Bullhorn Reviews

Bullhorn

Recruiting and applicant tracking software

4.1/5 (893 reviews)
Jeffrey A.

Evaluation of Bullhorn Recruiting Software for Use by a Smaller Retained Executive Search Firm

Reviewed on 2016/12/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I had a personal, on screen demonstration of this product by a rep on Mon Nov 21, 2016 starting at about 11:00 AM PST. Using Citrix I looked at a custom screen demonstration while Adam Cuomo and I spoke by phone. (My rep and I were the only 2 people involved in this presentation.) At the beginning I explained how a small partnership or “solo” retained executive recruiter operates. Although it should be noted that I started my search career working for a larger recruiting firm. And that I am generally familiar how large and small recruiting firms in California and the U.S. function internally. And later I remembered that I had actually evaluated at least two different recruiting software packages in the past. During the on-screen evaluation Mr. Cuomo gave me enough feedback and comments to indicate that he had a really competent understanding of this niche or the overall recruiting business.

The Bullhorn software appears to function beautifully. The Bullhorn software or system catalogs candidate profiles, open search projects, communication with candidates and clients, interview schedules, status and feedback reports, etc. And it apparently can accomplish a “housekeeping” function that I didn’t expect. That is, one component of Bullhorn is that it can apparently import a “resume” submitted by email or scanned into a system. And then catalog that candidate profile into the recruiter’s database of contacts. Where there are multiple recruiting consultants working for the same firm --- it helps to insure that everyone “is on the same” as to contacts with all candidates and client organizations. The cost for a small one-user firm like mine was estimated at monthly. The user’s database is kept in Bullhorn’s cloud storage.

For my method of executive search Bullhorn is not necessary. All of my recruiting history is in my head or “searchable” by a key word on my Mac’s hard drive. And that recall can be enhanced by a standard Google-search on the web or access to any private database that I might have access to. It would, however, be a consideration if I ever added a partner to the business. As it stands, however, it provides more structure that most small firms probably need.

But there was one aspect or component of the Bullhorn offering that could be immediately useful to a small search practice like mine. And that is the ability to neatly and efficiently input resumes that come to me in differing formats into my own structured database of contacts and potential candidates. I don’t have time to personally do this. And it’s often difficult to find and schedule in a support person who can effectively do this with my personal email records and the file notes from my searches. And there is always a concern with confidentiality when outside staff is engaged.

Pros

It appears to really function beautifully. And it's a fit with a retained executive search organization's needs. And it appears to be reasonably priced.

Cons

It probably has a more limited utility for a one or two person retained executive search firm.

Tim S.

Bullhorn Review December 2016

Reviewed on 2016/12/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have used Bullhorn since 2007 in two different companies. In the first instance, I helped integrate Bullhorn into the company and found Bullhorn support extremely helpful in migrating our data from our old system into Bullhorn. The process went smoothly and our deadlines were met; I still remember this after all these years. I continue to use Bullhorn in my current company and find it an extremely effective tool.

Pros

Bullhorn Technical Support is simply amazing. I am in awe of their customer service and their knowledge of the system. Customer Service for me means that I'm not put on hold for an inordinate length of time nor am I forced to leave a message after negotiating with a voicemail system that requires me to struggle with too many options. I greatly appreciate Bullhorn Technical Support's sending me a follow up email to any issue I may have had; these emails help me to remember the issue and how it was resolved. Lastly, I realize that Bullhorn has many partners in its Marketplace but I do not receive solicitation calls from them; this is very important to me, as I receive many such calls from other vendors and it is a burden to say the least.

Cons

I do not remember which version of Bullhorn I used at my first job (from 2007 to 2013). I do know, however, that when I started to use Bullhorn in my second job one of the features that was available in the earlier version (ability to run ad hoc reports based on the various fields in Bullhorn records) was no longer available. I found this feature extremely useful as a Bullhorn administrator for my company and regret that it's no longer available; it provided a level of detail and a freedom of reporting that is not found in the canned reports. I understand that Bullhorn's maintaining such a feature can be a heavy one, but I miss this feature nonetheless. I think it was called Bullhorn 360. Lastly, I do have one other comment. I love the "Merge Record" feature but I find it very complicated to choose the secondary record from the list after I've chosen the primary record first. The primary record shows up as an option when choosing the secondary record for the merge. This is a small detail but one that would be wonderful to correct.

