Confluence

4,5 (3 328)
Create, organize, and discuss work with your team

(3 328)

Steve
Steve

The Collaboration Platform You've Waited For

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

We document everything in Confluence. I run a digital marketing team of around 20 people and have a total of 40 users in the tool (a few other teams besides mine use it). It's been a fantastic tool to get everyone on the same page and keep track of our how-tos, meeting notes, plans, goals, features/specs, etc.

Pros

Real-time simultaneous editing
Ease of finding and organizing what I've written
Constantly adding new features
Integration with Jira and Trello is great, but also works as lightweight project management by itself

Cons

Honestly, they've fixed my biggest cons, like storage space (now you can buy a bigger plan) and they keep adding more things.
I think my colleagues would say there's still a learning curve, which is understandable, and I think Confluence has been changing the interface with more tips and features for new users (which is sometimes confusing for long-time users like me, LOL)
One big con is still the limited integration with MS Office. Confluence fully replaces the need for Word in most cases, so that's not a big deal, but I wish the Excel integration and/or the table functionality was better.
Also, printing is pretty tough when you have tables.

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Confluence

Confluence is quite inexpensive for what you get and it's super powerful. I really love the quick, accurate search results. The macro functionality and new "Slack" style slash commands are really cool. The notification system is very nice, especially the @mentions.
Luke
Luke

Best knowledge management and wiki out there

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

If you use other Atlassian products, Confluence is the perfect complement. Because exporting documents is so bad, it works best if you, your colleagues and your stakeholders/clients all exist in the same Atlassian ecosystem.

Pros

Highly configurable and easy to use document templates, beautiful interface akin to using Medium, and deep integration with Jira Software and Jira Service Management are the features I find most useful. Recent changes to Templates to enable you to quickly search and preview available templates is incredibly helpful, as inline commenting while editing and being able to quickly convert anything into a Jira issue. Being able to use Confluence to defer service management requests by offering reporters the option of self serving an answer to their question/problem is a stroke of genius.

Cons

It's beyond irritating that exporting documents as a PDF is so horrendous out of the box. I also find the concept of Actions vs Jira issues confusing. I consistently find myself missing actions that have been buried in Confluence.

Jeremy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great tool with a lot of functionality to build documentation

Reviewed on 2024/01/08

Pros

The amount of different ways you can build documentation and allow collaboration across teams

Cons

It's easy to get overwhelmed with the amount of pages that are out there so there may be value in reducing complexity in page organization and enable easier drag and drop functionality.

ash
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Fine project management tool

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

project task assignment and tracking is great

Cons

not all aspects of project management can be tracked

Eshwar
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Solid note/documentation software, but pricey for what it is

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Generally a positive experience but it's a classic case of the established, expensive, and less flexible piece of software compared to more modern options like Notion. I would recommend really only to teams that use Jira heavily and want a source of documentation.

Pros

Works really well with Jira and especially for developer teams that require integration with it. The editor is solid and offers a number of add-ons. Dark mode looks great and document indexing is smart.

Cons

Real time editing isn't as seamless as Notion is.
Adding addons is hard and requires admins to set up.
Very expensive.

Madilyn
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great for project management on a larger team

Reviewed on 2024/01/05

Pros

The final published pages on confluence are organized, detailed, and a super great way to keep projects and information documented for many people to access.

Cons

There are so many ways to organize each page but there are SO many features/options that it can be overwhelming and sometimes difficult to navigate until you really get the hang of it.

Ashwitha
  • Industry: Government Administration

Best Info Sharing Tool

Reviewed on 2024/01/09

Pros

Easier to navigate through the Pages, It can be organized based on our convenience

Cons

When I first started using the tool, I was having issues updating the pages with the icons I needed.

John
  • Industry: Program Development

Streamlining Teamwork

Reviewed on 2024/01/14

Pros

it's so easy to share ideas and stuff. We can edit things together as a team, and it's not a pain to find stuff. Plus, it plays nice with other tools we use. It's like our teamwork sidekick!

Cons

the learning curve with Confluence was a bit steep, and the notifications can be overwhelming. But once we got the hang of it, it became a valuable part of our workflow.

Frank
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Good knowledge managment tool

Reviewed on 2024/02/02

Pros

Easy to create and edit documents,especially for multi-users co-edit.

