Microsoft SharePoint Reviews

Oscar
Oscar

Great collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2022/08/25

We have done quite well with the tool.
Little by little we have been using more and more functions.
...

We have done quite well with the tool.
Little by little we have been using more and more functions.
It has helped a lot with the backups and the rotation of personnel that are in the organization.

Pros

We managed to unify in a single platform the management of business documents.
It also gives us a good amount of space, 1TB in total, independent of storage per user.

Cons

Collaboration with third parties still seems a bit complicated to me, we have had some problems with the access of external collaborators and we have to be aware of the permissions.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

It was a combination of factors, including the amount of storage and the combined costs. For example, it was more convenient for us to migrate to Microsoft since it included Office 365 licenses and mail with greater capabilities.

Google Workspace and Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

As I mentioned before, it all comes down to capacity and cost. It is important to management to be able to get more for less, at least when we combine all the capabilities of both products together.
Dale
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

MS SharePoint experience

Reviewed on 2024/05/03

Pros

I am not the most technologically savvy individual, but I find SP easy to navigate. I can find what I'm looking for in seconds!

Cons

I can't think of anything negative about it. We have a ton of information on our site and sometimes I have to think of a different name for something in order to find it in the Search.

Connie
  • Industry: Government Administration

Works well for the right environment

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

I know some larger companies rely heavily on Sharepoint, but they can afford to have high-level IT programmers and developers to manage a Sharepoint farm. Our migration from 2007-2010 cost us 5 years ago and in spite of getting some hands-on guidance to redesign some of the data entry forms/types to suit our needs, I wasn't able to pick this application up and run with it like I can with others. Infopath was supposed to help w/the forms, but then I saw MS was dropping it in more recent editions. We got Sharepoint as part of our O365 upgrade, but in trying to set it up as just a collaboration repository/staff intranet site, I realized I was going to have to make a significant investment of time and found support from our O365 provider and our IT managed services provider VERY lacking. We already moved on to another application for managing work orders and projects, so I think there's a much simpler "Intranet" tool out there that will be much easier, cost-effective, and flexible for us to manage for the limited needs we have for it now.

Pros

Part of the Office platform and integrates with other MS apps. Offers somewhat simple setup to build a collaborative space.

Cons

Requires a specialized and expensive vendor to truly manage and ensure security of the environment. We used it for work orders between departments, but alerting was not ideal -- duplicate alerts triggered by setting alerts to fire under different circumstances. We've used SP since about 2007 and I've built lists and integrated it with a database and a couple of 3rd party applications built to work with it. I'm pretty much self-taught in all network and user applications (Windows server/AD, Exchange, and MS power user), but I struggled with trying to set up custom forms and found some of the lists inflexible. For example, my HR "portal" had to be set up as separate lists based on what Sharepoint would allow -- one that allowed me to upload documents, another to manage URL/links to external sites.

David
David

Simple, effective, but ensure you understand other elements of 365 first

Reviewed on 2024/02/26

Very simple to use and configure, there is little you can get wrong. But lesser tech minded people will use it incorrectly which can cause a lot of issues.

Pros

Lots of controls, clean layout, native integration with others Windows products makes everything very streamlined.

Cons

Other elements of 365 (e.g. 365 groups, Intune & Entra) will affect things like permissions etc. Be wary of which groups can access files, as you may find some users have more access than anticipated.

Liam

Straight forward simple solution

Reviewed on 2024/05/08

Pros

Certain amount of storage as part of exisiting licensing. Offers a familiar experience for employees to use.

Cons

Gets very expensive when you require more storage for files. Could use more features for document management. Also better features for documentation/ KB articles.

Imi
Imi
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

I use SharePoint for everything

Reviewed on 2021/06/03

Shapepoint is a platform that is is growing for content management services and offers a high amount of value today for any adopter.
The experience is quite positive as users who gets trained once to use a SharePoint site are ready to use any other site due to the standard uniformity that is baked into the application.
Once you have office 365, you should try to built your next enterprise internal focus app in sharepoint.

