Adobe Commerce Reviews

3.7/5
4.0/5

Greice
Greice

Greater security, stability and customizations

Reviewed on 2021/04/13

My experience, with a customized products website, is the best possible, after everything installed I never had any problems with updates or conflicts.

Pros

MAGENTO provides a system that is the most customizable, stable and secure. Integrating it with your add-ons is easy and hassle-free. Of course, to have it all, you need a robust hosting that is consistent with the system.

Cons

Because it is more robust and requires a higher quality hosting, we also have a more exclusive product without the appearance of sites made on other systems that are all similar.

Great Ecommerce Platform - Can be costly

Reviewed on 2023/06/05

It's a great product, from a great company. It can be expensive to develop out however, its a small investment into your business.

Pros

Adobe Commerce has been around for a number of years. It's well thought out and its ecosystem is much more mature than other carts. I like its ability to extend it's functionality using third party extensions. It's also relatively easy to find developers seeing how so many businesses use it.

Cons

It can be complex, seeing how customizable it is. While just about anything can be done via Adobe Commerce, be prepared for it to be costly.

OpenCart, WooCommerce and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Commerce

Adobe Commerce supports more of a enterprise level client.

WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Commerce

Adobe's long standing track record of working with the largest ecommerce stores in the world.
Carla

Adobe Commerce: The Best Ecommerce and Inventory Management System

Reviewed on 2024/05/01

Pros

Adobe Commerce features are so incredible.
It has been a super excellent tool for inventory management.

Cons

Adobe Commerce has never disappointed us.

Was one of the best. Not anymore

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Pros

Magento started as a great ecommerce platform catered to all business of any sizes. Sadly, since 2018 it has succumbed to the B2c business model of Adobe and the likes which reduces even more an already small open source market.

Cons

Since 2018 and with the adquisition from Adobe, one of the best ecommerce platforms in the market succumbed to the greed of the B2C business model of Adobe and the likes which pretty much milk their products through subscriptions. Which resulted in an almost abandoned and forgotten open souce version.

OpenCart, WordPress and Shopify

Best Enterprise Level eCommerce Platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Magento is incredible if you have the technical team and developers that know how to work with it and make it shine.

Pros

Magento has a lot of functionality out of the box to set up and ecommerce store. The UX for M2 is significantly better than it was on M1. You can really narrow down the scope of permissions that your provide to users.

Cons

There have been a lot of bugs that have come up that should have been worked out before release. There is a fairly high technical barrier to entry compared to other platforms.

WordPress and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Commerce

It offers the best platform to customize development work on top of for an enterprise level site.

Great For Larger Businesses

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Mostly positive. Any obstacle can be overcome but still if I didn't need the bells and whistles I would go somewhere else.

Pros

Magento is open source. You can add anything you want there are an unlimited number of developers and extensions available and with Magento 2 the code is more regulated. It is very easy to scale.

Cons

Time intensive. For anyone who doesn't need frills Magento is a hassle. It requires constant care, constantly has performance issues and you always need to work on those. It's a highly used platform that is always open to attacks and so security updates need to be done regularly by your in-house or outsourced IT team. It's a lot of work.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Comprehensive and powerful e-commerce software

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

We've been using Magento for our company website for over 4 years. It allows us to easily showcase hundreds of products, while making it easy to update and maintain.

Pros

It is packed with features. I have used it for years and I still don't know all of it's capabilities. If you're looking to do anything with an ecommerce site, then magento can deliver. There are numerous free and paid extensions to expand the capabilities. It's very easy to code, so hiring a programmer for custom work is cheap and easy as well.

Cons

The learning curve is moderately steep, but it's nothing insurmountable. It just takes some practice and patience.

Wix and WordPress

Wix and WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Commerce

Easier customization, better security, more features, more robust
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Ecommerce solution for all sizes

Reviewed on 2022/05/17

Pros

Its content and product structure is solid. It is a robust paltforrm that will allow you to scale.

Cons

Little bugs now and there made it a bit of a hassle, they would get fixed but it bother us every now and then.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Commerce

Free to start at that time and it had a big footprint in the world.
Adam
Adam
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Robust Platform with Issues

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Magento isn't the best option for simple ecommerce but as a robust platform there are a lot worse out there.

Pros

There are so many add-ons and options available that it is one of the most comprehensive options. It is also great for our 10,000+ product catalog.

Cons

Very choppy sometimes, not sure if it was our developer however but weird things happen when trying to duplicate or delete products.

Joanna Marie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

My experience

Reviewed on 2024/05/20

Overall all is great, Adobe Commerce is absolutely amazing for us.

