LogMeIn Rescue

Remote support for helpdesks, call centers and organizations

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

One of the best remote take-over tools out there!

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

I have used LogMeIn Rescue for several years on a daily basis and have yet to come across a remote take-over tool that is as user friendly as this one. The learning curve is quite low, which makes it a great tool for most Service Desk environments!
The lay-out is very clear and easy to understand and use and security-wise it's one of the most secure tools. I have worked with some European countries that have quite extensive checklists regarding security and LogMeIn Rescue was able to tick every box.
Having done some comparison research for a recent project we were running, I can honestly say LogMeIn Rescue is one of the (if not THE) best back-for-your-buck remote take-over tools out there.
Their reporting function could be improved/upgraded, but I won't even rate this against the tool as, in my experience, this is on the lower side of requirements for any remote take-over tool.
I highly recommend LogMeIn Rescue to anyone looking for a great remote take-over tool. I can honestly say you can't go wrong and will not be disappointed!

Pros

The lay-out of the tool is very clear and user friendly.

Cons

Reporting function could use some improvement.

Kelsey B.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Not Worth The Cost

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Our experience with LogMeIn Rescue taught us that even software backed by a popular name may not be as good as software that is free or from a more uncommon developer.

Pros

LogMeIn Rescue does what it is supposed to do. That's about the only positive thing I have to say about the software. Aside from that, cost and ease of use and functionality are major drawbacks.

Cons

After using LogMeIn Rescue for nearly 9 months, we have reached a point where we have to decide if it will be a permanent system that we will utilize. I have decided to pursue other options considering there are cheaper -- and even free -- alternatives that exist which provide equal or greater functionality at no cost or at a fraction of the cost of LogMeIn Rescue. LogMeIn Rescue is not as feature rich as many of the free and lower priced products that exist. So, in short, cost was the main issue for us deciding to pursue other options.

Joy P.

Very easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

I've seen some people complain that it's hard to explain to customers how to install. I've experienced that some which was frustrating, but if you are able to explain things in layman's terms to the other end you will be fine. I used this program as a tech support agent and it made my life so much easier! I was able to take control of the customer's computer and get things done quickly and efficiently instead of directing the customer to do it, which can be so time-consuming.

Pros

Super easy to use! The program does all of the work for you! You couldn't ask for a smoother experience for your customers when it comes to trying to figure out their issues.

Cons

There's really nothing I didn't like. It is all around a great program!

Shadab S.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Boon for tech support people!

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

Pros

I have been using this for past 6 years and though I have an option of using different screen sharing tool, but I always prefer to go with LogMeInRescue due to its world class features which no other tool provides. Even my client prefers using this tool as it is quite reputed and safe to use. It is a very reliable software.

Cons

It works beautifully on Windows devices but on Mac and Mobile devices it does lag sometimes which the LogMeIn team can rectify.

Jenna M.

Good

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

You can connect to your customers/clients remotely by sending them a web link and a secure pin code for them to enter. You can request control of the computer and the customer authorises this action. there is the ability to record the session too which is helpful for reviewing support cases.

Cons

The recordings have at times been unreliable at times, which has meant we have lost data necessary to review cases. The support team are actively assisting with this.

Tyler T.
  • Industry: Entertainment

I use Log Me In all the time to assist my family friends with PC and phone issues.

Reviewed on 2017/12/27

I am able to quickly reach out and assist my friends and family with video editing, computer issues, or every day issues related to PC usage.

Pros

I love that I can connect to any phone or PC any time that I need to with little to no effort. My dad is a network administrator, and he showed me how to use this when I was 10 years old. Any software that is easy enough for a 10 year old to use and understand yet powerful enough for use in a company requiring remote support for 60,000 people is a very well built and excellent tool for remote computer support.

Cons

The cost. Without any student discounts this software is over the price a year which is simply out of the "shadetree" Computer Tech's price range.

Great product! Saves our dept hours in time for support.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Increased productivity within my dept. Saving time and therefore saving money.

Pros

Able to connect to troubleshoot any pc within our organization also help to provide support to many people outside our organization with ease.

Cons

The one major downside to this product is the cost. Licencing cost for the application can be very costly when adding many users.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I used LogMeIn Rescue in my last job. It was an awesome product for remote support

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

I was able to use LogMeIn Rescue to quickly and easily perform remote support and get trouble tickets closed for our customers. Awesome product!

Pros

I liked the ease of use. It was easy to connect to remote machines, and was very easy to navigate the interface. I was able to solve many support tickets with this software, quickly and easily!

Cons

There was not much I didn't like about LogMeIn Rescue. It was easy to use, and I was able to get things done using it.

Erwin B.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The best remote software to use

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

It's been a blessing to our desktop support dept since we have to troubleshoot about 100 of our sales employees all over the U.S.

Pros

it's ease of use.
Remote users are able to follow the instructions easily and allow the technicians to connect remotely to their machines for troubleshooting.
The connection is very quick.
Lots of options but I only use the file transfer feature to transfer files I need to install on the remote machine.

Cons

Not much I don't like about this software.
It is very easy to use, as long as the user has internet connection you're good to go.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Quite possibly the easiest to use, most streamlined remote support solution we've ever used!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I love that the entire service can easily be scaled up or down, accommodating to large help desks & smaller help desks equally. It's made it incredibly easy to provide technical support to our employees and customers, unlike anything we've used before.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that support can sometimes take some time. Everything else is fast, reliable, and flexible.

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to Use Software!

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

The software is very simple to use and end users even without any computer knowledge can go in and put in the code very quickly and easily giving remote access.

