QuickBooks Payments

4,3 (56)
Mobile credit card processor for vendors

Nathan S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Fast and easy credit card processing

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

I was using a set desktop solution before that had a long term commitment. This allowed us to take mobile payments anywhere we had a cell phone and get out of those long term contracts. Also it smoothly integrated into QuickBooks so it was a win-win for us.

Pros

I has many options for taking a credit card payment. Plug in chip reader, take a picture of the card or a Bluetooth card reader is available. I like that it's month to month and if I don't use it I don't have to pay anything. It's simple and easy to integrate into quickbooks. It has a good back end that you can access from a computer to manage your payments and who is taking those payments.

Cons

The cost is cheaper if you pay monthly and high volume but more expensive for the smaller low volume months. When you get logged out it can be a slow process at times to get logged back in while a customer is waiting to give you their payment.

Response from Intuit

Hi Nathan. I'm glad the integration options and flexible methods for processing have provided a simple payment management system for Complete Carpet. Thanks for reviewing, and for being a member of the QuickBooks family.

If you're running into latency with logins, rest assured I've got you covered. I suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the GoPayment app, which is the easier way to ensure your software is updated. This simple troubleshooting step will get you back up to speed and cut-down on customer wait times.

Before you go, I want to ensure you continue to get the most from the payment system. The support landing page for the program has insights into the connection to QuickBooks, as well: https://community.intuit.com/products/quickbooks-payments-help-en-us.

As for the price, I'd be glad to discuss your options. There are alternatives for your average volume, and I've got the tools to dig into your account. We'll go from there.

Garv S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Quickbooks is very good for smaller businesses

Reviewed on 2021/06/09

QuickBooks software helped me a lot.

Pros

QuickBooks software is very affordable with lot of good. There are lot's of reports in which you can see that the app allows you to add on a verity of additional features.

Cons

the built-in inventory management system is totally designed mainly for businesses tracking and the stock levels of the finished goods.

Jesse S.

Quickbooks Payments makes their users vulnerable to FRAUD

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

This vulnerability is unforgivable. This service should not be used.

Pros

I have used QB Payments as a secondary payment processor for nearly 9 years. I use e-invoices to collect payments from customers who want to order modifications that aren't available on our website. So it's not our primary processor (our website uses PayPal and Stripe), but until a recent MAJOR VULNERABILITY was discovered, my experience with QB Payments was fine.

Cons

I learned the hard way that QB will "pre-fund" ACH transactions and merchants have no option to toggle this option off. Their back-end payment status (e.g. Pending, Funded....) doesn't differentiate from a "PRE-FUNDED" transaction and one that is actually fully funded. Furthermore, they allow banks to deny payments up to 120 days after posting to the seller's bank account. This leaves sellers extremely vulnerable. If you're not picking up on it, basically, Intuit/Quickbooks will show FUNDED status and actually post the payment to the seller's bank account, at which point the seller has no grounds to withhold goods. Then, if the payment doesn't actually process, they will withdraw the funds from the seller with no 2-way dispute process for the seller to prove they actually fulfilled an order, and that a customer didn't seek return/refund by legitimate means. My small company lost about $3,000 in this loophole. We were not able to reclaim our merchandise or fulfillment costs, and Intuit held us responsible for the sum, including additional service fees (for the generous service of retracting this money they had already posted to our bank account?). Customer service was unwilling to escalate and did not provide me with any opportunity to report fraud. In fact they treated me like the fraudster when they made my business vulnerable to a fraudster in the first place. It comes down to zero's. $3K is enough to make me want to fix this. Add a zero and it would have ruined us.

Nishawne P.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Works well

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

It's a really easy to use way to charge my clients and it interfaces nicely with my Quickbooks

Pros

I have found this software easy to use. Customers like the interface though it keeps changing. The changes The changes tell me they are constantly trying to improve their product

Cons

As a service provider I don't like that I cannot set the tips where I would like them to be. They are preset and there's nothing I can do about it. Even clients have commented that I should change it but I can't.