Overall all is great, Adobe Commerce is absolutely amazing for us.

Pros

The features of Adobe Commerce are easy to use. It has been excellent tool for inventory management

Cons

Adobe Commerce has been amazing and helpful. No issue.

Scott

Complicated But Can't Be Beat

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

I began using Magento over 15 years ago, in one of their earliest versions, when I had outgrown some of the boxed ASP.net solutions available at the time. The open source nature of the software is absolutely amazing, and it has been fun to watch it expand over all these years. Today I am running 6 different websites with different versions of Magento, and I've built many more than that, most of which are still in use. Magento makes it easy to create and deploy affordable eCommerce solutions that scale and grow with the customer, even if it is a bit tricky to learn for beginners.

Pros

Magento is easily the most extensive and full-featured piece of open-source eCommerce out there. Once you understand the layout, you'll find that it is very intuitive and flows perfectly. What really shines for me for Magento is all the different options available out there. Not only are there open source versions you can host and manage yourself, but you can pay for the enterprise versions too. There is basically a plug-in or module available at this point for anything you need to accomplish, along with thousands of professionals out there that can help if you get in a jam. Best of all, Magento easily grows with you and is simple to harness and hold back features from, any easy to unchain it and grow with you.

Cons

It took me a good bit of time to learn AND get comfortable with this software and how it works, which was a bit of a pain, so this software isn't for the faint of heart or a weekend warrior shop keeper who doesn't have extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP, etc.

Wix, PrestaShop and Shopify POS

Wix, PrestaShop and Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Commerce

Magento is open source and more powerful and extensive than all the rest.
Rhiannon

Community version is the only affordable option for a small business

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

I started out with Shopify, as recommended by my IT, but I’m really thankful I moved over to Magento community version. It costs more to buildup front, but the money I put into it is mine to keep in that I pay for a module once, and not on a monthly subscription. I also have complete power over my data and can change hosting as needed. My accountant tells me there’s more resale value in a Magento site as such.
There’s a much bigger learning curve with Magento, but the sheer power, vast features, and total flexibility for outweigh any cons.

Pros

Magento is an incredibly powerful tool. I investigated all the biggies in e-commerce when making the decision which one to implement for my store and magento came out on top each time. Everything is customizable and if something isn’t in the settings, there’s literally a module for that or one can hire a dev to build a custom module.
Scalability is not at all an issue in this platform, which means you’re growing pains in the future. There’s nothing worse than putting in $100,000 of development work on a site that is obsolete in a few years.
Unlike other platforms like Shopify and Woocommerce, this option has a more professional look and is a far more robust system. It’s also less likely to be used by scammer sites (Shopify is loaded with fake sites and the company doesn’t do much to stop this fraud.)
The Magento dev community is strong and there is a lot of support online for newbies like me who have questions.

Cons

The enterprise version is insanely expensive. Not only do you pay a monthly fee, but the modules themselves cost double to three times more money than their community edition counterparts.
The enterprise version doesn’t give flexibility of hosting providers and support only goes so far until we have to hire private devs for custom work.
With both enterprise and community versions, Unless someone is well-versed in PHP, you’ll be forking out money for developers.

WooCommerce and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Commerce

Shopify support was absolutely terrible and literally left me in tears by how I was treated by the support agent, who refused to hand me off to someone else. The only way to get the site to function as I needed it to was to throw thousands of dollars every month at various subscription based modules. They really nickel and dime their clients. Thankfully, Many of the features I need it came automatically with Magento community edition.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Commerce

Magento has far more functions, features and options out of the box than anything else. The database is robust and the system has been around long enough to know it’s not going to close shop any time soon.
Christos

The most sophisticated platform to build online stores

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Magento has helped us provide our clients with the best online stores possible. The websites are robust, fast, and safe.

Pros

With magento we are able to build the best performing online stores for our clients. Magento is very robust and can support online stores of huge volumes of traffic or products.

Cons

Magento is quite difficult to set-up. A lot of infrastructure is required even for the simplest online store which makes it suitable only for high-end clients.

WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Commerce

Magento is a much more robust platform for high demand online stores.
Letlet

Adobe Commerce: The Game-Changing E-commerce Platform You Need to Know About

Reviewed on 2023/03/02

The difficulty in creating and managing personalized customer experiences on our e-commerce websites was one of our primary business issues prior to implementing Adobe Commerce. However, we have been able to easily develop and modify our websites to meet the specific requirements of our clients thanks to Adobe Commerce.There are numerous advantages to using Adobe Commerce. First, we were able to divide our customers into groups based on factors like their demographics, user activity, shopping cart, and previous purchases. We have been able to tailor content, pricing, and promotions to specific customers thanks to this, which has resulted in increased sales and customer satisfaction. Additionally, our website has seen an increase in traffic and conversion rates as a result of Adobe Commerce's SEO-friendly features increasing our website's visibility and ranking on search engines.We have also discovered that customization and ease of use are benefits. Customizing usability, shopping carts, and online store features has been simple for us thanks to the rule-based product relations and drag-and-drop page builder. In addition, we have been able to test new modules and roll back changes if necessary, ensuring that the customer journey is always optimized.In general, working with Adobe Commerce has been a fantastic experience.

Pros

I can confidently assert that Adobe Commerce has revolutionized our e-commerce operations. We were able to create and manage our e-commerce website with minimal technical expertise thanks to the drag-and-drop page builders. We have been able to provide our customers with a more individualized shopping experience thanks to the features for targeting and segmenting customers, which has resulted in increased sales and customer loyalty.The ability to create pricing and promotions for multiple e-commerce sites is one of Adobe Commerce's main advantages. We are able to offer discounts and promotions to a variety of customers and market segments through multiple channels by using rule-based up-selling and targeted promotions. We have been able to offer personalized discounts and promotions to our customers, which has not only helped us increase our sales but also strengthened our relationships with them.Adobe Commerce's drag-and-drop custom page builder is yet another great feature. We can now tailor content to specific customer segments and upload it, ensuring that only relevant content is included in the customer journey. Site owners can view and experience the site's content as a customer because all edits and changes are saved for future reference and content staging preview.Overall, I would highly recommend Adobe Commerce to any company that wants to improve its e-commerce capabilities and give its customers a personalized shopping experience.

Cons

I must admit that the platform's steep learning curve is one of its biggest drawbacks. For new users, it can be frustrating because it can take some time to comprehend all of the platform's features and functions. However, Adobe Commerce can be a useful management tool for your e-commerce business once you get the hang of it.The platform's high price is another drawback I've encountered. Adobe Commerce is designed for larger businesses, so it can be quite pricey. For smaller businesses looking to enter the e-commerce market, this may be a barrier.However, Adobe Commerce's advantages far outweigh its drawbacks. I believe it is well worth the investment for businesses looking to expand their e-commerce capabilities.

Charlie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

An In-depth eCommerce platform if you know how to use it to its potential.

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Great platform if you have the development team and budget behind you!

Great platform if you have the development team and budget behind you!

Pros

I've been using Magento for over 2 years as the main eCommerce platform for an internet based company and is a great bit of kit if you know what your doing. Magento offer a couple of versions to choose from, giving you the ability to select the right platform for your level of expertise.

The platform itself offers an indepth eCommerce system with the ability to pull reports, manage products, promotions, sales and much more, easily and effectively while offering a whole load of other back ground features to really help take your business to another level.

In terms of support there is a whole world of this available via reading Q&A or by contacting them directly. They have a whole help centre dedicated to their platform and offering reasonable support when needed.

Cons

If you're a beginner into the world of eCommerce platforms then Magento isn't the platform for you. The interface is complex and can come across as a bit overwhelming if you don't know where you're looking for something. While it is a great platform, it is aimed at developers who have the experience to know what they are doing with it. Its not a platform for small businesses looking to set up shop for the first time.

While not a direct reflection on Magento, we suffered lots of attacks from spam bots, some reports where not filtering correctly and we eventually changed to Wordpress when we rebranded. The move was a welcome one as unless you really get to depths with Magento, it can have a draw back effect.

Binujaya

Magento – The largest community that one can have

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

In short words, I wouldn’t recommend using this software. It’s has a lot of flaws which need to be fixed as fast as possible. Other software is much better than Magento. It’s not worth your time and money. It’s too expensive and provides little for that kind of money. If you can avoid using Magento that would be perfect for you or your company.

Pros

What I like about Magento is that they have a large community. A lot of people are using Magento and they are facing the same problems as you. So they can help you out if you just reach them. One simple message should be fine. This is the main thing that I like but besides this Magento offers you some features that other software companies don’t. Like managing multiple stores or if you want you can manage just one. By managing an online store Magento offers you full control over the store and the codes and you can develop them in a way that you want.

Cons

Now what I don’t like is that for you to use Magento you need to have some previous experience in coding. It’s not easy to use, not everyone can use it. Another thing is that is costly. It’s not worth the money that you are giving because you won’t get anything in return. Magento sometimes works very slow which is not optimal if you are managing a store. Plus it doesn’t have any customer service support which means you are on your own.

