Olark

Happier customers live chat with Olark

Kristen
Kristen

We love Olark just as much as we love talking!

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Love the ability to transfer conversations to the various offices the individual is asking for information from - this would be amazing for the military to use now that they don't have AKO IM!

Cons

There is not a single thing that I can say in a negative light about this software. We are beyond pleased and recommend it 100%!

Anmol
Anmol
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A good value for money tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Pros

I used Olark daily while working at my first company. I used it almost daily and the good thing about Olark is it isk very simple, easy to learn/understand UI and gets the work done. It would be great for a small company/start up.

Cons

Overall, it does get the work done but I didn't see any advanced functionalities like getting analytics of usage. May be text analytics to understand the most common type of concerns etc.

Response from Olark

Hi Anmol,
Thanks for your review. We're glad we could be helpful. If you have any questions around additional support or around analytics we'd be happy to chat with you at Olark.com

Adam

Good features, but poor reliability

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

We wanted to offer our software customers a channel for support and Olark seemed like a good choice. The interface is easy to navigate, and they have done a good job of thinking through the experience, like being able to customize and "away" message and the confirmation message. It is also very easy to implement with just a couple lines of code.

Cons

The biggest problem with Olark is its reliability. We are currently in the process of switching away from it because we would be online, ready to chat, and customers would tell us that on their end it wasn't showing up. There were multiple planned and unplanned outages, and it cost us some good will with our customers.

Porter
Porter

Olark Chat

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Olark made it possible for us to communicate with customers without spending time on the phone, but the process could have been more smooth.

Pros

We liked the notifications for the incoming chats as well as the option for all our representatives to control their availability.

Cons

We didn't like the fact that it wasn't possible to transfer chats from one representative to another while in the middle of the chat.

Response from Olark

Hi Porter,
Thanks for your review. We're glad we could be helpful. If you have any questions around additional support or options for transferring chats between reps we'd be happy to chat with you at Olark.com

Dylan
Dylan

Easy, reliable chat option

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Pros

The interface to super easy to use, and building chat views are a breeze.
The integration aspect is seamless and isn't painful like some other chat systems.

Cons

There are free options out there that are similar.
On occasion, I have experienced some outages, which is frustrating for customers.

Daniel
Daniel
  • Industry: Investment Management

Great addition for any e-commerce website

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

I think chat is better the supporting customers over the phone, since you can easily send the links to the correct URL

Pros

Olark lets you see what pages the customer had viewed, what page they are on, and even what referred them to your website.

It also tells you if the customer is new or if they are returning customer.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the system to know when I walk away from my desk so that customers aren't talking to an unoccupied chat!

Crystal
Crystal
  • Industry: Insurance

Switched To Olark; Wish We Switched Sooner!

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Pros

Olark is super easy to use. We originally were using a free live chat software...and what we learned is that free is not always better. Olark was our top choice and we started with a free trial. After 2 weeks of the free trial, we knew we had to be a paying customer.
Super easy to set up, to customize, and our users love it.
It is just like texting (similar chat bubbles...you can see when the person is typing, etc) and so it feels familiar for users.
We've increased chats and increased our satisfied customers!

Cons

My only con is that you have to pay "per seat". In our previous live chat software, we were able to just purchase one seat and have two people monitoring that seat.
With Olark, each login needs its own seat. This is an added expense, but Olark is competitive with their pricing.
It is worth the extra cost for us.

Cesar
Cesar
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Olark Chat tool that communicates in a diverse, innovative and efficient way

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

It allows me a greater margin of communication with many people, allowing my organization to make itself known through personalized pre-chat surveys, detailed information about visitors and detailed reports, generating a previous empathy between us and the clients.

Pros

The versatility that this tool has to integrate efficiently with Mailchimp one of my most efficient alternative messaging or the unalterable ability to use Google Analytics tools make this Chat system a powerful tool to connect with the right client, in the Right place, at the right time.

Cons

As for the negative elements The live chat from Olark has not allowed me to even talk to some customers directly from the Groove widget the other has been that the automatic sending of the chat transcripts from my help box in Scout to facilitate communications with some person has not occurred in the time that was aspired.

Jason
Jason

Awesome Chat Tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Olark has been a very great tool for my team to use. It creates a way for us to reach our customers via different avenues. We get many chats every single day and our customers appreciate being able to use this to get a hold of us without picking up the phone.

