SysAid

Thomas B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

SysAid - Simple Solution, Big Outcome

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

The Team are friendly and understood our needs (Once we had defined these). Overall the process has been quite simple, it's simply getting your head around using new software/solutions.

Pros

I love the fact that SysAid is not a boring 'Out of the Box' 'This is what you get' experience.
SysAid is tailored to your needs during the implementation process, from colour schemes, to custom data fields, to process automation.

Cons

I dislike the fact that I had to learn 'very basic' HTML to implement notifications. This wasn't a great hinderance, but definitely something I disliked.

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

No longer fulfilled our growing list of requirements.

Cost and Versatility
Justin D.

SysAid is Great!

Reviewed on 2021/10/26

It's wonderful. It does everything we need it to and we have plenty of support in regards to the system.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to train others to use it.

Cons

Customization for the site could be a lot easier.

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

OTRS is open source and free to use but everything that is done within it needs to be scripted out and is very time consuming.

OTRS

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Zendesk had too many features rolled into one and a high asking price.
Anusha K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

SysAid service desk tool

Reviewed on 2021/12/24

My overall experience is good , We are managing our overall service desk support through SysAid

Pros

Overall, it's a highly functional system with various options. It allows users to quickly and conveniently submit tickets to HelpDesk.

Cons

SysAid system ticket routing backend integration bit complex comparing with other products
When we facing problems technical support is bit difficult
Asset management system limitations - network devices SNMP not support du to that manual intervention required
SysAide Remote desktop software poor connectivity , bit difficult to support end users , intermittent connectivity issues

Rafael V.

Not so great customer service.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

A help desk solution in which none was being used by the companies I worked in.

Pros

The program is cheap. Somewhat easy to setup. Not cluttered like other software I've used in the past.

Cons

I've used this software for over 7 years. Almost every complaint that everyone else has about this software, I've made myself and the #1 complaint is that the company is based in Israel and they are hard to understand / get a hold of / and don't fully understand the real problems until the issue is explained a few times.

I've installed purchased and installed this software in 3 different companies, and the experience was always the same. I then did work for them for a short amount of time. I wanted to bring to them the outside experience being a customer, and all the complaints I kept getting from U.S. customers, and even from other countries. I truly wanted to make this company better. But instead, they started to hire even further away, Romania, will the same comprehension issues. Now that they only 1 rep left for the U.S. and after that, I doubt they will ever hire again in the U.S. because of how different we think about customer service and how expensive we are. So they took one step forward by hiring the first U.S. rep and then myself, to them go two steps backwards by letting me go and hiring in another country for support.

Yes, I did work there and am a former employee, now a customer again. But I was a customer before that, and nothing has changed before I started working there, and nothing will after I am gone. So please do not delete this review and publish for all to see as I wanted nothing for this company to succeed and instead I was shown the door.

Edward F.
  • Industry: Government Administration

ITIL Compliant ServiceDesk System with user-friendly self-service portal

Reviewed on 2021/11/15

SysAid is our ITSM Tool. Aides us in implementing and monitoring ITIL procedures and standards. We register all of our incidents and requests thru the SysAid Admin (IT Technicians) or Self-Service Portal (other users in all departments of the organization). It has enabled our clients/users to monitor the status of their requests and reported incidents without the need to have emails sent back and forth or asking who was working on their issue. The self-service portal is customizable and can easily be branded to be uniform to the organizations needs. We are currently automating a number of forms and processes (like move requests, equipment requests, on- and off-boarding) thru the WorkFlow manager. Next steps will be the integration with JIRA (since the application has a number of integration options with Office Automation, Collaboration Tools, Monitoring Tools and Project Management Tools) and a more intensive use of automation tools (like self-service password unlock and reset).

Pros

-Ticket registration and tracking
-Workflow management
-Self-Service portal
-Reporting and Feed-back/Notification
-ITIL-Compliant
-Flexible and Customizable

Cons

-Workflow Design is powerful but has a learning curve

TOPdesk and ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

We had ample experience previously with SysAid and when we evaluated the alternatives. We went for the "old trustworthy" but were also surprised that everything we were looking for in the alternatives was in the latest version of the tools we already had so we upgraded to that latest version.
James W.

SysAid Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

We have tracking capability with SysAid that we never had before. We are able to better route our service requests to the correct team for quicker response. We have better ability to tier our help desk services. We have the capability of tracking hardware and software assets and maintaining an ITIL CMDB.

Pros

Includes an asset management system and CMDB, modern interface for end-users and administrators, excellent sales and technical support.

Cons

Workflow management is a little outdated and has a bit of a learning curve.