Cons

It changes the url when the title has been updated, you have to reshare the document url.

Rajesh Reddy

Easy to use, but need improvement in edit features

Reviewed on 2023/12/24

Pros

Easy of use and multiple project management

Cons

Edit features are not up to the other editors in the market

Powerful wiki software

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Confluence has become the place for us to collect information, across our business. We use it document our processes and policies (the access controls prove useful there), and our development teams use it on a daily basis to record the outcomes of discussions and to share knowledge.

Pros

Confluence does a good job as a tool for writing, organising and viewing all kinds of documentation.
It's fairly wiki-esque, but with a more intuitive editor for pages that should make it easier to pick up for new users that might be more familiar with, say, Microsoft Word.
As an Atlassian product, you can expect a full set of tools for managing access to different pages and areas across your organisation, making it more appropriate for enterprises than more basic wiki software that doesn't always provide the same level of control.
Another advantage is the high level of integration. 'Macros' allow users to include a variety of rich content, and are customisable. Examples of integrations include JIRA, Trello, Microsoft Office, G Suite, and more. The 'Atlassian Marketplace' can be used to find and install more macros.

Cons

Although the editor is easier to use than the markdown used by a lot of other wiki software, it can occasionally be frustrating to work with. Not all macros and formatting settings behave exactly the same, so while you'd be able to fix these issues directly in markdown, you can end up trying out a bunch of different tools before you find the one you need to achieve your goal.
As with all collections of articles, organising pages can become difficult. The software itself provides basic tools that allow you to define a structure for your pages, and these work well, but it still requires considerable discipline as your use of the software scales up.

Panagiotis
  • Industry: Media Production

Great documentation platform for both intranets and customer-facing hubs

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

The experience I had the last 9-10 years that me and my colleagues worked with Confluence is excellent.

The document editor works smoothly even from the mobile app that is offered.

There are many article templates to choose from when you start creating an article, from decision making documents to marketing strategy forms and solution focused how-to pages.

Confluence supports a lot of media types in the pages, so it's easy to create helpful articles with video, audio, images and many more like attention panels, embedded spreadsheets, etc. You can even embed the contents of one section of a page to another page, so that if you change that it reflects the change in all the pages that the section was included. Which is great for customer support and of course technical documentation.

Did I mention that you can create as many different wikis as you like? Confluence calls those "spaces" and it's a great way to keep things separated. I use different wiki spaces for my employees handbook, customer support, app manuals, design documents per project, etc. The possibilities are endless and having them separately helps with security between different roles in the company and outside of it.

Pros

Confluence, especially the new cloud version, is one of the best tools to use for documenting your knowledge-base. The best parts for me are:

- The ability to connect my articles with to-do tasks from project management (Jira from Atlassian, same company, so they work like a charm together).
- The articles I can contain any media types, from spreadsheets that I can edit in-line to videos. There are also a lot of native panels to help anybody create very stylish articles with usability.
- In-line and footer comment sections help my team discuss and develop documents all together, without losing any of the discussion history.
- The ability to also keep an internal blog. I use that to inform my colleagues for the day-to-day developments, and keep everybody on track with high ideas and management efforts.
- All of the above can be also used as a customer-facing knowledge-base, to serve your customers with documents, operation manuals and help articles. Very handy if you use it together with the service desk solution from the same company, but can also be used stand-alone too.

In general it's one of the best choices that I made when I was searching for a documentation solution for my company and my clients, back in 2010. Almost a decade passed and Confluence is still growing better and better by the time. Atlassian the company behind Confluence is now huge and offers many solutions that integrate with Confluence, making it an even better choice if you use other tools from them.

Cons

I can't find any cons to Confluence. After all there is no perfect solution, only elegant ones depending on the problem one tries to solve.

Atlassian is offering a trial period so anybody can see if Confluence is good for their company's documentation needs.

From my experience, it would be bad to start a trial before you hove some really motivated people in your team and some content to put in there. Because it would be better to test Confluence with something that you would use in your company, so that you see first hand the pros and cons while your team works with Confluence with material that is close to the true material that you would put in there.

