for our company to share sensitive documents internally and externally with other users involved in our projects. It does seem to be a solid tool for sharing documents securely so we have decided to go with it. So far, so good. I will say that most of the same features are available through Google Docs for free but ultimately, it was the whole package that SharePoint is part of that convinced us to move our workspace into it for the sake of convenience and consistency.

Pros

This software allows you to share your documents, edit and collaborate with other users anywhere in the world in real time, securely. It's an amazing thing when you can see who is currently viewing and editing a document and everything anyone does is automatically saved and secure within the group it is shared with. SharePoint helps save an incredible amount of time and makes remote meetings much more productive. One of the possible drawbacks is that it seems to be limited to people who also use Sharepoint and live in the Microsoft community of software but I recently learned that you can share with people who don't have Microsoft accounts by providing them with a security key to access the documents. It becomes a two step process for them to accept the document and then get the key to enter but at least it is possible and this makes sure your documents remain secure.

Cons

It is possible to share with people who aren't part of your network or even Microsoft's network but again, it takes extra steps. Also, there are settings that enable or disable the feature and it is not very clear where the settings are or how to use all the different share options. It took some trial and error, testing and talks with Microsoft support before we were comfortable that it could do what we needed it to do and how to do it. Even after all of that, it is still a bit unclear when certain options should be used but I suppose that could be considered a benefit of the software's flexibility to do the similar things with different methods.

Harsha V.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The Future Software Point of Sharing a Perfect Collaborative Tool to make an Awesome Organization!

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

+ Creating a new SharePoint site/app/directory is very easy and manageable. Users need to request the access before using the website or owner can manage how and whom to give what permission level of access on each site.
+ We could inherit permissions from top level site or we can manage permissions separately to each individual sub sites.
+ Permissions on each document level! Jaw Dropping feature of genius.
+ It has a plenty amount of features to choose from and you can customize each app to fit your business needs.
+ You can also add sandbox solution based or script based jssor/jsom apps to each SharePoint site.
+ Very easy to share files and information across our organization.
+ Perfect for document management and storage system for employees of many locations.
Syncing the SharePoint content is a nice feature.
+ Uploading/Checking in thousands of documents at one click with the help of explorer is definitely something special.
+ Connecting SharePoint calendars to your Outlook calendar will make your work life easy.
+ SharePoint Designer, Info path, Nintex, K2 all are bonus to have for OOTB Workflow configurations.
+ Content management Checkin, Checkout, Publish, Approve/Reject features are nice features to have on each document.
+ Not only Search, You can even do Filters among search results.
+ Not only Filters, You can do Best Bets on search results.
+ What is more, All search results are very fast across the whole website.

Cons

A humble advice to Microsoft SharePoint team! since we can't host External websites on cloud, It will be good if they come up with Team Communication sites, Forms apps within On Premises.
Comments from Anonymous users on our SharePoint Blogs: If we have the ability to get comments/likes from anonymous users outside our organization it would be helpful for organizations which are depending on SharePoint On Premises version because of PPI (Personal Protected Information) data.
In Overall, There isn't anything to dislike about it, to be honest it is everything we've expected it to be.

Anilkumar P.

Microsoft SharePoint CMS for Managing content and documents of organization

Reviewed on 2017/06/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you are small organization, always prefer SharePoint Online services and SharePoint on-premise is recommended for big organization usually.

Pros

1. Since it is Microsoft product, Area of development and support is very vast and also accepted globally.
2. Guidelines for installing and configuring SharePoint is very easy to compare to other CMS available in the market.
3. From performance and security point of view, SharePoint is the best product for any organization.
4.Can be easily integrated with other Microsoft product such as Outlook, Azure, Yammer, Office, and PowerBI etc.
5. SharePoint also has Foundation version (till SharePoint 2013) for free to target smaller organization.
6. With the release of SharePoint Online on cloud, It provides more flexibility and less IT team work for any organization, especially for a smaller organization.

