ClockIn Portal Reviews

ClockIn Portal

Cloud Based Time and Attendance

4.6/5 (48 reviews)
Anna M.

Best choice--and i looked at a lot of software options

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

makes tracking employee hours so easy. It's accurate, reliable, and affordable.

Pros

I use this on a farm and I can tabulate hours and write paychecks without having to leave the office and track down paper logins. The reports are great for reviewing seasonal hours and projecting employee budgets for the upcoming season or preparing taxes at year end. When I'm out of town, I can make sure that employees are on the job at the time we agreed upon because I can see their log in remotely. Also, I like restricting log ins to a single device (on-farm tablet) so I can be sure the clock in and clock outs are occurring in real time at the farm and not on the drive home, etc.

Cons

Not a major complaint, but the dashboard is not as intuitive as it could be. I have to fish around to remember how to find all shifts. Also, maybe a personal device issue or internet connection issue, but we have a few missed logins per month. And I don't mean employees forget to log in--but it's just not recorded on one or the other end of the day. Sometimes they end up with 23 hours of work in a day :) I can spot that and correct it easily though.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Anna,

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad that you're able to use ClockIn Portal for your business needs and we're happy to hear you're taking advantage of it's useful features. Our product is cloud-based, so it does require an internet connection for proper functionality, but please do not hesitate to contact us if you experience any ongoing issues. We're always happy to help.

Helmy E.

Simple time sheet app that allows my employees to track their work hours.

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Pros

ClockIn Portal gives my employees mobile apps to track their work hours on the road without needing access to their PC, it also gives them the ability to report their mileage.

My HR manager is able to generate the payroll reports she needs to input into our payroll system. ClockIn Portal gives us a web-based app that allows us to view a list of all users and to easily manage the entire process of edit requests and time sheets all online.

My employees are able to clock in from their their web browser or smart phone and tracking all of their work hours has been a breeze. Definitely recommend this product if you are looking for a simple way for your employees to track their work hours.

Response from Certifix

Hi Helmy,

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that your employees are having such an easy time tracking their hours worked. Our goal is to keep it simple and intuitive, while providing the features you need for time tracking. We hope your business continues to excel with help from ClockIn Portal for years to come.

Tracie J.

Employee tracking for payroll purposes is simplified using clocking portal

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

ease of tracking employee time for payroll purposes.

Pros

I like that employee information can be added on a limited basis including wages and address information, it is important to me that overtime can also be calculated automatically.

Cons

The limited availability of options and the difficulty in adjusting time cards for missed clock in or out and lunches for employees. Often forgets when we have clocked in or out causing the need for adjustments .

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Tracie,

Thanks for your review; we are glad to hear that ClockIn Portal makes your job easier! ClockIn Portal is cloud-based, so it requires an internet connection for proper functionality. We've made shift editing easy so that employees can adjust hours/breaks as needed and supervisors need only approve their edits. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions-we're here to help.

Karen J.

It's basic and to the point for a small business

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

I was able to keep track of my employees with out spending too much money.

Pros

It's easy to use, both for the employer and employee. Employee is able to make change request to their time, when an error was made. It also shows you were they clocked in. This is extremely useful, when working in a manufacturing plant that doesn't allow the use of an app to clock in.

Cons

You can not get 2 weeks of regular labor hours summed and OT hours summed, per person. It has to be done weekly.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that you're able to use ClockIn Portal for effecient and simple time tracking. Our software uses weekly summaries to account for all types of payroll processing, but I will relay your feedback to our product team.

Thank you for using ClockIn Portal!

Lauren S.

Both our farm hands and our office workers use this application and we have been very happy with it!

Reviewed on 2017/05/26

This really streamlines our payroll process. We have farm hands and office workers and the farm hands are rarely in the office, so this helps us be able to quickly and efficiently receive and record their hours without the hassle of them needing to physically be present in the office.

Pros

Love the addition of the iPhone compatible application. Much easier to use for our manual labor-type and on the go employees to use.

