Wimi

Reinvent your teamwork

Really nice project management software!

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Improvement in team collaboration activities for our project management efforts.

Pros

This is a pretty impressive project management software package. Particularly it's easy to share artifacts and documents between team members, making it a lot easier to collaborate. The user interface is well designed.

Cons

It's a pretty solid application. However I'd like to see more features and functionality in the mobile version of the application.

Dale
Dale

Finally...A Truly Complete (yet affordable) Collaboration Platform!

Reviewed on 2017/03/05

As a "power" user of the Wimi platform since September 2016, I feel like I have finally arrived at collaboration "Nirvana". This "arrival" comes after years of cobbling together dozens of single-purpose tools like - Skype, Slack, Trello, Basecamp, Dropbox, WebEx and many others that are fine for what they were designed to do. However, each of these single-purpose tools addresses only single part of the complete collaboration challenge.

Fortunately, in recent years a number of players have come into the market with platforms that attempt to move beyond cobbling together single-purpose tools. Bitrix24, Redbooth, Sandglaz, Zoho Projects, Smartsheet and dozens of others fall into this category. However, I find three main problems with these solutions. They are prohibitively expensive with per user pricing structures that actually discourage adding new collaborators, especially when it is not possible to pass on this additional cost to the collaborator. Many of these solutions are also overly complicated by unnecessary features that do not match a "purest" collaboration use case. Lastly, many of these platforms tend toward a project management use case which I find to be no substitute for a "workspace" use case.

Now, given the widely varying expectations around collaboration, it may be helpful to describe my particular use case before going too much further. I collaborate with students, clients and entrepreneurial startup teams. Each of these groups require segregated workspaces with the ability to add individual group members to any workspace while maintaining vary granular control over what each member can see and do in each workspace via permissions.

Within each workspace, Wimi provides easy to use features that are most valuable for "purest" collaboration - group and individual (i.e. private) messaging, real-time chat, video conferencing with screen sharing, individual and shared calendars, document sharing, calendar-integrated task management, scheduled and ad hoc meetings, and more. If this wasn't enough, the Wimi team have also done a fantastic job of integrating with - Google, Dropbox, Box, Microsoft, Skype and Zapier.

Wimi has solved a collaboration problem I have struggled with for at least the last 5 years. For this reason, I strongly recommend Wimi to anyone seeking a workspace-oriented collaboration platform that is easy to use while remaining affordable for use cases that involve large numbers of external collaborators.

Pros

This software perfectly fits my use case with the right features in an easy to use interface at a cost that I can afford.

Cons

The things that I least like about this software are things that I believe the Wimi team are actively addressing for future releases. At the top of this list is the 2-hour "Time Out" behavior of the app. This feature forces me to log back into the app too many times a day. Obviously, this isn't a deal-killer but it can be annoying.

Also, at present, there is no desktop app to complement the web app. A desktop app would make it much easier to quickly add tasks to workspaces (i.e. via a hotkey combo) and to integrate with other desktop apps.

Currently, there are no Gantt Charts for project management.

And lastly, a key improvement to the mobile app would be to eliminate dependence upon a browser...make it a standalone app.

Rahul

Good for project management

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Pros

The toll brings your operations together and really makes all the data available for analysis in one place. Simple and elegant.

Cons

It's a bit expensive if you have a large team of 1000+ employees.

Franck

The best solution for managing all types of collaborative projects

Reviewed on 2017/03/03

Hello everyone,

I use Wimi as part of my Professional and particular activity to manage web...

Hello everyone,

I use Wimi as part of my Professional and particular activity to manage web projects predominantly and other natures particular side.
I find that Wimi is really above BaseCamp in terms of ergonomics and user friendliness to its use especially to collaborate with people who do not know at all this project management tools that increases our workflow significantly!
I saw that Wimi could connect to Zapier, but is it compatible to automate certain tasks as Zapier allows it with BaseCamp?

A Wimi customer very satisfied with this great tool!
Hats down to designers and developers no wonder Wimi is part of the Top 5 World!

Long live Wimi with the wish that he dethrone BaseCamp

Pros

A Wimi customer very satisfied with this great tool!
Hats down to designers and developers .. no wonder Wimi is part of the Top 5 World! ;-)

Long live Wimi with the wish that he dethrone BaseCamp

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Good tool for teamwork

Reviewed on 2022/09/15

Pros

WIMI performs as promised and functions as advertised. Consequently, it's an excellent "all-in-one" solution.
This teamwork tool is comfortable and easy to use. I appreciate working with wimi and encourage my project teams to do the same. It is comparable to other similar products.

Cons

There is no way to create a single global Gantt chart or a table with all of the project teams in it. This would provide a thorough overview of the ongoing project.

• Industry: Accounting

Nice workflow management tool

Reviewed on 2022/11/12

I will continue to use it because it meets my current needs.

I will continue to use it because it meets my current needs.

Pros

It's a project planning and management tool. the teamwork option is very impressive. in addition, you can manage the documents and get feedback from the members.

Cons

I don't see any negative points except the management options which are a bit limited.

Flock

Flock
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great Starting Point for Enterprise Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

I found this software to be very intuitive, and more importantly, conducive to easy training both foreign and domestic staff remotely. With a short adoption period, our firm was quickly able to gain better visibility into staffing and project management.

Cons

Having used this software for a few years there have been many updates, however initial software was less robust than initially hoped for, especially in the task function.

