• Industry: Utilities

GoCodes Asset Management Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

My Overall experience has been good using GoCodes.
I find it does help me with my day to day jobs.

Pros

Simple Set up.
Easy to use.
Doesn't take up to much phone space.

Cons

Software can be slow at times.

I have found nothing else which has been a problem for me.

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for the review. We are concerned about your comment regarding the response time. We implemented a major system upgrade in Q4 2018 and that should result in sub second response times for many requests. Can you share the specifics with our support team and they will get this resolved [email protected]

Karen E.

Track and Protect

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We check out alot of equipment and GoCodes has been a lifesaver in tracking and marking our stock against theft and loss. Highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use. Very thorough instruction and customer service on initial roll-out.

Cons

The initial rollout is a bit awkward and you really do need team as you recommend to get your arms around all the pieces.

Jason C.

Asset tracking with great software!

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

From the beginning we were just looking for a way to find out where our equipment was. We got in touch with GoCodes and from day one they offered us a demo and over 200 stickers! We started the process of adhering the easy to install GoCodes stickers, and installed the mobile app. Since then we have added over 1000 additional stickers. We would highly recommend this system to anyone who is looking for asset tracking or inventory management.

Pros

The detailed information options that can be added to every asset.

Cons

Couple of bugs that need to be worked out with the mobile app. When you do a multiple scan. and then go back to a single it polls the previous multiple.

Leonard F.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Go Codes

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Pros

I like the low inventory alert that I receive when my inventory is low this is a game changer and the overall ease of use !!

Cons

I liked everything about the software there is nothing I didn’t like. It solved 98% of our inventory challenges.

Response from GoCodes

Wow, thanks for sharing such a great review.

Simple Value Add

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

We use GoCodes to track and manage our small and medium sized tools and equipment. We experience alot of turnover with tools and employees, so we were happy to find GoCodes is easy to use.

Pros

1) Very easy to use and teach others to use.
2) Does not have all of the extra features the large vendors make you pay for even when your not using them.
3) Being able to use on a PC and Phone are important.

Cons

1) Reports are very basic. You can get more info by dumping to excel, but that is tedious.
2) Standard description/item names would be useful, especially with multiple users adding similar items.
3) Better PC and Phone interface.

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for reviewing GoCodes. I'm glad you find our solution provides great value and is easy to use.

Did you know you can upgrade to our Professional Reporting tool if you need more reports, charts and dashboards which you can design and save as needed. Also the main grid view allows you to design and download reports in multiple formats including pdf, word.

Katie D.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Worth the money

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We are still in the process of getting our stickers on everything but it makes so easy when employees are taking equipment out and just sending us the sticker code so we can update the location. It is also very easy to view all the equipment at certain jobs.

Pros

It is very easy to use and all the needed sections (i.e. description, serial number, last service date and notes, etc.)

Scott L.
  • Industry: Automotive

Forklift Asset Management

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

I appreciate the courteous customer service I received while researching and implementing this software. The rep was a huge help with answering my many questions.

Pros

I like the ability to track our rental assets once they leave our property.

Cons

The accuracy on Google Maps of our assets is a little sketchy. Some items show to be exactly where they're physically located but others show to be off by several hundred yards.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Scott, thanks for taking the time from your day to review GoCodes. You mentioned the GPS tracking accuracy and that is something where the results can vary based on many factors. If you can provide some specific examples we would be happy to investigate.

Mia R.

Furniture coding

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

No live chat available other than FAQ. Support is only offered by your rep so you’re at the mercy of their availability

Pros

Inventory photos offered
Scannable from phone app

Cons

Expensive. Not enough codes for the money paid

Response from GoCodes

Hello Mia, thanks for reviewing GoCodes.

We do our best to be the most competitive solution in the industry and clearly need to do more to meet your expectations.

Most customers fin that the fastest way to get answers to support questions is through our easy-to-use Knowledge Base.

Diane L.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Go Codes are SO Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

We used Go Codes to identify equipment details for new purchases.

Pros

I liked that it was simple and quick. There was not a large learning curve by any means.

Cons

I would like to have a printout of the codes all on one list and it might be available now but was not when I originally used it.

Response from GoCodes

Awesome to hear that you find GoCodes SO easy to use. that's our goal. Yes you can print out all the codes or a smaller list now.