Cons

The main thing we wanted was an iPhone compatible app and that has been produced, so we don't have any other complaints/wishes at this time.

Response from Certifix

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your great review! We're happy to hear that ClockIn Portal helps your business by making your job easier. We're really proud of our app integration and are confident that it will continue to satisfy your business needs.

Lindsey E.

System is easy to use, but their customer support function lacks with the support. Sometimes silent

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

Easy to use for all user types and pretty self explanatory. UX is simple but perfect for the purpose.

Cons

Customer service doesn't respond to requests for support. We've emailed, called, and tried chat but received nothing in response. Have tried looking into canceling but can't get anyone to support us through the process.

Response from Certifix

Hi Lindsey,

Thank you for reviewing ClockIn Portal. We appreciate your feedback and want to assure you that our support team is available and ready to assist after having gone some changes. We want to make sure that your questions are answered promptly and accurately, and we're available over the phone, through email, and you can chat with us right on our website. Please don't hesitate to contact us whenever you need assistance-we're always happy to help!

6.0/10
Randy B.

Perfect for what it does

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Pros

It is so easy for our employees to clock in and out. There is a lunch function too. The app will remind them if they forget to clock in or out. Our admin is able to make corrections as needed.

Cons

It would be nice if we could keep track of PTO, holidays, sick days, etc with this app. Currently we have to use a separate spreadsheet for not. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice.

Response from Certifix

Hi Randy,

Thank you for using ClockIn Portal. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you could leave us a review. We'll share your ideas with our product team-they love hearing what features our customers need. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Chanel P.

Overall, my experience has been fine. I do wish the software allowed for various reports to be added

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

Hard for new people to access the software unless you use a backdoor link. Limited Functions for independent contractors, notes that employees leave are lost once an approval is made of hours.

Cons

Limited things that you can actually do within the software as it pertains to sick time, independent contractors, and wishing there was a group rate.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Chanel,

Thank you for your feedback. Our product is designed for your company's time tracking needs. We aim to make a simple, easy-to-use product for all businesses. I've forwarded your recommendations to our product team. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions, comments, or new suggestions.

Randall B.

Easy and inexpensive

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

This software is very easy to use and intuitive to figure out. We have 10 employees. We have had about 20 employees use it over the years. None have had an issue figuring it out. Also the mobile apps are great

Cons

They were a little slow to adopt mobile. Their stuff opened on mobile but it wasn't mobile friendly. But they fixed all that!

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Randall,

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that your employees find our software so intuitive. We might have released our app a little later than some of our competitor's, but we've put a lot of effort into making sure that our apps are as easy to use as ever.

Thank you for reviewing ClockIn Portal!

John N.

Great Choice for Small Business

Ease of use.

Pros

Billing is very straight forward. Setup is easy, user maintenance simple. Users find loging in and tracking their hours to be uncomplicated.

Cons

Have not figured out how to have one individual "supervise" more than one group. may be me though.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi John,

We're happy to hear that our product is user friendly and works for you. ClockIn Portal is designed to have a supervisor assigned to one group only, but groups can have more than one supervisor. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call us or send us an email. We're happy to help.

Thank you for leaving us a review!

Joe R.

Great product. Easy to use for both admins and employees.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

User interface, ease of use, simple design, and low monthly cost. This clock in software worked better than any other we had tried previously. It's a simple yet well designed platform that doesn't get in the way of itself.

Cons

No customization. No ability to add tips. No ability to distinguish different departments for a singular employee. No ability to show prevailing wage payroll.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that your employees find ClockIn Portal simple and intuitive. We've noted your suggestions and forwarded them to our product team. We've kept our product simple to maximize efficiency and user-friendliness, but are always happy to hear feedback that would help you have a better time tracking experience.

Cassandra D.

