GoCodes

No more lost and stolen tools.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Great software desicion I made

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Ease of managing day to day assets

Ease of managing day to day assets

Pros

I liked the ease of use and the functionality of the software
When I use it I feel confident to bring my clients what they need

Cons

Took a minute to get used to it but not too long to get the hang of
Now I wouldn’t use anything else

Response from GoCodes

'Now I wouldn't use anything else' that's great feedback. Thanks.

Jordan
  • Industry: Furniture

GoCodes for Commercial Furniture

Reviewed on 2022/07/21

Fantastic product and very responsive customer service and support. The team at GoCodes made it very simple to set up and provided plenty of support during the onboarding process.

Pros

GoCodes has been a great addition to our toolset. We utilise it to manage our sample and trial stock across multiple storage facilities and client sites. Our Sales team use it for issuing and tracking samples, retrieving quick information on products and locating samples in storage. Our Operations team use it for stocktaking and depreciation. Its great having a single source of truth which can be updated and accessed by all our mobile phones. We can now ensure we don't have lost samples and saved time in our stocktakes.

Cons

One pain point which isn't a fault of the software is that our storage facilities have poor mobile reception, which means that when we stocktake we take photos of the barcodes and scan them later once we have reception again. It would be great if the app could cache the scanned barcodes then update them once the app goes back online.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Jordan, thank you for the great review, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. You suggestion to cache scans when their is not network available has been forwarded to the development team for review. We also have an option where you can use a Satellite Internet connection which will work from almost anywhere.

Simple Value Add

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

We use GoCodes to track and manage our small and medium sized tools and equipment. We experience alot of turnover with tools and employees, so we were happy to find GoCodes is easy to use.

Pros

1) Very easy to use and teach others to use.
2) Does not have all of the extra features the large vendors make you pay for even when your not using them.
3) Being able to use on a PC and Phone are important.

Cons

1) Reports are very basic. You can get more info by dumping to excel, but that is tedious.
2) Standard description/item names would be useful, especially with multiple users adding similar items.
3) Better PC and Phone interface.

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for reviewing GoCodes. I'm glad you find our solution provides great value and is easy to use.

Did you know you can upgrade to our Professional Reporting tool if you need more reports, charts and dashboards which you can design and save as needed. Also the main grid view allows you to design and download reports in multiple formats including pdf, word.

Melissa

Great Program for Organizing Inventory

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

We are greatly satisfied with using GoCodes at the ALS Association St. Louis Regional Chapter. While it is time consuming to scan and enter everything on the front end, it makes it so easy to keep track of who has what piece of equipment and what is available to our patients. The app is user friendly and makes the process of checking in/out so easy while on the road.

Pros

This is an easy to use program that allows me to inventory all of our assistive technology and durable medical equipment that we loan out to patients. The app allows us to check in/out on the go and with ease. I can easily run a search to see how many of each type of device we have and what is available to loan out.

Cons

I wish there were more features in the reports that can be ran (ie how long a piece of equipment has been out).

Response from GoCodes

Hello Melissa, thank you for taking the time to share your positive review of GoCodes. I'm pleased to hear that we're helping you track and manage your loaned DME equipment.

You mention wanting a report that shows how long a piece of equipment has been checked out. Did you know you can get that information from the Asset Assignment report or via the Enterprise Reporting feature were we can show how long each item has been checked out, measure utilization and more.

Sam

Excellent inventory system

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

We needed to keep track of teaching resources that were being distributed across 13 communities. This tool was very helpful in keeping track of exactly what was allocated to each location, and thus helpful later on when we double checked the inventory and then did some reallocation. Rather than going through a list of items and checking each one off as you find it, we could simply scan everything , modify a field (status or notes), and then filter on the website to see if anything was missed. Super simple and it saved a lot of time.

Pros

• The app. Its simple and yet does everything I want. I can easily do inventory in bulk and update everything at once. Changing only one field will make sure everything else stays the same

• The website filters. As long as your assets are properly named and consistent, the filters on the website make it super simple to filter exactly what you want.