If I was to change one thing it would be the way it recognizes internally any of the pages I create, so that Confluence doesn't have any issues with pages with same titles. That would be a nice time saver and space saver in the outline of any wiki one creates.

Microsoft SharePoint, Google Docs and Dropbox Paper

Reasons for Choosing Confluence

I made the switch from Google Docs because I wanted a more robust solution that would support a more deep infrastructure and would be easy to manage and interconnect with other project management, software development and customer-facing solutions.

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to Confluence

Confluence is far more advanced and fits our business model as a documentation and knowledge-base solution. The price is right and Atlassian seems to continuously develop new features that help us create awesome online media-rich documents for us and our clients.
Barak
Barak

For a wiki software the FREE tier is decent. If you're planning to pay there are better options

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

We've been strongly recommended by colleagues to use this software as our main Wiki. We really did test A LOT of software before, and at first we were excited about Confluence. However, after about 1 year of use we decided to drop it.

It might be suitable for big, heavy, slow by nature organizations, but not for an agile SMB that needs to operate fast to get ahead. The software is buggy, unnecessarily complex, and very restricting in nature. For our purposes using Clickup Docs, Google Sites, Notion, or any other countless simpler options proved a more sane choice.

Hoping Confluence will improve the software, because there's lots of potential. However, with the current limitations we don't see ourselves giving it another chance.

Pros

The software provides a rather generous free tier. The search capabilities are quite good, and there are many page formatting options, which makes it quite a good Wiki software potentially. However, the bugs and shortcomings of this software renders it rather unusable for us.

Cons

The software is VERY buggy, tends to crash unexpectedly (we tested it on strong machines, across users and browsers). It takes FOREVER to login. Getting to your Wiki takes lots of unnecessary clicks. What's worst is that each page must hold a unique names, so if for example you plan to create several page structures (with subpages and so on) with similar names, forget about it. It's due to the legacy architectural structure of the software, and can't be easily changed. Unfortunately, that what makes it fall behind. We dropped it for favor of modern alternatives.

Melissa
Melissa
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

So far, it is the best tool for teamwork

Reviewed on 2022/05/29

With the help of confluence, we're able to work together on our project even though our team members are located all over the world and come from a wide range of backgrounds. As a result, all of the project's information may be stored in a single location, making it convenient for everyone involved. This is a huge time-saver.

Pros

Confluence provides a safe method for sharing knowledge and working on projects among team members. The main business, Atlassian, provides a wide range of reliable plugins. Because everyone on the team can make changes to the document repository and see when and who made them, this is one of the finest features of confluence's document sharing and management system.

Cons

Many plugins are available, and it might be difficult to pick the ideal one for our purposes. This takes up a lot of time. The guidelines are typically adequate.

Federico
Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great product for a Small / Medium Bussiness

Reviewed on 2022/07/07

My experience using Confluence is great, we stopped having several places to store the same information or share results, now we share everything in one place.

Pros

Allows to have one single place for all the company's documentation, this reduces efforts and allow an easy more controlled data sharing. We have very interesting possibilities with other collaboration tools. It is very easy to use, just type, tag and share. Just like using any social network.

Cons

Even though this is a very easy to use tool, sometimes the navigation is not so easy to understand. Users cannot see edits in a document in real time like Docs in Google Drive. Lastly, some formatting options are quite basic, a little or more options would be appreciated.

Great Tool for Content Organization and Management

Reviewed on 2023/01/15

We have been using Confluence as a main software for content management. We use it for all our project related documentation like high level business requirements, enhancement requests, technical specs, meeting notes, project roadmaps etc. It seamlessly integrates with JIRA, which makes it such a great tool to be used by AGILE teams. Overall, Confluence is a very robust and powerful tool and it provides a central place for all your documentation.

Pros

Confluence is a great tool for having all your documentation and knowledge in one place. You can create wiki pages for each topic and group these pages under 'Spaces'. Multiple team members can work on one page simultaneously. It captures a detailed audit trail on the changes made at a page level. You can have strong control on the content publishing by defining a robust review and approval process. It has a robust search functionality and it seamlessly integrates with JIRA, MS Teams and other third party tools.

Cons

One major issue with Confluence is that when multiple people are working on one page simultaneously, then you need to refresh the page in order to see the changes made by others. Also, the access control can be complex and glitchy sometimes.I would love if the user interface for Confluence is improved.

