Egnyte

Enterprise file sharing & content governance

Andrei
Andrei
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Egnyte is a does it all software with security being its strong point.

Reviewed on 2022/12/09

Egnyte has a very strong security, but it also offers other features at the same time, and they do work very well. I would recommend Egnyte for big companies who what a document management software with strong security.

Pros

The encryption and key management are the best ones in the sector.

Cons

Egnyte appears to be made only for big companies.

Box
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

We couldn't work without it

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Previously we were using a physical server and when we started with Egnyte years ago "the Cloud" wasn't as big as it is now. From the start it was obvious that this was a superior way of having a server that we have never looked back.

Pros

Is everything an acceptable response?
Easy to setup - easy to use
Plugin for Outlook - can create download links to send entire folders
Can setup either as something that syncs a specific file(s) to the Egnyte server or have direct access to the server (depending on the user one is better then the other).
Mobile apps for both iOS and Andriod - everyone has access to all their files from anywhere they have data coverage or Wi-Fi
Their tech support is top notch, always responds same day.

Cons

I have yet to find a con. I guess there are free options available (Google Drive and OneDrive) but the free options are very limited so you'll have to eventually buy a plan anyways.

James
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Egnyte Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

My experience with Egnyte hasn't been too good but that may be because our Document Control department do not know how to utilize it. I received construction plans this week for work that was already completed last summer.

Pros

Good way to distribute construction plans to all team members and subcontractors.

Cons

Our Document Control department takes too long to distribute the plans through Egnyte. I do not know if that is Egnyte's fault though.

Engyte is the perfect platform to store your work in the cloud

Reviewed on 2018/04/14

Pros

This software ends with the big file sharing issues by storing all your work files in the cloud.
This comes with the benefit of keeping your computer clean and light.
Also, sharing files among coworkers is made easy by using short links. You can specify the type of permissions you want for a given folder so that you can make it available only to a particular group of people, for example. This is useful when sensitive content is being shared.
Another great functionality, if you work with vendors, is you can provide them with a link that will just allow them to drop files while they won't be able to see or modify its contents.

Cons

- While having everything in the cloud is great you need to account for time spent downloading and uploading content, which can be a lot depending on your Internet connection.

Nik
  • Industry: Hospitality

Nice platform with good management tools

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

The ability to share information with the team as well as outsiders is the biggest reason we use Egnyte. There is plenty of storage on the lower-end plans.

Pros

I use the previous version functionality once in awhile, but when I need it, it's invaluable! Also, I like the notifications on folder changes to keep me up to date without checking in.

Cons

I don't have a ton of cons to add, but I will say not all filetypes preview, but most do. The only thing we've had issues with is the desktop sync, but it wasn't anything major and was quickly addressed by the support team.

Cao-Quy

Still missing key features but overall pretty good

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

Customer support answers in a timely manner, features keep getting added, feature request that you asked for will get added in the future sometimes, syncing local NAS drives to the cloud, versioning of files and restoring of files.

Cons

Sometimes features that you request will get ignored, navigating through the website is slow, common sense features like deleting multiple links are left out. The trash bin is very slow response, deleting shared links is very tedious, user run reports are out dated.

Linda
Linda

Powerful and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Very useful, easy to use, lots of features (I haven't figured out how to use them all yet).

Pros

Egnyte keeps track of everything. All our contacts, deals and activities are all inn one place sp everyone knows what is going on with every client and deal

Cons

It can be slow loading sometimes (probably because we have so much data in there). I don't care for the email feature, so I linked my email to Egnyte. It works seamlessly

Keith

Best hybrid storage solution

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Use it daily as my primary file server.

Use it daily as my primary file server.

Pros

Hybrid solution of cloud with local storage and sync. Best for companies that rely on local files instantly synced to cloud. Microsoft server support, NAS support, desktop sync with all the permission and rules from AD or Egnyte.

Cons

Price and mobile tools/ apps. iOS app not as full featured as competitors. Slow to build relationships with other apps and software.

Lee
Lee
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Very Capable Software for Document Security and Sharing

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Great!

Great!

Pros

Very robust software for storing documents in the cloud. Allows everyone to access latest versions. Favorite aspect is the ability to share files and be notified when and where they are opened from. It's also nice to have version history for files. Lastly, having desktop file access makes using very seamless. It's just like using your regular (C:) drive.

Cons

Sharing capability has to be done through the online site. It would be nice to be able to get a sharing link straight from the desktop file system.

Anya
Anya
  • Industry: Machinery

Cloud Software Great for Collaboration

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Great for our smaller office solution to keep a lot of files organized between many users, probably good for large offices too, has a very functional phone app for adding pictures or viewing files on the go.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to track who is working on what, it provides a way to email out of company large file links to download from.

Cons

I don't think I have any complaints with this software. The issues

Rikke

Drive software for corporate business

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

I'm happy with Egnyte and I feel like my work can be stored here in a safe and reliable way. The speed of file transfers are pretty good and I like the flexibility and applications there's available.

Pros

Great software and portal for file and file-sharing. I have the option to use Egnyte in my browser, as a drive on my PC or as automatic desktop backup. All options can also work together. The structure of files can be made as you like and the sharing options are great. You can edit files in your browser or open and edit in your desktop client. The sharing options are great and you can customize what people should be able to see or do. Clients can get access to specific folders etc.

Cons

It takes some time to learn how to use it due to the many options. I think it is a learning curve that's worth using time on. Egnyte cannot handle large files which is annoying as a designer. Inherited permissions can become a bit of a mess and there's not really any easy way to make it better. Reporting could also be improved.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/06/11

It's been great. I'm currently leaving the company I'm at now and I hope they use this as the file storage and sharing service.

