WebPT

The top-rated rehab therapy practice software

Shari B.

great productq

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

Note writing has become much more efficient and organized since switching to this product

Pros

I love how it keeps track of everything you need from insurance and doctor information to notes and missed notes and billing log.

Cons

I don't like that I can't delete a note that's already finalized if I made a mistake. I would like to be able to fix that on my own without calling customer service

Brian H.

WebPT review from a private outpatient practice with 3 offices

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

We have been using WebPT for 3 years. From implementation it has been a smooth transition and the WebPT support staff has been nothing short of amazing. The following is a breakdown of our experience:

The Cons (if you can call them that): We found the flow sheet and home exercise aspect very cumbersome and not user friendly and from the get go decided to avoid it all together. For our clinic it probably works better as we still use a 1 page written flow sheet for our daily treatments. We do not utilize our EMR while treating patients so having flow sheets may be old fashioned but still works well. When our patient is discharged we just scan the flow sheet and any home exercises given to our patients into the eDocs. In addition, we are not currently using WebPT's billing software as we started before they developed the program. We started with Kareo on WebPT's recommendation, and it has sufficed. I would say there were more growing pains with Kareo in the beginning, but now we are managing fine. I think in the not too distant future we will be looking to transition to the WebPT platform.

Pros: WebPT is VERY user friendly, our staff adjusted very fast and has not only embraced the implementation but has prospered since using it. Average daily notes take 2 minutes and evaluations approximately 10 minutes. Our productivity has increased throughout our clinic as well decreasing internal errors especially with billing. WebPT is ALWAYS up to date with any changes coming to the profession from ICD10 to PQRS. In addition, I find the webinars very relevant to private practice PT. WebPT is dedicated to the PT profession as a whole and strongly supports the APTA. Customer service is paramount when implementing any EMR system and WebPT excels in this, but what is more impressive is that the outstanding customer service continues every day whether being a new customer or being 3 years in.

I think what best defines a company is how it responds to a problem or error. My clinic, unfortunately, had a significant PQRS reporting problem that was 100% WebPT's error. While being frustrated with the error (and let's be honest - PQRS in general) the WebPT staff starting with Heidi Jannenga, CEO who personally called and addressed the situation, took full responsibility and made no excuses. Within 1 week we had a resolution and plan in place - are you kidding me - 1 week - amazing! As a result of that, I will always be an advocate of WebPT!

Pros

see review
Innovation of company
Customer service

Cons

see review
Flow sheet/ home exercise program

Ashly H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

WebPT is so user friendly and as a front desk worker it is the number one thing I look for.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

An all inclusive program that is user friendly and allows me to do my job in a timely yet professional manner.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly. Everything I need to use is easily accessible or in a logical spot. With the new update I also like the addition of the blue i's for short cuts to useful information. I use this program at least 8 hours a day and sometimes even 12 hours. If a program isn't user friendly it effects my entire job and therefore patient interaction. With WebPT it makes patient interaction timely, and therefore impresses patients, and makes them trust that we know how to help them.

Cons

If I would have to answer this question, the only thing I can think of is that when I need to call tech support it is usually due to wrong visit counts or used authorized visits. This is extremely important so that I can keep the patient informed if we are running out of insurance visits, and authorized visits ensures we get paid for our services. We have a very caring staff, but we can't give away all our services for free or we won't make it as an office.

Kalin H.

Great Healthcare Software

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Overall, WebPT has been an excellent platform for tracking patient progress and information. It is very convenient due to the fact that it is web-based and can be accessed across many devices and platforms.

Pros

I used this software as a physical therapy tech to keep notes on patients and make notes on their progress. One of the best features of WebPT is that it is web-based, so it can be accessed anywhere. It also allowed my facility to save money on computers by just using Chromebooks instead of having to buy full-fledged PCs for the clinic.

Cons

This visual interface is very basic, and the aesthetics have not been updated in quite a while. While this is just a nitpicking gripe, I would like to see a little bit of an update in the interface to make it look cleaner and more modern. This is definitely personal preference, however, and some may prefer the no-nonsense layout.

