SysAid

David
David
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great tool, simple to use, ITIL aligment and powerful customization capabilities

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Being easy to use, configure and completely aligned with ITIL framework we implemented it successfully with a fast user adoption; now I have full knowledge on what is going on in my department.

Pros

It have several options to create a ticket (from e-mail to a key on the keyboard - F11) and is powerful enough to support detailed customization (look and feel, personalized templates, e-mail with expected resolution dates, tickets categories, timers, notifications, etc).

Cons

Project tracking is rudimentary (Understood that it's not part of the scope)

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

I used it on the past and remembered that have the easiest way to submit a ticket by pressing a single key on the keyboard... and becasue is fully aligned with ITIL
Charles
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

The Impact of SysAid

Reviewed on 2020/12/06

My overall experience on SysAid has been awesome, however, there are some challenges been faced

dur...

during usage. If one is not technically sound, it will be difficult to manage as an Administrator without the consent of

the professional support, but however, there is a user-guide to help.

Pros

The features I like most about the software is the Advanced reporting, It helps

to give detailed reports about your ticketing system as a whole,location-wise, computer assets, service

been used mostly etc. It also gives room to have full control as desired.

Cons

The Features that should be improved is unable to filter the customized field which is the most

the critical feature that is important.

For instance, when an additional feature is created manually separate from the original features,

it is difficult to filter. for the implementation to take place, it will fee for a professional

support as it is concluded as a project.

SapphireIMS and Lansweeper

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

It was switched because there are some features required for the operation which is not available.

Spiceworks

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

We chose SysAid over Spiceworks, because it contains more features.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Feature-rich but clunky

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Full help desk ticket tracking as well as workstation polling.

Full help desk ticket tracking as well as workstation polling.

Pros

Does a great job at tracking and managing helpdesk tickets as well as your environment. Allows for multiple users which can trade off tickets. Very configurable to your requirements. The cloud-hosted version has never had an un-planned outage since we began using the product.

Cons

Very clunky interface, certain items do not work in Chrome certain items do not work in IE, the polling client on workstations updates every minute which results in an extremely high connection rate which throws off firewall reports (It's not mission critical every hour or two would be fine), need a lot more polish compared to other options now available, customer service is not US based and very quick to dismiss you.

Response from SysAid Technologies

We have made vast strides in modernizing our user interface - we recently released a new interface for the end users - our Self-Service Portal, and next up is the admin interface.
Our Agent technologies polls the server / RDS every 30 seconds for messages in order to allow online features such as broadcast messages to end users, initiate a remote control session, initiate a chat with end users and more... the packet sent/received is extremely small and does not cause any significant network traffic. The one time FULL computer inventory sent after initial deployment is a bit larger ~ 300K - that is what you may have seen in your FW traffic. Your account manager will be happy to review this with you.

Alon
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 2023/11/03

Great helpdesk and inventory software

Pros

very good helpdesk ticketing system and inventory as well

Cons

cost money for more administrators but can be implemented for more departments

Zendesk Sell

Local Support
Tim
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Not the bigest name but a full featured surprisingly good solution

Reviewed on 2021/01/20

I have nothing negative to say about them. Our account manager has been excellent. As far as I can remember, we have had no outages during the last 2 years. If you are looking for an ITSM solution, at least give them a try, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Pros

Due to the help offered by Sysaid, it was easy to get the solution configured to our needs. If needed, we could have given them our requirements and they would have configured it for us. I like to learn a solution by doing the config myself, so just relied on them to point me in the right direction as and when needed. I didn't need a lot of help during the initial setup, but when I reached out to them, the service was always excellent. On the surface it looks quite simple but when you dig into the admin settings, it has a lot of powerful features that make it very customizable.

Cons

Rendering email in the ticket was clumsy but has improved recently. It is perfectly useable but others do it better.

