WellSky Home Health

Software solution for home health agencies.

Charity B.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Used ADLware for my home care agency

Reviewed on 2016/08/15

Pros

ADLware was my first option for software when I first started the agency in Dec 2014 not knowing any better I went with them because I believed they could meet all the needs of my agency.

Cons

*System has bugs and crashes which I'm sure others do as well
*Billing- I've been trying to split a invoice between the VA and Client for a month now and still have yet get tech support to allow me to let the VA pay for so many hours at a certain rate and the client at another rate and pay their portion (this is one of the main reasons I'm switching)
*Don't allow families to pay invoice in software so families have to call office to pay over the phone
*Alerts could be better some times I'm alerted by text sometimes I'm not

Whinley M.

its an ok software

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Pros

PPS PLUS is what it is carrying for me right now. It basically is probably what makes it unique from other softwares. You don't need an icd 10 book to finish coding. PPS Plus so far is accurate and a perfect guide.

Cons

The ease of use as what their marketer says. I don't really find it user friendly enough. especially that you cannot open multiple windows with it without it acting up. Having multiple windows working separately definitely gives a user an edge.

Tai L.

Kinnser ALDware

Reviewed on 2016/07/07

Pros

Their technical support staff is very friendly however they may not know the answer to your question. The reporting is very thorough. Ease of use would be great however their software is so slow it creates more frustration than anything.

Cons

1) As stated above, the software is very slow. Wait times per screen is 5 to 10 seconds. They say this was being fixed but it has gotten worse.
2) Bug issues are rarely fixed. We have not been able to use their mobile app since we signed on. This was brought up to them and still has not been fixed. Many of the software bugs we found have not been fixed and have been in development's hands for months now.
3) They are more concerned about rolling out new features and will not fix the old.
4) Many of the new features pertain to accounting.

Amanda G.

Kinnser

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

Kinnser is a good product for the money. As a brand new company starting out it did the job, however you get what you pay for and I believe we will re-evaluate our options when our contract is up.

Pros

Easy to navigate
Easy billing
Easy notes for caregivers

Cons

System does not always function properly
Excessive saving needed slowing down your process regardless of what you are doing
Clock in/out system does not operate as expected, times are never tracked correctly or visits aren't found when they attempt to clock in

Potential but is not carried out

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

It’s okay, I’ve used better documentation systems.

Pros

Can make templates to make documentation more efficient if you are seeing similar diagnoses, can easily see when things are due

Cons

Very hard to navigate once in the note, automatically logs out after 10 minutes of inactivity, doesn’t save automatically which is super inconvenient at times

Stacey F.

Moving to another software after only 7 mos.

Reviewed on 2016/09/09

Pros

Will the salesman is a great guy. I really don't like much about the software honestly. I thought it would be better for those of us billing managed care and private pay but not so much.

Cons

Billing 2 is a nightmare. Every time there is an update thing go missing from the system. Clinicians are constantly losing their information and so many bugs and glitches. Customer support always tries to blame us for the issues as their software would never do this, well guess what, it did and it does.

Daryl A.

New to Kinnser

Reviewed on 2015/07/30

Pros

The ease of following the work flow helps with managing our clients and caregivers.

Cons

Can't say what the least is until more experience.

Justin P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

WellSky for Hospice

Reviewed on 2020/11/21

WellSky far surpasses the previous software we used a few months ago.

Pros

WellSky for Hospice has simplified managing my patient load and insuring that all of my workload is organized. Charting is simple and easy on this software.

Cons

The Messaging feature does not allow you to scroll through messages while viewing a message. If you receive several messages, you have to constantly back out and view each individual message.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Needs Improvement

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

I can't say it's fully positive, but there are a lot of negatives that make me wish we used other software.

Pros

I think the software is quite easy to use and Navigate. It's nice to have the working version and a separate training version.

Cons

There are a lot of freezing issues that can be frustrating when you have a boatload of work to do. Would be nicer if it was more reliable.

Tim M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Clinical review

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Generally Kinnser is a good program. It’s definitely on the pricier end of the spectrum, but has less faults than a lot of other major systems.

Pros

The organization of the program was easy to understand—the patient chart mirrors the way that paper charts used to be organized, including the tabs on the top of the page. The calendar in the chart also makes it easy to see when other disciplines are making visits as well.

Cons

I didn’t like that some of the features that make Kinnser a good program required additional purchases. Things like importing parts of the notes (like diagnosis in the therapy notes) are necessary to have, and the “extras” weren’t transparently verbalized prior to purchase. Also, the therapy functional assessments are the same not as the initial evaluations, which requires a lot of effort to ensure insurance compliance.

Dena P.

NEEDS UPDATING

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

Pros

EASE OF USE BY CLINICIANS AND OFFICE STAFF, EASY SCHEDULING, EASY BILLING, COMMUNICATION AMONG CLINICIANS, INTERNET BASED

Cons

NEEDS UPDATING OF TECHNICAL ASPECTS, NEEDS BILLING UPDATES, NEEDS GOAL AND INTERVENTION UPDATES, NEEDS POC UPDATES

Leslie G.

Could be a lot better

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Over all, Could be a better product if you would consider the clinician out in the field and make more user friendly. I think it was geared to sell it to office admin.

Pros

Takes the place of a lot of paper, I can find out information without calling office, saves trips to office.

Cons

NO AUTO SAVE. I spend so much time rewriting notes because it doesn’t always load correctly, or if I’m busy with a pt for too long, it drops off line, I then chart more and when I save I find out NOTHING WAS SAVED.. modern software auto saves.
The font is difficult to read on tablets, it does not work well on non iPad tablets. Information needed on a pt is not easily accesssble. You have to leave your note and Enter 2 more areas to get basic stuff like DOB, Dr info or medication info, then you risk LOOSING EVERYTHING YOUVE CHARTED BECAUSE IT DIDNT LOAD.theres got to be better solutions than this software.

