HireSelect Reviews

4.7/5 (43 reviews)
Lindsey B.

Promoter

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros

HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons

They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

Wade E.

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I am the Operations Supervisor for a small power plant. We do not have a dedicated HR group. I am tasked with recruiting, reviewing resumes, pre-employment testing, interviewing, hiring, and pre-employment requirements. This is in addition to all my other duties that actual pertain to keeping the plant running and working with the 28 people in my Operations Department. HireSelect has been a huge time saver for me. I have hired 13 Operators in the past 4 years. To hire 13 Operators we went through over 100 candidates. The customer service and assistance has been great from day one. The customer service department is always available to answer any questions or explain how a feature works. There are several other features I like about HireSelect. I have recommended HireSelect to several people in a similar position as mine. They have tried the free trial and they also see the benefits of using HireSelect.

Pros

The software provides access to several tests that provide an insight into a candidates personality, thoughts, and knowledge. HireSelect also is a convenient way to sort and store a large amount of data as it relates to potential candidates.

Cons

As the software recently went through an overhaul, I have not had enough time to dedicate to learning all the new features included in the update. The core of the program is still the same just the formatting and organizing have been modified. So far the new features I have used are better than the old program.

Matthew S.

My two sense

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

It is a great way to screen people in order to see if we want to take them to the next level in the hiring process. We have learned a lot about the tests from all the applicants and from having our really good loyal employees take the test and then were able to see things that stand out and help our hiring process or Lean it out a bit.

Pros

Simplistic and ask many questions rather than just a few.

Cons

I do not like how on the EPP test in the results it says no position selected. It would be nice to see maybe how long it was taking an applicant to answer question or do the entire test to see if they are just not reading and putting zero thought into their answers or if they are diligently reading and putting thought into each question asked. I think this would help decide if an employee is rushing or is able to take their time, care and answer to the best of their ability. Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger.

John c S.

HireSelect is my Recruiting Partner

Excellent!

Pros

HireSelect saves me and my staff a lot of time dedicated to the recruiting process. We select the tests that are most germane to our needs and the scores rendered on those test allow us to pinpoint those applicants that are most likely to do well in our industry and environment.

Cons

So far, and we're into several years of use of this software, we have nothing to complain about. We feel very comfortable in recommending this service.

Desiree N.

Love HireSelect and their Staff

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Perfect. Our rep has always gone above and beyond and is always accessible for questions or concerns as they arise. Same for the tech team.

Pros

I love the fact that I can email the clerical test to a candidate and not be worried about space for someone in the office taking the exam.

Cons

Personally, I liked the functionality of the software before the last update. It's still a wonderful product however, we just have to do things a little differently.

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

Using HireSelect has really helped us in identifying quality candidates for our organization. The newest update was a little confusing at first but after talking to our account manager it's actually a lot more user-friendly once you know where to go.

Cons

There's not a lot that I don't like about the software. LIke I mentioned before, the update was very confusing at first but our account manager walked us through.

Donna S.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

HireSelect has improved our Talent Acquisition process by helping us make better candidate selections. Through employee personality profile scores, and by matching candidate competencies against benchmarks, we are finding candidates who are proving to be better fits for certain jobs, which is also leading to increased employee retention.

Pros

I like that I can create my own battery of assessments, based on each specific job description. I also like how quickly I can access the results, can compare candidates' assessments, and can review individual competencies.

Cons

On the Employee Personality Profile, I wish there were a few more benchmarked positions to choose from.

Madelin W.

HireSelect helps me screen and find the best applicants to hire.

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

The typing test and computer proficiency test helps me weed out unqualified candidates quickly and easily. I can also evaluate aptitude with the Criteria Cognitive Test, and I can see a correlation between that score and quality of work.

Pros

The variety of assessments help me choose the best fit for each position. I can evaluate a number of different levels, aptitude, personality, or specific skills.

Cons

If I wanted to integate the results with my ATS, I would need to upgrade to a fancier package. Now, the price is cheap for the service, but I don't know why I would have to upgrade just for an integration.

Todd A.

Great Stuff!!!

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Pros

Ease of use and great content. We use this faithfully and has been a great tool with our hiring process.

Cons

When they performed the recent upgrade, it took some getting use to but still managed.

Wade R.

Convenience and Flexibility

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

The ability to create your own test batteries.
The scheduling with potential candidates.
The flexibility of the software, just a link to send to a candidate and youre good!

Cons

The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be. I wanted to integrate with my ATS but it doesn't seem to be available as yet.

Andrew W.

HireSelect Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

John has been great, very responsive!

Pros

Very easy to use and extremely helpful in our recruiting efforts!

Cons

Not a lot to say here, but there are a couple of features that I would like to see:
1. Did the user take the assessment on a mobile device?
2. Did the user have connectivity issues while taking the device?

David D.

Take hiring to the next level

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Customer service has been fantastic, ready to help or explain at a moments notice (Support team is fantastic). The results are fairly easy to get used to and measure. I like that we can create acceptable result levels and compare online.