Brandon
Brandon
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Confluence helps my company collaborate and share knowledge

Reviewed on 2023/09/30

My team is able to save, organize, and share papers in one convenient spot thanks to the superb document management tools that come standard in Confluence. Because of this, my team is now able to seamlessly integrate internal collaboration methods into our day-to-day operations by having instantaneous access to all relevant project documents and information.

Pros

Excellent program for group work and information exchange. It comes with more than a hundred different layouts to choose from. Access controls are provided, and team members can easily connect with one another. It's an excellent resource for building and managing a database of how-to guides to be distributed to clients. It's also great because it works in tandem with other attlassian applications, such as JIRA.

Cons

Unless one is familiar with the relevant duties, I find the administrative side to be a bit of a hassle. Limitations in personalization and usability in document format selection make it difficult to create documents in specific ways.

Confluence for Team collaboration

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

My overall business experience is great. Earlier team was sharing project content via emails that is a clumsy way to mamage and store the information, but as more and more people are using confluence it has become a repository and one stop shop to put knowledge at one palce which can be referred as and when needed. This is a great tool and a game changer for how we manage our collaboration within team for the project under Agile way

Pros

The best part about this software is the close integration with JIRA software. This is in real competition with Sharepoint as far as my understanding goes and I am an admin user for multiple scrum teams in my organization. Confluence in its own way is by far the easiest user-friendly software that I introduced in my team that was new to the agile world and now all our collaboration and communication on the process and tech document standpoint happens on Confluence.

The comment section and different macros that can be added for adding content on a page and tree structure for pages created give this tool the edge and flexibility for teams to create the format that best suits to specific scrum team needs

The technical document and usage of code snippet macro are very useful add-ons that have been given for formatting the content.

from the project management standpoint, the product backlog and release planning can be done simply by adding JIRA tickets and their specific status that automatically is being fetched by confluence every time page is opened.

The other most important feature is the ability to create JIRA tickets directly from the confluence page just select the text and then Confluence will give an option to create JIRA ticket and gets linked

The reporting macros for JIRA tickets is a good way to track progress of projects

Cons

At an enterprise level, there are few web designing that is required to be done so that content that is already there can be structured in a much more web design format like links to confluence pages to be embedded in an image. That option is available but to central Admin and not to the page admin that makes confluence little crunched to admin users within a project. But this negative point is a very small piece in comparison to positives with this application.

Helpful Tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

Overall I would recommend using Confluence, but would caution people on how they rollout the new platform to their company. Ensuring that the expectations are communicated clearly for how the platform will be used, by whom and the frequency, are very helpful things to communicate when preparing your team to switch.

Pros

The interactive features of Confluence serves as the best feature and function of this platform! Our organization is relatively small (20-30 employees) and is a Foundation that interacts with other nonprofits in the area. As a result we had many touch points in the community through various teams and often time what we were doing would get lost. In an effort to improve our internal communication our organization adopted Confluence as a means of servicing our company. We used the blog feature heavily which proved to be the best method of communication internally and cut down on the amount of emails adding to the clutter in our inboxes. It also allowed discussions to happen seamlessly and served as a point of reference for folks to easily access when needed.

Cons

It wasn't always very user friendly. Our organization consists of a variety of ages, so the way that people have engaged with technology is also varied. There are times that adding spaces or pages have proved to be a challenge for those who don't consider themselves as "technologically savvy". There was a bit of a learning curve for me in learning to how to use the software, but the customer support team was helpful in walking me through difficulties. The mobile function also wasn't the best depending on how users have different spaces setup.

Praveen
Praveen
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

I highly recommend this product for all corporate companies.

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Overall I'm very happy with this product, without confluence it's impossible to maintain the knowledge article in our team.
It helps everyone across the team. Thanks to the confluence team for such a wonderful product.

Pros

It comes with rich features, below are a few features which I personally liked:

1. Documentation: When there are some important knowledge articles that need to be shared with the team, we use this tool. It comes with multiple options to make the page feels catchy and rich, it also allows us to attach the images.

2. Search Functionality: When there are 1000s of confluence pages, and if I want to access the page containing a specific word or a line, the search engine works like a champ it finds the pages almost immediately, this feature really helps me in easing my office work.

