Microsoft To Do Reviews

Microsoft To Do

4,6 (2 869)
Daily planner app for to-do lists and task management

(2 869)

Angelo
Angelo
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Best app for handling all your tasks and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/03/14

Great experience overall I can track my daily/weekly/monthly tasks and it is synced across all my devices no matter the platform. I liked being able to setup notifications and reminders and able to check off as I did them or keep keep them going of not completed.

Pros

The software unlike others was easy to use and didn't have a bunch of stuff I didnt need and also I could have my students use it and they weren't confused asking me questions and they were up and running quickly and managing tasks.

Cons

I would say add more features or Integrations with other sites but that's also why it's good because it's simple and it just works!

Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Because I didnt have to waste time learning how to use everything it was self explanatory and I liked what it did.
Mario
Mario
  • Industry: Newspapers

Frees up the space in your head...

Reviewed on 2021/08/19

As I mentioned already, To Do allows me to create lists of tasks, a place to jot down ideas so I don't forget, etc. I suffer from ADHD and this program is really a life saver for me. I use it mostly on my phone but also integrate it with Outlook, my iPad and it alleviates that "I know I'm forgetting something" feeling

Pros

I've always been a list person. if I have to accomplish something, have an important meeting to prepare for and attend, etc. I can create a list of the steps needed to take in order to accomplish said task. To Do offers numerous ways of personalizing lists. You can create a Group of lists that are related in one way or another, add and delete lists from the group or create a list on it's own. You can coordinate it with your calendar and access and sync throughout all your devices and platforms.

it allows me the ability to create a list of things I need to do and sub lists needed to accomplish each step. once on the list, I can get it out of my head until I need to address it, freeing up the gray matter to focus on the task at hand. You also can set reminders for each task, schedule them in the future. It's also compatible with Get Things Done. You can also attach the files you need in order to accomplish things

Cons

The one thing that is extremely weak - and this goes for every Microsoft product - is their lack of customer support. First you need to exhaust all the AI options before you can actually address your issue with a real person who may not ever respond to you. And if or when they do, you wonder if they even read the complaint or problem you're experiencing. Truly frustrating experience

Paweł

A neat solution, though far from perfect

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Although it's quite an elegant solution overall (Microsoft has partnered with Wunderlist, so they must have seen something in it), it has a bit too many quirks and design flaws for my taste. All the basic functionality is there, the synchronization works seamlessly, and the app is visually appealing, but I wouldn't describe the whole experience with the interface as very smooth or extremely intuitive.

Pros

It's clean and simple, syncs quite well across devices (web interface and apps available, with widgets and even a browser add-on), and has some basic GTD functionality (though far from a complete solution).

Cons

Editing tasks is a bit of a nuisance because you have to double click on a task to access its data. Even editing a task name is a bit of a faff. Also, dragging tasks is not hassle-free, e.g. you have to grab the left edge of the task strip (which is not indicated visually except by a "hand" once you're actually hovering on the edge), but when you are in the Today list, although the hand appears as well, the tasks are not draggable for some reason (I struggled quite a lot with this, thinking this was a bug, but apparently it's by design - albeit very poor design, in my view).
What I also find very annoying is that when I type in a link in a task description, it is converted to an actual link that works only until you click it, after which (once the target url is opened) it becomes just text and you have to click in some blank area to make it clickable again.
It's all a bit inconsistent: you can drag tasks to other lists, but you can't drag a list to another folder; you have to right-click and "move to".
All in all, it doesn't make for a very smooth experience.

Lucas
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Microsoft To Do Makes Task Management Easy

Reviewed on 2023/12/18

Pros

Its simplicity means that it is great at the thing it does, which is being a to do list. There isn't too much noise, or loads of functionality that isn't needed. It's simple to use, and does it well.

Cons

Perhaps the UI could look a bit more modern.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Integration with existing Microsoft products, plus that it is just a to do list piece of software, which is what we needed.
Timothy
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

To Do or Not To Do

Reviewed on 2024/02/05

Very easy to use and setup. Tracking projects and my todo list are made easy and always remind me of what I forgot to complete. Nice that you can set deadlines as well for things to be done and get notifications. Ties into my other Microsoft products.

