5 238 reviews
Industry: Information Technology & Services

An Awesome Website Builder

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/12/29

I use wix to build my business website. Considering that it is free to use, I didn't have to spend any budget to get my business website done. I also didn't have to pay website developers as all I needed to get things done were available on the Wix platform.

Pros

Wix is a drag and drop website builder. There are many reasons for which I love Wix, among them include:

1. Free to Use: Wix is a free to use website builder. It is one of the most widely used Content Management Systems (CMS). Despite the fact that Wix is a free software, it can be used to build a stunning website.

2. Free domain name and free hosting: Wix provides users with a free domain name, and also a free hosting on which to build their desired websites.

3. Availability of templates: Wix have templates available, and I only had to choose a desired template to get started.

4. Easy learning curve: I'm tempted to say that Wix have no, or a straight (linear) learning curve as one can get started immediately after creating an account on Wix. This was amazing for me.

5. Availability of sections: Wix webpages can be built in sections. This make it easy to design and edit a page.

6. Responsiveness: Wix pages are mobile responsive. By this I never had to bother about how to make my website responsive for visitors who are using mobile devices to access it. Wix automatically creates a mobile responsive version, and the final outlook of a page on mobile can be previewed while still designing the page.

Cons

It's very hard to point out anything I don't like about Wix. All the while I've been using Wix, it'd been a pleasurable experience.

The only problem I have with Wix is the cost of the premium version. I consider the premium version to be expensive for a beginner who is looking to operate on a lean budget.

Jude M.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Create Design presence with WIX

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/09/14

I wanted to have an economical site in which clients could see my work. WIX provides this without taking the financial obligation. After Covid, I see remote working as being the norm in the apparel industry. Iam seriously considering opting for the premium plan to garner more business. I am impressed with how they continue to evolve the platform and integrate other platforms for a seamless way of working

Pros

I set up my WIX account 5 years ago. While I am in the design field my main focus is on apparel design not web development. I am happy that I do not need to have coding skills to set up my website and have maintained the site with minimal effort. Creating the site from scratch is challenging at first because you have to get accustomed to how the tools work. After, the platform is relatively easy to navigate and easy to update withnew design work. I send clients a link where they can easily navigate the tabs on the site and see the various product categories I design. I am very happy with the overall look and appearance. Now that we are working remotely I am romancing the idea of paying for account vs. for free. When you have a free account you have the WIX banner on your site. WIX also provides you with analytics so you can see how well your site is doing and provides you with both links and services to boost your visibilty.

Cons

I have been using WIX at a minimum without converting to a paying customer, it's been ok to present time but with remote working on the rise I feel I will need to add the premium service. I still haven't ordered since I am comparing which software product will provide the most for money. While $15 doesn't seem a lot, as a freelancer, all the applications I use start to add up.

Alita D.
Industry: Construction

Perfect for novices and template users

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

For a fast simple easy website Wix is a great option. If you are looking to customize, create your own theme or move your website to another host then Wix is not for you.

Pros

Wix is very simple to set up and implement. You don't need to have any special training or skills to set up a website using Wix.

Cons

Customization is nearly impossible as is transferring your website to another host. With Wix, you are locked into themes and to their hosting packages. If you build your website with Wix it is staying with Wix.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

John L.
Industry: Consumer Services

Easley Create a Quality Website For Free!

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

I easily created a website for my business using Wix.

I am a computer technician, but I am not able to write one line of code and certainly have no clue how to create a website from scratch or even use WordPress to create a website.

I desperately needed a website for my business (a service industry) but I did not want to hire someone simply because of the cost.

I discovered Wix, opened a free account and created an excellent website in a very reasonable time frame.
(I use the free version and still receive lots of traffic and customer responses)

That was approximately 5 years ago.
Wix has recently upgraded there website format to a more modern interface.
With just a few clicks your website is upgraded to a better look and feel, at no additional charge to you.

If you want to use the premium version, you can get your own domain etc. at a very reasonable price.

I highly recommend Wix if you want to develop your own website and avoid the high cost of having another company do it for you.

-John Lawrence
Reliable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
(Moncton, N.B. Canada)

Pros

Absolutely easy to use and very easy to edit if necessary.

I also love that the free version has generated a lot of business for my company.

Nothing to lose in my opinion!

Cons

There was not one thing I did not like about this product.

Perhaps if they created my website for me it would be perfect.
(Just Kidding)

Sandesh B.
Industry: Entertainment

Website in minutes

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

I had the best experience with Wix. I am building an e-commerce store for document preparation and will launch soon. But till now I have seen Wix being so friendly and easy to use. I had an awesome experience in building my portfolio and website with Wix.