Natalie P.

easy, fast, efficient

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

asset tracking. Keeping track of warranties, maintenance, etc.

Pros

I like that it is so easy to use. Easy to have others use the scan function on phones, etc. Easy to use app function, easy to download. Report functions are helpful for sending product information to other vendors for licensing, etc.

Cons

I wish I could add more people to the admin list to be able to scan in/out. I sign people up to be able to scan in/out for me, but have to keep track on who is current and who may not need their usage right now.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

GoCodes is highly functional but it could improve in a lot of ways

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

I like GoCodes but i think it can be improved it many ways

Pros

I haven't had any functionality issues with it yet which means it very reliable.

Cons

The user interface could be better
IT doesnt have an audit trail feature

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and appreciate the reliability of our total solution.

You mentioned the Audit Trial feature as missing which is incorrect. All transactions in GoCodes are logged in detail and cane be used in reporting. The History log for each asset can be viewed in the Asset Detail menu or in the Reports Menu area.

Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact [email protected]

Curt S.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Missing the one element that I need the most

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

I want to be able to check tools in and out from a remote location where there is no cell service. I want the program to allow me to use my cell phone.

Pros

I can check my equipment in and out easily

Cons

I cannot do an inventory or check tools in and out from a remote location where there is no cell service. I cannot even do that, store it on my handheld and then download it to my computer later.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Curt, thanks for providing your feedback. You're correct that our software requires an Internet connection to operate and so cannot be used off-the-grid. We have looked into adding this feature but it's more complex than you may assume and the demand is limited at this time. I hope you find something that will work for you.

Brenda F.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

NOT REALLY REAL TIME GPS TRACKING

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

They kindly refunded my membership, and were easy to work with. I have high hopes that they will develop a real live time GPS tracking system like this, it would be changing the construction world as we know it.

Pros

Like the concept of the easy to use phone app tracking system.

Cons

The quality of stickers was not good, and I ordered the highest rated. I asked several times if the GPS tracking could be used on tracking tools for a construction company, and was mislead to believe real time tracking was possible. After purchasing, implementing it on multiple tools and data entered in tracking system, learned it does not work unless you literally check each tool in on every job site, every move. Since we operate out of a shop and tools go to several job sites, this would never work.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Brenda, your review is not fair or representative of our service. It's incorrect to state that you were told our solution provided real-time GPS tracking and that's something we never tell customers. In addition, you were provided a free 30 trial and support through your evaluation and while you tried our service out you failed fully test or understand this feature which was critical to your purchase decision.

On the topic of the labels, we explained that there was an option to upgrade to a tougher material but you choose the poly labels which are not as tough.

While our policy is not to provide refunds, we provided a full refund of your purchase.

John H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

IOS updates.

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

It is easy to use. I like how there are iOS apps

Cons

This company hasn’t updated their software so it hasn’t been optimized for the iPhone that came out two years ago. Let alone the iPhone X. It makes it unusable for my team.

Response from GoCodes

Hello John, thanks for taking the time to review our service. I'm glad that you find GoCodes easy to uese.

Can you please tell us what specifically does not work correctly with an iPhone X? We have many other customers using all different Apple devices and so need help to track your issue down. You can email support at [email protected]

Milos J.

Logistics Coordinator

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

I have been using Gocodes system more than six months and I am very satisfied. It has all we need for the rental sector we operate. It is a fully customizable tool for tracking our assets since we set our group of products, so it could be used in other area. This web based tool allows us additional functionalities such as tracking asset location (through Google maps) and leaving the messages for every single asset while it`s in scaning process. Gocodes allows users to define their assets as they want. Platform is fast responsive and I would emphasize advanced search bar which is very useful. In summary Gocodes is very good system. Highly recommended! Sincerely, Milos Jelkic MSc transport engineer

Yvette G.

We really love this it is everything we need for keeping track of our equipment.

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Pros

It is very simple to work. I like how easy it is to operate. I love having the stickers. We are really happy with it.

Cons

When you get to the bottom sometimes it won't let you see what you are typing. I don't like that you make me write more than I want to.

Response from GoCodes

Hi Yvette, thanks for the review. Can you let us know what you mean about your last comment?

Todd W.