Paul S.

Grab the Bull by the horn with Bullhorn

Reviewed on 2016/10/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

How to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside out, I look to Bullhorn as my guiding light. Bullhorn’s streamlined workflow and added functionality from The Bullhorn Marketplace has us covered from front-office to back. Over the past 3 years we've transitioned with ease from a relatively paper based process to a software based solution; we've been able to simplify our time and expense process through the web, broadcast opportunity via Bullhorn Reach and quickly view our open opportunity at the click of a button. Bullhorn truly is our Heads-Up Display as we manage the agency side of full-life cycle recruiting.

Pros

Bullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call.
Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et al. As an Administrator for our organization; I've found that most functionality can be achieved with no additional cost or custom development.
Resume Parsing and Document Management; Adding new Candidate records is as simple as drag and drop, the parsing engine updates standard fields and documents (references, work samples, background checks, offer letters, etc.) can be managed and saved within a contact's record.

Cons

Integration with Bullhorn Marketplace: the solutions offered in Bullhorn's Marketplace are extremely relevant; however the integration and go-live process lacks the support and guidance that we've come to expect through our experience with the core ATS product.
New API unveiled with Bullhorn S release offered cross-browser accessibility; however some solid features were left behind and modular layout took a step back which added a few more clicks per page.
System up-time: Extremely reliable, but back-end performance and data indexing has, and continues, to be an issue from time to time.

Good but not perfect

Reviewed on 2016/05/18

We have been using Bullhorn since the start of Bullhorn. The software does what we need it to - most of the time. There are many options to partner with different companies that work seamlessly with Bullhorn. We are always looking for the latest and greatest to make our jobs easier so we always hope for more options where this is concerned so we can tie as much as possible right into our Bullhorn processes.

They have made a lot of improvements and additions to Bullhorn in the past year, but not all things work the way a regular user may think. The way to pull lists now, is not the same as it used to be. For example. If you are trying to generate a list of client contacts based on recent placements, there is no real easy way to do this now (like you used to be able to do). You either have to go in each placement one by one and add the client contact to a distribution list or do a million steps which sometimes does not work. Pulling this list used to be very easy and now you can no longer do this the way you used to be able to. Some processes are not as user friendly to figure out so we always hope Bullhorn is making adjustments - getting into the mind of the users and how they might think to do things, rather than a multi step process that takes calling Bullhorn directly to figure out.

We recently started using the NPS to survey our clients. We have used other products in the past to generate this same gauge for customer satisfaction, and there definitely can be more improvements to this to make it better. We would love to see a better way to add clients to the survey based on placements without having to open each placement one by one and going into the client contact to add them to the survey. Same as most issues. We want to pull client lists quite often based on the placements we make and there seems to be no quick, clear and direct way to do this.

We have had some issues with seamless functions with more advanced things - i.e. In building out an on boarding/application portal WITH the Bullhorn developers, we have experienced a lot of issues when people are trying to apply to our jobs. trying to get things worked on can take a VERY long time for these more advanced fixes. If it is just a general fix in the system, the response time is usually very good.

Pros

It does what any staffing firms needs. good selection of programs that can be integrated (but you can never have too many options!)

Cons

down times/issues do come up
could use better process for doing certain searches (noted in review)

Bullhorn for your Daily Use- Staffing Recruiters Best Friend

Reviewed on 2016/08/18

Bullhorn is both our ATS and CRM. We utilize the tool on a daily basis for Activity Tracking, Reporting, Job Order Management and Candidate Search. The tool has helped bring everyone to a common platform with a common process. This has helped us maintain better performance metrics, overall reporting and candidate engagement.

