Skype Reviews

Multi-channel communications software

4.3/5 (7995 reviews)

Great communication facility

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

As a journalist, and although I currently work in the tourism sector, specifically in a travel agency, for me the use of social networks is of vital importance in order to attract customers and build trust through constant interaction with the public, being Skype for Business a basic communication channel or essential to achieve that contact directly and live that without a doubt bet for quality attention to our customers, so I spend a lot of my time making calls to show varieties of facilities of lodgings and recreational, parks, tourist sites in general, and thus customize the reservations, generating without a doubt better results with a high percentage of packages sold, that unlike sending an email.

This software generates that psychological effect of security and trust that I recommend for the promotion of our services or products, I think there are many people who feel more secure when they see our face, and listen directly to our explanation, thus also avoiding us to fall into misunderstandings that in the future could discredit us professionally. Nothing better than to face, provide solutions and win satisfied customers.

Pros

What really makes me use this software is its great functionality in the communication area, especially for me as a journalist, since among its functions you can share chat, make video conferences, and send other files, with a high security system, allowing us to interact with our colleagues or clients and hold meetings either nationally or internationally without any kind of problem, in addition to being able to link to any type of device and keep track of our calls made which could serve as a database of our clientele to continue promoting our service in the future and also has a response capacity much faster than an email when offering tour packages making the work much more efficient, since it allows a live contact with people and thus Quickly determine your aspirations and be able to provide them with what they are really looking for to enjoy r your holidays in a pleasant way, that really seems great.

Cons

Many times you have problems regarding the resolution of sound and video, as many applications must be paid to use all its functions such as voicemail or call a landline. Sometimes it is vulnerable to bring viruses to our computers. It can also attract unwanted contacts that could harm our work and personal peace of mind. It is important to emphasize that for its proper functioning you must have a good internet connection.

Skype : Must Need for All Organisation

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Overall experience is quite good actually in terms of scalability there is no ideal replacement of its type it has been used by many organizations from many many years so it's kind of great control and its integration without dog and other Microsoft products provide Cherry on the cake you can directly see When a person is in meeting and when he is available so that you can connect with him this type of integration with your calendar and my calendar I mean Outlook calendar not Google calendar is quite useful it manages the overall time for everyone just like in my eye like to speak with manager for some discussion so I can directly see when he is available in a way that he is not caught up in an official meeting I can directly send invite so that our discussion is posted on one another calendar we can offer letting this no to everyone wants to reach out in business house

Pros

It is highly popular and almost every organization uses it so it is quite helpful in reaching out to other organizations like client stakeholders project managers in an informal way that has previous validation is already done in terms of account creation and authenticity when it comes to organization email configuration.

Cons

This type of software come at a price the licensing is quite costly especially small organizations which are using the basic version of Skype cannot ping reach to business Skype users because of some security issues and while sharing of files there can be a potential threat of security because sometimes there are some practical data related to science like SOA specs back so that when you share via Outlook and Skype is directly posted to Microsoft service so there should be a matter of getting all this stuff end to end.

Anthony H.

Skype! Effective, easy for your users to adopt, clean and feature rich

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

I have been asking to deploy skype for years in our infrastructure. When we finally did, i was on the team that set it up and determined how we shaped the policies on use. Our user surveys immediately increased. It allowed for our employees to be able to lean on each other more for support and / or other departments when they needed to ask a question. Our call center employees could ask for escalations without abandoning a phone call or placing a member on hold. Our branch staff were able to ask other tellers how to perform a function. This definitely freed up a lot of the helpdesk queues across our organization.

Skype is a solid and known product. While there are TONS of competitors with a lot more options, or APIs you can build off of. Skype works. It is a solid product and is simple to use. It helps that a lot of people are already familiar with the product as well.

Pros

Easy setup and deployment. Since its a Microsoft product, it communicates easily with a Windows network and Active Directory.

Ability to webconference, chat, user groups, screen share, etc. Skype isnt LOADED with features. it has the features you would need to use for this purpose. Our users adopted this product quickly and with little training.

GUI and flow. It is laid out in a clean effective manner. Very easy to develop training (if needed).

The screen / application sharing is great for desktop support. It allows our employees to share screens with each other to ask for help. They can share with their manager when they have a question. It is discreet and to a member who is waiting for an answer, its seamless.

Cons

Backend reporting and management.

We could not find a plethora of reporting options. It seems to be one size fits all. Customizing needs for your organization are pretty non existant. While that makes it easy for us to say, "no thats not possible". It would be nice if i could give reports to our directors and executives.

We get a common question, "how many messages does "representative" send a day". "Who is "representative" talking to the most.

Without having to dig into conversation history for each individual, it is very limited.

Shikha V.

