Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews

Bullhorn ATS & CRM

4,1 (1 060)
Recruiting and applicant tracking software

(1 060)

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Bullhorn for your Daily Use- Staffing Recruiters Best Friend

Reviewed on 2016/08/18

Bullhorn is both our ATS and CRM. We utilize the tool on a daily basis for Activity Tracking, Reporting, Job Order Management and Candidate Search. The tool has helped bring everyone to a common platform with a common process. This has helped us maintain better performance metrics, overall reporting and candidate engagement.

Pros

Bullhorn is a great tool that is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The time to get a recruiter or an account manager up to speed on the basics of Bullhorn is relatively simple. Getting people to use all the power of Bullhorn is where consistent reminders and training is needed. The tool is great for tracking anything and allows you to forget because you can set reminders to follow up on items, track past emails, etc. The tool really will change how you recruit.

Cons

Bullhorn has lots of great tools out of the box so it is best to explore this before completing too much customization and automations. You may find better out of the box ways to do things versus spending money on customizations that you don't need or use after going live.

Sarah
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Could be better, not interested in the smaller accoubts

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

I found bullhorn a deterrent to recording information in the main & tended to rely on email & memory. Only when the connection speed was at its very fastest did I find it functional to use.

Pros

Compatibility with broadbean & cv preview.

Cons

Distribution lists, coding, speed, intuition.

Chuck

Bullhorn review

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

I'm a former MaxHire advocate, user, trainer, etc. Love the platform. So this is kind of like a Chevy fanatic reviewing a Ford :-)

Pros

Very clean interface. No over-crowding. Mostly intuitive to use. Love that it's not an installed client on a machine and is cloud based. I like how you can immediately edit some field values on records while viewing them in list format. Love the reporting features and functionality. Hands down 1 of the best here that I've seen.

Cons

uploading data by .csv...if some data on the spreadsheet is a dupe in BH, it will tell you that x# of the uploads were duplicate. Okay - great. But then, that x# of dupes don't get displayed in my list. So then I have saved the new uploads into a tearsheet, sort the tearsheet A-Z and then open my spreadsheet to cross reference who the missing x#s are to then go find them individually in BH and add to the tearsheet. In MaxHire - which Bullhorn OWNS - I get an option to add the dupes to the list. BRILLIANT!

Activities tab in a person record - I think by default always shows (0). But once you click it, you can then see placements, interviews, appointments, tasks, etc. This makes it really challenging to quickly search for those who have any of those activities.

The Bullhorn Accelerator browser extension rarely works. How many times do I have to continue logging in to use it? Same for the Outlook add-in.

Set up - I'm really disappointed that Bullhorn doesn't take the additional time on initial configuration to work with new clients on setting up (or at least notifying the client of these things) email integration with Outlook or Gmail. This should be a default practice by Bullhorn. I've now been at 2 companies on Bullhorn who didn't even have this setup and didn't even know the possibility existed. Bullhorn should be making these recommendations - they are called best practices - or making these things set up defaults. I know the user has to work with their domain host/email host.

Tearsheets - brilliant idea - but to me, a tearsheet is my call list. I put people in a tearsheet per my planning for the next day. You open the tearsheet and you have to open each record to get to the phone number to be able to call them. This is an epic fail. Tearsheet lists don't even display the binoculars for a profile quick view. That would help. Tearsheets don't allow you to manipulate the fields being displayed on the tearsheet (to display contact info). This is a big fail.
It was only after months of frustration that we opened a ticket about this to learn that we have to open the tearsheet through contact or candidate fields to then get access to what makes a tearsheet beneficial in the first place. Totally frustrating.

Calendar - EPIC FAIL - Bullhorn doesn't have a calendar. I live in Bullhorn, but have to use my Google Calendar or Outlook calendar to see what my day looks like? Again - you guys OWN MaxHire. Another great feature for Bullhorn to make happen. And if I book appointments for people on my team with a client or candidate (and I won't be attending), I don't even see the event at all because I didn't invite myself to get the message to my inbox to then accept my own invitation. Come on - that's frustrating. How can I see when to follow up or get a reminder to follow up if it doesn't exist on my calendar.

