draw.io

Open platform for creating & sharing diagrams

4,6
Industry: Education Management

Indispensable for Studies!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/08/29

That's just Splendid. Spectacular. Studious. Superb.
Really remarkable. I cannot imagine how I would have done without this thing.
User-friendly, responsive, adaptive, trustworthy, reliable, relieving! Easy-to-use and flexible. Comfy and effortless. Efficient and Effective. The best tool I have ever used for my studying, working and research activities! Powerful and simple.

Pros

Well, this service reminds me about the most memorable, pleasant and amazing time in my life. I was doing my first Master's at the Higher School of Economics (Moscow) and my daily studying routine included using different apps for creating presentations, slides, docs. I had not known any good app for creating block schematical diagrams and one of my group mates (she actually had a Bachelor's degree in Programming) advised me to use this app. The app turned out to be an inspiring and useful thing for brainstorming, analyzing and summarizing lots of data. It let me do my homework and research tasks fast and easy, without painstaking efforts and excessive pressure. In this service you can easily make any kind of precise diagrams, beautiful schemes, pie charts, block chains and many more. You can save your drafts, download in a suitable format and work on them later. Learning and studying process has never been so easy, comfortable, ergonomic and time-saving. The tasks which were shamefully time-consuming and complicated in the past have become now as easy as apple pie. Even if you just need to analyze, describe, summarize or explain lots of data to your colleague, grandma or friend, this service can become the best solution for you.

Cons

Well, if you did not save and download all of your drafts in several formats before turning your device off, you would experience unpleasant problems with recovering your drafts then.

Dhanushka S.
Industry: Computer Software

An awesome tool which you can draw almost any diagram online!

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

I was using this platform when I was in university and it was very helpful for me to do my lost of work in very short period of time. Even now, the software company I'm currently working, they use this application. We mainly use this tool to draw UML diagrams, sequence diagrams, business diagrams, layouts etc. So far this tool was very helpful.

Pros

it is easy to use because nothing to install externally; it has drag & drop functionality; they have given very helpful training materials but in my case I never used those because they have given an intuitive interface so it was very easy for me to grab most of the functionalities in short period of time and get my works done. In this platform, they have give lots of temples. You can draw, Businesses diagrams, Engineering diagrams, Flowcharts, Software diagrams, Network diagrams, Layouts for designing web pages, UML diagrams and much more. And also they have given very rich functionalities like import and export your diagram in various formats, track and restore you changes if you have done changes offline, automatic layout, can publish and share(on google drive, one-drive) your work, can work on mobile and desktop devices etc. And the best thing is, in order to use any of those above mentioned functionalities you don't need to pay at all, in fact you don't even need to register with this platform. And you can use your diagrams for any purpose, including commercially. That's awesome right!

Cons

I don't see any major disadvantages in this platform but I suggest if they could improve their customer support bit more, that'll be great.

Industry: Banking
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The best software for making diagrams

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

I really like draw.io. I use it to design process flows, prototypes, survey of software requirements, UML diagrams, among others.

Pros

Draw.io is the best software for making diagrams. It is simple, easy to use and has several diagram models. The icon library is excellent. I can use icons from other models in my diagram. I can draw diagrams in the internet browser and upload them to Jira. Fantastic!

Cons

I think I could have more UML diagrams. The editor could have more options for colors, transparency and shapes.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

My on the go Diagram designer

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

my products' flowcharts as well as number of UML diagrams such as DFD, User datagrams etc., I have made them with Draw.io; I have also make them sharable via Google drive link wherever I need to share them online.

Pros

First of all without any doubt, as it is a web application, I can use it anywhere, anytime and on any device; which is the best thing. Moreover, as a professional, whenever I draw any product diagram, options such as Export to my Google Drive is a great functionality to save my work as per my opinion. Additionally, here we don't have to Sign In or Register our selves for starting our work! I am sure this will probably very good to use this web interface on the go, rapidly.