Pros

Easy to setup task and manage projects on the fly

Cons

not really any cons that come to mind that I can think of.

Martin
  • Industry: Automotive

Brilliant.

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

Pros

How easy it it to use and manage work loads day to day.

Cons

This app is just brilliant i cant fault it. Easy to use.

Efren

Easiest app to use

Reviewed on 2024/02/17

Pros

It is really easy to use, you can manage all your tasks and also keep a track on what tasks you have already done

Cons

I think that some times you could create the same task twice. There should be like an intellisense for your previous tasks

Susan
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Microsoft to do review

Reviewed on 2024/02/23

It was helpful but in the long run i realized that i cannot keep track of activities with a larger group of persons

Pros

Its easy to use
I can assign tasks to others with ease
In case the due dates for tasks are extended i can update accordingly

Cons

It is difficult to share comments on the interface with those assigned on tasks

Heidi
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use and helpful

Reviewed on 2024/02/15

Pros

I love that I can create lists and share them with others for collaboration.

Cons

Microsoft To Do is rather simplified, which can be both beneficial and not.

Tyler
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Like Having a Virtual Assistant

Reviewed on 2024/02/07

Pros

Very streamlined. User friendly. Tracking and reporting are above average and help keep me on track.

Cons

Nothing negative, some of the features I found to be excessive and not necessary, but that could be my preference.

Jeff

This App helps me stay organized and productive

Reviewed on 2023/07/14

Great Tool for sure!

Great Tool for sure!

Pros

Microsoft To Do is a must use tool for anyone who cares about their productivity and organization. I use to create tasks and set reminders to the tasks. Once I am done with a task, I am able to mark it as complete and the task is crossed off from my list.I also love the 'My Day' feature in Microsoft To Do. It helps me migrate tasks already in my list on to 'My Day' list so that I can focus on what need to be done on that specific day.I also love that I can access the app both on my laptop and phone. This is super convenient.The reminder functionality of Microsoft To Do helps me never forget my scheduled tasks at the correct time.Microsoft To Do has smart functionality feature that helps detect and automatically set due dates for tasks based on the task description. For example, if your task reads 'Buy Present for Mom tomorrow' the app automatically assigns tomorrow's date as the due date, saving you the extra task of having to allocate the due date for the task manually.

Cons

I wish Microsoft To Do would also integrate well with other Non-Microsoft apps. For Example I use Pomodoro app to track my tasks and I wish I could easily make Microsoft To Do work alongside Pomodoro app.

Mark
  • Industry: Utilities

Microsoft To-Do Used to Manage Work Assignments

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

I am using Microsoft To-Do to manage a department of interns that work for my company, all working from home at the moment, but initially working remotely from a combination of places, home, school, etc. This product makes it very easy to make assignments and to track what's going on with each. I can see at a glance what work is getting done, and who needs help. You can even make "sub-tasks" for larger tasks.

Pros

The ability to share and manage work lists with others across platforms. This is especially useful when working remotely or teleworking.

Cons

It isn't intuitive how to initially set up a share with others. You essentially have to blindly send out a "link" to others, like a blind drop. Once others get the link and join, everything seems more transparent and intuitive.

Todoist, Microsoft Project and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist was being phased out, so I was an early adopter of Microsoft To-Do

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

It was a more intuitive product, simpler interface, works across all platforms.
Joseph

Microsoft To Do is a Must Have Productivity App

Reviewed on 2022/01/26

I had used Wunderlist for a while before Microsoft acquired it and evolved it into Microsoft To Do. Initially, it was a bit of a disappointment, as many of the features that had made Wunderlist great were removed. Over time, however, the features have been reintroduced, but updated to work well with Office. I have ADHD and have tried many other task management apps, but Microsoft To Do is my must-have app. And did I mention that it's free?!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the tight integration with the Microsoft 365 ecosystem, as well as the ability to seamlessly use it across multiple platforms, devices, and operating systems.