Cons

• The website. It has definitely improved with the recent update that keeps your field settings between logins. What I'd like to see though (and maybe I'm just missing something) is a way to bulk update asset info on the website. The quickest method is to have the website open, filter for what I want, and then go down the left side and click on the QR code icon next to each line while my phone is pointing at the screen to capture it. While its a decent work around, it would be nice to just select a bunch of items and update them, all from within the website.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Sam, thanks for the positive review. You make a good suggestion regarding making multiple updates at once and we will look to implement a more efficient approach in our next upgrade cycle.

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Meets Expectations

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

For what we pay, and as a bare minimum of our needs it meets the bar. While there is certainly room for improvement, it is still a valuable resource and database that was created with a good amount of thought and effort.

Pros

When it comes to meeting expectation for creating a database for physical assets, GoCodes does an excellent job at that. The app is very easy to use, it makes it easy in check things in/out as well adding photos and creating fields. There's minimal lag time between holding a camera over the code and it recognizing and reading it. The sites search functionality works great as well, I'm able to search and it will find those keywords within any of the fields available for an asset. This makes it easier to use a secondary way to reference an asset

Cons

A bit archaic. The site could definitely use a facelift that aligns more with 2018/19. It would be nice to create secondary databases, for example where I can just search once specific type of asset and see if something is checked in or not. It would also be nice to be able to create customizable views and dashboards that I can share internally with other departments who may be affected by the status of a specific asset

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for the review and detailed feedback. You will be pleased to hear that GoCodes 2.0 is coming in Q1 2019 and will be a complete modern overhaul of the web based UI and user experience.

• Industry: Utilities

GoCodes Asset Management Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

My Overall experience has been good using GoCodes.
I find it does help me with my day to day jobs.

My Overall experience has been good using GoCodes.
I find it does help me with my day to day jobs.

Pros

Simple Set up.
Easy to use.
Doesn't take up to much phone space.

Cons

Software can be slow at times.

I have found nothing else which has been a problem for me.

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for the review. We are concerned about your comment regarding the response time. We implemented a major system upgrade in Q4 2018 and that should result in sub second response times for many requests. Can you share the specifics with our support team and they will get this resolved [email protected]

Jonathan
Jonathan

Practical use needing user experience work

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Enjoying it and especially since we can have people download it without worrying about keeping track of scanners.

Pros

The nice thing is that we can bulk describe and allocate units. On the phone makes it easy on the go for a large non profit like us.

Cons

Prone to crashes especially when working through multiple units and details.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Jonathan, thanks for the review. We are working on a new release of the iPhone app that will address the issue that can occur sometimes with updating multiple assets at once. If you have any specifics to share that would be great. [email protected]

Chris
Chris
  • Industry: Warehousing

Simple and worth every penny

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Our Rentals department was able to go paperless for their drivers and we were able to add E-sign software which the drivers love as they only need their tablets for deliveries and picks up and the office receives the paper work almost instantly.

Pros

I love the ease of use to set up and the support i received. I am the only IT person for my company and it was hard for me to stay focused on this project very long as more critical things were going on. The support team gave us a product package that fit my company and gave us some time to get testing it fully and we liked what we saw.

Response from GoCodes

Great to hear GoCodes is working so well for you! Thanks for the feedback.

• Used for 2+ years

Simple Asset Management

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

It has been helpful to us mostly in tracking computers, both desktop towers and laptops, among other common relatively valuable assets.

Pros

It is easy to apply and create a system to track multiple assets.

Cons

Some bit of complexity in initial setup and organizing the numbers/assets.

Response from GoCodes

Hello, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We appreciate your feedback.

Joshua

Tools and Safety Equipment Inventory

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Amazing! We will continue to use Go Codes for all of our inventory, and fleet, needs. It has saved us so much time looking for tools and shortages. And time is money!

Pros

Go Codes is extremely User Friendly. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computers and/or smart phones can easily learn how to utilize the entire system in just a couple of hours. The features of this product are simple enough that I can easily manipulate menus, change information, update photos and change descriptions. we have used it for all of our tools, safety equipment and Fleet Vehicles.

