ProProfs Project

Simple Project Management Software

Miguel a. G.

Projects Done Right!

Reviewed on 2015/07/26

Prior to employing the use of Project Bubble to track all of my website projects, I reviewed, download and tested close to a dozen other comparable project management tools. Although my heart was set on a scrum-like tool, Project Bubble was the clear winner due to its functionality and value. Furthermore, it was simple enough for my clients to access and keep track of their status, without having to explain or train them in the process of an Agile-based process, which most are not familiar with. And because most of my projects were extremely short, Project Bubble offered the best user experience of all other tools I tried.

Project Bubble is simple, while packing a great amount of functionality and value. It is a very powerful collaborative tool as well. Everything from tracking high level features and functions in my projects to tasking, sub-tasks, comments and file attachments... Project Bubble has it all.

While many are now starting to actively seek applications designed around Agile methodologies like the popular Scrum and Kanban processes, I still recommend Project Bubble, despite its lack of Agile support. As a certified Scrum Master and Scrum Product Owner, as well as an avid Scrum enthusiast, I am still able to actively fulfill the delivery of projects using Project Bubble. I believe it is one application worth looking into as an affordable, highly functional, project management tool.

Pros

Project Bubble is very intuitive and simple to use. It provides an exceptional collaboration platform for communicating with clients. Provides project status at a glance. Its reminder features are great for keeping projects on track.

Cons

Prior to this review I had but one con. But since the introduction of their accompanying mobile app, which I had so desired for a while, I do not have a single con I can report about the application.

Vidushi V.

Easy to scale business successfully

Reviewed on 2021/10/28

For a fast-growing company like ours, streamlining activities and collaborating with team members was a real challenge. We have been able to overcome both of these challenges ever since onboarding the tool. Our business processes have improved, and team members are able to collaborate on projects more efficiently.

Pros

I love that I can keep all my project tasks and activities organized in one place. Also, I can time-track processes from anywhere and anytime. Further, the tool’s collaborative features ease everyday communication across the organization

Cons

My experience has been good so far. I have not faced any issues with the tool.

Natasha A.

Rothko Brand Partners

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

We've had the product for many years, it's part of the business.

Pros

It manages our cost estimates which is a vital component in our business.

Cons

It changes often. Also there are some limitations

Response from ProProfs

Thank you for sharing your review.

Great for developing a data-driven strategy

Reviewed on 2021/10/20

ProProfs’s presentation-ready reports are a relief. I can sit with senior leaders in the organization, stakeholders, and team members to discuss future strategies without having to spend days trying to create a proper report. The tool’s reports offer excellent insight into project data within minutes.

Pros

The tool’s powerful reports and analytics help me to evaluate how well the existing workflow is working for my projects. This allows me to implement instant changes in the workflow as per the project and team needs.

Cons

The tool has been serving the organization well. We have no complaints so far.

Anjali C.

Better communication with remote teams

Reviewed on 2021/10/18

ProProfs helps me have complete control over my projects. Right from planning a deliverable to taking it across the finish line, I am in constant communication with my remote team members to successfully deliver all projects.

Pros

The tool has excellent collaboration features such as instant messaging and task comments. Its intuitive interface allows my team members to come together and deliver multiple projects from a centralized space.

Cons

No complaints yet. The tool has worked wonderfully for my team. Managing my remote team members is not a hassle anymore.

Jim M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Suitable even for a pretty small business

Reviewed on 2015/07/27

I was running a virtual marketing agency - about 10 people working together as dictated by each client/project - on paper, in a ledger book. I had a consultant shop the market for a better solution, and after research she came to me with Project Bubble. It has been a time- and life-saver for me.

All my independent contractors can log in and create their own Tasks, or add time to ones I create. Invoicing is so simple, especially since i charge different rates to different clients (I have about 50 clients in a given year). It's much easier for me to keep track of how much I owe each contractor (previously a nightmare, since I pay them only when I get paid by each client).

The learning curve for PB was very short, and I've found through trial and error that it does way more than I know or use; whenever I run into some problem or need, I'll dig around and discover that the answer is already built in.

Overall, this has changed the game for me. Much more time to spend working, much less on tracking and managing.