Cons

Some versions allow for categories, but not all, which I would prefer. While this is certainly not a deal-breaker for me, it does leave me wishing that I could rely on setting categories to further organize and view my tasks across devices.

Anli

Microsoft To-Do Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

I can pull up my plan for the day regardless of where I am. This is assisting me with remaining coordinated.
I was cheerful that the mix with Outlook where a ton of To-Dos begin from would be consistent and assist me with being proficient.
Generally, my involvement in To-Do has been a decent encounter.

Pros

I enjoyed the combination with Microsoft Outlook undertakings and hailed email. Working in Outlook a ton of the day made it more effective to stamp messages as follow up things and see that in the To-Do application.
I like how simple this application is to utilize. It permits you to set undertakings and arrange them by due date and the errands that should be finished on a particular day.
It's exceptionally strong and has numerous highlights, however I appreciate the consistent experience of utilizing it on both my telephone and my PC.
I love Microsoft items and this is another victor. Exceptionally basic and causes me to feel like I can deal with my plans for the day easily. Furthermore, cool update highlights.
I utilize a PC at work and a Mac at home, however have discovered that To-Do is very simple to use across various working frameworks. It's absolutely a stage over the updates application on my telephone, and I value having the option to get to it (just as get notices and updates) across my numerous gadgets. I like having the option to rank undertakings by request of significance and the capacity to add extra parts like documents or update notes. In general, overly helpful and simple to utilize.

Cons

The To-Do app and work area (through Outlook app) isn't extremely easy to understand contrasted with other more current apps. I was confounded about "Undertakings" and "Tasks" and how those meant hailed messages and assignments. It likewise found a way an excessive number of ways to round out at new To-Do.
The absence of highlights is the greatest negative to this product. It comes up short on the usefulness to sort tasks.
Glitchy, here and there. Errands I complete tend to at times not synchronize to my telephone or PC, the other way around.

Jaime Valeriano

A Review about Microsoft To-Do in a Perspective of College University Student

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

My overall experience in Microsoft To-Do is that I am able to learn how to be an organized person. I am able to make my tasks in an effective and efficient way to the point that it is one of the bridge for me improving myself to be a responsible student. I must say that this is one of the tools that every student must have that will be really helpful for them to survive school especially in college.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is of course it is free and I am able to create different lists of to-do tasks which gives me the opportunity to classify my priorities to manage. Also, there are different pretty themes that I can choose which I usually make sure that will fit on my overall theme in my laptop itself. In addition, I am also able to put the icon in my taskbar for me not to forget to check my to-do lists in a daily basis. Lastly, my most favorite thing is that it can remind me of all of the tasks through alarm.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any about the what I like the least about this software but when I am going to put my shoes to other person. What I think what they like the least in Microsoft To-do is that they must have a Microsoft account for them to open it especially if they are getting pissed off with a lot of different email account to take care of. In fact, I know someone which is my friend for having an issue like this because of course in our gadgets, we do not have only Microsoft apps but also other apps such as google that will oblige us to create another account. However in this case, it actually doesn't bother me at all. Good thing I have Microsoft To-do that I can actually use to put all of my accounts username and password for me not to forget it.

• Industry: Insurance

The Smartest Daily Planner You'll Ever Use - Set yourself up for success with Microsoft To Do

Reviewed on 2022/06/04

The Microsoft to-do app is simple and easy to use. It has a clean, minimalistic design that allows you to get to the task at hand rather than be distracted by stargazing animations or an overabundance of interface elements. Bottom line: Microsoft To-Do is a solid task manager, but it faces stiff competition from Jorte and Todoist. Which one you use will likely depend on how deep your Microsoft Integration is, and what other features you're looking for in a task manager.

Pros

The app is designed to be a personal productivity companion so you can focus on what matters most. It helps you plan your day with the best features of any task manager, while keeping you up-to-date with what's happening now and what's coming soon. The app is simple and easy-to-use, with an elegant design that lets you focus on what matters. All your tasks are stored in one place so you can see them at a glance, set reminders so they're never missed, and add details like attachments and notes.