Samuel
  • Used for 1+ year

Robust, but SO Much Work to Use

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Honestly, very few. I suppose it's good to have gained a little experience with Magento to add to my repertoire, but that's about it.

Pros

There are a plethora of installed features: search term synonyms, built-in marketing tools, detailed shipping/packaging settings, separate catalog and cart price rules, etc. It's a monster of a platform, one that serves many companies very well. Not having to install a hundred plugins (like on WP) to do what Magento does out of the box is a plus, for sure, not to mention having to worry about the compatibility, support, and updates on WP plugins.

Cons

Go away for 5 minutes, you're signed out. Also, literally every website I download Magento to has to have everything reindexed. I get this message immediately after installing Magento: "One or more indexers are invalid. Make sure your Magento cron job is running." Very little info out there on how to fix this, so the first go around was a bit tricky. Not impossible or difficult now, but it's not a good feeling when you install software and immediately it appears broken.

It is simply not easy to make a site look good with Magento. You can, for sure, but it requires SO much more work than other platforms, and there's not an easy way to view the front end without going live.

The idea of not having plugins seemed appealing, but after using Magento, I only use WP with WooCommerce unless a client near-demands that I use Magento. It just takes way to long to create anything. The time I would have spent installing, updating, or researching plugins in WP, I wasted just trying to find my way around Magento. There should be a way to create a quick menu or admin favorites bar or something, so it doesn't take 3 clicks/pages just to get to where you want to be.

• Used for 2+ years

With Magento, developer training is important

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

My introduction to Magento was very bad. I was a developer that got handed a Magento website that had been built by someone who had never used Magento before. I broke many things. I fixed other things. I would find about 5 articles describing how to fix something and none of them said the same thing and sometimes none of it would work.
I took an introduction to Magento course and things started making a lot more sense.
Please, for the sanity of whoever builds your site, make sure they get training if they need it.

Pros

Magento lets you do so much right out of the box even with the free community edition. It has great product management, comprehensive discounting options, multilingual functionality and more. Customization can also be done to hook Magento into your CRM software, simplifying inventory management.
Since Magento is so popular there's a good chance that if you have a problem to solve someone else has already tried, and possibly succeeded, at solving it. There is a large plugin marketplace.

Cons

Magento is a beast. You will not be able to make template or other programmatic changes to a Magento without a developer. Even then, the developer you have may struggle because the code can be complicated and confusing and online resources are often out of date or for the wrong version. If you are going to use Magento I strongly recommend that you get a developer that has worked on at least one Magento in the past. If you have the money and time to get your developer trained, Magento offers courses and I found them quite helpful.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Industrial performance on an open source platform

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Incredible way to leverage the power of e-commerce on the internet.

Incredible way to leverage the power of e-commerce on the internet.

Pros

Magento proves time and time again to be scalable beyond any other e-commerce platform that I've tried. With millions of plugins and plenty of developers working freelance worldwide, we've never hit a problem that can't be solved with an inexpensive plugin or a few hours of third-party development costs.

We've put through tens of millions of pounds of transactions throughout the years and the ability of the websites to handle peaks and troughs of traffic are unparalleled.

Cons

The software needs a true developer to customise it's functionality. If you wish to do something that is not handled by a plugin, the process of specifying and developing a custom function takes more involvement than on other platforms. Magento provides a bulletproof solution for enterprises where a member of staff can be tasked with the daily running of the site, it's not a "fire and Forget" solution by any stretch of the imagination.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Still the best scalable e-commerce platform i've used

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Am surprised that Magento sort of ranks below Joomla, drupal and shopify in current market shares but I would definitely be comfortable with only relying on Magento

Pros

Magento has been around a long time and has many stable patches released, community of forums and help along with long list of extensions/plugins. Magento structure is nice for keeping up and learning MVC. The free community edition is already enough to run full fledge e-commerce site as well as given the option to do multi-stores in the same account. As a developer i did not want a out of the block low-coding to start off with (wordpress/shopify) so its a great tool to keep up with.

Cons

Magento initially always tends to be pretty slow. The admin procedures such as exports, updating, backup, etc all seem a little unstable at times. Understanding your current state and limit of scalability(before improving it some other way) always seems questionable or hard to gauge at first.

Aris
Aris
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Magento for big expectations

Reviewed on 2021/01/03

We are using Magento mostly to develop vendor marketplaces, multi-store marketplaces, supplier e-shops that are serving XML and JSON feeds with thousands of products to retail stores. It's stability and power for those type of projects is amazing and never failed us or any of our customers on production.

