George G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Other for 2+ years

A great product with a lousy business model and challenging ramp up.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Let me know when this great tool has a total change of management!

Pros

The basic idea of sending decks to customers which report back on not just on opening of the attachment, but how much they read, which pages they lingered on, to whom they forwarded it, etc. is really useful in a sales role. Critical, even. And Clearslide does it better than any other product I've tested to date (and i've really been trying).

Cons

It's not as easy to repurpose your original materials as you'd think. You don't start over, but you spend a lot more time. It's not as easy as, say, attaching a tracking pixel to a page.
Worse, they abuse their customers! I got locked into a yearlong deal by mistake and their reaction? Too bad. And then they automatically re-upped me the next year without permission and handed me the too-bad story again! They require 3-months' notice to terminate your year-long deal. Really? No product is good enough to warrant this 'thank-you-may-have-another' treatment.

Lindsey S.

Great slide sharing tool for presentations and document sending

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

I'm not sure if I have any cautionary tales or advice- it's been a good experience all in all it's been a positive experience.

Pros

Clearslide is a wonderful tool for sales people. I love that I can upload a bunch of presentations and then hide slides as needed, show slides, move slides around, etc without having to re-upload every time I want to make a change. I also like the email tracking for view reports. I liked how you can customize each presentation on the fly as needed for each client and create custom links.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say- I've had a good experience with them.

Victor S.

Clearslide is very useful within our sales team. Benefits outweight the negatives.

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. The ability to store all the decks that we use and customer specific presentation is key. The integration into our CRM is also nice to have and bring everything into a closed loop environment

Cons

The formatting for presentation sometimes does not work and time outs are also an occasional issue. The access for international customers/prospects could be a bit more seamless.

Katherine C.
  • Industry: Market Research

An easy way to track clicks and to screen share

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

ClearSlide makes it easy to track the clicks and opens of any links to collateral that you send to a prospect. It's also easy to share your screen during a remote meeting.

Cons

The remote meeting function is sometimes fickle and it does not work. This may be due to a full cache or some problem on ClearSlide's end. However, their Customer Service is typically prompt and helps you troubleshoot your issue.

James W.

ClearSlide has a ton of flexibility!

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Pros

I like the ability to have multiple sales decks loaded, ability to go to a live window, and seamlessly bounce back and forth to provide the client with the best experience.

Cons

Occasionally they have problems with uploading new content and their customer service is not always the fastest.

Caroline M.

Clearslide is great!

Reviewed on 2015/10/26

Pros

I like that I can just send a Clearslide link to a customer and they can see my screenshare, as opposed to the customer having to download WebEx or need a code for a gotomeeting. I also used to store presentations on Clearslide, which was helpful when sending to customers so they didn't have to download the file AND I could track the open-rate.

Cons

My colleague has run into some issues with Clearslide not functioning for her, but I have not had any problems.

David P.
  • Industry: Media Production

Limited Value, Bad business practices (autorenew and unsubscribing)

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Nearly impossible to cancel a contract. And even after contract is cancelled, impossible to unsubscribe to email notifications from the system.

Pros

Real time information on the who and when your pitch is being seen - good in theory and actually works.

Cons

Does not increase engagement . I suspect the delivery of the links might even reduce readership of emails versus regular email communications. Outlook integration never really worked properly. Unstable

Jeni C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

They do not service your account- so be warned

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

The concept of the product is great but we really have not been serviced on the product to be able to optimize the usage

Cons

They autorenew your contract and do not make sure you are utilizing it. If the main contact leaves at your place they say they reached out and never got bounce backs. Their technology is all about knowing if someone opened something.

Olivia B.
  • Industry: Dairy
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

It’s good if you need it

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

This is great for the feature of remote presentations, but that’s really the only thing I got out of it.

Cons

Not worth the penny for any of the other features offered.

Simon V.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

When this program works, it is great. When it does not, well....you're out of luck.

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

With this software, it has the potential to offer an inside look on when/where the customer is viewing the content of your email. If you are on the side of trying to acquire customers with an email blast, it shows you how many customers view the content and precisely how long they took (seconds) viewing the information sent.

Pros

This software allows you the ability to see when the recipient on the other end of the email opens or views the content. As a vendor, this is extremely helpful when you know this information for a variety of different reasons. When you're able to know ahead of time the % that your consumer base opens or views content, it can create a more targeted approach when emailing.

Cons

If you open the content that you sent to your consumer. It will show that the customer opened the content, which is not true. It leads to a lot of misinterpretation when reviewing data. This creates headaches. Currently we are discussing options with other companies to get away from ClearSlide.

Ronald W.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Tracking client engagement

Reviewed on 2015/10/20

Pros

The best part of ClearSlide is that it allows me real time information. I know when clients open view and emails and where they click and for how long. I have found that when I call them after viewing the emails they typically have questions about what they are looking at or trying to find something. The real time alerts really help me better service my clients when they are at the computer and seeking information.

Cons

I don't like the process for sending emails. I wish I could send them without so many clicks. Click optimization is something that I think can be improved. Clicking 3 or more times to send one email is wasting my time.