Cons

There are some missing features that would make this app even better — including the ability to sync across devices, integration with other services like Google Calendar and Dropbox, and more customisation options for when reminders are triggered - location-based reminders (e.g., "when I arrive at work" vs "when I arrive at home")

Ben
  • Industry: Entertainment

A decent to do list app with simple collaboration.

Reviewed on 2022/10/18

I came to Microsoft To Do from Wunderlist. I liked it better when it was Wunderlist, I feel like they handled little details better, and was just a better experience. Overall though, it's a pretty solid little to do app, they did a pretty good job of assimilating the Wunderlist functionality, while integrating with the Microsoft feel. The ease of use and simple layout of the interface is good. The collaboration features are nice, and we used it at home regularly for a running shopping list that my wife and I could add to as we needed things. It's nice to go to the store with the list, and her be able to add items to is as I am shopping. It worked well for a running list of things to do around the house as well. It was also helpful with work related items when we had a small team working on the same project and we could all see the things left to get done. The ability to star important items so you can mark tasks that are a higher priority. There's a few things they could improve on and overall just make it that much better. But if you're just needing a simple tasks manager or to do list app, this would be a solid choice.

Pros

it's easy to enter new to dos without a lot of frills and other features to get in your way or clutter the interface. The ability to star items to mark them as priority and keep them at the top of the list is nice. The simple and clean interface is nice and easy to use, and easy to navigate. I like that there isn't a ton of bloated features and items making it distracting to use. The groups feature is also nice, as it makes it easy to keep lists together and organized in different areas based on their context.

Cons

There were a few frustrating things for me when I used the app on a regular basis. I didn't like how it sorted completed tasks. It didn't have an option to sort it by the most recently completed task, so if you accidentally marked something completed and you had a long list of already completed items, (from say a running store list that you updated and reused over time), it was hopeless to find the item that you accidentally completed. That brings me to another frustrating point, on the iPhone app it was way to easy to accidentally mark a task completed while you were holding the phone in your hand. I would regularly hit the check box on accident with my finger just handling my phone. It would be nice if there was a way to keep it from moving it to the completed list until the end of day, or have the option to do it manually. This is the way I have Things 3 setup, so that when I am done checking off my list, I log them manually so that I can still see the things I"ve completed as I go, and then log them and hide them once I'm at a certain point.

• Industry: Graphic Design

A robust & useful task list app

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

Having used this app for the past handful of years, I've learned how to utilize many of the features available such as sharing tasks with colleagues and team members, create groups and folders to categorize lists based on work, personal, shopping lists, moves, and a ton of other uses. I have been able to install and sync my lists across all 4 of my devices (2 computers, phone & tablet) so I am always up to date. Tasks can have due dates and reminder dates & times, as well as subtasks which is very helpful when you have a project that has several steps. As each step is completed, it can be marked off and once the full project or phase is done, the parent task can be marked complete. I use this for every type of task from personal items, shopping, bills, client/work projects, follow-ups (there's a notes section to keep track of notes in one place for that task), and even recently, all the tasks for my move including packing, mover information, utilities set up and even family events. Being able to create folders, these tasks are much easier to track and schedule. Things are always getting updated so there are new features which get launched over the course of time so it's much ore robust today than when I first started working with it.

Cons

As awesome as the folders and groups/subtasks are, there can be times things may become a little disorganized. Or it feels that way. I sometimes have to number my individual tasks so I can make sure they're in the order I want since the options available joe for sorting is alphabetically or by due date. So numbering the j divisible tasks creates an alphabetized way to sort. A little bit of a pain short of sorting manually. But these are minor in comparison to the features you do get.

Alfio
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Excellent application for daily task management

Reviewed on 2023/09/05

good experience in using and managing tasks.

good experience in using and managing tasks.

Pros

To do is clearly easy to use, with a simple design that makes it easy to position the options; a sound reminder system for tasks, with the possibility of programming; a little sound to indicate when a task has been reached or completed, and also, strangely enough, a strong feeling of success that encourages you to carry out another task; a magnificent classification of tasks. and finally, the possibility of reanalyzing completed tasks. an application available on IOS and android.

