Relenta

Email-based CRM for people who get things done

Dario B.
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Working as Life saver for our small team

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

it's just an awesome app. I used to get lost in task, opportunity and just the whole process of keeping up with leads I'd generate. Relenta first and foremost keeps me moving forward in the sales process and the contacts associated with the deals. I was confused by some of the other CRMs and their approach and the learning curve took too long. This makes sense of organization - at least for me!

Pros

Native email integration is huge. Contact timelines have the entire relationship on one page. This "one-click zone" concept ensures that everything we need is always in front of us, or worse case scenario, a click away, never more. Relenta's email support is one of the best in the biz, if not the best.

Cons

Limited integrations via API require us to write custom code so that Relenta could talk to some other apps we are using but since integration with Zapier is underway and that should take care of it.

Lee T.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Simplifies Team Collaboration and Work

Reviewed on 2015/12/13

Relenta has truly been a lifesaver for me because I often collaborate and consult on many teams. It's so much easier to work together to ensure that we can provide our clients with the best experience and service possible when we all have access to all of the communication links (e-mail chains). We have also greatly improved in our ability to provide timely and consistent follow-through.

I don’t work for Relenta but I highly recommend it to many of the companies that I work with because I believe it’s a tool that makes us all more efficient. Relenta has simplified the ability to share information, calendars and e-mails. It helps teams not to leave a stone, a question, or a comment unturned and nothing falls through the cracks. When we share e-mails, we can also view any (important) extra notes that may have been added but was not necessarily apparent in the written communication (this feature allows us to give our clients the personalized service that they deserve). In one glance, we can all get quickly up to speed with what many be going on with any particular client or company.

At the end of the day, Relenta is the tech-savvy personal assistant that I’ve always wanted and needed in my e-mail box.

Pros

--teams work more efficiently/more productive (better client managers)
--streamlined follow-ups.
--shared email communication, notes, files, all correspondence regarding a project or client can be viewed (and acted on) by all team members.

Cons

Not able to merge Relenta with Google calendar.

• Industry: Research

Perfect tool to manage relationships

Reviewed on 2015/12/15

My business relies 100% on the successful management of relationships via email, and Relenta makes this task extremely simple and intuitive. The amount of time and money I save by using Relenta is unbelievable. It allows me to turn my emails into tasks, so it is not only to communicate with my contacts but also to organize my own workload and automate a lot of tasks that I previously had to waste time on to do manually. It’s a life saver.

Pros

Very easy to use and is very flexible, there are multiple ways of doing the same task in Relenta so you have the ability to find your ideal workflows, to do things your way.

It has all the tools I need, it’s an all-in-one solution combining multiple apps into one (email, contact manager, calendar, task manager, cloud storage, sales pipeline, email marketing)

The contact timeline feature alone makes it worth it - the ability to have the ENTIRE history of a relationship on one screen is extremely powerful!

The customer service is fantastic, they are very quick to reply and help to find custom solutions. They helped me find the perfect setup and optimized it for my needs. They actually care - which is pretty unusual in my experience.

Cons

Despite having most of the features I need, a few additional ones would be desirable - e.g. email statistics and more integration with other apps. This is only reason I give 4 stars instead of 5.

Response from Relenta

Hi there,

many thanks for the great review. Just to address the cons you mentioned: you will be happy to know that we are on the final stages of releasing both email tracking/statistics as well as integration with Zapier (which allows you to integrate Relenta with just about any other app).

So keep an eye out, we hope to turn your 4 stars into 5 in the next few weeks!

- The Relenta Team

William R.

Single most important software for email productivity, customer relationship, task management

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

The Relenta software intelligently brings together 4 key items necessary to manage email communications: email activity, customer/contact, action (tasks) and time (events).

I could never understand how to effectively incoming emails and necessary follow-up in a meaningful way. I started using Relenta in 2009 and have not looked at another email system since then. This software has been the key to success in running a small, rapidly changing business operation of 1 to 6 independent contractors (local office which is part of a national non-profit educational organization).

The software is the center of my business communications and allows me to augment activities associated with our corporate CRM (Netsuite) system. It is non-intrusive and adaptable to changing circumstances.

Key advantages:

1) Track incoming requests for service (emails and phone calls); set reminders for follow-up (meetings; phone calls, etc); activity is always tied to a contact and a calendar date/time)
2) Easily review/update daily, weekly, monthly calendar of events
3) Use mobile device to monitor/update activity using Relenta
4) Lookup contact and immediately see all activities (emails, events, phone calls, etc)
5) Create lists for tracking attendance at weekly events (public lectures; event schedules with multiple attendees). All events can also be easily linked to multiple contacts for effortless follow-up;
6) Send HTML newsletters
7) there is so much more but it all occurs seamlessly and without effort; so that I can focus on the business instead of the technology.
8) The Relenta team is always brilliant and friendly!
9) I also use Relenta to manage my personal (family) email activities and events.

Larry D.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Love this service.

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

I spent many months looking for an email solution. Read many great reviews and after testing other systems knew Relenta would work for me. What I did not know was how well. Relenta is the cornerstone of my business and I have not even used many of the features.