3. It displays the name of the person who had created the page and last modified person name, this helps to know whom to reach out to when we need additional info pertaining to the details as written on the page. And if required we can add the approvals, thus whenever someone edits the document without your consent changes won't reflect others until you approve the updates.

4. Like and Comments: Similar to social media, readers can either hit like if they like the content or they can mention their feedback in the comment section, this feature really helped me while suggesting something to the author or express my thanks via a LIKE.

Cons

There should've been an option to keep the page in draft before publishing it. But unfortunately, there is no such feature in confluence.
Apart from this, I didn't find any other flaws in the software.

Aleksandr
Aleksandr
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Wouldn't recommend at the moment, but things may quickly change.

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

It was good. Not it is just too big and heavy even for a big companies.
May be the root of this...

It was good. Not it is just too big and heavy even for a big companies.
May be the root of this impression is that Confluence doesn't feel as a seamless system. May be this is because there a different application for different tasks and while this is exactly what you expect using a tool per task, this is somehow plays against Confluence.
On the bright side, this is a part of a bigger ecosystem, it is reliable, it has nice support, it is constantly changes to good.
May be because it is pricy.
Overall, I'd never get back to it, though Jira is still one of the best tools out there.

Pros

It is somewhat hard to speak about Confluence pros without constantly resorting to integration with other Atlassian products.
Confluence was a first haven for a lot of companies and developers, it is safe to say that most of us started their meeting with information systems world with Confluence.
It offers some sort if hierarchy for documents, crossreferences, editing. Confluence is offers a number of connectors to other products, and what is of most importance here is that confluence has a set of tools to build statistical data into user-friendly representation.
Confluence is a part of Atlassian ecosystem and this is something to keep in mind, because this is the direction developers are pushing you.
Confluence may be deployed on premises which is a significant distinction from many other products. It is costly but there is a comprehensive set of documentation, reliable techsupport.
Confluence is a handy management tool for it is capable of collecting, digesting and representing a data from various sources. Say, you may render server status page, Jira's taks flow, gantt diagram and all of them will be live.
Confluence is quite reliable system and I can not say I can remember a single bug while using it.
Mobile and desktop apps for the most platform are there.
It has notification, chats, email listings etc.

Cons

To start with it is pricy.
It is slow. The editor is hugely outdated.
It pushes you toward other Atlassian products and while the ecosystem itself is not bad, this is not something you'd want these days. Basically, it represents too much of vendor lock and there are a lot of much better substitutions.
And the overall design is stuck in 2010. It is heavy, leak, slow. User paths through different usage scenarios could use a hand of able UI designer.

Charles
Charles
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Good software, but not quite GREAT software.

Reviewed on 2022/04/04

We needed a document/knowledge depository. We ended up using Confluence for Knowledge Depository, it had too many limitations and too expensive to integration to use for Document Management. It did the job for knowledge management, but was very similar in features and functionality to other products that do this as well. We tried to adapt it for Customer Success management and meeting note taking but many users found it too difficult to use it regularly and it became shelf ware for this purpose.

Pros

I like the version control features of Confluence, it's very easy to use and visibly see changes. Being able to build account dashboards with tasks from various business reviews was also a nice feature though had some limitations.

Cons

The bullets formatting can be very frustrating and acts very strange sometimes. Confusing sign-in credentials for SSO when used with JIRA.

Google Sheets

Notion

Reasons for Switching to Confluence

More features and customizability.
Lautaro
Lautaro
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Confluence: A Comprehensive Collaboration and Knowledge Management Tool

Reviewed on 2023/05/06

In summary, Confluence is an excellent collaboration and knowledge management tool for teams of all sizes and industries. Its range of features, intuitive user interface, and seamless integrations with other Atlassian tools make it a versatile platform for creating, sharing, and organizing content. While it may have some drawbacks, its strengths make it a valuable asset to any team looking to improve their collaboration and knowledge management efforts.