Skype For Business-Excellent and integrated tool for business conference and meetings

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Skype is an outstanding and easy to use application for business meetings and conferences across the globe and it serves our purpose well.

Pros

Skype is the most prominent name when it comes to video and voice conferencing solution for communication across the world. This tool allows its users to interact via texting, audio and video communication. We have been using this tool in our organization for almost 2.5 years now and it is best option for us to conduct conference meetings as our entire team is across the world, connecting from five different locations. We also use this platform to conduct interviews for potential candidates at different locations.
It also has the ‘Screen Sharing’ option, which it makes it super-easy for presentations. The tool is user-friendly and allows the sharing of files. It also creates a directory of important and frequently contacted people so you do not have to look throughout the list every time. It also gives you the option to provide screen control in case you are sharing the screen with the team.
The help support system is quick and provide guidance instantly. It does not provide a feature of chat/video recording but the chats are still there on the application unless you decide to erase it completely. It has interactive emoji and gifs, which helps in turning the conversation fun and interactive between team members.

Cons

The skype conferencing can be a hassle if you are a large group. You need to plan before the call before starting the meeting and sometimes very small technical issues with the camera or microphone can be aggravating. Thus, always plan before conducting a conference call for a large group. Sometimes it is difficult to hear the other party so they should work on the quality.

George H.

Skype for Business is great for work collaboration!

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

If your organization use Microsoft Office365, you might also have the ability to use Skype. Before looking into WebEx or GotoMeeting, trying using Skype and see if it meets your need.

Pros

Skype for Business is great for the following: Work collaboration, web meetings, video conferencing and web recording. We use it so all users (local and remote) can see the presenter's screen; a picture is worth a thousand words. The ability to see the presenters screen greatly increase the effectiveness of a remote meeting. While video conferencing is nice, it is not as valuable as seeing someone PC screen. Video conference also adds another layer of complexity to the a web meeting as you now have to deal with the PC screen, PC sound, and user video. It also require a lot more bandwidth. Another benefit of Skype is the ability to record the web meeting. This is very useful for historical purposes or can be used for training at a later date. I also use Skype to record training videos. Just set up a meeting, go in as the only presenter, then record. It records the PC screen, your mouse clicks, and your voice.

Cons

The software while easy to use, you do need a bit of training to present your screen, give control to users, or see another presenter's screen. This app is not something like email which you can learn and use within a few minutes. For instance, recording a session will take practice as you set up the application to be recorded, format and sound. It takes take to set up a meeting and present it. Try to do a mock meeting in advance to get familiar with Skype.

Gokul K.

Skype for Business 2016

Reviewed on 2019/01/20

I am having all overall experience of 13 years in Information technology and right from the beginning we are using the Microsoft chats and using this Skype for business for past 12 years in my organisation. Prior we used to have bridge calls, Webex for all interviews and phone calls. However as cost optimization/security we replaced with Skype for businesses in order to have interviews (Face to Face), Phone calls and meetings with the organisation users.

Pros

I am using the Skype for business after Skype has been integrated with Microsoft and using for past 2 years around from now. The most likely part are:

1. Able to get the conversation saved in Microsoft all the previous conversations can be obtained from Mail box based on the dates. The reason Microsoft is closely integrated all its production with Outlook.
2. Like our phones Skype meeting can be scheduled for free when you have Skype installed in your laptops/machines. I used to do the same as my company removed the Webex /bridge callings for any meeting to be performed. So it is more cost effective.
3. Skype for business is good for social and casual interactions.
4. More securatised since it is compatible with Microsoft 365 with the same authentications.

Cons

Some of the least part which I would like to know is:

1. We will get an error when the maximum number of conversation is reached. I am getting this this since I am in support project and able to conquer with several people in chat on Monday morning especially.
2. Some time video is not much clarity during interviews however I am comparing this concept with webex as an user.

Margaret ramsden R.

A highly reliable and efficient source of multiple sorts of communication.

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

The wide and strong community of skype users speaks for itself and the success of the skype tool. Continuous improvement and user-friendly experience is what keeps us continuously involved with this productive and handy tool.

Pros

Skype has always been my foremost choice whenever it comes to get linked or commute with the colleagues clients and colleagues. Equipped with all the latest tools and handy features it is by far the great tool that I have used.
I am at ease to make conference calls to discuss any on-going matter with the employees at the office with continuous sharing of messages and delivering necessary files.
As a software engineer, we often encounters such situations where we have to build up a chat room with specific individuals and have to sort out any major conflict or discussing new ideas which is accompanied along with sharing of text messages and files. This has only been possible through skype which is an ultimate source of communication.
In the end , skype for business is the primary choice for all professionals who have to be connected with their clients and professional colleagues 24/7.