Pros

SharePoint is like a flat table top that is empty at first but you can use it to create all sorts of database and data storage application for you small to mid size organization without the heavy lifting and IT capital expense.
Apps can be designed and developed for internal organizational staff use in days.
Apps can be modified with low or no code experience.
Organizational users, after using the SharePoint tool can transfer their practice on any other SharePoint site/app, this helps with institutional strengthening where the framework is one standard platform that can be used to fit most or all internal system.
SharePoint is at least secured as much as O356 can be. I use SharePoint online only these days.

I must say that sharepoint list are greatest tool every but you have to get a forms designer to make them very exciting and function especially when you are considering to build a full system.

Cons

It a growing platform. Today, I think that Microsoft need to include an easy to use SharePoint forms design tool with the product. Customization of forms with PowerAPP is not suitable today, too much work to get just little activities and task.
There needs to be an infopath replacement that is easy to use.

Sharepoints at this time of wring sucks from a design and layout perspective. If you looking for functionalities, Sharepoint got you back, if you want to have the best modern UI then you will not like SharePoint.

NetDocuments

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

It is offered as part of the O365, I did not originally choose it. But then after using NetDocument which then started to point to integration with OneDrive I notice that a decision was to be made. The decision is SharePoint and OneDrive. Collaboration, Controls, liberation, without any of the IT headaches.
Lori

Documents for all areas of our Learning Center

Reviewed on 2024/04/29

Pros

All of the documents that we use for our Learning center are easy to find with a search.

Cons

The organization of the files and folders need more specific titles to be able to find in a search

Jan

SharePoint

Reviewed on 2024/05/03

Meets expectations for our company, fast and easy file sharing

Meets expectations for our company, fast and easy file sharing

Pros

Easy file sharing for a large number of users

Cons

Illogicalities in the settings, long installation time of microsoft updates

Ramesh

Microsoft SharePoint is versailte and easy to itnegrate

Reviewed on 2024/04/29

Pros

I like its easy of use, easy plugin and play with other Microsoft products. It

Cons

It is vey slow sometimes the page loads slower. It does not feel easy to go to a particular shortcut. There are ao many icons and sections that it is difficult to navigate

New to Sharepoint last year

Reviewed on 2024/05/02

Pros

I needed to begin using Sharepoint last year as part of a contract the company entered into. It took a but to learn but now that we are familiar with it, it seems to be efficient.

Cons

Took a but of time and effort to learn as it didn’t seem to be intuitive in how to use its features.

Peter
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Sharepoint as a secure file sync and share platform

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I have personally had mix results. We ultimately made the decision because of the blended Office 365 costs, reducing our FSS-specific contract with a 3rd party vendor, who happened to be a leader in the space and had a far richer UX.

Pros

I like the integration with the microsoft cloud and the ability to share and concurrently edit from shared, sharepoint websites we use to share with internal and external stakeholders.

Cons

It seems like security is a big concern and user experience is not up to par with other FSS solutions like Box/Dropbox.

Box

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

The switch was made predominately due to budget. The Microsoft 365 Enterprise package was able to hide the actual cost of FSS, which was an additional line item for the Box platform. It made it almost impossible to stay with Box.

Box

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

total cost of ownership (vs. using multiple providers).
Andrea
Andrea
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Collaboration, backup and automation

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Sharepoint has allowed me to be more efficient in different ways, with many of its functionalities, I generally hope that one of them will allow me to make a process more collaborative, controlled and at the same time automated.
Currently the entire organization has access to use the software, in the same way the introduction and migration to Sharepoint from local servers has been gradual, mostly due to people's resistance to something new and unknown. In my department specifically, has been a greater acceptance, integration and discovery by constant learning by some team members who are not exploiting all the advantages of the software yet.

Pros

Permission management: This is super relevant and wonderful for controlling what your audience can see and do, for example, when you need someone to constantly see changes to a "living document" but not have the ability to intervene in the process.

Contact groups: I find it super good since not necessarily the site administrators are the only ones who can manage the group, you can make any member of the group can manage the rest of the members without this being involved in other site settings . Also when granting permissions, distributing documents, announcements, tasks, it is very easy to do it by group of contacts than one by one.