Jitbit Helpdesk

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

Lack of capabilities in tracking, tiering, asset management, and CMDB.

Jitbit Helpdesk

Price and capability.
Adewale J.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great User Experience

Reviewed on 2021/10/20

Great graphic user interface, with awesome user experience

Pros

Ability to be able to use the analytic and reporting at convenience, creating your type of report weekly, daily or monthly. Spooling at ease when and how you want it .

Sysaid CX/UX is top notch for a first time user (onboarding) easy navigation

Sysaid asset lifecycle, helps with onboarding and offboarding of an employee in the business with smooth transition and great experience.

Sysaid helps with right prioritization, the impact and urgency of tickets helps both the user and process manager .

Cons

The chat console is not really in use, still struggles with the chat session from the administrative point of view

Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

First Pricing, with UX and smooth navigation for user and admin
Kevin M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

SysAid the ITSM that you need.

Reviewed on 2021/04/09

We are using it for Ticket management, Self Service Knowledge base, Asset Management, Patch Management and reporting.

Pros

SysAid Ticket management are completely customizable to fit our business needs.
Asset Management gives complete visibility into assets across the organization and reporting
The Self Service Portal is extremely user friendly and cuts down on the amount of tickets that actually make it into the que.
Active Directory integration is fantastic.

Cons

The integrated remote control piece works but we miss some features of a more robust product.

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

SysAid was one application that we looked into that provided us the "Single Pain of Glass" with all the needed features in one easy to use cloud based application.
Melanie M.

Used as Remote Employee

Reviewed on 2022/01/18

My experience was good with SysAid. I was able to quickly and easily submit any IT issues to our HelpDesk department and they were able to address and update me as they were resolved. I liked receiving updates as the IT was looking at the issue.

Pros

This software was easy to use as a remote employee. I was able to easily submit a ticket to our IT department through SysAid by using a desktop icon. For example, I had trouble connecting to our VPN, I was able to submit a detailed ticket (including a screenshot) to the IT department and was sent status emails along the way. I received a status update when it was received, when it was assigned to a HelpDesk Agent, when it was being addressed and the actions to be taken, and when the issue was closed/resolved.

Cons

There was not really anything that I didn't like about the software. I used it both as a remote and on-site employee and it worked great in both situations. It was simple to use and follow.

Charles K.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

The Impact of SysAid

Reviewed on 2020/12/06

My overall experience on SysAid has been awesome, however, there are some challenges been faced

during usage. If one is not technically sound, it will be difficult to manage as an Administrator without the consent of

the professional support, but however, there is a user-guide to help.

Pros

The features I like most about the software is the Advanced reporting, It helps

to give detailed reports about your ticketing system as a whole,location-wise, computer assets, service

been used mostly etc. It also gives room to have full control as desired.

Cons

The Features that should be improved is unable to filter the customized field which is the most

the critical feature that is important.

For instance, when an additional feature is created manually separate from the original features,

it is difficult to filter. for the implementation to take place, it will fee for a professional

support as it is concluded as a project.

Lansweeper and SapphireIMS

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

It was switched because there are some features required for the operation which is not available.

Spiceworks

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

We chose SysAid over Spiceworks, because it contains more features.
Chris W.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

SysAid is a great product that could be a fantastic product

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

We were able to get a comprehensive product that gave us the biggest bang for our buck compared to any other product. Overall we are very happy with it. Support, not so much. There are lots of things we would change, or focus on changing for sure.

Pros

We like SysAid because of it's flexibility in design. We are easily able to create new forms and templates for different kinds of tickets and as such were able to roll out SysAid to our entire company and it is now utilized by every department in our company. We love the workflow features and that we are able to incorporate data from our active directory infrastructure to be able to identify end users and their departments or managers. We are very happy with our ability to modify and maintain escalation rules. Because the system is operating on Microsoft SQL Server we have been able to very successfully use SQL Reporting Services to generate very robust reports to provide our management teams with metric data that was previously unavailable.

Cons

Getting support is like pulling teeth. Some design element a lacking suck as the ability to edit and remove and or re-arrange workflow tabs. The system seriously lacks any granularity in administrator security and data security. Example, in order for an Admin to be able to use the LogMeIn feature, they have to be a SysAid Administrator. However with over 75 Administrators in our organization, we don't want them all to have the power to change our system configuration. So it lacks foresight that a feature like that would require the keys to the house to be able to use. The same thing goes for designing templates. There is a security role to be able to modify and design templates, but you cannot create custom fields and new lists with that role, so users cannot complete the designing of their forms without having been given the SysAid Admin role which is more power than we want them to have over the system. This leads to unforeseen problems where departments admins start making changes to the system without knowing that the change does not only affect them or their department. Canned reporting is not great. Even the custom reporting feature is not good.

