Method CRM

The #1 rated CRM for QuickBooks Desktop and Online users

Chitta ranjan D.

Excellent CRM to customize with Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

I have been using this CRM from last 3 years for one of our lead generation project. Initially, it took time to customize, with the help of developer we customize this as per our requirement. And after that till date, we never faced any major issues.

Pros

This is one of the best CRM that works well with QuickBooks. You can take the help of your in-house developers or the support team to customize the CRM based on your requirement. They have an excellent support team to resolve any minor issues that you face during customization. They provide a wide range of features with great navigation. You can customize and create multiple reports as per requirement. Overall a great CRM tool I would recommend to all.

Cons

Though customization is one of its great features still you need some good developer to do this. You can take the help of their team to customize for you but again it's very expensive.

Ryan T.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Mostly great, but somewhat overwhelming

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

Overall, I have found it to be very useful and I will continue using it. I just want to get some things customized better and when that is done, I expect I'll be very happy with it.

Pros

It seems like it can handle everything I need it to do and it integrates perfectly with quickbooks which makes it very practical.

Cons

Customization is kind of difficult if you don't have a coding / computer science background. I know a little bit about SQL and excel programming, but not a ton. This product kind of requires that you know more than the average small business owner will know in order to customize your reports and emails, unless you want very basic looking emails.

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Switching to Method CRM

Less expensive, better integration with quickbooks, more aligned with my particular business model.

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for your feedback! Happy to hear that you're enjoying Method's QuickBooks integration. Our help center has some great articles on customization: https://www.method.me/crm-help-resources/. And our support team members are customization experts: https://www.method.me/contact-us/. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and contributing to the development of Method:CRM!

Brenda H.

Lacking in Customer Support

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

My experience with Method CRM has become less helpful as the days, months and years pass. On Giving Tuesday, the biggest day for Global giving, my donation page doesn't work and Method takes 3 hours to tell me that they can't fix it until I upgrade to a professional PayPal account. A donor told me that the donation page was down.

December 31, last best day to reach out to donors. I get a notice that there was an error in my campaign email and no one at Method can tell me what the problem is. A case file is created and 6 days later I haven't heard from them. When I follow-up, they tell me that there was a mistake, they thought that the problem was resolved. No communication with me to confirm. They promise to get back to me.
When I ask to speak to a supervisor, it's suggested that I speak to my sales support person where I need to make an appointment. Wow, what more can I say.

Pros

I like the ability to create email campaigns and include videos and pictures.

Cons

Support for addressing problems with the process of irregularities is dizzing. I have spent so much time in run-around with speaking with different people and getting different answers. Most inexperienced support staff have a set answer to each problem which is ... what you want to do will take a special template creation which will cost you $125 per hour with our development staff.

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We're sorry that your experience with Method wasn't as expected, Brenda. We know how important it is for our support team to be diligent so users can run their organizations successfully. We also understand Giving Tuesday's importance for your organization and donors. Please know your feedback has been passed along to better support you and others fundraising for good causes. If you'd like to share more specifics about your experience to help us improve in the future, please get in touch with us at [email protected]

Alicia M.

Makes it easy for clients to keep track of transactions and for us to keep track of leads

Reviewed on 2021/06/08

Pros

The search and linking of the account with QBO is an amazing feature!

Cons

No cons at the moment. If anything, all the added features for use with other employees can add up but that is also very customizable.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for being a Method customer Alicia!

Amier Y.
  • Industry: Media Production

All-in-one Quickbooks CRM

Reviewed on 2021/05/26

Excellent. Method customer service has been top notch.

Pros

Excellent user interface and easy integration with Quickbooks desktop.

Cons

It is pricey but you could opt for less features for a lower price.

Zed Axis, Transaction Pro and Zapier

Reasons for Switching to Method CRM

Much more features and easy synchronization with QuickBooks.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for your kind review Amier! If you aren't already on an annual plan, making the switch gets you a 10% discount. I just wanted to share that in case it's helpful information.

John C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Product with some Customization

Reviewed on 2021/08/11

Great client support, awesome response times and highly effective software and backup team.