Cons

Skype have been in my usage since for past 10 years and we have create a professional bond. As most of the time, I'm completely dependent on this tool for professional communication. By far, I haven't encountered any major issue except for those that file sharing is not much reliable in this tool. Either it gets disappear from the chat box or either it is unable to handle large volume files.
Few improvements needs to be done in this tool like advancing user dashboard or simplify searches for new connections so we could enjoy more reliable communications.

Brian J.

Skype - Essential Quick Communication

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Super helpful to connect with associates in a moment, love the integration with Outlook!

Pros

I work in a call center with about 150 agents active at any given time. Using Skype is the perfect way to answer in the moment questions for agents, reach out to other agents or supervisors to meet, set up specialized chat rooms, and more. I am part of a training team, and using Skype I can broadcast my screen easily with agents for virtual training (we have work-from-home agents). In addition, all agents are seamlessly linked across Outlook and Skype - the name doesn't change, so I don't have to figure out if I am talking to the 'right' person if I already know their email.

Speaking of, employee search on Skype is huge. In a second I can search for any user and see if they are online/offline, away from desk (and for how long), or have set up an out-of-office message. Really helpful when trying to see if someone already left for the day or if they would be at their desk (our Skype shows inactive if you don't move your mouse for 5 minutes or if you lock your computer).

Chat rooms help organize us into teams. Supervisors have authorization to create team-only chat rooms and easily manage these.

Cons

One thing I would love is the ability to only receive notifications for people I select. For example, I have several chat rooms opened to monitor operations at a high level, while also having individual messages open to other associates. If I could, I would like to turn off notifications (the yellow highlight in Windows) for all new chats except for those of my choosing. In addition, there is a mini pop-up window that appears with new messages - I would like more ocntrol over the function of this window (such as having it always appear for individual chats when I click away from the program, or etc.).

Erica W.

Superb software for business dealing.

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

Outstanding software through which we can arrange conferences , meetings via live high quality video calls and much more. If I talk about the business benefits there will be uncountable words. It has been a part of my life using Skype for business in daily routines and having great services by this outstanding program.

Pros

In my opinion it is an excellent application. Most frequently use by a large number of people for connecting with teams or clients living at distant places. One can have access to Skype easily. Easy to download, install and use. It gives us a nice platform for keeping meetings with a number of people at the same time. Its video calling is the one of the powerful feature and that is most important for everyone. It allows us to share our screen with others in order to share our data or private information that we do not want to share in soft copy. For the project management it shows there is nothing except this software.

Cons

As far as I am concerned, with this collaborative software. It is better option instead of the other tools available in the market, because its complain ratio is very down and runs great. As I am a frequent user of this product I hardly have to come across with any trouble while using this source of collaboration. A minor issue that sometimes comes, is when I send audio voice massage it disappears in my chat room but the person whom I send, he receives.. It is a little strange thing It has happened 5 to 6 times but it is not a big deal, it might be my internet problem or connection error. Well I am satisfied with you Skype.

Amanda A.

Skype for business brings bundle of benefits for its users.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Overall experience with Skype is amazing. It gives us bundle of benefits and they are appreciable. It provides us to arrange online meetings instead of having a physical meeting. Its Screen sharing feature is one of the great features I have ever used. I am completely satisfied with this product

Pros

Skype for business is wonderful collaboration platform. That is the platform where business gets benefits, when it lets the expenditures reduce and provides its services. Skype is the one of the amazing and useful product of Microsoft.
As a result of using this software I got to know it is not only provides services of calling, massaging, sharing etc. But also lets the user achieve his working goals.
I really like to use it's all the features and functions they are nicely developed and very easy to learn. There are many things those I like about Skype like video calling and its being high quality and strong. It is also great that this product allows connecting two hundred plus people at the same time. It is an advance and positive platform for everyone. Not even software is great its customer support is also professional and responsive.

Cons

As I have write in the pros box about the thing are really appreciable about this product of Microsoft. Because of my frequent use of this software I can better realize the problems I face while using it. But there are not too many complaints which it brings. Sometimes when I share my screen with other people, it goes fantastic but after a short while it system close the Skype windows by its own. I really want to know what is happening with it and why it happens then I have to reopen Skype and make the call again. It irritates me while doing my important work. This is the issue that I have to face sometimes with Skype. I also think that it can be my device problem. That is why I have a strong belief on Skype and the services it provides. I am also waiting for new improvements of the programs they will surely bring more easiness for every user.

Shayne H.

The Bottom Line

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

THE BOTTOM LINE: Skype For Business is a revolutionary application that encompasses of conferencing tools, chat clients, remote access, etc that can take care of all your communication needs. NOTE: If you're looking for a full-fledged VoIP service, you may want to look elsewhere.