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus MSP

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

We already use MESD in other areas of the company and we needed a SaaS solution. The MSP version wasn't available as SaaS. Having said that, we might still have chosen Sysaid even if it was.
Lillian
Lillian
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great ITSM platform with great capabilities

Reviewed on 2023/08/28

SysAid is the answer to the issue of manual customer management. We utilize it for contract and renewal management, automated responses to customer support questions, and onboarding of new services.

Pros

The platform's pre-built functionality is excellent for handling support tickets, and it's highly customizable to fit any organization's specific requirements. Having the option to make your own folders and processes is quite useful.

Cons

There are so many settings and options to configure in this program that we often find ourselves lost. There can be post-update issues on occasion. Since I only have 5 administrators and the bare minimum license, I can't generate nearly enough reports.

Hitesh

SYSAID is a great ITSM Tool comparable to any other global tool but really great value for...

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

We have been using SYSAID since 2012. It was easy to implement and roll out to the business. Today even our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] uses SYSAID to log tickets for issues.

Pros

Ease of use and setup with Asset management/Projects modules which are easy to use

Cons

The reporting tool exports to Excel 2003 format. needs updating to Excel 2016 or higher

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

Cumbersome, slow, unusable and not user friendly

BMC Helix ITSM and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Cost and as its based out of Europe, No VAT to pay giving a huge cost saving.
Eric

All essencials in one service desk

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

IT issues such as internet/ server down, softwares not working, new hiring / off board processes, approvals trough dynamic workflows usage.
The most we like that is automated and no more manual work needed anymore which saves us a lot of time to focus on tasks with higher priority and urgency.

Pros

No need for multiple tools and softwares anymore as SysAid has all essencials in one service desk. Easy to use and friendly. Lots of 3rd parties integrations available, such as Teamviewer, Office365, Sap and much more.

Cons

I like everything as is completely customizable and automated, maybe like less that the integration with softwares like Sap required a special coding and configuration but fully understand as it was based on our needs which is amazing to have the option to customize according to our requirements and needs. There are tons of softwares that dont offer this and only what it comes by default , out of the box.

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Because has all essencials in one service desk, place, no need for multiple tools, all in one. Inexpensive , easy to configure, use and very friendly tool.
James
James
  • Industry: Higher Education

SysAid Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

We have tracking capability with SysAid that we never had before. We are able to better route our service requests to the correct team for quicker response. We have better ability to tier our help desk services. We have the capability of tracking hardware and software assets and maintaining an ITIL CMDB.

Pros

Includes an asset management system and CMDB, modern interface for end-users and administrators, excellent sales and technical support.

Cons

Workflow management is a little outdated and has a bit of a learning curve.

Jitbit Helpdesk

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

Lack of capabilities in tracking, tiering, asset management, and CMDB.

Jitbit Helpdesk

Price and capability.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Robust and affordable IT management tool

Reviewed on 2023/03/08

We also use it for tracking changes, keeping an inventory of our assets, and generating reports. We are now better able to track and manage our assets, as well as identify the type and version of software running on each machine.

Pros

The IT business processes in our company are monitored, measured, and supported by end-users thanks to Sysaid. We needed a solution that provided constant, seamless connectivity across all of our devices.

Cons

It seems like they are halfway done implementing a whole new, cutting-edge UI design, judging by the current state of the user interface. The layout and aesthetic of the many pages varies. The product makes use of three or four distinct styles.

Adewale
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great User Experience

Reviewed on 2021/10/20

Great graphic user interface, with awesome user experience

Great graphic user interface, with awesome user experience

Pros

Ability to be able to use the analytic and reporting at convenience, creating your type of report weekly, daily or monthly. Spooling at ease when and how you want it .

Sysaid CX/UX is top notch for a first time user (onboarding) easy navigation

Sysaid asset lifecycle, helps with onboarding and offboarding of an employee in the business with smooth transition and great experience.

Sysaid helps with right prioritization, the impact and urgency of tickets helps both the user and process manager .

Cons

The chat console is not really in use, still struggles with the chat session from the administrative point of view

Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

First Pricing, with UX and smooth navigation for user and admin
Luis A.