Brian H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

WebPT has made the transition to EMR easy and successful.

Reviewed on 2018/01/07

Pros

Clinical ease of use, efficient documentation, excellent customer service; owner and company is 100% dedicated to the field of PT and supports the APTA, PPS, PAC which is very important to me; Love the initiation of Rehab Nation to try and get WebPT users engaged and to learn from each other; a very Proactive company, Lots of great online material - blogs, webinars, etc.

Cons

Therabill was a complete disaster for us and we had to switch back to Kareo. Was rolled out way to early and was clear that it was not meant for PT (behavior health?) - hopefully over time this may change. The billing is frustrating that everything is a tack on charge. I am concerned that WebPT is growing too fast.

Heather H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

WebPT has made scheduling, documentation and billing so much easier!! We perform better with...

Reviewed on 2017/09/25

My job is easier to manage and our company is able to be more productive.

Pros

I love that WebPT allows customization of so many areas so we can make it work best for us - we are not stuck with a one size fits all approach. We select what color / style appointments show up in to reflect what payer type or appointment type is scheduled. We can bulk edit the schedule to make it fit our therapists availability. They have an agreement with Kareo so our billing flows over easily. I also love the reports to keep good tabs on what we are doing and how things are processing.

Cons

I am waiting for them to fine tune a few things to come along side us even more for compliance when we do addendums.

Pedro F.

Reviewed on 2013/03/15

Therapy Pros is a multispecialty outpatient rehab clinic located in California. Our facility provides PT, Speech Therapy and Cardiopulmonary Rehab. We've been using WebPT for 7 months now and we love it!

Like many late adopters of EMR, our staff was apprehensive at first. However, this quickly transitioned to curiosity and eventually excitement after the first training, which WebPT provides at no additional charge.

WebPT is designed to follow SOAP note logic with the initial evaluation, progress reports, care plans, and daily notes. Although intuitive for any rehabilitation provider, this system is E X P A N S I V E, which means you can add as many special tests, parameters, and free text as your mind can imagine. This can be overwhelming at first (and time consuming), but I tell my staff to make the system work for them, not work for it. WebPT curtails this by allowing for customizable initial evaluation templates, which definitely save time. Daily notes are a piece of cake!

In addition to the clinical profiles, WebPT has a practice management profile, which we couldn't live without. The features include scheduling, referral tracking, appointment reminders, productivity, and tracking of authorizations (which reminds the therapist of when a PR is due). These features have made our front office staff more efficient by eliminating paper and calendar methods of tracking referrals, certification periods, etc.

Our PT aides have begun to use the integrated flow-sheet function and they prefer it to the old paper flow-sheet, which we've now eliminated. They use an iPad and a laptop, which makes toggling from one patient to another fairly easy. Our PTs prefer to do all of their documentation on iPads over laptops or PCs.

In summary, while no system is perfect, this is definitely tailored to the needs of rehabilitation professional. Each time the system is updated, the features get better and better. I highly endorse this product for being fully integrated, easy to use, and affordable for any practice!

Vicki B.

Speech-Language Use

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

It is my opinion that more work needs to be done to help speech-language pathologists. They should have the ability to remove the PT stuff and not have to scroll through when using Webpt. There is lots of potential with Webpt - would like to see more adaptation ability for individual owner.

Pros

The front office package works well. The system itself is pretty easy to use and train others on. I do like the look and feel of the system.

Cons

The product was created for PT and not Speech-Langage pathology therefore there is a lot of stuff to wade through that does not apply to speech-language. It feels like Speech-Language is an after thought. Plus you have to pay for WebPt and Threabill, even though they are integrated you have to access them in two differ places. We have to change our terminology to accommodate Webpt. We use SOAP notes, they use Daily Note.

Joan H.

Web PT system use

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

At our office I started using Web PT and there was no one here physically to train us. We just dug in and started to input information. Web PT was easy to maneuver.