Lisa D.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Best Project Management Software Ever!

Reviewed on 2015/07/28

I have used Project Bubble for my Graphic Design business every day for the past 3+ years. Project Bubble allows me to easily organize my projects, due dates and track my hours as I am working on projects. After I complete my jobs, I create the invoice right from the software and it automatically adds up the hours at my rate and I can send the invoice straight from the software. I couldn't imagine using anything else. Offers everything I need to run my business smoothly:)

Affordable
Great Customer Service!

Cons

The only thing that I could possibly think of is that maybe it could send a reminder if I forgot to shut off a timer for a job. Occasionally I have forgotten to turn off the timer and it records all weekend long, but I am able to manually adjust so it is not a huge deal.

Chris D.

One of the best

Reviewed on 2015/07/27

Project Bubble is one of the best project management apps I have used. I have been with them almost since day one. Anything I needed, Stu or his people would email me back quickly. Any additions to the platform, they would work toward. It's great.

Pros

All of it...timesheets, projects, everything.

Cons

Here are the only things I would add.

A expenses area for receipts and things. As of now I keep all of that in evernote. Would love to integrate here.

Response from Project Bubble LLC

Hey – you can add the Expenses add-on to your account for no additional cost, just go to the Account menu (top right), click Add-ons, then enable Expenses. :-)

Jerron S.
  • Industry: Design

I've used it for three years

Reviewed on 2015/07/24

I have used project bubble for about three years now and find it easy to use, and very thorough.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers a lot of useful interconnected information like clients, projects and contacts. I also find its reporting system to be very useful.

Cons

I would prefer a little more custimization of the invoices, like the ability to set custom groups for the listings. Something other than description and quantity. But it is a pretty minor thing.

Isman R.

Please Always Improve The Feature..

Reviewed on 2015/08/06

Project Bubble is a good tools for project management, but i hope many feature on this tools like gantt chart, preview mode for image ( current function if i clicked on the image it will be download ) and etc, basically the feature create for help users managing the project..

Response from ProProfs

Thank you for sharing your review.

Heyonil L.

Easy, simple and very useful.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Ease and organization

Pros

With just a glance you can follow your projects and see the progress they have made. If doubts or concerns arise about a project, the team can work on the spot (this is very useful and practical). It is great to assign tasks to members of the work team and also, you can share files.

Cons

If it is not clear what you want to do in the project, it can become cumbersome. It is necessary that all equipment is necessarily online. You must do a prior training to use it, if you do not have knowledge of the software. For initiates, it can become complex but only for a short period of time.

Response from ProProfs

Thank you for sharing your review.

Alicia L.

Love everything about it

Reviewed on 2015/09/23

I'm a Graphic Designer and I went online and searched through dozens of project management softwares (not an exaggeration!)

I was looking for certain key features: A project management software that had client access, ability to comment, invoicing and tracking expenses. On top of that, the software had to be easy to use and a nice interface - because, hey, I'm a designer and I like things looking pretty! This one really stood out to me, so I created a trial. I had questions for the product team as well and they got back to me within the day, most times within the hour!

I kid you not, within the first few days my clients were telling me how awesome this system was. Mind you, we were doing all our communications by email before, so this was a huge step up.

The features that I love about this project is:

- EASY TO USE - Easy to use and nice interface
- MY LOGO - I can customize the system with my own logo
- SHARING IMAGES - I can upload images and mockups and my clients can upload any images they would like to share as well
- COMMENTING - Ability to have conversations/comments back and forth to each other and get notifications by email, when they have posted on a project
- PROGRESS PERCENTAGE - Anywhere from 1 - 100%, I can specify how far we are along in the project by setting a percentage to each project
- PROJECT STATUS - By specifying each project with a colour of green, yellow or red, I can easily indicate which ones I am waiting back on from the client and which ones I need to work on

There are more features I can't all list here without writing a story. Really impressed and I plan on sticking with Project Bubble for a long time to come.

Response from ProProfs

Thank you for sharing your review.

Bhooshan S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Tracking Employee Productivity

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

We’re still using the product and so far our experience has been amazing with it. We would highly recommend people making use of this project management tool as it helps you learn who’s working, how much they have contributed and even figure out if you have resource crunch or not.