Pros

One of the most outstanding feature of "Skype For Business" is that it supports up to 250 attendees in a meeting.

However, here are some of the other Pros that I would like to mention:-

1) NO DISTURBANCES: Skype facilitates an easy integration with Outlook and Outlook Calendar. This makes it easy for an individual to accept an invitation to a meeting. Okay, here's my point - Skype will acknowledge your calendar data and will change your status to "in a meeting". This will get ride of any disturbances caused by side chats or notifications.

2) IT REPLACES TEAM VIEWER: Okay, maybe team view has other features that Skype doesn't at the moment. But Skype certainly gets the basics done when it comes to "remote connectivity". Within Skype's bundle of features is a great tool that helps you connect with an individual, take control of their system (temporarily) and show them how things are done.

3) AUDIO & VIDEO CALLS: I've got to admit, when I first started using Skype For Business (quite a long time ago), I was dissuaded by the poor call quality. However, things have changed! Now-a-days, Skype can facilitate high-quality audio/video calls.

Cons

There's not much that I dislike about Skype For Business. However, after carefully scrutinizing the software, here are some of the problems that I've faced:-

1) LAGGY AT TIMES: So this doesn't happen very frequently. However, I have noticed that whenever I have multiple chats or conversations open, Skype becomes unresponsive and sometimes even crashes. I find that a bit odd, considering the fact that I use a high end laptop.

2) NO CUSTOMIZATION: I feel that Skype users should be able to have a myriad of themes to choose from. My argument is: If Skype for personal use has it, then why not Skype for business? Giving professional users the liberty to customize a bit could probably break the monotony of a busy schedule and increase productivity in the long run. Or maybe that's just me.

6.0/10
Joel M.

PERFECT AND USEFUL for Communication Software

Reviewed on 2018/10/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's arguably the most important collaboration tool we have in the company over the years of working here. It increased the efficiency of every employees and the ability to reach our co-workers in different countries and offices.

Pros

COUNTLESS BENEFITS of using Skype for Business.
It helps me communicate more easily and be closer to clients and seniors as well. I can say it is a PERFECT and USEFUL communication software and it is for all sizes of business as well as industries. I've been using it for years now, and I have no regrets of using Skype for Business. It EASY TO USE for arranging meetings and conferences over the Skype. Its features are remarkable. Functions are Great.
1) Video and Audio is so clear, and allows me to talk at the same time with more than 200 persons, although my meetings are not as big as its features, what I am saying here is it can be used by big organizations.
2) Allows me to share my screen with my colleagues in other offices to show them the program I am working on, so they could help me if I'm stuck as well.
It's a PERFECT Business IM solution that allows everyone to remain efficient by not having to pick-up the phone or send e-mail for basic questions.

Cons

It requires excellent connection when using it. Video result is great if you have a great connection too. But, Overall for me it is a blessing. It's features and functions are all amazing. There is nothing bad about it.

Nathan R.

Robust Collaboration Platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Skype for Business compensates for email's biggest failure: conversation, and especially, quick conversation, whether it's chat, voice, or video. Mostly we use it to have quick conversations via chat and that has largely replaced phone calls and texting in our office. Why is this important? Because the Skype for Business messages follow you, getting to you wherever you are without any extra effort or configuration on your part.

Pros

Skype for Business fits neatly into the rest of the Office 365 stable. Update your presence in Skype for Business, and it shows in Outlook (desktop and web), on the Office 365 browser toolbar, in Delve, etc. I like how easy it is to have a quick chat with a single person, then bring in other participants as needed. Or how easy it is to move from a chat to a video call, or to share your screen when talking, or to share a file while chatting--all without leaving the Skype for Business app. Skype for Business makes it really simple to manage contacts, allowing you to create favorites for those you collaborate with frequently and create groups of contacts for when you want to group chat. I love how easy Skype for Business makes it to start an impromptu meeting, too. The real plus for me, though, is the way Microsoft has threaded Skype through the Office 365 platform, so you're not tied to the desktop or smartphone app to get notifications and conduct conversation. And if you miss a message? No problem, as it's archived in your conversation history in Outlook (and Skype for Business sends you an email with missed conversations, too).

Cons

Skype for Business on the desktop frequently has difficulty maintaining a connection to the server. Sometimes I'm in the middle of typing a message and the app will freeze. The Android app, while quite robust in terms of features, seems to struggle without a lot of bandwidth. Hopefully future updates to both products will mitigate these issues.

Jasmine R.

Decent, useful and easy to use communication software.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/08/29

The benefits I have realized after using Skype they are countless, but I would like to say it helps me to get closer of my clients and keeps me closer to my seniors as well. Overall for me it is a blessing.

