Wade E.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I am the Operations Supervisor for a small power plant. We do not have a dedicated HR group. I am tasked with recruiting, reviewing resumes, pre-employment testing, interviewing, hiring, and pre-employment requirements. This is in addition to all my other duties that actual pertain to keeping the plant running and working with the 28 people in my Operations Department. HireSelect has been a huge time saver for me. I have hired 13 Operators in the past 4 years. To hire 13 Operators we went through over 100 candidates. The customer service and assistance has been great from day one. The customer service department is always available to answer any questions or explain how a feature works. There are several other features I like about HireSelect. I have recommended HireSelect to several people in a similar position as mine. They have tried the free trial and they also see the benefits of using HireSelect.

Pros

The software provides access to several tests that provide an insight into a candidates personality, thoughts, and knowledge. HireSelect also is a convenient way to sort and store a large amount of data as it relates to potential candidates.

Cons

As the software recently went through an overhaul, I have not had enough time to dedicate to learning all the new features included in the update. The core of the program is still the same just the formatting and organizing have been modified. So far the new features I have used are better than the old program.

Sharon K.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Quick and Easy

Reviewed on 2021/01/18

With HireSelect we use the pre hire testing more than any other feature. We set a baseline with our current staff and were astounded at how well it read those staff that we quickly implemented. The results have been spot on which keeps us renewing this service every year.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. When I need to figure out how to do something new it takes not time at all but possibly their customer service even tops this. The easy scheduling system they have to reach out for someone to help is amazing and put the options in your hands.

Cons

Being a SAAS there were some hurdles to jump through with our purchasing department but more likely that is on our outdated requirements. The latest update was significant and hope to see more feature in the near future.

John S.

How to take the sting out of recruiting!

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

HireSelect keeps improving by giving employers a better way to drill down on an applicant's potential value for employers.

Pros

When hiring for different positions, you need applicants with varying skills. HireSelect provides a way to test applicants on their aptitude for whatever job you need to fill. By using these services, you can be far more productive in selecting applicants to interview based on their knowledge, aptitude, and fit for your organization. HireSelect is a time saver on steroids!

Cons

There is nothing to not like and profit from by using HireSelect! If you hit a snag, their support services are among the best I've encountered with any vendor.

Madelin W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

HireSelect helps me screen and find the best applicants to hire.

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

The typing test and computer proficiency test helps me weed out unqualified candidates quickly and easily. I can also evaluate aptitude with the Criteria Cognitive Test, and I can see a correlation between that score and quality of work.

Pros

The variety of assessments help me choose the best fit for each position. I can evaluate a number of different levels, aptitude, personality, or specific skills.

Cons

If I wanted to integate the results with my ATS, I would need to upgrade to a fancier package. Now, the price is cheap for the service, but I don't know why I would have to upgrade just for an integration.

Shena S.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Enjoying the information and the additional support in our screening process

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I love the price, I love the product, I love the information. My executive team also really enjoys this product which is a huge win. I will absolutely remain a HireSelect customer.

Pros

I like all of the additional information given outside of the numerical scores the most. It allows me to make the most informed choice rather than simply going off the summary score.

Cons

I do not enjoy the integration with Jazz HR that much. I automate a lot of the routine steps so that I can spend the most time on the phone or communicating with the candidate. Since I automate the use of Hire Select Assessments, it only sends out the link, and therefore, does not automatically attach finished assessments to my candidates' profiles. I have to prioritize manually uploading my candidates' results via email.

Dania B.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Highly Valuable Tool for Recruiting Efforts

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

We are a small tech company and needed a fairly broad tool we could use to support our recruiting efforts. We like HireSelect for the ease of use and the breadth of job titles it supports. We feel like the cost supports the value it brings to our hiring managers, that use this testing as an input into the overall recruiting and selection process.

Pros

I love that I can search for a job title and it recommends test banks to use, which saves us time. It is intuitive to use, especially nice for hiring managers that aren't in it all the time.

Cons

We are investigating the use of it in our UK and Australia offices. Hopefully HireSelect can support our global team.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

HireSelect Goes Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

The algorithm for our hiring has improved over time, thanks to an annual correlation study conducted in conjunction with HireSelect. Utilizing HireSelect test results in tandem with our company's internal employment metrics like turnover, attendance and work performance, we have changed our testing requirements to achieve better quality and longer-tenured candidates.

Pros

The customer support for HireSelect is excellent. I can always count on my account representative to handle everything we need in a timely and professional manner.

Cons

The new layout takes a little time to get used to but has improved significantly over time.

Janet F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Software to Help in the Hiring Process

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Very positive. From the beginning, I have found the support personnel to be easily accessible and willing to work through any questions that I have. They are a fountain of knowledge and I enjoy working with them. The software offers me another "tool in my toolkit" when working with my clients to help them be their best.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has a wide range of reports that can assist when making hiring decisions. I have also used it with current employees when working to assess a team and especially with the new format for the Employee Personality Profile, it provides an easy way to give feedback and insight to the team members.

Cons

There are a couple of tests that are not my favorites to use, especially when using them with current employees but that is not a huge issue.

Neema G.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Does the job

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

The Company has a great and flexible support system

Pros

Allows you to make better hiring decisions with minimum work from the staff

Cons

This is really great, I cannot think about anything I do not like about this system

Marc W.

Outstanding hiring tool!

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

Pros

I am a huge fan of HireSelect's assessment. It is rock solid and they are outstanding.

Cons

Really no downsides. It's reasonably priced for the value.

