2 144 reviews

Mindbody

Health & Wellness Business Management Software

4 /5 (2144 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
2 144 reviews
Kurt V.
  • Industry: Sports

MindBody for Small Gym

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless!
MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all.
MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory.
The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed.
The software will also take into account independent contractors.
Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Cons

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds.
It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related.
All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

Ryan C.

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit the App is broken. Their response is they can just remove my business from the App. (I pay for this, I want the features.)

It also often takes Support several days to respond to support requests, which is very frustrating when you're having a issue.

This Software is definitely not worth the $260 a month. I was paying $50 for Acuity and it was a better product, and I will be switching back as soon as I can get out of this contract.

Pros

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

Cons

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was told to work are things like the waiting list feature, but that is only for classes. (it was a huge reason why I picked the software.)

The software can be really clunky and is way too finicky. I have used 4 or 5 different booking platforms in the past and this by far is the least user friendly.

The services widgets that go on the website are nowhere near as modern looking as the class widgets, the widget on my website looks like it came straight out of Windows 95, which on a nice designed website looks terrible.

The biggest issue, that has apparently been going on for more than a month is that the Iphone App apparently has a bug that has caused my office's availability to show completely wrong times to book. When I log in under the patient app it shows times available for booking that I am not even in the office for. When a patient goes to book one of those times a error pops up. I had several patients reach out to me for a matter of weeks telling me they were having issues booking which I thought was user error but Mindbody confirmed it is on their end.

Amanda B.

Things are okay, but they could be better

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Overall. Our experience is a positive one.
We certainly have our frustrations and have been met with dead ends on more than one occasion.
We have been continually researching and discussing with peers the use of other similar products to see if there would be a similar and more cost effective fit for us.

Pros

-visually, it is simple and appealing
-The customer service team is responsive and intelligent and we appreciate the remote controlling of the screen to learn while issues are resolved
-Mostly it has accommodated the needs of our business

Cons

-It is clearly most functional for a class-based business, we would love to see improvements and functionality for appointment based (one that stands out, is being able to schedule through our Google Business listing)
-The fact that you raise your rates and do not grandfather in your current subscribers to stay at the same rate is really sneaky and I do not respect that at all. Just because you add features that we did not ask for or need, does not mean that your happy clients should be forced into higher cost for services they do not want. Some customer loyalty would be nice.
-There are features that we "cannot change" at all that would make our business run more smoothly (how the check out options are arranged, the way that clients are able to book certain times using your software through our website, and using a GC to pay for a service when booking online...to name a few)
-When mind body is down, our business is DOWN, and we have seen first hand how horrible of an impact this can have for us

Response from MINDBODY

Hi Amanda-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our recent acquisition of Booker Software was aimed at improving the experience for appointment-based businesses like yours.

In addition, we apologize for the impact that we have on your business when our software has an event, but know that we are actively working on solutions to prevent that from happening in the future.

Terri F.

I've increased my business 20% in each of the 2 years I've been with MBO.

Reviewed on 2017/12/10

Pros

MBO is far more than a software provider. They are my strategic business partner. They keep me current on all the technological advancements available in the market through ongoing development in the software. As well as provide the research/data analysis which helps me make sound business decisions regarding my future growth and profitability.
My favorite feature is the ease of setting up the reoccurring revenue via auto pay monthly membership contracts. The other two powerful resources I use are the automated emails, retention/re-engage email marketing, and all the reporting capabilities. The day to day use of class check-in, retail sales, client account management are all features I like.
Finally, the primary reason, and the one which has earned MBO the strategic partner status within my organization is summed up in on simple word support. Their world class team of dedicated technical support staff are available 24/7/365 to answer my questions, provide information and will take all the time necessary to help me resolve anything I need.
The support doesn't end with the technical. Through the MINDBODY University program I've learned best practices, how to use the reports to build my sales and marketing strategies and to set my business goals. The MBU video tutorial liberty provides additional information on a variety of topics right from my desktop.

MINDBODY is far more than a software provider, they are my teammates! My success is their success. Period.

Cons

Like any partnership, there are always imperfections and areas of improvement. If I could wave a magic wand and all my wishes were granted, then this is what I would wish:
a more robust set of auto email options
more content for the retention and re-engage emails
more functionality related to inventory
the ability of change contract start dates after the contract has been activated

That's about it. There are other, small quirks which can be annoying at times, but then again, nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement in any relationship.

Response from MINDBODY

Thanks for the review, Terri! We're proud to be on your team!