Cons

1. Maintaining SharePoint on-premises for smaller organisation becomes very difficult and costly because it requires more technical support.
2.SharePoint may have added customization options for those who wants to implement intranet system, Microsoft actually discourages this from happening. The ease of customization with custom designs, especially from a home page perspective, can help businesses better tailor their intranet experience to the individual workers.
3. To work SharePoint search efficiently, Lots of internal customization is needed.
4. Since for SharePoint online, Microsoft is maintaining server, which ends in providing less scope for customizing.
5.Migration from old SharePoint version to new is little complex and requires lots of efforts

Muneeba F.
Industry: Research

Safe, Secure and one of the best Microsoft Products ever!

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Sharepoint has helped me a lot in my business. Sharepoint acts as an extra storage device for me to store all my business relevant data. The space provided by Sharepoint is also quite extensive hence anything can be saved. Entire folders can be uploaded into the Sharepoint browser link so need not to upload/save one file at a time. Also, being a product of Microsoft, it has the best security available. This software is reliable and the top notch security ensures all my data is saved and can't be compromised. My colleagues and I can share the Sharepoint link and can save data simultaneously and also work from it in live time. One of the best Microsoft Products

Pros

Instant reporting 24/7 and consolidate data to get better reports
Can create a unique SharePoint intranet
Can enable cross-department collaboration
Can address multiple service providers
We can decide on the best pricing model
Perfect solution for small businesses planning to grow big.
Central repository / one point of truth to store and share all company data.
There are plenty of licensing models to choose from that will suit any business size.
Extremely scalable and can address multiple business requirements thereby saving you money
Communicate from a single source to give everyone the same message.
Create electronic forms to reduce the paper trail.

Cons

Customization time and costs
Integration can require extra development effort
The licensing model is very complex
You need the right expertise to get it set up correctly.
It will require a lot of configuration and training.
It's browser based so if there is no internet, it means no SharePoint

Susan D.
Industry: Design

SharePoint is an excellent way to set up your company's intranet.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/05/28

A wealth of experience in working with intranet communities. I found this to be invaluable as I went on to create my own online communities.

Pros

I was part of the team with the Oregon Department of Administration in the creation of their employee intranet built with SharePoint.

It was an easy transition for me to learn SharePoint for the following reasons:

Combined with previous knowledge of HTML, my familiarity with Microsoft products made it easy for me to learn SharePoint. With two day's of formal training, I was able to get up to speed in virtually no time.

SharePoint has a wide variety of pre-built modules out of the box from which developers can select.

One very pleasing aspect of the finished project was that the end-users came on board and operated their new employee website with ease and productivity.

It gives the State employees a place both for resources for knowledge of government procedures and a marketing platform to promote their office to the rest of the department.

It gives them a place for teams to streamline their workflow within each office and work together as virtual teams to enhance their digital processes.

It gives each office an opportunity to individualize their space on the intranet to show their office's competencies and assets.

As I am a designer at heart, SharePoint gave me the opportunity to express my creativity through the interpretation and development of each module to fit the end-user.

Cons

If you have the experience ( a background with Microsoft products), it's easy to learn SharePoint. If not, it can be a bit trickier in that the HTML coding is sufficiently different within SharePoint that it can lead to confusion. I found this easy to overcome, but some might not and that is a consideration when selecting software.

Jason M.

Sharepoint 2013 Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Sharepoint, when setup, is wonderful. It's a great way to disseminate new information to our various locations without worrying about consistency. It is so integrated in our environment that it is the homepage for all 209 staff members. However, setting up is difficult and it seems as if the server resources (when on Prem) are not utilized efficiently. Over last 2 years or so, we had to add CPU cores without there being any REAL change in our IT environment or in sharepoint itself.

Pros

The myriad of features. Sharepoint serves as an excellent repository for our company's files, work flows, SOPs, and staff wide notifications. It integrates very well with our other windows products and services such as Active Directory and Office. Our users find the interface to be smooth and free flowing.

Cons

Administration. Managing Sharepoint is somewhat strenuous. About a year ago I tried to upgrade from CUM 8 to CUM10 and it broke the "sites" section. I reverted the changes using a backup I had and tried doing the upgrade again with the help of the Microsoft Support team. The MS Tech was VERY helpful and patient, however we were not successful with the upgrade and I eventually asked that the case be closed since I have already invested several hours.

- Needs to be fully integrated with Chrome. With IE no longer being supported and Chrome having about 70% of the market share, Sharepoint needs to be fully compatible with Chrome to ensure users aren't disrupted.