Rick M.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Easiest Way to Peer Behind the Curtain

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Pros

The available assessments provide critical insight into candidates' mental abilities, personality and technical skills.

Cons

I would like to see some additional options on job/personality matches.

Sonia M.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Hiring made easier

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

It helps you weed out the top candidates from the no so good ones.

Cons

That does not have a our industry job position in the general database, I had to cross reference from other positions.

Leandro M.

Excellent tool to find the best talent

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

The analytics tools and the reports are state-of-the-art. It leverages the hiring process and help managers to find the right talents, with great reports based on right assessments.

Cons

There are templates to design the right list of assessments for a job opportunity, which can be improved with more options of jobs.

Wade E.
  • Industry: Utilities

Valuable Tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Being a smaller company with less than 100 people, we no loner have a corporate HR since leaving Edison International. As the Operations Supervisor, I needed a tool to help manage the flow of job applicants and potential candidates for employment. By using the supplied aptitude, personality, knowledge, and basic skills tests provided by HireSelect we are able to reduce the number of interviews which are very time consuming on me and my staff. The HireSelect program is easy to use, easy to customize for different jobs and departments we are staffing. Also, we have started using the Test Creator feature to measure our employees on their knowledge gained about our plant systems. There are many more features that I use regularly to track candidates through the hiring pipeline.

For the price, HireSelect is by far the most valuable tool in out HR toolbox.

Pros

The HireSelect software allows an easy way to compare candidates to a standard as well as to each other.

Cons

I have not experienced any negative aspects of HireSelect by Criteria Corp.

Holly H.

Great features at a great price

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

I have had an excellent experience with HireSelect. They train you on how to use and get the most out of the platform. Our account rep., [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in regularly to see if we have any questions or concerns. HireSelect has immensely improved the organization and efficiency of our onboarding process.

Pros

The most useful feature for my organization is being able to track applicants through the hiring process and customize the pipelines to meet our specific needs.

Cons

No complaints really. It does what we need.

Kacey C.

Great Service

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Very easy to use and able to provide information on a lot of our candidates we wouldn't be able to get during an interview. Some of the assessments even help you determine areas of strengths and weaknesses of a candidate and where to focus your questions for interview.

Pros

They have great customer service from start to finish. There was always a clear representative throughout sales and I was passed on to an account manager who handled our training and any question we had. It makes things easy. I also love how the sales rep and then account manager always have contact information on the site so you can always reach out easily with questions. They are always helpful when you reach out.

Cons

We are a healthcare company and some of the assessments are not as specific to out positions, but there is the capability to add your own assessments. The account manager did try to help us find assessments that fit our needs.

Marie M.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

With Hireselect we were able to recruit candidates that would work well in our work environment and culture. This has helped our turnover rate go from 75% to 25% in one year. We found a way to use the pre-screening tests to help us select candidates who have excellent work ethic and are eager to grow with the company. We ended up testing our entire staff to come up with a baseline to use for our hiring process. It worked out well and for the first time in 10 years, we have been able to retain employees for more that 2 years at a time. This was a major development for us.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to manage as an administrator.

Cons

Not easily integrated or have the ability to customized some features.

Matthew S.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

My two sense

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

It is a great way to screen people in order to see if we want to take them to the next level in the hiring process. We have learned a lot about the tests from all the applicants and from having our really good loyal employees take the test and then were able to see things that stand out and help our hiring process or Lean it out a bit.

Pros

Simplistic and ask many questions rather than just a few.

Cons

I do not like how on the EPP test in the results it says no position selected. It would be nice to see maybe how long it was taking an applicant to answer question or do the entire test to see if they are just not reading and putting zero thought into their answers or if they are diligently reading and putting thought into each question asked. I think this would help decide if an employee is rushing or is able to take their time, care and answer to the best of their ability. Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger.

Jim H.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Added Value

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

Good people, good product, good support. No complaints!

Pros

We use 3 of the testing modules for every applicant (specific positions) that we gain interest in, after our initial screenings. The results are easy to review and digest, which gives us an added tool to help in our selection process.

Cons

Honestly, I have zero complaints or suggestions here.

Christina D.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great tool in the hiring process

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

The people I've dealt with have all been very helpful and responsive. The site was easy to use and helped save us time and money in our hiring process.

Pros

Using the testing online has helped us to narrow the selection pool of candidates and saved us valuable time that would have been wasted on interviewing less qualified candidates.

Cons

The new upgrades are more complex in my opinion and have more than I need, so makes the site seem more tedious to navigate. The old site was easy and straight forward.

Adriana L.

Never hire again without using HireSelect

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

Great company, amazing assessment tools and outstanding customer support.

Pros

HireSelect offers several assessments to measure cognitive abilities and personality traits.

Cons

I love HireSelect, I have absolutely no negative feedback.

Jerikka H.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Customer service is exceptional.

Pros

The ease of connecting the application to the tests and being able to track applicants within the system.

Cons

I really enjoy using the software. The new setup is a little different but not bad.

Kate W.
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great tool for the recruiting process

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

I like that I can customize test results analysis based on predetermined baselines. I also like the comparison tools available for looking at multiple candidates.

Cons

The new format is not as user-friendly. It's not easy to find things.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product with great support staff

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

The ease of use and the support team. Everyone has been wonderful.

Cons

Wish there were more skill based tests (Excel)

Charles C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Necessary preliminary screening tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Good

Pros

Helps to streamline hiring skill set and mark strengths and weaknesses

Cons

Little difficult to interpret at times.