Tim H.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Not the bigest name but a full featured surprisingly good solution

Reviewed on 2021/01/20

I have nothing negative to say about them. Our account manager has been excellent. As far as I can remember, we have had no outages during the last 2 years. If you are looking for an ITSM solution, at least give them a try, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Pros

Due to the help offered by Sysaid, it was easy to get the solution configured to our needs. If needed, we could have given them our requirements and they would have configured it for us. I like to learn a solution by doing the config myself, so just relied on them to point me in the right direction as and when needed. I didn't need a lot of help during the initial setup, but when I reached out to them, the service was always excellent. On the surface it looks quite simple but when you dig into the admin settings, it has a lot of powerful features that make it very customizable.

Cons

Rendering email in the ticket was clumsy but has improved recently. It is perfectly useable but others do it better.

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus MSP

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

We already use MESD in other areas of the company and we needed a SaaS solution. The MSP version wasn't available as SaaS. Having said that, we might still have chosen Sysaid even if it was.
Hitesh L.

SYSAID is a great ITSM Tool comparable to any other global tool but really great value for...

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

We have been using SYSAID since 2012. It was easy to implement and roll out to the business. Today even our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] uses SYSAID to log tickets for issues.

Pros

Ease of use and setup with Asset management/Projects modules which are easy to use

Cons

The reporting tool exports to Excel 2003 format. needs updating to Excel 2016 or higher

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

Cumbersome, slow, unusable and not user friendly

Zendesk and BMC Helix ITSM

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Cost and as its based out of Europe, No VAT to pay giving a huge cost saving.
Eric F.

All essencials in one service desk

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

IT issues such as internet/ server down, softwares not working, new hiring / off board processes, approvals trough dynamic workflows usage.
The most we like that is automated and no more manual work needed anymore which saves us a lot of time to focus on tasks with higher priority and urgency.

Pros

No need for multiple tools and softwares anymore as SysAid has all essencials in one service desk. Easy to use and friendly. Lots of 3rd parties integrations available, such as Teamviewer, Office365, Sap and much more.

Cons

I like everything as is completely customizable and automated, maybe like less that the integration with softwares like Sap required a special coding and configuration but fully understand as it was based on our needs which is amazing to have the option to customize according to our requirements and needs. There are tons of softwares that dont offer this and only what it comes by default , out of the box.

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Because has all essencials in one service desk, place, no need for multiple tools, all in one. Inexpensive , easy to configure, use and very friendly tool.
Lori S.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Help Desk management system

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

SysAid team is great! they are very responsive and always there to help.

Pros

Ease of use. Workflow capabilities are great. Easy to setup new groups, categories, ect.

Cons

Reporting functions are getting better but still in progress.

InvGate Service Desk

Needed something global

Microsoft SharePoint

People and easier configuration
Lorne H.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Customizable and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Excellent we use this to keep track of our system and componets

Pros

Customizable and easy to use, Good support and the product never seems to need any maintance

Cons

Some of the small things like window size on some parts of the app...small things mostly

Joe W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I love SysAid!!!!!!!!!1

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

I have now used SysAid at 4 companies. Every company I go to I change out their system to SysAid.

Pros

It has so many features included with the product. It's very easy and intuitive to use. It has all the tech ops tools I need under one roof. We're changing the way our entire business functions with an IT tool.

Cons

Setting up incident management is easy. Finding the capacity to setup all the features and functionality has been a challenge. This isn't a con but more of a frustration for me. It's easy to see everything it can do and use cases. The challenge is putting all the thoughts into logic to make it happen.

Luis a. D.

Nice tool to manage IT Recourses

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

Is good, actually, I don't conceive to manage IT ticketing outside SysAid.

At first you have to be familiar with some administrative options, but in couple of hours you would be ready to go.

Pros

Powerful platform with different Approaches. I have modules to administrate efficiently your Tickets and incident related to Service Desk, and project manajement.

BI and regular Reports are a hit!, you can customized all of the thing and assign timer to different stages. There as a portal that you can share with your customers to auto-services an follow-up their tickets

Cons

Poor options to project management and low performance. The look'n'feel is bad, and confusing.
I would prefer to avoid that module if you have some middle-size projects, and go to MS project instead.

JIRA Service Management

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Cloud option available, and very strong name in the market. It is a ready to go service.
Leonel L.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A great IT service management tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

for years we needed to get KPI's based on the support workload for the IT team, now we can have them with sysaid

Pros

easy to use tool for end users, and capabilities for reporting services

Cons

very restricted directly access to database.

