Unbounce

High-converting optimization platform for teams of any size

Shaun
Shaun

Mandatory Landing Page Tool For Any Digital Marketing Agency

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

Overall I'm very pleased with Unbounce. The software is easy to use and the pages load quickly. I appreciate the additional AMP landing pages, dynamic keyword insertion, and the multiple out of the box integrations that Unbounce offers. I would definitely recommend.

Pros

The templates and ease of use. I can quickly get a landing page up and running thanks to the wide variety of highly effective templates, and then I can quickly and easily customize them for my needs.

Cons

I wish Unbounce would offer additional advanced features out of the box without needed custom codes and scripts, like text animation and sliders.

Response from Unbounce

Hi Shaun, Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it and will pass all of your amazing feedback to our team.

Cheers and have a happy holday.

Yann
Yann
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 1+ year

A solid platform to create landing pages, popups and much more

Reviewed on 2021/05/10

Pros

Of all the Unbounce brings to the table, my favorite one is, undoubtedly, the landing page templates.

Whether you're building your very first landing page or your 50th, you can build it from scratch or tap into Unbounce's impressive library of 100+ templates you can select and customize in any way you want.

And once you've found a concept that you really like, you can even save and duplicate that page so that you'll speed up the creation of other landing pages in the future!

Cons

As always, when using a platform, you're "playing" within its borders... For me, even though I'm a fan of using and customizing templates, I sometimes feel as if it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit more customization abilities.

Jeff
Jeff

UnBounce - Simple & Easy Landing Page Solution but Lacks Good UI/UX

Reviewed on 2019/03/10

Probably the best known and most used landing page solution out there but I was always frustrated with the heavy UI and issues with converting designs to mobile - I always needed togo back & forth fixing one or the other.

The optimization feature (2 LPs used for the same campaign) is pretty solid.

Pros

Easy to get up to speed on creating a landing page.

Stands out in the area of optimization of competing landing page versions - the #1 feature.

Easy to integrate additional javascript for tools like Google Tag Manager or Facebook tracking pixels.

Very easy top spin up new landing pages easily - no IT/coding experience needed.

Cons

The design options and interface seems pretty boring and heavy and I constantly had issues with desktop design converting to mobile.

In looking at so many options, I find better design solutions exist especially with the proliferation of full-site platforms like Wix & Squarespace now dipping into marketing themselves as landing page solutions.

Reporting is also lacking - very cursory information available.

Response from Unbounce

Hi Jeff,

We appreciate your candid feedback, and it will help inform our product team of the best direction to take our product and where we should be investing our resources. So thank you!

To some of your points, Unbounce isn't meant to be a full site solution, but one of many tools in a marketer's back pocket, so we are inherently different from larger website solutions like a Wix or Squarespace. In regards to reporting, we do offer a lot of integrations with more robust analytics platforms (ie. Google Analytics) for traffic reporting.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know where we're winning and where we're falling short.

John
John

Track your marketing!

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

Pros

Unbounce is great because it allows you to set up detailed marketing funnels to let you follow a prospect's journey. The landing page creation is easy and actually creates great looking web pages. There are several integrations, so you shouldn't have any problem getting leads from Unbounce to your CRM.

Cons

The overall data reporting could be improved. For example, if you start a new campaign for a landing page, you have to either duplicate it or reset the data. Once the data is reset, you can't see any historical data.

Response from Unbounce

Hi John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! Your feedback on the data reporting side was very interesting. We'll definitely be taking this back to the team!

Dan
Dan
  • Industry: Human Resources

A really user friendly product that makes landing pages easy

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

I used Unbounce for a little over two years and other than my issues with lack of integration, I really enjoyed using the tool.

Pros

Unbounce allowed me to delegate a lot of landing page creation tasks out to my team because of how user friendly it is.

Cons

The lack of integration with Pardot. Because there wasn't to utilize Pardot forms, we struggled to utilize this product.

Response from Unbounce

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the feedback and for taking a moment to write this review! Good to hear that overall, you had a pretty good experience while using Unbounce :)

Cheers and happy holidays!