Heather W.

Awesome, easy, user friendly EMR

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Pros

The interface is designed much like the internet itself which is easy for anyone from the field through the office to grasp and utilize. I even have my contractors using it. The reporting structures are pretty through. Now that they have added PPS Plus it is simply a Win Win.

Cons

I don't have dislikes. I don't know why I need to document so much to say the same thing. I do not have dislikes. I am very satisfied. I have even taken this software to other agencies where I have consulted.

Clay W.

We like Kinnser.

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

I own a therapy staffing service and work with approximately 8 agencies who use Kinnser. Each agency customizes their user rights to allow a variety of interfaces. We have used locked down versions that only allow extremely basic privileges and didn't like it. Versions allowing clinicians even a moderate amount of flexibility are far easier to use.

Pros

When agencies allow users to "use previous note" the system flows between the evaluation and the regular notes and then on to the discharge very well.

Cons

1) When agencies do not allow users to "use previous note" there are big information gaps between the initial evaluations, visit notes, reassessments and discharges. 2) The pain section of therapy notes don't allow clear documentation of interventions or results of intervention. 3) We wish it was easier to document the progress towards goals by having the goals project foward between all the visits, whether or not other clinicians have documented towards them.

La juan S.

Kinnser Agency Manager

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

My agency has used Kinnser for 1 year and overall it is an excellent product. As with all Electronic Health Records, there are a few minor things we would change.

Pros

Billing overview you can see all or your claims in one place, if they are ready to go, and if they have paid.
Documenting visits notes extremely easy to learn.
Calendar view with visit types is very easy to follow.
Customer service is immediate.

Cons

Rescheduling a visit date, I would like for it to be able to change it in more than one place.

Johanna R.

Kinnser EMR

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

Web based and ease of use for clinicians. That is really the only reason we continue to use them at this time.

Cons

We have used this system for years but have recently become quite unhappy with the product. This EMR has refused to take simple steps to assist agencies to be compliant with the new COPs. Example: They refuse to add a hospital risk assessment tool to the comprehensive assessment. This leaves their customers searching for a method to identify a patients hospitalization risk through outside resources. Instead of putting in standardized assessment tool, such as the ones they include for Pain Assessment, Fall Risk Assessment, Nutritional Assessment and Skin Assessment, they refer their customers to Riskpoint, an expensive "hospital risk management tool" add on Kinnser offers.

Arica M.

Extremely usable

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Pros

Ease of use and helps satisfy all regulations to keep your agency compliant. Control remains in the hands of the administrative staff to reduce error rates.

Cons

Unable to tailor much to your own agency. Although, this isn't much of a con as Kinnser does a great job at giving you great forms and reports.

Valerie R.

Kinnser Software Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Kinnser Software is basically "self-explanatory"! So far, Kinnser in itself has proved to be exceptional.

The billing Manager thru Kinnser is so much easier than our previous software and cut down on my billing personally by several hours!!!!

I don't know what else to say except give it a try. You really don't have that much to lose but everything to gain with Kinnser!

Coleen M.

Reviewed on 2012/06/21

Optimal Care, Inc. is a Medicare certified Home Health agency located in southeastern Michigan. Three nurses make up majority ownership of the agency and our nurse practitioner model of care is unique in the home health care market. We transitioned from a server based software system to Kinnser, a web-based software solution in 2010. After 2 laptops were stolen containing protected health information, it was vital to transition devices/software that does not store patient data. All of our clinicians complete point of care documentation utilizing iPads.

Our conversion to Kinnser was seamless. We selected a conversion date and opened all new patients and recertified all active patients in the new software system. There was a 60 day overlap of systems, however, the transition to a web based solution was well worth the time and effort for conversion. The customer support team was knowledgeable and dedicated to guide us through the smooth transition. Kinnser is an extremely user-friendly software system. With this web-based, solution we have eliminated our IT department and license fees, reduced device, maintenance costs, as well as our training hours by 4/5. Our accuracy, timeliness, cash flow and clinical documentation have improved tremendously, helping us meet the demands of the current home health market.

Ashleigh C.

Positive experience

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

The ease of training, and the xtra trading videos were a big help. I liked the price of the software.

Cons

Sometimes the system froze up and it would be a couple of hours before it started properly working again.

Sohel P.

Kinnser Agency Manager - Not the best out there

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

It covers all the detailed rules of Home Healthcare very precisely and makes it almost error-free. This saves lot of time and effort compared to doing the evaluation/notes manually

Cons

User interface and reports are tricky to use. It lacks ease of transition from one screen to another.

Rey R.

Kinnser review

Reviewed on 2016/05/26

Pros

Easy to learn, menu driven
They're in Texas and makes training easy for us.

Cons

Slow to implement changes
Tech support not veryhelpful

Robert T.

Functional, but dated

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

It worked for what we needed, but lacked innovation

Cons

Terrible user interface, and desperate need for an app

Kunal P.

PT review

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Pros

I like how we can self navigate in kinnser

Cons

Data and reporting features are lacki ng significantly. It is not user friendly. Unable to transit in for to outside agencies easily.

Tim O.

KINNSER IS CLEAR FOR PT EVALUATIONS

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Pros

CLEAN FORMS, WEB BASED, OASIS IS CLEAR AND EASY TO PERFORM, GOOD BILLING DUTIES, DASHBOARD IS GREAT,

Cons

PRICE!!!! PRICE!!! CALENDAR IS HARD TO FILL OUT AND WOULD BE BETTER IF IT LOADED FROM EVALUATION, GOALS SHOULD BE LISTED AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO ADDRESS FROM PTA NOTES