Showing 1 858 reviews of 1 758

Visio

Diagramming, process modeling & data visualization

Showing 1 858 reviews of 1 758
Andrew P.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Process Development Tool with layers

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Visio has helped me take conversations and brainstorming sessions and demonstrate how they would actually work. So often there is a good intention on trying something new, but it is important to get everyone on the same page. This tool has helped do that.

I have also extensively used Visio as a training tool. I will link the diagrams to other portals and tools that we use, so that the workflow document is something of a link aggregator for all the steps involved. This has made the hand-off from training to implementation much easier.

Pros

I like that I can use Visio to easily demonstrate workflows and process improvement ideas. There is a range of understanding for software like Visio. I do not use it to automate at my place of work, but I use it extensively for visual learners when implementing or discussing new processes, procedures, and ideas. Often I have co-workers take these designs and display them for their team as a physical reminder, others are more intuitive and I work with them to develop interactive workflows (with links, actions, etc.)

Cons

There are some elements to how you design that are not intuitive. I usually spend about 15 minutes with users who download the software to demonstrate how they can make their flows and diagrams. The organization chart is particularly more cumbersome than advertised, but even so, I have users who use it for this purpose. Online resources are sparse as well, and I often am troubleshooting when trying new methods.

Chirag S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Process diagram standardization with Visio

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

We've diagrammed a significant portion of our company's operations using Visio. This has highlighted, visually, where inefficiencies are. There are several touch-points in each process. Visualizing touch points has helped us think critically where staff's time can be saved through automation and reduce pain points for staff.

Pros

Visio appears to be an industry leader and standard for process diagramming. I love the speed with which we can create process diagrams in Visio. We use Visio web interface, which is less-featured than Professional version, but is very functional for small and medium business. Web version is also easiest for users to see the diagrams and edit them.

Cons

I don't like compatibility issues between Visio web version and Professional desktop version. To work around that, we use web version consistently. Web version's limited feature-set is more tolerable than fixing compatibility issues.

Chaya W.

Visio – professional in diagram drawing

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Visio is one of the tools which is used by most of the people for drawing diagrams and charts. Because of the easiness in drawing and and professional look of the final product this application is more famous in the industry more specifically in IT industry.

Pros

Visio has become one of the major applications which is used in drawing diagrams in the industry. Visio has become almost an official tool in diagraming as it is vastly used In most of the companies in creating diagrams related to their business plans and projects. There are various types of diagrams provided through the application . So the users can draw any type of a diagram according to their requirement from the given diagram types. Because of the large number of diagram types provide by the application users’ does not need to search different software to draw different diagrams which saves both the time and money of the user. Visio offers different editions like Standard, professional and pro with particularly improved functions per each edition. Also Visio created diagrams can be imported in another similar diagram drawing software and do further modifications. Even the diagrams drawn by some selected software can be opened through Visio and edit them. Visio offers both desktop and online versions for the users which helps the users to use the product whenever they want wheatear they are connected to internet or not.

Cons

Visio is not a platform independent software. So far Visio is only available for windows operating system. It does not supports mac os or Linux or any other operating system. Which has limited the usage of the application only for the users using windows. Though there are different editions users have to pay for each edition with more facilities. And the price need to be payed seems to be unfair considering the same category applications. Though there is a desktop version in Visio it is not constantly updated. Updates are available for the desktop version within few years time period. So it is bit difficult to work with the desktop version.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great tool to draw Flowcharts , Process flows and Network drawings!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

I'm using Visio for my daily work when I need to draw flowcharts, business process and more importantly for network drawings and rack drawings. Early I was using Ms word and powerpoint for these but both of them were unable to deliver what I want so I switch to Ms Visio. Visio is a great tool to get a professional quality output without much effort. GUI is very easy to use and templates cover most of the daily business requirements and even easy to find many templates online and use it. I'm using original stencils for all my drawings ( Network and Rack diagrams )which gives me perfect output. So overall I really recommend MS Visio...