Pros

Confluence is an enterprise-grade collaboration and knowledge management tool developed by Atlassian. It is a web-based platform that enables teams to work together seamlessly, share information, and create and store content in a centralized location.One of the most significant advantages of Confluence is its versatility. It can be used by different teams in various industries, including software development, marketing, project management, human resources, and customer support. The platform provides teams with a range of features to create, share, and organize content, including pages, blogs, comments, templates, and macros.One of the key benefits of Confluence is its intuitive user interface, making it easy to use and learn. It has a WYSIWYG editor that enables teams to create rich content with ease, and the platform is highly customizable, allowing teams to tailor it to their specific needs.Confluence also integrates with various other Atlassian tools, including Jira, Trello, and Bitbucket, which allows for seamless collaboration across different teams and departments. The platform also offers various add-ons and integrations with third-party tools, further expanding its functionality..

Cons

However, like any software, Confluence has its drawbacks. The platform can be slow at times, and its pricing may not be affordable for small businesses or startups. Additionally, while Confluence's search functionality is powerful, it can be challenging to navigate, making it difficult to find specific content.

Laurence
Laurence
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very efficient tool for team collaboration and having a centralized workspace.

Reviewed on 2023/08/06

Since the adoption of Confluence, our departments have communicated more efficiently, and file sharing and feedback have made project management easier. It is more helpful for me to open up the criteria and duties for each environment to simply perform and manage on a platform like Confluence with a lot of security. Whatever papers we want to share/create throughout the company, they will assist us, and if we want to share something outside of it, it has the option to export as PDF, so we don't have to allow third party access.

Pros

Atlassian has created a really well-designed solution that allows teams to share information in a single workspace. The user interface is simple to use not only for users but also for administrators; the program is simple to use and versatile for users. Templates allow you to write papers more faster, exchange comments, track progress, establish deadlines, and manage files smoothly. Confluence is highly beneficial for maintaining notes and modules for a very specific environment, and it is the most secure way to get the rights required to acquire that correct document, as well as the easiest way to manage the work accordingly and quickly share.

Cons

Confluence, in my opinion, needs a better way to search, and it has recently become a little slower for regular usage. When we try to move to other Confluence-like systems, it takes a long time to export our files, regardless of whether we use HTML/PDF or XML, thus if this improves, consumers will benefit greatly. Confluence may be sluggish and complicated when switching between pages and contexts; it would be preferable to have some type of option to make it easier to use and comprehend.

Anna
Anna
  • Industry: Legal Services

Awesome

Reviewed on 2016/01/21

Company: Midsize
Industry: Legal
Documentation is my bread & butter and I have never used a better...

Company: Midsize
Industry: Legal
Documentation is my bread & butter and I have never used a better solution than Confluence. I also use JIRA and JIRA Service Desk, which taken all together amount to a mostly-seamless solution for all of my documentation needs!

Pros

With Confluence we have an environment that is very efficient to work in to add new content, very easy to update articles and manage file attachments. The keyboard shortcuts are second to none. It is an absolute pleasure to work in Confluence all day. Setting up spaces for various audiences, including a "personal space" allows me to draft documents privately and then move the document over into a space with an audience. Effectively I can "publish" content to employees with a couple of mouse clicks.

Permissions are very well thought out. The permission scheme is based on spaces, individuals and groups, with flexibility from super-locked-down to wide open on the public internet. It allows control of various actions per person or per group, and affords us maximum utility of the product. People within the business are dreaming up different ways to use it faster than we can implement them.

As with any full-featured system that allows you total control as an administrator, successful use of the product requires that you lay out your business requirements clearly first so that there are no unexpected outcomes. Establishing best practices for content creators within the system is also advisable.

I have used other systems in the past, notably MediaWiki and SharePoint, and while I enjoyed them at the time, Confluence blows everything else out of the water. The control and flexibility is unparalleled and the product has obviously been designed for use in environments where project priorities, staff hierarchies, etc can experience rapid significant change.

I also highly recommend the Atlassian sister product JIRA and add-on JIRA Service Desk for task based work management. It is incredibly useful.

Cons

With great power comes great responsibility and great potential to make an absolute mess of things. Deployment of this tool to a large user base would require some serious preparation to establish access schemes, permissions for user groups, best practices for editing and creating new content, and organizing content within the spaces. End user training is critical to cement those rules and establish a culture around using it effectively. I would not recommend deploying this tool in a slapdash hurry (Although, given it's innate flexibility, it would be easier to correct it later with Confluence than some of its competitors!)