Version history: We know that we are exposed to errors and accidents, so having the previous versions of a document, being able to see who has modified and having the possibility of restoring any of those versions can save the day. I always feel that I am protected and that is why I always promote working in the cloud.

Cons

Please provide some detailed examples of areas where MS SharePoint has room for improvement. These could be features that are hard to use, missing functionality, or just things that you'd like to see done differently.

Modern view / classic view: I really appreciate the minimalist change that has been made with many of the menus in the latest versions of sharepoint, but most of the time it complicates me and generates many more clicks (much more time) wanting to do one This action can be done by changing to the classic view from the ribbon, for example, managing permissions for a site, being able to manage sharepoint groups.

A little more advanced configurations, without becoming complex that depend a lot on the IT department.

Descriptions of some options or settings can become confusing, complicated and you simply are not able to know if it is what you are looking for or not, the language to the user is sometimes understood only through trial and error.

mupo
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Corporate File Sharing System

Reviewed on 2021/04/10

My experience with SharePoint has been positive as it allows for the central storage of all business-related documents and permissions. It removes the need for duplicate emails with huge files. Alternatively, we easily upload files and swap a SharePoint link, which we can all use at the same time. The user interface is fantastic but requires training for beginners. Overall, getting it is a smart thing because it helps with tracking.

Pros

SharePoint is an excellent tool, but due to a large number of features, it can easily be overlooked by those new to the app. The thing I loved about SharePoint is that you can easily upload documents, and search the documents. This made it easier for users to upload files easily and share a link to the file. Using this platform allowed quick access to files from any location, which was previously not possible due to files being stored on a local server.

Cons

I had difficulties setting up local use/offline SharePoint, which proved to be a concern, but the online version works well. Another problem I discovered with the program is that it becomes difficult to trace files as many people upload them.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

Google Drive lacks certain features that SharePoint has. The ability to build different templates for different projects, delegate tasks, assign appropriate roles to users, and upload documents easily. Another advantage of SharePoint that Google Drive lacks is access to a number of web pages and the ability to create a corporate portal.
Paul
  • Industry: Sports

Best suited for complex organizations

Reviewed on 2022/01/13

SharePoint works passably well in a large, centralized organization. It does not work so well when rapid, dynamic versioning is needed for a small group.

Pros

Sharepoint offers a viable alternative to other cloud-based document sharing platforms with the added bonuc that it integrates fairly well with Teams.

Cons

Unless you have a dedicated IT support staff, this is a flat out beast to configure properly. With multiple collaborators version tracking is cumbersome and frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

We incorrectly assumed that switching from Google Drive to a MicroSoft option would be beneficial. We were wrong and had to abandon the product.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

We incorrectly thought that Sharepoint would make our work easier and more collaborative. The product is too complex and cumbersome for our needs.
Dawn
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great value, Somewhat difficult implementation

Reviewed on 2022/06/24

I love the ability to store documents in different folders, and the idea of sharing folder-related information is appealing if an organization has the time and expertise to be able to use that feature. Even though it's been tough getting all our staff acclimated, it has been a really good, cost-effective product for our non-profit org.

Pros

This software has a great price for non-profits orgs, and has some pretty incredible, useful features. However, those features are only good if the org's staff is willing to invest time into learning to use them.

Cons

The emails that are sent to the administrators with upcoming changes are written to an IT audience. For a small organization that may not have the staff with that expertise or experience, they are difficult to understand. I really wish Microsoft emails could be understood by a larger audience.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

We wanted to make sure we wouldn't lose documents and didn't want to use complicated methods to access an on-site server while we were off-site.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

Cost was lower, and there were multiple additional features that were appealing, such as Teams.
  • Industry: Publishing

Leveraging The Microsoft 365 Ecosystem with Microsoft SharePoint For Efficient Collaboration

Reviewed on 2022/10/23

Our overall experience with Microsoft SharePoint has been good mainly due to the user friendly interface and integrations we have with other Microsoft 365 applications that we use.Also we are able to easily collaborate with users who do not have a Microsoft 365 account.