Cons

there's nothing wrong with it so far; except for a proposal to improve the application on the part assigned to me. the idea would be to give the user who won't be doing the task any more the chance to make a comment; and to validate not done for such and such a reason.

Marina
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Great For Making To-Do Lists of Any Kind!

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

This is a great app if all you're really looking for is a fairly basic list-making software. I really enjoy using it for packing lists, shopping/grocery lists, and general to-do lists. But if you're looking for a more collaborative or robust project management software, this might not be the one for you.

Pros

Wunderlist makes it quick and easy to make lists of any kind. I like that you can easily switch between your different lists on the left hand side of the program, while managing the contents of those lists on the right hand side of the program (the majority of the screen is dedicated to this purpose). I also really appreciate that you can quickly churn out many list items in a row- all you have to do is press enter and you can immediately begin typing the next item, without having to click anything extra. This is a great time-saver. Also, if you click on any list item, the screen will split so that you can see/create additional information for that list item, including notes, due dates, reminders, and sub-items. This has really helped me stay organized. Wunderlist also has a really nice, clean design that's pleasant to work with. Another big plus: it's great at syncing across devices!

Cons

Wunderlist is great at what it does, but it's probably not as robust a task management softwares as some others that are out on the market. But considering it's free, that's not necessarily the worst thing. One thing that does occasionally bother me is that any list items that are checked off are removed from the list, rather than being crossed out, moved to the bottom, or dimmed. While this can be nice for some things (like grocery shopping), it's more frustrating for recurring/unchanging lists (like a general packing list) since it means you either have to keep re-making the list every time you need it, or fish the crossed off items out of the "completed" tab every time after you're finished with it.

Rhean
Rhean

Microsoft To-Do Review

Reviewed on 2021/07/24

To keep track of things I need to work on, I use Microsoft To do on all of my Windows PCs, my Android phone, and my iPad. It's a fantastic and simple method for me to keep track of the key tasks on my daily to-do list. My wife and I also use it to make joint shopping lists for household things, birthday cards/gifts that need to be picked up, bills that need to be paid, and so on. Unlike a calendar, which only serves as a reminder, this one allows us to check off each job as it is completed, so we always know where we are. Microsoft To Do is a fantastic tool for both business and personal usage. Give it a go!

Pros

In my line of work, I've always required tools that allow me to quickly build a list of pending assignments. Many programmed provide a plethora of alternatives that are ineffective and make completing a task a pain. I've found the answer with Microsoft To-Do. It offers the greatest user interface out of all of its competitors, which is what I like. Creating a task is really easy, and I can accomplish it in a matter of seconds with only a few clicks. Another aspect I appreciate is that it is incorporated into my computer's operating system, that it is readily connected into the notification system, and that I can immediately access it. Furthermore, Microsoft To-Do offers a smartphone app with the same high quality as the desktop version.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about this software. I could integrate integration with other platforms and maybe a new widget to make it more accessible. Aside from that, the app is excellent.

A Great Way to Manage All of Your Tasks for You and Your Team(s)

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

I've been using several different solutions for managing my tasks/projects/deadlines/to-do's for years. I've left Wunderlist only to find myself crawling back due to its ease of use features. It uses keyphrases and contextual clues to predict your tasks due dates or reminders and related contacts which reduces the time you spend making the task and more time to complete it/checking it off. I use it for my personal life as well as Team Projects and Project Management to keep track of all of our tasks in the company. It works very well for small businesses (1-20 employees) with simple tasks that do not require workflow and triggering.

Pros

-You can add anything from anywhere using email, typing out your tasks, or generating them from webpages/inbox etc.
-Easy to use Reminder System that is effective at keeping you up to date with what needs to be done and not easy to ignore or let anything slip through the cracks with push notifications.
-Smart Tasks allowing you to setup reminders, notifications, group members, tags, etc by simply using the correct words in your tasks and minimizing the time it takes to setup your tasks in general giving you more time to complete them!
-Team Collaboration & List Share Options
-Device Compatibility and Multi-Platform Apps
-Gmail Integration

Cons

-Inability to create projects or automated tasks directly within the app itself, however this can be achieved by using integrations with Zapier etc or using other tools to talk to Wunderlist and create the tasks for you.
-Can become bulky when you have a large number of tasks at one time or are managing a lot of projects or lists.
-Sometimes the smart task creation/tagging can get in the way when you want to write something simple and it tries to do something else for you.

