Act-On Reviews

Act-On

Cloud marketing automation platform

4.3/5 (229 reviews)

A strategic tool to build successful marketing campaigns

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

Having a marketing automation tool such as Act-on is a really benefit to run successful marketing campaign. When we started using Act-On, we realized we were not as organized as we thought we were; It kind of "forced" us (in a positive way) to rethink our campaigns, how we built them and what we expected from them. We were able for the first time to really segment and target our audience. We saw a significant increase in our opening and click rates, we could trigger more interest by sending relevant content to our audience, and this led us to more qualified and interested leads.

This tool allowed us to track our audience and create reports on our tasks and projects such as events, webinars, digital campaign (including google adwords, social media posts, emails, website, landing pages). It is a must-have in our marketing tech-stack.
We would advise to really define your needs and do some benchmark; Act-On is a great tool to build segmentation, automated programs, nurturing programs and it can be integrated with many other tools, to create a great and efficient tech stack. It definitely is a tool worth having, but it requires to know where you want to go and what you want to achieve.
It took us a few months before understanding and mastering most of what you can do within the platform, and we’re still learning. So be persistent and don’t be afraid to “play with” and test the tool, it’s totally worth it.

Pros

Act-On’s automation platform is intuitive, I like the way the menu is built, it’s been made in a logical order so that when you move from one section to another, you go down the logical path to build automation.
The support team is great, they’re efficient and patient ! There are many ways to find answers and tips; the Act-On community, the Act-On university, the online training courses, the webinars, everything is made for us to easily learn and efficiently use the platform.

Cons

Sometimes it takes us quite some times to do some simple tasks, for example when editing a step in an automated program, we have to wait a few seconds for the system to record what we edited and allow us to move to the next step. When there are many steps, it can become frustrating. Another example is when editing an image using Act-On editor, it can time many minutes before we can see the changes on the image where it’s being used (in emails, landing page, etc). These delays can be a bit frustrating when you are working on a template and you can’t finish it because some of the assets are still being processed by the system.
The marketing calendar is a bit confusing sometimes, I see messages that have not been sent marked as sent, and we can only have a month view unless we export the details.

Response from Act-On Software

Thank you for posting your review. It's always great to get customer feedback on what's appreciated and what could be improved upon. Thanks again!

One of the Best Marketing Automation Programs I've Ever Used

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

My sales and marketing team had so many benefits from this software. The marketing and data analysts had high-level, quality reports that were as detailed or as broad as they wanted. The sales team had live information about their hottest leads and could rely on the lead-generation process to do things automatically. They didn't have to worry about information not being part of the CRM from Marketing because the integration made that seamless. Truly a great program and I didn't even have enough characters to talk about all of the other features too!

Pros

I liked everything about this software! It was truly an all-in-one deal. First of all, it integrated with our CRM (we used SugarCRM). The features related to this integration were: lead generation from our web forms, lead generation from our email campaigns, lead generation based on user action. It also pulled information in from our CRM, so any lead lists we created in our CRM (manually or automatically based on file status, etc) could be pulled into ActOn for campaigns.

Next, it integrated with our website - it also has the ability to design your own website within ActOn that allows for even more neat features. It tracked users across emails & webpages and the reports allowed us to drill down to specific geographical areas of activity, key words used, which pages they were on and for how long, etc. It also gave a numerical value (that you can custom set) to each action and at a certain point could put that contact into a sales cycle or send an alert to the sales team to reach out to them.
Lastly, the automated marketing feature was THE BEST. You have the ability to design a multi-faceted campaign that could run for a set amount of time, or indefinitely. What I found to be the cherry on top was that you could set actions for contacts who didn't do certain things (didn't click, didn't open, etc) and then repeat steps or put them into different tracks.
As huge as this program seems, it was also incredibly easy to navigate. Saved our teams a lot of time and energy.

Cons

The most challenging features were the design elements. It was very template based and it took some CSS or HTML skills to make them less-standard. This was true for everything - emails, web pages, landing pages, etc.

Response from Act-On Software

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic review of Act-On! We really appreciate it and are glad to hear about your excellent experience with our solution.
Happy Marketing!