I would highly recommend this website builder to a beginner friend of mine!! Without a miss!!

Pros

I love the build of this platform. First of all, they offer built-in hosting services which reduces the hiccups of external domination of other hosting services. Second, they provide custom email ID which boosts our business and portfolio.

They have an amazing workflow for creating portfolio, blog, e-commerce website and much more. The e-commerce platform they have is so secured and the payment gateways are so much optimised to be mobile-friendly and user friendly. So there will be no fear of getting hacked or bankrupt (of online stores).

Their portfolio options are so good. Above all, after the creation of any form of website, they provide a strong hosting service [third parties are not allowed - which is more trustworthy about Wix]. They provide a mail base to keep up with our business or manage website.

Wix can be upgraded at a much affordable cost compared to other websites. It requires no coding experience, which I love the most! All these are the facts which I love about Wix.

Cons

There are not much points which I like the least about Wix but I do have one issue about their domain subscriptions. It is always good to buy domains from other domain registries but not preferably from Wix.

Because wix may give customized web domains but the pricing may increase at any point of time and inevitably we have to pay that. No fixed price for purchased domains.

Ko-ko O.
Industry: Graphic Design

Professional Website for the Small Entrepreneur

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

I have enjoyed using the Wix platform to create and manage my business website. I have also used it to design websites for my clients. The platform has a variety of features that can give any website a professional look and feel. The accompanying mobile app has helped me quickly respond to inquiries left on my website by prospective clients. The app also has the added feature of letting me know when someone is on my website and what part of the county they are browsing from. I have recommended Wix to many of my colleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Wix makes it easy to have a beautiful, professional website without any coding experience. Using this software I was able to create an online portfolio to showcase my graphic design work. I have received compliments from many clients and prospects on the aesthetic and professionalism of my website.

Cons

I did notice that the website editor can get a bit slow and glitchy if you do not refresh the page often while working on your website. Also, the monthly subscription price point is a bit high, but considerable savings can be achieved with an annual subscription, especially when there is a sale.

Industry: Retail

User Friendly Product!

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Overall, Wix is my favorite web page. As someone who doesn't know HTML and CSS, Wix makes creating a customizable and unique site easy. The stock photos are also a great touch and add sophistication to any website.

Pros

I love how the themes were so easily customizable! I've used dozens of web developers but Wix is easily my favorite. You can select a theme from a catalog of beautifully designed themes and add/remove whatever you want. The designers made developing a beautiful, original, and personalized site easy and effortless. The stock photos made available are also awesome!

Cons

I don't have much to complain about. But if I had to something, I would say what I like least about this software is the how difficult it is to undo progress from previous sessions. I wish I could reload older versions of my webpage.

Tom M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Drag & Drop Ease

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Pros

Wix is setup that "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) which makes it very easy to design and create your website. If you do run into a problem they have an outstanding customer service process that you go to a website to try to solve it. If you can't you can chat or request a return call (no waiting on hold).

Cons

The forms could be a little more customizable.

Company size: Self Employed

I started a blog on Wix with my friends!

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

A lot of fun and great for people who need a way to create their vision into a website!

Pros

Wix is an amazing, creative website that gives you a lot of freedom to customize your website if you don’t have any skills with coding! For one of my friend’s birthdays, I gifted our friend group with a blog that we were dreaming of starting together. There are many great looking templates that Wix provides and I had a lot of fun customizing the right one to fit the look we were looking for!

Cons

When my friends logged on to contribute to posting on our blog, we discovered that the blog portion of Wix is very buggy. We had some of our posts disappear on us so we started typing up our posts in Notes and transferring them over right before the posts were supposed to be submitted.

Prabhav B.
Industry: Financial Services

A Best software to your Business to go online

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Pros

The software is free for as many time you use, very user friendly and has got good themes for your website to design. And I can say this is the best tool for beginners and you don't need to be a tech guy to run your store.

Cons

There is nothing least feature I figured out with wix

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

An easy, intuitive website creation tool for amateurs.

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

Great, intuative way of creating a webpage, which is what we needed in our case. As a small NGO we wish we could have received more support from Wix regarding hosting costs, however, regardless of the pricing, I do believe that this is one of the best products to use without learning how to code.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use WIX to create your website as someone who does not have a background in web-development. The drag and drop system that they use are great and intuitive, it takes less than a week to create a full-fledged website that is easily usable and easily editable. Moreover, it was important in our case that volunteers in our NGO could make easy changes of the website. In other words, that we could transfer the administration to new users flawlessly.