Pros

What I like most is that the information is readily available. The system is user friendly. I am not a computer wizard by far.

Cons

The fact that I need to contact Web PT to d/c cases of people who scheduled and then decided not to come to Physical Therapy. Please don't get me wrong Web PT always handles my requests ASAP.

Damon C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

What WebPT has done right since it was created.

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

The interface was designed by a PT. From the start, they tried to make the graphical user interface as friendly as possible. It has always been the best product for the $ in the Outpatient PT realm that I have used. They understood early on that software is a service. When hospital systems were paying for poorly designed software systems with 1980's style templates that played well on the back-end with their existing systems, WebPT was constantly improving their interface to make the least important part of a clinician's jobless aggravating and faster.

Pros

The drop down, fully customizable GUI.

Cons

They failed to create an intuitive interface that learned from a therapist's interaction. Maybe I am expecting too much, but repetitiousness is inherent in patient care. That being said, the primary deficit I noticed over the years is that a goal template is lacking. I include 10-15 goals in each of my evaluations for a reason. I still have to select each goal via a slow, step-by-step process. Their billing service also gets a negative because they charge a percentage to process cash pay patients. Which means you are getting charged for service on an account that they are doing nothing with. This may not seem like a lot at first but ends up costing a clinic a great deal of money.

Barry W.

Overall easy to use. Has some user friendliness issues that can slowdown note taking but easy...

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

Very easy to schedule patients. Operation of most systems are similar to windows programming. The prompts the program uses during note taking is very helpful to ensure you don't forget documentation criteria for different insurances.

Cons

I wish the program had the ability to keep a document open and open other documents without closing the current document opening up a separate internet window. I also would like to see more analytics available to assist in tracking of work flow and patient flow.

Joy B.

Our first EMR

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

When I started working in this office, we were still using paper charts and a had written scheduling book. When we moved into the electronic age and joined up with WebPT, we were a little nervous - but were quickly surprised and very pleased how easy it was to use WebPT and now I can't imagine not having it! I love that there are always new things added and improvements made that aid in the ease of use. My experience with the customer service/support staff has always been positive - everyone is always very helpful.

Pros

Cons

since it is internet based, if we lose our internet connection, we are at a standstill.

Pamela P.

Great EMR, Scheduling & billing software

Reviewed on 2017/08/12

Web pt is a well constructed piece of software. It is very user friendly, and it can handle all of your EMR, scheduling and billing needs to run a successful therapy rehab facility. The tech support personnel at Web PT are extremely knowledgeable about the product and they typically have any issues I have resolved in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Easy to lean and use. Support staff are very knowledgeable of software program and its web based for ease to finish charting.

Cons

It can be a little expensive if you have a lot of staff employed, but other then that I love Web PT!

Nawal A.

Great for Students!

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Overall wonderful experience with WebPT, never had a bad experience but I didn't use it for long.

Pros

I appreciate the easy of using this software. It's very user-friendly and is a great resource for students.

Cons

I have not used this software with the organization that I listed but have used it outside of the organization, so I didn't get to use the software to its full capacity, so I can't speak to parts of the software that I dislike because I didn't come across any.

Amena S.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2016/05/27

Pros

WebPT looks to be the most updated EMR software presently for our rehab needs. The software is easy to use, very organized and is constantly updating to keep with the demands of the industry. This is a product I will continue to recommend.

Cons

I do wish that there were specific changes that can be made, to tailor the needs of specific clinics. We do understand that there are many users who subscribe to WebPT and suggestions are considered but there are a couple of things we would love to see change since switching to the software.

Ryan S.

WebPT is Easy, Functional, and Great with Support

Reviewed on 2016/07/07

Whenever there is even the slightest problem, I know I can call the support line, be helped within a few minutes, and given a very satisfactory response. If they do not know the answer immediately, they are always prompt in giving a call-back or an email with a great response

Pros

Support team is great

Cons

If your internet connection is faulty at times like ours is, documents can be lost occasionally
I wish they paid a little more attention to the things that are in the "Therapist Wish List" for function

Bhairvi M.