Amy S.

Invaluable Marketing Asset

Reviewed on 2017/08/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Act-On is a robust, yet easy-to-use solution that combines multiple marketing applications into one. It has been a workhorse for us. While it can serve more than a dozen vital functions, including social media management and ABM, I most appreciate its integration with our CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and how it can be used to automate nurture programs, score leads based on behavior/engagement, and monitor web site visitor activity. I’m also very impressed by members of the tech support team who are very patient and have bailed us out of an after hours pinch more than once.

Cons

Keeping up with the constant evolution of Act-On is a full-time job. I often feel like we’re 5 steps behind in understanding newly released features and everything it can do. Of course, that’s a good problem. My only true critique is that the organization seems to have gone through some growing pains and lost its personal touch along the way. When I first selected and implemented Act-On at my previous company 4 years ago, I felt like our sales rep and implementation team were truly invested in our success. I was so impressed by the product and Act-On’s customer success team that I implemented it again at my next company and recommended it to several peers. However, faces began to change quickly, and we had 3 different reps in the same year. Our new contacts were less interested in our success and more interested in what we could do for them. One became obsessed with recruiting our company as a reseller. Things have settled down, but I don’t feel like they value our business as much as they once did.

Manu G.

Agree with recent Forrester Wave Report

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

I started out using Marketo years ago and while I was a power user and loved the depth of features, others in the company found it to be complex and most could use it for only the basics.

I moved on to Pardot and I really liked it, and I even attended their user conference three years ago in Atlanta - which unfortunately, was when they pass along the news to customer that they have been acquired and would end up Salesforce's portfolio. Pardot was moved into their Sales Cloud (and ExactTarget went to the Marketing Cloud), and the result has been, other than some UI improvements, almost no innovation at all... and a major rise in costs, where it's extra for phone support, they charge for Salesforce Engage, they charge for Wave Analytics, etc. etc.

Meanwhile, Act-On has been the steady player in the market that has continued to advance - and you see that in Forrester's Q4 2014 Wave report where Act-On moved to the upper, Leader quadrant ahead of Pardot and HubSpot (though, I'd say that HubSpot has always been more "Movement-First" versus "Product-First" where they invest more in their marketing then their marketing features, particularly with their focus on their CRM now).

Act-On received a large round of investment money, brought in loads of new talent on the executive team and down, and continue to push out new features faster than others on the market. They were first to launch Account-based Marketing, their Social tools are very advanced (Forrester scored them higher than HubSpot for example), built Data Studio that allows us to push to our BI easily (Tableau), they overhauled all of their composers (email, landing page and forms), added dynamic content & personalization features, and added a unique way to create Program Templates that is awesome and now have a growing library of templates you can grab and use that build out all the nurture program steps for you automatically (including sales alerts, CRM campaign updates, basic or advanced if/then scenarios, etc.).

I've always thought that price should not be a big driving factor for which tool to use. But, their Active Contacts model allows you to pay for what you use, versus the size of your database - and where Marketo and Pardot are adding more modules, Act-On includes everything in their Enterprise edition. And their Support is also fantastic.

Don't be fooled. This is an advanced tool that medium and large companies are using.

Pros

Sincerely easier to use than others on the market, great overall feature set, love the dynamic content options, program templates were a game changer, account-based marketing provides visibility into how programs are doing at the Account-level that we haven't had.

Cons

The UI is slowly being overhauled but I'd like to see this go faster. Their out-of-box reports aren't great, but I haven't run across a marketing automation platform who has great reporting (I do like Marketo's Opportunity Analyzer report) and we use Data Studio to simply pull data out the way we want it to populate our reports in excel or Tableau

Powerful and user friendly marketing automation suite with excellent customer support

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/01

We've been able to bring our marketing data into one place and create a more unified platform from which to send out our marketing campaigns.