Cons

If the website of it, closed by mistake, then I am afraid, you will loose your work! That we have to take care here. Furthermore, some more description is needed for some of the UML Diagram symbols regarding how to utilize them.

Industry: Online Media

Draw and share

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Pros

I like the fact that this application is based on a cloud and linked to your Google Drive. Every edit is saved and uploaded automatically on your Gdrive which makes collaboration very easy.

Cons

Some of the actions are very time consuming. For example, it is very annoying to have to select individually each shape to add a tag on them, instead of selecting all of them and editing the tags at the same time.

Ana H.

very good tool, is my ally to make my UML diagrams and others of the subjects I teach.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

It allows me to create diagrams uml, entity relationship and Gantt diagrams and work with my students using g-suite and trello.

Pros

It's free, you only pay if you use confluence or jira and the prices are low.
I can make several types of diagrams such as uml, entity relationship, flow diagrams, infographics, gantt, among others and export them in multiple formats (png, svg, jpg, pdf, xml and more).
The appearance of the diagrams is nice because they have the possibility of adding colors and some effects.
It allows to open files from google drive, github, trello, dropbox, onedrive and also from the same device.
It integrates perfectly with g-suite, also you can use several google accounts.
It is easy to use if you already have some experience with other programs to make diagrams.

Cons

I really do not find something that I hate about this software, I could only say that the support service is somewhat limited since it does not offer a chat, only email and telephone attention.
It does not have collaboration options within the same application although it can be done using other tools such as g-suite, trello or jira.

Thais yolimer O.

Now designing from a diagram, electronic circuits to a model is easy and fast with Deaw io.

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

It is an incredible application of Google Drive that allows us to draw and customize diagrams online and we do not need to register, an interesting point of this web tool, we can insert the diagram made in any website using a code generated by the application. It is quite simple and easy to use.

Cons

Definitely it is an interesting tool, and very complete that can be of great help for anyone without the need of extensive professional knowledge, it is not complicated that I do not see any negative aspect.

Philipp H.
Industry: Computer Software

Easily draw graphics with draw.io!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/07

For me draw.io is the best open drawing tool available right now. I tested a lot of tools and no other tool made it that to draw graphics. Especially the quick start without performing any registration, signup etc. steps was very very useful in order to just get started and get results asap.
Highly recommended application!

Pros

You can start without any registration. Just visit draw.io and start drawing your graphics.
They provide multiple template such as flow diagrams, organization charts etc.
A big pro is the amount of forms that can be used to draw a graphic and its also easy to import external images.

Cons

In the beginning it was hard to find out how to save a file in a specific format but once I found out its just as simple as the rest of this application. Therefore 4 of 5 stars for ease of use.

Industry: Media Production

Colloborative Smart Drawing Tools

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

It's very practical tool. You could easily draw diagrams including UML. It works well with Google Drive.

Cons

Diagrams are very limited. Also sometimes you could see crappy things when you drag an object. It needs more integration to other relevant tools.

Mehak A.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

All your diagram needs at one place.

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

I used the tool for basic flow diagrams and UML it solved my purpose was quick to understand and produce useable diagrams.

Pros

It is a very simple and highly interactive tool. Just a few drag and drops and the perfect diagrammatic representation is ready. There are a variety of options and graphics to choose from. The integration with google drive saves more time.

Cons

It lacks the ability for freehand ( or manual) drawing which in some complex cases are needed, they should also look into the desktop app of the tool.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Draw.io is THE tool for designing simple diagrams

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

I've been using draw.io for a while now and so far I don't think there is any other free software as versatile as this. It has a great amount of templates and shapes to choose from, a nice and simple UI, and its integration with Dropbox and Google Drive works nicely (it also has other platforms, but I use mostly those two). I definitely recommend it.

Pros

Clean UI, very ease to use, free and has a functionality to export to the most common extensions. What else would you need?

Cons

So far it has allowed me to do everything I needed without having much problem, so I don't have any negative comments.