I enjoyed using this software. It made tracking employees clocking in, clocking out and break.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

The benefit I got from this software is it lessened battles with employees about them clocking in or out on time and it helped to ensure employees from taking unauthorized breaks.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software it is made my employees more productive because I was able to ensure everyone was where they were suppose to be and that they were working their entire shift and taking their breaks at the proper time

Cons

There was not anything I did not like about the software. I think it was great. I would not change one thing about it.

Response from Certifix

Hi Cassandra,

Thanks for your review! We're really happy to hear that our product provides a convenient solution for your time tracking needs. Thank you for using and supporting ClockIn Portal.

Maria emmalie G.

Clockin Portal is very useful to our team and company.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Attendance tracking was much easier now that we are using this.

Pros

Very user friendly and the UI is easy on the eyes. I also like that it was very easy to set up and affordable.

Cons

It goes down from time to time. We experienced it several times already and customer support is not easy to contact nor do they reply right away. It would also be great if they could make the lunch breaks accessible more than 4 times.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Maria Emmalie,

Thank you for your feedback. Our product is cloud-based, which means you must have an internet connection to clock in and out. Issues with your internet may be affecting the functionality of ClockIn Portal. I've forwarded your feature suggestion to our product team. We always welcome feedback and suggestions. Our support team has undergone some changes, but is always available to reply to your questions/concerns. Please do not hesitate to call or email us.

Sara A.

Overall, a great service for a handful of employees to clock in/out to record their hours.

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

no cons, If I had to include a con I would Wish it allowed for unlimited "lunch breaks" because a nursing mama working from home sometimes needs more than 5 breaks in a work day.

Pros

Intuitive interface is attractive and easy to use. Off-site employees can access and use it just as easily as in-house workers.

Response from Certifix

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback and have provided your suggestions to our product team. We're really glad to hear that ClockIn Portal works for you and your employees. Thank you for your support!

Hollie S.

Easy, simple and straightforward! Very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

I love using the app on my iPhone as well as logging in on my desktop. I also love being able to print off the reports at the end of each pay period when I calculate payroll for our small business.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to use the app without using data. Some of our employees find themselves in low service areas and have trouble accessing the app to clock in/out when they are in the field.

Response from Certifix

Hi Hollie,

Thank you for reviewing our product. ClockIn Portal is cloud-based, so it requires an internet access for best functionality, but I'll forward your feedback to our product team to see if there's anything they can do. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you enjoy about ClockIn Portal, and we hope that it continues to be an asset for you and your business.

Samantha G.

Simple and basic

Reviewed on 2017/06/06

Easy time keeping software.

Pros

I love that is is easy to use, and has a sleek design. My employees have no problem editing their shifts for approval and they clock in and out within minutes.

Cons

The shift approvals could use more work and have to go back and forth to change things and look at shifts.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're glad that you and your employees can use ClockIn Portal to easily and effectively keep track of shifts. We've taken note of your suggestions and passed them along to our product team. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.

Andrew B.

ClockIn portal is very easy to use and reliable

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

I like the price and the simple, yet effective layout. It is also nice that you can view cumulative hours in the reports section.

Cons

I wish the bottom week section would always show the current week instead of reverting back to the first week when I began using clockIn portal

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Andrew,

We're glad that you're enjoying our product, and we hope it's been a helpful tool for your business. The bottom week section should be reflecting the current week, so you may be experiencing an error. Please contact us directly for more information. Thank you for leaving us a review.

Joel B.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

Easy to use for both myself and my employees. Allows for things to be restricted as needed, and the ability for employees to clockin in as needed. No complaints. It has really worked well for us and so currently no complaints on the service for the cost

Cons

No complaints. It has really worked well for us and so currently no complaints on the service for the cost.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your review. We feel great knowing that our product helps your business and meets your needs. We love customer feedback and we're available anytime you need assistance or have any questions.

Joahana S.

Best service for my business!!

Reviewed on 2016/06/12

ClockIn Portal is amazing!! It is the easiest way to clock in & out, track lunches, report mileage for reimbursement, and even write a short note for each shift! ClockIn Portal makes life so much easier and the price is incredible. It allows me to monitor all the employees and information day to day. Thank you for your service!!!

