Showing 7 876 reviews of 7 547

TeamViewer

Remote support, remote access & online meetings software

Showing 7 876 reviews of 7 547
Alison W.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Team Viewer works as a screen sharing program for institutions but is tricky to navigate for...

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

For within an organization, the product is great for screen sharing, but outside it is just clunky.

Pros

I like that Team Viewer has free and paid options for users versus enterprise, it ensures that you have a quality product, but does not then price-gouge the occasional user. Team Viewer is a great alternative for screen sharing when you are able to have the time to figure out the tools, or have an IT Staff who are able to set it up for you and then train you for a simple navigation. I have had good success with companies contacting me through Team Viewer, but never in the other direction.

Cons

There are several things I did not like about Team Viewer. First, Team Viewer is very clunky to use. In terms of just setting up an account, there were steps that we (me and IT) did online and on the application, which also duplicated themselves. There were authorizations that seemed unnecessary. After downloading, the launched application still had to "okay" the computer, with further steps authorizing the machine through email, which were already done as part of setup. We acquired Team Viewer to share a work machine and a personal machine, with the personal account being the initiating account on the work machine, and the work account being the recipient. Due to, as Support said, too many similar characters in the two emails, they were flagged as being from the same organization even though the domains were completely different. Even with support, the issue was not resolvable. The screen sharing is extremely slow on a fairly open (no one was working) 300 mg pipe, which flies for everything else. In the end, we decided it was easier to work with two work machines for what we were trying to do, acquired a few external HDs and just used Remote Desktop. I have had success with other companies contacting me through Team Viewer, but have never been able to initiate back to them. Again, despite supports help, it is like my account is "flagged" to always be from organization to organization with little hope of resolution.

Avash K.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Remote Assistance For Remote Work

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

As a WordPress freelancer, I work with clients from different parts of the world. I have found myself in situations where I need to explain to my clients - the way to do things. I mostly use TeamViewer in such case because using TeamViewer - I can see exactly what my client sees and then explain what they need to do - exactly the way they need to do. TeamViewer makes technical support amazingly simple and helpful. No need to write tutorial - No need to take screenshots and edit them - Just do it as needed and show to the other side!

Pros

The thing that I like most about TeamViewer is its stability. As a freelancer, Remote Access Tools are something that I use regularly and I haven't found any tool as stable as TeamViewer. Another pros of using TeamViewer is the File Sharing feature. There are many remote access software in the market but most of them don't have file sharing feature or good file sharing feature. However, with TeamViewer - it's different - it's file-sharing feature works perfectly.

One of the best thing about TeamViewer is that - it's available in all major systems. For example - Windows, Android, Chrome OS, BlackBerry OS, Linux.

Cons

There aren't much to dislike about TeamViewer. However, I think the voice calls need to be improved. Since I don't like the quality of voice calls through TeamViewer - I use third party calling software while using TeamViewer. I hope the developers will improve it.

Enoch D.

Remote Access with TeamViewer

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

using teamviewer has been so great and i am able to deliver solutions to clients hundreds of miles away

Pros

the best remote access software you can find in town. the interface is so cool and the it is very easy to use. My team and I, when delievering IT solutions to our clients within this Covid season has become way easier and convinient such that the client doesn't have to meet us face to face, they don't need to come to the shop, they just need to install TeamViewer adn from a click away, we are able to deliver top notch IT solutions to them. they are happy and we are also happy

Cons

some the services on TeamViewer can be rendered for free

Neel P.

Sold, Multiplatform Remote Access and Viewing Solution, with some issues

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

I highly recommend TeamViewer -- I had recommended it to several counterparts at peer firms, and have started to use the personal version with my own computers. Several of my users have started using it with their own family and friends once they saw how easy the program is to set up and use.

Pros

I love how easy this program is to use across many device platforms -- Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. I really like how it allows full control over computers and Android devices. It is rock solid for screen viewing on iPhone, and is really easy to get a user into a support session. It works well and maintains a solid, unfaltering connection even when our available alternatives (Zoom, Teams, Skype for Business, Quick Assist for Windows 10) fail.

The device details that the program displays has helped me correct issues that users don't even know they have and suggest updates that users don't even realize that they lack.

Cons

While the remote screen viewing feature is rock solid on iPhones, the connection seems to be lost very frequently on iPad devices. When this bug is acting up, the product is almost unusable on affected devices.