Pros

I have been using Skype for business for 3 years. It has been a perfect and useful communication software for all sizes of businesses and for all industries. It is an office platform by itself.
When I started using it made easier to arrange meetings and conferences over the Skype and currently its advance features and functions are remarkable. I like the way the team of Skype enhance this great software.
There are many features of Skype for business those I like to use, some of them are here:

1. Video and audio calling feature which allows me to talk at the same time with more than 200 persons. My meetings are not as big as its feature allows to use its advance system, so it can be used by big organizations.

2. Most important thing about Skype Its Audio and video recording that is completely secure and a fantastic feature which can save our meetings or conferences and helps in remembering the forgotten stuff.

3. This software let me use side conversation while doing meetings. I can easily have conversation with any person I want to do. This is one of the great feature which I love to use.

4. It allows me to share screen and programs which is very convenient and supportive feature for helping each other and sharing our files with other just via screen.

5. It is easy to use for everyone. It has advance featuring but that is not difficult to use. A new user can easily learn using it by using two to three times.

Cons

Sometimes when I log in my Skype account and made calls to several people and one issue comes up that I really do not know. I am kicked out from the meeting without any reason or any notice only i am not having that issue but it happens to my colleagues as well.
The second issue which I have to face sometimes is Skype does not go for a long time with a high quality video result. Video result is great I really do not say it is awful. I just want to highlight that it should be further improved for providing us great services of Skype.

Miguel C.

Old fashioned software, a new concept we needed.

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Skype for Business is a great tool, it is still very new (I believe the first version was launched in 2015), with a few enhancement in the Voice over Internet Protocols and Internet Speed quality optimization I believe it could become the leading software in terms of Enterprise Communication.

Pros

Skype for Business is not far from regular Skype in terms of it's cores functionalities, although, it offers the extra tools needed for a proper operating remote office, but it is still useful for a traditional office environment, specially if you have a big organization. It is easy and familiar to use if you were a Skype user.

Some of the most important enhancements added that are not in regular Skype are:

1.- Organize a multitude of contact information of employees within the organization, making it accessible for anyone joining the company easily.

2.- Video and Audio recording: This one is very useful, specially if someone misses a meeting or if you would like to skip doing the same conference over and over again.

3.- Video and Audio calls with more than 200 people at the same time. My law firm is not that big! But I assume this can be quite useful for bigger organizations.

4.- It is fully integrated with Outlook and Outlook Calendar, this interconnection is rather useful in terms of meetings, it brings up reminders, and it also automatically changes your status to 'In a Meeting', when there is one scheduled, also blocking any annoying notifications you might have during the call.

5.- It comes in a bundle with Office 360, which comes with all the essential tools for an office oriented company running on PC platforms.

Cons

Skype for Bussiness is far from being bad, but I must say there are negative factors:

1.- You need a stable and fast Internet connection (It should be higher than 5 Mbps if you want to mantain a good video and audio stability, otherwise the call might freeze from time to time). Many remote office environments deal with people from different countries with diverse Internet providers that vary in quality, depending on where your employees are located might interfere in how they experience a Video Conference Call. Although, I think this can be applied to many softwares of this nature, but it needs to be pointed out.

2.- Sometimes it requires the user to constantly log in, even when they saved their credentials. Although, I believe this issue was solved in version 6.0.9319.534.

3.- It tends to consume a lot of RAM, specially when starting up, so it might crash if you have a low end PC.

4.- Notifications tends to get buggy sometimes.

5.- People in the graphics department tend to use Apple products, and as far as I am concerned there is no Skype for Bussiness for MAC or any other Apple platforms.

Francisco M.

This is a great tool for organizational communication

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

it improved a lot the way I can communicate with the business, as an individual who works with global clients where communication is critical for the business, this toll is a great solution.

Pros

initially its very similar to the Hotmail messenger that thousands of people are used to, its simple to use very intuitive, you can create list of contacts and groups, but also it allows you to search by name, orgchart or any other field in your active directory or ldap books.
there is a mobile version that allows you to been connected while not in your desk, and if you miss a message you receive an email indicating that you have pending communications with somebody.
there is also a functionality for creating room group chats and instant meetings.

I also use a lot the IP/Phone functionality and have call forward to my mobile in case that somebody call me when I'm not online, so I don't miss any phone call, it syncs very smooth with your mobile phone directory so also allows you to search in your contacts to place calls from your mobile phone by using you ip phone avoiding the costs of your phone company, to me this comes very handy due to the number of international calls I make, so helps me to save money in that matter.

Cons

sometimes when you miss a message in mobile you don't have the ability to recover the message, which its kind of annoying, I believe its glitch in the system, cause it opens the chat window but you cant see the message you received. this only occurs in the mobile version, the desktop version runs pretty smooth.