System Center and Spiceworks

cloud service

GLPi

Cost of implementation
Ahsan K.

SysAid

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

We are using SysAid to manage our day to day incidents and requests. Along with that we have de-commisioned solar winds and intune and only use SysAId as our Asset management.

Pros

We implemented SysAid for our ticket and asset management system. SysAid is nothing but a great system which can improve productivity drastically. The thing I like most about the system is that the varieties in which it could be molded depending on customers needs. I will definitely suggest SysAid.

Cons

I have not come across any cons until now.

SolarWinds Service Desk

Limited functionality.

SolarWinds Service Desk
Garan T.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

SysAid - Simple ITIL ticket management

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

SysAid has helped us implement ITIL within our organisation, track tickets and service records with SLA's and provide clear communication with our end users

Pros

I love the customizability in every small detail. You can craft everything to capture information exactly for your organization without missing anything.

Cons

I didn't like how the RDS agent on the laptops is a little bit of a hassle to install and uninstall. The RDS it self it a little bit flakey but definitely not a deal breaker. I wish the UI was more modern.

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Pricing and deployment was much easier on SysAid, the pricing was almost 1/3rd of all the competitors for the same and more featureset
Gregg S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy to Use and Easy to Modify for your needs

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

HIGHLY recommend it. There is flashier looking packages on the market, that DO NOT perform as well and definitely not for the price. And I feel none hold a candle to the support and effort to be even better DAILY than SYSAID.

Pros

I have been using SYSAID for 15+ years. I find it is very easy to understand and use. It is highly customizable without the need for complex interactions or training from SYSAID. THE SUPPORT from SYSAID is far beyond any other Vendor I have dealt with in 35+ years of IT work.

Cons

Some features advertised fall a little short of what you may expect but always meet what they say..The Ever evolving product sometimes creates an expectation that just doesn't quite reach the level I am expecting

• Industry: Building Materials

good ITSM System

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Pros

the ability to be able to build and setup the system without hire new employees

Cons

the workflow and the asset managements not intuitive

ServiceNow

BMC Helix ITSM and ServiceNow

price and local integrator
Jon S.

Exceptional Customer Support & Powerful Service Desk

Reviewed on 2016/01/27

First off let me start off with saying that we've have had our issues with SysAid over the years but SysAid has improved leaps and bounds since we decided to go with them and I'm glad we stuck with them despite the issues.

We first rolled SysAid out locally and have since migrated to their cloud edition. We utilize almost all of the features offered by SysAid.

****LIKES MOST****
-Features: Incredibly powerful and feature rich service desk. If locally hosted you can control virtually every aspect of the service desk and customize it to your liking. -Customer Support: Amazing customer support and online community. You can tell the team behind SysAid is passionate about their product. -Price: Comparatively speaking SysAid is equal or lower in annual cost to operate (we use the Cloud edition). -Reporting: MUCH improved reporting. -Asset Management: Possibly my favorite feature. SysAid will scan my network and add assets to my service desk. SysAid will alert me when certain events occur with the asset and keep my assets up-to-date.

****LIKES LEAST****
- Lack of integration with third party applications however SysAid is currently working on this. - Ease of use: SysAid is packed full of functionality and it can be a little intimidating or difficult to get setup however the online help and online community make things a much easier. - Lack of high-level, customizable dashboards which are common with other service desks. - Lack of email response integration which is common with other service desks. SysAid does integrate with email servers however for email responses to link to the ticket the message must be generated using the messaging system within the service desk. Communication with the end user via an email client will not tie back to the service desk ticket.

Response from SysAid Technologies

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your honest feedback- it's extremely valuable to us. I know that your account manager has since been in touch with you to ensure that you're familiar with all of SysAid's customization options in the cloud- which are identical to those offered in the locally-hosted (on-premise) solution.

You mentioned that you could benefit from a high-level dashboard, so I'm hoping that you've now had a chance to check out SysAid's new BI Analytics module- just released in January 2016. This is an out-of-the-box BI tool powered by Qlik and now built in to SysAid, that will save our customers enormous time and resources on obtaining critical data. Thank you again for all of your comments!

Kim.

Paul B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

An invaluable tool for the management of IT Support

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

The remote control feature as assisted us a lot in the current Covdi-19 lockdown and Sysaid as still allowed us to provide the end users with IT support while still working from home.

Pros

The ease of use for the end user, and opening up of several ways of communication between the end user and support team, and the ability to keep the end user upto date with the progress of their submitted ticket.

Cons

customising some areas can be a little complex, I'm sure will get easier with more use.