QuickBooks Payments

Mobile credit card processor for vendors

4,3
4,2
4,4
3,9
Sam J.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Outstanding Rates

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

The rate is worth it alone. But I would appreciate a bit more user friendly interface.

Pros

The rate Quickbooks offers is the best around. I pay the little extra to get the rate. Its fairly easy to use the product and convenient to use my phone.

Cons

The bluetooth card reader disconnects after a few minutes and takes a bit more to get reconnected first. That's hard for intermittent sales.

Response from Intuit

Hey there, Sam. It's awesome to hear about your positive experience with the product. To address the problem you're having with the card reader, we encourage you to perform the troubleshooting steps in this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/do-more-with-quickbooks/quickbooks-card-reader-connection-troubleshoot/00/139868/page/2. Doing so should target the issue directly. Wishing you the best of luck! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Laura S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

We use the Go Payment mobile app at work.

Reviewed on 2018/07/15

Convenience, ease of use, fair pricing.

Pros

What I like most about the Go Payment app is that in real-time it is easy to use. Comprehensive. It's great how it seamlessly integrates into QuickBooks online and then into our bank account.

Cons

Least favorite thing about Go Payment is QuickBooks merchant services. If there is a bump in the process, funds are held in their payments/collections department without notification to the user. It is up to us to figure out something is off, and make the inquiries. While doing that, I have gotten varying resolution answers from various reps. Is confusing and time-consuming.

Response from Intuit

Hi Laura. I can provide some insight into why funds may be held, as I know how this could affect a business. Please know this protocol is in place to keep you safe and protect against greater loss. This being said, I appreciate your review and the opportunity to help.

To start, check out the info at community.intuit.com/articles/1601181. Because each case is different, customer's with funds on hold must speak to a case manager who has the expertise to get you squared away. The article above touches on how you can find the status of your transaction in the Merchant Service Center (more on that at community.intuit.com/articles/1600594). In the event your deposit is under review, you'll also receive an official notification email including a case number and next steps.

If you have questions, please feel welcome to send me an email ([email protected]). I want to make sure you have all the info you deserve and hope to hear from you soon.

Sally B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

The montly cost is well worth it

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

With a click of a button it is so easy to send a bill or statement to a client

Cons

No issues or concerns with the payment feature of the software

Response from Intuit

Hi Sally. I'm thrilled QuickBooks is streamlining the billing and statement process for Dr. Charles Ashley Mann & Associates. Should you ever have any questions about the payments feature, I invite you to explore the Community database at https://community.intuit.com/browse/quickbooks-online-payments. I want you to know that help is only ever a click away, and the Community is an excellent support space.

I appreciate you taking the time to review, by the way!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

I used Gopayment for my retail business to track purchases and process card payments.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

I liked the the software is very user friendly and easy to manage inventory, and view transactions for order details.

Cons

I dislike that customers can not be added to track their purchases. I dislike that reports can not be ran to track purchase totals over a period of time. I dislike that inventory is not tracked.

Karen S.
Industry: Construction

Our technicians are able to take credit card payments on the job using this

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Less fees by swiping cards instead of keying them in.

Pros

We love that the technicians can take credit cards right on the job. They used to have to call in the card number and we were charged more for keying in the number. Now they can swipe the card right there on their phones and it goes into the bank account

Cons

A couple of the guys had a lot of trouble setting up their account in the beginning. Once we got them set up, it works pretty well

Remington K.
Industry: Farming

GoPayment makes collecting payments quick and simple.

Reviewed on 2018/12/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The mobile application is very simple and straight-forward. We have had very few issues with the credit card readers and they load very quickly. It is very easy to setup products and services in the app and add them to a transaction.

Cons

It is difficult to sync with your existing QBO products and services. Customer service doesn't seem to know their products well. It does not allow you to add a decimal number for a product quantity, so you can not sell products by weight.

Convenient for someone that's always on the move rendering services.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

Very easy-to-use credit card payment app. I like that it syncs with with your existing QuickBooks account. Made journaling easier.

Cons

The inability to deliver invoices in conjunction with the payment being made. Customer service wasn't too great.

Erik H.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Take payments anywhere!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Gopayment is a great option for payments on the go. It conveniently fits into your cell phone or mobile tablet to accept payments anywhere. The application is easy to use and install.

Cons

The integration with gopayment and your accounting software is vitally important for accurate record keeping. Unfortunately, GoPayment does not integrate with many software's. It does not integrate with QuickBooks online automatically, adding another step to your payment tracking.

Kimberly P.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

GoPayment Review

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Pros

The ease of use, and ability to customize receipts for my small business sales at craft fairs.

Cons

There was a bit of a wait for the credit card scanner but we just manually keyed the credits cards until we received it. So, it wasn't a big deal.

Nathan S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Fast and easy credit card processing

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

I was using a set desktop solution before that had a long term commitment. This allowed us to take mobile payments anywhere we had a cell phone and get out of those long term contracts. Also it smoothly integrated into QuickBooks so it was a win-win for us.