Pros

Microsoft Sharepoint has allow us to effectively collaborate with our global team and third party without exposing us to security risks or restricting our workflowWe are able to restore files deleted in error or malisciously or affected by ransomware thanks to versioning.We are able to synchronize documents across multiple devices which is very convenient for mobile team members who may need to access a document from a mobile device while in transit or not in the office or not have access to their normal work device.

Cons

We have not yet come across any real issue with SharePoint since we have used this for so many years.I think outside of temporary technical glitches or comparison with specific features someone would be used to in another solution Microsoft SharePoint has not displayed any issue for us.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

We were already using Microsoft exchange and Microsoft SharePoint was bundled also it was centrally managed since the personal Google Drive solution was used where files were decentralized and this created major problems when a staff no longer worked with the company.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

We were already using Microsoft Exchange and since SharePoint was already bundled it would not required additional cost to move over using SharePoint.
Oluwadamilola

Microsoft SharePoint as A Comprehensive Collaboration Tool

Reviewed on 2023/01/28

Microsoft SharePoint is an incredibly powerful collaboration tool that is easy to use and highly customizable. It allows teams to stay connected and organized, and provides a wide array of features and tools to help them do their job. The user interface is intuitive, and while there is a learning curve for those new to the platform, it is well worth the effort.

Pros

Microsoft SharePoint is an incredibly useful collaboration tool that helps teams stay connected and organized. It is incredibly easy to use, and provides a wide range of features and tools that make it an incredibly powerful tool for any organization. The user interface is intuitive and user friendly, and the ability to customize the platform to fit the specific needs of the organization is a major plus.

Cons

One of the few drawbacks of Microsoft SharePoint is that its capabilities can be overwhelming for those who are unfamiliar with the platform. It can take some time for users to become comfortable with the various features and tools available, and there can be a steep learning curve for those new to the platform.

Josh

The gold standard of business data management & sharing, but does still come with it's quirks.

Reviewed on 2023/06/07

I would recommend it to any business looking to move there data from an on premises solution, into the cloud.

Pros

Migrating to the Sharepoint cloud is easy with the official Microsoft migration tool and having your business data stored in this secure manner is reassuring. Syncing documents to your computer locally via the OneDrive client is one of the best included features.

Cons

Whilst the OneDrive client integration is one of it's best features, it can also be the worst at times. There is still much work to be done by Microsoft in terms of the solution's stability. The access control list functionality also needs simplifying as it often contradicts itself when moving between the modern and classic UI's.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

On premises file servers are quickly becoming a thing of the past with many businesses looking to be entirely cloud based.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

Keeping these systems within the Microsoft ecosystem is beneficial and more efficient. Integration with other Microsoft products is also key!
Claude Real
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great collaboration, document management and data collecting tool

Reviewed on 2023/10/18

Globally, SharePoint is the best document management tool, collaboration tool and internal communication tool on the market.

Pros

The lists, librairies and metadatas are the great features of SharePoint. Also the front end tool Microsoft Teams renders the collaboration on projects even better.

Cons

The ability to break the security heritage of folder is one of the worst feature now that metadatas are available to manage per type security. Also the desktop synchronization using Microsoft OneDrive creates all sorts of problem and should not be used.

iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

Google Workspace doesn't have metadatas to regulate access, permissions and to better the classification and I was having a very big spaghetti of folders and subfolders and the search of content was very difficult because of it. Also Collaboration using Google Workspace is very difficult and involves a lot of different tool instead of a single environment.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

iCloud can only collaborate with other iCloud users. It doesn't offer any equivalent to SharePoint. iCloud doesn't have the ability to create lists to collect data, doesn't have metadatas to organize and secure content. In other words, iCloud doesn't have much to offer for professional use.
Mandeep
Mandeep
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

SharePoint is the best web based intranet software to streamline the management of the data...

