ClearSlide Reviews

ClearSlide

Sales engagement platform

3.9/5 (52 reviews)
Simon V.

When this program works, it is great. When it does not, well....you're out of luck.

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

With this software, it has the potential to offer an inside look on when/where the customer is viewing the content of your email. If you are on the side of trying to acquire customers with an email blast, it shows you how many customers view the content and precisely how long they took (seconds) viewing the information sent.

Pros

This software allows you the ability to see when the recipient on the other end of the email opens or views the content. As a vendor, this is extremely helpful when you know this information for a variety of different reasons. When you're able to know ahead of time the % that your consumer base opens or views content, it can create a more targeted approach when emailing.

Cons

If you open the content that you sent to your consumer. It will show that the customer opened the content, which is not true. It leads to a lot of misinterpretation when reviewing data. This creates headaches. Currently we are discussing options with other companies to get away from ClearSlide.

5.0/10
George G.

A great product with a lousy business model and challenging ramp up.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Let me know when this great tool has a total change of management!

Pros

The basic idea of sending decks to customers which report back on not just on opening of the attachment, but how much they read, which pages they lingered on, to whom they forwarded it, etc. is really useful in a sales role. Critical, even. And Clearslide does it better than any other product I've tested to date (and i've really been trying).

Cons

It's not as easy to repurpose your original materials as you'd think. You don't start over, but you spend a lot more time. It's not as easy as, say, attaching a tracking pixel to a page.
Worse, they abuse their customers! I got locked into a yearlong deal by mistake and their reaction? Too bad. And then they automatically re-upped me the next year without permission and handed me the too-bad story again! They require 3-months' notice to terminate your year-long deal. Really? No product is good enough to warrant this 'thank-you-may-have-another' treatment.

3.0/10
Jonah K.

I use Clearslide to share presentations with clients and as a conference line.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Mainly a screen sharing tool that has not let me down and a conference line.

Pros

Quickly pull up my presentation/search for others. Uploading is fairly easy as well. Minimal issues with people getting into the presentation.

Cons

Creating links to send is not great. The process itself is tedious. I feel like I should be able to choose 5 presentations I want to send to one company/contact and they should provide me 5 links. Instead I have to do them independently or group them all in one big link.

7.0/10
Lindsey S.

Great slide sharing tool for presentations and document sending

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

I'm not sure if I have any cautionary tales or advice- it's been a good experience all in all it's been a positive experience.

Pros

Clearslide is a wonderful tool for sales people. I love that I can upload a bunch of presentations and then hide slides as needed, show slides, move slides around, etc without having to re-upload every time I want to make a change. I also like the email tracking for view reports. I liked how you can customize each presentation on the fly as needed for each client and create custom links.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say- I've had a good experience with them.

Victor S.

Clearslide is very useful within our sales team. Benefits outweight the negatives.

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. The ability to store all the decks that we use and customer specific presentation is key. The integration into our CRM is also nice to have and bring everything into a closed loop environment

Cons

The formatting for presentation sometimes does not work and time outs are also an occasional issue. The access for international customers/prospects could be a bit more seamless.

Katherine C.

An easy way to track clicks and to screen share

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

ClearSlide makes it easy to track the clicks and opens of any links to collateral that you send to a prospect. It's also easy to share your screen during a remote meeting.

Cons

The remote meeting function is sometimes fickle and it does not work. This may be due to a full cache or some problem on ClearSlide's end. However, their Customer Service is typically prompt and helps you troubleshoot your issue.

7.0/10

Presentations and info sharing at its best

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

I love how you can begin to create a library of documentation and how you can borrow from other decks to custom build yours and it only takes a few clicks which means you can honestly do it right before meeting in addition to conducting the meeting right within the application.

Cons

It does take a little bit of getting used to at the beginning so it's not as intuitive as you would expect but once you get the hang of it you realize it is quite simple

James W.

ClearSlide has a ton of flexibility!

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Pros

I like the ability to have multiple sales decks loaded, ability to go to a live window, and seamlessly bounce back and forth to provide the client with the best experience.