Eugeniu

Using it daily

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Pros

The functionality that helps me access from contacts - the LinkedIn page of the person.

Cons

I understand the complexity of the platform but it's slow for me to use

• Industry: Insurance

Streamline Your Hiring and Sales Processes"

Reviewed on 2023/05/11

Praising the system's powerful tools for candidate sourcing, resume parsing, and job posting, as well as its intuitive interface and customizable workflows. The system also offers strong reporting and analytics capabilities, allowing users to gain insights into key metrics and make data-driven decisions.That being said, some users have noted issues with cost, complexity, and customer support, which may make the system less attractive for certain businesses. However, overall, Bullhorn ATS & CRM is a solid option for companies looking to streamline their recruitment and sales operations and improve their overall efficiency and effectiveness.

Pros

Bullhorn allowing users to tailor the platform to their specific needs and workflows.Additionally, Bullhorn ATS & CRM provides powerful reporting and analytics capabilities, enabling users to track key metrics and gain valuable insights into their recruiting and sales operations. The system also integrates with a wide range of third-party tools, such as job boards, social media platforms, and productivity apps, making it a versatile and flexible solution for businesses of all sizes.

Cons

Cost: Some users have noted that Bullhorn ATS & CRM can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses with limited budgets.Complexity: While many users have praised the system's user-friendly interface, others have found it to be overly complex and difficult to navigate, especially for new users.Customer support: Some users have reported issues with customer support, citing slow response times and difficulty in getting their issues resolved in a timely manner.Lack of integrations: While Bullhorn ATS & CRM does offer integrations with many third-party tools, some users have noted that certain integrations are missing or not fully functional, limiting the system's flexibility and adaptability.

Alex
Alex

Customer support is amazing

Reviewed on 2023/07/10

Pros

It's generally super user-friendly. the ability to have multiple tabs open within the CRM. Being able to flag actions/comments to other team members. it allows the team to keep track of applicants and where they are in the process. Great and consistent customer support.

Cons

The searches are inaccurate - narrowing down candidates takes much more time than it should. No simple way to view all CV sends interviews and other bits of pipeline all on one page. The Dashboards aren't great.

Jamie
  • Industry: Human Resources

Efficient system for managing recruitment agency process from client & candidate side.

Reviewed on 2023/04/20

Bullhorn does what it says on the tin, it's an efficient clean well integrated candidate, job and client management system. If you get great partner software's to merge with Bullhorn the journey can be even more efficient.

Pros

It was smooth in terms of it's operation, it was a great way to manage your KPI's through intelligence and stats gathering so you know you were 'following the process'

Cons

Visually after using Vincere one of Bullhorn's competitors, they could smooth the visualisations to understand candidate and client stages better.

Marc
Marc

Solid and Useful Tool for Recruiting and Sales

Reviewed on 2016/05/16

I have used Bullhorn from 2004 until 2015 -- when my employer took a slight break to convert over to another ATS based on SalesForce. Full Disclosure -- Bullhorn was taking too long to convert us over to the S Release and our Management felt it was time to make a change to a new product.

After a little less than 1 year on the SalesForce product ( it was a terrible experience ) , our Company is back to using Bullhorn, this time on the S Release version.

Bullhorn is a solid tool for Recruitment and Sales in the Staffing and Solutions arena. With the S Release, I feel Bullhorn has only improved. We're able to use the product on all browsers and the mobile experience has gotten slightly improved.

We've had Bullhorn integrated with exchange since roughly 2006 and it has been a great balance. We get to use a great email client and Bullhorn still tracks and stores all communications to clients and candidates.