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Upto to mark

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Project management

Project management

Pros

Wimi is the best tool available in the market for project management and file management. All the file can be handled on the go. We can share all the details at a common shares location. Wimi is the best tool of the 2017 that I have used and still using in 2018

Cons

Wimi provides common and trail feature for a time frame and advanced features are paid and it is but costlier for small business

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Wimi is the best project management tool that I have ever used

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Using it for project management

Using it for project management

Pros

Wimi is very easy to use and provides best features and average interface for project management like file sharing and arranging. It has also phone application that provides quick chat support for their users.

Cons

The number of the participants are limited at one time. Application Interface and customization can be better.

Simple smart and powerfull

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

Pros

This software is easy to use and very complete.

Cons

Nothing compared to other programs in the same category

Astrid

Simple and efficient

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

Pros

I find the functionalities to be really handy for communication and day to day work within your team. You have access to everything on one single platform, without having to open a number of tabs and files. You are updated when anyone has anything important to say, there isnt the lag of emails and it is rather more friendly, making the work environment feel more at ease. Additionally, I am a big fan of the task module where you really can get a perspective of what needs to get done and get it customized to your needs. And lastly, the document module and the Wimi drive come as really handy as your work is focused on two single things, where all can be accessed both online and offline. Really think this is a great tool, specially given that while working with Eloquens, up to 15 tasks can be done a day - and Wimi really does help me keep it all in perspective.

Cons

I'd say a few improvements could be done in terms of the actions done on particular features, where it would be good to have updates within the platform and have less updates through your email.

Laurent

Great teamwork service

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

I have been using Wimi for my consulting activities since 2015. The concept of bringing many great tools in workspaces (channels, docs, taks, etc...) is quite powerful to work as a team. The interface is pretty easy to use and the service is being updated regularly with new features. Great software !

Pros

Neat interface, rich feature set, the concept of workspace

Cons

video calls limited to 7 participants per room

Yusuf
  • Industry: Program Development
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Wimi is among my preferences.

Reviewed on 2022/06/24

Pros

I try these kinds of apps a lot to find the most callers for my job, having a free trial is a big plus for me. Wimi offers you beautiful solutions with a great interface. It's really flexible.

Cons

It takes some getting used to at first, but this decreases as you use it.

Magali
  • Industry: Biotechnology

WIMI is an excellent collaborative platform

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

WIMI is really a convivial collaborative platform that proposes a lot of tools to increase productivity and facilitate collaborations.

Pros

easy to use, convivial, many useful tools

Cons

impossibility to forbid the deletion of document to some participants.

Baptiste
Baptiste

The ultimate all-in-one solution

Reviewed on 2016/03/14

We are a small marketing & branding agency, as we grew, we quickly faced the challenge of managing more SaaS tools than we could handle. We were looking for a solution that would integrate both task management and file management. Having experienced several SaaS tools in the past, we have to say we were very well surprised by Wimi. The ease of use is a great plus. Easily sharing files with customers is a relief.
Wimi is a hidden gem! Go for it!

Pros

Support and coaching provided by the Wimi team helped us get started in a few hours.

Marc
Marc

"wimly" the best

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

We are a team working in communication and events, most of the time as nomades, and with many interlocutors on different projects . We've been trying many solutions and clouds, but Wimi is far in advance in term of fonctions and services, and, what is the most important for us : security and good synchronisation. Among that, a design and useful interface, and a complete control panel. In short, if somebody know a better teamwork solution ?

Marie
Marie
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 2016/05/11

We are 12-people consulting company working on many projects with external consultants. Wimi is a great tool to share information while managing the access right of each person. We switched from Dropbox for that particular reason.

Pros

easy to install and to use. Awesome customer support.

Arnaud
Arnaud

WIMI as a pleasure

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

We started using Trello just 6 months ago, and even promoted it internally. Friendly and agile. But with limitations regarding use cases and the diverse needs on project !
So when we first use Wimi, we immedialtely saw the power of its friendly and dynamic interface. Every needs in terms of solutions within a project are met.
Wimi is really complete and allows us to put everything in a single solution !

Eugénie

I don't know what I woul do without it

Reviewed on 2016/05/22

I have a part-time job in France while studying in London. And, most of the time, when I have to send documents to my firm, they are too large to email. The team wasn't feeling comfortable with using dropox because of the security. So we downloaded WIMI and it is exactly what we needed.

Pros

ergonomic, easy-to-use, secure

Cons

A bit too many notifications

Benjamin
Benjamin
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Efficient Platform to Streamline Project Management

Reviewed on 2017/03/03

I have successfully implemented Wimi across my global organization and have seen increased scheduling efficiency, improved document collaboration, and decreased time required to complete projects.

I definitely think Wimi is a "game changer" for SME's.

Maud

Projects management

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

WIMI is very usefull for daily and overall projects management. We use WIMI solution for our collaboration with a key account, everybody i happy with it !

Eric
Eric

Reviewed on 2016/05/17

Tony

WIMI improved our performance

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

WIMI helped our (consulting) company achieving its mains goals of knowledge sharing, file capitalization and innovative client interaction. All of that with a pleasant interface and a perfect ergonomy.

Neil
Neil
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 2016/05/11

Dan G.

We love Wimi

Reviewed on 2013/12/16

We use Wimi since 6 months now and everybody really love it. The learning curve is really short and that made me push for Wimi inside our organization, where most people are software beginners!

Pros

All-in-one, user friendly