Pros

We just started using Act-On a few months ago. We had debated marketing automation companies to go with for years. Overall, Act-On was able to go toe-to-toe in most regards with the other vendors we were considering, at least. The deciding factor was the pricing model, which is a bit unusual. They only charge you for "active" contacts, which are contacts you are actually reaching out to. You can import other contacts for reporting, data synchronization, or potential marketing purposes down the line if you wish, and you won't be charged for them. The support team at Act-On is great. During our evaluation, I received an email from the CEO himself, asking what he could do to help us choose. Throughout implementation, we had several calls and I was always provided what we needed quickly. Act-On does so many things, it would be impossible to cover here, but I like their email and landing page creator. I found it to be very intuitive. The user interface is showing some age, but it's very straightforward and there's not a lot of guessing about how to use it. Act-On is list based, which is the "old" methodology in the industry right now, but if you're a fan of that strategy, you'll feel right at home. Workflow creation is very easy. Data Studio (an add-on) also allows you to create custom reporting, and baked in integrations and an automated FTP connection allow you to get your data talking to each other automatically. The university has great educational information available too.

Cons

You'll get out of Act-On what you put into it. The support and university is there to guide you in that process, but it's ultimately up to you. That's how it is with any platform that doesn't offer in-house services, but with a marketing automation suite, you will really get more out of it if you have knowledgeable staff that have experience implementing and using these platforms. It can be daunting if it's your first time using a marketing automation suite. While Act-On is working on some new things, I don't know that they are putting as much effort behind investing into the product as some of the leading companies in the space. Also, some of the tools are a little rudimentary, and the UI could certainly use some modernizing. It feels too much like Windows XP at times.

Excellent Segmentation and Automation Tools

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Act-On is instrumental for meeting our company's revenue goals with email marketing campaigns.

Pros

Act-On gives me the ability to get extremely specific with my target prospects and customers. It's easy to build new segments and immediately see the size of those groups. It's very useful for data mining and determining where to focus your marketing efforts. For example, in just a couple of minutes (assuming you've done the work to collect the information from customers and store them properly in custom lists) you can create a segment of prospects who have downloaded or purchased x product from your website, meet criteria x,y,z for their attributes, have opened or clicked messages in a specific timeframe, and have visited a specific page of your website. You have the ability to get as granular as you want. You can then build automated programs that send targeted and timely messages depending on where these prospects are in your funnel and use conditional logic to define any future interactions.

Cons

The UI in some areas of the platform could use some design enhancements for aesthetics and for consistency throughout.

Response from Act-On Software

So great to hear that you're a fan of Act-On. Sounds like you're using it exactly as intended and seeing great results. That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing your review.

Rick J.

ActOn -- act on it!

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

ActOn allows me to get important professional messaging out to my target audience in a timely basis. I am impressed with their can-do customer support team. They always help me figure out a solution to building content. The software wear offers so much in terms of content marketing, form building and automated drip campaign functionality. The email content reporting and tracking is also very good.

Pros

I think you will find ActOn easy to use. I can quickly develop an email and define a target list and send as easily to 10 people or 100,000 people. I also like the reporting and graphs associated with a campaign. I also find the Form editor very valuable b/c I can quickly create a business need survey in a matter of minutes for my internal customers. The responses are easy to analyze b/c they are in spreadsheet form.

Cons

ActOn recently rolled out a new forms editor and they did not bring over the reporting URL feature from the Classic Form editor...this would make it easier for my internal customers to pull data vs having me pull the data for them.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Rick,
Thanks so much for posting your review!
We appreciate your candor and will share your feedback with the product team. They continually work to improve Act-On for customers like you.
All the best,

Robin D.

Act-On helps me stay organized and save time.

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

When Act-On is working smoothly, I am able to keep in contact with my prospects, to know what they are looking at and what interests them as well as to determine how I need to send communications to them. The insight that Act-On provides into the life of the leads is very helpful by allowing me to stay organized and save time.

Pros

With Act-On's Activity History, I am able to view a Timeline that helps to keep me organized so I know what I may still need to send and so that I have a good idea about whether or not my prospects are getting communications that they should. Sometimes, with email blasts emails may not get through an organization's spam filter, but using the Activity History and Timeline in Act-On and testing by sending things through Act-On Anywhere in Outlook help to determine who need to receive emails alternate ways.