Response from Intuit

I'm delighted to read the product is working so well for you, Nishawne. Though you can add tips to transactions (community.intuit.com/articles/1599562), we love hearing from you guys about how we can improve. As you mentioned, the engineers work tirelessly to ensure our products provide the best value on the market.

Part of that means listening very carefully to what our customers have to say, as any changes you may have noticed are a direct effect of your feedback. You know better than anyone what would best fit Forma Beautique's needs, so I'll gladly forward your ideas to the Development Team directly. Implementing a preset gratuity is a brilliant idea, and I thank you for sharing it. Moving forward, you can stay up-to-date on all new and exciting changes at the QuickBooks Blog, here: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

I appreciate you for leaving this GoPayment review, by the way. Thanks for being the best part of QuickBooks, and have a great weekend.

Sam J.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Outstanding Rates

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

The rate is worth it alone. But I would appreciate a bit more user friendly interface.

Pros

The rate Quickbooks offers is the best around. I pay the little extra to get the rate. Its fairly easy to use the product and convenient to use my phone.

Cons

The bluetooth card reader disconnects after a few minutes and takes a bit more to get reconnected first. That's hard for intermittent sales.

Response from Intuit

Hey there, Sam. It's awesome to hear about your positive experience with the product. To address the problem you're having with the card reader, we encourage you to perform the troubleshooting steps in this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/do-more-with-quickbooks/quickbooks-card-reader-connection-troubleshoot/00/139868/page/2. Doing so should target the issue directly. Wishing you the best of luck! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Catherine R.

payment software

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

we are still using this system and it's working great. We rarely have any problems and when we do they are solved quickly for us.

Pros

This allowed our technicians to receive payment in the field and integrated nicely with Quick Books. It worked wonderfully for the most part.

Cons

the cost of the scanners was a little high due to them not lasting as long as we would have liked.

Response from Intuit

Thanks a bunch for reviewing, Catherine. I'm delighted the software allows for the flexibility your technicians need in the field. If you ever run into issues with the scanners, I assure you there are troubleshooting steps in place. This way, the hardware will last as long as it's designed to moving forward.

This Community database article discusses troubleshooting and updates, which is widely known to fix connection issues: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Payments/Set-up-bluetooth-card-reader-for-GoPayment-or-QuickBooks-Online/td-p/186471. Furthermore, the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) would be glad to provide more insight if the info above doesn't do the trick. I'm thrilled your problems are always solved quickly, and this chat based channel is another excellent support option.

Gladys M.

Quickbooks Easy-to-use Accounting Softwaree

Reviewed on 2021/06/25

Satisfied for my small business

Pros

That it's good for small businesses and therefore inexpensive

Cons

That number of users are limited
In case I'm not available

Martin M.

Quick Payment

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

This payment solution has been great. Quick pay time, easily integrates with Quickbooks and it is very easy to set up and use.

Pros

Easy to use, appears very secure and customer like the payment method. The ability to use this at events and even at client locations make this one of the best ways to accept credit cards.

Cons

The security is so tight that sometimes it can be hard to get signed in. We don’t use it every day so sometimes it takes a few tried to get the log in correct. That’s as much a user issue as it is a complaint. Naturally, I’d Like lower fees but for periodic usage, this a great value.

Response from Intuit

Empowering you with the tools you need to make your job easier is our top priority, Martin. We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks GoPayment to receive your hard earned money even faster! To learn about the security measures is place, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for an awesome review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quick Books Makes things easy

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

Overall, We love QuickBooks payments because we get paid quickly from our customers using credit cards.

Pros

I love that we can take payments from our customers easily.

Cons

It took a long time for us to get a card reader.

Anderson A.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

The best

Reviewed on 2021/08/19

Improve transfer time from one account to another

Pros

I like the ease of making payments,using the app made my life at the company easier.

Cons

I don't like the time it sometimes takes to show the payment

Laura S.

We use the Go Payment mobile app at work.

Reviewed on 2018/07/15

Convenience, ease of use, fair pricing.

Pros

What I like most about the Go Payment app is that in real-time it is easy to use. Comprehensive. It's great how it seamlessly integrates into QuickBooks online and then into our bank account.

