Steve W.

One of the few apps I use every single day...essential for devs or for digital life!

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Pros

They have trialled and tested this product a lot; that is obvious. It is ridiculously easy to use and offers the ability to create animated gifs, screengrab video (with or without use of your webcam and mic to record your face and voice) and screengrabs which you can annotate. The software sits quietly in the background not using too many resources until you know you need it and the easy shortcuts can help you get going. I use a lot of the images and animated gifs for interactive training materials and plans.

Cons

The only thing I wish you could do with CloudApp is choose the default copy type after you have taken a screengrab, video or GIF. Right now, the software auto copies the link to the image / video but there are other options including copy a direct link (so just the image on a page without editing options etc.) and a copy to the content iself (ie. if you take a screengrab you can copy the image directly into documents and emails). It would be ideal if you could chose which of these the software does by default to make it even more convenient. Other than that, the software could not be better!

Carl L.

Big fan, love it!!

Reviewed on 2016/08/27

I'm a huge fan of CloudApp. Been using them for the last 6 months. Started out where a few of my team members in the customer support team were using it, so I jumped in to give it a try too. At first I was just using it to take a few screenshots here and there, but what ended up being hugely helpful in my day to day support workflow was being able to answer our customers questions with a quick custom video. We get a ton of questions from our customers but they don't always quite understand our documentation. We do our best!! But with CloudApp I can send a short video that I personally made in 10-15 seconds answering a question visually, rather than writing out a couple paragraphs of text.

Since we use Zendesk, I find myself wishing that CloudApp had a Zendesk integration. Usually I have to copy a short CloudApp link to a ticket or upload the gif directly but I'd love to see it made a bit easier.

Visual search had been really great so far too. Would love to see a Giphy integration so I can search for my stuff and maybe search for something that makes me or a team member laugh that I could share.

Last thing would be our Intercom client. We get a lot of customer tickets from our website and if I paste a link into a chat it doesn't show a preview. Intercom, if you're reading this, get that fixed!

Pros

1) Huge time saver.
2) A much easier way to show my team (or friends) a visual to answer a question.
3) Works extremely well in my support team

Cons

1) It doesn't have a Gmail/Chrome integration.
2) They don't have a great mobile app. There's a few in the App Store but none of them give as good as an experience as their Mac desktop app.

Response from CloudApp

Thank you Carl for your amazing review!

It is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Derek Rey / CloudApp

Darcy P.

Quick, easy, neat, I feel like a pro!

Reviewed on 2017/05/03

I can quickly get my thoughts across to customers and team members. It's simple and fast. I really couldn't go a day without it.

Pros

It's quick to load and the fact that the link absorbs into the clipboard is SO easy and fast.

There are multiple ways to use it - downloads, webcam vids, screenshare vids with voice, GIFs of screen, images, annotations. Really - there are SO many ways to up your game in social and customer care by using CloudApp.

Cons

Small screenshots don't always come out readable without clicking on them and waiting to see what it is.

The head of the arrow in the Annotations is super huge and I often have to find workarounds when I'd really like to use it. It would be cool to shrink it width-wise along with length-wise.

I wish you could copy/paste annotation components (arrows that you've sized a certain way, text, etc.) Click on the element, ctrl+c, ctrl+v

I wish there was a solid box in annotations that you could add. There's an outline, but not a solid box or circle that I've discovered.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Huge savings in productivity.

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

I am a Product Manager and often, due to the speed at which we work and the people I work with, words are not the best medium to convey thoughts when you discover snags or bugs. Developers are busy people and want to build things and move on. CloudApp lets me visually capture product behavior to explain desired functionality, in the form of videos and gifs and thus speed up communication within my team. I really love the tool.

Pros

The ability to capture screenshots and annotate them with comments or arrows. The ability to capture videos as well as gifs has enabled me to be more productive. As a Product Manager, I can enhance my documentation efforts by bringing in a visual component to requirements and bug descriptions. It has helped me writing feature walkthroughs as well as explain competitive product offerings to my team.

Cons

Every once in a while, I have observed that the tool's library shows captured screenshots which I hadn't intended to capture. It may be due to the fact that the shortcut keys on the keyboard (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+5) are close to a frequently used shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Del). It's either that or maybe it's just...fat fingers!

Lauren P.

Cloudapp is amazing for communication between engineers, designers, and pms.

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Better teamwork/communication overall, especially for front-end development work. Also more flexibility for remote work (working from home for sickness/weather/holiday season).