Pros

I has many options for taking a credit card payment. Plug in chip reader, take a picture of the card or a Bluetooth card reader is available. I like that it's month to month and if I don't use it I don't have to pay anything. It's simple and easy to integrate into quickbooks. It has a good back end that you can access from a computer to manage your payments and who is taking those payments.

Cons

The cost is cheaper if you pay monthly and high volume but more expensive for the smaller low volume months. When you get logged out it can be a slow process at times to get logged back in while a customer is waiting to give you their payment.

Response from Intuit

Hi Nathan. I'm glad the integration options and flexible methods for processing have provided a simple payment management system for Complete Carpet. Thanks for reviewing, and for being a member of the QuickBooks family.

If you're running into latency with logins, rest assured I've got you covered. I suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the GoPayment app, which is the easier way to ensure your software is updated. This simple troubleshooting step will get you back up to speed and cut-down on customer wait times.

Before you go, I want to ensure you continue to get the most from the payment system. The support landing page for the program has insights into the connection to QuickBooks, as well: https://community.intuit.com/products/quickbooks-payments-help-en-us.

As for the price, I'd be glad to discuss your options. There are alternatives for your average volume, and I've got the tools to dig into your account. We'll go from there.

Kris K.
Industry: Consumer Services

Quickbooks Payments make it easy for a price

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Pros

It was easy because it integrates with Quickbooks. I entered something and it was automatically entered into Quickbooks. I didn’t have to do any extra entering.

Cons

The price, fees, and lack of transparency. The fees were very high and it was too difficult to figure out what I was paying and why. I felt like a hostage to the program because I couldn’t figure out if there was a way that I could control the fees. I detested this part of it. I switched to a transparent provider with lower fees because of this. I have to do a bit more manually because it doesn’t integrate like QB Payments does, but it’s worth it to not feel like I am at the mercy of a program/provider.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Dan M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Quickbook Payments Fraud

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

The worst customer service period.

Pros

Billing and payment receipt can be fast but Quickbooks also determines legitmacy of bills and is currently withholding $16k for funds it received from a client that it won't return to the sender nor will they deposit it the company that invoiced account.

Cons

How can a company decide after a payment has been made that the company invoicing does not have a right to do so. Quickbooks keeps the $16k in funds that was paid. The instructions provided by Quickbooks is the sender has to file paperwork to retrieve the funds while it sits on QB's bank account. The sale is lost. The client relationship
Is severed. QB has the power to do this? Is this legal?

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Sibylle P.
Industry: Financial Services

QuickBooks Payments - Kind to Bookkeepers

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

I consider QuickBooks Payments an excellent method for making it easy for customers to pay and easy to track their payments.

Pros

Unlike other CC processors, QuickBooks Payments doesn't take out fees upfront. Instead, income enters the bookkeeping (automatically, if you have QuickBooks) in the correct gross income amounts, and fees are charged as a separate expense transaction. This makes bookkeeping much easier than when using other processors.

It's also very easy for customers to pay using this app.

Cons

Last time I tried, booking a credit card refund correctly required a work-around in the customer account. It's also possible for someone working in the books to issue a credit card refund to a customer more than once, and accidentally. I'm now very careful when working in customer accounts when there's a credit card on file.

Industry: Consumer Goods

Great super simple design

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Pros

I love this software! It was extremely intuitive to set up and it makes accepting payment a breeze!

Cons

I wish you could attach the payment to an invoice from the mobile app instead of going through the regular quickbooks.

Marsha K.

Recommend to my business clients and they love it

Reviewed on 2017/05/13

Pros

Super easy and free set-up, automatic entry and sync with Quickbooks Online, our recommended small business accounting. Solid technology that works reliably. Compared to Square it is much more reliable and less buggy. Read my side by side comparison review of mobile card reader app GoPayment vs Square http://best4businesses.com/finance/quickbooks-gopayment-review/

Cons

Sometimes I have found customer service hard to reach. A few people have mentioned that it can be hard to cancel your account if you change merchant accounts.

Industry: Real Estate
Company size: Self Employed

Perfect for Service Providers (no card reader necessary!)

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

I'm a home inspector and I am able to take payments right at the home now. I use this on about 50% of my home inspections and my clients love it.

Pros

I love that this software feels extremely professional when I'm asking for payment when I'm at someone's home. I don't have to enter in any information, I simply scan their debit or credit card and ask them to sign it. I also love that they have the option to receive a receipt right there. It's so nice to scan the card on my phone with the camera as opposed to carry around a clunky card reader.

Cons

Every now and then it is unable to read a card and I have to enter it in manually, which is frustrating. I also wish it integrated more seamlessly with Quickbooks Invoicing. Obviously I also would like to see the fee for credit card processing lower, but it's not horrible.

