Bright Pattern Reviews

Bright Pattern

Omnichannel cloud call center software

4.8/5 (76 reviews)
Derek G.

Bright Pattern is an innovative and easy to use omnichannel contact center software

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Overall I am very pleased with the platform and software.

Currently migrating away from using multiple platforms to manage our contact center channels. Primarily with email and chat. This is giving us one place for agents to turn to support their customers. No more logging into multiple systems and having multiple screens up for agents to manage. The ease of implementation for chat has enabled us to quickly build and turn chat on for our customer facing sites in less than a day. We are benefiting from running Bright Pattern as a hosted solution and no longer managing the amount of infrastructure we had to in the past.

My best advice is to read the resource documentation and find a training course that will launch you into rapid development and deployment. Bright Pattern can implement your platform very quickly but then you will need to start building. A training event is the quickest way to get started. I have personally been able to build a light weight call center in a day, a medium size call center in a week, and a large call center with integrations and IVR in a few weeks.

Pros

I have been using this software for several years now and each release continues to add value to the platform. I have implemented Bright Pattern for multiple contact centers including those using contracted BPO call centers. The platform is easy to use and simple to train others to use. This includes the call flow (scenario) development interface. It is all web based so no special tools or software is required to start a build. I have call center managers at multiple sites that are capable of managing their own development without the assistance of their IT departments. The omnichannel options are great. Inbound voice, web chat, sms chat, and email are easy to use and implement quickly. Outbound voice and marketing campaigns are a little more invasive in their setup but still easy to configure. I think the Inbound web chat is one of my favorite channels. One code snippit embedded in our website and the call center manager can customize and edit the look and feel from within the platform without the need of IT support or a web developer. Wallboards are another great feature addition to the platform. This has given my users the ability to build custom dashboards that can be presented to not only management/supervisors but to all the agents as well. The platform is a stable, the development is easy, and my teams love using it.

Cons

I don't have too many dislikes about Bright Pattern as a contact center solution. I do have some enhancements that I think could be added to further improve the functionality. I would like to see some sort of scenario flow for inbound email to customize and build a screen pop. I feel like this functionality in inbound chat and voice flows is powerful and I would like that same capability with handling emails. I would also like to see the built in knowledge base tool expanded to support both email and chat and allow for auto file attachments to emails and chat responses. This would improve an agents handling time for each customer interaction.

Kc R.

Bright Pattern - Advanced Contact Centers made simple

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

Bright Pattern is a company worth investing in! We run a BPO of 150 agents collecting accurate data for market research and polling. We were on an archaic free source telephony system with some built on features that we were overpaying for. No we have a robust system for almost the same cost and we don't have to employ a developer to maintain a simple dialer. We've stepped into the future of contact centers.

Pros

It is an extremely robust, while easy to use software.
It can handle massive telephony centers with ease while maintaining competitive telco charges.
There is an excellent in hours customer support center that has gone to bat for us time and time again.
The scenario builder will allow anyone with a basic knowledge of telephony to easily program any time of campaign.
Their Development team is consistently looking to improve their software and will often reach-out/receive feedback on what features should be brought in.

Cons

Pricey. One of the big hang ups we have with Bright pattern is that were not quite to a place where Omi-channel telephony can be fully utilized and so I feel that I pay for my features/channels I do not use
Some features are rather rudimentary like the built in QA software, or auxiliary state controls
After hours support feels redundant and doesn't seem to reduce wait times on urgent tickets
Carrier Trouble ticket reporting can be hairy

William A.

I use Bright Pattern as an outbound telephone and SMS platform. They have been very helpful!

Reviewed on 2017/08/05

Significant increase in contact rate, ease of user experience.

Pros

I love the omnichannel support. I was able to design an outbound dialing program that incorporates telephone calls, automated voicemails, SMS messaging, and email. This approach took my contact rate from ~35% to 61% last month! I could have have accomplished this with out the creativity and expertise of the support staff, they are very knowledgeable about their product and very willing to help with solutions.