Cons

The thing I like the least about LMI is that sometimes it will lag and freeze up. In a rare event someone has dial up internet it doesn't function very well.

Oshan M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Quick and easy to connect remotely with clients

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

Effective and efficient solution to resolve our customers issues via secure remote access.

Pros

With the LogMeIn Rescue platform, we can easily connect remotely with our customers all over the world within few seconds.It saves our time and money.Also it will gain our customers satisfaction on our solutions.
It is the best solution when we want to support customers via remote access.Even we can have more than one remote sessions.Simple process and easy to understand the requirements of clients due to reliability and security of the communication protocol.

Cons

User interfaces should be improve more with UI/UX principles and guidelines.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

A good remote "takeover" tool but pricy solution

Reviewed on 2019/11/17

LogMeIn has been on this market for years. It has different products for different usage. For serious Helpdesk support, this is a true product to look into it.

Pros

I have used LogMeIn for sometime, overall, it is a solid product. The LogMeIn Rescue is a good Support/Help Desk product and does not need to be pre-installed on client machines. Send them a link and you can control from there. Unlike WebEx, after the lightweight client is installed, user does not need to give control to Helpdesk support, it is a true easy solution for clients. File transfer feature is easy, too

Cons

We encountered some Win10 issues occasionally but LogMein support can't get to the bottom of it either.

UAC prompt is a headache but this is an issue (actually a security feature) on Win10 so it is unavoidable.

License is not cheap and it certainly stopped some smaller businesses from using it

Jesse S.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Excellent support program

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

We have used LogMeIn for several years to troubleshoot and address issues at all of our sales offices, this has eliminated a lot of down time as well as the need to travel to these offices.

Pros

The ability to remotely access terminals at all of our office locations, very easy to use, intuitive interface

Cons

Infrequent connection issues which require reconnecting, but is a rare and minor issue

Simple Remote Software That Gets The Job Done

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Ease of remote access support.

Pros

LogMeIn Rescue has a lightweight interface and is quite easy to use. I used it when it was free and also when it came at a cost, but it was a great tool overall.

Cons

This software is typically blocked by a lot of companies because of malicious use of trial software, so there is a hit on its reputation.

Shuabe A.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Logmein is a great tool.

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Great for remoting into machines and troubleshooting.

Cons

Nothing. Does what it is meant to do for support.

Chris H.

Remote Support for Clients

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Pros

Cloud-based remote desktop tool that helps us remote in to any desktop at any location. This is imperative for us to support our clients fast with out having to be on-site.

Cons

I've hd issues with the software and customer service seems to be very much lacking.

Surender S.

Super simple to use. A little expensive though.

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

We used this for a while before we moved on to a different solution. The simplicity of using it was the main draw. It was incredibly easy for our technicians and for our end users to connect. It was also really light on resources. Some of our customers are in remote areas without the fastest of internet. This was one of the only softwares to work well in low bandwidth with acceptable latency.

Cons

Its pricey. No other way about it. Its a premium quality product so I can understand why its pricey but it was still too expensive for a small org like ours.

Kyle H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Rescue 123

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Pros

Great software to remotely assist clients. It's fast, easy to use, and has a lot of options to control how you interact with the remote computer. I especially like the screen recording feature!

Cons

It is quite pricey compared to similar products.

Brandan K.

Log Me In is great!

Reviewed on 2016/02/03

LogMeIn is my favorite app I use at work. At my last place of employment we relied heavily on other programs like WinVNC, and built in remote apps on separate programs. LogMeIn is by far the most reliable and easiest to use of any remote app I have used.

Pros

-Reliable
-Multiple ways to log into a computer. Not reliant on an IP that may be wrong
-Can remote into computers not on the corporate network
-Automatically relogs back in if you are disconnected
-Built in chat function so you can IM to the user you are supporting.

Cons

-None. I cant think of any cons for what LogMeIn sets out to do.

Super easy tool to use to get remote access

Reviewed on 2018/07/01

Pros

We've used LogMeIn as part of our customer service to be able to get access to clients' computers and diagnose issues. Super easy to setup and quick. Makes customer support that much easier.

Cons

Sometimes the prompts and such seem scary to customers since they have to give direct access to control their machines.

Randi jo S.

Excellent for gaining remote access to computers at the office.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

What I like most about this software is how simple it is to gain access at home to the computers at the office. After the setup connecting the computers, this has been a great program to have in order to schedule patients while not at the office.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the difficulty that ensued during the set-up process. It was more tedious than expected to connect the computers at home to the ones at the office.

Saved me many times

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Having remote support for my computer enables me to get back to my work/tasks faster.

Pros

I occasionally run into technical issues on my work computer. Logmein gives our technology specialist remote access to my work station to fix any said issues.

Cons

I think this software has been nothing but helpful. There have been many times when I couldn't figure out technical issues on my own

Chad W.

LogMeIn Rescue Solves for Day-to-Day IT Problem Resolution

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Very pleased overall. I've used dozens of times to have IT issues resolved with no negative experiences.

Pros

LogMeIn Rescue makes getting help form our IS department simple. When the issue requires more than a simple call with a tech., they can now quickly and easily remotely log-in to a machine to control / analyze / solve an issue.

Cons

No complaints. Very straightforward and functions as it should.

Matthew B.

Allow remote use for PC issues

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

With the entrance of a simply pin number provided by a service tech, you can easily allow them to see and fix any issues remotely. Very convenient tool.

Cons

There are times that updates do not fully go through to completion and cause the window to stay open. I have had to call back to have administrators push the issue through.