TeamViewer Remote Reviews

TeamViewer Remote

4,6 (11 428)
Remote support, remote access & online meetings software

(11 428)

Jeheen Mahmood
Jeheen Mahmood

If you are providing remote serice, you need this

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

This is a robust workhorse for any and all remote assistance, resource maintanance tool. In my years of use, I have only seen it fail a couple of times. There were some issues with network, but that is not TeamViewer's fault. Do keep in mind, to get the best out of this tool, you should have a stable network on both ends.

Pros

This is the most stable remote access tool I have tested, and I tested an awful lot of them. The file transfer feature works like a charm and is very secure, if you are worried about privacy.

Being a remote employee, I have to use PCs all over the world pretty frequently. TeamViewer has proved to be the most stable tool for that. The remote access without assistance feature is especially helpful for a project manager who needs to maintain assests in separate locations.

Cons

To be honest, the sound settings is a little confusing to set up. While on a call it gets tangled up with the call Skype/Slack/Hangouts etc) and creates very irritating screeching noise and/or feedback. It is best to turn of the sound. I guess you can use TeamViewer for calls as well, but I never figured it out as we are pretty much embedded into Slack :D

Also the price is rather steep. It is hard for small teams to afford the tool. But if remote work is a core component of your project, you simply have to manage.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer had better stability and a much nicer UI.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

Due to stability and better UI. It did cost rather a lot more than the competitor, but when you are handling important projects, you do need the best solutions.
Yurie Katri
Yurie Katri
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A helpful tool for working remotely

Reviewed on 2022/10/01

Before the presentation, I had to scramble to operate the terminal on the top floor of the office. It was not a security-restricted area and there was no concept of using a remote desktop connection to do the work, so we had to go there personally. However, with the spread of remote work thanks to Corona and the introduction of this tool, it became possible to work with a remote desktop connection from home or in the office, eliminating the hassle of walking. In addition, it is now possible to work from home, so I believe that work efficiency has improved significantly.

Pros

It is very convenient because you can operate the remote connection destination terminal through a remote desktop connection between offices or in a homework environment without the hassle of detailed configurations. It is also possible to send files, so it is useful when you want to transfer a local file to a remote connection destination. It also supports smartphone apps, so in an emergency, you can access and respond from your smartphone, which is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes it is strangely cumbersome, and operations such as clicking are disabled and a restart is required, which is inconvenient. Also, as it is not a cheap service in terms of cost, I think if there are several additional contract plans, the barriers to using the paid version will be reduced.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

Trouble-free remote control. Even if the customer is stuck in the operation, we can control it remotely. Besides, it is easy to make clients download the remote tool and it is easy to start with a double click, which is also good.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

We are using it with a purchase contract, not a subscription. The cost performance is good, there is no remote precision (cut in the middle) and we can do the job without problems.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Yurie,

Thank you so much for reviewing TeamViewer with the positive feedback!

We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. We are glad to know TeamViewer is a powerful remote access tool for you and even for your home office!

You are invited to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions about TeamViewer. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! See you in TeamViewer Community!

Wish you a great day and all the best.

Justin

There are better Remote Access options Now

Reviewed on 2023/12/08

Overall the system is OK. setting up remote access is clunky and overly complicated. The billing system sucks and has limited adjustment ability. The support takes probably a week to get back to you and the call center is always bogged down. It is overpriced for our needs.

I have tried reaching out to your support. The support has not been helpful nor interested in working to solution. Overall, the support has lagged (sometimes over a week for a response to a simple question). I have an open ticket though today was told that they don't have my payment which posted 3 weeks ago and require a bank statement to rectify. I sent screenshots of my bank statements as the PDF won't be published for 2 weeks due to the timing of the statements and the finance person said well we can't stop it from going to collections as I asked as they were not accepting the screenshots to wait for the PDF. Overall, the "rules" of teamviewer are archaic and you should just search "TeamViewer class action" if you want more information about the issues that people get with them. I am amazed that there is an expectation that a company could hamstring their customer service soo much. It really is sad that a company with a good product has to be soo bad administratively. I am really disappointed. I have been a customer for 4 years. I am "stuck" in a EULA that is not binding in our state but they are playing mean.