Pros

Bullhorn is a great tool that is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The time to get a recruiter or an account manager up to speed on the basics of Bullhorn is relatively simple. Getting people to use all the power of Bullhorn is where consistent reminders and training is needed. The tool is great for tracking anything and allows you to forget because you can set reminders to follow up on items, track past emails, etc. The tool really will change how you recruit.

Cons

Bullhorn has lots of great tools out of the box so it is best to explore this before completing too much customization and automations. You may find better out of the box ways to do things versus spending money on customizations that you don't need or use after going live.

Angelena D.

A powerful CRM with great resources for future development

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

The fact that Bullhorn never stops on the achieved results make us believe that their functionality can bring even more benefits in the future. This vendor can surprise their customers with a lot of new features, each of which is equally qualitative to the previous standard package of abilities.

Pros

This is a tool where everything is ready at hand. Bullhorn offers opportunities for lead generation, as well as for requirement delivery. The management process is seamless and does not require creating API linkages between multiple programs. All the information about each user/employee is organized in a logical and visually convenient form. Besides, the program offers easy and fast abilities to contact each other inside the system and share some important files. It is incredibly important for our company to be ahead of the competition and to make as many people of our target audience as possible aware of our services. We do believe that Bullhorn is really what we need for this aim to come true. With its help, our company can easily gather like-minded fellows in one team to create really unique and thoughtful ideas and run successful projects.

Cons

To tell the truth, it was hard to find anything we do dislike about Bullhorn. There are just some small shortcomings we would like to see improved in the future releases. For instance, our company would appreciate greatly if Bullhorn paid more attention to their ATS functionality. Very rarely, but still, there might be some problems with the e-mails arrival (personally, we faced this error just once or twice). In general, Bullhorn is a satisfactory platform.

Richard K.

Comprehensive Design

Reviewed on 2016/11/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Bullhorn provides a complete servicing platform for all stages of candidate recruiting. We are able to manage our client and candidate contact lists, our jobs, payroll, onboarding, and more.

Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws.

With recent mergers, our company has experienced exponential growth during 2016. With that growth comes the challenge of integrating client and sales data, as well as candidate data. With Bullhorn, the integration was seamless. All of the data was easily uploaded into our established Bullhorn database and we experienced no downtime.

As a Staffing Agency, our entire organization uses Bullhorn CRM. Bullhorn is our main recruiting tool allowing us to easily manage sales leads, candidate leads, and all levels of the staffing process. It effectively addresses the time issue; this tool saves us a great deal of time by organizing each of our processes in a general tab format.

Pros

Organization - The layout of the Bullhorn interface is simple. This makes training new users easy and makes working in bullhorn stress-free.

Detail - Bullhorn allows us to enter and retrieve a great amount of detail within records. This allows for accurate reporting and follow-up.

Customization - Bullhorn is very customizable. We can easily add components and fields to the interface within each function of the CRM.

Cons

User Interface - Though highly customizable, the windows and popups can be quirky. The sizes of windows for example can sometimes be to small for the data contained and require a great deal of scrolling to navigate through.

Email Capability - Bullhorn would be better with a full service email suite which included all of the functions of MS Outlook for example.

Data speed - We all want to work faster. Bullhorn can sometimes be a bit sluggish with the transmission of data.

Juli U.

Bullhorn for Staffing Agencies

Reviewed on 2017/01/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I generally like using Bullhorn and its functionality. Once you figured out how to use it, it's practical and quick.
We are a staffing agency with 20 producers and it's fairly easy to customize for Recruiting and Sales. Staying on top of data accuracy and documentation is an issue because a lot of functions have to be done manually. An automation of some kind would be helpful and I can't imagine using Bullhorn efficiently for a larger organization.

Pros

- Easy to use for a small operation such as ours
- Great customer service
- Regular updates to the software

Cons

- New features are rarely communicated and it's difficult to find out what products were added and are available to me (We have Bullhorn S release and lots of functionality is available but I wouldn't know about)
- Some type of automation would be needed to make daily processes easier, for example, buttons to track calls vs. having to add a note
- Currently no data mining tool available for no cost that would allow to clean up data.