Mark

The cream of the crop for building landing pages

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Improved conversion rates for my client.

Improved conversion rates for my client.

Pros

Unbounce has a great interface to allow users with no coding knowledge to build effective landing pages. There is a good selection of templates and the option to start with a blank page. There are great features pop up windows and sticky navs to be able to promote content.

Cons

There are some chepaer competitors outhere however they do not seem to have the support community that Unbounce does.

Brittney
Brittney

Best Landing Page Design Tool For Agencies

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Unbounce is hand down my favorite secret weapon for PPC campaigns. I am able to create a landing page so quick and have it live within minutes so I can create the most customized experience for our customers.

Pros

The ease of drag and drop capabilities makes landing page design easy for anyone!

Cons

There were some restrictions will designs in the base version of the software. Most of the templates were upgrades that you needed to pay for.

Charles
Charles
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best landing page software for marketing

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Excellent landing pages, A/B testing, progressive forms.

Excellent landing pages, A/B testing, progressive forms.

Pros

It is very flexible and easy to use. A/B testing was powerful and helped us create the best performing landing pages. Creating great-looking landing pages was easy. I love the pop-up forms (Convertables).

Cons

I wish that it would provide more detail from the visitor on the back end such as ISP location and came-from URL (google, bing, etc.).

Ryan
Ryan

Unbounce has some unbeatable features

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

I use it for a landing page builder for a client. They already had it and it was easy to learn due to the functionality of the front end editor. It made it easy to teach my team.

Pros

Sizing pictures and using drag and drop anywhere I want on the pages is unmatched in the website page builders I've ever used. I wish all builders had the front end capabilities like Unbounce. It makes designing a page a breeze because you can put things anywhere on the page and not be locked in to certain areas.

Cons

The swapping from mobile to desktop editing is weird. If I move something on desktop it drastically changes mobile if I don't use the right shortcuts. I also wish unbounce could save sections so I don't have to recreate the same sections over and over if I use them on different pages.

Response from Unbounce

Hi Ryan, thanks so much for taking the time to give us all this detailed feedback. We really appreciate it.

Cheers and happy converting,

bimal
bimal
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Unbounce review

Reviewed on 2021/05/19

Overall it is a good landing page builder.

Overall it is a good landing page builder.

Pros

If you are not getting a good result with your landing page then you must try Unbounce. Unbounce can help you to create a beautiful high converting landing page in few minutes without coding. It is a drag and drop builder. It has lots of features like popup and sticky bars, smart traffic etc. I am also using this tool to create a landing page for my business and getting a good result than before. Its advances A. I tool can help you to increase your conversion rate by split testing your landing page. Which save your time and money.

Cons

Yes, it is an awesome landing page builder with the power by a. I but its prices are expensive comparing to other landing page builder. Hope I will change in near future. So many other people can use it for their businesses.

An Indispensable Landing Page Platform

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

With Unbounce, the possibilities are endless and within reach, no matter your skill level!

Pros

Unbounce was surprisingly easy to pick up and get going with. It's a pretty intuitive platform that makes creating a beautiful and optimized landing page easy, no matter what level of experience you have with landing page creation. Diving further into the software you'll find how easy Unbounce makes it to set up more complex tracking methods, such as global site tags and web hooks. These aren't as intuitive to set up but are easy to do once you know how to do it. I appreciate that the Unbounce forms allow you to very easily track GCLIDs or require number and email validation. Finally, I've found Unbounce community forms and blogs to be very helpful in terms of finding unique javascript to add features to the pages such as automatic photo carousels.

Cons

It's hard to find a con about what Unbounce already has to offer. The only thing I can think of that would make the experience better is if there was a scheduling tool. It would be nice to pre-schedule the publication or un-publication of certain pages or page variants - this would be handy for seasonal offers, for example, and it would certainly save some time.