Sam
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE APP

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

I’ve been using it since it was Wunderlist. Best app ever. This keeps my personal to do list, my business to do list, my wish list, shopping list, books I want to read (but won’t ever get around to actually reading), business ideas, writing ideas, silly crazy ideas, movies I want to see, my vehicle maintenance schedules, my goals, my dreams and everything in between.

As a side note I also use a simple but crazy-effective emoji system. I put an emoji in front of each to-do item. For example the hammer emoji means fix, a tree means outdoor project, a squid emoji means organization project, thread=sewing, car=car, computer=computer, etc. after that I put a number emoji which means how long I think that project will take. The app allows you to sort alphabetically so all the emojis are all grouped. When I have time, all I do is look at my to-do list and decide what kind of project I’m going to tackle and how much time I have. Then I get things done. Yes I was that really productive friend when the pandemic hit and we all got laid off. I was crushing it, getting things done, building stuff, staring side businesses. All with the help of Microsoft To-Do.

Pros

This is BY FAR my absolute FAVORITE app ever. This app is a direct extension of my brain. It keeps all my thoughts organized. It is a perfect holding place for all the crazy ideas and things I need to get done that pop up in my brain. I can easily dump them here and then focus on what I need to. I’ve been using this for years back when it was Wunderlist.

Cons

Nothing. It is a perfect app. I can’t say enough good things about it. I love it and use it every day.

Sakshi

Task management tool

Reviewed on 2022/10/29

Overall a great tool.Microsoft-to-do is best managing tool, I can easily manage all my work throughout the day, Microsoft-to-do helps me to deliver task on time and it helps me being punctual. I am using Microsoft-to-do for my personal as well as professional tasks to complete. Earlier for my office work I used to create task list on notepad or notepad++ and from there it was difficult to track the progress but now it's easy. Also sometimes I forgot to send an email or to check the email or calling someone but with the help of Microsoft-to-do now I can set a reminder and able to complete easy and every task on time. Also it allows to create a task/subtask list and share it to other which I like the most because now I can share the tasks easily with my team members. I would recommend this tool to everyone so that managing task/time become easy.

Pros

My favourite thing about Microsoft to do is it can be use on mobile as well as on laptop. Easy to use and it's user interface is awesome. Microsoft-to-do allows users to manage tasks,assign tasks and prioritise task according to urgency/importance of task. Also user can add reminder for a task so there is no need to check deadline again and again and can complete task on time.

Cons

Microsoft-to-do does not allow users to set start and end date of a task which I felt important, also it doesn't provide inbuilt calendar view so we need to use Microsoft calendar app to fullfill the need. That's the only problem which I faced till now, else everything is good.

Ranjit

Excellent To Do list application for daily use

Reviewed on 2022/09/04

Overall I am satisfied with Microsoft To-Do software. Except for a few improvements, it is still a great app. I use Microsoft To-Do on daily basis. I am eagerly awaiting and excited about the new upcoming features that Microsoft is going to add to the To-Do app in the future. I keep reading Microsoft blogs and I am happy to know that Microsoft is working on feature requests suggested by users as feedback.

Pros

I use Microsoft To-Do on daily basis. I like the simple list feature which is clean and sophisticated. It provides an easy way for the user to quickly add new tasks to the lists. I also like the unique feature "Add to my day" feature to highlight important tasks. The reminders in Microsoft To-Do are just too good. Due to on-time reminders, I could finish my work on time without missing any deadline. Overall, It is good GTD (getting things done) software.

Cons

It's simple and feature-rich software however it cannot be used for complex task management. Microsoft has been developing software for years but still, they haven't provided any advanced features in Microsoft To Do. The other thing I did not like is that there is no subtask feature and because of this I could not break the single task into smaller sub-tasks. Also, there is not enough space given to add task descriptions which I think is a major drawback because I like to add notes to the tasks while completing my tasks.