Shawn D.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great product with outstanding customer support

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

I have been completely satisfied with EchoSpan because (1) the product is great and gets regular updates to make it even better and (2) the level of support is outstanding. I am very much a "figure it out on my own" person, so the online videos, tutorials, and help features were usually all I needed. But any time I had a question or problem I couldn't resolve on my own I got knowledgable, quick support from the EchoSpan team. These two factors make it really easy to refer others to this product.

Pros

As an independent contractor, I need a flexible, customizable 360-degree feedback platform that allows me to run multiple projects for multiple clients. EchoSpan provides that plus a host of other features that allow me to respond to almost any client need. I found a number of features helpful, including (1) the editable competency library, (2) automation features that help with the logistics of a project, and (3) the regular updates that add functionality to the application. Overall, the biggest advantage of this product for me is the ability to develop, administer, and report multi-rater projects that vary in scope from the simplest survey to the most complex design.

Cons

As with any product, there is a bit of a learning curve. With that said, if you've got some experience with administering these types of projects, you will likely feel "at home" pretty quickly. There are a number of helpful tools in the application to guide you through projects, so straightforward projects are pretty simple to run. As the complexity of the project increases, you will need to dig deeper to get the results you're looking for -- which I don't think is unusual for any system.

Liz V.

Elegant simplicity

Reviewed on 2019/06/08

I am a fan! EchoSpan has proven to be an ideal partner for our engagement surveys. The staff are highly responsive and the communication on projects is unsurpassed. These characteristics are not easy to find in many bigger technology companies. Bigger is not always better. EchoSpan is the smart choice for solid software functionality and 5 star customer service!

Pros

Many software packages are "over built" for the functionality businesses actually need. EchoSpan is one of the few companies who designs software that walks that line perfectly. The basics are covered with an easy step-by-step process that is both intuitive and elegant. There are also advanced features like sentiment analysis to keep pace with market competitors. They've delivered the perfect balance of neither too much nor too little functionality in their software, which makes it particularly ideal for mid-market clients. Additionally, I can't say enough about the professionalism of their project management team. We outsourced a very high profile project to EchoSpan and I never experienced such seamless implementation, flexibility to change course when needed, and detailed communication to ensure decisions happened quickly. Bravo EchoSpan!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything. The reports are straightforward and easy to understand. Some of the competitors have elegant data visualization dashboards but charge 2x the money for it.

Aerowenn H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Echospan offers a valuable and easy to use tool for 360 feedback reviews.

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

Pros

Echospan is easy to use. I can customize my 360 report questions and other features easily. The system allows me to create 360 feedback reports specific to the individual or group to be reviewed. Anytime I have a question, it's answered promptly and effectively by customer service, often with a foloow up to make sure all is well.

Cons

The annual fee is steep. It depends on how many reviews you actually use throughout the year as to whether the annual fee is worth it. We've re-upped several years in a row though though!

Paula T.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great System

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

The experience has been fantastic. From support, ease of use, customization and professional reports! Highly recommend

Pros

- System is very intuitive and easy to use
- Reports are generated with a click of a button
- Can align current development activities into body of report
- Participants can select their own raters in system
- Automated email reminders to complete 360 feedback

Cons

- Would like to place our own pictures on front of report and through suggested development activiites

Response from EchoSpan

Paula, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are pleased with our 360 feedback tool. Custom images on report covers are a feature of the Enterprise edition of our tool. Additionally, customized pictures and graphics can be accommodated in reports. Just let our support team know the specifications and they can instruct you on how to include them or if it will require a minimal development effort for customization.

Peggy P.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Good product

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Pros

Project manager was very helpful and responsive to my requests.

Cons

We use the product to evaluate volunteer leadership. Since the product is geared primarily towards employees, the opportunities feedback in the out-of-the-box feedback report were not as relevant to us.

Response from EchoSpan

Hi Peggy,
We appreciate your feedback about the tool and your experience with our support team members. We're happy to hear they were helpful and responsive to your needs!
Regarding the review questions and the intended audience, we have more than 50 ready-to-use competencies available in our library, but you can also customize your review questions so they are more appropriate to evaluate your volunteer leadership team. All aspects of your reviews can be customized, from review questions, relationship groups, rating scales, workflows, reports and more. We will also be launching a Content Network this year that will give you access to premium review content that may be more meaningful to your participants in future reviews. We will be sure to share more information with you as we get closer to launching this program. Thanks so much for the feedback about your experience with our tool and support team members! We appreciate you sharing!

Ruth P.

Love the Echospan 360 Reviews!

Reviewed on 2016/08/29

Great support team; very quick to respond and find resolution

Pros

Ability to customize; cost effective; great tool to provide feedback

Robert edward C.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simple, But Elegant

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

We are using the survey as part of our overall talent management activities.