Pros

Olark is very easy to use, it is cost efficient, and it gives you insights to your customers that you would not have otherwise known.

Cons

If you have a large sales team you will need a lot of logins for Olark. This can take it from an inexpensive tool to a relatively expensive one.

Jairo
Jairo
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Happy costumers

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

All is perfect

All is perfect

Pros

This application is the best option to give answers immediately

Cons

Can put more options for give múltiples answers

Dallas

Great chat solution

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

We've been using Olark for two years on our website and usually perform at least 3 chats every business day with it. The chat interface and its behavior are nicely customizable to match our site's appearance and business workflow. Favorite features include the integration (we use Sugar CRM) for passing records of chats back into our CRM and marketing automation system (inbox25) and what Olark calls its Targeted Chat capability, where we can have automatic behaviors initiated for certain types of visitors on certain pages of our site, e.g. automatically initiating discussions with website visitors from North America who spend longer than a minute looking at our case studies.

We're fans of Olark and recommend it. Try it out on our site if you haven't already - it integrates quickly and is easy to test.

Pros

Support is very responsive. Company uses Olark chat service itself for support - so you always end up getting a real person in real time during (West Coast) business hours.

Cons

Occasional service disruptions, but rarely longer than a few minutes.

Tessa

Love Olark!

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

I really enjoy using Olark. I think it's fun. The bird with the its little birdhouse is so cute, and the way it turns to nighttime when you're not accepting chats--adorable!

It's super easy to use. I am a huge fan of the notification systems. I like how you get both visual and auditory notifications, and well as follow-up notifications to remind you, "Hey! Don't forget about me over here! I'm still waiting!" I like how you can tag chats with whatever tag you desire; we've really had some fun with those!

The co-browsing feature is pretty awesome, though I'll admit, some of our customers are rather paranoid, and the fact we can do something like that freaks them out quite a bit, so I avoid telling most people we have the ability to co-browse. Still, it's a really cool feature, and it can be SO helpful!

One thing I wish they'd improve is the length of time you can block a user. When I last used Olark, the longest you could block someone was 24 hours. Some of the people who visit chat prove themselves worthy of a significantly longer blockage period.

Pros

The cute little touches

Cons

You can't block pervs longer than a mere 24 hours

One of the easiest tools to connect with customers

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

I love that you connect and the UI is uncluttered. As you wait for chats, Olark welcomes you with a positive message. Then as you get the chats, it is very easy to use. It took me and my peers a couple of minutes to learn how to use it. Our customers love to chat and they also love how easy it is to get in touch.

Pros

It's simple, easy to use and allows you to store frequently used responses to speed up communication.

Cons

Visitors can send you files but you can't send files back to visitors. It is a bit difficult because if you want to send a PDF or a screenshot, you have to e-mail it or have it stored on a Web server and give the visitor a URL.

Julie

Squawking like a galah from outback Australia

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

We installed Olark pigin live chat on our first website and found it invaluable in assisting customers to choose the correct size of footwear and clothing. The most frequent question asked has been how much for postage? Livechat is useful for getting lazy/unmotivated/ web illiterate online customers quick answers. Despite the increasing popularity of live chat now - Australian web customers are reluctant to chat when the conversation is instigated by the website.

Pros

It works and the vendor does not continuously pester us to upgrade.

Cons

I would like greater flexibility to change its appearance. This Christmas the festive themes were non relevant to Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere

Sushil
  • Industry: Photography

Better way to provide better customer experience

Reviewed on 2021/07/09

Olark is quite streamlined and dedicated to the service it provides. It's pretty affordable, easy to operate, and has helped us deliver better customer support to our customer base.

Pros

Olark offers several useful features, including the ability to attach screenshots to live chat, as well as chat forwarding, message marking, and automated messages.

Cons

One of the notable dislikes of Olark includes limited features when setting up chatbots and more dedicated automated responses. Also, managing large pools of support requests can get overwhelming.

Response from Olark

Hi Sushil,
Thanks for your review. We're glad we could be helpful. If you have any questions around additional support we'd be happy to chat with you at Olark.com

James

One of the best live chat options out there

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

The biggest benefit is giving my prospects and customers another way to contact me without emailing or picking up the phone. Plus, it's been proven that live chat helps to boost your conversions, so it has had a positive impact on sales.