Jonna B.

Hair salon owners: This is good for appointments, but its missing one MAJOR feature

Reviewed on 2016/08/04

Own a hair salon? This might be important to you too: I've been using MindBody for nearly 2 years at my salon for its online booking. I have nothing bad to say about how the online booking functions on MY end... meaning that when I log in and manage my appointments, it's pretty easy for me. It's actually REALLY easy for me and I love the way MindBody allows me to manage my appointments. So I do recommend it for this very important reason.

HOWEVER, what I don't love about this service is that, according to my website designers SetMySite (these guys are incredible btw), there's no "customizable embed code"... in business owner terms that means, when the client wants to book their appointment through the website, they click on a link on the website that takes them OUT of your website and ON TO MindBody's website. There are other salon booking applications that allow you to create a custom look and feel to the appointment booking application and "embed" it onto your website, so that your clients can actually book ON your website. MindBody offers no such feature. So why does this ruin the experience so much?

1) It looks unprofessional! We consider ourselves a very high-end salon. Sending our client to another website that doesn't match the same look and feel of our website looks amateur and unpolished. Especially since our website uses dark colors, and MindBody's is all white - it's a very ugly contrast.

2) It's not very user friendly for the client. Originally I wanted a "book now" button under each service offering on my website and I wanted to have that button automatically take the client down the path to book that specific service once they clicked on it (obviously). But I guess that wasn't so obvious for the MindBody peeps as when someone clicks on the "book now" button on my website, it just takes them to a general page where the client has to fish around for the service they JUST TRIED to book on my site and re-add it so they can book! SMH.

3) When the client is taken to the MindBody booking page, they aren't greeted with a list of services to choose from. They are greeted the the need to "sign in" to an account. How could a first time client already have an account? MindBody should know that many many clients that book online are actually first time clients! Why not make it as easy as possible for them to book online? I feel like MindBody makes it as HARD as possible for them to book the service they want through the website itself.

Pros

Excellent admin management. Wonderful for managing appointments and worth the money based on this alone. You pay more as your business grows. I have found the support to be excellent. I'm not sure why so many people here are complaining about the support. Everyone I've talked to has been really knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

No way to book appointments directly on your own website. This is a pretty big one for me obviously. The booking page for the customer is stark, confusing, and unnecessarily cumbersome. There needs to be a way to make the integration more seamless and pretty. I guess it's just very disappointing because the software and company are otherwise very good. This seems like such a no-brainer and I feel like I'm losing business because of it. This needs to be addressed.

Linda W.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Why we switched from MindBody

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Pros

My Art & Piano School enrolled in MindBody's basic package back in December 2013.
The school consists of myself as the founder/instructor and my office manager.

We needed a platform to schedule or reschedule individual piano lessons or group art classes from her laptop and phone, provide reminder emails to students and print daily attendance charts to pull student folders and set up the classroom.

Enrollment and payment are done in-house, not through the scheduling platform for security purposes. (We don't want adults booking seats in children's classes or vice versa.)

Their technical support was pretty good about the wait time and their phone staff was courteous and helpful.

Up until October 2018, we were happy with MindBody and its affordable bare-bones package.
Then they discontinued their basic package and doubled the price.

I was sent into panic mode trying to find another similar company. Thankfully the company we switched to was just starting up and looking for clients. Their bare-bones package is less than what MindBody was charging us before the really big rate hike.

If MindBody had kept their basic affordable package, we would still be with them.

Cons

The price hike and discontinuation of their basic package. We did not need all the bells and whistles they were sticking us with. We do our billing and scheduling in-house for security purposes. Running a small art and piano school providing affordable tuition to the community is our focus. Too bad MindBody didn't see a way to support the little guys.

Jennifer G.

Not good for appointment-based businesses

Reviewed on 2016/12/10

MB does some things really well, then falls far short on obvious things. We've been using it for 5 years, and my number one complaint is the inability to capture credit cards during the booking process to hold a reservation. We have lost probably thousands of dollars from clients who no-showed, and we had no credit card to bill. MB will tell you that they do have this feature when in reality it's a workaround that is incredibly obnoxious and intrusive to the client (a giant box will pop up saying MISSING BILLING INFO, but it gives the client no idea what this means). Their app also does not require a client to enter a phone number, despite that being a forced field set by us on the back end. I would agree with a previous reviewer who said this software is best for class-based businesses. MB largely ignores the needs of other businesses. Considering they just announced they are raising their monthly fee almost 32% to a whopping amount, we are starting to research other companies. I'm done with MB.