Pros

App that boots at startup
Solid tutorials
Mac OS support

Cons

A lot
The price structure does not reflect a small business needs for periodic support
Options come and go
support is mediocre

Response from TeamViewer

Hi TeamViewer user,
Thank you for sharing the review about TeamViewer and we are so sorry to hear about the poor experience with TeamViewer.
To turn things around and help you with the best possible solution for your case, we encourage you to contact the TeamViewer Support Team (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support/) for a discussion. We hope that you will receive a satisfying outcome and enjoy the journey with TeamViewer continuously.

Thomas
  • Industry: Biotechnology

TeamViewer - Easy to use remote access tool

Reviewed on 2024/01/11

The ability to monitor and control devices remotely eliminates having to be local to the connected devices and always an easy-to-use interface for controlling devices remotely.

Pros

To have the ability to view connected devices remotely is a great feature. We are able to monitor all connected devices with ease using the easy-to-use interface. Initial installation is straight forward by following the onscreen prompts. Setup was a breeze.

Cons

TeamViewer meets all of our remote access needs.

Response from TeamViewer

Hello Thomas,
We are grateful for the great feedback and a perfect rating is given based on your TeamViewer journey!
There are lots of useful and powerful features of TeamViewer, you may check out our homepage (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/features/). Likewise, did you know that you may learn more about TeamViewer features and gain more knowledge in TeamViewer Community? Come on and visit us on TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/english)
We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time and look forward to seeing you in the community!
Have a great day!

Julian
Julian
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

An indispensable tool for remote support and collaboration

Reviewed on 2023/08/26

We use TeamViewer to help team members who experience a challenge when handling a common project. It saves time and enhances productivity because I can fix issues for another employee on their computer without having to be physically present. It is very efficient, especially when users have a stable internet connection.

Pros

I like TeamViewer because it connects with a remote device in seconds and gives you complete control of the other device. Sometimes I have to guide junior workers, and TeamViewer helps me do that conveniently from my office desk. The person on the other end can view what I am doing on their computer and learn every step of the process. It establishes a secure connection, and nobody else can access the system without authorization.

Cons

TeamViewer's performance is as good as your internet connection. Internet issues from one end affect performance and could be frustrating. We once experienced compatibility issues, but uninstalling and reinstalling TeamViewer solved the problem.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Julian,
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about TeamViewer! We are so thrilled to know that TeamViewer has become a powerful tool for you to remotely connect to others!
We are also happy to know that you have chosen and trusted TeamViewer and you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance and reliability. To get to know more about TeamViewer, can we invite you to visit TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for feedback sharing and join those open discussions with us please?
We wish you a pleasant day and hope to see you there!

Martin
Martin

A very reliable remote access and control software

Reviewed on 2024/02/08

Having used the software for more than 3years now, i would highly recommend it to people. it has really improved over the past years and more features have been added to it

Pros

Fast connectivity, very reliable and clear audio when it comes to holding meetings and video conferencing.

Cons

input delays when it comes to accessing and operating a computer remotely

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Martin,
Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution and we appreciate your recommendation!! We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance and reliability.
Wish you a great day and all the best.
See you soon!

Krystian
  • Industry: Warehousing

so easy to use

Reviewed on 2024/04/09

best one I ever used for remote control

best one I ever used for remote control

Pros

how simple it to set up connection between 2 different desktops, you can connect from your mobile to a desktop to have full control

Cons

sometimes it will drop the connection (in few years of using it maybe happened 3 times)

Tami
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Love that I can remote in

Reviewed on 2024/03/19

Pros

I like that I can access as well as get support from wherever I am

Cons

Maybe for a small business it is a little pricey

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Tami,
Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution! We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any trouble shooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in the TeamViewer Community!

Enis
  • Industry: Cosmetics

So helpful and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2024/04/01

Pros

Never let us down. Very easy to use and reliable

Cons

Nothing really negative about it. Straightforward and useful.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Enis,
Thank you for liking TeamViewer! Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Have a great day!

ALESSANDRA
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Use it if you need support!

Reviewed on 2024/03/19

Pros

Easy to use and share to receive a quality support

Cons

Nothing, I think it is a very usefull product

Remote Connection is now made easy with TeamViewer

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

Communication problem using this tool was very much easy and has reduced the cost of the additional IT Infrastructure set up as we get connected to all stake holders and client meetings very easily and flexible and audio and video conferencing is really a wonderful feature are enjoying. This is also available in mobile version as a result we are connecting to our business meetings on the go a fantastic feature i really love

Pros

I have been using this software for both business(remote IT Connection) and personal use and have been consistently impressed with it. We all in our organisation are using this as for main communication with project and client. It has made much more easier and hardware cost has been reduced to lot extent there by increasing the organisational standards interns of growth and IT tools implementation and development. Features are really wonderful it has great a screen sharing,audio and video calling facility so that we get connected across all the people in the globe and this team viewer comes with 2 editions one for personal and commercial use.One for personal use and other is at organisation level.