Pros

I love how fast everything gets generated and how easy it is to use. I work on the frontend team at my company, and I'm always sending videos and gifs to our designer for product review, as well as to our PM when filing issues. It's incredibly helpful to be able to take a quick video to show navigation flow, testing results, and edge cases, and it's way easier to have a visual than it is to explain things in technical terms. It's also wicked useful for remote work-- holiday season has made things kind of funky with everyone working from home, but I don't feel like I've lost on communication this time of year thanks to Cloudapp.

Cons

There are times I wish I could annotate or crop videos. I will say though, Cloudapp has been great about steadily adding features, so I'm not too worried/it's not even a pressing issue haha.

Fraser N.

The handiest tool for image capture

Reviewed on 2019/12/22

It is one of the handiest tools in my online toolbox and saves me a lot of time now that I don't have to clip screenshots and then save them as images and upload them to an email. Now i can just paste the URL of the screenshot for anyone to see immediately

Pros

It is simple to use and makes sharing discoveries and problems with your team or with a support team so much easier

Cons

The Windows app has previously been a bit unstable and did not work properly for a while but recent updates have cured this.

Karen H.
  • Industry: Design

Quickly share and embed videos!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Overall its been a win for me and people are impressed when I share a video instead of just typing a response to a question they may have.

Pros

I work with a lot of people remotely and sometimes an email is not the best method to communicate. It's easier to record a video and share exactly what I need to. CloudApp solves that plus it easily integrates with my project management tool so people can just click and watch the video while in the app. I can also down the original file and upload it to other video sharing platforms like YouTube.

Cons

On a rare occasion, it can glitch when opening but it's a rare case for me. Usually, I just restart the application and its fine.

Shekhor B.

A good screenshot application

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

I talked with their support and they promptly replied on that and asked me to join their beta testing program so that I can always share my experience about the bugs. I believe they already have fixed bug. Who knows may be some day I will give CloudApp another shot again

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use and does the work pretty neatly. Store the screenshots in the cloud and also shared weekly analytics of those screenshots. Have annotations feature which is also pretty neat.

Cons

At the time I left using this software, they had bug in their screen recording function. From that day I am using another program instead of it.

Bryan B.

This has quickly become one of my favorite apps

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Pros

It's incredibly simple to use and extremely fast. It does a great job with screen recording and screenshots, but we have found it to also be an excellent way to share design proofs with our clients. Just drop any large file over the icon in the Mac toolbar and it will automatically copy a sharing link to your clipboard - even if the file hasn't finished uploading. By the time you write up an email and send it, the file is uploaded and the sharing page is active. It is MUCH faster than using Dropbox, Google Drive, or any of the other tools we've used for sharing files. The sharing page is really nice, too. It has a simple feature for our clients to leave comments or annotate the files we've shared. We love this app. It's a huge time saver.

Cons

They have some nice integrations with Trello and Slack, but those aren't tools that we use. Hopefully, they'll add other integrations at some point.

Lily S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Screen Sharing is Fun With CloudApp

Reviewed on 2018/11/10

Pros

Just remember one shortcut keys combination to capture your screen (or two if you also want to record your screen), and you are good to go. Anytime you need to share anything on your screen, hit the key combo, and you'll get the link to the image/video ready to share.

Cons

There's no option to capture a window, and you can't pre-set the image/video size.

Great if you are using it together with Basecamp or Trello

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Would recommend if functionality is improved!

Pros

I use cloud app to share screenshots and mini recordings on basecamp with my team. I like the way it integrates, and the many options I have with it. I gave 4 stars in value for money because I got it as an AppSumo deal, so there's that. Otherwise, what I describe under "cons" would have made much more of a difference, but since the deal was a really a good one, the features that I am currently able to use are an overall positive for me.

Cons

The chrome extension is really buggy. I had to contact customer support more than once about problems with it and limited functionality. Plus, at least last time I checked, there was no way to annotate GIFs which is something I was really looking forward to doing with this app.

Ed O.
  • Industry: Design

Integral part of my workflow

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Pros

Not a work day goes by that I don't use cloudapp's annotated screenshots.
It's become second nature to me. It's so fast and easy to use.

Cons

It's somewhat buggy. Sometimes my screenshots can't be seen by others.

Tobias M.
  • Industry: Design

CloudApp has made sharing screenshots so much easier

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

I love how easy CloudApp is to use! Really makes it super easy to share screenshot and even draw on them as well. CloudApp is saving me for so much extra work!

Cons

Some of the previous versions was a bit buggy... However, most of the bugs seems to have been fixed! Sometimes CloudApp is using too much memory just on idle... with only 8GB RAM this is crucial issue.

Seth F.

Cloudapp is a super-flexible way to take and annotate screenshots, create gifs, and record...