Pros

Very intuitive and well designed. Very easy to customize to your exact needs. Very easy to get up and running in a short period of time. There is a very strong support component to their service, replete with training videos and Q&A brochures. We purchased the enterprise option and have found the dedicated support person to be a very helpful feature.

Cons

There are a very small number of advanced features in the application that are not readily observable. This has not posed any insurmountable problems, but spending as much time upfront in learning the intricacies of the application will pay huge dividends.

Bruce E.
  • Industry: Investment Management

EchoSpan Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

I love this tool, used it with a previous employer and didn't even look around before selecting EchoSpan. We use it extensively for Management Development, Performance turn around and as an executive coaching tool.

Pros

Integration was pretty straight forward and easily added to the system as IT coordinated with EchoSpan.

Cons

Utilizing the software is not intuitive and it doesn't help that I am challenged technologically!

Tara D.

EchoSpan Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

Pros

I liked this software because of how easy it was to add custom competencies. I also liked the reminder system and how it could be customized. The training tools were perfect to learn how to use!

Cons

I wouldn't say there were any cons but since I was the the person who didn't originally set up the system at our organization, it took me awhile to figure out where everything was. Once I read the training materials, I was able to get a better understanding of where everything is and everything was great!

Raigan R.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

EchoSpan 360-degree feedback tool is great

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

Pros

Fantastic customer service. I've had some issues figuring out the program as a new admin, but the customer service has been outstanding.

Cons

Sometimes a little difficult to figure out on your own, but the customer service helps fix it no, problem!

Jenifer D.

All Around Review

Reviewed on 2016/07/06

I've been experimenting with the product for about a year now and while there is a little bit of a learning curve the product is actually very user friendly

Pros

How easy it is to use the software once all the pre-work is completed

Cons

There were a few items during the set-up phase that could not be adjusted. Nothing major but features that would have been a "nice to have"

Kit K.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

EchoSpan journeying is very rewarding.

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

Using the EchoSpan 360-degree feedback tool, Customer Support has guided me and, therefore, my organization through the twists and turns of creating a customized instrument, customized email letters, and provides on-going advice as the process rolls out. They are a superb strategic partner.

Pros

It's flexibility, clarity, completeness - it seems to have thought of everything we would need to be successful in our 360 project.

Cons

Dunno.

Matt C.

EchoSpan - Very user friendly and efficient

Reviewed on 2016/05/10

I had a great experience with EchoSpan's 360 tool. All aspects of my review could be customized, management of the process was clear, and reports could be generated on demand. Our users complimented the modern look of the interface and did not require any instruction to complete their reviews. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a solid 360 tool that can adapt to any process.

• Industry: Higher Education

Excellent service; Quality Product

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use. The service provided is great. They typically respond much sooner than the 24 hours promised. The reports are generated quickly. The ability for development planning (although we haven't used the function yet)

Cons

Overall, it is very intuitive . I wish I could delete my own projects out of archive. I wish I could click a button for all the questions and make changes to them versus individual questions (I.e., quickly convert a group of questions from self only to both raters).

Lorrina E.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Why EchoSpan is our go-to provider for 360 assessments

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

I have worked with EchoSpan for over 10 years and highly recommend their product. I first worked with them as an in-house talent assessment lead for a Fortune 100 company where EchoSpan was our 360 provider for our global 360 assessments. Their customer service and product were both incredible - and we were a demanding client. I have been an independent consultant for close to 10 years now, and my business partner and I both rely on EchoSpan to support our client needs across a range of industries and companies of all sizes. Our clients are also thrilled with EchoSpan's products and services.

Pros

The best feature about EchoSpan's software is its flexibility. So many 360 packages don't allow customization options (or options are limited), but it is what our clients want and need so EchoSpan is our go-to provider. In addition, if the software doesn't support our customization needs, the EchoSpan design team is always willing to work with us.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind.

Cheryl R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Experience Deploying a 360 Review to My Staff Team

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

I sought out this tool as a component of my professional development plan, in my executive leadership role. While some of my direct reports opted not to participate, which posed a challenge to my getting a really robust 360 perspective, my interactions with the EchoSpan team and software were top notch.

Pros

The software was easy to customize, to get at what I sought to learn from both my peers and my direct reports. The business development person from EchoSpan who I worked with was extremely helpful, responsive and knowledgeable - She made the whole process simple and enjoyable. Her name is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She is an exceptional representative for your company.

Cons

I honestly had no cons. It was an extremely positive experience - primarily due to my engagement with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Kathleen F.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I highly recommend the EchoSpan 360 assessment. From set up to reporting, it's user friendly!

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

Great customer support and ease of use. I also appreciate the reporting options including the individual and overall reports. Very easy to customize.