Cons

There is very least about this software everything is really wonderful. But the least about this software is the program that renders output if we consider like handbrake doesn't consider TeamViewer as a legitimate physical display and these programs show up as black or white rectangles. But another small drawback which I felt is its commercial version is bit costly but even then we can afford as this is giving great benefits like video and audio screen sharing conferences

• Used for 2+ years

Powerful and easy to use, but terrible support and extremely expensive.

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

TeamViewer used to be a one-time purchase (albeit and expensive one). While TeamViewer was in this state, I used it frequently to access clients computers remotely. However, the minute TeamViewer changed to a monthly subscription, I stopped using it. The $50/month was simply too expensive when other alternatives became available for less.

Pros

TeamViewer's remote access capabilities are quite impressive and secure. Setting it up is fairly simple, and can provide remote screen access and file sharing capabilities. TeamViewer can also be set up to only be run on demand (i.e. for tech support purposes), and to run in "unattended" mode (i.e. to always be running and always allowing remote access). Finally, TeamViewer is free for personal use

Cons

While TeamViewer is free for personal use, any business use requires a $50/month license - which is outrageously expensive compared to other options. One of the most frustrating aspects, during install TeamViewer asks whether it will be used for personal or business purposes. If you select personal, TeamViewer will operate in free mode in perpetuity, however if you accidentally select business, there is now way to revert that to personal. Contacting TeamViewer support is useless, as it can takes days to weeks to hear back from support. Even when paying the $50/month, TeamViewer support is slow to respond, and often times unhelpful in their answers.

LogMeIn Pro

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer used to be best in class, and few alternatives where around the matched TeamViewer's features and ease-of-use. However, at this point, I no longer use TeamViewer, as I have primarily switched to Jump Desktop (https://jumpdesktop.com).
Ryan
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to use but lacking

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

My overall experience with using teamviewer is the ability to quickly remote into a person's PC along with the automatic two factor authentication that is uses where the user gives you a password and ID to log in. It allows me to quickly remote into software using it quick support and diagnosis problems such as error messages and virus/malware infections. Overall it does it's job well and although it lacks certain useful features such as freeze screens and camera capabilities using a mobile device; it still provides solid use for any technicians that quickly need to remote in and assist their client to get back to 100% performance.

Pros

The most impactful feature regarding this product is the ability to assist others who need help and it is free to use as well for personal use. Teamviewer is a remote software that allows you to remote into another person's software in order to help them and troubleshoot any issues they are experiencing, along with transferring files that may aid in helping you fix their issuen

Due to it having a free license option you are able to take it for a test run by choosing the option personal (non-commercial) which gives you the basic functionality like remoting into a person's pc and transferring files, if you purchase licenses than you unlock a few more features.

Cons

The least thing I liked about this software was the limitations compared to another software called logmein such as the ability to freeze screens, access certain aspects of a computer without needing to remote in like changing the username and password. And the problems that occur when a customer uses a tablet or phone on wireless networks where it takes forever to load which can be expected but also sometime it never loads.

The one thing I don't like is the inability to use a person's camera to see what they see for wiring that logmein (rescueme) can do through lens sessions.

Zoho Desk

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

Zoho was way too pricey and lacks the ability to test to make sure it works the way I want as it only has a trial compared to free use with teamviewer.
Emir
Emir
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great app for assisting friends and family

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

This is the app i use for remote assitance for private use.
Problems i encountered over the years...

This is the app i use for remote assitance for private use.
Problems i encountered over the years usualy have workarounds, but main thing is that you can in matter of minutes access remote PC and do the magic.

Pros

It is easy to use. In a few minutes anybody with low tech skills can install client and send you data needed for remote assistance. It works with great even with fairly slow internet connection. My number one solution for private usage

Cons

Well price for companies for premium solutions is overpriced.
There is no Wayland support for Ubuntu, and also remote access to some Android devices is limited.
When i bought licence few years ago, after some time i could not use licence.
When they release new bigger version you loose you licence ( payed 500€). Also montly fee is fairly too high especialy for 3rd world countries.