Pros

Reporting features ("tagging" is an excellent one), flexibility in options for settings, appointment confirmations, and reminders, training, and technical support.

Cons

Inability to capture credit card info from the client at booking, integration with the website is clunky, high monthly cost, the app doesn't require the client to enter a phone number, SMS alerts to staff are only possible when the client has opted in to also receive SMS appointment notifications.

Christi K.

Service has gone down hill in the last 24 months

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

It provides a one stop program for practice management.

Pros

MB has been the industry standard for yoga and massage for years. Their product offers many layers of functionality for service based industries. Mobile app is useful for scheduling.

Cons

I have used MB for almost 8 years and used to love them but they have changed significantly recently. In the last 24 months the service and product has degraded significantly. Customer service calls average a 45 minute wait during the days, call back service doesn't work. CSR, are now poorly trained at finding solutions (they used to be amazing). Bugs continue to pop up with each revision and most remain unresolved. In January 2017 errors with the online scheduler became excessive (4 in one month) where clients booked apts online and we were never notified of their requests.
Then with the addition of text apt reminders it increased charges and I was unaware that other providers did this at no extra charge. Then in January 2017 an email from the president (which intentionally went to junk mail since it didn't come from the known sender like the bills come from) indicated a necessary increase with no new functionality. Leaving them has been hard to transfer data to a new provider, but worth it.

Rachel L.

Perfect for Yoga Students and Teachers

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Pros

Mindbody actually has two apps. I'm not sure sure which one specifically this review is targeted toward, so I'll talk about both. Mindbody has an app for potential students/clients that allows them to register for classes and workshops. As a yoga practitioner, this is the primary way that I use it, but it also can be connected to other types of fitness facilities as well as spas. It's a convenient way to find locations near you, read reviews, and get signed up for classes. Mindbody also has a "Business" app which shows the "back of house" view for studio owners or class instructors to use. Even on your phone you're able to check students in, accept payments, get liability waivers signed, etc. It's actually saved me several times when the studio internet has gone out or I've been teaching as a substitute at unfamiliar studios. Both apps are very beautifully designed!

Cons

On the app for students/clients, my only critique is that with one of the more recent updates the "Explore" feature is less intuitive than it used to be. It's still fine, but I just got used to the old format.

Mark P.

Great scheduling & billing tool for gyms

Reviewed on 2020/02/22

Pretty solid. It makes the whole billing side of the business a breeze, to the point that collecting payments is a not even a thought in our minds. Occasionally when trying to get creative with its additional features, there's some confusion that requires us to get in touch with tech support, which is hit or miss. But overall, it gets the job done.

Pros

Mindbody makes billing a snap. It's feature-rich and allows you to easily track, bill, and segment members. It provides amazing reporting tools that shows you a breakdown of all of your members, revenue, and so on. Additionally, it provides options for single class purchases, temporary enrollments, and retail purchases. Finally, provides features for CRM & customer communication that take the customer experience to another level.

Cons

Integration with other software is limited. I believe they have a public API, but few companies offer integrations for other software. Natively, they offer only a handful services that integrate with it well. Hopefully it'll soon be supported in Zapier, because then this will become a non-issue as Zapier would take care of any integration issues. Their tech support can be somewhat slow, at times.

Laura R.
  • Industry: Music

OK Software- bad customer service, cc processing times scattered, very expensive!!!

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

I own a music school. We were able to make MB work with what we do. Billing, scheduling, marketing all in one place-excellent~ CC processing is strange. Your money can hit your bank "whenever" and processing times are always different- one month is was very late which cost us hundreds in fees. They would not pay for the late fees we incurred. There is no customer service. You get put on hold and then an answering machine asks for a call back number. Recently approached by a different software who does the same thing for much less! So far their customer service is responsive and the configuration is similar. Set up more intuitive and clearer than MB. What MB does not tell you is how much it costs for you to leave, a high amount of money to export credit card information. Read all of the Terms of Service agreement which is on the very bottom of the website in tiny writing. Overall horrible experience with the people and policies of this company.

Pros

It worked for what I needed it to do. The reports section was very good.

Cons

Not intuitive to use. Big learning curve. Processing times are never the same. Constant contact integration is not accurate. Customer service is terrible. Incredibly over priced for a small business. It costs a huge fee to leave if you want your cc data.

Di L.

After about 3 years using this software I decided to cancel this week.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

I benefited from its booking system, payment system and customised app.