Cesar C.

It is a tool that allows the possibility of effective communication

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

The communications offered by this tool allows users to remain united to a work network that facilitates institutional interaction through video calls and chat to coordinate and implement the tasks of the organization

Pros

Skype for Business, allows access and communications to people who are related to work but for physical reasons are not in one place or very dynamic organizations where people have some freedom of action in their work, traveling from one place to another. Another, the interesting thing about this tool is that, because of its simplicity, it facilitates interpersonal communications, either from interest groups, from positive things, in addition to real-time video calls, documents that can be shared between users can be attached. that are part of a local network of joint work or people invited to participate in the video conferences, other of the crucial tools of this software is that video calls can be recorded, generating records of each opinion or activity made through the program, we must highlight the button of events and its versatility since it allows to create an itinerary that is visible to all aggregates that interact with a specific user.

Cons

The most obvious difficulties are in the manipulation of the program, usually people do not delve into the applications that this version of Skype has, since it is very much associated with the version used for social networks, the other thing is in the support stability is needed in the internet service provider so that the experience with the program is of the highest quality in terms of audio and video. It is also important to note that few use the internal mail of the program as people rely more on the visual audible and leaves in the background the tools of deeds and therefore underutilize the sending of documents, also the access through the database that the organization has in terms of institutional mails that at certain times there are limitations among other people keys that are not adhered to that kind of institutional intranet established by the program.

Stever jose G.

easy communication with colleagues, clients and family members inside and outside the organization

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

saving in time and money of the company for communications and teamwork.

Pros

In the company we have it configured with the telephone exchange and we ask for portability to communicate from anywhere in the world at local cost, which gives us a savings in long distance call costs when we travel.
That the Skype client for the cell phone is totally free and its operation is the same as that of the notebook.
In addition, the federation is active, which makes it easier for us to communicate with our suppliers and customers who have Skype for companies or staff, and we can add our contacts to family and friends who use personal Skype.
The capacity of people added to a conference or video call is very facilitating to give courses, seminars and hold meetings of projects at a distance.
Being able to work remotely reduces personnel travel expenses by a high percentage.
The look and feel of the Skype client makes it intuitive and does not need a course for its use.
Last but not least, the integration with all Office 365 products makes Skype bring us closer to our collaborators when editing a document, writing an email or in the process of assigning tasks in a project.

Cons

In my opinion and experience, I think there are two things I do not like about Skype for Business:
The first is that when you are outside of a Wifi and you are in a country that your cellular data connections are not very good, the quality of the call is affected, but I attribute it to an external factor.
The second is when making a call the waiting time to listen to the dial increases to 2 or 3 seconds, it seems nothing but for a secretary it is a long time.

Jimmy M.

The Best Software All-in-One for Communicating via Chat, Voice and Video Calls for your Bussiness.

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

-Good Quality of Voice and Video on the calls.
-Up to 250 participants can join the same meeting.
-You can schedule your meetings with coworkers in your agenda very easily on Outlook, when the meeting it's about to start you get notified by email.
-Easy to setup a video conference for non technical Users.
-Easy to for sharing content files between your contacts.
-No need for a desktop client installed on your machine, you can use Skype directly on your browser.
-You can record the video calls in High Definition.
-For presentation meetings it has a built-in option where a host of the meeting can for share and display a PowerPoint presentations between the participants, also has the hability to make a participant into a host.
-You can see the status (available, busy, in a meeting) of all your contacts before contacting them.
-Perfect Integration with Office 365 and Outlook calendar, it makes it easy for you if you accept or decline a meeting invitation.
-You can choose several status, if you are busy you can choose "busy" and you won't get disturbed by side chats or notifications.
-We use it organization-wide so I can contact a colleague when they may be on the phone or in a meeting.
-Allowing side conversations during meetings and calls
-You can share your desktop view or a program with coworkers.
-For Conference meetings you can use a Whiteboard option for transmiting better your ideas.
-In meetings you can create Polls or Q & A with your participants.

Cons

-Having multiple Chats/Conversations windows open, makes the Skype unresponsive. Sometimes you must closed the program forced and then open it again.
-The interface of the program it's static, it won't allow to change themes.
-Doesn't allow to use popular emojis, it only has a very few emojis.
-Sharing files sometimes gives random errors.
-It would be nice if a chat session with individual users would remain active for a business day rather than moving the message to conversation history.
-No way to schedule meetings with customers or contacts outside of your company and share screen if they are calling in from an external number, they must have Skype and you have to be connected.
-If two people are competing to speak, there can be issues with distinguishing who is talking as it will lower the sound of the quieter voice.
-Online plans don't work with hardware phones.
-There is no linux desktop client available.
-When you copy/paste images or gifs in chats sometimes it fails you need to try again.
-It takes a lot of Ram Memory from your computer.
-When you share Files to a group of people at same time causes, it may issue sometimes where certain people not able to view files.
-The Android app it's very laggy.
-No Gif or Stickers support.
-The integrated Web Client in Office 365 its very slow, some messaged takes too long to be sent or recived.
-There is no actual offline messaging for a local or VPN network based Company, it is required an Internet Connection.