Cons

I really like this software. I can't think of any cons. It's easy to use - even for a first timer - :)

• Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Echospan has been a very useful product for our company

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

We had a new senior team in place and they all had varying work styles and they tended to disagree a lot. The 360 helped coach focus on the areas they had in common and work backwards from there.

Pros

I liked the videos they provide which provide you with the answers to the majority of questions you may have. There on-line assistance was very timely and helpful. . I really liked the way you could run reports in several different format which allowed you to be more focused on the information you were looking for. Adding and deleting raters and was a very easy task.

Cons

There were a few things that were not intuitive when you first set up your account however going back to the home page always helped me.

Robert H.

LAUNCH

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Giving students opportunities to learn how to give and receive feedback that requires growth in skills

Pros

Ease and confidentiality to administer feedbackc

Response from EchoSpan

Hi Bob, thank you for your review. We are happy you have had a good experience with EchoSpan!

Reed R.

A great product!

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

EchoSpan 360 Degree Feedback tool is very comprehensive and easy to use. I needed to implement a solution quickly and this tool enabled me to do just that. The support team was always available to help and assist. They have excellent customer service.

Carlos V.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The Echospan survey in a team effectiveness application.

Reviewed on 2016/08/29

I am a confirmed fan. I searched for months for a 360 survey solution that was capable, flexible, and affordable. I found a lot of capability and flexibility out there. Affordability was another matter. Just to get started, I was being told by most vendors, would require $60,000 to $80,000 dollars. After that there's be an additional $60,000 in annual licensing fees. For a survey that would be used regularly but on a limited basis this made no financial sense whatever. Then I came across Echospan. They saved my project.

Pros

Ours is a special application of the usual 360 degree tool. We aren't using it as a competency survey for individuals. Instead, we have developed a team effectiveness assessment that runs on a 360 platform. Echospan works perfectly for our needs. It's simple, easy to set up and administer and cost effective.

Cons

There are a few limitations especially in formatting of final reports. But, for the flexibility and at the cost I can't complain.

Marisa C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A great product backed by a solid team

Reviewed on 2016/08/19

I can't say enough good things about the Echospan 360-degree feedback tool! The platform is flexible, intuitive, and easy-to-use. We have been able to configure a variety of custom assessments aligned to our organization's leadership competency model while leveraging the robust content provided by Echospan. The user interface is simple and attractive, and the feedback from our users (primarily senior-level business leaders) has been overwhelmingly positive. In addition, the service we've received from Echospan has been exceptional. Their leadership team was flexible and patient as we worked through the contracting process. Our dedicated support partner is incredibly responsive and thorough in addressing our questions/requests and offering innovative ideas and solutions.

Having used Echospan's 360-degree feedback platform across a variety of industries, in public and private sectors, and with organizations large and small, I would confidently recommend it to anyone looking to implement a robust yet cost effective 360-degree assessment program in their organization.

Natalia K.
  • Industry: Human Resources

The EchoSpan 360-degree feedback tool has helped us add a new product to sell.

Reviewed on 2017/11/30

We are using it daily with our clients. We are a culture consultancy, but now we have been running 360 assessments as well. Echospan has made it quite easy.

Pros

The support team and the features. There is a lot of online material that guides you through the set up process, but the support team is also always there to help.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as it looks at a first glance. You need to pay careful attention at the rules, and the features, even though they are many and provide great help, as sometimes hard to remember and easy to be missed. You can definitely learn how to use it proficiently, however, there are certain features that may be a little bit confusing (e.g., rules about sending reminders, and some project settings can be missed).

Sandra D.

Super professional tool for any kind of customized 360 degree feedback

Reviewed on 2016/05/13

Pros: Very reliable tool, professional Customer Service and Support at all times
Cons: Takes time to get used to, limited use in other languages

Response from EchoSpan

Sandra, we are glad that you have had a good experience with the tool and our support team thus far. Your feedback is important to us. Our Professional 360 tool does allow our clients to translate their review content in over 60 languages, but it does not allow for the advanced capability of translating the entire end user interface (like buttons and titles of tasks, etc) -those are automatically translated via our tool. That said, with our Enterprise Edition of the tool, clients have total control over language content and can apply custom translations to every aspect of the review, including review items, the user interface, and reports.

Julie R.

Been using this software for 8 years and really like the ease of use and the great customer...

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

The tool is great and so is the customer service. The only cons would be trying to extract the data for analysis. Also, when there are upgrades, I find it difficult to learn what they are since I am so busy with my workload, but that is not their fault.

Response from EchoSpan

Julie, thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you are continuing to enjoy using the tool! While our tool does allow administrators to export data to excel or csv files containing review status information, review responses, cross tabs and frequency distributions on a project level we understand that some accounts will have more complex needs. In these cases we can engage our development team to see if a custom solution will fit the needs of the client.