Pros

It's just easy. I need to access files and be able to send them off to coworkers and clients easily. This software allows me to access files from my computer, the website, and an app. I can share links to secure files with an expiration date to access and/or a password. I think the sharing is a lot easier than something like Google Drive. You can also easily see who has last touched a file and restore files that might have been accidentally deleted.

Cons

The search definitely has room for improvement. I wish there was a feature where you could ask the Admin of the software for access to something directly.

Egnyte

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

The ease of use, accesability to files from any network, super easy to transfer files to anyone via a link so that emails don't get bogged down. I'd say my favorite feature is the outlook add-in that lets me upload and share my large media files.

Cons

At first, I didn't like the desktop sync because it confused a lot of users in my office and created double storage caches of files. However, they switched to egnyte connect and I believe these problems were solved.

Saad

Easy and Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Overall the experience has been great. Has improved workplace efficiency and collaboration tremendously.

Pros

Remote access to work server files make working on the go a breeze. I can access anything from anywhere so that I can have all the information I need even when on client meetings.

Cons

It can get a little getting used to at first. You no longer will store files on your desktop or folders but rather within a folder in Egnyte.

• Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Excellent for small company with several remote workers

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Our switch to Egnyte was a great decision and would recommend any other company to do the same.

Pros

We have several remote workers in our company, and this allows everyone to access the same folders. Easily downloads and syncs onto your computer. We switched to Egnyte after our server was dying, and this proved to be an affordable, secure solution to our digital files. It's easy to customized access to different users, allowing for private HR and accounting files.

Cons

If you are accessing from the website (rather than downloading), it can be slow. It defaults to sending everyone in the company a ton of emails, which can easily be turned off but can be annoying at first.

Don

Great cloud storage option

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

Easy access to files from anywhere. Love the access history feature which shows who is accessing your files. Easily grant different types of access, ie read only.

Cons

Unless your users keep up with software updates, access to updated files goes away. This proves troublesome for companies with less tech savvy employees.

H P
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Use this product all day and have not had any problems

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Downloading .tiff files

Downloading .tiff files

Pros

Unlimited file size. We use a lot of .tiff files and Egnyte works great for them. The ability to access files and data from any computer is super convenient for our company since we use a lot of different machines.

Cons

Sometimes it appears data is missing and you have to go back and try again from previous file folders which is not a problem, it is just confusing sometimes. Not a big deal.

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Egnyte: great cloud based file storage solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

Pros

First thing I like about Egnyte is the simplicity and ease of use. It's very easy to use straight out of the box and doesn't take a lot of time to get used to.
I also like how easy it is to share files externally with clients by simply sending them a link.
Another thing is the fast syncing. It's so fast that files i upload into a shared folder becomes available to others in seconds.

Cons

I think the user interface needs to be updated as it looks rather dated.
Another issue is that support seems to be sluggish the few times I've contacted them.

Judy
Judy

Cloud Data Syncing software

Reviewed on 2023/02/20

Pros

Simple settings and plugins.Cloud Data synchronisation and large file sharing.Visual edition.Cloud Data storage and maximum encryption.

Cons

If I were to reward cloud Data management vendors, I would undoubtedly reward egnyte.

Zachary
Zachary
  • Industry: Accounting

Egnyte Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

This product allows my clients to send me large files with great ease. I prefer its functionality to SharePoint or Dropbox because its interface is more user-friendly and the ability to download multiple folders to a single zip folder is very convenient.

Cons

My clients have encountered a few problems on the uploading end that have required uploading an item more than once.

Jerry
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Egnyte is very good, but it could be great.

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

No complaints here. They've always been responsive, courteous, and professional.

Pros

Ease of setup.
Ease of use.
Quasi-Explorer-type interface feels familiar to clients.

Cons

The permissions need more granularity. Specifically, there needs to be a way to create virtual collections of documents, and then selectively share those virtual buckets with clients.

Simple file sharing with governance capabilities

Reviewed on 2019/02/02

Pros

The software is as easy to use as things that Dropbox and Google Drive, but provides additional capabilities for advanced users, such as FTP access where necessary.

Cons

So far I haven't really encountered any issues apart from not having a Linux based sync client.

• Industry: Law Practice

Easy Access Anywhere

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

There are still a lot of features I haven't event started to use, so it is really exciting what possibilities are available.

Pros

I love that I can access documents I need anywhere -- we moved from an onsite server that required a VPN to access off-site and which was slow and not very useful, to Egnyte which allows my to grab documents from my phone and is so much more efficient.

Cons

Sorting documents is a bit lacking sometimes when I want to simply search for the most recent document of any file time within a number of subfolders. There is no real good way to do this at this time.

Derek
Derek
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Egnyte was a game changer for our company!

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Being able to collaborate and share our files all in one place will save our team and company countless hour / even days from sending and searching for files like we used to do in the past. Time is money!!

Pros

Working with large teams and large files, Egnyte was the thing we were always missing. The ability to access and control collaborative files across our team has streamlined our entire process. The ability to integrate numerous app already in place in our company is what put this over the top.

Cons

It may be very pricey for the average team, but at the enterprise level, it is highly recommended.

Abhijeet
Abhijeet
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Share your heavy files by egnyte

Reviewed on 2022/12/18

Password protection of your file is too good for security of a file.

Password protection of your file is too good for security of a file.

Pros

We can share a heavy file that can not be shared by email.We can lock this file by password and share the password a particular one.

Cons

Mobile view can be modified and meet the expectations.