Industry: Real Estate

Take payments at mobile shows or wherever you need

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

This was a great addition that allows us to take credit card payments at trade shows and other places that we don't have access to a PC.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to setup, but for the most part very reliable.

Response from Intuit

Comments like yours are what we strive for! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what you think of QuickBooks, as it's wonderful to hear the program is exceeding your expectations and is simplifying how you run your business.

Should you find yourself in need of help, rest assured you can find assistance from the Product Experts who monitor our Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) pages. They're available 7 days a week from 8 am to 10 pm EST (8-8 on weekends), and will work with you over chat.

Enjoy!
Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Phil S.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

More seamless to transition data to Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2018/05/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love that it makes the importing of data from GoPayment to Quickbooks online seamless. We have liked it and used it now for several years after we had used Square Payments for 3-4 years.

Cons

Cost is fair, would like to pay less but we've typically used it now that the process is so seamless to import GoPayment data into Quickbooks online.

Moses W.

Gopayment mobile POS is great for accepting card payments.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Despite Gopayment not being perfect its a great mobile companion for accepting card and other types of payments. I love it although some work needs to be done to make it worth being used for mass POS transactions. I love it so far.

Pros

The fact that it is available on mobile phone makes it amazing, its easy to use, easily available, does not require any skills its just like you use the camera, its the best for small scale shop and store owners as it requires no space you just pocket it with the phone and produce it when needed.

Cons

some bugs makes it boring, its charges amount is way much for such a simple software especially for common goods with fixed prices in small shops, poor customer support response team.

Kent W.
Industry: Sports

It's Not Your Fault Your Swiper Is a Piece of Garbage

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

For real, we use this piece of software quite a bit and it's been a very flexible tool for us.

Pros

Allows us to easily take mobile payments from a tablet or smart phone. Tracking those payments is also pretty simple.

Cons

It's not GoPayment's fault that our swiper is a piece of garbage, but I wish there was someone else to blame. Most of the shortcomings of this software are purely user-related, because users and lame, and dumb.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Ricky C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

QuickBooks GoPayments Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

What I liked most about this software was how closely integrated the QuickBooks accounting and payment processing are to one another.

Cons

This software is not very cost effective.

Industry: Internet

Easy to Use and Integrates Perfectly into QuickBooks

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Simple to setup and process payments.
The integration into QuickBooks is seamless.

Cons

The processing cost is a little high but I think it's worth the convenience especially since I don't use it every day.

Tate C.

Receiving payment through Quickbooks was an easy way to accept payment as a start-up business

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Pros

This allowed us to easily and quickly start sending invoices and receive payment as a new start up business. I like how it is linked to our book keeping for easy tracking of income.

Cons

We no longer use this option, as we were able to get a better interest rate elsewhere. I didn't like how long it took for the funds to post to our account.

Nishawne P.
Industry: Cosmetics

Works well

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

It's a really easy to use way to charge my clients and it interfaces nicely with my Quickbooks

Pros

I have found this software easy to use. Customers like the interface though it keeps changing. The changes The changes tell me they are constantly trying to improve their product

Cons

As a service provider I don't like that I cannot set the tips where I would like them to be. They are preset and there's nothing I can do about it. Even clients have commented that I should change it but I can't.

Response from Intuit

I'm delighted to read the product is working so well for you, Nishawne. Though you can add tips to transactions (community.intuit.com/articles/1599562), we love hearing from you guys about how we can improve. As you mentioned, the engineers work tirelessly to ensure our products provide the best value on the market.

Part of that means listening very carefully to what our customers have to say, as any changes you may have noticed are a direct effect of your feedback. You know better than anyone what would best fit Forma Beautique's needs, so I'll gladly forward your ideas to the Development Team directly. Implementing a preset gratuity is a brilliant idea, and I thank you for sharing it. Moving forward, you can stay up-to-date on all new and exciting changes at the QuickBooks Blog, here: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

I appreciate you for leaving this GoPayment review, by the way. Thanks for being the best part of QuickBooks, and have a great weekend.

Andrew C.

Good credit card processing

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

Pros

Works well for credit card payments. It has some nice features like putting a hold on a card. Reasonable fees for processing.

Cons

I wish the hold on the credit card could be for a longer duration. Sometimes it is a bit clunky to figure out how to release or apply a hold.

Response from Intuit

Well hello again, Andrew. Once more, thanks so much for leaving your observations, and I'll gladly provide some more information about how holds work. While the amount of time an authorization stays on your customer's card is dependent upon their financial institution, most fall off on their own (typically within 7-10 business days). This means you'll need to reauthorize after seven days to ensure the money is still available in the customer's bank. After authorizing the funds in the Merchant Service Center, you can capture them. You can do this from Processing Tools > Capture Authorized Funds, and a capture is the point at which the funding process begins. While I have you here, I'll link you to this overview article on this topic: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1600562-process-and-capture-a-voice-authorization. I hope this helps!