ClockIn Portal

4,7
4,4
Anna M.
Industry: Farming

Best choice--and i looked at a lot of software options

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

makes tracking employee hours so easy. It's accurate, reliable, and affordable.

Pros

I use this on a farm and I can tabulate hours and write paychecks without having to leave the office and track down paper logins. The reports are great for reviewing seasonal hours and projecting employee budgets for the upcoming season or preparing taxes at year end. When I'm out of town, I can make sure that employees are on the job at the time we agreed upon because I can see their log in remotely. Also, I like restricting log ins to a single device (on-farm tablet) so I can be sure the clock in and clock outs are occurring in real time at the farm and not on the drive home, etc.

Cons

Not a major complaint, but the dashboard is not as intuitive as it could be. I have to fish around to remember how to find all shifts. Also, maybe a personal device issue or internet connection issue, but we have a few missed logins per month. And I don't mean employees forget to log in--but it's just not recorded on one or the other end of the day. Sometimes they end up with 23 hours of work in a day :) I can spot that and correct it easily though.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Anna,

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad that you're able to use ClockIn Portal for your business needs and we're happy to hear you're taking advantage of it's useful features. Our product is cloud-based, so it does require an internet connection for proper functionality, but please do not hesitate to contact us if you experience any ongoing issues. We're always happy to help.

Helmy E.

Simple time sheet app that allows my employees to track their work hours.

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Pros

ClockIn Portal gives my employees mobile apps to track their work hours on the road without needing access to their PC, it also gives them the ability to report their mileage.

My HR manager is able to generate the payroll reports she needs to input into our payroll system. ClockIn Portal gives us a web-based app that allows us to view a list of all users and to easily manage the entire process of edit requests and time sheets all online.

My employees are able to clock in from their their web browser or smart phone and tracking all of their work hours has been a breeze. Definitely recommend this product if you are looking for a simple way for your employees to track their work hours.

Response from Certifix

Hi Helmy,

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that your employees are having such an easy time tracking their hours worked. Our goal is to keep it simple and intuitive, while providing the features you need for time tracking. We hope your business continues to excel with help from ClockIn Portal for years to come.

Randall B.

Easy and inexpensive

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

This software is very easy to use and intuitive to figure out. We have 10 employees. We have had about 20 employees use it over the years. None have had an issue figuring it out. Also the mobile apps are great

Cons

They were a little slow to adopt mobile. Their stuff opened on mobile but it wasn't mobile friendly. But they fixed all that!

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Randall,

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that your employees find our software so intuitive. We might have released our app a little later than some of our competitor's, but we've put a lot of effort into making sure that our apps are as easy to use as ever.

Thank you for reviewing ClockIn Portal!

Samantha G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Simple and basic

Reviewed on 2017/06/06

Easy time keeping software.

Pros

I love that is is easy to use, and has a sleek design. My employees have no problem editing their shifts for approval and they clock in and out within minutes.

Cons

The shift approvals could use more work and have to go back and forth to change things and look at shifts.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're glad that you and your employees can use ClockIn Portal to easily and effectively keep track of shifts. We've taken note of your suggestions and passed them along to our product team. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Andrew B.

ClockIn portal is very easy to use and reliable

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

I like the price and the simple, yet effective layout. It is also nice that you can view cumulative hours in the reports section.

Cons

I wish the bottom week section would always show the current week instead of reverting back to the first week when I began using clockIn portal

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Andrew,

We're glad that you're enjoying our product, and we hope it's been a helpful tool for your business. The bottom week section should be reflecting the current week, so you may be experiencing an error. Please contact us directly for more information. Thank you for leaving us a review.

Pam E.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Worked great for my small business Recommended it to many others

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

Very low cost and worked well to track employees hours for my small business. Easy to use and install on my phone.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Pam,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that ClockIn Portal can provide an easy and effective solution for your business's time tracking needs.

Helmy E.
Industry: Government Relations

Keeping track of employee hours is a breeze

Reviewed on 2014/09/18

ClockIn Portal is a web app that allows me to track how many hours my employees work on a daily basis, the reports are easy to read and my bookkeeper uses them to process our payroll. ClockIn Portal is very affordable and gives me the peace of mind knowing that my employees are securely reporting their work times. Thank you to the ClockIn Portal development team for being so responsive to my feedback, we will be using this app for many years to come!

Pros

Easy to use online interface
Reports for payroll
Integration with Google Apps

Cons

Lacks fingerprint clock in

Shereka B.