Cons

The only feature I wish I had, is the ability to create "kits". For example; if we issue a tool kit to a carpenter, we have to add each tool to Go Codes and then add a key word that will allow us to easily find each tool for that particular kit, without having to spend a lot of time searching.

Adding a "kit" feature will allow us to add entire kits, with an attached inventory sheet listing each tool in that particular kit. So, if one carpenter is issued "Kit 1", all I have to do is search "Kit 1" and each tool will populate under that one kit.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Joshua, thanks for the great review. We're glad your seeing the benefits of using GoCodes to track and manage your tools and equipment.

Brandon

GoCodes review

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

It’s okay. Something’s could be better.

It’s okay. Something’s could be better.

Pros

That I the administrator or any employee user can look on the app and see where a item is rather than calling me asking where it is and me spending time finding out where it is and telling them.

Cons

That when someone is checking out a item with GoCodes it sends me a notification for me to check it out rather than automatically checking it out and just giving me a notification that it has been checked out.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Brandon, thank you for taking the time to review GoCodes. Glad to hear it's saving you and your team time locating tools and equipment at different job sites.

It sounds like you are asking your team to public scan the barcode and send message to check out an item. If they have a login and login first, they will be able to complete their own check outs. Hope that helps. If not please feel free to call, email or chat with our support team.

Karen

Protect your assets by tracking

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Very good. Very thorough. It’s a great til to help you keep track of the so many parts of a world of assets.

Pros

Ease of set up and support. We misunderstood a few things at the beginning but support was so helpful in helping us. Great customer service.

Cons

For our purposes we needed some additional equipment to erect it’s use. But we operated fine manually with this until we set up an electronic process.

Response from GoCodes

Hi Karen, thanks for your review.. We were a bit confused about your overall rating vs. likelihood to recommend? If you can explain further we would be pleased to assist you.

Franklin

Great inventory system for static assets

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

This has helped our business so much with keeping track of equipment and so many other assets. We go code our lock boxes, ladders, vacuums and almost anything we don’t want to lose. The GPS feature is so helpful.

Pros

The ease of putting a sticker in the asset. The ease of scanning the asset. The ability to scan multiple assets

Cons

The scanner doesn’t always work. Having to manually put in all of the info for each asset into the system

Response from GoCodes

Hello Franklin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Sorry to hear you have had an issue with the scanner. We would love to hear more about how that happened so we can track it down and fix the issue.

Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact [email protected]

Jackie

GoCodes Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

IWe have had a good experience with GoCodes, it seems very easy to use from both the mobile and web platforms.

Pros

I like the ability to print our asset list by location so we can always have our foreman verify the assets on their job.

Cons

I think there are too many options to list for each asset, it should be kept more simple.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Jackie, thanks for the great feedback. I wanted to let you know that you can remove the asset options by hiding unused datafields. Let us know if you need assistance with setting that up.

Frank

GO CODES almost there

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Overall, Go Codes is a much better system then our homemade inventory practices

Overall, Go Codes is a much better system then our homemade inventory practices

Pros

We needed an easier way to track our inventory and GO Codes works great in that way. With the ability to scan tags and to add custom fields, Go Codes is a great value.

Cons

Being a school district we often have large quantities of equipment arriving at once. It's a little clumsy to maneuver while scanning large numbers of devices. I have a great vendor who sends me a list of serial numbers and inventory numbers so we can just add them without scanning. I would LOVE to be able to import all these but it can only be done by Go Codes doing it for a $$$. This is a major deal for me. Adding the ability for customers to upload into the system is a must for me.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Frank, thanks for your review. Our product team is looking at ways to make it easier and safer for customers to upload bulk data. To date we have provided this as a service as small user errors can easily result in data corruption and loss.

Dale
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Review by Dale

Reviewed on 2022/07/21

Pros

Helps me keep track of my assets and makes my job easier

Cons

It takes time to load if your in a bacement

Response from GoCodes

Hello Dale, thank you for sharing your feedback that GoCodes helps make your job easier. If you have a poor network connection in your basement you may want to consider a wifi extender or similar to improve the network connection.