Pros

Bullhorn has great usability 'Right out of the Box and is easy and flexible to customize screens and fields.
Intuitive workflow with the ability to track the most important Activities, events, and stats
They have built up many great partnerships with 3rd party products and services so that integration can be very easy
Customer Support has improved dramatically in the last 5 years.

Cons

Reporting has improved with the S-Release for standard reports. But Customized reporting is still difficult to do on your own -- if not impossible -- and often requires their professional services

Seetha

Best ATS

Reviewed on 2023/04/15

Its very user friendly. Easy to use. Easy to maintain relationship to the candidates end to end recruitment life cycle process. Some times it takes loading time to fetching candidates. Otherwise all good.

Pros

I Like Bullhorn very much. It is used source candidates. It is very much useful for non IT requirements. Following up the candidates is too good. Good database also.

Cons

Overall experience is too good. Best candidate management tool like scheduling interviews followups feedbacks. Everything should be noted using this ATS. Best interaction between the client and candidates. Bullhorn acts like a good database.

Kevin

Solid ATS

Reviewed on 2023/05/09

Pros

I like that you can have both sales contacts and applicants in 1 system.

Cons

When I was using it, it was somewhat slow.

Darshan

Excellent Recruitment Platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Collaboration between many other teams which is used in hiring process is a lot easier using Bullhorn. It helps us to keep each and everything track in a timely manner. Mass Emailing is the effective feature where you can send emails to many candidates whom we are exactly looking at without a candidate knowing them that it's a mass email because the mail looks as if you have sent the mail personally.

Pros

User friendly complexity is reduced a lot compared to the old version of software. It has an option to save the visa status of the candidate. Tracking candidates and updating their status if they are available in the market or not is easy. Using it couple of time makes you an expert in it. Picks up the exact candidates which we are looking for based on the key skills which we have used. It has an option to leave notes which helps other users in the same company to know in the candidate is interested or if any others have reached the same candidate. Each user has his own dashboard to check the number of submission done and the interviews. total number of candidate on boarded. Its lot worth than what we are paying . Loading time is less which helps us to reach many candidates with short duration of time. All the mails sent to the candidate is saved in the history which is more helpful. You can find the candidates profile by just making a search be his address or name or by his contact number.

Cons

if the resume is in the PDF format then this cannot be downloaded in the DOCX format. When we are facing an issue we don’t have a source to gain knowledge about it only the training of this software is given at particular time. I see that there is a bit delay in the customer service response. When we open three to four new tab and open new jobs in each and refresh the highlighting part will be interchanged.

mark

Bullhorn review, stay away if you are not a large recruiting firm

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

Their product lacks common sense functionality for basic recruiting. An example is the inability to remove a candidate from a target list from the candidate record itself. You have to navigate to a separate list section to remove the candidate from the list.

There is zero relationship with them as a company. An example is having to go through a scripted check in with every customer service phone call, with a high probability of never speaking to say person twice. Another example is investing an hour of my time with their product management people for them to hear my input of suggested common sense functionality. Promises were made that the most simple suggestions would be done within "six months", it has been over twelve and none of them have been embraced.

Their product updates are heavily centered around score boarding and other sales productivity and CRM measurements, etc. , largely for executives to analyze and motivate large teams. This functionality is not relevant or helpful to a small recruiting team.

Their product is super inflexible and often requires professional services at $$ per session to make a change. An example would be a need to change all candidate's with the city name of "Washington" to "District of Columbia". This simple database update is not possible without Professional Services' involvement, at $$. This is a silly example, but you get the point.

We finally decided to pull the plug and go to different firm. We had to pay up the entire contract in advance in order to get OUR data backed up. We immediately paid in advance, dealt with them wanting to bill us twice (not recognizing the advance payment) and with big delays and false promises on when will get OUR data. It has been two weeks, still waiting.

STAY AWAY FROM BULLHORN.

Response from Bullhorn

Hi Mark,
I'm very sorry that we failed to provide you with a great customer experience. While, one of the issues you mentioned (the ability to remove a candidate from a tear sheet from the candidate record) has been updated in a recent product release, I understand your additional frustrations. If you would like to discuss your experience with Bullhorn further, or if their is any way I can assist you in your cancellation process, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] am happy to be of help.