On iOS in general, the OS seems to prompt for disconnection very often on some devices (seems like older devices only in my limited experience). If the user is not paying attention and hits the button to close the screen share, reconnection is required.

Suzana P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Screen Sharing at its Finest!

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Overall, TeamViewer has been a great way to save time when you don't necessarily need someone to come to you to see your computer screen, and can help you remotely. This works for large corporations as well as small businesses. This doesn't have to strictly be used for IT, I am sure it can be used for different sorts of video conferences for everyone working remotely, although I personally have not used it in that way.

For IT aspect, it saves you the hassle of having to "screenshot" pictures or errors and emailing them all back and forth. It's a timesaver!

Pros

TeamViewer software was introduced to me several years ago when I worked for a larger corporate insurance company. Many times, everyone's computer in my department, over 2500 of us, ran automatic updates overnight when we were logged out. This allowed our IT Department to make any changes and maintenance. At that company, when we had issues with our claim software, or phone login, or anything technical, we would report that to our IT Department. They would quickly give us a call, working remotely, and I would accept the TeamViewer request to share the screen. Our IT would have full access to my screen and be able to guide me, or take control, whenever they pleased.

Currently, this software works JUST THE SAME for the small family owned business I work for. We recently switched domains, and needed help getting our emails switched over properly without losing all of our mailboxes. This was such an important part of the domain switch. With the help of TeamViewer, our hired IT professional was able to jump in and guide several of us to save back ups and take the next important steps to secure our data.

Cons

Using TeamViewer, I've noticed that sometimes you do experience a "lag", but nothing unmanageable. Also, make sure you and whoever is on the other end make it clear on who is running the mouse! That is just a user error, but I've noticed that I would get direction to "click here" and when I would go to move the mouse, the person at the other end would be doing the same. Once you give control of your computer, I don't think there is any way to stop the other persons movement until you completely log out. Not like you can put them on pause. Again, this is not a software issue, just something you need to consider if you want a seamless process.

Kudakwashe N.

Remote Desktop Wars

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Pros

What i really don't understand is why would a company develop such a great tool, gets you hooked and then when you and your clients are now familiar and comfortable in using the software then out of the blue, you have to pay to use the software? This doesn't apply to TeamViewer alone, another remote desktop admin app Anydesk did the same thing and recently now the offer buy the business version. At least have the community version with less features than to have timed sessions. But overall it remains the best tool on the market and at least they got the file sharing support perfect unlike Anydesk.

Cons

Great tool but very expensive specially for small companies which have few clients and would want to cut down on cost of travelling to customers site and give technically support.

Abraham C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Pros and Cons of TeamViewer

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

I was introduced to TeamViewer during the early stages of my career in IT and the software has always delivered when the tough gets going. I've been using TeamViewer now for over 10 years and the current version today has improved immensely since the previous versions. Today, I am fully utilizing almost all the features shipped with TeamViewer from recording sessions during meetings, chat utility, file transfer, audio conferencing, video presentations, etc. It has given me the confidence to perform my duties in the office and outside the office when I am on the go. In addition to the years of experience, I have personalized TeamViewer now as my first choice remote software that I use to manage my own home lab which I can access from anywhere in the world.

Pros

TeamViewer is a great tool for anyone out there who is looking to manage multiple platforms remotely and with efficiency. I like TeamViewer because it helps me a lot in my line of work, and as an IT professional I need a centralized remote access console to be able to access my devices easily when the need arises. I've been using TeamViewer for the past 10 years and it has enabled me to complete my work from anywhere at anytime, without relying on other technologies such as VPN (Virtual Private Network). Apart from just using TeamViewer to access your computing devices remotely over the internet, it comes with other great features like session recording, file transfer, chat utility and configuration settings to help you customize the software to suit your working needs.

Cons

The audio conferencing setup and configuration for some users can be an overwhelming experience, especially if the person is not accustomed to configuring software to engage in a conference call. IT support or assistance someone who has better knowledge about TeamViewer may be required in such situations to assist. In some situations I have had to assist end users to configure this feature for them when other audio conferencing platforms fail, and the feedback from the requester is that they have no idea whatsoever on how to proceed with the setup. Perhaps in future TeamViewer may become the go to platform for audio conferencing and chat in regards to other products like Skype and Skype for Business. In my opinion TeamViewer is an awesome tool, why? because it provides the necessary features to improve a person's production when his/her work demands it.