Cons

Firstly, after launching and using it for a year, we realised that the pricing is quite high and it got higher after our first year, which came a bit of a surprise to us. Moreover, by having a simple and easy to use interface, we were missing out on some features. However as the key qualities for us were ease of use, we kept the software regardless of it's cons.

Jeff M.

Wix - the Solution for Ease of Web Launches

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/23

If I were a small business looking for a simple, easy to manage website that just needs to highlight the top information of my business in a slick and creative way then Wix would be my solution. Wix is built for spinning up a cool site asap at a reasonable cost. Very impressive for the swim lane they play in.

Pros

Incredibly easy to start and set up an account and get designing. Wix is a breeze to work with and the design/template options are outstanding and professional. A simple site looks like a work of art in a short amount of time. It's definitely not for everyone but for personal or small business (nion-ecomm) sites Wix is a great solution.

Cons

This is not a platform if you need multiple or heavy integrations of ecomm, erp, APIs. Wix is definitely of value for small business. It also has a reoccurring subscription plan so we're tied into that monthly cost but it's well worth it.

Eli M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

Pros

The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

Cons

There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

Navia B.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Get your site the way you want it !

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

I have been using Wix since I was a kid to build fun websites and blogs and at the tender age of 23, I can say my opinion still stands and I absolutely love Wix. I will always recommend this to anyone starting out and would like to personalize their site to their liking without dishing out a bunch of money. I have not had any issues thus far using the software and I have been using it for well over 10 years.

Pros

If you have never dabbled in website or graphic design, Wix provides you with all of the tools you would ever need to successfully build and launch a website. You do not need to have a background in web design to accomplish the look of a professionally built site. Over the years I have built many sites and the feedback I would get is all courtesy of the easy to use built in website design tools. I have gotten so many people especially older and less tech savvy to build their site via Wix and they absolutely love it. There are so many features, even a feature to create your own personal logo for FREE; yes for free. Wix provides options for all levels of businesses so you can access all of the design features for free with certain exceptions. But as beginner anything you would need to build a site is 100% free and easy to use.

Cons

I wish Wix would add additional monthly plan options. I feel as though that as a beginner the free option suffices but I would like to pay for the additional features on a need to basis versus paying for an entire plan with features I do not care to use. This is not a major con but it is my least liked feature of this software.

Caleb W.
Industry: Research
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Ranges from "good" to "superb", depending on use case

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Overall a great experience. Wix excels in creating visually stunning websites with ease. It is featureful and intuitive.

One's experience does depend on the use case, however. Wix seems to be optimally configured for the artist-type: photographers, musicians, fashion/lifestyle bloggers, etc. It is less optimal for the "techie-type", e.g., programmers, engineers, mathematicians, etc. It is still pretty good in the latter cases, but I'd probably only recommend 7/10 for "techies". On the other hand, if you're an artist-type and fit squarely within the provided templates, then I would 10/10 recommend.

Pros

With Wix, it is fast and easy to create a visually compelling website. Coding skills or previous web design experience are not required.

You start out by choosing a template specific to your needs (e.g., blogging, business site, photography, CV/portfolio, and others). The templates are high quality and there appears to be a wide selection. Once you make a selection, you enter the web editor and can start customizing the default elements ("Elements" here refers to things like text boxes, headers, backgrounds, embedded media, widgets, etc.) You can also add your own elements. All of this is done with intuitive graphical controls, no coding necessary.

If I recall correctly, the process of custom domain registration was not difficult; they guide you through the steps. Or you can use a provided Wix domain for no additional cost. Whatever the specifics, I remember it being any easy process. They host your website on their own servers, so you don't have to worry about that part either.

Cons

The graphical user interface is slow. This may be unavoidable given the nuts and bolts happening behind the scenes while you move around and edit elements. But it definitely is annoying.

Sometimes the graphical interface does not do exactly what you want -- simple examples being the exact positioning of elements and rendering of text or images. It also may be difficult to customize outside the bounds of the provided templates, e.g., I could not find an easy way to display math equations. There appears to be a "Dev Mode" where you can configure the nuts and bolts of the underlying code, but I have not tried this.

Finally, the pricing seemed expensive for personal use, e.g., if you are a student just trying to set up a CV/portfolio site.

Diogo S.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

It helped me to build a pro looking website

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

It helped me to step up and build a pro looking website. After a couple of years of use, I found better options to my business, but have recommended to a friend since.

Pros

Wix is a versatile website builder, with lots of possibilities. You can build a website from scratch, organizing a main page, a blog and pretty much anything you may need. The templates also help you to have a starting point, but you can personalize most of it with what you want to communicate. If you follow the tips, you can boost your SEO, link it to facebook pixel and Google Analytics. Also, you can buy your domain together with their plan, which helps on saving time.