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

I have been using this software for information sharing and accessing within my organisation and I can say it's one of the best online web-based tool for sharing record and information and that too very securely. Definitely one of the best software for intranet web based information sharing.

Pros

Microsoft SharePoint is the best software for sharing of documentation and information witin an organization. This software given best control to the owners to enable controlled and restricted access to the information for the targetted users.
This helps users to access the information remotely from any location using centralized location link using web browser hence the companies can place the data securely at a centralized location even with password protection and let their employees to access the information virtually from any location using the link or url to access the information. Users can also edit or create new information on the portal using certain credentials provided as per the organizational chart.
This also helps companies to distribute the important bulletin without being any need to distribute that locally to the employees.
It's one of the best software for such controlled and restricted access to the information and valuable data.

Cons

Though it is very effective tool for management of information Sharing within an organization but it require some experience to set the checkpoints to enable the restricted access to the information to a certain group of peoples such as password protection, applying some read only checks and other restrictions that can be implemented.

Shikha
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Proficient tool for storing and sharing the documents

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

My overall experience with Microsoft has been good so far. I am sure there is still so much to learn about this application and I am still discovering new things occasionally. It is suitable if you are looking to create a cloud-based repository of documents and it works efficiently if the IT support team of your company set it up perfectly and they keep updating it steadily.

Pros

SharePoint is the cloud-based tool, which facilitates the storage, sharing, accessing, and managing the files from any location/device using centralized location link. It is a flexible platform and can be implemented and managed in the way you like it.
We have been using this software in our company for almost 3 years now and it is extremely compatible with our needs. It helps in creating a common repository of documents, which can be accessed by multiple users/devices. It works well within groups where the permission to access, edit is given by the primary user. It is one of the best software to manage the confidential information in a controlled and restrictive way. There is an option to chat within the group as well.
All files can be added to library by simple step of drag and drop. It has abundant features to choose from and you can tailor them as per your business needs. Since it is cloud based, it provides inter and intra-departmental cooperation creating a perfect collaborative environment for a small organization.

Cons

One has to be experienced with Microsoft products in order to run this smoothly else, it could be little complicated to learn in the initiate phase. Secondly, it could be expensive than the other products in the market however it provides good features but if you are looking for economical solution, you should research more before buying this. If someone authorized edits something in a document, it becomes difficult to locate where the correction has been made. Though it shows the real-time notification I someone is editing but if you try to locate for the past corrections, it is not easy to find out.

• Industry: Furniture

Great at organizing user inputs through lists. API has room for improvement.

Reviewed on 2021/08/06

Pros

The fact that everything is a list (from files, calendars, list items, todo...etc.) allows you to basically create lightweight applications with custom fields in a matter of hours. You can replace microsoft project with a simple list with custom fields and on top of that you will have way more advanced functions such as customizing the forms and making it feel like a real app.

Cons

The UI feels like a half-baked solution. Many of the interfaces are stuck in the old sharepoint experience while many others are taking advantage of the new UI (which sometimes lacks functionality from the old one). On top of that the Graph API for list is not complete, new connectors for PowerBI for example cannot read items that are under folders and only explore the top level. There are workarounds but will involve launching in parallel light tech to cover for these gaps, in my case Azure pipelines and logic apps.

Jira

Microsoft Project
Sandra

Microsoft SharePoint Review

Reviewed on 2022/02/01

Assuming you need something that will incorporate flawlessly with all of the Microsoft programs, certainly go with sharepoint. I recently had utilized distributed storage that was an alternate stage, so opening reports that were Microsoft Office were troublesome now and again. I love the wonderful way effectively this coordinates into our Microsoft Outlook, and I desire to keep involving it long into the future.

The offering choice to the associates inside the association and reflecting the organizers with OneDrive is helpful. We are investigating the site choices to share more information and accomplish more. It is so intriguing to see a few insights for explicit documents and see the movement of different clients as well.

Pros

Having the option to allow the client to arrive at their archives from any gadget. They presently can share out remotely just as inside. So making it simpler to communicate with outside customers and merchants. You can likewise now hinder undesirable records from going up. Which is something worth being thankful for now and again? You additionally have great reinforcements maintenance. Simple connection can be arrangement. Great method for working from a distance at no additional expense. SharePoint has its own device for transferring documents.