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Joahana,

Wow! Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback and are so happy to hear that our product helps your business. We aim to make it simple and easy to use while still providing useful features. We're always open to feedback and love to hear how our product can make your business great.

Neil sherwin S.

As Project Manager, the ClockIn Portal greatly helps in work time monitoring of my members.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Easy and fast work hours monitoring for all employees so less hassle for HR!

Pros

1. We can organize our employees to specific teams.
2. It's easy for users to input and correct their work time at different access points.
3. It's easy for me to monitor, approve and generate reports for my team.
4. It's 99% reliable only 1 downtime in a span of 5 months!

Cons

1. Limited up to 4 breaks can't it be expanded to at least 10 or ideally unlimited number of break periods?
2. Can't do multiple approvals for a series of dates that are not Pending
3. Can't input notes during Approval of Pending items; that is, need to Edit to input my notes

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Neil,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all your feedback and have forwarded your recommendations to our product team. We hope that your business continues to thrive with the use of ClockIn Portal, and we are always available for any questions.

Erin B.

Overall has been a good program that does what I need it to do.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

More easily track employee time.

Pros

Love that there is a checks and balances system with employer and employees. If I make modifications to their timecards, really love that my employees receive an email stating that something has been changed.

Cons

Would like to have it save the data if there is low quality reception so that when employees get back into better service range, their time information is uploaded to their account. Currently working at a job site that doesn't have very good reception. Employees having an especially difficult time tracking lunch hours because the service is so bad.

Response from Certifix

Hi Erin,

Thank you for taking the time to review ClockIn Portal. We're glad that our software is easy to use and we're happy to hear you're taking advantage of all the features. Your suggestions have been noted and we appreciate all feedback. Thank you for supporting ClockIn Portal!

James M.

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

Didn't take forever to to learn and was easy to edit and send reports to the boss in easy text or email.

Cons

It was dull and not detailed enough to get a good read of the hours that's I had worked. That was the bad

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi James,

Thank you for your review. Our goal with ClockIn Portal is to be as intuitive and efficient as possible. Shifts are recorded down to the minute and you always have the option to add a note to your shift. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or feedback to help us improve.

Shaun B.

I like it, the approval process could be more intuitive.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

Ease of use for employees and I can monitor their clocking in and out remotely. I also like the fact that I can quickly review past punches.

Cons

Approving time should be on a grid to mass approve a single employees time, this is by far the slowest part of the whole process. The messaging from employee to employer could be better as week.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for reviewing ClockIn Portal. We've taken note of your suggestions, and forwarded them to our product team.

Guðmundur M.

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Pros

Simple and easy to use, setup takes short time, and getting an overview is very easy. Overall good.

Cons

We would like to see few more functionalities. The best thing about it - being simple - is also the downside.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Guðmundur,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback and have taken note. Feel free to let us know what features you'd like to see integrated. We want to make ClockIn Portal the best time tracking solution for all businesses.

Nino S.

Great tool for Business Owners!!!

Reviewed on 2016/05/14

As a small business owner I wanted to find a tool to track my employees hours, then I came across the ClockIn Portal. I was able to sign up within minutes and the process was quite easy. My employees receive credentials by email to log into their account and to Clock In and Clock Out. The reports that ClockIn Portal provide for my business are perfect and I'm able to use them to track miles, add hours and prepare for payroll.

Right after I joined, they came out with an iOS and Android app which allowed my employees to easily Clock In from their phones. I love the fact that the ClockIn Portal support team is always available to answer all of your questions.

After trying several different apps, ClockIn Portal stood out because it was easy to use for my employees and the Managers loved the reporting functionality. I would definitely recommend it to other business owners looking to track their employee work hours.

Pros

-The ClockIn Portal support team is always available to answer all of your questions.

-They came out with an iOS and Android app which allowed my employees to easily Clock In from their phones.

-The reports that ClockIn Portal provide for my business are perfect and I'm able to use them to track miles, add hours and prepare for payroll.