Relatively easy to use and reliable with good features

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

We have not only been able to use this to track our assets but also have used it for outbound container loading and building manifests for shipping using the configuration tools and reporting

Pros

Configuration of screen and ability to choose relevant fields. User configurable fields are very helpful. Mobile app has good scanning ability and multiple scanning updates are very good

Cons

Would like the ability to reprint qr codes on demand, have an option to scan the asset assignment in as opposed to keying it
Would like assign multiple asset id's to one asset id
Mobile app is clunky to key in data

Kristofer T.

Best in Class - Great Value

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Pros

The ease of set up. The company prints and sends the labels for you all within a couple of emails. It was very quick and easy to get going and the product is so helpful and simple.

Cons

Honestly, I did not find much to dislike. It does exactly what I want and with ease. If anything, the app seems a little outdated, but it still works just fine. I only wish the app allowed you to edit assets.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Kristofer, thanks for your review. I wanted to let you know that you can use our mobile apps to view and edit asset information. If you need help with this please email or call our support team at [email protected]

Wendy S.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

GoCodes is almost what we need

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

It’s been a good start to having a better handle on our depletion of inventory. We have 4 staff that are always in the field and at events, so it’s been helpful for everyone to participate in keeping track of items we give away, but when we realized we still have to do the math, we were bummed.

Pros

We love the scanning features. We have had better success in not running out of items at key times.

Cons

We need depletion for inventory software. GoCodes was a good first step, but if I have 1,000 pens and take out 218, I have to do the math and put 782 into the current inventory. I want GoCodes to do the math for me, and save me time.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Wendy, thanks for the review. I wanted to let you know that we released an inventory quantity tracking feature that does exactly what you asked for here. Just try turning on Inventory in Settings and add a quantity to an item.

Jerry G.

GoCodes

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

We are much more organized now having all our assets tagged and managed.

Pros

Simple to use not overly complicated. It's nice having the camera integration to scan the QR codes.

Cons

The ios version of the software needs an update. It could use more built in drop

Response from GoCodes

Hello Matt, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Sounds like you would like some changes to the drop down fields? Please let us know what field you would like added and we can review your request.

Bill H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Customer Service was very helpful and I found GoCodes to be the best value

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Still in the process of entering inventory. Looking forward to being able to annually review the location of all assets.

Pros

Its value. Compared to the other furniture inventory systems that I reviewed, GoCodes offered almost everything I needed for an affordable price.

Cons

It is a little difficult to input data in the beginning. Getting the inventory set up could be made a little easier.

Response from GoCodes

Hi Bill,

Appreciate the feedback. Did you know we have an Excel data migration import service which may help with getting your account setup?

Just contact our sales team if you want to learn more about it?

Nigel T.

Not quite enough polish - Android

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Hi the interface on Android is poor, and the gps acquisition is not working as expected. The non definable fields are also not really that suitable for us, and the basic web app is clunky as well. I know there is a full premium backend option but the value is not there for us. Also the date and time needs location specific options, ie we cannot set the system to show the time in +12GMT for example, and the date format is problem for us too, we us DD-MM-YYYY in NZ not MM-DD-YYYY even the option to use system standard YYYY-MM-DD would be an improvement for us.

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for the feedback.
We have upgraded the Android app and fixed the GPS tracking issue. You will find it's now much faster and easier to use. We have also added a user time zone feature so you can view your data in your local timezone.

Eynat E.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Gets the job done at a fair price

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Pros

It is very user friendly making it easy to check things in and out, with minimal lag time.

Cons

I hate that you can only create one database. Having the option to create more than 1 would go a long way in improving it.

Response from GoCodes

Good feedback on our service. I will forward the request to be able to add multiple different databases to the product team for consideration. It's a great idea.

Rick H.

Go codes

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

So far works wonderful

Pros

Can track and find where equipment is and let dispatch know where it is for quick transfer to another job site

Cons

It’s takes a bit to get used too but in the end it’s a good tool for the job sites

Response from GoCodes

Great feedback, thanks for the review. We are always looking for ways to make our software the most easy to use asset tracking solution.

Sanket R.

very good software. easy to store and review the information

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

Pros

the software enables gps tracking of the gocodes which helps in finding the exact location of the devices

Cons

the gui is not that user friendly and it is difficult for a new user to completely exploit the software to its potential.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Sanket, thanks for sharing your opinion on GoCodes. Would you be willing share more details on how we can improve the UI?