Cons

Often times, maintenance and issues are not brought to our attention prior to us having issues with the software not working or causing issues with our campaigns. Having warnings in advance of when maintenance is being done or of possible known issues so that we can watch for them and be prepared would help a great deal.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Robin,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it. If you haven't already, I would encourage you to join the Act-On user Community. It's a great place to connect with fellow marketers, submit product enhancement and feature suggestions, as well as share best practices. https://community.act-on.com/ideation-home
Happy marketing!

Kelsey D.

If you take advantage of all of its features, you will succeed.

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

Pros

We chose Act-on as our marketing automation software because of its native integration with Salesforce, our CRM at the time.

We made the move from Marketo, and Act-on has a much easier user interface. There were so many things we could track and do.

We had great customer service, including weekly calls with a customer experience rep.

Cons

Like most marketing automation software, the key to success is learning all of the ins and outs of the system, then create a strategy surrounding it.

If you don't have someone on your team willing to take advantage of all of the features, the price might outweigh the benefit.

Our customer experience rep could have helped more in overall strategy and campaign building, but they were incredibly busy, too busy to go in depth on those items.

The team ended up moving to a simpler and cheaper product because they weren't taking advantage of everything Act-on had to offer.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Kelsey,
Thanks so much for posting your review. We're seeing a huge uptick in Credit Union customers as they're realizing what a game-changer marketing automation can be in their efforts to compete against big banks.

We hope you'll reconsider Act-On in the future when your team is ready to take its marketing to the next level. We've got awesome boot camp trainings that can get users up to speed quickly.

Good luck!

Scott S.

A Solid Marketing Automation Platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

We are a media publisher that used Act-On primarily for sending out marketing emails — about 20+ a month, supporting a white paper site, and hosting 2 webinars a month. Act-On made it super easy to set up and market webinars from the initial thought, through sending a copy of the webinar to attendees when done and every step along the way.

I've used about 4 different marketing automation platforms and I can tell you that Act-On was by far the easiest to send email campaigns in, from initial email creation to sending.

Pros

I liked that over the past four years I have worked with the product I have seen it grow leaps and bounds. They have a team that is dedicated to making smart improvements with the product.

Cons

Like all products this isn't perfect. I had the most problems with our sales rep kept changing. Also, once in a blue moon a feature would change without proper notification.

Response from Act-On Software

Great to hear your feedback, Scott! Thanks for sharing. Please be sure to check out the Act-On User Community as another great resource for Act-On customers. https://community.act-on.com/home

Act-On for small B2B business

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

We needed a platform to help us segment and reach customers across many varied products lines, and this has helped. Adding in customer service analytics and social media mindshare, and we are pleased with what Act-On provides.

Pros

Ease of use is first and foremost. To create, segment and automate emails of value that will reach our varied customer base is key for us. The social media aspect of Act-On is also a valued feature that not only allows us to plan when our content is shared but what content hits at the right time. We don't use the scoring as much as most companies probably do, but our dive into behavioral analytics through Act-On is yielding great results as well.

Cons

Main dislike: More personalization for our sales force to view how their customers are responding. Dashboard is fine, for sure, but we'd love a better way for them to witness the contacts happening.

Response from Act-On Software

Thanks for the great feedback. If you haven't already, check out the Act-On User Community for best practice sharing. You'll also find a recent on-demand webinar there about Act-On and Sales Enablement.

Cheers!

Bryan B.

Best Cost-Effective Marketing Automation Software

Reviewed on 2014/06/18

Our company has tried different Marketing vendors, and not every experience has been a pleasant one. This is why I can say with confidence that Act-On is the best Marketing Software that we have found. Not only do they deliver a great product, but the customer experience has been stellar from Day One. You can really feel they care about their customers and I especially love the fact that I am not treated like just a client number. It's always great to find a vendor that takes such great care of their clients.

Our Product Management and Marketing Teams are definitely #TeamActOn! One of the things that Act-On does better is their Salesforce integration which works both ways, meaning that no matter where the lead information originates, it will synchronize correctly as it should, which was not the case with other software we tried.