Pros

It is a reliable software. Works well on both online and mobile versions. It is well known in the industry, which means your clients may find it familiar.

Cons

Too expensive and always increasing the price, which they try to justify overly promoting things you will probably not going to need. Also, Mindbody used to say how many millions they are investing and blablabla, to justify increasing the prices.

Too complicated to use. Prepare to spend lot's of money and time in their 'academy' courses. It is like an old windows system, where you have many ways to getting to the same thing usually getting lost or forgetting in the middle what was you doing... So complicated that they need to have such courses just to teach you the system (or make you more dependent of their system). Without their trainings you are in trouble.

Poor costumer service. If you are joining or leaving the company they will give you some attention. If you are a regular costumer, prepare to be ignored and wait long for an answer.

Do not recommend at all.

Mercedes M.

The software is good, but I feel like it could be better.

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use for every day tasks like scheduling appointments, etc. I also like that we've been using the software for several years so there is a lot of data to geek out on.

Cons

There are a lot of unresolved issues/glitches with the software. 50% of the time when calling tech support the person lacks the knowledge to assist with the issue or gives a generic "it's a known problem, we have a work order in to fix it". Many of these "work order" items have yet to be fixed (some existing for 8+ months). My concern is these issues reflect poorly on our business as our customers assume it's a Gymnazo error not a Mindbody problem. We are very client oriented and want to give our clients the best experience here at Gymnazo, this includes the easy of scheduling.
Another concern is efficiency. I run the KPI reporting and it's a long mundane process to gather all of the information we need for our business meetings. I don't trust the Mindbody reports and feel that I am constantly auditing them to ensure we have accurate data.

Haley M.

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

It was phenomenal!!!

I hate to compare but my experience with ClassPass was TERRIBLE. From the second I spoke to the rep at MindBody I knew this was going to be amazing.The reps were the most amazing and efficient people - I’m so grateful to and for them!!!

I haven’t had to work with the support team yet (probably a good thing!!) but I anticipate them being just as wonderful

Pros

MindBody has changed my life. No exaggeration. Prior to MindBody, my business used ClassPass, Groupon, and Acuity Scheduling to manage and advertise.

Honestly the biggest waste of time. ClassPass and Groupon don’t offer any autonomy, customization, or room for flexibility. You have no control over what’s happening to your business or how it’s being advertised.

ClassPass has the absolute WORST customer service.

MindBody is a gift. It’s a dream. Every single person who helped with our implementation and training was kind, respectful, and efficient! They answer your questions so quickly and are so willing to go above and beyond. MindBody also allows for total autonomy and control - allowing your business to grow and fluctuate as necessary.

As a wellness practitioner, my schedule is constantly changing and MindBody makes it so easy to update both availability and unavailability. The whole platform is so seamless.

I cannot rave enough about how great it’s been working with and on MindBody.

Cons

The mobile app is lacking so much:

Manager tools
General settings

You cannot update settings easily from the app.

Sarah C.

Not keeping up with the times

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

It's disappointing on the whole, because I see it as a decent booking system with potential, if they kept up with the times and listened more to their users. It seems to be the biggest player in the scene still, but I feel that this is changing slowly.

Pros

It offers a robust system, that gives you the power to schedule group sessions, 1-to-1 appointments, sell retail products, manage staff hours, extensive reports all in one place.

Cons

Over the 6-7 years of using it, nothing much has changed except the increasing price. The account manager assigned to us only contacts us to sell us new things, super friendly, and mysteriously disappears after selling it. We asked for help/clarification afterwards and were ignored. The user experience is not good for our clients, we are constantly having to troubleshoot problems for them and apologising for the confusion. The look and feel is clunky compared to other systems nowadays. It feels like they don't care to hear about their business user's feedback.

Kate J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We love it!

Reviewed on 2016/09/02

I have been looking into Frederick for over a year now & have just recently activated it. We have been thrilled with it's performance so far! Our rep, Robert was great with helping us set up everything up. We have had great response from our clients so far & have recovered many clients who had not been in for a long time. Frederick is easy to use, pleasing to the eye & the reports are great! We love the net promoter part & are getting great reviews from our clients which we are putting up on our website & using in our marketing. The fact that the discount automatically applies & that there is a note on the appointment so you can see it is a Frederick booking really helps our desk staff. If you are looking for a boost to your business or realize that we all have to get in front of people more & more now days, this is the product for you! I highly Frederick, it's great!

