QuickBooks GoPayment Reviews

4.5/5 (35 reviews)
Nishawne P.

Works well

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

It's a really easy to use way to charge my clients and it interfaces nicely with my Quickbooks

Pros

I have found this software easy to use. Customers like the interface though it keeps changing. The changes The changes tell me they are constantly trying to improve their product

Cons

As a service provider I don't like that I cannot set the tips where I would like them to be. They are preset and there's nothing I can do about it. Even clients have commented that I should change it but I can't.

Response from Intuit

I'm delighted to read the product is working so well for you, Nishawne. Though you can add tips to transactions (community.intuit.com/articles/1599562), we love hearing from you guys about how we can improve. As you mentioned, the engineers work tirelessly to ensure our products provide the best value on the market.

Part of that means listening very carefully to what our customers have to say, as any changes you may have noticed are a direct effect of your feedback. You know better than anyone what would best fit Forma Beautique's needs, so I'll gladly forward your ideas to the Development Team directly. Implementing a preset gratuity is a brilliant idea, and I thank you for sharing it. Moving forward, you can stay up-to-date on all new and exciting changes at the QuickBooks Blog, here: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

I appreciate you for leaving this GoPayment review, by the way. Thanks for being the best part of QuickBooks, and have a great weekend.

7.0/10
Catherine R.

payment software

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

we are still using this system and it's working great. We rarely have any problems and when we do they are solved quickly for us.

Pros

This allowed our technicians to receive payment in the field and integrated nicely with Quick Books. It worked wonderfully for the most part.

Cons

the cost of the scanners was a little high due to them not lasting as long as we would have liked.

Response from Intuit

Thanks a bunch for reviewing, Catherine. I'm delighted the software allows for the flexibility your technicians need in the field. If you ever run into issues with the scanners, I assure you there are troubleshooting steps in place. This way, the hardware will last as long as it's designed to moving forward.

This Community database article discusses troubleshooting and updates, which is widely known to fix connection issues: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Payments/Set-up-bluetooth-card-reader-for-GoPayment-or-QuickBooks-Online/td-p/186471. Furthermore, the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) would be glad to provide more insight if the info above doesn't do the trick. I'm thrilled your problems are always solved quickly, and this chat based channel is another excellent support option.

Laura S.

We use the Go Payment mobile app at work.

Reviewed on 2018/07/15

Convenience, ease of use, fair pricing.

Pros

What I like most about the Go Payment app is that in real-time it is easy to use. Comprehensive. It's great how it seamlessly integrates into QuickBooks online and then into our bank account.

Cons

Least favorite thing about Go Payment is QuickBooks merchant services. If there is a bump in the process, funds are held in their payments/collections department without notification to the user. It is up to us to figure out something is off, and make the inquiries. While doing that, I have gotten varying resolution answers from various reps. Is confusing and time-consuming.

Response from Intuit

Hi Laura. I can provide some insight into why funds may be held, as I know how this could affect a business. Please know this protocol is in place to keep you safe and protect against greater loss. This being said, I appreciate your review and the opportunity to help.

To start, check out the info at community.intuit.com/articles/1601181. Because each case is different, customer's with funds on hold must speak to a case manager who has the expertise to get you squared away. The article above touches on how you can find the status of your transaction in the Merchant Service Center (more on that at community.intuit.com/articles/1600594). In the event your deposit is under review, you'll also receive an official notification email including a case number and next steps.

If you have questions, please feel welcome to send me an email ([email protected]). I want to make sure you have all the info you deserve and hope to hear from you soon.

Nathan S.

Fast and easy credit card processing

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/10/29

I was using a set desktop solution before that had a long term commitment. This allowed us to take mobile payments anywhere we had a cell phone and get out of those long term contracts. Also it smoothly integrated into QuickBooks so it was a win-win for us.

Pros

I has many options for taking a credit card payment. Plug in chip reader, take a picture of the card or a Bluetooth card reader is available. I like that it's month to month and if I don't use it I don't have to pay anything. It's simple and easy to integrate into quickbooks. It has a good back end that you can access from a computer to manage your payments and who is taking those payments.

Cons

The cost is cheaper if you pay monthly and high volume but more expensive for the smaller low volume months. When you get logged out it can be a slow process at times to get logged back in while a customer is waiting to give you their payment.

Response from Intuit

Hi Nathan. I'm glad the integration options and flexible methods for processing have provided a simple payment management system for Complete Carpet. Thanks for reviewing, and for being a member of the QuickBooks family.

If you're running into latency with logins, rest assured I've got you covered. I suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the GoPayment app, which is the easier way to ensure your software is updated. This simple troubleshooting step will get you back up to speed and cut-down on customer wait times.

Before you go, I want to ensure you continue to get the most from the payment system. The support landing page for the program has insights into the connection to QuickBooks, as well: https://community.intuit.com/products/quickbooks-payments-help-en-us.