Easyier to connect with Teamviewer

VNC Connect

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

I used it for years and i still use it. As long as they offer free private usage i will use it. But i thing premium options are overpriced.
Matthew

An Excellent Tool For Providing Remote Support

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

Overall TeamViewer is easy to use and convenient for working remotely or keeping in touch with colleagues via online meetings. I would recommend you give it a try.

Pros

With TeamViewer files are transferred quickly and privately. It is completely secure. Also, working remotely with TeamViewer is truly easy to do as you are provided remote access which enables you to monitor systems and networks remotely. Some devices that you can access and monitor remotely are Windows and Linux. In addition to remote access you can correspond with colleagues by having online meetings. TeamViewer also has a user friendly user interface. The easy installation and updates takes the stress out of dealing with a new software. Besides a PC , TeamViewer can be used on Android devices. This makes staying in touch on the go easier and more convenient. While other software might allow screen sharing TeamViewer allows you to not only share your screen but it also allows access to your entire PC. The drag and drop feature allows effortless file transfer from one system to another .

Cons

There are a few issues with sharing very large files but overall TeamViewer is a good choice for small businesses.

Dameware

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

Easy to use free version and affordable paid version with premium features.

Remote Desktop Manager

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

At the time more persons were familiar with TeamViewer.
Alex

Excellent Remote Assistance Tool that also functions reliably as a remote work tool

Reviewed on 2021/07/12

Overall our experience with TeamViewer has been positive. We began using it as a remote assistance tool for our IT department, and when the COVID-19 crisis hit and we suddenly found ourselves needing to provide a number of our office staff with the ability to work remotely TeamViewer helped us seamlessly provide this ability with any major work on the part of our IT department. Over the 2+ years that we've been a paying customer with TeamViewer we have never had any major issues and will continue to do business with them into the foreseeable future.

Pros

Extremely easy to use at it's most basic levels. When I first started using TeamViewer it was for its quick and reliable ability to provide remote support to a user that only required them to install the program and then provide me with a user ID and password in order to connect with there computer. Our original user case was to access the laptops of employees that were operating outside of our comany's intranet, where we used VNC to provide remote assistance, but eventually we started deploying TeamViewer to all of our computers resulting in our IT team being able to provide assistance from anywhere, but also having a greater awareness of the state of our company's equipment.

Thanks to the built in contact list and notes column we no longer need to keep a excel sheet contains all of the computer names, the user that uses the computer, and the software installed on it. Additionally it has made applying updates and ensuring malware protection on all of our devices is up to date extremely simple.

Cons

The one feature that I feel is most lacking from TeamViewer is a connection health indicator. I've had issues experience slow and unstable connections to TeamViewer and the software itself does not have any tools to help diagnose if the issue is between the remote computer and TeamViewer or the local computer and TeamViewer.

Additionally when using TeamViewer with Windows servers occasionally there seems to be a issue where TeamViewer will freeze right after the Windows login page with a message about cannot capture screen due to fast switching users that can only be resolved by logging into the server through a different method and restarting TeamViewer. If you are planning on using TeamViewer as your sole source of server management then this might be a issue.

Splashtop and GoTo Connect

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer provides greater access to our company computers and the ability to function as a remote access tool in addition to a remote assistance tool.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

Originally we were looking for a tool more focused on remote assistance that a small number of users would have access to. The ease of deployment and the tools that TeamViewer provide seemed to be worth the cost over some of the cheaper competition. When the COVID-19 crisis hit our company's upper management paid to expanded our TeamViewer capacity since we found ourselves needing to quickly provide the ability to work from home and they did not wish to waste time setting up potentially cheaper software that we did not have a great deal of experience using.
Ilsa

Remote Desktop that works for you

Reviewed on 2022/04/23

I use Teamviewer for remote control when im unable to be at work and also to be able to provide technical support to my fellow staff members at other branches. My experience with Teamviewer is only what i can describe as a delight. Its simplicity and ease of access is undeniably the best in its field. It cannot compare to other remote desktops, Teamviewer stands out as the number one platform to use.

Pros

Team Viewer is very reliable and easy to use. It is a simple and secure way to connect to computers remotely. I love that i can work from home when need be. I like the fact that it has multiple features to choose from and that you dont have to use many apps as on Teamviewer they are already there. The best feature for me is the unattended access allowing me access immediately at any time of day.