An Average product

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

WebPT allows to keep all the documents together with facility of eDocs where scripts and all other documents can be scanned in to make a folder. It also allows to fax documents without need to download.

Cons

Customer Service: very poor, mainly requires you to email them and then wait for their mercy for them to get in touch with you. It can take a week to 2 to resolve issues as you cannot speak to a person directly. Sometimes you do get lucky if someone actually answers the phone.
Scheduling: The service is average, it does not count the number of sessions you have used for the patient. So you cannot just function just using scheduling, you will have to go back to documents to see how many sessions patient was authorized and how many they have used.
System failure: Usually their downtimes/maintainence are off work hours but in the last 2 years of using WebPT when system has been down during regular working hours, they have failed to notify you in advance and all of a sudden you are working on notes and scheduling the system just goes off. Also there is no backup or does not even let you access schedule to call patients, leaving you practically useless and crippled.

Integration saves time and effort

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Pros

Ease of integration with billing service made this a slam dunk for me.
I can also easily add or delete practitioners.
The integrated scheduling program is easy to use, and my answering service can even use it!

Cons

Customization of evals and treatment notes is initially time consuming, but ultimately it is worth the effort.

Dee A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

WebPT has grown into an innovative tool that caters to rehab therapist and their patients

Reviewed on 2018/04/08

Pros

Cloud based is a plus, customizable, checks and balances for documentation/billing requirements, features such as analytics help practice owners manage and grow their clinics.

Cons

It's still growing and innovating just like out clinic- which is actually a great thing! Would love to automate certain features in the patient payment/check-in area.

Gordon S.

We have tried the rest and finally found the best

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

clinic owner for 20 years I have stayed on the cutting edge of electronic data and records. We have been paperless for 15 years!!! Web PT made that effort really pay off with greater efficiency in billing, scheduling and tracking the progress of the clinic and its individuals. I recommend it to anyone looking to improve their advantage

Pros

efficiency and ease of use

Cons

the ever present security risks with any software application

Pati K.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Lacks the functionality needed for our uses

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

The software is relatively easy to learn, both for administrators and therapist/users. As it is web-based, it is accessible at all times as opposed to site-based software programs.

Cons

The software was designed for a physical therapy clinic, but was modified to apply to other outpatient therapy professions such as occupational and speech-language therapy. However, we found that was not the case and as a pediatric multi-disciplinary therapy group we found it was sorely lacking in the areas most pertinent to our clinic. The reports the software generates are not as professional looking as we like either. After two years of use, we found a software designed specifically for our uses, with a strong pediatric foundation.

Alexandra H.

We have always had a great experience with WebPT!

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

Pros

The ease of scheduling with the appointment reminders! Our patients love that feature! It would be great if you would set it up so that patients could respond to the text reminders. Ex: Respond "1" To confirm "2" To cancel.

Cons

There has been quite a few glitches lately or "RUH ROH" down time that has made our work days a little challenging.

Lee C.

WebPT treats us like family!

Reviewed on 2016/08/13

WebPt is always hyper-responsive to all of our needs. In general, the product is awesome, but when small little issues arise, the WebPT Support Team is on top of it immediately.

Pros

Ease of use; valuable for the cost; makes sure that we are compliant with Medicare.

Cons

I wish that the referral reports were a little more accurate.

Easy transition

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

Ease of use and learning, customizable scheduling, Medicare reporting functions, Medicare 10 day note stops

Cons

lack of mobile platform - our therapists are always on the go and check schedules as well as note from phones and tablets, the website doesn't function well on a mobile device
lack of customizable reports
lack of POC reporting

Brendan S.

WebPT has helped my office stay on top of our day to day scheduling, documentation, and...

Reviewed on 2017/07/01

Billing, documentation, and scheduling all in one.

Pros

Web-based access to database where I can access the system from anywhere when I need to to stay on top of all aspects of my practice.

Cons

Lack of an API or custom integrations. Hopefully this will become available in the coming year so I can further customize the experience.