Response from Emily

Hi Juli,
Thank you for your feedback regarding are communication style with new features. We strive to provide a great experience and provide our customers with all the information that they need to be successful, and it is helpful to know where we can improve. I will send you a private email with a link to the customer portal. In addition to great learning videos, the portal also provides detailed monthly listings of all new features, updates, bug fixes, etc. If there is anything else that I can help with, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Jesica B.

Great for recruiters

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

This platform turned out to be really handy for candidate recruiting. Users should pay special attention to the report functions, as they are really helpful in recruiting. For people who like everything individually organized and neat, it’s a lifesaver.

Pros

- A truly simplistic layout
- Seamless integration of all data from different sources to one complete Bullhorn database.
- Efficient tasklist and search
- Managing client and talent leads has become much easier
- A real time saver
- Contact list is searchable and easy to navigate
An extremely useful service for integrating databases (e.g. client and sales, recruiting data etc). Bullhorn is one of the best CRM’s I have worked with. Simple, clean visuals, intuitive functions, good integration features. Allows synchronization with other programs and tools.
- Customizable, with lots of functions
- Compatible with tons of other software

Cons

- Some problems with user interface, like popups
- Refreshing posts is sometimes delayed, especially if they are close in time
- Small window sizes, requires lots of scrolling action
- Speed – data transmission could be much faster
- Needs a lot of updating and administration (which is honestly the problem of all CRM sofrware)
- Keeps old data which you have to delete manually, or it will interfere with current priorities

Brian E.

Excellent ATS System

Reviewed on 2017/03/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Bullhorn is an excellent ATS system for recruiters, allowing for tracking of candidates and requirements through the entire hiring cycle. Bullhorn even allows for the ease of Resource Management with the ability to keep track of when projects are scheduled to end. The User Interface is very user friendly and intuitive. Configuring Bullhorn for the look and feel I want is also very simple. The functionality to be able to track emails to and from both candidates and hiring managers is a fantastic tool which helps in looking at history, both for future hires from hiring managers as well as to see interactions with candidates and employees in the past.

Pros

Excellent user interface with the ability to have various tabs on candidates so that different parts of the organization can see what they need.
Tracking of emails with both Candidates/Employees as well as Hiring Managers/Client Contacts
History is kept of progress through each job
Candidates can be in the process for several jobs at once
Search is very easy to find candidates in the database that match the job. It is also very simple to search for past jobs that may be similar to see candidates that had previously been successful.

Mark A.

Why we chose Bullhorn over the company choice

Reviewed on 2015/11/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We were encouraged to use a different ATS and chose to pay a little MORE for Bullhorn S for a few reasons:
1. Email is the primary form of communication for many conversations and the ability to be in the database while in Outlook was the number one reason for choosing Bullhorn S
2. Having the ability to create a workflow that matched our needs was a must. We do both direct hire and high volume contracting. We a process that works for both income streams
3. Customer Service - we almost didn't go with Bullhorn because of "rumors" about customer service support. We took the chance and are thrilled that we did. The customer service team usually picks up in a few rings. Even if the first level tech doesn't have the solution, they will get the issue resolved almost always on the first call
4. Set up went very well. The implementation team helped us to configure Outlook and Microsoft Office 365

Cons

Unfortunately the program setup forces you to select creation of emails using either Outlook or within the ATS. We create our emails using Outlook as normal and the emails are logged in the database. BUT if you are doing a mass email or want to use a stored template, it is a little bit of a process to bring up the email editor and to email via the database. That is manageable. The real issue is that often emails sent within the database wind up in SPAM. I have been told that there is NO solution. It means that I must follow up with the email recipient to guarantee receipt.

Bullhorn, straightforward

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Cost wise you only pay for a CRM solution but you also get a job board something that is gold for recruiters, an extra job board is always welcome. It does also save time, something that most of us fail to realize it takes a couple of minutes to parse a candidate to any crm system with all the information in a resume, Bullhorn solves this by automatically parsing candidates to its system,specially if Monster.com is linked. You can save precious time and get more time to reach candidates vs parsing them.