Cons

Least favorite thing about Go Payment is QuickBooks merchant services. If there is a bump in the process, funds are held in their payments/collections department without notification to the user. It is up to us to figure out something is off, and make the inquiries. While doing that, I have gotten varying resolution answers from various reps. Is confusing and time-consuming.

Response from Intuit

Hi Laura. I can provide some insight into why funds may be held, as I know how this could affect a business. Please know this protocol is in place to keep you safe and protect against greater loss. This being said, I appreciate your review and the opportunity to help.

To start, check out the info at community.intuit.com/articles/1601181. Because each case is different, customer's with funds on hold must speak to a case manager who has the expertise to get you squared away. The article above touches on how you can find the status of your transaction in the Merchant Service Center (more on that at community.intuit.com/articles/1600594). In the event your deposit is under review, you'll also receive an official notification email including a case number and next steps.

If you have questions, please feel welcome to send me an email ([email protected]). I want to make sure you have all the info you deserve and hope to hear from you soon.

Kris K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Quickbooks Payments make it easy for a price

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Pros

It was easy because it integrates with Quickbooks. I entered something and it was automatically entered into Quickbooks. I didn’t have to do any extra entering.

Cons

The price, fees, and lack of transparency. The fees were very high and it was too difficult to figure out what I was paying and why. I felt like a hostage to the program because I couldn’t figure out if there was a way that I could control the fees. I detested this part of it. I switched to a transparent provider with lower fees because of this. I have to do a bit more manually because it doesn’t integrate like QB Payments does, but it’s worth it to not feel like I am at the mercy of a program/provider.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payments

It integrated with Quickbooks.
Lindsey N.

Decent software

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Because of my issues with the card reader, I don’t use QB go payment as much as I used to. But I still have to offer it to my customers who only use cards.

Pros

I like the software for this program. The online program is easy to navigate and easy to find what I’m looking for ex: totals, fees etc..

Cons

My app often fails or kicks me out and I have to log back in (annoying). My card scanner never works correctly. I have to swipe the card 3x, hop on 1 foot then slide the card for it to work! Ridiculous and time consuming

Rhiannon R.
  • Industry: Photography

Simple and fast

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

Go payment is easy and fast to use. If you have the app on your phone or tablet and out doing business, you can charge a customer right there and then on the spot. You are able to swipe the card with the card reader or key it in manually. Once you take payment you have the option to send a receipt of the sale and get a signature from the customer for extra security. The software is well design and works flawlessly.

Cons

I do not have any cons currently. Everything works as expected and it the apps seems to always be up and running/updated

Sibylle P.

QuickBooks Payments - Kind to Bookkeepers

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

I consider QuickBooks Payments an excellent method for making it easy for customers to pay and easy to track their payments.

Pros

Unlike other CC processors, QuickBooks Payments doesn't take out fees upfront. Instead, income enters the bookkeeping (automatically, if you have QuickBooks) in the correct gross income amounts, and fees are charged as a separate expense transaction. This makes bookkeeping much easier than when using other processors.

It's also very easy for customers to pay using this app.

Cons

Last time I tried, booking a credit card refund correctly required a work-around in the customer account. It's also possible for someone working in the books to issue a credit card refund to a customer more than once, and accidentally. I'm now very careful when working in customer accounts when there's a credit card on file.

Rebecca N.

I have been using this for my business for a number of years.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

allows my clients to pay with all credit cards.

Pros

Easy and fast to use with QBO, integrates with my accounting and the card swipe and chip reader work easily. Can pull reports from the website and track monthly totals.

Cons

Would like a chip reader that could be used on desktop, not just cell phone. Time it takes to post payments to my bank account.

Perfect for Service Providers (no card reader necessary!)

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

I'm a home inspector and I am able to take payments right at the home now. I use this on about 50% of my home inspections and my clients love it.

Pros

I love that this software feels extremely professional when I'm asking for payment when I'm at someone's home. I don't have to enter in any information, I simply scan their debit or credit card and ask them to sign it. I also love that they have the option to receive a receipt right there. It's so nice to scan the card on my phone with the camera as opposed to carry around a clunky card reader.