Response from Unbounce

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a kind and in-depth review (on NYE no less!). Our entire team is thrilled that your experience using Unbounce so far has been easy and intuitive. We're also pleased to let you know that scheduling page publications is possible, however, you will need to be on a Premium or up plan. More details here: https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001164506-Scheduled-Publishing-Publish-Your-Pages-in-the-Future

Cheers and we wish you all the best for 2020!

Kristen
Kristen

Can't live without Unbounce!

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Unbounce is one of our primary tools for bringing in marketing qualified leads. Our Unbounce pages direct qualified traffic to our lead forms. The Unbounce pages are designed to specifically help with conversions so we end up bringing in more marketing qualified leads to pass off to our sales team. We've also been able to streamline our onboarding process by creating a series of landing pages that seamlessly walk new customers through the process. It's also nice to be able to hide these pages from search engines.

Pros

When I say I can't live without Unbounce, I mean it. I'm in the software creating new pages or making updates almost every day. I love how customizable and easy Unbounce is to use. It helps us create attractive, niche pages and is so simple to use. Not only that, but even adding in custom Javascript for smooth scrolling on my pages was a breeze. The customer support rep I talked to was super helpful in explaining the simple process. The mobile preview version is also a great feature because I can hide content that wouldn't be necessary on the mobile version of the page.

Cons

There isn't much I would change with this product. Creating and designing landing pages is really easy to pick up without any training. However, I do wish there was an easier way to set up 301 redirects without needing custom Javascript.

A Marketer with the ability to do everything start to finish

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

From the templates available on Unbounce (which are categorized according to how they would be best fit) to the ease of use and ingenuity of Unbounce itself, this is a no brainer for a small marketing team. I am able to create the concept myself of the type of campaign and landing page that I would like to start with. Then I create the landing page (and even utilize the testing concepts for 2 landing pages), connect it to my email provider so that I can start to collect email addresses and leads and then execute the whole campaign. Unbounce is perfect! Unbounce is able to be integrated with a number of other applications.

Cons

It is important to keep in mind that the landing pages are responsive - so any change made to the desktop version will also carry over to mobile and vice versa. This can be confusing for a novice.

Response from Unbounce

Thank you so much! Really happy to see that Unbounce is able to help you ease the workload for your small marketing team and that you've been able to execute quickly on things.

Let us know if you have any further feedback, questions, or comments.

Rock solid, and improving

Reviewed on 2022/04/06

Pros

Unbounce is a workhorse for our agency. It's in use for every PPC campaign, increasingly utilizing Smart Traffic automated A/B/n testing and the new Smart Builder. The old Classic builder is a standard WYSIWYG landing page builder. It's truly no-code – 100% design.

Cons

Unbounce is limiting – probably intentionally so – compared to Webflow and other full-featured low- and no-code builders. It's made to spin up variants, tests and experiments quickly, not customize to the hilt. Smart Builder is limited in terms of design choices.

Response from Unbounce

Hello,

We're thrilled to hear that Smart Builder and the Classic Builder have been a great help for the work you do at your Agency. Thanks for reviewing us!

Michallia

Shoham

programing and code knowledge needed

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Pros

cool design. nice api. pop up, sticky bar.

Cons

Anything that is a bit more sophisticated requires a programmer, such as writing RTL, moving a check box, and so on.
Their support is slow, answering emails after 24 hours and not solving problems. No online support.
I will consider other alternative.

Response from Unbounce

Hello Shoham,

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately at this time, assisting on the troubleshooting or creation of custom code is outside the scope of Unbounce's support, but we do have a very active community where you can post post more technical questions: https://community.unbounce.com/c/technical

In the meantime, our team has sent in a feature request on your behalf around RTL text. Please reach out if you have any further questions, and thanks for your patience.

Mark

Unbounce *literally* changed our agency for the better.

Reviewed on 2016/02/21

We were one of those agencies who set the destination URL of all ad campaigns of our clients to www.client.com - seriously.

Why?

Because it was so frign hard to deal with developers (of all types of IQs) of clients.