Pedro P.
  • Industry: Design

Remote assistance, or access your device from anywhere.

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

I do not remember when it was the first time I used Team Viewer, however since then it has always been my favorite remote access tool, it makes it much easier to connect between devices, I use it continuously to access VPS servers, my work computer or my computer. home, because if I have to perform a task I can do it remotely, or forget some file I can get it quickly, it is very versatile not only has use at work but also personal use, since I can help coworkers, friends, relatives, etc. Accessing remotely, your devices in a very fast way.

Pros

It is a tool with years in the market, with a great reputation, what I like most is that it greatly facilitates the entry or connection to another device with a great performance, it also allows to control it completely, it is excellent to connect to dedicated or virtual servers. remotely from any other device that has also installed team viewer, besides that the connection is very secure, another thing that I really like about this application is that it is cross platform, so I can connect to different devices regardless of the operating system that it has installed, another great thing is it allows copying and pasting files to the computer that is being accessed, it has many other useful functions, such as a chat between the users, the sound can be played, the session can be recorded, etc.

Cons

I have a hard time thinking about something that I do not like about team viewer, however the format in which the videos are recorded would be good to support other formats so it could be compatible with other media players, and not only with team viewer.

Edward C.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Teamviewer is a must have for all computer repair professionals.

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Definitely someone I need for my business and will continuously budget for.

Pros

Full of features. Constantly updating the product. Ability to use the web to manage your users. License is for the lifetime of the version you purchased.

Cons

License is for the lifetime of the version you purchased. No free upgrades. Which has causes many issues with clients having the wrong version on his or her workstation.

Michael R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

it's an excellent software to bring technical support remotely

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

It's excellent, simple, easy to install, secure and it doesn't requiere a lot of resources from Computer

Pros

it's easy to install and it's compatible with Mac and Windows even though if you make a connection from windows to mac or either way

Cons

I didn't find any issue while I was using it so but what I can say it is I find it requiere a good internet connection, the least 15MB or more

• Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great Remote Desktop software

Reviewed on 2020/10/25

Besides TeamViewer I also used standard remote desktops in Windows and Linux. I would say the Remote Desktop in Windows is still more convenient to use if you need an one-way connection to a single windows machine. Setting up the Linux Remote Desktop was so complicated that I was never able to make it do what I wanted. So I gave up and happily used TeamViewer instead. Thanks to the all COVID restrictions, I had to create a new user on my Linux machine and set up his own TeamViewer remote access to it through my TeamViewer connection. I am impressed with TeamViewer functionality that I was able to do it completely remotely.
Finally, if you have some security restrictions in your web network and do not have access to standard Remote Desktop applications, TeamViewer is your choice. It works well through all the firewalls.

Pros

TeamViewer is a great multiplatform Remote Desktop software. You can easily install and set it up on either windows, Linux or iOS. It works well even with a small screen of iPhone. You can connect to any of your devices from everywhere by internet. Although I used it a lot, I have never had to read a manual and troubleshooting it, the software is very user-friendly and self-explanatory. The most amazing thing is that it is completely free for personal use!

Cons

The weak part of TeamViewer is controlling a cursor on mobile devices. It can be tricky even though there are two available options for it.

Mandeep J.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

One of the best software for remote accessing and sharing information.

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

I am very happy with my experience with the software and very recently I used their android app and my experience was just vow!!!!!
I would definitely recommend this software for remote accessing and troubleshooting.

Pros

My personal experience with TeamViewer is just amazing.
I have been using this software on Microsoft Windows for remotely accessing systems of my colleagues in my organization for troubleshooting and other information sharing. I just love the fact that you just need to know the partners id and need to ask the access code and you can just operate the remote system just like you are operating that from your desk.
That too including sharing of files and much more information between the devices securely.
Guess what, like icing on top of a cake they have a TeamViewer applications for android and ios.
Just love the fact that now you can remote access the mobile devices as well and help your family and friends in troubleshooting issues they are facing and not aware of how to handle them. Just best software and good product in its domain.

Cons

Only con I faced so far is that something sharing screen and operating it remotely require you to be on a very good network bandwidth.
Sometime information sharing can be a not soo good experience.
Apart from this I can say definitely that it's one of the best software in remote accessing.