Cons

Every now and then it is unable to read a card and I have to enter it in manually, which is frustrating. I also wish it integrated more seamlessly with Quickbooks Invoicing. Obviously I also would like to see the fee for credit card processing lower, but it's not horrible.

• Used for 2+ years

Take payments at mobile shows or wherever you need

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

This was a great addition that allows us to take credit card payments at trade shows and other places that we don't have access to a PC.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to setup, but for the most part very reliable.

Response from Intuit

Comments like yours are what we strive for! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what you think of QuickBooks, as it's wonderful to hear the program is exceeding your expectations and is simplifying how you run your business.

Should you find yourself in need of help, rest assured you can find assistance from the Product Experts who monitor our Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) pages. They're available 7 days a week from 8 am to 10 pm EST (8-8 on weekends), and will work with you over chat.

Enjoy!
Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Andrew C.

Good credit card processing

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

Pros

Works well for credit card payments. It has some nice features like putting a hold on a card. Reasonable fees for processing.

Cons

I wish the hold on the credit card could be for a longer duration. Sometimes it is a bit clunky to figure out how to release or apply a hold.

Response from Intuit

Well hello again, Andrew. Once more, thanks so much for leaving your observations, and I'll gladly provide some more information about how holds work. While the amount of time an authorization stays on your customer's card is dependent upon their financial institution, most fall off on their own (typically within 7-10 business days). This means you'll need to reauthorize after seven days to ensure the money is still available in the customer's bank. After authorizing the funds in the Merchant Service Center, you can capture them. You can do this from Processing Tools > Capture Authorized Funds, and a capture is the point at which the funding process begins. While I have you here, I'll link you to this overview article on this topic: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1600562-process-and-capture-a-voice-authorization. I hope this helps!

Bryan W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

GoPayment the software that you should get for your transactions

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

GoPayment is suitable for all business, the small ones, medium, and the big ones will be well served with this software

Pros

This software is super easy to use and also user friendly. GoPayment can be intergrated with other software thus giving it an added advantage over other payment software

Cons

The customer support needs some improvement because this is the major problem with this software. I have no other problem with GoPayment

Marsha K.

Recommend to my business clients and they love it

Reviewed on 2017/05/13

Pros

Super easy and free set-up, automatic entry and sync with Quickbooks Online, our recommended small business accounting. Solid technology that works reliably. Compared to Square it is much more reliable and less buggy. Read my side by side comparison review of mobile card reader app GoPayment vs Square http://best4businesses.com/finance/quickbooks-gopayment-review/

Cons

Sometimes I have found customer service hard to reach. A few people have mentioned that it can be hard to cancel your account if you change merchant accounts.

Phil S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

More seamless to transition data to Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

I love that it makes the importing of data from GoPayment to Quickbooks online seamless. We have liked it and used it now for several years after we had used Square Payments for 3-4 years.

Cons

Cost is fair, would like to pay less but we've typically used it now that the process is so seamless to import GoPayment data into Quickbooks online.

Tasha W.

Good

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Pros

It easily goes into quickbook; very easy to start using; was able to get an account quickly; set up was eqsy; eaay to make transactions

Cons

I cant reach custumer service. Very diidicukt to get the answers you need. You need to ho online to do everything and if system down you cant do it. They cant help you

Dan M.

Quickbook Payments Fraud

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

The worst customer service period.

Pros

Billing and payment receipt can be fast but Quickbooks also determines legitmacy of bills and is currently withholding $16k for funds it received from a client that it won't return to the sender nor will they deposit it the company that invoiced account.

Cons

How can a company decide after a payment has been made that the company invoicing does not have a right to do so. Quickbooks keeps the $16k in funds that was paid. The instructions provided by Quickbooks is the sender has to file paperwork to retrieve the funds while it sits on QB's bank account. The sale is lost. The client relationship
Is severed. QB has the power to do this? Is this legal?

Steve P.

Great company helping smaller companies grow..

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

It's super convenient this company charges low interest rates make smaller companies grow faster.
I appreciate your customer service . Very polite people and always available to help me with anything I have concerns with.