Pros

Features like timesheets have helped us manage and track employee productivity effectively. Even task progress bars have enabled us to see how far the team members come in terms of individual progress and if they are able to meet their deadlines on time or not.

Cons

The only thing that anyone can dislike about this product is the lack of integrations it has for now. I mean it would have been great if we had more options to improve its effectiveness as a tool. But overall it’s great and doesn’t really seem to be affecting our capital either.

Ajay D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Enjoy different views for different needs

Reviewed on 2022/01/08

With ProProfs project we are able to gain better visibility and track team performance. Every team member can see their task progress in real-time and collaborate with other departments in case of any help or confusion.

Pros

Unlike other project management tools, ProProfs Project offers you to track your ongoing projects in multiple views. For instance, you can track basic details using the Calendar view, or use Gantt Charts to see task dependencies. You can even use their Kanban Board which works like a charm as well.

Cons

No major complaint areas yet. I will keep you guys posted.

The bigger boat

Excellent project management system for agenices

Reviewed on 2014/02/14

We're a small digital marketing agency and we've used Project Bubble for over a year now. Before that we had load of demos and used various systems, like basecamp, etc. We found that most either looked bad, were difficult to use, or over complicated and the better ones charged a lot.

Project Bubble is reasonably priced, looks great and it gives you the flexibility to be as detailed or light on project management as you want. We use it for all our projects, but it's especially useful for retainer clients who have a set amount of hours per month. The end of the month timesheet reports for clients is perfect for us. It's also useful for quote feedback, we can see how long certain projects take quickly, so we know if they are profitable or we need to re-visit the pricing.

PB constantly bring updates out that improve user experience and always listen to suggestions. We've not looked back since starting with PB and would recommend it to any team wanting an online project management solution - especially if they want to track time.

Pros

Time tracking for users and projects, time logged Vs quote overview, team and user task ownership, file sharing, production schedule planning via the calendar.

Cons

Project management only, so no CRM for managing prospects and leads (but we just use something else for that!)

Cecia G.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Providing Project Deliverables Has Become Easy With ProProfs

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Pros

My team like how the files related to one project gets managed within the same tasks easily. They don’t have to search hard in their emails to get the updated files to move ahead with their development projects. However, I like how all tasks and even projects can be viewed from a single dashboard. Makes a lot easier for me to track the progress of all the ongoing projects.

Cons

What I like the least is the unavailability of features such as Gantt Chart and Kanban view. Such features complete a project management software. So I would request the team to work on getting these two features onboard.

Response from ProProfs

Thank you for sharing your review for ProProfs Project.

Dmitry N.

Marvelous PM application for freelancers

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

It’s been over 4 months since I started working remotely, thanks to the COVID-19 outbreak. And I must say ProProfs Project can make the life of remote teams easier. I’ve noticed that this tool helps in task management, collaboration, file sharing, and communication. It has met my needs, so I am happy with this tool.

My reasons for choosing ProProfs Project are, ‘Simple interface,’ ‘Powerful features,’ ‘Mobile apps,’ ‘24/7 customer support,’ and ‘Economical pricing’.

Pros

This tool is simple to use and comes with a plethora of features. Customer support is available round-the-clock on channels like telephone, email, live chat, etc. Mobile apps are also user friendly and make it easier to keep track of projects.

Cons

I’ve faced lagging issues at times, so that could be improved.

Anthony K.

An excellent and key piece of software within my workflow

Reviewed on 2015/08/03

I've been using Project Bubble since 2009 and it's been an incredibly important part of my business workflow. It covers multiple facets of what I need to run the administrative side of my work, from a simple CRM system, keeping my clients up to date, producing estimates for new work and converting those estimates into invoices which are automatically emailed off to clients and also allows those clients to pay via paypal directly from the invoice email.

From first to last point of the sequence, Project Bubble makes it easy.

Pros

Fast, easy to use and my clients comment on how easy it works from their end.

Cons

the iPhone app could do with a bit more work, but I believe the team are working on this already.

Response from ProProfs

Thank you for sharing your review.

Steven L.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Awesome PM application

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

I have got a delightful experience with ProProfs Project thanks to its outstanding features, budget-friendly pricing, and user-friendly mobile apps.