Cons

The only thing i found least to like is that both station's need to be on the same upgrade level on Teamviewer. You cannot access the one if the other is on a different version of Teamviewer. Also if your internet connection is a bit slow it starts kicking you out at times.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Ilsa,
Thank you for providing great feedback about TeamViewer! We are happy that TeamViewer becomes a powerful remote access tool with comprehensive performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability.
For the most part in this situation, TeamViewer does require the remote connections to occur in the same version of TeamViewer. The latest version of TeamViewer is even better and recommended for uses. Following this, we can ensure all users enjoy the best experience, stronger security, and the latest feature on TeamViewer.
At the same time, we strongly encourage you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions. Again, we can't thank you enough for trusting TeamViewer and we hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always!

Brandon R
Brandon R
  • Industry: Wireless
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Excellent for time and cost savings. Ideal for support to people outside the company.

Reviewed on 2022/07/15

Remote connection is possible from anywhere, so you can work from the office, while traveling, or from home, improving efficiency. It can minimize the amount of time and effort necessary to go to the location, as well as the expense of transportation. Previously, it used to go to the end user to work and solve the problems, but after the introduction, the time to go to the site and the cost of going there are reduced, the work efficiency is improved and the problems are recovered. Good things like shortening the time and reducing transportation costs. It increases work efficiency when dealing with PC problems.

Pros

It became a means to connect from the inside to the outside, the problems that could be solved, the concrete effects, and the outside. Before I could connect from an external computer to an internal computer through a VPN connection, but I could not do the reverse pattern. It is now possible to connect from inside the company to outside the company, and it is now possible to explain outsiders sharing the computer screen. I use it to teach people outside the company how to operate a computer. If only the ID and password are provided over the phone, you can connect immediately and it is easier to use than other software. Also, the connection is difficult to interrupt and there is no delay in reaction, so you can use it comfortably.

Cons

Occasionally, you may not be able to connect from the start, or if you think it has hardened during use, the connection may disconnect, so check.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

You can perform the same thing with other applications, but this is the most solid connection.

Response from TeamViewer

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for reviewing TeamViewer and sharing your great experience with TeamViewer!

We are pleased to know you have chosen TeamViewer for your remote access solution!

Wish you a beautiful day and an unforgettable journey with TeamViewer!

Mustafa
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Must have app for my job!

Reviewed on 2022/12/11

It is a secure, easy-to-use platform and allows me to collaborate and access remote documents quickly and efficiently, making it easier for us to make decisions with one another. The recent updates to the software have made it even better, and I would highly recommend it.Review about Superior Aspects: TeamViewer has some unique features that other remote access software options lack. TeamViewer for instance allows for audio and video communication to allow for easier collaboration with colleagues. The software also enables data encryption to ensure secure and safe transfer of documents, and also allows for easy file transfer. Overall, TeamViewer provides a more comprehensive solution than its alternatives.

Pros

The software is very user friendly, and enables me to access different documents quickly and efficiently. As a large organization, we rely heavily on the ability to collaborate remotely, and TeamViewer provides us with a safe, secure and reliable platform for us to do so. The recent updates to the software have made it even easier and faster for us, and I would highly recommend it.

Cons

The only negative side I can see to using TeamViewer is that it can be a bit slow at times. We have recently experienced some slowdown in the software which has been somewhat frustrating, although overall it has performed well.

Response from TeamViewer

Hello Mustafa,
Thank you for contributing valuable time to sharing your unique experience with TeamViewer and we appreciate your recommendation on TeamViewer. We are glad that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, reliability and user-friendly functionality.
Did you know that we welcome all TeamViewer users and fans to visit TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/) for knowledge sharing and technical discussion. There are more powerful features to discover about TeamViewer and we would love to see you there!
Have a wonderful day!

Alexandria

The best and most secure remote access software for a desktop or laptop

Reviewed on 2023/04/10

TeamViewer is simple, cost-free for personal use, and includes all the features of remote control software, including file transmission and chat. If you have monthly subscription, you can also get meetings and remote video assistance.

Pros

One major benefit of TeamViewer is its ability to be accessible from anywhere. No matter how far the technician is from the consumer, we can address IT problems in real time. The user interface is speedy and simple to navigate through, and the desktop support is fantastic! It is more adaptable to a variety of devices and flexible. Video conference scheduling is dependable and effective.