One time, we had to deal with a "my wife's brothers son designed our site so we're going to have to seek his approval". I died. He actually wouldn't make some changes because he thought it's against the tao of web design that he mastered in all of his 17 years of life on earth. How cute. Eventually we had to say bye to that client, but that's another story.

Then we came across Unbounce who not only had a kickass app to easily make landing pages, but had a team that passionately guided you through it if you ever felt there's a hurdle. Now, I'm not sure what Unbounce compares against and there's probably a zillion other landing page apps - but I will guarantee you, you will not find support like Unbounce anywhere else.

They are quick, and almost always with the right answer in the first reply. You might be the McGyver of all web apps and might think "support? what's that?", but believe me - there will come a time.

Pros:
1) Ultra kick-ass support.
2) Community driven - yes, your feedback and feature requests will be heard.
3) That dude Oli, he's rockstarring the interwebs with the 4 corners of conversion. I mean, why not use the software the guy co-founded? Two birds in one stone yeah? Everyone else talks about his prophecies, but they don't have a tool to implement them.
4) If creativity is out for the holidays (it's ok, happens to everyone), and you don't like the gatrillion themes they already have for you to download (pre-geared for success btw), go buy a theme that is submitted by Unbounce users!

Cons:
1) They don't have a cape, because they ought to.
2) Their newer support staff better hurry up and fill those big shoes the 'legacy' support staff left.

• Industry: Photography

Super simple to use, impressive results!

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Used it to create landing pages for a lead capturing campaign.

Used it to create landing pages for a lead capturing campaign.

Pros

I am able to produce the highest quality landing pages with this tool, being someone that knows close to nothing about web design. I am able to see exactly what the page is going to look like as I'm building it, and the templates that come with the tool are very elegant and well thought. I had a couple of issues putting things together and questions about how to edit sections, and every question I sent to the customer support team got answered right away. This is, by far, one of the EASIEST website building tools I've ever seen, and the results are far better than I imagined! My boss even thought that I knew what I was doing once she saw the landing page I put together!

Cons

There's one minor thing that took me a bit of time to figure out and get used to; every time I made changes on my page from the desktop version, I had to go back to the phone version and edit it as well, as they seem to be dependent on each other in that direction. However, if I switched something on the phone version the desktop version remained the same. This is the only minor detail that I found not to be ideal. The platform is otherwise very easy to use and learn.

Nicholas

Nothing beats Unbounce for landing page design and testing

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

I've used pretty much ALL of the landing page builders out there, and while my preferences have changed over the years, there's nothing I like better (or use more frequently) than Unbounce. Everything about their tool is top-notch, from the drag-and-drop editor, to their new popovers tool, to their easy-to-use A/B testing tool and more. And on top of that, they are always super helpful when I have to contact support. I also like the community forums and the ways you can modify your pages with scripts, custom codes, and pretty much accomplish anything you need. Unbounce is something I use every day and it has saved me so much time.

Pros

Easiest drag-and-drop page builder on the market

scott

Does the job, but could be better

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

As a tool for building custom landing pages for paid advertising campaigns, it is more than adequate. FOr advanced functionality you may want to look elsewhere.

Pros

Unbounce makes it relatively easy to build landing pages, even for someone with limited design experience.

Cons

There are certain features I'd like to see, such as dynamic geolocation insertion, that are not included. You have to use custom javascript, which can have mixed results. The reporting feature are also very sparse.

Janice

Best landing page tool for marketers

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Pros

No dev work required! I've been using Unbounce at various orgs for the past 5 years - it's the easiest landing page builder to use because it's basically drag and drop. I wish I could build all websites with Unbounce! Even compared to something like Squarespace, there is just so much flexibility with it; you can literally move a block to wherever you like.

Being able to see conversion is also a huge part of Unbounce and we've been able to improve landing pages using Unbounce's A/B testing.

Cons

Only thing I wish it had were conversion metrics data separated by desktop vs. mobile.

Response from Unbounce

Hi Janice, thanks so much for being such a long-time Unbounce fan! So happy to hear that our building and testing experiences are working well for you.