Act-On's out-of-the-box Webinar integration with GoToMeeting and WebEx simply works and there's no need to purchase or subscribe to additional "Apps" as was the case with other Marketing platforms.

We really appreciate their service--it has helped our Marketing Team be more efficient and take our Marketing campaigns to the next level. Did I mention that our Sales Team loves seeing who's visiting our website? They even have their own Act-On Tab in Salesforce with leads in their territory based on Act-On's lead scoring.

I feel that Act-On provides the best value from the marketing software that I've personally vetted. They recognize that sometimes you don't market to the same individuals all the time, which is why their pricing model is based on the number of active contacts you e-mail each month. Unlike other vendors, you are not locked into a 12-month or greater commitment contract. The contract is on a monthly basis and you can cancel at anytime--they truly earn our business on an ongoing basis.

If I had to change anything, I would probably request for greater reporting capabilities when it comes to integrating our Google AdWords campaign, but it looks like they plan on rolling out some improvements in that area soon. Overall, Act-On is a great service and we plan on being a customer for many years to come.

Ashley S.

Meeting goals and driving leads with Act-On

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Our overall experience has been great as we have been able to drive leads, gain marketing insights, and develop automated programs with easy to use templates we created.

Pros

Act-On offers automated program templates, all of which are completely customizable to meet our needs in driving leads in our marketing plan. The ease of use which is visually appealing with drag-and-drop, list segmenting, lead scoring options and integrations all work for our organization on both the user level and administrator level.

Cons

Pricing as this tool is at the higher end of some marketing resources. Also, the inability to schedule integrating segment runs at the earliest of four hours has caused issues with some of our marketing aspects.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Ashley,
Thank you for posting a review! We appreciate your feedback.
Cheers,

Very Solid Product for Very Little Money

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Our target markets have become much more complicated as we've grown, and ActOn allows us to segment our campaigns to send the right message to the right audience - by geography, vertical, etc.

Pros

Syncing with SFDC is awesome. Easy to use - novices can pick it up quickly. Reporting is quite good and easy to understand. Love the continuous product improvements that are made.

Cons

WYSIWYG can drive you crazy, especially with formatting and fonts and hyperlinks, making it tedious to get the look you want. Lately it has been very slow to load, especially photos/graphics.

Response from Act-On Software

Thanks for posting your review. I agree that it's easy to pick up and hit the ground running especially if you take advantage of the University, the User Community and the awesome Boot Camp trainings. Learn more on the Community here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Emma C.

Daily Act-On User

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

It is an excellent tool to use whilst prospecting and almost provided you with 'warm' leads, especially when they return to your website and look at product details etc.

Pros

The only feature I use is to see who has been on our website. You are able to see who has been on your website and what links they have clicked on. Works really well when sending out speculative mails. You are able to see who actually looks at your mails and who has a genuine interest when they click further into links.

Cons

On occasions you can see someone has been on the website, but can't track down who (as no IP address present) I understand this may be security measures their end and there is no way of ever knowing. I have real issues linking ActOn with my Outlook mail.

Response from Act-On Software

Thanks for the feedback, Emma!

Dynamics Compatible, Great Value

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

An unexpected benefit has been in the customer support department. Proactive email drips for recent purchasers helps that team provide great service consistently through scheduled email programs with tips and tutorials.

Pros

The Dynamics integration was a crucial part of my decision to adopt this software for my company. Ease of use is comparable to any other robust marketing automation tool. We've seen huge value in this purchase.

Cons

Unfortunately the software does not function well on iOS devices.

Response from Act-On Software

We love hearing your feedback. Thanks for sharing your review! Great to hear that you're benefitting from the new customer tutorials, tips and tricks. If you haven't already, please check out the Act-On User Community as another great resource for best practices and product suggestions. https://community.act-on.com/home

Josh G.

Great tool starting out but has some minor flaws

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/04/30

It's a great tool starting out but I think in the long-run you would need another option. If you're looking for a pretty simple, effective marketing automation platform that syncs with Salesforce easily and can do some pretty advanced things, this is a great option but may not be the best if you're looking to do advanced tactics.

