Bronto Reviews

Bronto

Marketing automation for eCommerce

4.1/5 (56 reviews)

Fantastic platform with big capabilities.

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Pros

We started using the Bronto Marketing Platform about a year ago for all of our in-house email marketing efforts. Compared to our previous platform, it was easy to tell that Bronto was a more robust platform from the get-go. It's easy to work with, extremely smart and offers powerful strategies to get the most out of email marketing. This includes automated responders which are helpful for our e-Newsletter welcome email, campaign signups and more. Bronto also allows us to target subscribers based on what content they have clicked on in previous emails. We love the ability to optimize sends by time of day or day of the week and how easily we can segment our lists. Even the reporting within the Bronto platform itself is top notch and provides the detail we need. We've had it for a year, but there is still much more capabilities that we have yet to explore.

Cons

It would be nice if Bronto had an easier way to identify hard vs. soft bounces each email send. You either have to run a segmented report or pull from all contacts in Bronto and sort based on list. It would be great if this was a Legacy Report option. We also track list growth each month in the Legacy Reports, but it would also be great to track segment growth. Right now I jump in at the beginning of each month to compare growth from the previous month for all segments.

Steve W.

Miss working with Bronto

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Overall, Bronto was the best ESP I have used for small-medium sized B2C businesses (~400 employees worldwide). If you are tiny, it's probably overkill. If you're larger, it won't have flexibility of some of the enterprise-level ESPs. Their employees are all about practical, quick solutions to real problems faced by email marketers.

Pros

Bronto is logically organized, something which unfortunately can't be said of all ESPs. It offers programs like abandoned cart, email signup modals (layers) with fairly easy implementation. Easy to add variables to subscriber profiles. But the BEST element is the live chat support. These folks truly unlock the potential of the platform.

Cons

It could hold sales data, but doesn't allow you any easy way to see that data in tables. And you can't add tables for ancillary data like "store locations" that would make dynamic content easier. As with any software, sometimes you run into road blocks: they have a site where you can post ideas for the platform and other users can vote on them, but even then these take time.

Richard D.

Mostly Good.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

In a word, Segmentation. Bronto is one of the best in the industry at segmentation and I can't find much of anything I can't build a segment for. The workflow tools are also pretty nice.

Cons

Bronto is still years behind other platforms when it comes to the data they provide about opens on specific devices. Mobile or desktop are generally grouped and same for the rendering engine of the mail client. This is better than it was but still poor. I would also like to be able to pull proper data from the dashboard instead of being given some arbitrary presets that are never accurate for the timeframe I need them to be. This would help evaluate yearly results and even compare with the same month of the previous year. Bronto only holds 3 months of data by default whereas I have reviewed other platforms that hold 18 months (by default) in order to allow these types of comparisons.

Marie R.

Mixed Thoughts

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

I like the time release of emails, and the resend option for emails that weren't open. I also really like the list cleaning options.

Cons

It isn't very easy to use on mobile I have to use the desktop version on my phone. I wish there were more ways to learn how to use all of its features. I also think the site can be slow at times.

Response from Oracle + Bronto

Hi Marie! Thanks for taking the time to review Bronto. Feedback like yours helps us continually improve the Bronto experience on mobile and desktop. For help learning more about our features, we recommend utilizing the Bronto Help tab in the BMP. The Help tab contains links to the content that is relevant to the Bronto page you are on. The content includes links to help topics, videos, page tours, and guided walk-throughs. To access the Help Tab, click the Help icon in the top banner, and the Help Tab will slide open. For personalized help, you can reach out to your Account Manager about specific features and they will be happy to assist.

6.0/10

Bronto has helped in growing our email results across our 2 unique storefronts.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Bronto was instrumental at the start in helping us manage our lists better, and through A/B testing refined what our customers enjoy seeing from our email marketing.
Cost - for our usage there are others who are now providing the capabilities for our needs as Bronto at cost savings. Bronto still continues to offer innovations to help in customer engagement, but these are all offered as an additional monthly charge and not part of their standard package.

Pros

Bronto's WYSIWYG user interface to design emails is extremely user-friendly and a knowledge of HTML is not required to design fantastic emails. A code view is available if preferred, and is sometimes needed to add in elements like animated gifs. A/B Testing, delayed sends, and Netsuite integration for more personalized send have all contributed as our email revenue has grown in our time with Bronto.

Suzanne K.

We transitioned from HubSpot to Bronto and have been thrilled with the improved environment.

Great marketing automation.

Pros

HubSpot was a real pain to use and was more B2C focused. We kept getting banned by various email providers and it may take me a week to get it fixed. And the "workflows" were horrific, both in creation and monitoring. And most of all, customer support was non-existent!! I love that Bronto is so much easier to use. Creating newsletters in Bronto is a breeze. Creating workflows in Bronto is a breeze. Having at my disposal a marketing strategist makes life so much easier. I still am not fully utilizing all of the Bronto capabilities but that is my goal for 2019.