Muhammad S.
Industry: Information Services

Draw it

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Pros

Draw.io is basically network diagram creation application like MS Visio but you can also use it to create a flowchart.
It has all most all required icons and if you want to use your own, you can not only copy paste but can import it for future use.
It integrates with google drive and you can save your flowchart, diagram, process etc in google drive.
You can share your diagram with other users with edit view only rights.

Cons

Adding Additional pictures make the file so heavier that sometime it takes a minute to load a file.

Adem W.
Industry: Legal Services

Make your diagrams with Draw.io

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

Thanks to Draw.io is available for any device, and this software is a great to express ideas.

Pros

Draw.io is a tool that simply fascinates me. It could not do better for my work with Draw.io; this online software, has all the necessary tools so that you can make diagrams of different types from our browser. The best of this is that you do not have to acquire any license to run this software if you are using Google Drive Draw.io it allows simultaneous collaboration so that you and your colleagues can work together. Also, this software is quite intuitive.

Cons

I have nothing negative about this application since it gives me the tools I need to execute my work.

Quick and easy diagramming tool, hardly disappointing

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

This is the kind of tool that you can use right away. Simple and straight web interface with toolbars, and also very smooth for a web browser editor. I find it amazing, because you would expect a tool of this quality as a desktop installable program.

They've clearly put a lot of effort and care in developing such a neat tool, and you can see it in details like the management of alignments of blocks and edges.

You can export the results in various formats, but possibly you won't even need it since you can just load the diagrams from the cloud.

If you use Confluence, there'a a very handy plugin that allows to embed and edit draw.io diagrams.

Cons

It's very hard to find something I don't like. Maybe the presets of components are to few. No wait, I've just checked, there's a ton of them but they're just hidden behind the "More shapes" button.

Ok, let's try again. Most of the times, I find the Arrange functions pretty useless and I end up doing everything by hand.

Aleksandra S.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Professional and intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

I've been looking for many specialized products to solve multiple problems in my workflow, when I stumbled upon Draw.io. Since then I've been using it as a substitute to novel planning programs, genealogy (especially family trees) programs and generic flowchart makers. It also helped me with game questline visualization and even data management schemes.

Pros

Draw.io is a clean, fast and versatile chart maker that surpasses some commercial alternatives when it comes to features and accessibility. It can be used by nearly everyone, regardless of age, profession and task at hand, due to how easy it is to master. It doesn't constrict you in any way and provides all tools necessary for making clean and professional-looking diagrams. Ability to save it and edit later is crucial, although often omitted in other browser-based alternatives. Exporting as a .PNG allows for flexibility and elegance when adding a chart to documents, websites or blogs.

Cons

The UI could use a bit of an overhaul as it looks like every other office suite, and the layout can be confusing. Included themes help a bit, although it lacks a modern touch.

John E.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Amazing tool for creating flowcharts

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

Draw.io is very easy to use because of its simple and intuitive interface.
It is very customizable and has lots of customizable templates to choose from.
It integrates very well with Dropbox and Drive so that work can autosave whenever a change is made.

Cons

When working on large file, draw.io tends to consume large amount of memory, often causing it to lag and sometimes causes Chrome to crash.

Mohsin S.
Industry: Information Services

Great replacement for Visio

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Collaboration with team members in designing and implementing flow charts has been an awesome experience.

Pros

Before draw.io, I required to use Visio on a Windows to make decent workflows and charts. This is a painful process for a mac user. I've not had to look back at Visio after finding draw.io, which works purely on the cloud -- and best of all, everyone in our G Suite can collaborate without installing any software.

Cons

Draw.io is a good replacement for Visio. While it doesn't have all the stencils, it is still excellent tool to do the most of what you'd usually want to do in Visio. It would be great if it worked offline though.

Juan carlos F.

Awesome tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

To create any outline, schema, diagram for any project all the time.