Pros

- The simplicity of the interface and overall product
- Creating email programs is a nice drag and drop style
- Pretty advanced options in creating a program
- Salesforce sync is nice when building out lists. Being able to save syncing preferences is a great option that reduces time.
- Don't have to know HTML or CSS to use
- Nice Inbound section for SEO, paid ads, and website visits (if you're doing ABM you can see what companies are coming to your site).

Cons

- The platform for us is really slow. We have a lot of emails going out and it can really slow down the entire platform, which can be frustrating.
- Segmenting within a program not that great
- Adding multiple IF branches almost break the entire platform. Clicking on one segment to change can take 10 seconds to load the drop-down menu.
- The menu can get really confusing at times
- Knowledge-base is nonexistent. I can never find any resource from Act-On that helps with problems I encounter. I have to email or call them every time.
- Can't dive into reports (at least in my account). I can see an overall report but I can't dive into specific campaigns, lists or by time period.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Josh,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate your honest feedback and always strive to improve the product.
Thanks again,

Sarah H.

A great user friendly product.

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I have been using Act-On for two years and overall have had a great experience. The product itself, as well as the Customer Service team and any personnel we have encountered has always been top notch.

Pros

One of the best features Act-On possesses is its user friendly features. The site is extremely easy to navigate and provides a great way to learn the in's and out's of creating email campaigns, landing pages, forms, etc. without being stressful to use.

Cons

While I don't think this is a particularly negative area, it would be nice to have some different ways to create more custom templates within the program.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for the great feedback and for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it!
Cheers!
Sarah M.

Michael (mike) C.

Happy Journey from ZohoCRM/Act-On to Salesforce/Act-On

Reviewed on 2014/08/01
Review Source

A few years ago, after consulting and then joining a growing small business, the president and I threw out Microsoft's Business Contact Manager and brought up ZohoCRM integrated with GoogleApps/Mail. The combination was a 'right-size' approach at the time, for many months. But as the customer database grew, the reporting needs and interest in integrating marketing automation intensified, we knew we needed to augment or replace the use of Vertical Response for outbound. Surveying the segment, I found and researched Eloqua, Marketo, and Act-On. As we were staffing limited, time was valuable, complex solutions were of no interest. We went with Act-On and have never looked back.
The recent migration from moving from the ZohoCRM platform to Salesforce.com as the needs and demands grew has gone quite smoothly. I have seen the comments related to Salesforce by others and believe that for some who are not going to try to work towards automation, and for whom a solid Ecosystem of solutions from which to draw are not important, ZohoCRM can be an attractive solution.
But, if a minimal level of usage sophistication begins to be applied, integration with other systems like Lead Management/Marketing Automation is important (and at this point, it should be for nearly any business with revenues over a few hundred $K a year) the Salesforce/Act-On combination has been killer-good,

Pros

Act-On is FAST to get running, whether using alone, or in conjunction with another platform like Salesforce. Answers, insight, follow up automation are all easily obtainable quickly without being sent to a week-long training seminar for $1500.

Cons

Act-On is still building out some capabilities that other players like Eloqua have had. But if you're just starting out, you're not likely to need those features for some time as you get your feet under you. A/O is best for small to mid-size firms.

Abbie D.

Buyer Beware!! Not a sophisticated system in the least

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

The worst. Beware - do NOT fall for this "automation" system. Go with something that actually supports the workflow of marketers in 2018.

Pros

Absolutely nothing. I came from using Pardot at my previous company and then was stuck with this poor excuse for an automation system for two years. Luckily we're in the process of switching back to Pardot at the moment.

Cons

Pricing Model Not Built to Scale: They think that the "pay for contacts" pricing model is a pro, but it is not! For any marketer with a growing database this is a pure nightmare given that they are basically unresponsive when you need to add more contacts. We are actually currently in a situation where we can't get ANYONE to respond to help us add more contacts, which means that I cannot execute on a very large campaign that we were set to launch yesterday.