Pros

The fact that the system is "smart" is amazing! It's very cool how Frederick learns what people respond to, trys a lesser discount before offering your set max discount and considers clients service history to choose the best offer for them. I also like the fact that not all campagins offer a discount! We have "recovered" many clients just by reminding them that we are here & that they haven't been in for a while.

Cons

There are a few limitations to how much you can customize each campaign. For example we would like to adjust the expiration date for the referral campaign, but that is not available yet. Other than that, we have not found anything we don't like about the system.

Response from Frederick

Hi Kate,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! We love to hear about your success with the Frederick platform and we look forward to much more success in the future. We appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to send your comments to the appropriate team.

Thank you!
Aly

Heather N.

Great features, price increases drastically each year

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

I appreciate that I have the features I need to run my business - including cc processing, external and internal sign-in, reporting, etc. The software is not always intuitive, but there is support staff that can help resolve issues. I enjoyed the Mindbody Bold conference put on this year as there were good workshops, networking and presentations.

Cons

I don't like the annual price jumps that don't reflect an increase of features or my use. Though some features have been added to my plan, I don't need them and would rather not have to pay for them. My rate increased by 50% this past year - that is way too much of a price jump. I worry every year now as to what the extra increase might be. I would be ok with a reasonable increase - like based on inflation or some formula that makes consistent sense. The random and large jumps seem quite unreasonable and have a lot of people jumping ship or considering it.

Stephanie H.

Not Impressed with Mind Body just don't go there

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

Mind Body you really need to buck up your ideas, you have a rigid system that is overpriced in an increasing market full of new software. Many of my friends and colleagues are moving over to Go Team Up and let me tell you, the customer service is second to none.

Pros

Express app for scheduling and checking people in
All in one system
Easy to take payment
Integrates to website

Cons

Receiving payments from credit card processing was a NIGHTMARE, 10 days to get money and 8 months of constantly contacting them to see if anything could be done. In the end they asked me to shut my merchant account down and set a new one up and this did nothing.
Customer services is awful, there are a few who answer the phone who clearly don't want to help you out and reply with short answers making you feel awkward and stupid for even asking.
They put their prices up and gave me NO warning of this, price increase, disgraceful!!!!!
Reporting system is limited and to find the right one you've got to contact support who take ages to answer the phone, there are so many ways to run a report that it's hard to learn the process.
Their system is hard to use, it's not user-friendly.
They have no loyalty for customers, when I gave notice to leave they accepted it and moved on, no one contacted me to even find out why I was leaving.

Kelsey N.

I love using the Mindbody app from both an instructor and a client perspective.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

I feel like it is mostly pros that I feel about the software. I love as an instructor you can see who is signed up for your class. I like that you can add people to your class and even charge client's card from their file for merchandise. I like that you can late cancel clients so they are charged for the fee. I think as a client it is amazing that you are able to see your class history. I like to visually see how many classed I've done in a month. I like that you can see your own schedule for the upcoming weeks and book out to keep motivated. I like that there is an app for your phone to sign up and cancel on the go.

Cons

The only con about this software is that there are times when it come's down for a day at a time and there is no way to sign up for class that day. If you just show up it may be overbooked or as a client it is hard to take attendance.

Kristopher S.

Fitness studio review

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Overall the software is robust and you never feel as if you dont have access to a piece of information you're looking for. Though when you're first learning it it can feel clunky. On a positive note any time I've had an issue their customer support line has been incredibly efficient.

Pros

MindBody feels like choosing a PC over a mac. Which in my opinion is good. The software is incredibly robust and you have many many options for reporting at all different levels. The ability to tag clients and then pull reports on just those specific clients is a game changer.

Cons

The con would be that it's more like a PC then a Mac. The software you need to really spend time and learn. Using this everyday I would say that it takes about 6 months to fully get everything feeling natural. If your role is solely backend and reporting is all you'll be doing then itll be much faster.

Elena C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

I have used this software to reserve fitness classes online

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

I get to register and prepay online for classes so I can 1) guarantee a spot in the class ahead of time and 2) be able to just walk right in and not have any registration hassle.

Pros

A number of fitness studios where I have taken classes (Yoga District, YogaWorks, Down Dog, to name a few), as well as the New York Health & Racquet Club which used to be my gym, use Mindbody. It actually took me a while to realize when I was purchasing or registering for a class online that I was being redirected to the studio's Mindbody site/account, not just purchasing right through the company. I guess you could say that is a big pro - because it seamlessly integrates with the studio's website and you don't feel like you have to take a big extra step to register. It's nice not to have to enter all of your information every time you sign up (i.e. credit card info) but rather just get to click, click, click, done. And I also like that you can manage your classes from there, so if you need to cancel a class, you can easily access it via Mindbody and cancel within the policy window (some studios really aren't big about picking up the phone/individual email).

