LogMeIn Rescue Reviews

LogMeIn Rescue

Remote support for helpdesks, call centers and organizations

4.7/5 (91 reviews)

Remote support at your finger tips

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Pros

I've used this product for many years since LogMeIn introduced it. First time I tried it I was really blown away with its ease of use and deployment. While it offers a wide spectrum of additional features, I mostly use it to remotely support my employees, who can't be visited at the given moment. It really is so seamless, that my users feel like I'm right in front of them, assisting them with the IT issues. Web-based interface for day-to-day support makes it really easy to initiate a remote assistance call. I also use it on the servers for remote support, as they are spread out around multiple locations. Very fair ROI on this product. I am looking to evaluate other LMI products in the nearest future.

Cons

Every so often I run into certain issues with LMI client application installed on my Apple computers. Usually, I'd have to reinstall the client to solve the problem. This never happens to the Windows LMI client application.

Great for remote supoort

Reviewed on 3/6/2018

The software allows us to easily take control and manage our remote referring physicians with a pretty simple secured connection to their office.

Pros

Allows you to easily take control of the remote pc even with multiple monitor setups. I actually prefer some things over the logmein central product but not all. Central has more features but this is preferred for external remote access for us over Central.

Cons

Freezes up sometimes with win 10 computers. I just lose remote functions like mouse control . Also if the remote computer has windows UAC user access control on any popups you will not see remotely which will hinder your access until the user clicks yes or no on their end. Users get popups and do not click all the time to start the remote session or even where to look. I would give it another start if these issues were resolved.

LogMeIn Rescue makes remote IT support simple and fast

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

As a daily IT support analyst, I am constantly supporting remote users in our sales field and across the country in various offices. The ability to remote in with a simple click of a link on the user's part is essential for me being able to complete tickets and solve issues for our users quickly without the need for them to ship in equipment.

Pros

The ability to remote into users systems from around the country quickly and efficiently. Using admin credentials to install software or help with issues that they can't do themselves makes life in IT support a lot easier

Cons

I really don't have many cons to list honestly. But I guess a little bit clearer understanding of all the features available would be nice. Also, for very very un-tech savvy people, even having to click a link and run the download can be difficult. Just clicking a link only would be easier.

Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms.

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

The ease of knowing that at a moments notice, I can jump onto my device of choice and provide full remote support to my users is a great benefit. The performance across the different platforms is pretty seamless and very responsive.

Pros

Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms. I've had this software get me out of bind when my boss called for support and all I had was my Android Tablet. I like that it is flexible enough to on multiple platforms and easy for the customer side to use.

Cons

Its a great tool, but it does come with a hefty price tag, if your organization can afford it on their per technician basis.

Simple direct tool for clients to connect with.

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

We were able to create a custom domain that links to our clients and initiates a session. The only issue that we run into is when the user does not accept the access prompts that appear. Outside of the connection issue at times this is a great product. They are regularly adding features that are needed and improving on the ones that are already there.

Pros

I like that it's simple for a user to connect to us from an e-mailed link. They open the page follow the directions and then we are connected.

Cons

When the app doesn't connect, it doesn't connect. The support team is slow to respond to these types of requests, and the fix is usually something unrelated that doesn't help.

Remote Access with chat :)

Reviewed on 11/25/2018

Pros

I've used LogMeIn Rescue when I worked as Technical Support in a software. We're using this software to remotely access our customers computer to troubleshoot their computer and do installations. These customers are miles away. I love the idea that it is easy to use. You can also communicate with them via chat. So whenever you need them to do something on their end, it is to relay the instruction. Not necessarily to always stay on the phone.

Cons

I can't remember anything that I like least about LogMeIn Rescue. If there's one thing they can improve is that make it more user-friendly, though it is already easy to use, however whenever a non-computer savvy is using it, were having a hard time to let them allow the remote access. But this is something that is not a big deal since it is not LogMeIn's fault. However, if there's something they can do about this, that will be awesome.

Great remote connection tool

Reviewed on 2/4/2019

Pros

I love the ability to remotely connect to a users computer and be granted full admin access to make changes and repairs. We are able to connect with people all over the world and resolve their computer issues. I've been able to hotspot off my phone and connect to users for long periods to resolve issues.

Cons

I don't like that it takes the app a while to implement new features. When there is an issue with an update or new windows features it can take them some time to release an update. A work around is usually available but they become cumbersome.

one of the best remote tools

Reviewed on 7/30/2018

easy way to fix clients computer issues with out dealing with email back and forward if you have clients out side of your building I support clients all over the globe and this tool is the best for me to assist them.

Pros

One of the best remote tool for the IT world I used this software every day when clients not follow my direction on on email so i remote in to their computers to help them out and this is an easy way to do that cannot live without it. hahahah

Cons

NO cons its simply enough that anyone can used no one can go wrong without it I think every company that does IT should do have this tool.