Nice tool to manage IT Recourses

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

Is good, actually, I don't conceive to manage IT ticketing outside SysAid.

At first you have to...

Is good, actually, I don't conceive to manage IT ticketing outside SysAid.

At first you have to be familiar with some administrative options, but in couple of hours you would be ready to go.

Pros

Powerful platform with different Approaches. I have modules to administrate efficiently your Tickets and incident related to Service Desk, and project manajement.

BI and regular Reports are a hit!, you can customized all of the thing and assign timer to different stages. There as a portal that you can share with your customers to auto-services an follow-up their tickets

Cons

Poor options to project management and low performance. The look'n'feel is bad, and confusing.
I would prefer to avoid that module if you have some middle-size projects, and go to MS project instead.

JIRA Service Management

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Cloud option available, and very strong name in the market. It is a ready to go service.
charles

Make you job easy

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

I love this product, I use it daily and it brings control to managing your Network. the support is fantastic and SysAid really wants you to use there software to the fullest extent with there training and support they have never left me down

Pros

Sysaid is a one shop stop for managing users and computer in you organization. from inventory, helpdesk, patch management and remote control. SysAid can not be beat

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about the product, I am very satisfied

Akosua Tiwaa

Sysaid, the Tool to Bridge Customer and Support Gap

Reviewed on 2022/12/07

Overall, the product is great, aside minor issues, these issues when raised with support, they immediately assist and resolve immediately.

Pros

This is a really easy to use product, easily navigatable and pleasing to the eye interface

Cons

As an administrator, we experience lags that throw our tickets out of order, although set parameters have not been touched or changed

FootPrints and ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

The remedy product no longer served our purpose as a growing business

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

The ease of use, and also the price as well as its ability to meet majority of the company's needs
Clay

SysAid

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

Compared to other ticketing software this is not a good product and I would not recommend it.

Pros

I like the idea of combining the ticketing system and remote access platform. If designed correctly, it could be extremely beneficial.

Cons

I do not like the over functionality of SysAid. The interface is extremely antiquated and is very hard to navigate. Also, dealing with tech support has not been pleasant. Our account manager is great, but outside of them, no one seems to care about the finished product.

Akosua Tiwaa

Sysaid - A Second Review

Reviewed on 2023/10/27

Initially, I had reservations about sysaid's customer service support. However, I've come to appreciate the value in their meticulous approach to addressing issues and providing long-lasting solutions. This positive aspect of their service has improved my perception of SysAid. Nevertheless, I have noticed that resolving critical issues can be time-consuming, and this could be an area for potential improvement.

Pros

Over the years, SysAid has consistently demonstrated stability in its ticketing system. Even in a high-volume environment with over 15,000 tickets processed monthly, the platform has effectively maintained data integrity without experiencing delays or system lag.

Cons

In a previous review, I initially expressed dissatisfaction with SysAid's customer service support. However, over time, I came to appreciate their methodical approach to ticket inquiries, which aims to understand the root cause of issues for a more effective and lasting solution. Nevertheless, for critical issues requiring tier 3/4/developer attention, the resolution process tends to be time-consuming.

jason
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Reasonably priced and fully featured

Reviewed on 2022/06/30

Pros

SysAid offers excellent customer service and support, my tickets are responded to within an hour and all issues that have arisen during our usage have been resolved to a satisfactory level. The product is highly customizable, but many features are too complicated to be done by the end user, and a professional services package will need to be purchased.

Cons

Our organization has a PC and Android environment, SysAid offers an agent to install on the PC's to collect information for asset management and support, but it does not offer an app to install on Android devices.