Cons

Occasionally they have problems with uploading new content and their customer service is not always the fastest.

Mattt J.

I use Clearslide to augment every customer interaction

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The clearslide product is great as a solution to interact with customers. I can use Clearslide to send presentations and view how far my customers have read through them. This allows me to tailor future conversations to cover the material the customers did not read over. This product also allows me to share my screen with mu customers so I can demo products. This also allows me to show the customers exactly what i need them to do or click on.

Cons

Sometimes the java part of this product makes it difficult for some customers to install.

Mattt J.

Clear slide is great for customer interaction

Reviewed on 2018/05/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Clearslide has the usual features, screen share and end user screen control. This makes it easy for the end user to show you exactly what they mean. Clearslide also has document sharing that allows you to see how far someone read your documentation and how long they spent going it. This is great for support and allows you to say "yes i see you read the instructions in 5 secs..."

Cons

The screen share can be a little sluggish depending on where the end user is located. Also the document reading function is dependent on the customer using the provided link. If they dont click you cant see stats.

Ronald W.

Tracking client engagement

Reviewed on 2015/10/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The best part of ClearSlide is that it allows me real time information. I know when clients open view and emails and where they click and for how long. I have found that when I call them after viewing the emails they typically have questions about what they are looking at or trying to find something. The real time alerts really help me better service my clients when they are at the computer and seeking information.

Cons

I don't like the process for sending emails. I wish I could send them without so many clicks. Click optimization is something that I think can be improved. Clicking 3 or more times to send one email is wasting my time.

Kurt L.

Could not use Clearslide & they auto-renew without notice

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/08/22

I only received minimal benefits from Clearslide as we spent a lot of time uploading presentations and creative assets, only to find we could not access them in corporate presentations where internet access was restricted or slowed.

Pros

Clearslide used to work fairly well for sales presentations in-person, online, or via email, but their inability to work well in corporate environments that restrict or throttle internet access for security reasons (like most big companies do), makes it hard to use.

Cons

Other than the fact that my sales team could not use Clearslide for what it was intended, their draconian billing practices are literally the worst. A sales rep offered a 1 year trial subscription. We found out very quickly we could not use the software (and they could confirm by our login and usage statistics), but we lived up to the term of our inital contract. Buyer beware. But then they attempted auto-renewed us for another complete year in advance, and after making several pleas with "customer success" personnel and even the CEO, they sent our account to a collection agency. I reccomend using anything else as there are many better sales presentation options out there, and avoid yourself the hassle of having to remember 90 days in advance of their auto-renew cycel that you need to cancel.

1.0/10
Morgan P.

User-friendly, easy functionality -- worth it!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have my own URL that my clients can pull up on their computer or on their phone. It's also vital for me to see their screens at certain points in the conversation, so it's very beneficial to allow them not only to share their screen, but to have control over the mouse in the "meeting" and run a portion on their end. I love being able to end a pitch because it links to my client's SalesForce account, as well as shows how involved my viewers are during the presentation. It's wonderful both internally and externally, and overall improves my presentations and how I run my meetings. Tracking client engagement is huge. I consider myself spoiled now and will not want my company to switch to any other software.

Cons

I have experienced a couple of issues with the meeting timing out. I also have clients struggle to find the "Share Screen" button when I ask them to switch to their screen. They just have difficulty finding where it is -- which could just be oversight. This is still something that takes a bit of time to get them to notice it in the top right corner.

Amanda B.

Great Platform, but random site crashes

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Great tool, has a few kinks, but does wonders for our business

Pros

You can store & present you content and keep track of how many users click to view your content which is great for sales documents (one pages, OVDs etc). You can also copy content from other presentations so you don't have to reupload it. Presentation sharing is a simple URL & you can show your mouse!

Cons

The customer service when the site goes down isn't very helpful or quick. There's little flexibility in the format of items you upload.

6.0/10
David K.

Helpful product but could use some updates

Reviewed on 2015/10/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that you can see when someone opens the documents I send. I also like the fact that I can change the contents of the document after its been sent.