Pros

Scientifically backed results that really do level the playing field for candidates (and existing employees) when trying to put the right person in the right seat. Paired with a solid interview process and testing abilities, the cognitive and personality profile tests have been invaluable to make the final decisions in hiring.

Cons

Unless hiring a large number of people, the per test cost is a bit high. Also seem to be sharing costs with services and technology that I am not using.

Great experience working with Criteria

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Criteria has enabled our company to hire more skilled representatives than we ever have before. We have candidates take our online testing and we have minimum pass grade that must be met before you move on in the interview process.

Pros

Our customer support representative was extremely helpful in the set up and customization of our testing, we had the opportunity to build testing specific to hiring our Call Center Representatives. We customized our testing for the specific areas that our hiring managers were looking for. Many of the test on the market are to generic for the work our Representatives do.

Cons

Any issues or complaints were easy worked around.

Christina D.

Great tool in the hiring process

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

The people I've dealt with have all been very helpful and responsive. The site was easy to use and helped save us time and money in our hiring process.

Pros

Using the testing online has helped us to narrow the selection pool of candidates and saved us valuable time that would have been wasted on interviewing less qualified candidates.

Cons

The new upgrades are more complex in my opinion and have more than I need, so makes the site seem more tedious to navigate. The old site was easy and straight forward.

Adriana L.

Never hire again without using HireSelect

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

Great company, amazing assessment tools and outstanding customer support.

Pros

HireSelect offers several assessments to measure cognitive abilities and personality traits.

Cons

I love HireSelect, I have absolutely no negative feedback.

Chris M.

HireSelect Goes Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

The algorithm for our hiring has improved over time, thanks to an annual correlation study conducted in conjunction with HireSelect. Utilizing HireSelect test results in tandem with our company's internal employment metrics like turnover, attendance and work performance, we have changed our testing requirements to achieve better quality and longer-tenured candidates.

Pros

The customer support for HireSelect is excellent. I can always count on my account representative to handle everything we need in a timely and professional manner.

Cons

The new layout takes a little time to get used to but has improved significantly over time.

Amy L.

A partner for us in hiring

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Absolutely happy that I have this product to help me with my hiring.

Pros

I have been using HireSelect for just over a year now. It has been a great tool for me to use in weeding through the multitude of resumes. I have had success in finding great candidates that I otherwise may have passed over because their assessment tests fit the criteria for hiring.

Cons

They recently changed the platform. I am having some issues with using it, but my customer support person, Jessica, has been amazing helping me through it.

Jerikka H.

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Customer service is exceptional.

Pros

The ease of connecting the application to the tests and being able to track applicants within the system.

Cons

I really enjoy using the software. The new setup is a little different but not bad.

Christy B.

CNB 9/2018

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

Being able to copy link and e-mail it.
The results are in a format that is very helpful and gives us a real picture of the applicant.

Cons

Creating reports needs to be made easier. I liked the way before this update that you could export results to an Excel spreadsheet.
It would be helpful to see the applicants assessments and answers.
When looking at jobs and there are more than one listed (ex. Teller) knowing how to combine them together would be helpful.
Knowing which part of an assessment is timed.
This new update seems more timely than the last one.

7.0/10
Kate W.

Great tool for the recruiting process

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

I like that I can customize test results analysis based on predetermined baselines. I also like the comparison tools available for looking at multiple candidates.

Cons

The new format is not as user-friendly. It's not easy to find things.

Great product with great support staff

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

The ease of use and the support team. Everyone has been wonderful.

Cons

Wish there were more skill based tests (Excel)

Charles C.

Necessary preliminary screening tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Good

Pros

Helps to streamline hiring skill set and mark strengths and weaknesses

Cons

Little difficult to interpret at times.

James D.

HIRESELECT - ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS

Reviewed on 2015/06/05

HireSelect gives us great information on candidates and their capabilities. By using their tests we’ve been able to streamline the hiring process and reduce time wasted on unproductive interviews. HireSelect overall has also increased the quality of our hires. One of our best new hires was someone who might not otherwise have stood out except for her sensational test scores. As a result we now hire with more confidence and invest our resources on candidates that are better long term hires.

Pros

Easy to use - fantastic user interface.
Really helps give a different perspective when evaluating potential new hires.
I'm sure this has saved our company $ks by making sure that we hire the right person first time!

Cons

No cons really, it does everything I want.

Nick G.

Outstanding Pre-employment Testing Platform!

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Our company has struggled with turnover in the recent years and HireSelect has provided another data point that is useful in analyze the candidates who apply.

Pros

The tests that HireSelect provides are unparalleled. They are very relevant to many different industries and the feedback is so helpful during the selection and interview process.

Cons

Not much to say in this section, the software has been exceptional.

Neema G.

Does the job

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

The Company has a great and flexible support system

Pros

Allows you to make better hiring decisions with minimum work from the staff

Cons

This is really great, I cannot think about anything I do not like about this system