Pros

Out of the box, Method needs some customization to perform. Once in place, this jewel keeps showing more ways to interject itself in the Admin process of your facility as well as excel in the marketing for new members.
We are moving our workflow for potential members into Method from another platform which has a higher learning curve for Board Members and users to learn.

Cons

The customization can get expensive. While the integration, for us, with QB was critical, it did require some work to fit our needs.

Response from Method Integration

Great to hear that Method has been working well for your team. Thank you for the review!

Jet L.

Powerful CRM platform

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

We are trying to implement a CRM tool to use with our existing Quickbooks system. Overall, the integration somehow works, however not as advertised as "magical" it would be.
Lots of customization effort has to be done to get it to where we want it to be.

Pros

Powerful and can be highly customized.
Covering almost all aspect of CRM and most from accounting.
Easy to use interface.
Basic plan price is reasonable.

Cons

Outlook integration app still requires a lot of touch up to be practical.
Customization works can be quite repetitive effort if you have multiple company entities that you would like to have similar customization.
Integration engine with Quickbook does not run well on RightNetworks platform. There is no true 24/7 real-time sync.
Prices per user could get very steep when you start subscribed to more modules.

Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Method CRM

Its advertisement on easy integration with Quickbooks.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Very customizable. This is a software that can be as creative and as detailed as you want it...

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Syncing with Quickbooks Enterprise.

Pros

Customization. Syncs with Quickbooks Enterprise. Cloud Hosted. Variety of User Permissions. Open API.
We were able to call a Method staff member to help set-up customization.

Cons

Contact-Based vs Account-Based. If you're not a developer, this software customization can be overwhelming. The product support is great but, they charge by the hour for customization.

Response from Method Integration

Hi there ¿ thanks for your review of Method:CRM. It's great to hear you're leveraging Method's customizable platform to streamline your business and that the Method team has been a great support. Thank you for the feedback around the Contacts vs Accounts. We're always improving on our product, so your feedback is something I'll be sure to pass along. Many thanks again

Brittney M.
  • Industry: Design

Organized and simple

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

I think its been great for our company and its so easy to use for anyone to catch on easy. Easy to send out sales order and emails.

Pros

I liked the activities because it helps remind me and holds me accountable to finish tasks.

Cons

Search bar seems to struggle sometimes finding companies/clients. Searching can be troublesome.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Brittney thanks for sharing your feedback! It's great to hear that Method:CRM is working well for your company.

Abbey C.

Abbeys Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

Its okay but I still see there being a lot of room for improvement

Pros

The ease of use. Very user friendly interface.

Cons

Sometimes its clunky. Things don't always work

Response from Method Integration

Hi Abbey - thanks for leaving a review! We're always open to hearing feedback on what we could improve, so please feel free to reach out to us anytime at [email protected]

Rosie A.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Best integration with QBO and Gmail for Free Trial/Great Price

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

So far, Method has helped me develop my brand new business with processes that will not have to be duplicated or repeated or that will just be current placemarkers until I can begin the true process I want. I am filling in a database and learning the accounting necessary to make all quoting, selling, ordering, and invoicing steps seamless.
When I encountered a problem (I have a "tech curse".), she tested and found it occurred for her too. Then she used a different contact to troubleshoot, and the problem did not occur. She referred me to tech support; They helped me fix and work around. I really like that a Lead in Method can remain a lead forever, and it does not enter my Quickbooks until I make it a customer in Method. Undoing in Method is easy...not so easy in QBO.
My online encounters have been excellent with the Method staff.

Pros

I like the fact that I can integrate email, accounting, marketing and sales tracking, which is unparalleled for this price. Am still in free trial. 1-hour free customization is available - I will use it; have not yet. Method is somewhat intuitive. Support sessions answer questions where it is not clear. When an invoice is emailed it is copied to my own email address. Everything that is sent from the system is halted by a review screen asking "do you really want to send this?" I have caught myself in more than one error or case where I needed to re-word something. The 30 minute support sessions assign each customer a dedicated person saving time on subsequent sessions as there is no re-hashing of former details. Tech sessions are set on a self-serve calendar. When reserving time, customer also enters a list of items to be addressed. At the correct time all parties log in to Go to Meeting, and it is very efficient. My dedicated contact is excellent. And, a bonus - invoice emails state they are from my business in subject line so they are not lost.