Cons

There are many bugs on posting photographs, especially in the distance between each photo on blog posts. It is a small thing, but, since I'm a photographer, it was a lot of wasted time solving these design issues. Also, there were some limitations on the templates that didn't help on capturing leads or building landing pages.

Arran I.

Reviewing Wix

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

My Overall view is that Wix do give a great service and its very easy to use and to get a great site up and going in a few days if not in one day ! Only thing id say is that they are dragging their heals in updating the back end of the shop to make it better but the costs of Millions seems to be putting them off !! Bite the Bullet Wix !!

Pros

Great Platform, Never Crashes and fast to upload, Great information on how to use Wix and you dont have to be an Expert to use and to make a great website

Cons

No Cons,ive found over the years its always up and going 24/7 so never no down time, i find it very hard to dislike anything about the Wix platform

Ada L.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Considering time efficiency in building a good-looking website, WiX is a no-brainer

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/04/03

WiX serves best as a prototype when discussing with stakeholders on the design / look and feel for anything that appears online. Instead of putting the text in a word document and arguing the color tone or how pictures should be displayed, why not just open up a WiX account and start building a prototype to facilitate discussion? My experience is that this tool significantly reduces the turnaround time discussing / confirming with vendors on web design details. Another shortcoming is its SEO capability. But again, it's best for beginner and not for advanced user.

Pros

I would consider Wix as the most easy-to-use website builder, when compared with Wordpress & Strikingly. Over the years it has made huge improvements, especially now with its ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) feature where you'll first be asked a couple of questions regarding the purpose, the functions, the look and feel of your ideal website, then a ready version would be automatically generated for your further edit, i.e. via drag and drop of your preferred style.

Cons

At first I didn't even recognize the difference between Wix Editor & Wix ADI so I got confused and found difficulty following the step-by-step advice on Q&A session. It's simple to identity which is which: If you didn't answer those questions in the beginning, and chose your own designer template instead, then that's a website built under Wix Editor which allows full control over every aspect of the site. On the other hand, if you're like me who wants a quick solution and accept the readily generated website, then it's built under WiX ADI, but you then lose the autonomy to change, even it's just the minor stuff on the webpage. And here comes the problem: Sometimes, when the functions on WiX ADI just didn't work (e.g. after hitting a button a menu was supposed to appear on the left but it just didn't show up) then it's time to write an inquiry to Customer Service Support, instead of reading through the Q&A which mainly offers advice on WiX Editor.

Jonathan L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Website Builder With Integrations Galore

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/29

Like many new businesses, we didn't have the funds to hire a web developer to build us a custom website. We turned to online web builders to get our online footprint, and stuck with Wix because it was easy to use, offered great responsive features, and their options for outside integrations were numerous. Then we found out that we could offer different language versions of our site and we were hooked. Now, Wix handles our whole website presence: sales, blog, landing page, product pages, etc.

Pros

Of the website builders we've tried and implemented for ourselves and our customers, Wix has the best set of supplemental product integrations that we've found. They even have their own in-house solutions for things like forms, emails, and sales–if you don't already use an external provider. Connecting to your providers is also really simple and secure, so you have trust that your and your customer's data will not be comprised just because you're not using your own code. We also LOVE the language translation feature. This has been a boon as we grew our business in other countries and needed to communicate in different languages.

Cons

Web builders like Wix, Squarespace, etc. often sell with the promise of an easy-to-use, DIY website builder. At the beginning, that was true. Now, however, many of our customers are paying us to build and manage their sites because as the service grew more robust, with more features, our customers couldn't keep up. I would love to see the company stay focused on ease-of-use as they add more features. The moms and pops of online shops often can't manage to learn new features and run their business at the same time–despite that being an important part of growing a business.

Reilly C.
Company size: Self Employed

A quick and easy way to build a website

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

I have created a couple of simple websites for clients to go along with branding projects, as well as keeping my personal portfolio up to date as a Wix site, and it has proved to be very effective for those purposes.

Pros

Wix has been a lifesaver as someone who has little coding experience. The platform as a whole makes it really easy to customize landing pages and websites to point clients to. If you are not a designer and just want to use a template, Wix provides plenty of well-designed options to choose from. I mostly appreciate the fact that you are able to start from scratch if you want to and design your own site, specific to your needs.

Cons

I would say that one of the only downsides to Wix is the fact that a lot of the widgets and add ons applications are not very well developed in many cases. I wish there were better and more simple ways to customize galleries and display photos sometimes. Often you can find a workaround for issues but there are efficiencies that are definitely still being developed.