Such an easy product to use

Reviewed on 2016/06/07

This product is the best I have come into contact with. Able to clock in and out with ease. This product lets employees keep track of their hours at the tip of their finger. This product is easy to use even by those who are not tech savvy. I highly recommend this to any employer who would like to digitally keep track of their employees.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Shereka,

Thanks for taking the time to review our product. We aim to make time tracking and reporting simple and convenient for everyone. We hope you continue to enjoy ClockIn Portal for years to come.

Adam L.

I'm simply in love with clock in portal

Reviewed on 2015/03/09

Wow, I never expected to like clock in portal that much. A friend of mine advised me to use it 4 my company. I decided to give it a try before paying. I used it for only ten days and fell in love with it. All the features I need are there. It's user friendly. And very simple.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy that you like our product and find it useful. Please do not hesitate to contact us with feedback, questions, or additional comments.

Thank you!

Lauren S.
Industry: Farming

Both our farm hands and our office workers use this application and we have been very happy with it!

Reviewed on 2017/05/26

This really streamlines our payroll process. We have farm hands and office workers and the farm hands are rarely in the office, so this helps us be able to quickly and efficiently receive and record their hours without the hassle of them needing to physically be present in the office.

Pros

Love the addition of the iPhone compatible application. Much easier to use for our manual labor-type and on the go employees to use.

Cons

The main thing we wanted was an iPhone compatible app and that has been produced, so we don't have any other complaints/wishes at this time.

Response from Certifix

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your great review! We're happy to hear that ClockIn Portal helps your business by making your job easier. We're really proud of our app integration and are confident that it will continue to satisfy your business needs.

Sara A.

Overall, a great service for a handful of employees to clock in/out to record their hours.

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

no cons, If I had to include a con I would Wish it allowed for unlimited "lunch breaks" because a nursing mama working from home sometimes needs more than 5 breaks in a work day.

Pros

Intuitive interface is attractive and easy to use. Off-site employees can access and use it just as easily as in-house workers.

Response from Certifix

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback and have provided your suggestions to our product team. We're really glad to hear that ClockIn Portal works for you and your employees. Thank you for your support!

Hollie S.
Industry: Accounting

Easy, simple and straightforward! Very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

I love using the app on my iPhone as well as logging in on my desktop. I also love being able to print off the reports at the end of each pay period when I calculate payroll for our small business.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to use the app without using data. Some of our employees find themselves in low service areas and have trouble accessing the app to clock in/out when they are in the field.

Response from Certifix

Hi Hollie,

Thank you for reviewing our product. ClockIn Portal is cloud-based, so it requires an internet access for best functionality, but I'll forward your feedback to our product team to see if there's anything they can do. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you enjoy about ClockIn Portal, and we hope that it continues to be an asset for you and your business.

Joahana S.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Best service for my business!!

Reviewed on 2016/06/12

ClockIn Portal is amazing!! It is the easiest way to clock in & out, track lunches, report mileage for reimbursement, and even write a short note for each shift! ClockIn Portal makes life so much easier and the price is incredible. It allows me to monitor all the employees and information day to day. Thank you for your service!!!

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Joahana,

Wow! Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback and are so happy to hear that our product helps your business. We aim to make it simple and easy to use while still providing useful features. We're always open to feedback and love to hear how our product can make your business great.

Neil sherwin S.
Industry: Computer Software

As Project Manager, the ClockIn Portal greatly helps in work time monitoring of my members.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Easy and fast work hours monitoring for all employees so less hassle for HR!

Pros

1. We can organize our employees to specific teams.
2. It's easy for users to input and correct their work time at different access points.
3. It's easy for me to monitor, approve and generate reports for my team.
4. It's 99% reliable only 1 downtime in a span of 5 months!

Cons

1. Limited up to 4 breaks can't it be expanded to at least 10 or ideally unlimited number of break periods?
2. Can't do multiple approvals for a series of dates that are not Pending
3. Can't input notes during Approval of Pending items; that is, need to Edit to input my notes

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Neil,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all your feedback and have forwarded your recommendations to our product team. We hope that your business continues to thrive with the use of ClockIn Portal, and we are always available for any questions.

Damaria C.

Reviewed on 2016/06/03

I love using ClockIn Portal because it its easiness. The app is very convenient and I love that you can track your employees time on your cell phone when you are away from the desk.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Damaria,

We strive to provide a reliable and easy solution to your business's time tracking needs. We appreciate your review and are glad that you are enjoying the features of our product.