Pros

As a developer when using Magento for big projects I like that I can develop my extensions using Composer which I am familiar using with other projects too, making development easier and familiar. I like the One Page Checkout feature that is offered out of the box, because with other e-commerce platforms I need to install a template to convert the checkout page to 1-page checkout. Customers usually leave if the steps required to complete an order are many or hard to complete. Varnish for caching is a MUST and easy to setup on Magento, that's what I like most, because for big scale projects caching and performance is always required by default!

Cons

Magento is already secure, but I would recommend to make more security tools or strict development guidelines especially for developers, that if the community follows, it will take security of the platform to another level. This would be very useful for big scale projects and big companies that are relied on Magento to store and secure sensitive data.

César
César
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Take your business to another level

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

My experience with this platform is 10/10, it can be difficult to use at first, but once you get used to it, there is no other better option. You can manage all the sections of a virtual store, with the security and confidence that Adobe always provides. Highly recommended.

Pros

Adobe Commerce is a software for the creation of commercial platforms, it is part of the Adobe ecosystem for the bad and the good. It is a software with many tools, you can create what you want due to the countless customization options it offers, from shopping lists, offer systems, catalog subdivisions, segmentation by type of article, etc. In addition, all the other commercial demands that you have can be covered, such as logistical problems or customer service. Overall, it's a great platform, possibly the best of its kind, and highly recommended if you want to start a business with a virtual presence.

Cons

The price of entry can be quite expensive, and the interface can become overwhelming due to all the options it offers, so the learning curve at first can be slow.

Emily
Emily
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Free e-commerce platform to boost your business capabilities

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

You can interact with your customers and clients easily as well as you can send automated emails as reminders for your customers to proceed with their purchasing details, or their shipment status, etc. The customer targeting feature lets you configure relevant sets of products to each segment of customers. You can integrate with fraud detection tools to minimize the chances of fraudulent customer or vendor behaviors. It allows admins to personalize their management interface for their convenience.

Pros

With help of this platform, you can build your innovative businesses through e-commerce websites and provide your customers with enhanced shopping experiences. You can implement customer segmentation to serve each client accordingly and helps in providing personalized shopping experiences to your customers. It allows you to specify prices for your different product categories and you can customize prices and promotions with different discount rates. You cand add different shipping and payment methods.

Cons

Launching projects on this platform seems to be very slow. Magento’s renewal costs may be expensive for smaller companies. It is resource intensive and you are required to have a heavier server to deploy and run this program. Sometimes it can be buggy with payment handles and sales tracking, otherwise, if you have to run non complex and smaller businesses, you probably will not face any of such issues with this software.

• Industry: Public Safety

It was easy to transition from WordPress to Magento for a large e-commerce site

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Ability to successfully handle business with various types of customers for a business that does both b2c and b2b.

Pros

I used to think that WordPress was the best CMS available. However, once I started working for a company with complex e-commerce needs, I soon realized that WordPress just wouldn't do the job. What I enjoy about Magento is its ability to handle complex systems, and it's ability to integrate with various systems and plugins. Our business is both b2c and b2b, and I'm amazed at Magento's ability to handle our different types of customers.

Cons

At first I felt like the interface was a little clunky. It was not as clean of an interface as I was used to with WordPress. At first it can be a little overwhelming to navigate, but it doesn't take too long for the interface to become second nature. Also, there are a few work arounds that are needed here-and-there. For example, it's easier to copy and paste html code into a text editor instead of editing it within Magento. And sometimes there is a "save and continue" button that doesn't make much sense, as it redirects you to another page as soon as you save your work. But you get used to all of this pretty quickly.

Thamara
Thamara

Reliable CMS platform

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Developer skills also essential to have a perfect Magento CMS .

Developer skills also essential to have a perfect Magento CMS .

Pros

I am using Magento platform for more than 1 year. During this time period, I have experienced following capabilities which made me think that Magento is a reliable & easy to use CMS platform.

* You can customize source code and you can accomplish your desired functions for your business.
* Platform setting up is easy if you follow their documentation.
* Best e-commerce platform to startup a large online store.
* Developer friendly open source application.
* Admin dashboard will reflect your business growth.
* Can have large number of products without any disturbances.
* Can change currencies according to yours location.

Cons

* Have to flush the Magento cache once you have done changes using admin dashboard.
* Not easy to use without IT knowledge. (Due to complexity)
* If you have any desired functionalities you must have developer skills to accomplish the task.
* Few free extensions are available.