Pros

Easier to learn and use it even for a beginner who never used Visio or any proper software.
The richness of the templates in the library and even the possibility to download additional templates as per your requirement.
Available many stencils with most of the brands (HP, Cisco, Dell, etc.) when using to draw network diagrams.

Cons

You need to pay separately for license costs even you have Office Professional or Office 365.
Need to convert to PDF or another version to view it , if you don't have Visio to see it.

Jens G.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Visio for workflows

Reviewed on 2020/12/19

Best tool in business for us. Easy to drag drop and shift. And create visual workflows.

Pros

Its so complete and full features and flexible to use. Everyone gets it when showing the workflows. And you can setup any type of flow you need.

Cons

Its mostly fixed on one machine, so people cannot interact with it. Sometimes when shifting items other block shift with it, something you do not always want.

• Industry: Insurance

Visio Tech Drawing

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Overall the software experience is easy to get up and going and share designs with a team or on awiki web page.

Pros

The ease of use, since it uses Microsoft conventions in the tool bar. Features like the drag and drop also ability to add other vendors information to the application.

Cons

Could be an issues sometimes exporting to another browser for all of the microsoft features in an mht file export or html, for interactive web view (clickable document).

Thamara P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Diagrams easily and effectively

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Visio has allowed me to create the engineering practice layout. As well as, I have used it for the creation of maps, flow charts, free elements, among others

In my area of work it is very helpful because it is process oriented so it is always necessary to elaborate process diagrams

Pros

the simplicity and effectiveness of use, are characteristics that distinguish this powerful office tool.

Visio has themes that you can select for the realization of particular diagrams of both form and objects. This office tool can be included from the editable mode in other tools of the office itself.

Visio integrates all conventional office options into an ideal tool for diagramming. It has a simple menu like what we are used to with office, also of options that add value to the design.

You should not be afraid to insert images or elements because the tool easily allows it. I include a simple edition

Cons

When I try to insert the editable visio in power point, the visualization is difficult to handle elements from there.

From visio to include an image the size can get to be very small, it is necessary to be attentive to the size with which you are designing from visio.

If you want to open a visio file in tools in the cloud, it is not an easy task, since the particularity of this tool is directly with Microsoft Office.

Kim C.

One of the "killer apps" alive today

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Too numerous to mention. Suffice it to say the phrase 'A picture is worth a thousand words' is very true and this product helps bring ideas to life.

Pros

Granted it was purchased by Microsoft from Visio Corporation in 2000 but it hasn't lost a thing, which is quite unbelievable. In fact, it has gotten better over the years. I have to say it is truly one of the most "beautiful" pieces of software I've ever used. From the flow of the user interface to the creation of almost any type of diagram, Visio has been there for me since day one. The ability to layer diagrams and images can not be beat. With some additional VBA work in the tool, it can not be beat for ease of use and flexibility. It can also connect to a database and create ER diagrams. It also has UML which can almost turn directly into code. Almost. It's not quite there. Yet.

Cons

It will come as no surprise that the price is what is the most absurd. The pricing of the product lines will take this software out of reach of casual users. For doing any truly useful work, the Professional version is almost double the Standard version. Microsoft needs to lower the cost to increase its market penetration in some sectors. Otherwise, a solid all-around product.

Jerry A.

Invaluable software for documenting entire computer network. Full of features, full of...

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Biggest benefit this gives us, after having used it for so long and put a lot of work into it, is great visibility into the design of our entire network: firewalls, routers, switches, servers; building layouts, cabling paths; access points, desktops, phones, printers. Everything is organized so well, we can easily lookup physical locations, switch ports, and cable paths, making troubleshooting much less difficult for our IT Technicians and Interns.

Pros

It's pretty powerful and full of features and niceties. Using this software, we've been able to fully document our existing network, document all upgrades and changes. We've even used it to integrate into our Active Directory network to build out organizational charts. It has shapes and templates for just about everything we've needed: org charts, switching and routing diagrams, individual switch cabling, diagrams for documenting our server racks, our phone system, work flows, and building layouts. We recently more than doubled the size of our building, and this software has helped us to document everything in the new building, and keep track of upgrades in our existing buildings. Software is easy to use, so our interns have been able to jump right in and start working with all of its features.