Cons

The connector to Magento 2 has been an issue since we navigated to M2 in November. There have been a few issues, most we've worked out fairly quickly but getting my review request to trigger has been an ongoing issue now for quite some time. I do now have someone in support that is <hopefully> getting it working for us.

Kelly R.

Great for larger companies

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

It provides a good solid foundation for all of our email marketing requirements.

Pros

Bronto works with a lot of large, successful business and therefore has a good amount of experience in dealing with corporate clients and larger tasks. There are a lot of valuable features in Bronto and (most of) their strategists are pretty good.

Cons

Bronto is definitely not for the small business as the cost and features may be more than the start up desires. In addition, their tech support never seems to know what is going on when there is a technical issue. You can ask and ask again and they basically tell you, "It's being looked into." Problems do get solved eventually but they don't give you much insight as to why the things that are going wrong, are going wrong.

Suzanne P.

Endless customization + excellent support

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

Bronto offers a sophisticated email marketing platform that allows very complex segmentation, A/B testing capabilities and workflow triggers to automate campaigns. Templates provide quick-start opportunities, while there is also the option to get fancy with dynamic content. The live chat support team and account managers are very knowledgable, highly available and provide excellent guidance.

Cons

The message design interface can be a little restrictive for message styling, unless you are working in CSS.
Opening a more intensive support case can take a week or longer to resolve.
The pop-up manager is a bare bones app.

Very expensive platform with poor support and missing features

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Poor. Bronto is very expensive with very poor support and service. Their business model appears to revolve around how they can get the most amount of money possible out of the customer with add ons, missing features, support, integration etc.

We were forced to do a finance agreement, instead of monthly payments for the year. I understand now, why they did this, as I would have disputed and stopped paying when their service stopped working. However, now we have no choice.

Pros

Not much. The email design interface is basic at best. The user interface is clunky. Most of the advanced features never worked for us or worked for a very brief period of time, like until we upgraded our shopping cart, then they wanted more money for implementation and support again.

Cons

Expensive with lots of nickel and diming. The sales rep promised the world, however when it came time to implement these, it never happened. We ended up using Bronto as a really (REALLY) expensive version of Mailchimp. We make very clear exactly what we needed and were given a crash course in the software and implementation with an Indian support team. We made a change to our shopping cart and lost the connection and were charged for the entire implementation again.

Features like cart recovery worked for a very brief period, then stopped and we were not able to get the support to get it to work again.

Other advanced features like B2B marketing and trickle campaigns just never happened.

Things like coupon codes, were part of our discussions all along but somehow left out fo the contract and we were hit with more fees and were never able to get it set up.

They also don't tell you that you need an extra license (at your cost) in NetSuite to use Bronto.

Initially they only included 1m emails, even though we never discussed a limit. They changed this to 4m, which was used up in 6 months. Now they want more money to continue to use it.

Response from Oracle Bronto

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to review Bronto and sharing your concerns with us. We are truly sorry you have not had a positive experience using Bronto thus far as our goal is always to provide our customers with an excellent and supportive user experience. We want to help you in any way that we can, so please email us directly at [email protected] so that we can ensure you get the support you deserve.

0.0/10
Orly T.

Gets the job done well and easy

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Customer service is great. Our dedicated account person also got the answer we were looking for. Their online support chat is also a huge help if you have a quick question. They have helped me out quite a bit.

Pros

Workflows are easy to maintain and create. Webforms that we put on our website is a great help to get new contacts. The email Message Editor is pretty easy to use if you don't know code and you can still put in your own css if wanted to.

Cons

RSS Feed emails was something we were looking into for our blog. Wasn't fully functioning at 1st but think we are going to get something from the new Tool Box

Bronto has proven to be a great email service provider.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

The software allows us to deploy all sorts of emails to our audience and customers. They allow for transactional emails, triggered email, full send emails, and any other type of emails we want to send.

Pros

The UI is very easy to understand and use. The deliverability is high for email marketing. They offer many add-ons to their standard platform. Their support is very responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons

Many of their add on services are standard at other ESPs. Their pricing is high, and cryptic. You can get a good deal if you negotiate like crazy. Their reporting is limited.

Sarah B.

Feature Laden Email Client

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Over all I have had positive experience with Bronto and would recommend them for other medium sized businesses, particularly if you wish to build out automated email workflows such as cart abandonment, nurturing series based on user actions, etc.

Pros

In my role for managing data and building workflows I have appreciated these Bronto aspects the most:

1. Multiple sources to add contacts including embedded webforms, APIs, FTPs, or uploading a CSV
2. Ability to add many data fields and have automated updates of those data fields
3. Ability to create dynamic user segments based on data fields you add, user behavior, etc
4. Ability to create multi-step work flows based on dynamic segments
5. Responsive technical support and training. Great help documentation.

Cons

Some of the reporting tools don't allow the granularity or groupings I would prefer but over all it's a great platform.

Dustin M.

Bronto User for 3 Years

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Pros

The software for the most part performed the tasks we needed. Most of the setup and use was easy to navigate. The features out of the box were adequate but we did have to add some Apps to make it the way we wanted it.