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Despite the technical issues, CloudApp is a perfect solution for remote customer support - it's an easy way to use visuals to communicate important information to a customer.

Pros

CloudApp does just about everything I've wanted it to do - I rarely think of an additional feature without finding it already in the software.

Cons

I've had numerous issues with the software in the past - random crashes, skyrocketing RAM usage that slows my computer to a crawl. Most recently, GIFs have been killing my internet connection for about 2 minutes while they upload. A fresh computer with an SSD and newest gen i5 processor improved my experience significantly, but using an older machine may turn using CloudApp into a headache.

Eric B.

Ve

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Share instantly.

Pros

It is useful and easy to use. I use it daily in my work to share screen captures with my team and attach any required evidence to our service tickets.

I like that the app uploads the files to the cloud automatically and almost instantaneously, also generates a short link ready to share.

Cons

You can not copy the files to the operating system clipboard so you can paste them into another app.

Amazing video/screenshot tool

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

It's super easy to use, has almost every feature I look for in a tool like this, and was really reasonably priced for my team. Disclaimer: I got this software at a big discount through a special promo. I'm not actually sure what the full price is.

Cons

Some of the more advanced features are a little difficult to figure out but a quick look at the knowledgebase is all you need

love it step by step

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

faster onboarding and lower support cost - lower churn and better recommendation rates for new and existing customers. the main burden so far was to re-arrange the workflow on our end - but that´s the same with any new software that´s joining the stack

Pros

using CloudApp is super easy and intuitive - we track and document processes to share them - which allows us to build animated manuals with a breathe

Jean-baptiste R.

Can't organise a training, onboarding or explanation without CloudApp !

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

I work, review and train faster !

Pros

Ease of use, shortcuts easy to remember, possibility to edit GIF and PNG. I use the drag and drop feature in mail, slack, notes (SLITE), Google docs, etc.

Cons

A lot of features I don't use yet, perhaps a bit to much to begin with ! You really need to get on the settings before using it or you may have too much information.

Vitali K.
  • Industry: Accounting

Very convenient service for screenshots

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

I use in work
Quickly and visually share with colleagues and customers
You can add annotations quickly
Record desktop video - cool feature

Pros

Setup in 1 minute
Hotkeys to use
1 second and your screenshots in the cloud and instant insertion of link document

Cons

The service is very convenient to use.
Not found

Tiit A.

Easy to share my notations either customer's/partners

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

Full page screenshot
easy annotations
Ad-hoc screencast
Easy sharing with others
Enough storage to store my data

Cons

None, other than mobile support

Rafael R.

It's been awesome, never remembered how easy it could be to share content.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

I really like the instant screenshot and how freaking fast it is to send something to my colleges through pasting the link in Slack.

Cons

I think that there should be a infinite replay feature for the videos, it's a lot easier to do animations and such if we had that feature.

Great app but feels slow and also seems to slow down my operating system.

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

Improved efficiency

Pros

Very convenient and useful app that reduces the number of steps needed in my workflow and makes my daily work tasks more efficient.

Cons

Very slow and also seems to slow down my operating system. I also can't seem to drag and drop my files directly into the app and have to use the "Upload from computer" button which slows me down.

Faizan I.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

CloudApp Summary

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

Overall, It was a good experience to use this app. It is getting more popular day by day.

Pros

- Screenshot URL is automatically copied.
- The feature I like the most is that CloudApp send a mail when someone visits your ScreenShot.

Cons

- Need to improve the UI.
- It is also expensive than other apps related to their features.
- Sometimes the link does not work may be due to other extensions in the browser.

Jasmine W.
  • Industry: Design

Used to hold images to upload to an online marketing e-newsletter

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Easy to use to upload & retrieve files I need especially when using online based programs that need the image to have a url etc...

Pros

Amazing ease of use. You can easily find the file you want as they provide small thumbnails. It just sits on your toolbar & you can grab stuff & upload stuff with one click. Easy :)

Lucas H.

Screen recordings with polish

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

CloudApp makes it easy to record and share screen recordings, either as GIFs or as videos. I particularly like the optional picture-in-picture mode, and I found that this app worked with fewer limitations than alternatives.

Pros

I have used competitors whose styling mimics CloudApp (or is it the other way around) but CloudApp gets the recording experience right: intuitive controls, automatic uploading, and available trimming of videos.

Cons

This app doesn't work so well as a simple screenshot tool. While you can copy content directly from the app, I find myself wishing for the simpler experience of older apps such as Greenshot and Lightshot. In addition, the free version is fairly limited, though still good enough for occasional users.