Best,
Emily Saquet
Customer Marketing Specialist at Bullhorn

Sandy

Customizable but Limited Efficiency

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

I liked Bullhorn for its ease of use, but there were some areas where they really fall behind.

Pros

Bullhorn is easy to learn how to use and makes many functions of the Staffing world easier--for example, you can add custom fields to Bullhorn pretty easily to start tracking new aspects of your business, and it's fairly simple to add candidates, parse data, etc.

The reporting features are very helpful, provided your employees add in the data when they are supposed to. It's easy to filter out people and get the call lists you need.

Cons

Bullhorn's integrations with other software systems is a huge problem, as it decreases efficiency in the workflows. For example, although it can integrate with Sterling I-9s, it can't integrate with background checks. Even the I-9 integration looks sloppy and crashes a lot which adds many extra steps to your workflow.

It always amazed me how hard it was to integrate with a phone system--even after their multiple updates we couldn't click a number and dial it from the computer. That alarms me, as this software is built for people who are on the phone all day.

It's hard to do a mass-update for people. For example, if you add a new field, it's hard to complete it for a bunch of people and when you make the changes it often crashes the system. If you've been in business for a while this is a problem.

Applicant Tracking System

Reviewed on 2018/09/02

Pros

1. Full function for recruiting, keeps all information intact from parsing, screening, endorsment and placement.

2. It is great to use for multi tasking. Can open several jobs at once, can pull up multiple candidates

3. One great feature of this software would be their tear sheet. Can make a list private or public of candidates in certain location, skills or qualities that can be used for future references. You can also use this tear sheet to send multiple emails at once.

4. Bullhorn, gives you flexibility with integration. This also serves as accuracy in documentarion. If all tools are integrated, however you interact with a candidate thru phone, email or text all these will be put in on file automatically.

5. You can also open a job, and see similar jobs at the bottom of the page o look for other opportunities with the same end client

6. It also provides variety of ways to save a candidate. Either drag and drop, copy and paste or download the file. It also offers bullhorn accelerator. Where it can download profile straight from your job boards. If you want to save up with space in your drive.

Cons

1. Though Bullhorn is a very useful tool, it is never perfect. It has latency every now and then and at some point misses to capture what you have saved.

Brian
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent ATS System

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

Bullhorn is an excellent ATS system for recruiters, allowing for tracking of candidates and requirements through the entire hiring cycle. Bullhorn even allows for the ease of Resource Management with the ability to keep track of when projects are scheduled to end. The User Interface is very user friendly and intuitive. Configuring Bullhorn for the look and feel I want is also very simple. The functionality to be able to track emails to and from both candidates and hiring managers is a fantastic tool which helps in looking at history, both for future hires from hiring managers as well as to see interactions with candidates and employees in the past.

Pros

Excellent user interface with the ability to have various tabs on candidates so that different parts of the organization can see what they need.
Tracking of emails with both Candidates/Employees as well as Hiring Managers/Client Contacts
History is kept of progress through each job
Candidates can be in the process for several jobs at once
Search is very easy to find candidates in the database that match the job. It is also very simple to search for past jobs that may be similar to see candidates that had previously been successful.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Bullhorn helps to bring standardization and simplicity to the recruitment process

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Bullhorn becomes part of the fabric of your organization and definitely not something that you could live without.

Pros

Bullhorn helps to streamline the recruitment process by allowing your jobs, candidates and placements to all be in one place at your fingertips. You can create a simplified workflow on each entity so you can see what has been done, what stage the record is at and helps to keep your process on track. The reporting is easy to use and allows for follow up with your team members.

The list views are very easy to train and once you understand one, you can navigate easily through the system. Training becomes easy because the tool has a standardized look and feel.