Customer Service: As mentioned above, good luck getting anybody to actually call you back or fix your issues. If you have any level of sophistication in your marketing programs and automation, it's just a matter of when you're going to run into issues with Act-On, and half the time, they don't even know why the system doesn't work. I just got a call back a few days ago about a support ticket I submitted in JULY (it's October 18 right now).

Product: Act-On does not have a contacts database. So if you need to look up a contact and see every list that they are on, every automation program they are in, or to manage their subscriptions or lists, you cannot. That's right - there is no way to globally search for a contact in Act-On. This is absurd. There is no way that you can call yourself an automation system in 2018 and not have this most basic of capabilities.

0.0/10
Grace L.

Budget-friendly marketing automation that does what we need

Reviewed on 2018/03/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We've worked with Act-on for more than three years and have appreciated what it accomplishes for us. Customer service has always been responsive, as well. If you can't necessarily affort one of the major players in the market, Act-on is a great alternative.

Pros

The automated programs make staying in touch with customers and prospects very easy. You can set up quite complicated programs that incorporate not only emails to the target audience but that also notify internal staff and other functions.

Cons

It's not as complete as some other systems. For instance, the website info you can get is not super detailed or useful. As well, connecting with a CRM that isn't already integrated is not a simple task.

Abby S.

Act-On Worth The Marketing Dollars

Reviewed on 2017/10/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Act-On is one of the best values for what you get in regards to marketing automation systems. It is worth the cost.

Pros

Act-On is an easy to use marketing automation platform. I've used Marketo in the past, and Act-On was much simpler and user friendly. Over the last 2 to 3 years they've enhanced the look and feel of the product only for the better. But perhaps the portion of Act-On that I like the most is the support. They offer top tier support. It actually might be some of the best support I've had for a SaaS offering.

Cons

I do wish they had a few more options around landing pages. Unfortunately, HubSpot blows them out of the water on this feature.

Faisal K.

The Best Marketing Automation Tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Highly recommended, this is the second company in which i have worked for and implemented Act-On. This is my go to marketing automation tool.

Pros

I have used and reviewed many tools, but i will say Act-On is my favorite. Easy to use, and the best customer service of any of it's competitors.

Cons

The email builder works great but does not live up to my requirements. I wish you could get more advanced with designs.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Faisal,
Thanks so much for posting your review. We are thrilled that you are happy and having a positive experience with Act-On.

I would encourage you to check out the Act-On user community at https://community.act-on.com/ It's a great place to share your product requests and suggestions and learn from other marketers.

Dave J.

ACT-ON customer service is fading fast

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/07

I was looking for an email tool that integrates with MS CRM and this product fits the bill. It allows you to drip campaigns, which is nice (albeit not intuitively). Just make sure you give yourself ample time for their assistance.

Pros

In the landscape of marketing automation systems, ACT-ON is not the most powerful solution, but it is not the most expensive. It works quite well for our needs.

Cons

I generally don't need a lot of support, but if I can't find a solution on their knowledge base, I have no choice but to call them directly. Ever since ACT-ON closed one of there offices a few months ago, it has been taking me an hour to get through on their support line. I had someone email in June and said they would get back to me very soon. After 6 weeks, I emailed them back and then received a response.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Dave,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry that you experienced delays in your support during the transition. I am happy to report that our support team is now fully staffed and ready to help!

Another great resource I'd encourage you to check out is the Act-On User Community at https://community.act-on.com/home. It's a great place to exchange best practices, get tips and tricks and learn from other users and Act-On experts.

Thanks again,

Layne L.

This is really a marketing tool that has build some features for salespeople

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

I like that it will track my emails and log them to our CRM (Microsoft Dynamics). I like that I can get a daily email letting me know of known and anonymous visitors to our website.

Cons

It's clunky to try and track down a specific email to see if the recipient has interacted with it. This is really a tool that is more valuable to marketing, but has built some features that are being sold as a sales tool. It's a nice to have, but not a need for sales.

Response from Act-On Software

Hi Layne,
Thanks for posting your review of Act-On. We value your feedback and really appreciate your candor.
If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check out the Act-On User Community at https://community.act-on.com/home
It's a great place to share feedback and product suggestions with the Product team and exchange best practices with fellow users.
Thanks!