Cons

I do not like that many of the areas I hope to use will cost more money. However, the seamless integration with QBO and the ability to track clients and maintain only one synched database outweighs any of the current pricing I am seeing. I have not been able to figure out where an email generated in Method is stored for future reference. I am sure one of the customer sessions will help me. I also do not like that the word estimate is what I have to use instead of quote.

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are glad that our integration with QuickBooks is meeting your needs and helping your business. Feel free to book your free customization session with our team to do even more with Method:CRM.

Margaret W.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The Method Support Team and Programmers are Super!

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

The ability for anyone in the organization to access customer information in order to assist our customers. We're more efficient.

Pros

I believe the support behind the software is critical. Our Method Programmer helped us customize our applications to better fit our needs - she's super and so easy to work with. Method Support Team is quick to respond to inquiries, and I love that I can easily chat with them.

The software is pretty intuitive. Our sales, support and tech teams use it daily to access customer information and to provide support. All touch points are documented, allowing anyone in the organization to have access to customer communications. This allows us to better serve our customers and to be more efficient as an organization.

Cons

The hardest thing for us is understanding the cases application. We are currently working on the customization of this application. It's frustrating that communications with customers via our email platform (gmail) can't transfer over to the customer account as an activity in Cases- our hope is that the upcoming gmail 'gadget' will do this.

Also, we often email instructions that include images inserted within the email. This can't be done with Method email...at least not easily. You have to come up with a URL for the image, and even still, I have not been able to get the image to appear in the email. A simple add image button that goes to an image file where you click image to insert in email would be really nice.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for such a detailed review of Method:CRM, Margaret! It's great that your business is leveraging the customization options and that you've enjoyed working with our team so much. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback for how we can improve our app to make the experience even better. Thanks again

Lisa S.
  • Industry: Building Materials

This Could be Perfect....

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

I can set reminders that actually work with Method. We have been able to set up cases for issues with deliveries, shortages, and materials. Then we can follow the process of a customer return or an issue that needs to be resolved more easily.

Pros

I love the integration with Outlook. I love the ability to keep a record of each activity and opportunities. Being able to customize things has been great for our company.

Cons

This is a great product, except it does not have a place on a customer to make notes specific to a person or to save files. Each company has a price sheet. I can only attach things to activities. I cannot go through every activity to find customer specific files. Please add a feature to pin files or attach files to a contact. A place for contact specific notes would be awesome too! There is also not an easy way to go back to an opportunity from an activity. You can click to go to the Estimate when an activity is on the Estimate, so why would it not work that way for an Opportunity?

John S.

Saved me from outgrowing QuickBooks

Reviewed on 2018/04/01

Pros

Two years ago, our IT expert thought it was time to move from QuickBooks to NetSuite during a stage of rapid growth. We indeed needed efficiencies between our accounting and rest of the company. But the cost of leaving QuickBooks and adopting a new system would be massive. So glad we found Method, as we can grow with Method + QuickBooks. QuickBooks for accounting, and Method for everything else. The sync is seamless, and the level of customization we have done has allowed us to automate everything NetSuite would have given us as a fraction of the cost and fraction of the time. We are 2 years in now, and we keep growing what we do with Method, and our company has doubled in size over that time. I can't speak highly enough about the level of service Method provides. Every person I talk to is knowledgeable, friendly, and interested in how they can help our company grow and be more efficient.. I can't speak highly enough about Method and their team.

Cons

I would like to see integration with our inventory software so that product lists can be automatically integrated without doing API integration.

Jonathan R.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Usefull tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

before that everything was done manually very hard to follow and keep track of the work

Pros

Great way to follow up on clients and activities , the fact the will provide a good picture of the work done during the day , invoices are sync with QuickBooks . allows you create leads and categorized clients according to they importance . very easy to use . our manager will count the number of calls and notes to share it with others .