Cons

The details of the person viewing your documents can be misleading since I often send the materials to many viewers but I am only able to include one recipient's name. Also if someone downloads the product, it does not tell me. They should also give the sender an option to make the recipient have to provide their name in order to download and then provide that back to the sender as additional feedback.

Seth S.

Great Insight and Presentation Tool

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I really enjoy the functionality of Clearslide and the versatility it allows within. Easy to switch between presentations and, with the most recent update, search through the masses of presentations available.

Cons

Would love to have additional functionality in adding select slides from a presentation not presentably on Clearslide. As in - If I have a deck on my hard drive that is 100 slides, and I want to incorporate just 2 of those slides into an existing Clearslide presentation without uploading the entire file.

Adam A.

I have used Clearslide for 5+ years for sales presentations and screen sharing. Very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/09/23

Increased sales, sped up sales cycle, reduced reliance on old software. Very minimal training or downloads required.

Pros

It's such a simple link to share and it works right away 99% of the time. Much easier to use than GoToMeeting, WebEx, and Zoom. No downloads required (typically). User experience is straightforward and simple. Customer feedback is very positive.

Cons

Animated powerpoint slides don't display great. Could use an admin bar on the side during screen sharing.

Grace K.

Clearslide is the best presentation tool our sales team has!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love how easy Clearslide is to use for the people attending the presentation. They do not need to download anything or go to a tricky link. Instead they are able to easily access my presentation and screen share. I also love how easy it is to log notes in salesforce after the presentation has been completed. It allows our sales team to keep track of everything and stay organized.

Cons

I wish the presentations were easier to organize within our company account. Each sales rep has multiple custom decks and they are all in the same view. It would be helpful if we could keep content in folders.

Excellent meeting and enablement tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/22
Review Source

Pros

Clearslide has evolved. It integrates well with salesforce, the ability to track and see the time a person is key. Collaboration is super easy, mass email templates also easy to use.

Cons

For all enablement tools there needs to be a business owner for it to drive adoption use and training. This is especifically important with clearslide to make sure you get value for money

Matt H.

Clearslide Review

Reviewed on 2015/10/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I think Clearslide provides a pretty interesting mix of capabilities I haven't seen packaged together by other sales enablement vendors.

Cons

I think they could improve their video chat functionality, (which I believe is on their roadmap.) I also think there shouldn't be limits on the alerts sales reps get when people engage with their content.

Matthew S.

Showing is the key to selling.

Reviewed on 2015/10/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The greatest benefit to ClearSlide is the ability to demonstrate "how" your product will directly benefit your client, allowing you to demonstrate how they can utilize it and make it their own.

Cons

The newer Java screen share integration can be a little confusing and because there is a delay in switching from the demonstration to a live screen share (dark screen) it creates a minor potential for disconnect between the client and presenter.

Steve K.

Great platform for sales

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

Clearslide is one of the most widely used tools in our sales team. The platform is easy to use and integrates seamlessly into salesforce.

Pros

Ease of use, integration with Salesforce.com

Caroline M.

Clearslide is great!

Reviewed on 2015/10/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that I can just send a Clearslide link to a customer and they can see my screenshare, as opposed to the customer having to download WebEx or need a code for a gotomeeting. I also used to store presentations on Clearslide, which was helpful when sending to customers so they didn't have to download the file AND I could track the open-rate.

Cons

My colleague has run into some issues with Clearslide not functioning for her, but I have not had any problems.

Robert L.

Clearslide is a good service

Reviewed on 2015/10/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We have a central place to put presentations. It's easy to use for setting up sales calls and pitches

Cons

I wish I could have basic edit functionality within the slides in the interface.

Greg M.

I have been using ClearSlide for the better part of a year.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

ClearSlide has been very responsive to making product updates to better meet our needs. Additionally, I love how I am able to track precisely when someone views my emails (and then watch them real-time as they go through each slide).

Cons

I wish that the product was better integrated into Outlook and SalesForce. Additionally, I wish that I were able to selectively remove the header in my live pitches... the header makes it difficult to present the pitch on a projector.