Simple integration with Outlook but the recent conversations list gets a little messy.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

It generally saves time when trying to contact co-workers who work in different countries. While I don't deal with the finances, I believe this will also save the money associated with long distance calls as well.

Pros

Having used this software for over a year I must say that it has made communication across countries much easier. As long as a person is within your organization (company email address) you can message/call them quite easily. No need to search for them, then add them, wait them them to accept etc. However favorites can be added for quick chats or calls.

My favorite feature is the integration with Outlook. While sending an email to a colleague I can see by their status if they are busy, available , away or on a call. It also sets up automatic links for meeting invites you create with the invitation for others to meet online. Invitations can also be sent to persons who do not have a company email address through the use of a generated link to the meeting room.

Even though it's made by Microsoft, it installs fairly easily on Mac and mobile devices and tablets. You can literally take your meetings anywhere! It of course includes the usual features such as files sharing, screen sharing, and histories across devices.

Cons

I have two major issues with this software. The first is connectivity. I'm still not sure if it's a software issue or a network issue but 50% of the time the audio is one way only the first time I call a colleague or they call me.

So each call goes like this: Call --> Connect --> Can you hear me? --> Silence--> Type: I can't hear you so hang up and call me back. --> Call --> Now I can hear you, can you hear me?--> Good. Let's begin.

It doesn't happen every time so it may be internet related but it never happens when using the regular Skype app on the same network.

My second issue is the way the app logs recent conversations. While the regular Skype app has just one window for each contact, Skype for Business seems to create a window/recent conversation entry for each new interaction or day. Maybe it's a setting but I just spent 10 minutes clearing out the recent conversations list which had multiple entries for 7-10 people. It's a bit of an annoyance but not a major hindrance to using the software.

7.0/10
Alfredo R.

Skype Empresarial allows me to chat and communicate with my colleagues in a fun and professional way

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

It is a great improvement on the previous communication tool that was used, but it is by no means perfect. I like that you also have a mobile application for when it is not quickly available on your desktop, and that it also allows calls and file transfers.

The user interface is very intuitive, which makes the software very easy to use. Skype for Business is the best communication software for your daily work. It literally allows me to work from home, while traveling or in the office.

The user interface is very intuitive, which makes the software very easy to use. Skype for Business (Lync) is, by far, the best communication software for your daily work. It literally allows me to work from home, while traveling or in the office.
It is integrated directly into the Office 365 suite of applications and inserts practical actions automatically; for example, you can directly initiate an invitation to a meeting with Skype dial-up details from Outlook.The best and most applicable part of Skype for Business is the conversation / chat function. In a fast-paced environment, it is much more informal and easier to use compared to email or picking up the phone. It is also good to see the status of my colleagues and if they are at your desk, in a meeting, or are available to call or chat. The interface is easy to use and I like the size of the window, since it is automatically loaded. It is not necessary for the window to be full screen, but it is not too small to interfere with other

Cons

At first, it was very frustrating that Skype opened every time I turned on my computer.

This configuration that you have implemented should be activated first, instead of Skype, assuming that I want this application to open each time I turn on my computer.

I believe that this same configuration should be applied to the availability function.

Instead of Skype, assuming I am available because I am active on my computer, I would like to activate the available configuration every time I am available.
My only dislike about Skype at work is that it constantly alerts you when someone tries to contact you. This can be a great distraction at work.Other disadvantages related to this product include: the need for a fast and reliable Internet service, the limited availability of customer service when problems arise and the quality of calls sometimes.While Lync is excellent at what it does, it has some small things that I do not like. For example, if you set your status to be absent, you will immediately say that you were absent for 5 minutes, even if you set it up. This can be annoying, especially if you are someone working on the clock and every minute you take account.

The emoticons could also use a bit of an update, with some that do not make any sense or that have no purpose in the business world (I'm looking at your sheep emoticon).

In general, it's perfect for what it is, a commercial messenger, but you can use some improvement Consume high internet bandwidth

Sam N.

Making the World Smaller (in a Good Way)

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Through talking to the CEO of an aerospace startup on Skype, I was able to land a job with a huge salary and a percentage in the company that could turn me into a multi-millionaire (and possibly billionaire). All because I was able to talk to someone from another country who needed a web developer for his startup.