Pros

Bullhorn is one of those software's out there that are pretty straightforward in terms of use. Great specially for those starting out in the recruiting world. What makes bullhorn great is that its not only a good end to end application tracking system but it also serves as a candidate pool of all the candidates that all the users within the company has ever entered in. Not only do you get a CRM but you also get a Job board. For recruiters like me another Job board to source on is another mine of gold. Its also great that you can link Monster.com to it. Makes parsing candidates form Monster a lot easier and saves time.

Cons

Nothing really , I just wished they had like a night mode or a livelier color scheme.

Wendy K.

Bullhorn helps to bring standardization and simplicity to the recruitment process

Reviewed on 2017/10/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Bullhorn becomes part of the fabric of your organization and definitely not something that you could live without.

Pros

Bullhorn helps to streamline the recruitment process by allowing your jobs, candidates and placements to all be in one place at your fingertips. You can create a simplified workflow on each entity so you can see what has been done, what stage the record is at and helps to keep your process on track. The reporting is easy to use and allows for follow up with your team members.

The list views are very easy to train and once you understand one, you can navigate easily through the system. Training becomes easy because the tool has a standardized look and feel.

Cons

There are a few areas within the application that you do not have the ability to configure. If these area had configuration ability it would be great. The overall application has tons of customization and configuration ability but those few small areas that don't really should be inline with all the other areas.

Joshua L.

Easy to use / pricy but worth it!

Reviewed on 2019/01/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Bullhorn is helpful and I love being able to access it from anywhere - the pricing is high but again this is the easiest of ATS/CRM that ia available to consumers - which is a good thing!

Pros

Bullhorn is a super user friendly CRm compared to other ATS or CRM software available. We are able to easily integrate job boards and this list of available integrations seems to be growing by the month! My favorite feature is the texting! A lot of people respond to text and the convenience of having it on BH is easier than trying to find other sources (even though integrations are available)

Cons

Bullhorn offers a matching feature and several filtering systems to help identify candidates. I find these to be lacking with room for improvement. You can go to filter out candidates for a warehouse role but could end up with a variety of admin and blank resumes. It is hit and miss but that could even reflect how our data is parsed into the system. I personally have not had much success using this feature.

7.0/10

Powerful tool, mid level complexity

Reviewed on 2017/05/01

Pros

- Great enterprise implementation team
- Intuitive layout
- Useful data integrity features (ie. any field can be made mandatory)
- Automatic Email inclusion
- Good support (within local AU support scope, US support has been underwhelming)
- SalesDuel

Cons

Built-in reporting is non-existent with two addon options available, the first being a third party who can create reports for you, and another called Canvas - BullHorn's solution to the overall lack of reporting.

Cavnas:
Canvas is an in-house rebuild of Cognos Reporting suite however it has a lot of key features disabled, such as the ability for report creators to Cross-Join when required, edit SQL code to enforce certain report behaviour and some minor inconsistent functionality behaviour.
Any raised issues are handled well by our local AU support, however, the US Canvas development team are rarely able to provide long-term solutions.
As of 1/5/2017, I can't endorse Canvas as a complete or entirely functional product.

Training:
If you are moving from a system like JobAdder where the entire concept is around making the process as simple as possible and are making more fields mandatory, you'll need more than the basic BullHorn supplied training for your users to ensure the transition is smooth.

Data Display:
Some overarching data is unavailable in any form, such as "Last Contacted".
You can find "Last Note Added" and "Last Edited", however, neither of these take into consideration the Outlook Email integration they have in place. Which makes it difficult to determine the last time a contact was actually contacted in any way.
The solutions around this are poor.

Venugopal S.