Cons

Instead of demanding a manual upgrade, it would be nice if TeamViewer upgraded itself when the computer was turned on.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Alexandria,
Thank you for sharing the amazing feedback about TeamViewer. We are so happy to hear that TeamViewer is a user-friendly remote access solution. TeamViewer always puts Security and Privacy as the top priorities. Following this, we can ensure all users enjoy the best experience, stronger security, and the latest features.
We would like to take this chance to invite you to TeamViewer Community for more discussion about remote connections (https://community.teamviewer.com/English/).
Once again, we appreciate your valuable review on TeamViewer, and hope you would enjoy using TeamViewer as always!
Have a great day!

Antoni

Fast and useful

Reviewed on 2023/07/25

TeamViewer has become a fundamental tool to bring top-class support to our employees. It's really easy to use and our end-users (the less tech-savvy) are able to manage it due to is very user-friendly.

Pros

The las updates let you to create a virtual-room and share the URL with the end-user. End-user only needs to click on the URL and TeamViewer will create the connection. Really usefully and really fast. It improves the end-user experience a lot and they don't need to share anymore the ID and password.Furthermore, is one of the fewer software's that works really well with the UAC Windows, so in case you need to run admin privileges, you can interact with UAC without any issue.

Cons

I would say that they can improve the speed of the filesharing that, depending on the cases, is better to download if from the source website.

Zoom, UltraVNC and LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer was the most well-known remote software among our engineers. It was also the most well-known among the end-users and it brought flexibility to our company, as it was easy to use no matter the OS used.

Response from TeamViewer

Hello Aotoni,
Thank you for choosing TeamViewer as your choice of user-friendly remote access solution!
We are thrilled that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability.
Feel free to reach out to us in the TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/) if there is anything we may help you further. Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time!

Infiyaz
  • Used for 2+ years

A safe and great tool to remotely support your clients (I mean customers)

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

To either remotely teach or support end-users, I always recommend TeamViewer. But if you're not making enough money to break even, this adds into your expenses.

A great program and superb support!

Pros

As a developer, teacher and consultant, I have used TeamViewer for quite some time. Here are the main reasons I love this program.

1. It works on Ubuntu - this is my main OS. And most of my remote users are Windows users. Not many programs out there are compatible with Linux AND Windows. So this is a key benefit.

2. It supports both text and voice chat if needed. This is great since some clients are overseas. If not for this, you'll need to use the phone or another app just for that.

3. Very effective use of bandwidth.

4. No ads or nag screens. But if you continue to use it for some time, you'll need to PAY for a license. Fair enough.

5. When it comes to paying, they are ready to customise the pricing for you (although it's not listed on the site). They offered me a discounted package but of course that meant reduced hours of use per month. But I think it's worth it.

6. Transparency - I like the fact that the remote user is fully aware of what is being done, unlike some other programs (eg: logmein) which is Java-based.

7. While on a session you can switch sides - i.e., who sees who's screen.

8. If you have multiple screens you can specify which one you want to be seen. That's great for my work. This helps me to keep the chat window on one screen and see the user's screen on the other.

Cons

1. The remote user must have the same or compatible version. For sometime I had to insist that my remote users have the same version. If not, sharing is not possible.

2. The nature of certain programs do not allow remote use. For example, some clients use Kaspersky. If they need you to do some checks or settings on it, it's not possible. Kaspersky cannot be accessed remotely. But this is not a flaw of TeamViewer. Rather, it's a security feature of Kaspersky.

3. It's not free. But that's understandable considering the features you get. But then again, it's 'quite free' up to some extent. Not for commercial use.

Sadaf
Sadaf

One of the better tools for remote support

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

TeamViewer has helped my team work remotely and had added immense value to our work performance since it was almost unheard of to access a computer from home or site. Now it is indeed possible, all thanks to the remote access capability offered by TeamViewer. At a competitive price which is quite affordable for a medium-sized organization, I love the whole idea of using TeamViewer as I can easily access my files, emails, documents from my work PC, especially when I am at site and urgently need to present something to the Client; it has truly been a help during the most critical of times. As a Consultant who needs to be on site more often than not, it has been a reliable partner to locate my files, documents, diagnose software issues if any, conduct an online meeting and collaborate on tasks as well.
I have previously tried a competitor and needless to say, I consider TeamViewer to be the polished one of the lot, with negligible bugs and issues with running the software. Highly recommended tool especially for consultants and businesses.