Cons

There are a few areas within the application that you do not have the ability to configure. If these area had configuration ability it would be great. The overall application has tons of customization and configuration ability but those few small areas that don't really should be inline with all the other areas.

Mark
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Why we chose Bullhorn over the company choice

Reviewed on 2015/11/19

Pros

We were encouraged to use a different ATS and chose to pay a little MORE for Bullhorn S for a few reasons:
1. Email is the primary form of communication for many conversations and the ability to be in the database while in Outlook was the number one reason for choosing Bullhorn S
2. Having the ability to create a workflow that matched our needs was a must. We do both direct hire and high volume contracting. We a process that works for both income streams
3. Customer Service - we almost didn't go with Bullhorn because of "rumors" about customer service support. We took the chance and are thrilled that we did. The customer service team usually picks up in a few rings. Even if the first level tech doesn't have the solution, they will get the issue resolved almost always on the first call
4. Set up went very well. The implementation team helped us to configure Outlook and Microsoft Office 365

Cons

Unfortunately the program setup forces you to select creation of emails using either Outlook or within the ATS. We create our emails using Outlook as normal and the emails are logged in the database. BUT if you are doing a mass email or want to use a stored template, it is a little bit of a process to bring up the email editor and to email via the database. That is manageable. The real issue is that often emails sent within the database wind up in SPAM. I have been told that there is NO solution. It means that I must follow up with the email recipient to guarantee receipt.

Brian
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Vice President

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Was a Sendouts customer when Bullhorn bought them and eventually forced to migrate to Bullhorn platform. Have been very dissatisfied with customer service. They don't offer much for small firms (we are 2 employees) and won't even assign an account manager to us. They recently did an upgrade that caused a major issue with SPF and resume submissions - but they didn't tell their customers until after the fact. We only found out when we contacted them with the issue - crazy bad execution on their part. Finally had enough and am currently transitioning to a new ATS vendor and Bullhorn is really slow getting through that process. Terrible customer service.

Pros

Fairly easy to implement and navigate. Decent overall at working through recruiting process workflow.

Cons

Limited effectiveness interfacing with LinkedIn. Poor mobile access. Frequent time outs and often requires multiple attempts to log in for some reason.

• Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Clunky, slow, terrible reporting. Does the job, but does so in a very inefficient way.

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Its an ATS - it keeps the data we need, but it just does so really terribly.

Its an ATS - it keeps the data we need, but it just does so really terribly.

Pros

Navigation between candidates, companies, and applications
Relatively user-friendly interface
Note sharing and distribution listings easy

Cons

Reporting. Pulling a report with the exact same parameters multiple times produce reports with widely varying results. Even when parameters are set (e.g. exclude a field), parameters are not stuck to leading to inaccurate results. Will not operate correctly if there is too much data in the reports, so it cannot handle creating a single report with multiple months/years of data, meaning smaller reports have to be pulled separately and then pieced together manually.
Customer service - highlighting issues with the platform went nowhere. Identifying problems or issues elicited zero response from Bullhorn.
Performance - so so slow! Opening candidate profiles takes forever!

Rabee
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Amazing

Reviewed on 2021/05/01

Overall, I recommend using this if we need to enter the candidates and requisitions, in order to keep in touch with the candidates. Not a very helpful tool when it comes to built-in scheduling but we can still send out emails and communicate. I would use it to maintain a candidate database/inventory.

Pros

I used Bullhorn for almost 4 years. I love Bullhorn to maintain my talent pool and inventory. This is a great way of saving candidate Data and then accessing it whenever we need it. I can't even explain how much this has made my life easier in terms of searching for talent in the Bullhorn database if I am ever stuck and not able to find a candidate through any of the job boards. with just a could of searches, we can find a candidate we maybe spoke to 3 years ago who might be a good fit for a specific role. A great way to use and maintain data. A very good tool to generate reports as well/

Cons

Not a very good ATS system. Doesn't give us the flexibility of scheduling candidates too much.