Cassandra D.
Industry: Medical Devices

I enjoyed using this software. It made tracking employees clocking in, clocking out and break.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

The benefit I got from this software is it lessened battles with employees about them clocking in or out on time and it helped to ensure employees from taking unauthorized breaks.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software it is made my employees more productive because I was able to ensure everyone was where they were suppose to be and that they were working their entire shift and taking their breaks at the proper time

Cons

There was not anything I did not like about the software. I think it was great. I would not change one thing about it.

Response from Certifix

Hi Cassandra,

Thanks for your review! We're really happy to hear that our product provides a convenient solution for your time tracking needs. Thank you for using and supporting ClockIn Portal.

Shaun B.
Industry: Food & Beverages

I like it, the approval process could be more intuitive.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

Ease of use for employees and I can monitor their clocking in and out remotely. I also like the fact that I can quickly review past punches.

Cons

Approving time should be on a grid to mass approve a single employees time, this is by far the slowest part of the whole process. The messaging from employee to employer could be better as week.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for reviewing ClockIn Portal. We've taken note of your suggestions, and forwarded them to our product team.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ekaterina E.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I had a good experience with it

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

easy to use is always a plus. I like how easy it is to make employees active and inactive, change and add them

Daniel W.

Clockin Portal is great for business owners/managers

Reviewed on 2016/04/21

I am a small business owner and I was looking for a tool to track my employee hours. I found ClockIn Portal, was able to sign up in minutes and my employees receive credentials by email to log into their account and to Clock In and Clock Out. ClockIn Portal is perfect and you are able to use them to track miles, add hours and prepare for payroll.

Soon after I joined, the company came out with both an iOS and Android app and my employees are now able to Clock In from their phones. The ClockIn Portal support team is always available to answer all of my questions.

I tried ClockIn Portal and several other apps but ClockIn Portal stood out because my employees were able to use it very easily and my manager loved the reporting functionality. I would definitely recommend it to other business owners looking to track their employee work hours.

Pros

You are able to use it to track miles, add hours and prepare for payroll.

Cons

None! This app was perfect!

Jerry A.
Industry: Facilities Services

Great job

Reviewed on 2017/06/06

I love it.
There is nothing to complain about. I love it. my family, people at work, my boss, vendors, everyone has told me to tell you guys what a great job you've done.

Pros

Easy software to use great to use fun easy it tell how to if you get stuck easy tool and info you can go to fine it

Response from Certifix

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that ClockIn Portal works for you! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Michelle N.
Industry: Accounting

Clock In portal is a convenient way to track employee hours.

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

It was easy for me to prepare my payroll and to keep track of employee hours.

Pros

I liked the way my employee hours could be tracked from a specific address since some work from home

Cons

I would like to be able to customize a bit more. I like the idea of creating my own reports when I need to.

Response from Certifix

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that our access point feature is beneficial to your company's needs. We are always open to new feature suggestions, and you can call, email or chat with us to let us know what you'd like to see ClockIn Portal do.

Mbutuh escarter B.

Ashley W.

It was a great app

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

A ton

Pros

The speed of it was amazing. It was fast and prompt and it didn't take much time to operate. I didn't understand how to work it at first but I eventually figured it out.

Cons

It was confusing to understand at first but I eventually got it. It was quite obvious that I need to brush up on my skills!

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We strive to make ClockIn Portal user-friendly and effective, so we're sad to hear that this was not your experience with our product. Our support team is available for questions or assistance and is always happy to help you. Please don't hesitate to contact us.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Karen J.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

It's basic and to the point for a small business

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

I was able to keep track of my employees with out spending too much money.

Pros

It's easy to use, both for the employer and employee. Employee is able to make change request to their time, when an error was made. It also shows you were they clocked in. This is extremely useful, when working in a manufacturing plant that doesn't allow the use of an app to clock in.

Cons

You can not get 2 weeks of regular labor hours summed and OT hours summed, per person. It has to be done weekly.

Response from ClockIn Portal

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that you're able to use ClockIn Portal for effecient and simple time tracking. Our software uses weekly summaries to account for all types of payroll processing, but I will relay your feedback to our product team.

Thank you for using ClockIn Portal!

Randy B.

Perfect for what it does

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Pros

It is so easy for our employees to clock in and out. There is a lunch function too. The app will remind them if they forget to clock in or out. Our admin is able to make corrections as needed.

Cons

It would be nice if we could keep track of PTO, holidays, sick days, etc with this app. Currently we have to use a separate spreadsheet for not. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice.

Response from Certifix

Hi Randy,

Thank you for using ClockIn Portal. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you could leave us a review. We'll share your ideas with our product team-they love hearing what features our customers need. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.