As for the price, I'd be glad to discuss your options. There are alternatives for your average volume, and I've got the tools to dig into your account. We'll go from there.

Martin M.

Quick Payment

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

This payment solution has been great. Quick pay time, easily integrates with Quickbooks and it is very easy to set up and use.

Pros

Easy to use, appears very secure and customer like the payment method. The ability to use this at events and even at client locations make this one of the best ways to accept credit cards.

Cons

The security is so tight that sometimes it can be hard to get signed in. We don’t use it every day so sometimes it takes a few tried to get the log in correct. That’s as much a user issue as it is a complaint. Naturally, I’d Like lower fees but for periodic usage, this a great value.

Response from Intuit

Empowering you with the tools you need to make your job easier is our top priority, Martin. We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks GoPayment to receive your hard earned money even faster! To learn about the security measures is place, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for an awesome review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Rhiannon R.

Simple and fast

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

Go payment is easy and fast to use. If you have the app on your phone or tablet and out doing business, you can charge a customer right there and then on the spot. You are able to swipe the card with the card reader or key it in manually. Once you take payment you have the option to send a receipt of the sale and get a signature from the customer for extra security. The software is well design and works flawlessly.

Cons

I do not have any cons currently. Everything works as expected and it the apps seems to always be up and running/updated

Rebecca N.

I have been using this for my business for a number of years.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

allows my clients to pay with all credit cards.

Pros

Easy and fast to use with QBO, integrates with my accounting and the card swipe and chip reader work easily. Can pull reports from the website and track monthly totals.

Cons

Would like a chip reader that could be used on desktop, not just cell phone. Time it takes to post payments to my bank account.

Perfect for Service Providers (no card reader necessary!)

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

I'm a home inspector and I am able to take payments right at the home now. I use this on about 50% of my home inspections and my clients love it.

Pros

I love that this software feels extremely professional when I'm asking for payment when I'm at someone's home. I don't have to enter in any information, I simply scan their debit or credit card and ask them to sign it. I also love that they have the option to receive a receipt right there. It's so nice to scan the card on my phone with the camera as opposed to carry around a clunky card reader.

Cons

Every now and then it is unable to read a card and I have to enter it in manually, which is frustrating. I also wish it integrated more seamlessly with Quickbooks Invoicing. Obviously I also would like to see the fee for credit card processing lower, but it's not horrible.

Take payments at mobile shows or wherever you need

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

This was a great addition that allows us to take credit card payments at trade shows and other places that we don't have access to a PC.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to setup, but for the most part very reliable.

Response from Intuit

Comments like yours are what we strive for! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what you think of QuickBooks, as it's wonderful to hear the program is exceeding your expectations and is simplifying how you run your business.

Should you find yourself in need of help, rest assured you can find assistance from the Product Experts who monitor our Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) pages. They're available 7 days a week from 8 am to 10 pm EST (8-8 on weekends), and will work with you over chat.

Enjoy!
Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Andrew C.

Good credit card processing

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/04/18

Pros

Works well for credit card payments. It has some nice features like putting a hold on a card. Reasonable fees for processing.

Cons

I wish the hold on the credit card could be for a longer duration. Sometimes it is a bit clunky to figure out how to release or apply a hold.

Response from Intuit

Well hello again, Andrew. Once more, thanks so much for leaving your observations, and I'll gladly provide some more information about how holds work. While the amount of time an authorization stays on your customer's card is dependent upon their financial institution, most fall off on their own (typically within 7-10 business days). This means you'll need to reauthorize after seven days to ensure the money is still available in the customer's bank. After authorizing the funds in the Merchant Service Center, you can capture them. You can do this from Processing Tools > Capture Authorized Funds, and a capture is the point at which the funding process begins. While I have you here, I'll link you to this overview article on this topic: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1600562-process-and-capture-a-voice-authorization. I hope this helps!

Bryan W.

GoPayment the software that you should get for your transactions

Reviewed on 2018/08/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

GoPayment is suitable for all business, the small ones, medium, and the big ones will be well served with this software

Pros

This software is super easy to use and also user friendly. GoPayment can be intergrated with other software thus giving it an added advantage over other payment software

Cons

The customer support needs some improvement because this is the major problem with this software. I have no other problem with GoPayment

Marsha K.

Recommend to my business clients and they love it

Reviewed on 2017/05/13

Pros

Super easy and free set-up, automatic entry and sync with Quickbooks Online, our recommended small business accounting. Solid technology that works reliably. Compared to Square it is much more reliable and less buggy. Read my side by side comparison review of mobile card reader app GoPayment vs Square http://best4businesses.com/finance/quickbooks-gopayment-review/

Cons

Sometimes I have found customer service hard to reach. A few people have mentioned that it can be hard to cancel your account if you change merchant accounts.

Phil S.

More seamless to transition data to Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2018/05/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love that it makes the importing of data from GoPayment to Quickbooks online seamless. We have liked it and used it now for several years after we had used Square Payments for 3-4 years.