Cheers and happy converting!

• Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Pricey but worth it

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

I am an Unbounce believer and am hoping that I can continue paying for it because it has done wonders for my landing page game.

Pros

The ease of use with Unbounce is amazing. When I first started I was able to get in and start designing instantly. The learning curve is so small that if you are new and have an idea for a landing page, you will be able to get into a workflow extremely easy. A/B testing can be done with almost a single click.

Cons

It is definitely one of the most expensive options on the market right now. With that being said I do think it is worth the price, as it continues to surprise me, it is just a tough decision to make if you have a slim budget.

Response from Unbounce

Thanks for your review and feedback! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying our builder so far.

We know that it can be tough to get budget for the tools you need, so our team is hard at work launching some exciting new features to help make your case for Unbounce even stronger ¿

Cheers and happy converting!

Marina
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

terrible experience

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

didn't find any pros to stay with them and even launch another campaign

Cons

- poor mobile optimization
- not supported for Klavio integration
- cost
- for free trial- insert card number
- not flexible
-too little functions in the LP creating

Response from Unbounce

Hi Marina,

Sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience with our product.

Our mobile experience is something that we're always working on improving, but if you ever need assistance we're just a phone call, chat, or email away. In addition, the Unbounce Community is a great place to find some quick work-arounds if you're finding the builder won't quite let you do what you want to: http://community.unbounce.com

On the integration side, although we have limited native integrations, we work with Zapier to connect with over 60 other awesome apps - Klaviyo included (https://zapier.com/apps/klaviyo/integrations/unbounce). For more information on how that works you can view our documentation here: https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005152226-Setting-Up-Integrations-Powered-by-Zapier-

Hope that this has cleared up a few of the issues you faces and if you want to chat further about how we can improve, please give us an email at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Andrea
Andrea
  • Used for 2+ years

A great tool for landing page creation

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

My experience with Unbouce is very positive. Our business will continue to use it for years to come and I would recommend it to anyone that needs to create landing pages as they are much more efficient than doing so with a CMS.

Pros

This tool requires no coding ability to make a really good landing page but you can use a web developer to give your landing page an extra oomph.

I've been using this tool for over 5 years and they're constantly improving it.

Cons

My only problem with this tool is that due to everything being positioned absolutely, it doesn't easily allow for the use of accordions that don't use a fixed height.

Response from Unbounce

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for sticking with us for over 5 years! It really means a lot to us. We appreciate your feedback and will pass your insights on to our Product Team.

Mohan Lal
Mohan Lal

One of my favorite landing page builders

Reviewed on 2022/05/09

Overall, it has been a good experience using Unbounce. To me, working with Unbounce's drag and drop builder seems just like I am working with an Image or a Video creation software, as you can have multiple elements on top of one, that too, using simple drag & drop. Even so, if you are using Unbounce, you kind of need to know what page layout you want to create.

Pros

I like how Unbounce's drag & drop builder allows you to move elements freely by dragging & dropping on the page, this helps in having more control over the design. You can edit the mobile view of the page similarly using drag & drop builder, you can also hide the elements that you don't want to show on desktop/mobile.

And, I like the image compression option helps in reducing page load time.

Cons

Inbuilt templates are not that good. Also, you can't add more than 1 form (i.e. the inbuilt form option) on a landing page.

Response from Unbounce

Hey Mohan Lal,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're thrilled to hear that you have been having a good experience with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Michallia

• Industry: Facilities Services

Unbounce - Landing Pages for Anyone

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Positive. Gives us the ability to create landing pages in minutes for anything from promotions to leads.

Pros

Flexibility and the ability to create a form landing page with zero knowledge of HTML or CSS.

Cons

I think that a centralized library for graphic assets would be useful.

Response from Unbounce

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate all the positive and constructive feedback, and it's great to know you were able to get your campaigns up and running quickly.

We would love to know more about what you're looking for in a centralized library. We do have an image library within our builder, but if you can provide some more detail in an email to [email protected] we'll get this documented as a requested feature.