Pros

The ease of tracking emails and it practically acts as a knowledge database for me.

Cons

Some additional programs that could link to it.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Relenta is "Relentless" at making your customer relations better!

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

So far, all is well! Nothing but smooth sailing!

Pros

I like that there is a 14 day no hassle trial, and easy ways to pay once you enjoy using their software.

Cons

Nothing so far has been a negative! Looking forward to the relationships built with this product.

Dave J.

Great UI and a feature-rich software!

Reviewed on 2015/12/15

Great user interface. Great support on the rate occasions when we need it. Mass email feature is what we like the most, as it completely eliminates the need to pay for and maintain our client email lists in a separate email marketing service

Pros

Everything we need for daily operations is in one place

Cons

No offline capability

Lee W.

Relenta Rock!

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

I've used Relenta for a number of years - the developers are always improving it.

Relents is an easy to use Contact Relationship Manager, Relenta is a drip email campaign manager, Relenta is an autoresponder, relenta can be a shared database.

Relenta brings a number of primary functions together into one easy to use web based application. I use Relenta for business development, holding clients hand through the process, and communication after the sale. At previous companies I also used Relenta for HR communication for on boarding and regular communication with employees.

Because Relenta allows you to create groups and multiple databases you have a lot of ways to build and manage communication channels.

Cons

Could more API connections - (Relenta uses REST not that difficult to build or is inexpensive if you need something custom.)

Kent S.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Seamless integration between email, contacts and calendar

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

I have been using Relenta for a nearly a year now, after using ACT and a few other CRM's in the past. I also looked at some of the other cloud CRM's like Salesforce, but nothing I've looked at can come close to offering all the features and value of Relenta.
One of the features I really needed, that Relenta does extremely well, is the seamless integration between contacts, calendar and email. Most programs overlook the importance of many of the simple yet time saving features in Relenta, which is focused on email communication making it the perfect solution for businesses that communicate a majority of the time by email.
But the feature I like most is the ability to personalize all the emails I send. I might send the same email to over 100 people but each recipient needs to feel I am interested in a response from them in particular, so I really appreciate that the email doesn't come across as mass marketing.

Pros

Web based, available anywhere
Simple to set up, easy to use
Responsive customer service

Cons

Surcharge for monthly billing

Rowland S.
  • Industry: Maritime

Does it for me...

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

Easy to use with great support. As a web based email client it's been a dependable friend for 5+ years...

Pros

Easy to use and configure.

Cons

Being web based, adding images is a pain, but possible as attachments

Manolis V.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Relenta is a great tool for my work

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

I am using Relenta every day for my work sorting my email, my calendar and my tasks. The contact with my clients changed radically since I use Relenta app.

Pros

Pros: Saving time and money and I am doing any job faster and more efficiently.

Cons

Highly recommend it! No cons for me.

Iurii Z.

Reviewed on 2015/12/10

I’m very pleased with the service. As part of my MBA training and consulting work I’ve dealt with dozens of CRM solutions and Relenta easily comes up on top as the best all-around email-contact-task manager for small busy teams.

Pros

Nothing new to learn. All interfaces are very intuitive and familiar from the use of webmail, online calendars and so on.

Cons

A solution like this requires email statistics but I’ve been told that it will be released soon.

Response from Relenta

Thanks for the sweet review! Regarding the con issue, you are right, we are indeed about to release a feature that will allow allow you to track emails open & click statistics to help you fine-tune your marketing efforts. Stay tuned, this will be released in the coming weeks!

- The Relenta Team

Peter S.

Reviewed on 2015/12/09

Relenta has seamless integration between contacts, calendar and email. There are some really simple yet time saving features, most software overlooks the importance of these things.

Pros

All clients are kept separate. I looked at other platforms and some are limited because only one database is create for the small business itself. That's why Relenta is great for marketing agencies/companies. All your clients can have their own area and not get bundled together.

Cons

Relenta doesn't yet have email open analytics, this would be really helpful.

Dmitry R.

Excellent and easy to use CRM

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Our international trade business has three locations and 15 employees in different time zones. Relenta helps us keep all our activities in sync. The Contact Timeline feature is absolutely essential because everybody can see the email correspondence between the contact and everyone else on our team. If your business depends on email for efficient operations I highly recommend Relenta.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Simple solution for small Asset Management firm

Reviewed on 2015/12/11

All the functionality needed to manage client interaction and communication without needed system administrator to run the suite. Having customer profiles and history available at all times saves effort.

Pros

Well designed interface

No need for dedicated system admin

Ideal for small office

Cons

May not be the best solution for larger orgs with dedicated IT staff and legacy CRM implementation.

Andy S.

Awesome tool

Reviewed on 2015/12/10

I’ve worked with and on many different startups over the years and I wish I knew about Relenta back then. It’s an awesome tool for small teams to achieve and maintain productivity. It is now hard to imagine life without it.

Pros

Fantastic support, fast turnaround time super friendly and no-nonsense

Cons

Pricing could be more startup friendly.