Cons

Cost is fair, would like to pay less but we've typically used it now that the process is so seamless to import GoPayment data into Quickbooks online.

Tasha W.

Good

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Pros

It easily goes into quickbook; very easy to start using; was able to get an account quickly; set up was eqsy; eaay to make transactions

Cons

I cant reach custumer service. Very diidicukt to get the answers you need. You need to ho online to do everything and if system down you cant do it. They cant help you

5.0/10
Steve P.

Great company helping smaller companies grow..

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

It's super convenient this company charges low interest rates make smaller companies grow faster.
I appreciate your customer service . Very polite people and always available to help me with anything I have concerns with.

Sally B.

The montly cost is well worth it

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

With a click of a button it is so easy to send a bill or statement to a client

Cons

No issues or concerns with the payment feature of the software

Response from Intuit

Hi Sally. I'm thrilled QuickBooks is streamlining the billing and statement process for Dr. Charles Ashley Mann & Associates. Should you ever have any questions about the payments feature, I invite you to explore the Community database at https://community.intuit.com/browse/quickbooks-online-payments. I want you to know that help is only ever a click away, and the Community is an excellent support space.

I appreciate you taking the time to review, by the way!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

I used Gopayment for my retail business to track purchases and process card payments.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

I liked the the software is very user friendly and easy to manage inventory, and view transactions for order details.

Cons

I dislike that customers can not be added to track their purchases. I dislike that reports can not be ran to track purchase totals over a period of time. I dislike that inventory is not tracked.

Moses W.

Gopayment mobile POS is great for accepting card payments.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Despite Gopayment not being perfect its a great mobile companion for accepting card and other types of payments. I love it although some work needs to be done to make it worth being used for mass POS transactions. I love it so far.

Pros

The fact that it is available on mobile phone makes it amazing, its easy to use, easily available, does not require any skills its just like you use the camera, its the best for small scale shop and store owners as it requires no space you just pocket it with the phone and produce it when needed.

Cons

some bugs makes it boring, its charges amount is way much for such a simple software especially for common goods with fixed prices in small shops, poor customer support response team.

Karen S.

Our technicians are able to take credit card payments on the job using this

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Less fees by swiping cards instead of keying them in.

Pros

We love that the technicians can take credit cards right on the job. They used to have to call in the card number and we were charged more for keying in the number. Now they can swipe the card right there on their phones and it goes into the bank account

Cons

A couple of the guys had a lot of trouble setting up their account in the beginning. Once we got them set up, it works pretty well

Kent W.

It's Not Your Fault Your Swiper Is a Piece of Garbage

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

For real, we use this piece of software quite a bit and it's been a very flexible tool for us.

Pros

Allows us to easily take mobile payments from a tablet or smart phone. Tracking those payments is also pretty simple.

Cons

It's not GoPayment's fault that our swiper is a piece of garbage, but I wish there was someone else to blame. Most of the shortcomings of this software are purely user-related, because users and lame, and dumb.

5.0/10
Michael R.

Solid product for companies of all sizes

Reviewed on 2016/11/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I used GoPayment for almost 4 years. It's simple to use, easy to manage. We used it in our offices and had a magnetic swipe card reader mounted to the PCs, but I know there's card reader for mobile devices, too. If you need to take payment (whether in the office or on the go) GoPayment can work for you. It's easy to add users as your business needs grow, too. It also some useful analytics. It possesses customizable features, to keep it simple for users and help you get the most from the software.

Pros

Works well with all computers and mobile devices.

Cons

If you really like or need analytics, you may find yourself wanting more than it can give.

Ricky C.

QuickBooks GoPayments Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

What I liked most about this software was how closely integrated the QuickBooks accounting and payment processing are to one another.

Cons

This software is not very cost effective.

Remington K.

GoPayment makes collecting payments quick and simple.

Reviewed on 2018/12/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The mobile application is very simple and straight-forward. We have had very few issues with the credit card readers and they load very quickly. It is very easy to setup products and services in the app and add them to a transaction.

Cons

It is difficult to sync with your existing QBO products and services. Customer service doesn't seem to know their products well. It does not allow you to add a decimal number for a product quantity, so you can not sell products by weight.

Convenient for someone that's always on the move rendering services.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

Very easy-to-use credit card payment app. I like that it syncs with with your existing QuickBooks account. Made journaling easier.

Cons

The inability to deliver invoices in conjunction with the payment being made. Customer service wasn't too great.

Erik H.

Take payments anywhere!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Gopayment is a great option for payments on the go. It conveniently fits into your cell phone or mobile tablet to accept payments anywhere. The application is easy to use and install.

Cons

The integration with gopayment and your accounting software is vitally important for accurate record keeping. Unfortunately, GoPayment does not integrate with many software's. It does not integrate with QuickBooks online automatically, adding another step to your payment tracking.

7.0/10