Cons

I don't love having to remember an extra password. I usually make my password the same for everything, so it's no awful, but it would be great to have one Mindbody account where somehow I can sign on, stay signed on, and just click from the "register for class" button on the site into Mindbody (in other words, it would be great to have one Mindbody account across all of the studios I use).

P A.

A review of almost one year of use...

Reviewed on 2016/01/02

I've been using MINDBODY software now about 10 months. It is a nice program with interactive apps, that when purchasing, the sales people will remind you how great they are for your business. "MINDBODY Connect, It's a free app for your students to download and they can connect to your studio!"

1. Beware of complaining about Mindbody Connect.

When I reported challenges, I was told ..."well, it's a free app"...Really, then why was it pumped up so much in the Sales Pitch?

2. Tech support is hit or miss with MB employees who are awesome or awful.

I had a time where I had to call weekly to report the system not operating properly and on the receiving end were the snarkiest most miserable tech support people Other times, I've had great people, which makes an uncomfortable conversation much more palatable.

NOTE: It seems that quite frequently every other APP in the world releases updates, i don't see MB updates often. I run all the MB on Apple (Macbook, iPad, etc) I'm not certain if this itself is an issue.

3. Consumer mode vs BUSINESS OWNER mode.

I might suggest taking a peek at yourself via the Mindbody Connect app. It let's you see yourself in the eyes of a consumer. (Don't log in with your business ID)

Interesting that when you find things that make you go (( hmmm??))... Now go to your Business desktop. You can't seem to find these items via reports on your dashboard, like ALL ratings and reviews. Hmmm? Can the software design guys pare the results so it only shows perfection? Perhaps they should advise all Business Consumers to put on their rose colored glasses before using the desktop full version? ((Hmmmm?))

4. It's a LOT of $$$

If you are new business, it's an additional large expense so you may want to consider a simpler less fancy alternative. But, If you've got the where with all to get up to speed (which in reality I don't think I'll ever be completely up to speed with this) and you think the end reaching opportunities of what this does (and can do with the super fancy and higher $$$$$ upgrades) is for you...then go for it.

My last suggestion and most important suggestion... Memorize your client ID and the Customer Support phone number.

Allison S.

Mindbody Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

Mindbody has come a long way in the past 6 years that we have been using the software and adding in new features (dashboard) and functions that are helpful to marketing our business. Most of the functions and features added are around marketing, which is nice, but does not help with the functionality of the software for supporting the daily operations of the business.

Cons

The biggest issues in Mindbody is that there are things we use day to day that are over complicated or difficult to use. If a trainers pay changes you need to manually adjust all scheduled classes for the person in the future, not simply the pay rate. There are way too many clicks to schedule and adjust scheduling. The basic functions that are done daily take too long to complete based on the limitations of the software.

Michael A.
  • Industry: Sports

Small business start up

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

We are trying to provide our customers with an electronic experience where they are able to purchase services from our facility in addition to the enrollment of various training programs and classes. For the most part, MindBody has provided us a cost effective solution for our clients.

Pros

Allowed for scheduling and transactional processing from day one in a very seamless manner. Launched a mobile app for a reasonable investment. Was able to launch an e-commerce website via branded web in a very short timeframe.

Cons

The credit card processing point of sale system which lacks a chip reader integrated into our desktop system. The POYNT system was difficult to use and hence was returned.

Michael S.

Power Program, Challenging to learn all the Bells & Whistles

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

Mostly a superior program. Reporting is solid, attendance tracking and the usual payments and processing and online registering all good. Some simple things like returns or refunds don't seem simple enough. Customer service can take 30 minutes to 2 hours to get back to you. I understand it's a large company now, but business owners need accessibility and answers.

Pricing is somewhat high. But admittedly in line with what they offer. I don't use upgrades like Accelerate or Heal Code but those will cost as well. If they'd improve customer service times and pricing, I'd give it 4 to 5 stars across the board. I'm mostly satisfied at this time

Pros

IT's has tons of features. Is hugely powerful.

Cons

Customer service is mostly good but inconsistent.
Pricing is slightly on the high side. I pay about $105 a month.