Florian L.
  • Industry: Media Production

Indispensable tool to make tech more accessible

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

Especially in these times where so many people have started working from home, I think a tool like TeamViewer is absolutely indispensable to help colleagues help each other out and to train employees in the use of new software when in-person workshops are not available.

Pros

I use TeamViewer every day to help less expierenced Android users navigate their devices. On my end, I use a MacBook. The entire experience has been flawless so far. Apart from the set up process, the Android users have never had to open the app even once, it just runs in the background. When the device is restarted, the app is restarted as well. In the beginning I’ve had some difficulties operating the touchscreen from my laptop, but in many cases I can use the keyboard instead and I’ve quickly learned how to perform the odd swiping gesture with a touchpad as well. There are some helpful features like chat, file transfer, a shared clipboard or one-click app uninstalls. Depending on the internet speed, the frame rate can be high enough to even watch surprisingly smooth video playback on the remote device.

Cons

Sometimes, it takes a few attempts on my end to connect to the remote device. I’ve just learned that I have to try several times and that the error messages can’t be fully trusted. For example, there might be an error message saying that the remote device is already in another TeamViewer session when I’m clearly the only one able to access that particular device. After one or two additional attempts, I will manage to connect without fault.

Chiranjib S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Essential Crossplatform Remote Desktop

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Overall, I am very satisfied with teamviewer and regularly use it for short term remote logins when I work from home. It is really easy to set up an account for all my machines. Once teamviewer is running in the background, one can connect with a unique password without using the temporary passwords offered by default by teamviewer.

Pros

- With teamviewer, I can access my all my desktops remotely. If both ends are backed up by proper internet speed, remote computing seems like a flawless experience.

- Works great if multiple monitors are connected to the remote PC. Easy to switch the active monitors from a remote client.

- Easy to transfer files using the secure file transfer window.

- It is a cross-platform app. So does not matter which OS is running on the machines on both ends. Be it windows, Mac or Linux, teamviewer just works! Even more, they have the apps for mobile platforms (I can now turn my ipad into a full PC!)

- (More fun than utility) Are you missing trackpads for your computer? Just open teamviewer from your phone and turn your mutli-touch display into a responsive trackpad for the desktop. :D

Cons

The free version, obviously, has some limitations. I think the connection breaks after every 10 minutes. For a prolonged session of remote login, the free version may not be a good idea.

Roberto antonio C.

Great for managing remote desktops

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

When I'm going to provide technical support to a customer, my best option is TeamViewer. It's a well-known software and simple to install; it's great for people who don't know much about technology and need some technical help.
It is also advantageous when I want to test how a web application is working on the client-side. I could simulate the screen on my PC, but it is not the same effectiveness. Being able to do this with TeamViewer makes me notice much better the experience my client is having with the service the company is providing.

Pros

It is effortless to connect to the other desktop remotely with TeamViewer; I only need the access key provided by the other user. The whole process is intuitive. That makes it also very safe software to use. If you want to increase the protection, you can put 6 digits and change each time you log out; this is a detail that I like very much.
The chat works very well, and I have no complaints. It does its job.
The application is very light, does not consume almost resources. It goes with good fluidity in all the devices for which it is available. It is very well optimized to navigate comfortably, regardless of the operating system used.

Cons

I wish more than two remote desktops could somehow be connected at the same time, even if it's just to show a third person what's happening on the screen by video.
The password is not customizable, and I would like it to be to have more control. I understand that being random allows a May security, but sometimes it is a little annoying to have to give a new one.
It's personal, but I don't like the interface design. It was updated, and now it's a little more modern, but I still don't like it.

Christopher P.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Teamviewer - A Solid Product for Remote Control

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

I have had a good experience with Teamviewer and I have stuck with it. The free personal use product works very well for fundamental things and I find the connectivity is stable and reliable.

Pros

I have used this product for years in a purely personal capacity and found it to be exceptional. Primarily I have used it on occasion to control my home computer from my laptop and to transfer files from my home computer to my laptop when I need them and am away from home.

It works exceptionally well and connects quickly when there is a good internet signal on both ends. I have had no issues with computer control or with monitoring my home on the computer's video camera to make sure everything is secure.