Pros

I like that this was simple to install, plus it integrates with Google Analytics, which allows you to build data on where you chats are being initiated. I love the fact that it's unobtrusive on my website - some of the other chat services out there were too big and cluttered up my site. Olark doesn't.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to put chats on hold, or at least give the person chatting the option to leave information for a follow-up email later. I also wish that it allowed you to customize just a little bit more. It's important from a design standpoint to have the chat box match your website.

Todd

Easiest way to bring real-time support to your customers

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

It's a quick and easy setup tool that gets you chatting with your customers in real-time. It's very reliable and integrates nicely into the workflow we have for our other help desk software.

Pros

Simple, easy and reliable chat tool that integrates well with CRM and other Help Desk software. Olark has been a game changer for us, we now can offer support right in the moment as customers need it to keep them running smooth with our product. The Olark team also provides stellar support over live chat to their own customers.

Cons

There much more designed for smaller chat teams, and lack a few features. They've just now implemented file sharing with in chats, this has been a huge help, and is something we've needed. They also don't quite have a note feature yet which would be very handy for our internal communication.

Dillon

Olark, website chat and customer engagement

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

Olark is a great way to engage with prospective customer and current users of your product. It provides a different method of engagement than the traditional email or phone-based contact and can help better capture online prospects and solve simple support requests.

Cons

Solving more complicated issues via a chat feature can be difficult, and recently we have had issues with our customer base being able to access our chat.

Shirine
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy to use, looks good!

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

The software is very easy to use and setup, does the promised job and we particularly love the fact that it allows you to see where the customers are located, what they're looking at and what they're adding to cart. Wish it had a feature to add product pages into a chat (rather than sending links). Also, really like the new hummingbird! Highly recommended.

Pros

That you can see where the customer is located, which pages they're on and what they're adding to cart.

Cons

Can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Scott

Great for supporting customers

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

Olark offers an additional level of support for our customers, many of whom would rather text/chat then pick up the phone, or craft an email. It amounts to instant support for our customers, and another benefit that keeps them loyal. Compare getting your question answered instantly versus filling out a form, submitting a "ticket" and waiting for who know's how long before your question gets answered. Instant chat is the future, and Olark is paving the way.

Pros

Ease of setup, user interface, reporting, and shortcuts (saves us typing typical responses)

Cons

Would prefer to see a smaller interface/screen, but not critical. Would love to see color coding, showing which IP addresses are repeat customers. Dream would be to allow user to tag IP's so instead of seeing IP address: xxx only, it would have in brackets (customer name).

• Industry: Automotive

Great easy to use chat software

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

It helps improve conversion rate for customers as we can help them in real time

It helps improve conversion rate for customers as we can help them in real time

Pros

UI is really easy to use and customers like it. The implementation was easy to do and customizing it to match the color scheme for our site.

Cons

Think the short codes could be easier to lookup. I only know of a few ones off the top of my head where would be nice to be able to click from options to execute

Chuck

Perfect Fit!

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

I have tried out several options for LiveChat type options. Self hosted, a service, etc. but when it comes back to it each time Olark fits.

I am a solo operation and for me cost is key usually, however its worth the money with the feature set it offers, having the ability to use Jabber to tie-in on the desktop? Simple. Easy. No more missing a website notification or some clunky "offical" app that some others offer, I can use Messages on Mac and it just works.

So for me it's a perfect fit for the budget, for my technology hook-in, and let's be honest - it just works great!

Pros

Cost, Connectivity, Functionality

Cons

Can't honestly think of anything.

Annette

Great for Chat

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

Olark is a solid program that provides your company with an easy way to do live chat.
Customer...

Customer really appreciate the feature and it helps us problem solve quickly.

Pros

Chat functionality

Cons

Away messages/email functionality

Response from Olark

Thanks for the feedback, Annette. If we can help make the away message/email functionality of Olark better for you, please come chat with us on our site and we'd be glad to help out (if we can). Thanks for using Olark! [-Karl]

We love Olark

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Great! We love it

Great! We love it

Pros

We use Olark for our online chat software. We love the ease of use especially the short cuts. We have experienced no downtime with the software and our clients love that they can chat in if they have a quick question versus calling or emailing us!

Cons

There are no cons to speak of for Olark software.

Jake
  • Industry: Insurance

Olark rocks

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We're able to conduct business over our website that never would've been possible before. Now people who don't like to talk on the phone can communicate with us effectively enough to receive the same level of service as those who call in.

Pros

The white label option is key. No business wants advertising for another business on their website.

Cons

White label pricing seems a bit ridiculous.