Cons

It does seem to use a lot more memory than other Office programs, so it does tend to crash a lot on us. Mostly when we're using some of its more advanced features like integrating it into Exchange/Active Directory. Even still, it works well at what it does, we just need PCs that have a lot of memory to ease the user experience.

Matthew R.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

An easy vector based diagram tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Overall, Visio is a great tool and has been improved a lot over the years. The quality it produces and the precision of measurment, gives you that peace of mind. It's not too difficult to master and you can easily start using it without major training.

Pros

Visio makes creating diagrams satisfying. It is generally quite easy to use but is packed with a lot of features the more you dig into it. It has helped us create visually appeasing diagrams that don't take long to put together. Visio's template and icon support is another great little feature, which helps add to the visuals and accuracy.

Cons

Though it's a great tool, it's not the cheapest and sometimes the implementation or 'previews' make it difficult to share files with those who don't have visio. Though you can save files as regular jpegs/PDFs etc. it can sometimes be frustrating to share and edit with those who don't have it.

James C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A correct item in the event that you are searching for a vocation in Software Industry

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Visio is especially renowned item albeit, so this isn't shock that I am utilizing this application or device since I examined. I have utilizing this application since I have considered in college and doing BCS in software engineering. I have utilize this for various activities in my examinations. At that point I had joined a product house and utilize this sine then as a profession. This item is helpful and giving us the massive information of any unpredictable or simplex procedure. This device give us clear perceivability of each start to finish procedure of obvious graph. This device enables our Business Analyst to group to comprehend the prerequisite and brief to our improvement group. This assistance me a great deal in my initial days as I was likewise the product designer since now I am advancing more as Sr. Framework Analyst this instrument help me more.

Pros

Outline in procedure stream perceivability is astounding . It has tremendous format library which help to any one to details with. This apparatus is much easy to use on the off chance that you think about various instrument. Modules are likewise particularly easy to use and simple to utilize. Gives us the capacity to make flowcharts, charts and system outlines in one simple to utilize application. Bolster people group likewise been awesome and you can discover help on web in all respects effectively. In short its substance store is phenomenal.

Cons

As this item isn't accessible on Linux as we have real application on Linux OS. Furthermore, this is costly item. Further, constrained coordinated effort abilities which need to concentrate more by the Visio group in not so distant future.

Pablo S.

My Own Experience working with Visio

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

My overall experience using visio is very good. Thanks to Visio, I have developed many projects where, every step that my programs had to execute was explained perfectly step by step and very detailed.
Thanks to Visio I have been able to have a very good overview of my projects, even when I started them without knowing much about them.

Pros

What I like most about using Visio, is that thanks to this software it is possible to design really incredible and intuitive workflows. Very easy to follow thanks to its wide variety of elements, which makes reading the flow much easier and easier compared to other programs.

Also, with Visio, we can export the generated work as a PDF, which avoids problems in users who are not used to opening Visio with Internet Explorer.

Cons

If I had to say something bad about Visio, I could not say much, but surely from my point of view, add some type of activity or function that I do not have, such as linking elements of the visio to third-party elements, other than the visio, such as for example a web page, a program, etc.

There really isn't much bad in Visio, this is because it is quite simple, but useful software.

Adriana L.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Ideal for diagramming and structuring processes, complete tool for my area

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

It allows to diagram in an easy way and to show users a simple and easy to understand graphic.

Pros

This tool is useful for me, I need to diagram and show the user the steps without being complex, they are guided quickly because the visual elements are simple.
In the area where I work, standards and procedures are made and our indispensable tool to make flow diagrams is Visio, as well as the company's organizational charts, it has an easy-to-use platform, it has pre-designed templates that help me guide me, it allows me to modify it. In a simple way, objects can be dragged and dropped and shapes can be adjusted.

Cons

Actually not much that I dislike about this tool because I use it frequently, there are only things that I would change as more optimal because it makes the computer a bit slow, It seems that it uses a lot more memory than other Office programs, always We require the IT team to help us, it is also a bit expensive.