Pros

Simplicity is what I like most about ProProfs Project. It has amazing features like Gantt charts, Powerful reporting, File sharing, Email notifications, etc. I also love its mobile apps for offering ease of accessibility.

Cons

I am impressed with this tool, but lagging issues sometimes annoy me.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Personal Project/Time Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 2014/06/10

I am currently using Project Bubble (PB) solely for tracking the time of my personal projects. Nevertheless, I have to say that the simple and intuitive interface allows quick adding and handling of new projects and tasks as well as tracking the corresponding time intervals.

Weekly reviews of my work based on PB reports allow me to analyze my personal workload with regard to the different projects.

I hope that people at PB keep up their great work, following their current "company philosophy" of "simplicity" and will not overload PB with too many (unnecessary) features.

Pros

- Unlimited number of projects for a small group of users (as long as the PB branding does not upset one).
- Simple/Intuitive interface for adding/changing projects/tasks.
- Quick time tracking shortcuts for corresponding tasks.

Cons

- For my personal use, a grouping of projects (e.g., personal, business) would be nice.

Codigo vision

A complete solution from an excellent company!

Reviewed on 2014/02/14

I've been using Project Bubble for over a year now and love it! I tried countless other systems before discovering Project Bubble including FreshBooks, Basecamp, etc, and this one was the only one that provided everything I needed in a simple solution. As a web developer that charges hourly I am able to easily setup projects/tasks and track time then create invoices for each project or client.

The company has been extremely helpful and responsive along the way. I have requested several features and had several implemented, and very quickly. Also, every time I have requested support someone has responded and solved the issue very promptly.

In short, I have been very impressed with the system and the staff at Project Bubble and highly recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Complete solution from project - task - time to invoice and even PayPal payments.
Very simple and easy to use.
Affordable.

Cons

Reports are fairly basic.

Robert M.

Stellar Product

Reviewed on 2015/07/27

From day one of being a Project Bubble user I have not looked back and it has helped streamline my freelance business with the simple and friendly user interface. I could not be more pleased.

Pros

New features keep being added and the user interface still remains simple and easy to use. Not like other apps that grow and become clunky because there is no thought into the final product. Project Bubble just gets better and better.

Cons

None cons at this time.

Pablo C.

Easy to use and functional

Reviewed on 2015/09/22

I am a consultant and have to manage between 10 and 15 projects for a number of clients. I have used Project Bubble for over a year now and it has made my project management an easy task. I find it very intuitive and so far I have found all the features I needed - and I know the team are constantly working to implement more.

I have had a great experience with customer service, always a friendly voice at the end of the chat, and they have always been efficient - just as an example, I deleted by mistake one of my tasks and all the time entries disappeared with it. Fortunately Project Bubble creates backups (I wasn't even aware of that until then!) and they were able to get them back and replace each time entry (90 hours worth of them over 4 weeks) so the next day they were all back there.

I would definitely recommend Project Bubble.

Response from ProProfs

Thank you for sharing your review.

Gurdeep S.

Fantastic - Recommended

Reviewed on 2014/06/21

We tried out various project management tools over the past few years including open source software which we ran on our own servers, but these proved to require too much of our time to maintain as well as the headache of maintaining our own server. We then looked at web apps that could work for us and selected Project Bubble and we haven't looked back since, highly recommended.

The support has also been fantastic, you can rely on Stu & his team to get back to you ASAP regarding any queries.

We highly recommend Project Bubble.

Pros

Nice simple interface
Easy to manage tasks for teams and developers
Time tracking on tasks and projects
Easy to track comments and progress on tasks
Task, projects and resource reporting
Fantastic support

Cons

No mobile app

Response from Project Bubble LLC

There are mobile apps for iPhone and Android, as of early 2015.

Russell H.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Project Bubble after a year +

Reviewed on 2015/07/24

Project bubble is a key part of our business. It has made us much more organized and profitable.

Pros

I love the fact that the project bubble has all of the tool I need in one ap. (projects that contain content, notes, comments, tasks, timesheets, invoices and reports)

Cons

I wish I had more time to spend getting to know the functionality of the ap.