Pros

TeamViewer is a revolutionary remote access software that has been our go-to for more than a year. It allows the user to run and work on a computer located elsewhere as if it were right in front the whole time. The application can be used to establish this connection between these two (or more) devices, and every change performed on the local desktop can be updated on the same file in the remote machine seamlessly. This aspect of TeamViewer provides unmatched support especially when you are travelling and need access to your work system immediately. The only catch is that the remote machine should have a working internet connection and must be switched on. Here are a few pointers on how TeamViewer is perfect when compared to its counterparts in the market-
- It allows highly organized remote management and is reliable in its approach and functionality.
- Can be used to securely access several computers and can connect remotely with colleagues, also useful when connecting to external screens especially for presentations and such team collaboration.
- Also available as an app for iPad/tablet: very convenient to use on the go.
- Comprises of an easy to use interface; suitable for personal and corporate use.
For personal use, TeamViewer is free (unlimited use!) whereas, enterprises and businesses need to have a subscription when using it commercially.

Cons

Free version users do have restrictions in use wherein they will be unable to try out all features of TeamViewer. This can be a deterrent to actually buying the whole package, considering the need to try out all features before taking the plunge of investing in it.
Other than that, there is actually no negative aspect of using this software and I am quite pleased with it.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Program Development

Very Experienced

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Teamviewer key features are VPN, Remote Desktop, Web Conferencing.

Teamviewer key features are VPN, Remote Desktop, Web Conferencing.

Pros

For years now I have come to know one thing. If you consistently work with multiple systems there are going to be times when you can't find something only for it to be on another system. For this reason Teamviewer is an awesome software. I have been using Teamviewer since 2011 and its uses far out scope its cost. Its free for non-business use and the features for business are great.

The most awesome thing is that you don't even need to install their software to help someone. They only need to download and run the install as software. This makes it easy to remotely use access any computer and assist friends and family. If you choose to install you can configure unattended access which keeps your system online and makes remotely connecting as simple as clicking on the remote pc's name. The VPN service make it possible to network via the cloud and share network services. Finally it can also be use for conferencing and remote presentations which can save time for those who work on the move like myself.

The most recent update have added a host of security features ensuring that your account is protected from unauthorised logins and usage. This was a well needed addition given the nature of the software.

Cons

Account Authorization can become tedious as you will need to authorise every new computer you wish to access your services from. Also their is no message or warning (as of review) that shows that your login is block by this feature.

They use to have a web browser service but its no longer available and I do miss that feature.

Nate
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Scam Company- Be Very Careful- Don't Buy before you Read - Charged us $1230

Reviewed on 2023/08/25

Charged us $1230 - when you go to mange subtraction page - you can't do anything - you can't canceled or remove credit card - they will ask you to submit a ticket 28 days before billing and trust them to not charge you again - you can't do anything but hope you have no control to anything its life contract as long as your credit card is active they will charge you - if you are dead they will still charge you Auto renewal forever - you will be forced to change or cancel your credit card or call the bank to block them .They charge us $1230.00 - called them next day to cancel - the answer was to every question - NO Refund - When the Scammers got the money ITS Game Over.Their excuse for the scam - they expecting you to read the invoice and email them 28 days before the billing day - and hope they will respond back to you and pray to god that they will not charge you for the auto renewalI myself called the Bank - I am canceling the credit card and fighting the charges.

Pros

Just like any remote Software - you can use LogmeIn.com - its better company to trust

Cons

Charged us $1230 - Scam - Be Very Very Careful when you subscribe - 1- you can't cancel the subscription on your own2- you can't remove your credit card on your own3- You can't control the Auto renewal - its always on 4- They will charge the auto renewal automatically and you will not get a penny back

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Nate,
We appreciate your time and efforts in sharing your review about TeamViewer! Please note that TeamViewer is a legitimate remote-access software development company.
We are sorry to hear about the negative experience related to TeamViewer and we would like to ask you to contact the TeamViewer Support Team at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support/ for a direct discussion and assistance on cancellation request.
Meanwhile, feel free to visit TeamViewer Community at https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any troubleshooting questions or feature requests. We would love to listen to different voices from our users and we would like to work on improvements and deliver a satisfactory service to all our users and customers.
Hope to see you in the TeamViewer Community!