Lauren A.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Process Visualizations Made Easy

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

I am pleased with Visio and would recommend its use to anyone looking for a quality process flow visualization tool. It is easy to pickup and learn and to copy into process or procedure documentation as well. It makes visuals clear, easy to understand and helps users better understand processes enabling training opportunities, risk/control reviews, etc. within an organization.

Pros

I have used this software for almost 8 years in my current role and previous roles. I had little to no experience when I started to use it for process flow creation and was able to pick up the key features and tools within a few days. Along with being easy to use and learn, it is also the best software I have found to create professional and clear process flows. I have created over a hundred using this software and would not choose to use anything else.

Cons

The only thing that is a bit of a nuisance is having to adjust sheet parameters to resize the flow to fit the printable page. The software will automatically expand the selection to flow on another page if needed. If you actually go to save as a PDF or print however, you will see the selection outside of the area and will need to make manual size adjustments to refit to the page or flow appropriately to the next one. If you print or save as a PDF as is, you will find process boxes cut off.

Serge S.
  • Industry: Printing

Excellent program for basic drawing or floor plans

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Quick diagrams, floor plans and flow charts. Easy interface and well priced for companies.

Pros

In the past we were using more complex software packages such as Autocad or Illustrator to do some basic outline drawing for presale sketching (we're in the printing industry). Although we still use those software now for post sale work, we do a lot of presale stekching with Visio. It is simple, and allows to do up-to-scale plans quickly. I have also used Visio to do floor plans (office design, room dimension design) and although it does not have the visual aspect of some design software available today, it is very efficient in terms of planning for space, door placement, windows, furniture, ... Finally, we also have used Visio for flow charts for our quality system (ISO), and others.

Cons

Slightly expensive for personal use. Otherwise for the intended use, I see no real problem with Visio

Evgeny F.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I am grateful to the developers for the simple and use of the graphics application

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

Pros

Despite the fact that I work in an IT company and all our employees know how to use modern technologies, it turned out that the easiest Visio program is most convenient for creating graphic objects. Yes, imagine, I and my colleagues use this application in order to draw flow charts, various diagrams. And as I said, I'm personally attracted to the program by the ease of use with pretty serious functionality. Well and one more plus is that Visio enters into some office packages from Microsoft by default, that is the program does not need to be bought separately.

Cons

Perhaps, I note that with extensive functionality you still can not create full-fledged drawings, it turns out that the program is designed only for creating visual graphics that are drawn without observing strict requirements, that is, you get simply colorful pictures at the output.

Angelika C.

Best Software for Business Org. Charts and Flow Charts!!!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

Being personally responsible for the company organizational charts and flow charts for each department I cannot say enough how much I love Visio! Visio has made the process of making the organizational charts extremely easy and quick. In Visio you can make your own chart without using a standard one that needs to be changed in every aspect. Visio allows you to customize your chart and gives numerous options for different positions, layout, shapes and sizes and all the different perks that you would never be able to get in a Word document or Excel. Also when it comes to flow charts this is the best tool out there! Our flowcharts are pages and pages long and in Visio you can continue your road without separating pages or documents. Obviously when you print it will be on multiple pages but when you are on the computer of a PowerPoint presentation Visio allows you to easily show your flow of production in a manner that is easy to understand, follow and more importantly easy to see.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software. If you are computer savvy the possibilities of Visio are endless.

Joshua S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

MS Visio Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

Overall, I have had a very positive expereince using Visio. Visio is a very powerful tool with which I can create some very impressive and unique visuals. However, for the work I personally do, I do not always require teriibly stunning visuals, so usually those which i can create simply in MS Word or MS Powerpoint are sufficient. However, Visio definitely takes those designs to the next level.

Pros

What I like most about MS Visio is the ease of use. I feel that the tabs are well organized and cater very well to the user. The way the program is structured makes it very easy to create and develop with ease. The different tabs and options available are almost intuitive and follow an excellent progression and lay out all of the avaible options to the user. The visuals used are very appropriate and coincide with the program as a very visual based program as a whole.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I feel that I can acheive similar results using other MS software. Visio definitely makes it very easy to create, but there are features in other MS software such as MS Word and MS Powerpoint that allow for similiar and oftentimes suffieincient capabiluities for everyday designs. I turn to Visio when I really want something very unique.