Not Worth The Cost

Reviewed on 1/22/2019

Our experience with LogMeIn Rescue taught us that even software backed by a popular name may not be as good as software that is free or from a more uncommon developer.

Pros

LogMeIn Rescue does what it is supposed to do. That's about the only positive thing I have to say about the software. Aside from that, cost and ease of use and functionality are major drawbacks.

Cons

After using LogMeIn Rescue for nearly 9 months, we have reached a point where we have to decide if it will be a permanent system that we will utilize. I have decided to pursue other options considering there are cheaper -- and even free -- alternatives that exist which provide equal or greater functionality at no cost or at a fraction of the cost of LogMeIn Rescue. LogMeIn Rescue is not as feature rich as many of the free and lower priced products that exist. So, in short, cost was the main issue for us deciding to pursue other options.

Fantastic Remote Access Software to Service a Distant Computer

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 9/10/2018

LogMeIn Rescue has allowed me to connect to any computer that I want without having to diagnose window's native remote desktop application. All of the heavy lifting is done by LogMeIn, which has allowed remote technicians to work faster and more efficiently.

Pros

Rescue is a fantastic piece of software that is used to diagnose computer problems remotely. Ranging from helping the elderly log into their email to severe computer issues, Rescue is acceptable for any problem. Rescue removes the diagnosing of remote desktop connection in windows and makes it easy. All you have to do is install the program, input the credentials to the target computer and access is granted. Rescue allows you to view the target's screen and control their computer. You can transfer files and chat to the target computer through Rescue's chat dialogue box.

Cons

To be fair, LogMeIn Rescue has some downfalls. When the target user download's the program, they have to be computer-illiterate to be able to install and access the application. Having a download that will automatically initiate a session would be awesome.

Great Remote Support Tool

Reviewed on 2/13/2019

Overall the experience with LogMeIn Rescue was positive. Couldn't be more positive. I did not deal with the licensing so I can't speak to that. I used this as a support technician and it is a solid product.

Pros

Never failed. Never dealt with any issues having users install the client and never had any issues connecting. I came from a open source VNC tool which had all sorts of difficulty and quirks. LogMeIn Rescue was a huge upgrade and made everyone's lives easier. It also had another feature called Rescue lens where a user could use their smartphone camera to show you what they are looking at. I never used that feature, but other technicians I worked with had.

Cons

Nothing. It always worked. I never had an issue.

Use LMI Rescue daily to serve our users

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

It allows us to connect to our users and help them in a much better way than simply email or phone support can do.

Pros

LogMeIn Rescue has been great for us to remotely serve our customers. We need multi-screen remote access, so being able to see all screens, share files, get information about users computer, and even setup unattended access is very helpful.

Cons

It is very expensive compared to other programs. The security process to allow a rep to remote into a user's computer can take more steps than it should (overly secure), which can be confusing for customers.

LogMeIn Rescue

Reviewed on 9/25/2018

I've used this in a business setting when I worked technical support. It is an invaluable tool for accessing a users device and solving an issue in less time then a conversation can do alone. It increased the efficiency of the technical support desk.

Pros

This software provides easy access to the end users device and makes remote support so much more convenient.

Cons

If you have a user who is not computer savvy getting them to click the proper buttons to allow remote access can be a challenge you need to work through before you can address the issue that they called about.

Excellent tool that gives you the ability to see what the user sees and even control their desktop

Reviewed on 12/27/2017

It allows us to streamline support for certain issues and minimize the need for customers to follow detailed instructions over the phone. It also allows us to quickly transfer files without resorting to email, dropbox or some other method.

Pros

It allows me to quickly and easily access user's PCs to help troubleshoot issues, perform actions, transfer files, install updates, etc. It is easy to use for the customer and is an invaluable tool in customer support. It makes what could be a 30 minute call take 5 minutes and helps to solve issues that would otherwise be impossible.

Cons

Every once in a while we experience some unknown issues with running LogMeIn on a user's computer. The .exe file that should run to launch does nothing or the connection fails suddenly. We have had trouble getting to the bottom of these issues. However, these issues are pretty rare and may be due to issues on the customer's end.

Boon for tech support people!

Reviewed on 11/3/2018
Review Source

Pros

I have been using this for past 6 years and though I have an option of using different screen sharing tool, but I always prefer to go with LogMeInRescue due to its world class features which no other tool provides. Even my client prefers using this tool as it is quite reputed and safe to use. It is a very reliable software.

Cons

It works beautifully on Windows devices but on Mac and Mobile devices it does lag sometimes which the LogMeIn team can rectify.

Fast and simple

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Relatively quick connection to a wide variety of devices

Pros

I like that it can connect to almost anything on demand. It's very easy to use and explain how to use remotely. It's features are nice - being able to see system information from one pane is great! The file transfer capability is also intuitive.
I rarely have any issues with the connections I make with it.

Cons

The cost is pretty significant - there are much more cost effective solutions that are just as good if not better than this one. Also streaming high quality sessions seems to cause more latency/choppyness than equivalent sessions done through other products.