Cons

It seems to be better designed for a small number of large dialing campaigns as opposed to a large number of small campaigns, but this is likely an issue across predictive dialing platforms. When I am testing new campaigns that only send 100 or so leads each day, it is often more beneficial to manually dial them in 'Preview' mode rather than set up dialing rules and unique campaigns because having one or two agents assigned to several small campaigns often makes the dialer "choke" for lack of a better word. I have also had some integration issues with our CRM, but again I do not believe that 100% (or any percent, to be honest) a reflection of Bright Pattern as much as it is on our CRM software.

Roger M.

Bright Pattern

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

Trusource Labs is third-party contact center outsourcing company. As such, we are exposed to a number of different cloud contact center and ACD solutions. Our experience with Brightpattern has been great. We have been using Brightpattern for about two-and-a-half years now. During that time there have been a steady release of updates and improvements. Brightpattern is very receptive to customer requests and enhancements. We mostly use the voice capabilities, however we also use chat/SMS and have currently started working on integration with a mobile app. We have integrated Brightpattern with Salesforce and Zendesk. Zendesk integration was pretty seamless. The integration allows us to make routing decisions based on customer information stored in Zendesk, further customizing the interaction flow. In the end, not everything goes as planned. Questions, as well as problems have come up, and the knowledgeable support staff has always been very responsive in answering questions and resolving problems.

Pros

Flexible and powerful.

Cons

Custom reporting is a little difficult, however this is being addressed in a coming release.

Allan Y.

We've tried many other cloud-based contact center solutions. Only Bright Pattern could scale with us

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

As a company that serves tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of senior citizens, our customers want to talk to us via phone. Our customers do not use email, social media, nor other digital communications channels. Our technology team evaluated and even ran live with several other cloud-based contact center solutions and nothing was able to scale and maintain voice quality except for Bright Pattern. Most of the other cloud-based contact center solutions were able to handle our volume when we only had a few agents. But once we started to grow our volume and hiring of agents exponentially, only Bright Pattern proved robust enough to scale.

Pros

The robustness of the underlying technology to withstand exponential growth.

Cons

The User Interface could use a design upgrade.

The most seamless omnichannel cloud contact center

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

We wanted a modular omnichannel solution to engage our customers across most of the digital channels plus voice and be able to track the interactions across all channels.

Pros

After evaluating all the known solutions from the big boys - we found the Bright Pattern solution to be the most innovative and disruptive solution. Pretty much everything and all feature we wanted is out-of-the-box. And where we needed to integrate the IVR and the other workflows with our CRM, the open API's and pre-built integrations made the task super easy and seamless. The web based admin portal with drag and drop functionality is unparalleled and really makes it easier to configure manage the contact center within minutes and removing the complexity that you see in traditional platforms. Overall - a full featured contact center platform, capable of competing with the industry leaders, yet far more simpler and easier to use. Implementation and migration was a breeze - far less effort than what we had expected.

Cons

Perhaps improve on the UC aspects of the platform.

Hiroshi S.

THE BEST and ONLY ONE TURE OMUNICHANNEL SOLUTION!

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

Installation is very easy and easy to set up without any stress. System is very stable too.

Pros

Scenario builder and Omunichannel capability are wonderful. I also like SNS integration including LINE, AI Watson integration and Proactive Chat. This is a ALL IN ONE solution with APIs which can give me freedoms to integrate other softwares easily. Voice, SNS, Chat, Video, CRM, SMS, AI and ticketing system are all connected and integrated nicely so that a call center agent can easily use without any stress. I believe that this software is the ONLY ONE TRUE OMUNICHANNEL platform and Bright Pattern is very quick in integrating their software with other third party softwares. And because of that, the software is always NEW AND UPDATED. This is also one of the reasons why I like this software. Their support team is very nice and they are very quick to respond to any of our inquiries in a kind manner.

Cons

Pricing is not very low but reasonable because of their sophisticated omunichannel functionalities and wonderful customer support.