Capacity for a considerable length of time to deal with alter and share reports. Capacity to have a focal area for everybody, in a gathering, to go to for updates, data, and reference. Whenever utilized appropriately, never again need to ponder internally, where is that record/data.

Sharepoint is an electronic archive the board apparatus, yet the best thing I like with regards to share point is that it upholds distributing your sites. It isn't similar to you have a whole fledge site. In any case, for your little or even huge group, for instance, an organization, it holds up sites that the inner individuals of your unit use, so for my purposes, from the place of documentation coordinator devices to do that, I like this highlight definitely.

Cons

It can be costly as most organizations that don't have a devoted SharePoint group should manage the execution stage and continuous upkeep with external service providers. This can be expensive, tedious, and can adversely affect worker efficiency.

Transferring documents has serious room for improvement. Not something simple to move large number of documents. Now and again you should utilize an outsider programming. You should rename documents so they are legitimate to transfer. Any other way you will run into issues. End clients will become a piece furious with you. So you should give preparing. It is absolutely impossible to get around it.

Elizabeth

Microsoft Sharepoint Review.

Reviewed on 2022/04/21

My overall experience with SharePoint has been incredible, as I have been able to understand various advantages including, yet not restricted to, the capacity to work with team members on various tasks continuously, the capacity to store documents of different formats, and the capacity to share the previously mentioned records straightforwardly from the stage through email easily. I applaud for this help and would without a doubt prescribe others to check it out as well as it is definitely justified.

Pros

I'm working with SharePoint for all most 2 years, and it's an extraordinary device for managing information. A portion of the incredible component that I like most is my data is put away in the cloud we can undoubtedly get to it from cell phones and workstations or work areas. Also, we can accomplish ongoing work on a similar document utilizing SharePoint. We don't have to send a document on different occasions and revise over and over work on the single record. We incorporate SharePoint with our MS Groups and we can undoubtedly work on a document going on the program and our data is programmed on SharePoint. This is an extraordinary element of SharePoint. The stage is adjustable and exceptionally coordinated. The one significant in addition to point is that you can alter the Microsoft Word/Succeed/PowerPoint documents online without downloading a disconnected duplicate, and the teammates can see changes continuously.

Cons

With an ongoing accentuation on marking drives, our organization sees a developing need to have consistency across each of the stages we use. However there are numerous customization choices inside SharePoint, we need more. Having the option to add our own textual styles on the website. We can achieve what is expected to set up the website, yet having more choices would take into consideration a greatly improved client experience and a more current shift focus over to the webpage.

Anilkumar
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Microsoft SharePoint CMS for Managing content and documents of organization

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

If you are small organization, always prefer SharePoint Online services and SharePoint on-premise is recommended for big organization usually.

Pros

1. Since it is Microsoft product, Area of development and support is very vast and also accepted globally.
2. Guidelines for installing and configuring SharePoint is very easy to compare to other CMS available in the market.
3. From performance and security point of view, SharePoint is the best product for any organization.
4.Can be easily integrated with other Microsoft product such as Outlook, Azure, Yammer, Office, and PowerBI etc.
5. SharePoint also has Foundation version (till SharePoint 2013) for free to target smaller organization.
6. With the release of SharePoint Online on cloud, It provides more flexibility and less IT team work for any organization, especially for a smaller organization.

Cons

1. Maintaining SharePoint on-premises for smaller organisation becomes very difficult and costly because it requires more technical support.
2.SharePoint may have added customization options for those who wants to implement intranet system, Microsoft actually discourages this from happening. The ease of customization with custom designs, especially from a home page perspective, can help businesses better tailor their intranet experience to the individual workers.
3. To work SharePoint search efficiently, Lots of internal customization is needed.
4. Since for SharePoint online, Microsoft is maintaining server, which ends in providing less scope for customizing.
5.Migration from old SharePoint version to new is little complex and requires lots of efforts