Kelly
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great Tool to have

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

we have yet to lose any equipment with GoCodes, the reporting is very easy, just overall a great piece to add to your company's arsenal..

Pros

the ease of usage, very user friendly and customization was what I think the selling point for us.

Cons

so far I have not found any part that I do not like

Response from GoCodes

Glad to hear that you think GoCodes is a great tool to have, and that you specifically like the ease of use and customization features.

Karen

Track and Protect

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We check out alot of equipment and GoCodes has been a lifesaver in tracking and marking our stock against theft and loss. Highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use. Very thorough instruction and customer service on initial roll-out.

Cons

The initial rollout is a bit awkward and you really do need team as you recommend to get your arms around all the pieces.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Facilities Services

This has helped us to track inventory, however, it could be much better.

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

The set up takes a long time. It would be so nice if there was a way to duplicate some of the text from one product to the next. And our drivers have struggled to try to use this because when they check and item in or out we ask them to add a customer name and address if it isn't already there. Not sure how this could be made easier unless there was a way to sync to Jobber which is the software that we use for all of our clients.

Pros

It is helping us to track our inventory. The QR codes make this much easier for us.

Cons

That we can only upload one picture per product. We would prefer at least four pics per product so that we are able to see all features.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Rebecca, thanks for taking the time to provide a review. You mentioned needing a way to duplicate text from one asset to another. Did you know you can select and update multiple items by using the CTRL key or using the Update All option in the mobile app? If you need assistance just chat/email or call and we can help you.

Brendan

Simple and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

We are using GoCodes to manage the task of tracking who has a piece of equipment, who had it before them, and what worksite or office is it supposed to be at.

Pros

The phone app makes it easily accessible where ever you are and doesn't require purchase of hand held scanners. The web poral is very easy to use and should be intuitive for anyone born past 1980.

Cons

It doesn't deal with special characters well. Example: Entering Microsoft Surface Pro 7+ as a model type often ends up with it dropping the + after saving the entry. This leads to inaccurate information being saved unless you go back and correct it until it takes.

Response from GoCodes

Thank you for taking the time to review GoCodes. Glad you like the web app and portal and find it easy to use.

We will investigate your comment about entering special characters text.

Eugene
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 2021/05/20

Over all we love the experience and will continue to keep using it.

Over all we love the experience and will continue to keep using it.

Pros

We currently just use GoCodes for the asset tracking

Cons

The phone app is a bit lacking. It doesnt show everything we need at a glance.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Eugene, Wow 10 of 10! Thanks for the great review! On the mobile app, did you know you can setup a custom summary view of your asset information? You can access this feature from the settings.

Michelle

Sticker Issue

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

It is a good way to track tools and things like iPhones, iPads, and other devices.

Cons

Only issue I've had is stickers sent to us that we already have in our system and assigned to an item already. This is very frustrating when in a hurry.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Michelle, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We're sorry to hear that you have had an issue with assets already being assigned. The only way that can happen is if another user did the change. You can look that up in the history log and work from there to see how it's happening. If you need additional assistance, please contact out support team at [email protected].

lori

Easy System To Navigate

Reviewed on 2022/07/29

Pros

it is easy to track inventory and love that you have pictures available to show product

Cons

i can't think of any cons at this time, we have been using for 6 months and it is working great so far

Response from GoCodes

Great to hear you rate us a 10 out of 10 and can't think of any negatives.

Mae

GoCodes, inventory tracking done right!

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

It was a nightmare tracking all users IT equipment and our spreadsheets growing at alarming rate when COVID hit and everyone started working remotely.
Although started out for IT inventory tracking, now we track other company property like office furniture.
We can create and edit fields to whatever we need them to be.

Pros

Piece of cake to set up. Phone app works really well with the included bar codes.
Like that ordinary users can scan the code and send admins a message stating they have the product.

Cons

Although it tracks GPS data, it's not really GPS tracking. Wherever the last scan was taken is the GPS location. So if you move to another location, it does not update.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Mae, thanks for the great review. Awesome to hear you think GoCodes is 'inventory tracking done right!'.