Cons

sometime it gets a bit slow when creating the activities . not able to import export pictures , folders , graphics into the activities

Cherie H.
  • Industry: Market Research

For the Technology saavy users, must be advanced IMO

Reviewed on 2021/02/27

Good experience overall. Thei customer support and tutorials to help are excellent.

Pros

This program was very attractive from the demo and the support. It is VERY detailed with the tables and import/export options. I recommend if you get this program that you have a team that is similar to a programmer on the backend to help set up uniqie to your desires.

Cons

The set up is time consuming. There are way more options in the forms and table that one can ever use in a single entity. Our team is very techy and computer saavy and we still burned many hours over 2 weeks and 3 people setting up our company before launching to the sales team.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Method CRM

We needed more integrations and functions. But, Method is a bit too complicated. More than what we need.

Reasons for Switching to Method CRM

The support and demo were great. Also the price.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Cherie, thanks for your review. It's great to hear you're getting value out of Method:CRM. Please make sure to take advantage of our help center for all the resources you need to be successful with Method:CRM!

Prone to Critical Errors, Only useful for small, simple businesses

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

Method CRM is a powerful platform for simple businesses. Their integration with Quickbooks makes accounting very easy for businesses looking to use Quickbooks - but if you're looking to build complex automation, be wary and confirm its ability to support your use case on a very granular level - Otherwise, you may find out too late. For custom apps, the development itself is not difficult, but if you do require a developer to complete the project, Method provides custom app development @ >$100/hour, which in my experience was over-priced.

Pros

Within the scope of their features, Method CRM provides a highly customizable experience - The UI of every page in your dashboard can be customized granularly, and building custom applications on the platform is limitless... If you know what you're doing.

Cons

First and foremost - Your Method instance BREAKS if you delete a custom lookup field. As long as you know not to delete anything, you'll be saved from this - but the fact that it's possible is frightening, not just in that you could lose your data, but also that Method CRM does not proactively warn you against it, or make obvious efforts to fix the problem or otherwise prevent it...
There are a few limitations within the features themselves that should be evaluated before purchase - The most notable, in my experience, was time-based automation. At the time of my implementation, there was no easy way to trigger process automation based on a certain time point.
These grievances may have been fixed by Method CRM by now, but I suggest bringing these questions up before making your decision.

SugarCRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud and Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Method CRM

Integration with Quickbooks

Keap

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Your feedback is very important to us and has been passed to our development team for further action.

Damien F.

After struggling withe this app for 10 days of a 30 day trial I gave up, exasperated.

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

I learned that the system I currently use is more than good enough for my needs. The Quickbooks integration is really not that important to me

Pros

It has a very clean modern look , and syncs really well with Quickbooks. The support team are e very helpful and responsive.

Cons

This is absolutely not a CRM ready to go 'out of the box' It is difficult to set up and use and some of the core features of a really good contact management system are either missing or handled really badly. No doubt some of the shortfalls could be ironed out with customisation but the promise in the Method marketing and constant reference to five star reviews on their website is not delivered in the experience. It looks beautiful but is infuriating to use. It does integrate and sync with Quickbooks extremely well but its value as a potential single platform for contact management and invoicing is undermined by the lack of features and the way in which some others are handled. There are many better CRM apps for a lot less money, even if the integration is not as good. Ultimately, what is the point of a great sync if the CRM is hopeless anyway? Horrible, just horrible. The Method support team were very helpful but I but I think there is a lack of understanding on their part of the average sales professionals workflow. I liked the look so much I tried to make the app fit my workflow which was absolute folly.

Noah M.

Method is a fantastic web-based QuickBooks CRM

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Time saving and job tracking

Pros

Method is completely customizable. You can learn to customize it yourself or hire someone at Method to do it for you. You can shape it to work for your specific business. We're using it for booking clients to our mastering studio and then keeping track of those clients and invoicing them. Method is saving us hours of admin work a week.