Connect to Bullhorn and Get to the next level of CRM

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Pros

It is one of the best CRM I have ever seen in my life. In today’s Business-to-Business (B2B), the communication isn’t limited to 1 on 1 conversation, it is now converted from one team to another team. So we are unable to record all the conversation, that’s why a concept had been aroused in form of Bullhorn so that we are able to record all the important information during conversations. It is very easy to use and is very efficient in its working. Variety of functions can be found here, mainly for searching and sorting information and for reporting data as well. The reason why I said it be one of the best it is just because it offers best customer service in the industry as well as get updates in every month. Here, you can post jobs easily and can set reminders. Lots of customization is also available here.

Cons

Even though it is a great software, if it provides more flexibility on a mobile device then it would have been great. Another tremendous problem is that it is very costly i.e. not affordable for everyone even if one wishes. That’s the only thing in which it lags the most!! However, Timeouts in times of active workings is quite cumbersome, so that should also be improved. Moreover, it causes a lot of glitches like will throw you out if parsing or updating of resumes is not done properly. It also has some difficulties and issues regarding tracking multiple branches, reporting due to tracking issues and many more.

Heather D.

Bullhorn Delivers on Agency Recruiting and CRM

Reviewed on 2017/01/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I reviewed a total of 6 systems before deciding on Bullhorn. All of them needed to be able to support CRM functionality since we are a small IT recruiting agency. A selected a total of 3 programs after going through demos. I received trial accounts on all 3 systems and Bullhorn was definitely the best equipped to handle our needs for both an ATS and CRM with many options to customize.

Pros

Love that it is fully customizable. You can edit field names, edit candidate workflows and disposition status, just about anything you need. I built an industry list and more, custom-tailored to our unique needs. Also, their *customer support* is available through many avenues and are VERY responsive.

Cons

Some of the things about the workflows are difficult to understand and take more time than they should (in my opinion). For example, In order to reject a candidate, you first need to Submit them to the job, EVEN THOUGH they already applied for that job. This seems counter-intuitive since they should already be associated with the job. However, submitting them to the job is different than submitting them to the client. When a candidate applies to a job, it is marked as a Web Response only. Still, doesn't make sense to me, but oh well.

Also, to create a Job, you first need to create a Company record and a Contact record for that company. However, the information from those screens does auto-populate the subsequent screens, which helps save a bit of time.

Alissa G.

Bullhorn Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I do not use Bullhorn too much but am a big user of Bullhorn Back Office. I am logged in everyday and have utilized almost every functionality available. My biggest issue with this system is the small quirks and glitches. We recently had an issue with employees creating a copy of their timesheet and using PTO that caused the time to not calculate correctly. There was no solution or correction at the time. This is the perfect example of a weird glitch in the system that can be troublesome. Other than those small things, I am very happy with the functionality of Back Office specifically. The ease of use for one system to hold our timesheets, payables, commissions and invoicing makes my job a lot easier as the Accountant and Payroll Manager.

Pros

As noted above in my review, the biggest pro is the ability of the system to hold multiple functionalities for our company.

Cons

As noted in my review, the biggest con is the small glitches/quirks that the system has. It seems in every functionality I could name some sort of glitch that I have experienced.

Brian G.

The best recruiting ATS/CRM I have experienced!

Reviewed on 2017/08/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend. It is on the cutting edge of recruiting, and is a must-have for people looking to take their organization's talent acquisition efforts to the next level.

Pros

Bullhorn is very intuitive, and I love that it passively tracks email conversations through email formats like Microsoft Outlook. It has powerful reporting capabilities, and makes sourcing passive talent much easier than with a traditional ATS product. It is reliable, has a nice, modern user interface, and is great for when there are multiple recruiters or teams working on the same projects. There are nice branding and marketing options available as well.

Cons

There can be a bit of a learning curve involved, depending on the system that people switch over from. Also, some of the options and customizations can only be accessed, managed or implemented at the enterprise level, which can sometimes be frustrating when there are multiple organizations and operating companies utilizing the technology under a broad set of circumstances.

Bullhorn CRM- Quick and Easy to Configure and Use

Reviewed on 2017/05/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Easy to get your teams up to date and configure.