Cons

Some of the things we wanted were not out of the box features. That added additional cost. We had really good account managers for most of our time with them but after the Oracle buyout things were not as good toward the end of our contract with our Account Manager.

6.0/10
Olivia S.

Once I got used to using the software, I have found that it is extremely powerful and functional.

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Very custom designed emails, learned more about segmenting and analytics of emails, learned more about coding for email

Pros

The flexibility in design- lots of powerful tools (e.g. the content tags). I use MailChimp for some other clients and I find it to be very frustrating and limiting in comparison. The ability to segment and create lists that are extremely nuanced is nice. I also have had great experience with customer service.

Cons

I think that it isn't the MOST user friendly platform -- it took me a while to get used to using it. Sometimes it is hard to find exactly what you are looking for.

Rachel T.

Very easy product to use

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

We are using Bronto for our marketing email messages - product, content, retargeting, and cart recovery.

Pros

I'm finding this software very easy to use, especially for someone that is new to email. There are options to create emails within Bronto with a drag-and-drop feature, or you can upload and edit HTML emails. Customer service has been great.

Cons

It would be great to have more customized reporting tools to help manage email lists.

Bethany D.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

We have thoroughly enjoyed using Bronto and would recommend them. We are able to give feedback easily and using live chat helps us in the midst of a problem, rather than having to wait.

Pros

I like the ease of use and simplicity of the functions. I can do a lot with the tool, even if what I'm trying to do is complex.

Cons

There are some inconsistencies with some features within the tool, and the reporting is not as robust as we'd like.

Bronto's platform has been a great tool for understanding consumer interest.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

The ability to customize deliveries to segments that I want to target. The ability to send dynamic subject lines AND send A/B tests all at the same time.

Pros

The ability to create workflows is one of my favorite things about Bronto. They have really made personalization and segmentation possible for us and I love it! I also like their cart recovery platform and the templates that they provide in order for us to be successful in our marketing messages.

Cons

Their customer support is terrible, and they do not understand their software nearly as much as I do, which I believe is not how it should be. When it comes to the software, I wish they were able to report more accurate revenue, (translate international dollars).

Good platform that has worked well overall.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

email list send with high-end features

Pros

We switched to another platform for a few months, but had difficulties with them. They were able to easily have us return because they hadn't permanently deleted.

Cons

We have never been able to get the functionality that is related to ROI to work properly. They, essentially, switched to REST from SOAP without telling us.

Nicole M.

Bronto has a lot of tools

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

I have to use Bronto every day, so its a good experience.

Pros

There is a lot you can do with it, I am always learning new features. Customer Service is on point too.

Cons

Could be a little more user friendly, but once you figure out how to navigate its really easy

Bronto has created a user-friendly and robust software that I enjoy using day-to-day.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I like the new drag-and-drop email editor and how easy it is to organize my entire library of marketing and transactional emails. The customer support is superior.

Cons

The work flow when I am entering and exiting emails within the same folders is frustrating as it doesn't remember the last folder you were in - so I am always having to drill down to where I need to be multiple times. Additionally, there have been small bugs that are difficult to work through with support if they can't be reproduced on demand.

Amanda C.

Very easy to use, clean platform and can make adjustments quicklly.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I like the ease of use. I can quickly upload lists and deploy emails whenever it's needed. I like how I can schedule emails days in advance and run tests. I also like being able to easily capture results with just a few clicks.

Cons

Sometimes I find it to be annoying when I'm forced to log back in when I navigate from one account to another.

Kristen S.

Could use a little work.

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Pros

I like The drag and drop feature in the email marketing section of the platform. It’s pretty easy to deal with but there are a few glitches that caused issues when my Trya The drag and drop feature in the email marketing section of the platform. It’s pretty easy to deal with but there are a few glitches that caused issues when my client tried to send out Image-heavy emails.

Cons

Some of the cons were long customer support wait time, being bounced around to different customer support agents and we also had an issue with email marketing data not matching up with our google analytics.

Response from Oracle Bronto

Hi, Kristen! We appreciate your taking the time to leave us a review. We have sent your feedback about glitching issues using the drag-and-drop feature to our team. As for our customer support, we are sorry that you had a long wait time and needed to speak to multiple agents. We strive to give each of our customers the time and support they need. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can make sure you receive support for your email marketing data and any other concerns you have.

5.0/10
Stephanie M.

Bronto is a great ESP for our brands because of the people.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I like that my rep at Bronto responds to my emails in a timely manner & that the people who are on chat are helpful and knowledgeable about the software.

Cons

I'd like for the Bronto interface to be more customer-centric. For instance, it's hard to create automated deployments based off of certain customer segments and site interactions. I'd also like for Bronto's script to pick up category and subcategory behavior. Right now we can only target based off of click, product or cart sends.

Gareth J.

Good ESP

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

Straight forward to use and build emails

Cons

Can be clunky at times and RFM functionality isn't as native as others such as Emarsys

7.0/10

Platform is good. It works but needs some TLC

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

Pros

Features, support and comoany name behind the product.

Cons

API, integrations, GUI & a few other items.

5.0/10