Cons

Sometimes, something that I would consider a bug in the customization they consider something that needs to be paid to be fixed. I think this is due to how they have the customization set up with freelancers. Also, Method strangely doesn't support the printing of the HST Number on invoices (which quickbooks does natively) and that is required by Canadian Law. These are little things but none-the-less annoying. It doesn't take away from how much time the software has saved our business and in our next round of customization we will get these things fixed. (Hopefully)

Christine C.

Beneficial and necessary tool to make money!

Reviewed on 2021/09/09

A great tool that I would recommend. I hope my boss/administrator never changes software. I learned quickly.

Pros

This software was easy to utilize on both my Mac and iPhone. Also, it was easy to learn and navigate through. I mostly did my productive work and generated invoices on the Mac. I only used the iPhone app to look at info since it was less friendly on a smaller screen.

Cons

I preferred to utilize Method on my computer as the features and choices were harder to navigate on my iPhone (which is expected). I really don’t have many complaints.

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for the review, Christine! We appreciate the feedback.

Carabeth R.

A good integration

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Overall I like this program and the integration with quickbooks

Pros

Method has been a good program for our school. Being able to see all of the accounts in real-time make managing everything a lot easier.

Cons

The reports part of this has not been my favorite. I paid extra to have the support team build the specific report I needed but it's still a little clunky. Also as I would love to see an ability to run specific campaigns and reports on them. Right now you can use tags to identify campaigns but that is also a clunky way to do it.

Vladimir M.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Simply great software functionality and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Ability to customize the software for our business needs. Easy software to use!

Pros

Functionality. There are so many custom options that we offer as a business and this software is great for that!

Cons

Software works very slow at times and the sidebar is too sensitive. Its a minor thing but I dont like how the sidebar expands, often becomes a stumbling block when trying to click a small box that is very close to the sidebar.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for your review, Vladimir. I'm sorry to hear you experienced speed issues while using Method. I can assure you we're always working to create a high performing platform. I will be sure to pass along your feedback on the side bar, as our team is always interested in hearing how we can improve the app's UI. Thanks again for your review.

Richard M.

Not a good fit for our organization

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

It looked like it had potential when we were switching from the free CiviCRM through our Wordpress website. But because of the bad experience of trying to customize it and have the same tracking ability as CiviCRM, I basically wasted 6-months fooling around with it. I compromised for a year and used a supplemental spreadsheet or two to track what I needed and that didn't work out too well. So we switched to a different CRM now that is a better fit for us.

Pros

I liked the low cost and the clean interface that all looked much nicer than what we had been using. I really liked how tightly it could integrate with QuickBooks Online which saved us a lot of time!

Cons

I had the hardest time importing our data from another database and the one hour support, was barely enough time to get anywhere. When I attempted to create custom fields for our donors, I found it very overwhelming and didn't have the time to invest in the training videos.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Richard, thanks for sharing your experience with us. This is the kind of feedback we need to keep improving our product. While our DIY customization isn't for everyone, we do offer a team of Business Solutions Specialists to our customers who are customization experts as well as unlimited, free customer support. Regardless, we are glad your team has found a tool that's right for you!

Omar M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

I am satisfied because it is a really efficient tool to grow my business.

Pros

It is the operating system of our sales department. Simple to use for the sales team, track activity and set reminders on follow ups. It gives me the ability to forecast monthly revenue.

Cons

I am currently very satisfied with the software at all aspects.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for the positive review Omar!

Rich S.

Under promised and OVER delivered!!!

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

We chose Method:CRM because of it's awesome integration with Quickbooks! We have been pleasantly surprised by the amazing training we have received from our success coach Phuong Phan. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable but we enjoy her kind personality. Her style has made it easier for use to glean the information and apply what we learn to our business. GIVE PHUONG a raise!!!!

Cons

No current integration with Voice over IP phone systems!. We think it would be awesome to be able to click and dial directly the customer from inside Method:CRM. (FYI: SalesForce and Insightly CRM has this option right now.) Please STRONGLY consider this. It would save us a lot of prospecting time! Thank you!