Pros

If you are already using Bullhorn as the ATS, it is easy to get your users up to speed on the CRM as it is the same look and feel. The users are familiar with the features and easily able to navigate through the Leads and Opportunity process. The email tracking is great as it allows others to have the same information on the lead without having to speak to the lead owner.

The opportunities component allows to track longer term prospects and projects that could come to fruition in the future. It is an easy way to track and keep up to date on task and activities that need to be done a future date and time.

Cons

It would be great if you could take a lead and convert into a Job instead of creating an opportunity and converting to a job. This is if you use within the staffing industry.

Brandon S.

Bullhorn is the top system in the industry!

Reviewed on 2018/06/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Bullhorn is an excellent open source system that allows us to effectively engage our Candidates and Clients and driv revenue across our multiple business lines. They understand who they are and what they are great at and bring partners alongside to provide the industry leading tech that they do not have embedded in their tool. the support has also greatly improved in our 4 years where our questions and issues are answered within a day at the most. and, our rep is the best. She is so engaged with us and provides updates and keeps us where we want to be, on the leading edge.

Cons

I honestly have no cons for Bullhorn. the suggestions we have provided over the years have been taken to heart and implemented so that is all you can ask frm a partner. Listen to your clients and take action on relevant things.

Richard K.

Comprehensive Design

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws.

Pros

The integration. We are able to integrate third-party software into our platform which allows us to work from one tool. We save time and money as a result.

Cons

With so many features, the user interface can become cumbersome and imperfect.

Corene R.

Bullhorn does a good job

Reviewed on 2017/04/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The price is high for a mom and pop like us. There is a local company called Loxo that is much less and offers similar features.

Pros

Auto parsing from e-mails is convenient, tearsheets, searching functions are good. Features for recording placements and managing commissions is great.

Cons

I think the front screen fields could be better - such as a place to put info so all recruiters see right away - such as don't use candidate, locations of interest. I label all dialogue that comes back from a candidate as inbound. It would be good to have the fields of returned inmail, or returned e-mail,
Taking candidates off from a tearsheet from the candidate screen isn't easy. I have to go into the actual tearsheet to remove it.

For some reason, I get cued to login to bullhorn all the time. Mostly when parsing an e-mail. It could take 2-3 logins to get to the right screen.

6.0/10

Bullhorn- Ease of Use

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

We have been on the Bullhorn Platform for over 6 years and has become the hub of all our Recruitment and Sales interactions.

The tool is easy to use, easy to update and the user friendly design makes it easy to get a new user up to speed quickly.

The online training and resource centre makes finding information simple.

We use this for all aspects from Lead Generation through to Offer/Placement.

Ease of Implementation
Easy to get a new user up to speed
Great support

Cons

Professional Services work- There is an opportunity to do customization to the product but would suggest waiting to see if needed. Customizations are usually where you will have issues when something breaks. The core product is always working but automations is where you may see failures.

Rebecca S.

Bullhorn's Features Stand Out Among Other Options

Reviewed on 2017/01/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have been using Bullhorn for almost one year and am overall very pleased with the features and functionality of this software. I have changed roles at my company, from a recruiter position to a sales role, and have found that both interfaces are easy to use and easy for new members to learn quickly. We rely on Bullhorn very heavily at my company for data integrity and compliance, and rarely have any issues with it.

Pros

In my role as an account manager/sales position at a recruiting company, I am responsible for setting up many in-person meetings with our clients. Bullhorn is capable of sending meeting/calendar invites to clients through the software, which makes it easy to run reports on my activity levels. I rely heavily on the "tasks" feature within Bullhorn to send me reminders and have found that I reference my notes within the tool very often as time goes by and I have trouble remembering little details about my clients.

Cons

I don't like how Bullhorn automatically uploads all of my emails between my client and myself to their profiles in Bullhorn. I'm not sure if this is something that was set up by my company or if it is a standard feature of Bullhorn, but I will sometimes send emails from my personal address to avoid them being accessible to everyone in the company.