After you connect computers on the same Teamviewer account the first time, as long as you tell your computer to remember the account settings, it is just a few clicks to get connected to the other computer thereafter.

Cons

The software is not the most intuitive to set up for remote "unattended" access as they call it, especially if you want the connection to be secured with password protection.

Some of the remote steps involving live users connecting involve having each computer's ID and password as designated by the Teamviewer software for the computer that is going to be connecting to you on the other end of the connection. This means you need to verbally give this information to the other person in advance of the connection or you must call and give it to them over the phone to prevent transmission of this secure information by text or email which would actually risk the security of the information.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Amazing remote access app!

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

TeamViewer is the best app to connect remotely that is available in the market today. It's easy to use and fast and reliable when connected. You don't have to worry about losing connection even in areas with very low network. It's a best app to have especially now that everyone is working from home, you can easily get access to your office PC.

Pros

TeamViewer is great app for connecting to your computer anytime and anywhere, literally. It is essentially a remote control app for accessing you PC at home or at work when you are away. It is such a big help in accessing your files especially when your phone cannot accommodate as much files. It's very straightforward and easy to use. And when connected you can expect smooth access without having to worry about speed. It works like a charm even in areas with really poor internet connection. Plus, it can also do desktop sharing, online meetings, web conferencing and file transfer between computers.

Cons

TeamViewer is perfect for remote access of your device. In fact, it's the best for me in this aspect. As mentioned, it's got other features that helps in work productivity, but don't expect much from them. For example, its video conferencing feature tends to be buggy and lags all the time. It also eats up a lot of bandwidth during video conferencing. The rest of its features are ok. One last con would probably be its price, it's a bit high compared to the others. But then again, if you are looking for the best remote access app, you might need consider paying because it's a good software remote access-wise.

Mark A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Necessary Remote Tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

i love teamviewer, use it all the time every single day. it is a great tool for assisting people with issues, checking on devices or servers, and remoting in to support your team if they have issues or questions.

Pros

What i like most about Teamviewer is that you can transfer files via remote connections, copy/paste things from your client to your connected computer, and easily categorize and connect to anyone in your list of computers. Extremely helpful for administrators and support agents!

Cons

I wish this software had a fix for being unable to connect to computers sometimes when the application is running normally. sometimes, i have to have the user that i am trying to connect to close and reopen the TeamViewer app before i am able to connect, even though i see they are online and their teamviewer is running. if no one was on the other side to manually restart the app, how would i connect?

Trina H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Another great software that allows you to overcome the barrier of distance.

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

A software perfectly necessary for any company, consortium organization, and in our case, editorial project. Teamviewer is an excellent support software that considerably reduces distances and allows the establishment of a globalized work platform. In the 21st century, this globalizing element is of utmost importance because it allows to establish a fair competition between different companies and professionals seeking to expose their work and work experience. Teamviewer simply makes part of this goal a reality. Use it, you won't regret it.

Pros

Another very versatile and high performance software that allows the rapprochement between the different members of our editorial group in the diaspora, and this is possible thanks to its amazing remote access that allows our technicians in the area of computer science to be able to attend live the different editions of audio and video according to the interests and results that we look for in our editorial.

Thanks to Teamviewer we have been able to install in the computers of our worshippers other software necessary to capture the best audiovisual moment; we have also achieved thanks to this software to be able to proceed in our agenda when we have worshippers and musicians, who for one reason or another from their geographical spaces can not make adjustments in their computer to achieve certain results. We also use Teamviewer in our internal team, because our IT department has several support functions in different publishers, thanks to this software we are attended in real time thanks to the remote assistance, very useful and beneficial to solve different problems in the use of software, programs, or programming of our website.

Cons

There is no better attention than attendance. Although Teamviewer helps to reduce distances only with a computer and internet connection, sometimes we are deeply limited because we need real time assistance to solve physical problems of our pc, therefore, we must wait on many occasions when the technician is unemployed and can reach our offices to address the problems of the team.

Amro M.

Great app with a few cons

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

A great application for remote access and file sharing, would continue using the paid version for our LMS, but would prefer other free competitors for remote access.

Pros

1- The screen quality is much better than the competitors using the default settings.

2- It provides lighter file sharing.

3- Easy WordPress Integration.

Cons

1- We had an issue with the paid subscription type and it took almost 3 weeks to receive a reply to our ticket from their finance department during the peak of Covid-19's pandemic.