Pros

As a founding member of a startup with scientists and engineers all across the world, it's important that we have software that allows group meetings and simple file transfer. Typically connectivity is great, with a strong internet connection, and the sound quality is often much better than phone calls (though obviously not as good as in-person meetings).

We often transfer files, so that feature is great, and I love that we can screenshare with each other during a call and go over our website and marketing materials together.

Cons

I wish there were an easier or more intuitive way to just view the files sent to you by a particular person. Being the web developer for an aerospace startup requires that I get files/images/videos/etc. from the scientists and engineers on the team, and unfortunately there isn't a simple way to view files sent without having to scroll through dozens of conversations mining for them.

There's usually a bit of delay, but that's to be expected when you're talking with people all over the world. The internet connection does have to make a physical trip to servers, etc., so I can't expect it to be immediate.

It would be really nice if multiple members on a call could screenshare. Even if it were limited to two people, it would really help. Also, it would be awesome if one person screenshares and the other members can drag that screenshare to another window to create multiple screenshared Skype windows. I use multiple monitors, so this would really be handy.

J. alex M.

Efficient and fun messaging app for office communications

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

I use this program on a daily basis and find that Skype for Business' emoji's are becoming one of the most common methods of communication for my colleagues. Our edition of Skype for Business includes over 40 emoji's, with the majority of them animated. A quick, "thumbs up" often feels like the right response to a quick office survey or invitation, while the bowing emoji may be the way you wish to say, "you're welcome." The wide range of emoji's are both entertaining and effective for a wide variety of professional and casual text-based communications.

The video-based communication feature performs flawlessly on my office's 3-year old operating system and easily supports presentations visible to large groups. I have personally attended a presentation with over fifty individuals in attendance without too much of an issue. This feature also worked well with office headsets and allowed the use of the mute and volume buttons via the headset volume controls.

The group text feature is one of the most commonly used features within our office, where multiple users can click and drag content into the text message space to quickly share it with the group.

Overall, my office has been very pleased with the ease of use and humorous capabilities of all these features.

Cons

In presentations with large groups, a single individual had the capability to mute the speaker during several parts of the presentation. This feature was frustrating for the presenter until the group determined who was accidentally pushing the mute button on their headset.

Additionally, images shared to a group are sometimes shrunk and not maximizable within the group chat feature.

Other than those two issues, I have no complaints about the software.

Hana H.

Best company communication app on the market

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Overall, this app is really great for its intended usage, and I would definitely recommend it to another colleague/friend for the reasons mentioned above.

Pros

Skype for business is very easy to use, even for non-tech-savvy people. It functions well for what it is designed for: IM (including group messaging), video conference calls, audio calls, and much more. I really like the "Check Call Quality" feature as it allows me to check the quality of my call and my audio/video settings in the nick of time. Its integration with Outlook is really great - I can see my colleagues' meetings, free time, etc. There really isn't that much to add about Skype for business besides that it perfectly fulfills everything you need for efficient workplace communication.

Cons

There have been some 'hick-ups' with Skype in the past, but I'm not really sure whether to contribute them to the app itself or rather the equipment I've been using. For example, sometimes the audio was missing when I connected a different headset, or it was not there at all when coming e.g. to a different meeting room. But these errors have been easily solved by restarting the app or un/plugging the device. Sometimes, when a colleague messages me and we haven't messaged previously (hence the chat window was not already opened) it can take some time for the window to pop up again. I've also experienced other people's Skype crashing when I messaged them or sent them a file. (The file transfer itself can also take some time depending on the size of the file, of course).

A business Messenger !

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

Skype has allowed me to feel much more connected, I've had a really good experience with this software, in spite of some little issues when transferring files. The instant message is great, you save a lot of time when talking with coworkers in other countries, you got multiple options, video chats also phone calls, we are able to see presentations on real-time from any place.

In general terms, it works great and it fulfills every communication task in the corporative environment.

Pros

Is a simplified version of the Skype app that we already know that it also adds some of the old features of windows live messenger.

Skype for business incorporates instant messages that you can also combine with office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. It syncs with the contacts based on Microsoft Outlook.

You can schedule and synchronize your meetings with outlook. With a very friendly interface, skype for Bussiness integrates online meetings, voice mail, file transfers, video conferencing.

Cons

The conversation history is only available on Outlook, sometimes is not that easy to recover the information probably due to the size of the conversation. I've had some troubles with outlook when trying to recover the old conversations.

In the Android application, sometimes the conversations are not synchronized, with the information available on the desktop app.

It is not too functional to generate a different chat for each conversation with the same person at different times, it only generates a long list of random chats with people that you've already talked to previously.

It is not too functional to generate a different chat for each conversation with the same person at different times, that only generates a long list of random chats.