Oksana R.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 2015/12/10

I have access to Relenta through my company account and I absolutely love how easy it is to keep track of client projects. Most of our work is done via email and this is where Relenta shines.

Pros

Easy to collaborate on client cases as we all can see what others are doing

Cons

Could be more user friendly for people that are unfamiliar with CRM.

James P.
  • Industry: Photography

Happy Client

Reviewed on 2015/12/09

Using Relenta for client management and sales primiarily. I have many different projects running at the same time and Relenta gives me the ability to have a separate database for each. Highly recommended.

Pros

Very simple user interface and feature-rich at the same time: everything we need under one login.

Cons

Nothing I have found.

Andrew G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Nice one

Reviewed on 2015/12/11

Relenta takes care of the basics really, really well without nagging you down with all kinds of features that you will probably never use. Great tool!

Pros

Great tools for managing both sales and client support

Cons

As a business development manager I would like to see more reporting

• Industry: Hospitality

Immature Product - Not many features

Reviewed on 2015/07/25

Over a few months I've been using and comparing three apps: Relenta, Nimble and Insightly. Relenta ranks at the bottom. Why because it has very limited functionality and it costs a lot. For example they have a sales pipeline but there is no meaningful reporting to go with it. If you want to send multiple emails, it's a complicated process.
One of the problems is that this is an immature product. That were fine if it only cost a few dollars a month but for the $ 60 a month you can get much better developed CRM apps with more functionality.

Pros

They try to keep things simple with some success. Visually it's easy to keep an overview of communications with specific contacts.

Cons

Basic funtionality.
Pricey for what it is.

Rod L.

Make it Happen Software

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

We have enjoyed using Relenta now across 3 different companies. What I have enjoyed most is that Relenta continues to add features and functionality to make staying in contact with our customers easy and effective.

Pros

Having a total view / understanding of what is happening with our customers.

Cons

We always want more now! :) I think this is the ying and yang of all software. What I'd like to see them add is more API supported apps.

Irina R.

Fantastic productivity tool

Reviewed on 2016/10/28

Relenta's big shortcoming is the lack of built-in reporting. We are forced to export contacts in Excel and generate reports there. Other than that, it is the most valuable tool in our company and because of that I give it all 5 stars across the board. I cannot imagine going back to "normal" Inbox like Gmail. Our business relies almost exclusively on email for communication. We don't have a huge contact database, just a few dozen contacts, but each relationship is exceptionally valuable and maintaining relationships is where Relenta shines. It keeps everything so well organized that I sometimes forget that we even have a CRM meaning that unlike other CRMs that I've personally used in the past, Relenta doesn't create any extra work. So basically on a day-to-day level just feels like emailing and using calendar for tasks and events/notes. To summarize, Relenta is a very powerful CRM system.

Rinat A.
  • Industry: Warehousing

The only working email-based CRM that I'm aware of

Reviewed on 2015/12/12

We used Relenta at Lokad for as long as I remember it. It just got the job done, helping to run the business. If there were any questions or feature requests, Dmitri was always eager to answer or help.

Years later, when I was helping to start MyDreamCity (a non-profit organisation helping kids living in orphanages) I turned again to Relenta. It was simple and intuitive enough to help students and volunteers stay in touch with orphanages and sponsors around the world. Dmitry provided us with a free perpetual license.

Pros

It is simple and gets the job done.

Cons

I recall missing some advanced features like organisations and flexible search. However, I believe, these all were addressed since then.

Julia A.

Great Tool!

Reviewed on 2015/12/12

Great tool, simple to use I highly recommend it regardless of the industry you’re in. I’ve trained people to use Relenta and it always works well regardless of the market. People who used ACT! for 20 years hit the ground running with Relenta.

Pros

Great support, easy to learn and as far as features Relenta has mostly everything an independent business owner or a small business team might need.

Cons

Not many integrations and the browser mobile version is at times a little tricky to use.

Response from Relenta

Hi, thanks for the short but sweet review.

You will be happy to know that we are on the final stages of releasing a huge update that will include an integration with Zapier (an app which allows you to integrate Relenta with just about any other app). So keep an eye out!

We are sorry to hear that you feel our mobile version is tricky to use. Keep in mind that we released it very recently and are working hard to improve it in future updates. We welcome your feedback about what in particular is tricky, so that we can address the issues. Please get in touch with our team at [email protected] Thanks!

- The Relenta Team

Azharul I.
  • Industry: Accounting

Amazing Product - With many features

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

About twelve months, I've been using and comparing three apps: Relenta, Nimble and Insightly. Relenta ranks increase gradually. Why because its great functionality, easy to instal user friendly. For example, they have lots of amazing advanced feature, it's processed user-friendly. One of the problems is that The product price is a little bit high, but it's reasonable because of its advanced feature.

Pros

Lots of advanced features,user-friendly, easy to instal
They keep things simple successfully. Visually it's easy to keep an overview of communications with specific contacts.

Cons

Price level is little bit high but reasonable for such a good product