Gracia Amivi

Sysaid - A good entry level ticketing system

Reviewed on 2023/11/01

Overall, sysaid does a good job in this ticketing system. It allows for accountability among users

Pros

Sysaid has a user friendly interface, it is easy to navigate between end user and an administrator. Actions are easy to find and requires little effort to learn the basics

Cons

Its integration with outlook although great causes a number of issues when a refresh occurs and checks are not made to ensure correct parameters are selected

• Industry: Building Materials

good ITSM System

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Pros

the ability to be able to build and setup the system without hire new employees

Cons

the workflow and the asset managements not intuitive

ServiceNow

BMC Helix ITSM and ServiceNow

price and local integrator
Paul

An invaluable tool for the management of IT Support

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

The remote control feature as assisted us a lot in the current Covdi-19 lockdown and Sysaid as still allowed us to provide the end users with IT support while still working from home.

Pros

The ease of use for the end user, and opening up of several ways of communication between the end user and support team, and the ability to keep the end user upto date with the progress of their submitted ticket.

Cons

customising some areas can be a little complex, I'm sure will get easier with more use.

Phil
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Affordable IT management tool for education users

Reviewed on 2022/11/17

SysAid helps us deliver a support service with ease. The self-service portal really helps provide a central support hub where our end users can request further support or a variety of self-support material which we've pre-populated. Our overall experience both with the software itself and the support from SysAid has been brilliant.

Pros

SysAid is so easy to setup and, right out of the box, guides you through an easy installation process (we use the on-prem version) Our end users interact positively with a well designed web GUI and local system agent. The green desktop icon is our 'go to' for support and certainly plays a big part in our support service offering.

Cons

Minor things really, we've used this software for a while now and grown as a support service with it. With regard to upgrade paths, we'd like to see a single 'rollup' upgrade rather than incremental patches as this would help to reduce our downtime. Some further customizations (branding) to the GUI would also be great, different themes for instance.

Ken

Sysaid is a good Service Desk ticketing System. Although it misses a good user interface.

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Pros

Good ticketting system with Incidents, Request, change and problem Classification
Workflow templates.

Cons

Complex.
Poor end user portal for KB and Service Request follow up.
Poor search functionality.
Old UI with old text editors. Does not evolve with contemporary new media needs.
Not implementable as a cross business Service Record tool. Only usable by ICT departement. Too complex to implement over different departments like Facilities, HR, QESH, Fleet.

Response from SysAid Technologies

Hey Ken, many thanks for sharing your positive thoughts on our workflow templates and ticketing/incident systems. And thank you as well for the constructive feedback about our interface.
In our Summer 17 edition, we launched our new & improved Self-Service Portal, including a modern HTML5-based interface, together with advanced search capabilities and the option to customize brand with no coding skills required. This self-service portal also simplifies the ability to implement over different departments and we're in the process of upgrading the user interface of admins as well. We will continue to make more improvements so stay tuned and thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

Nick

Great software and great service

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Fantastic, easy from 1st quote to implementation.

Fantastic, easy from 1st quote to implementation.

Pros

Out of the box features are excellent and the system is very easy to configure.

Cons

Some of the features are clearly still a work in progress but rate of development seems good.

BMC Helix ITSM

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

Remedy was to rigid and to expensive.

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

More closely meet our requirements.
Ryan

Great value for robust Help Desk software

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Prior software (SchoolDude) was not made for IT Help Desk and was not user-friendly for any users. SysAid was about the same price and is IT-specific tool. Easy implementation and on-boarding of new product was nice.

Pros

Ease of implementation and ease of use for our End Users. LDAP integration was a plus; and reporting features are robust.

Cons

Occasional issues with the hosted environment and not always the clearest communication regarding causes of downtime or ETA to be up.

Spiceworks and Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Primarily cost and ease of implementation.
Sylvester
Sylvester
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

SysAid Helpdesk Tool

Reviewed on 2022/10/26

SysAid has helped in automation of processes, especially the IT helpdesk. Top benefit is in the area of support ticket management.

Pros

The features most impactful are the Incident management, Request management, and Problem management. I am able to create workflows and automate several other departmental workflows such that paper works are drastically reduced. Product is easy to use. And integration with my existing business process was seamless.

Cons

Creation of custom fields does not allow you to create a label for read only. All fields require updates!