Michael G.
Industry: Construction

Great for a wide array of industries

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Overall my experience has been great. I have used Wix for years across 3 very different industries with great success.

Pros

I really like the simplicity of it. You can start from basically a blank canvas or from any one of their many themed templates. It's all point and click and no coding.

Cons

It can be a little limited in terms of customization when bringing in things for another source. For example if you wanted to use it as a platform for a integrated database, unfortunately it doesn't always integrate.

Patty R.
Industry: Individual & Family Services
Company size: Self Employed

User Friendly & Launched My Business!

Reviewed on 2020/02/01

My aim with establishing a website was to increase advertising and community outreach to increase my client load. Since having my website up and running my traffic and online presence has increased drastically and I went from part-time to full-time because I have been getting calls or contact forms regularly.

Pros

I am no experience with setting up a website, but was able to set up a professional, user friendly website using Wix's templates as a guide. If I ever ran into a problem or had any issues, Wix's support staff was super responsive, patient, and helped resolve any issues as soon as possible. On top of that, Wix offered a discount coupon to allow for additional features on my website that allows me to track visitors, traffic, time of day...etc. which has helped me target my advertising. I love that I have the option to include a contact form box to track people who reach out to my business, I have an interactive map to my office, and most importantly my site is mobile friendly!

Cons

The only challenge I had with the Wix software is that it does take some time to set up. However, I would imagine that is how it is with any software when setting up an inclusive website.

Lindy S.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Wix Works for Fine Art

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

I market and sell my original art and prints online to a nationwide audience, and Wix has made it simple and rewarding for me to keep my website updated myself. I have no idea how their support is. In over 2 years, I've never had to use it.

Pros

For easy and intuitive to use WYSIWYG software, Wix offers almost endless possibilities for customization. As a professional artist, design uniqueness is everything when it comes to my website. It's sort of fun and almost game-like to use. I've never had it crash, either. And the online commerce app is equally seamless to use, design-wise and financially.

Cons

I'd like more features on the blog platform. While it integrates perfectly with the website, it is limited in design features, and users can't comment directly.

Briana M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Good enough for business websites that don't require complex builds or functionality

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

For businesses that do not require eCommerce functionality (purchasing goods online), I would say this is a great tool to get a beautiful website up-and-running in little to no time with all of the basic functionality needed to provide a good customer experience. I cannot speak for the eCommerce side as I have not had a client with these requirements but am curious to know how functional their tools are.

Pros

There is no real "onboarding" required for a tool like Wix. You can get a website skeleton stood up within 10 minutes or so, and the process for upgrading to a Premium account is painless. Migrating domains over from other providers (like GoDaddy) was surprisingly simple and was processed much faster than their anticipated wait times. I have built Wix sites for 3 separate clients at this point and have had no major issues to date.

Cons

This tool is not for experienced web developers, or at the very least does not allow them to customize the site properly in terms of proper HTML tagging. The SEO tool is too surface-level to allow for true optimization of the site. For instance I have recently discovered the nav bars across all three of my sites are not properly being picked up and indexed by Google, which is really affecting our SEO. There is no pre-built option for this in Wix and, as I am not a true developer, it will be challenging for me to fix on my own. The other small issue I have is with the number of email addresses that can be included on form submission alerts. Even for a premium account you can only have two people notified when a contact submission comes through, which is aggravating for an org with multiple people that need to be aware.

Chelsea J.
Industry: Performing Arts
Company size: Self Employed

The most user-friendly website builder

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/12/07

I use Wix for my actor website, and whenever I have to build a website for something else, I turn immediately to Wix. I've tried to use other website builders and have found Wix to be superior every single time. The image galleries can be a tad tedious at times, but for the overall effect of having candids and headshots displayed for easy browsing for directors and producers is worth it.

Pros

The number of customization options is incomparable. The level of control you have over where your content appears is amazing for a detail-oriented perfectionist such as myself; add in pop-up guidelines when your content is aligned to page/field/object and even the most persnickety builder is on cloud nine.

Cons

Sometimes the automatic formatting of text within a single field is counterproductive to my interests, and it takes extra time, focus, and a few table slaps to get the content juuust right. If I could make any suggestion tot he Wix website builder, outstanding as it is, it would be to add a toggle for "auto format within field" or not, so that if I want a header for my paragraph in a different text style or size, without adding a "header" in an auto-formatted style, I can just change them to my liking without arguing with the automatic formatting.

That said, I'm sure this very feature is helpful to others who aren't so detail retentive.

One that just jumped to mind was the image gallery builder. It seems simple enough at first but the more I try to customize and adjust it, the more tedious the selection and addition process is. Maybe streamline that a little more?