Oscar T.

I love my Visio.

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

Visio was my first diagramming tool. It enable me put my mental thoughts into diagrammatical flows and charts. Allowing me better critique my mental thoughts and visions.
Visio has got nice icon templates ,which makes the process of diagramming a while lot easier . 80% of my paperwork ,I do with Visio and I like how I am able to export my diagrams in multiple formats like png and jpeg , thereby aiding my ability to share my diagrams with my team.

Cons

I want to see more training videos added to the help section. Visio isn't a very easy software to pick up ,especially for users who haven't used any diagramming program before touching Visio, therefore the need for videos to tutor new users in the act and craft of using Visio.

Chethan M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Microsoft Visio is a popular application used across to create diagrams, flowcharts and...

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

MS Visio is a very popular with wide set of users in various roles. MS Visio can be used to create various types of diagrams, Flowcharts and workflows. MS visio provides multiple features, options to create diagrams and flowcharts. One can easily start creating new diuagram or flowchart using various types of lines, arrows, shapes, and many other options to create the flowcharts faster within short timelines. MS Visio allows one to easily add any number of sheets, create hyperlinks or internal links to one sheet to other to connect the diagram or flowcharts. In MS Visio there are also options like adding Start or Stop flowchart features. MS visio provides features to Save and export the completed diagram or flowchart into multiple formats. one can easily insert the MS visio diagram into word or powerpoint easily.

Cons

MS Visio is a paid tool so it involves initial Cost and not freely available for all users. MS visio also supports mainly windows. MS visio is might not be suitable or preferred for creating many advanced workflows.

Matt "griff" K.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Visio Works

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

We used it for process visualization, which was easy. Generally a process flow only took an hour to create, but helped show other teams how a process is supposed to go instead of verbally showing. The other portion is IT topologies showing connections between devices or enclosure drawings. This software helps greatly and does not require a ton of computer resources since it is basic drawings. Higher level drawings can definitely be achieved with it as well.

Pros

Visio allows you to do several different types of functions. Most notably we use it for process flow visualization. It helps with the dialog boxes and flow arrows. It also helps with electrical drawings within the data center environment, much cheaper than other cad programs but you do pay for what you get. It requires minimal to no training to begin using.

Cons

Sometimes the hardest parts with Visio are finding pre-created stencil images. You sometimes have to search deep within the templates to find what is needed. The other issue is the snap-to feature with dialog boxes to arrows or connection points. They do not always connect right where you want or snap to the grid in the correct place.

Tania G.

Mature diagramming application

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

I regularly use Visio to make use case diagrams, cross-functional process diagrams, concept models and any ad-hoc diagram I need to create to visually present my information and get my point across!

Pros

Visio is a mature diagramming application and it's got the depth of features to go with it. There are literally thousands of shapes to choose from and a wide variety of templates. It's become easier to use with every new version, with automatic alignment and generating shapes with one click. I can create rough diagrams to represent an idea but I can also make professional quality diagrams when I need to.

Cons

I struggle with creating diagrams that show progression over time. I have tried to use the layers feature, but it is clumsy and very inefficient. Visio also lacks the basic feature of creating a visual representation based on data. Word and PowerPoint have a SmartArt feature that allow entering text and it automatically generates a model. The model also gets updated in real time when you edit the text. There is no easy way to do this in Visio and it seems to me that it should!

Vaibhav S.

Visio- Business Flows

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Business Blueprinting- Business Process Flow charts

Pros

Very easy and user friendly to create business flow diagrams. Subsequent changes are also very easy. Very less time is spent on formatting and thus quality time is spent on the actual content instead of worrying about the look/feel. Very complex flow diagrams also seem easy to create ad understand with Visio

Cons

In my experience, I really have not found any flaws in the software. May be as an improvement can include some more images etc that can be used to make the flows more effective and appealing