Brandon
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Bullhorn is the top system in the industry!

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

Bullhorn is an excellent open source system that allows us to effectively engage our Candidates and Clients and driv revenue across our multiple business lines. They understand who they are and what they are great at and bring partners alongside to provide the industry leading tech that they do not have embedded in their tool. the support has also greatly improved in our 4 years where our questions and issues are answered within a day at the most. and, our rep is the best. She is so engaged with us and provides updates and keeps us where we want to be, on the leading edge.

Cons

I honestly have no cons for Bullhorn. the suggestions we have provided over the years have been taken to heart and implemented so that is all you can ask frm a partner. Listen to your clients and take action on relevant things.

Greg

Review of Bullhorn

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

Rather frustrating - the 'out of the box' solution doesn't really seem to fulfil as many of the requirements as some of your competitors do. The inability to set up multiple offices for the same company seems quite an oversight, particularly if one contact oversees the recruitment across a number of sites but can only be added to one of them for synchronisation purposes. Also, the fact that the online job loading portal automatically brings through the location of a role seems remarkably short-sighted when we don't want our competitors to know which clients we are acting for. Generally I think we are frustrated that when we initially looked at Bullhorn we thought it looked like a product for large organisations or in-house recruiters and was advised that this was not the case - yet how many start-ups can afford to employ a web developer to customise their vacancy portal or to invest in extra CV production software because the existing templates are too simplistic?

Pros

Synchronisation is seamless with email
Customer service and tech support was good on some issues
Online and mobile so can be accessed easily

Cons

Need to upgrade to access very simple tweaks - menu customisations? Should be fairly standard and not worth an extra £30 per user to do
Not fully capable of doing everything we need it to. We paid a premium price to get a top end product and sadly this seems to fall short of that
Requirement to have a web developer to customise portal

Response from Bullhorn

Hi Greg,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our product. I am sorry that you feel like Bullhorn is not properly meeting your needs. If you would like to further discuss how we may be able to improve your experience, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]. We value your time and feedback!

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

A Sophisticated Tool for Customer Relationship Management: Bullhorn CRM

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

I will say that Bullhorn CRM is the best CRM software product for managing customer-relationship in any organization from my experience.
It is a robust tool that ensures customer satisfaction and retention as well as providing the opportunity for new customers thus increasing the company's productivity.
its interface is quite simple to use and appealing.
I highly recommend Bullhorn CRM to those companies looking for better CRM solutions.

Pros

Bullhorn CRM capability to provide immediate insight into the person that is in touch and the capability to keep track of all conversations between different stakeholders makes it superior over other CRM software.
Increased customer relation has led to improve in my organization's productivity.
another cool feature about is about its intuitive interface that is simple and easy to work with even for the inexperienced users.

Cons

In my opinion, I will say the latency experienced by Bullhorn CRM has made it be time-consuming in some context and even failure to capture data from the user.

Bre
Bre

Bullhorn ATS

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

This ATS has everything! Its user interface is unbeatable. The ATS requires little to no training because it is so simple to use, but still has complex and detailed features. I am able to integrate Bullhorn with email, ring central, our video interview platform and various job boards so all work can be done on the system.

Cons

The Jobs / Opportunities part can be a little repetitive and complex. But just something to get used to!

Amy

Bullhorn is a great CRM!

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

I would say Bullhorn is a fast, easy to use CRM that makes tracking information easier than ever. It's quick to learn and stay organized all in one place. I would recommend companies to use Bullhorn and the other softwares that they offer as well!

Pros

Bullhorn is extremely easy to use and has a great user interface with their clean design. It's a customizable CRM and is extremely useful for both our sales and recruiting teams. Bullhorn also integrates well with a few other softwares that become easy to track within BH so nothing gets lost.

Cons

The only down side is having things fixed quickly. It's easy to email support with your issue and they'll get back with you in 2-3 days, but it might take another week until the issue itself gets fixed unless it's an emergency. Besides that, not many other downsides!