Steve K.

Great platform for sales

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

Clearslide is one of the most widely used tools in our sales team. The platform is easy to use and integrates seamlessly into salesforce.

Pros

Ease of use, integration with Salesforce.com

Greg M.

I have been using ClearSlide for the better part of a year.

Reviewed on 2015/10/12

Pros

ClearSlide has been very responsive to making product updates to better meet our needs. Additionally, I love how I am able to track precisely when someone views my emails (and then watch them real-time as they go through each slide).

Cons

I wish that the product was better integrated into Outlook and SalesForce. Additionally, I wish that I were able to selectively remove the header in my live pitches... the header makes it difficult to present the pitch on a projector.

Ray T.

Poor Service - Negotiate payment terms for performance

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

We bought Clearslides for our business and on the face it looked great. The ability to aggregate sales resources, get analytics on sales assets, great tools for sales enablement, and video conferencing all in one.

Cons

Once we used it, we realized it had severe latency on video conferencing, animations on Keynote and Powerpoint do not work (fixed later) rendering assets useless unless in PDFs, among other issues. I tried to work with them on it for months and finally had to migrate to other systems. I asked for a refund on performance. They switched account managers, gave me the runaround and finally denied my request based on contractual terms which they were within their rights to do...and it is clearly terrible treatment of a customer. They acknowledged the issues we were having but refused to accommodate us. If you work with this company, and I don't recommend it, be sure to negotiate refunds for performance or don't sign the contract or pay the bill.

Marc K.

Clearslide and Captivate

Reviewed on 2015/10/14

Pros

The ease of use and ability to share with clients and prospects. Updating files once across the library.

Cons

The back and forth between PowerPoint and Clearslide to make changes to presentations.

Kartikk M.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good Sales Intelligence Tool

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to customize as per internal processes. Great for collaboration between the sale and marketing team.

Cons

Mass emailing feature can be made more robust. Additional marketing automation features should be added.

Meghan F.

ClearSlide is Clearly Amazing

Reviewed on 2015/10/14

Pros

Easy way to track success of the email and content that I send to customers and prospects.

Cons

No way to mass email and still track who opens/views the email and content.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Simple, Decent Videoconferencing Software

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

- No need for clients to create an account, can log in to a call with a URL
- No need for a lot of of bandwidth on Wi-Fi for audio

Cons

- Can sometimes be down without notice
- Clients have trouble figuring out how to mute themselves on web platform
- Visual aspects hugely dependent on Wi-Fi strength

Luis M.

Clearslide was effective and organized at tracking all my email communications with my...

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

The best feature about this tool was the ability organize messages to send in mass quantity and still keep everything organized and effective

Cons

I feel like the tool could have had a few more features to help with certain templates given the user more options on creative things to send out.

Jeremy L.

Reviewed on 2016/06/06

Jeremy K.

The leader in screen sharing technology

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

Pros

Hosting what we're sharing in the cloud removes the normal lag that you can experience with normal screen share options. This is critical to maintaining a successful sales pitch.

Cons

Just had to get used to the cost after using free options prior but it has been worth it.

Presentations and info sharing at its best

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

I love how you can begin to create a library of documentation and how you can borrow from other decks to custom build yours and it only takes a few clicks which means you can honestly do it right before meeting in addition to conducting the meeting right within the application.

Cons

It does take a little bit of getting used to at the beginning so it's not as intuitive as you would expect but once you get the hang of it you realize it is quite simple

Jonah K.
  • Industry: Market Research

I use Clearslide to share presentations with clients and as a conference line.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Mainly a screen sharing tool that has not let me down and a conference line.

Pros

Quickly pull up my presentation/search for others. Uploading is fairly easy as well. Minimal issues with people getting into the presentation.

Cons

Creating links to send is not great. The process itself is tedious. I feel like I should be able to choose 5 presentations I want to send to one company/contact and they should provide me 5 links. Instead I have to do them independently or group them all in one big link.

Seth S.

Great Insight and Presentation Tool

Reviewed on 2015/10/12

Pros

I really enjoy the functionality of Clearslide and the versatility it allows within. Easy to switch between presentations and, with the most recent update, search through the masses of presentations available.

Cons

Would love to have additional functionality in adding select slides from a presentation not presentably on Clearslide. As in - If I have a deck on my hard drive that is 100 slides, and I want to incorporate just 2 of those slides into an existing Clearslide presentation without uploading the entire file.

Adam A.

I have used Clearslide for 5+ years for sales presentations and screen sharing. Very easy to...

Reviewed on 2017/09/23

Increased sales, sped up sales cycle, reduced reliance on old software. Very minimal training or downloads required.

Pros

It's such a simple link to share and it works right away 99% of the time. Much easier to use than GoToMeeting, WebEx, and Zoom. No downloads required (typically). User experience is straightforward and simple. Customer feedback is very positive.

Cons

Animated powerpoint slides don't display great. Could use an admin bar on the side during screen sharing.