7.0/10

Remote tool you can count on.

Reviewed on 1/23/2019

It was really easy to deploy it and have my team start using it. There are very little internal training required. We have also had pretty decent experience in the few occasions we have had to contact their support staff.

Pros

I loved how easy it was for our users to connect to our support staff. A lot of the users we support are not very tech savvy and can get frustrated really easily if they cant figure out what is needed from them. We very rarely had that problem with LogMeIn. It is really easy to get users to download and run this tool to get connected. I also liked how many options it has once you are connected. It can auto connect after a reboot. You can even use it if you need to push a computer into safe mode. File transfer is easy and works great. And it can even pull a lot of information about the end user's PC with a single click.

It is definitely a tool built with support specifically in mind and it shows. My team counts on it on almost a daily basis and it has very rarely let us down.

Cons

It is expensive. No getting around it. But you are paying for exceptionally good quality.

Best remote control service software out there

Reviewed on 11/14/2018

We use Logmein rescue every day to support our remote users. It is an essential tool for our departments! I dont know what we would do without it. We have tried others but no one comes close to the simple and vast features that Logmein rescue offers. We have used it to copy files, rebuild machines, clean viruses and malware and even switch computers from one domain to the next.

Pros

Ease of use for both the Admin and the end user.

Cons

There isnt much I dont like about using it.

Great tool for remote support inside the cloud

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 4/10/2018
Review Source

Pros

It s easy to use, agent installed locally on each laptop. it works on mobile, pc and mac and you can join with other logmein products.
The solution is sold with a lot of secured futures and audit functions, records... are also built in. It is pretty responsive and have good performance.
Secure chat is here and you can have multiple session at the same time and use integrated secure file transfert when needed.
There are many connectors available ( servicenow. salesforce... )

Great tool for remote support

Cons

Price may be a little bit high but when you need security and quality there is no compromises. I don't know other solutions with so much integration. The only thing missing is an integration with Atlassian solutions like Jira helpdesk on Microsoft SCCM.

Log MeIn Rescue is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

love the reliability, dependability and features of Log Me In Rescue. I use this everyday and would never be able to get Anything Done without it. Pricing could be better as I understand there are some newer cheaper options. however I do not feel like re-inventing the wheel.

Pros

Love that I can set up unattended Acces for computers!! make by job much easier for computers off domain and off site.

Cons

pricing could be better,

Reliable, instant screenshare tool

Reviewed on 3/16/2019

Pros

We've tried other screenshare tools on the market but LogMeIn Rescue was the best product that offered fast and easy-to-use screenshares. Many of the customers our Support Team works with are technically challenged. LogMeIn Rescue has helped provide a solution to a major issue we had regarding setting up screenshares with users who don't even know how to turn on the computer sometimes.

Cons

Pricing is a little steep, but you get what you pay for. It's a good product and you will pay more for it.

I use LMI daily to connect to support remote users that are off domain at my company.

Reviewed on 12/14/2017

I am able to support my remote users that are off domain quickly and efficiently because of LogMeIn, and I can support executives mobile devices with this without having to put my hands on them.

Pros

There are too many features to name, but to pick one would be the mobile device support. I have got several pats on the back for remotely resolving issues on Director's iPhone and iPad.

Good product but the customer support could use some work

Reviewed on 3/15/2018

Assists us by letting us into the life of the user and being able to remote in to their system to solve issues they couldn't on their own.

Pros

This product has helped us assist customers through remote sessions and by being able to remote in to their machines in order to solve issues they couldn't on their own. The interface is simple enough but could maybe get an image upgrade as it seems a little stuck in the past.

Cons

The interface is simple enough but could maybe get an image upgrade as it seems a little stuck in the past. I haven't run into any major issues, but when I do need to contact customer support it is a constant struggle of getting or being escalated up the ladder until you get to someone who can help you.

7.0/10

I use Log Me In all the time to assist my family friends with PC and phone issues.

Reviewed on 12/27/2017

I am able to quickly reach out and assist my friends and family with video editing, computer issues, or every day issues related to PC usage.

Pros

I love that I can connect to any phone or PC any time that I need to with little to no effort. My dad is a network administrator, and he showed me how to use this when I was 10 years old. Any software that is easy enough for a 10 year old to use and understand yet powerful enough for use in a company requiring remote support for 60,000 people is a very well built and excellent tool for remote computer support.

Cons

The cost. Without any student discounts this software is over the price a year which is simply out of the "shadetree" Computer Tech's price range.

7.0/10

Great product! Saves our dept hours in time for support.

Reviewed on 3/12/2018

Increased productivity within my dept. Saving time and therefore saving money.

Pros

Able to connect to troubleshoot any pc within our organization also help to provide support to many people outside our organization with ease.

Cons

The one major downside to this product is the cost. Licencing cost for the application can be very costly when adding many users.