2- Less secure than other applications we used when it comes to the User Access Control, it doesn't dim the screen and ask the second party for authentication, instead it would authorize him.

3- The free edition has session limitations and will disconnect you frequently until it stops you from logging again, which do not happen with other free applications.

4- Pricing is higher than the competitors.

Patrick D.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Client Support Tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/15

I been using TeamViewer for over 10 years and i use it daily from gaming to website help and it saves me so much time and in turn show who ever i am connected to exactly what it is i am doing so it helps them also in the future to diagnose the issues them selves. This is by far the best software out there that is simple and easy to use and is very secure as well. I helped so many people over the years using TeamViewer and i am overall just happy!

Pros

I love TeamViewer for that fact that if i did a website for someone or they are having issues with their site or computer , I can use TeamViewer to see exactly what they see and resolve the issue Right there with them so they can see it in real time. I love the fact that this saves a whole lot of time from back and forth emails, phone calls or even going out to see the person at their location.

Cons

A lot of people are Leary of people connecting to their home computer and i feel like they could show a pop up window and explain exactly the sort of access i have and what they can and cannot grant me. It has it in fine print but i am thinking a pop up with a little tutorial section would be beneficial but other then that the program des what it is design to do and it does it well.

Kat F.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

The gold standard in remote support

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

It has only become more necessary for everyone since the advent of the pandemic. Employees can get into their work machines from home and not contaminate work files with problems and downloads on their personal devices.

Pros

The ease with which the program can be set up on the computer of someone with zero tech skills has made it vital in every position I've had for years.
The account set up is simple.
It's secure.

Cons

The only issue is that they give broad "free for personal use" license that people take advantage of, especially considering that when you need it in a pinch the value is near enough priceless.

Katie J.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Perfect for Everyone

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I can help others learn how to use art programs using TeamViewer. My husband has been able to fix others computers without having to go to them or having them load up their computer to bring it here. It is a great program, but like all programs it gets better with time and updates.

Pros

Presentation mode and remote access mode are my two favorite features of TeamViewer. Using TeamViewer had made my husband's job a lot easier but it has helped me when someone wants me to help them with their art and I need to connect to their computer to show them how to use a program. I love that a temporary password can be used allowing temporary access until logging out. When you need to connect to someone's computer at different times or connect when you want like when my husband wants to connect to my computer when I am not home and I need his help with something or he wants to set something up to download because the internet is faster where I am at, you can set a permanent password. It is so easy to use and anyone can use it. The chat feature is really cool too. That way you can talk to the person you are connected to and let them know what you are doing. The option to download the app on my phone is also a good feature that way you can use TeamViewer on the go

Cons

There is a potential security risk that could be remedied by a feature that lets you know what the connected person has done to your computer. Otherwise it could be easy for someone to do things that you don't know about while your connected.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Teamviewer as the remote control software

Reviewed on 2020/04/26

TeamViewer made our job easier, especially during this coronavirus outbreak. It helped my IT help desk team fix my computer and besides they showed how to deal with any technical problem.

Pros

With TeamViewer, I am not much worried about security or privacy issues. TeamViewer makes remote controlling easy and faster. You can even distribute files between the computers. Its free subscription gives enough functionality. You can talk with the person on the other side. It is like skype+plus remote control which gives a lot of opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes little changes on the internet speed make communication almost impossible. Different versions of the software do not support each other meaning that if you use the other version of the program you will not be able to control the other computer.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent remote assistance tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

I have been using it for years and there is a good reason why I have stuck with it. It is rock solid, dependable and reliable. I genuinely love it.

Pros

It is very dependable. I have used for a long time now and have had little to no issues with it. So if I need something to deploy that will let me connect remotely to the PC later on, Teamviewer is what I go with. You can set it to start with the PC and it will run along nicely in the background waiting for you to connect. It can also connect after a reboot and even in safe mode (that one is a godsend). I also like that it works pretty well even if the internet speed is less than optimal. Transferring files is a breeze. Its also pretty secure since you can lock remote access behind a password. Lastly, it works fine across platforms and I never had any issues connecting to the Macbooks of our users from my Windows PC.

Cons

Its a little expensive compared to a lot of other options that I have used in the past. So I dont know if its worth exploring if you have a small team and dont see yourself using it daily.