Pros

very useful to create wireframes or Mock-Up, with many kind of schemas and diagrams to use it on many kind of projects,also is capable to use it using google drive.

Cons

I consider that needs an offline version, you need internet all the time to use it, the good news is that you you can connect with google drive to save anytime.

Yesenia vidalina mat B.
Industry: Computer Software

Versatile flowcharts with a cutting-edge program

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Pros

It allowed me to update my knowledge about flowcharts, specifically about programs for the realization of these. It is easy to handle, allows collaborative work, is easy to transport. It has a diversity of templates, colors and models that allow you to make contextualized diagrams of different types not only of flow but also of cases of uses, so necessary in programming

Cons

Everything seen in practice, the ability to use the cloud to store and share, excellent. What I like the least and does not depend on the program is that you work in the network, using the internet, and if this fails as it usually happens in my country, it causes a significant delay in the projects that must be carried out

Dillon D.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use for beginners

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

I used Draw.io first time when I was designing the block diagram for my final year project. It is a great tool, being easy to use, convenient and light weight makes it much more desirable. Definitely recommended

Cons

Lacks some level of professionalism. some components related to mechanical and electrical engineering are missing in the components list. If an addition is made it can surely compete with top-level professional software.

Evan S.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent tool for most diagrams and drawing

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Draw.io provided me a way to produce engineering drawings after my company's MS Visio license expired.

Pros

All the features of full-stack drawing software in a free, web-based, mostly easy to use tool. Interface is intuitive for anyone with prior Visio experience.

Cons

The snap-to points do not always cooperate when drawing complex shapes, and I have not found a way to adjust their location on the shape. Be careful to save your work--nothing is saved in the browser; files must be saved on your PC and opened from there.

Daniel B.
Industry: Media Production

My go-to tool for designing workflow visualizations

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Pros

- Easy to use and customize
- Integrates with G Suite
- Minimal learning curve
- Lets you easily save as a file (PFD) or on the cloud
- Great for designing email sequence diagrams and workflows
- Free!

Cons

- Not the prettiest tool in the world
- File version management can be tricky
- Doesn't integrate easily with many well-known tools besides G Suite

Industry: Computer Software

Great peace of software for creating Visio like diagrams

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/07

For me it was very easy to switch to draw.io from Visio. I can import my old diagrams and save them in draw.io. Importing a large Visio with many tabs might take a minute to import but after that it will be very fast. If you save it in draw.io it is saved as a xml file which opens in a second.

Pros

- Very easy to use
- Fast
- Many shapes are included
- Shapes are up to date. A lot of new Amazon AWS services have shapes in draw.io
- I like the connectors where you can work with flouting or anchored connection (see their manual for an explanation)
- Great online manual
- Save/load files from Cloud drives (google, one drive, git hub, etc...)
- Save files in different formats (png, jpg, vddx (beta))
- Publish files as a link to share
- Importing Visio diagrams works very well (including tabs)
- Its free

Cons

- This software works so well that its hard to find any cons. If any, maybe not being able to work in one document with several people at the same time. Maybe this is possible if you save in a google drive, I didn't try this.

Volodymyr B.

Straight-to-the-point diagram software

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Draw.io is a great flowchart tool for those who need to get the fundamentals.

Pros

Draw.io is one of the software applications that operates in "what you see is what you get" mode. It lets do the job without breaking a sweat and confusing anyone. For me, it was a great starting point at practicing different diagram composition for different types of workflows and dataflows.

Cons

The user interface might be a bit dense at the start and it takes some time to get used to it. The other downside is that you often get different visuals elements confused due to mechanistic reflexes. But it is more of a matter of habit.

fast, functional, efficient

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

draw.io is fast both on the web and desktop, it has a wide range of tools to visualize whatever you need to.

Pros

It is very easy to visualize your thoughts with draw.io. I started using to design databases but then started using it to organize my thoughts and make plans.

Cons

It takes effort to get something that looks good. It is very user-dependent and does not help you at all with the looks.