Great for the Start-up and MidSize Company

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

Remote Cloud based system, requires an online download for the compatibility of the software to your desktop. Allows for call outcome and dispositions to be added, edited. Has user directory, can take notes on the caller. Can while on the call stop recording, saves the users daily call log. Allows for users calling inbound to be placed on a callback list which the system will generate a callback when the call volume decreases in the queue. The system is easy to use has mute functions on the screen if you do not have capabilities on your headset. Has caller ID for those callers in the system. Allows for transfers and holds. Employees get their own designated extensions for each campagin. Allows for campaigns to be set-up.

Cons

The call log would be more effective if users could independently run stat comparisons or if it tallied for the user key information such as average call time, average hold time, average daily calls taken, and percentages of which disposition is used. Because call centers are so competitive and this information is monitored for employee performance. allowing employees to be accountable on their own for improvement wiill benefit the agent and company for better productivity due to agent awareness. Having the ability to pull up a call and see what you dispositioned it as would be useful as this is a function of FIVE9 that was very useful for agents to recall the call outcomes. It would be nice to hear a warning beep a minute before the next phone call comes in and 2 beeps 30 seconds before your next call comes in so agents are not still typing notes in the CRM and a call comes. Customers would complain that they would leave a number for a callback to be called back and placed on hold again, or not be called back at all. Need a feature for automatic call recording to be optional and when a user accepts an inter-office call it asks both users do you want the call recorded if both users do not say yes it does not record. I would get kicked out the system and it shows me as not ready but I would be on an active call but with no ability to disposition the call nor was it showing I was on a call which hurt my agent performance for calls not being dispositioned. Calls that are not dispositioned due to software failure, data connection etc. or being lost should somehow indicate rather than not dispositioned something like "network failure" so administrators do not think agents are simply not dispositioning call outcomes. Maybe possibly creating an integration with CRM software which when caller ID has identified the caller it can pull the account up in the CRM and calls which have not been dispositioned when a new call is taken the softphone will copy the major account changes to the call and for disposition it says OTHER-and action in the CRM such as refund, cancellation, no changes. If a user fails to log out of BrightPattern the next day when the system opens that user wiill have calls routed to them. Maybe having a feature which specifies times a user gets phone calls. to end or begin or both. This was a challenge when a user has a password on their keyboard and mgmt is not there and you can not sign in to the computer to log them out from taking phone calls. Or having a feature after 8 hours of no phone calls the phone will automatically go into sleep mode and not accept phone calls. Needs the ability to tell you which campaign a person is calling into, showing the phone number the person actually dialed.

7.0/10
Michelle F.

Great service and awesome call quality

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Freedom to work from a remote location

Pros

Easy to use, great call quality. Nice to work from pretty much anywhere. also nice to have the handy help tool with preloaded email address.

Cons

When you are on a call, break, lunch or otherwise set away/not available for calls it would be nice if calls went directly to VM. Also when you are on lunch and break when someone calls the timer resets. The call box is small so when you are looking for a phone number in the directory s it can take awhile. This is secondary but it would be great it he ring ring was different for like a group message or if someone is sending something directly to you on the phone.

Brian F.

Powerful, Flexible, and True SaaS

Reviewed on 2017/02/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

First, the Brightpattern team is extremely customer focused and always willing to support customizations, or modifications to the product to address feature requirements in a quickly changing market. The service pattern product is forward looking, and built for the cloud. I view this as a very safe investment in the critical customer care market that has become one of the key ways in which businesses can differentiate themselves

Pros

True Omni-Channel routing agent interface.
Simplified administration, from 0 to live and routing interactions in minutes
High reliability 99.999% and better.

Cons

Quality Management in need of improvement, control for ensuring TCPA compliance in outbound campaigns.

Truly omnichannel platform with powerful outbound engine

Reviewed on 2017/03/19

Pros

BrightPattern has very innovative solution which provides truly omnichannel platform. Among inbound, email, chat, video, SMS it has powerful outbound engine. With 4 dialler modes companies could be more productive than on any other platform. Specially designed supervisor desktop gives full campaign control: from lists to operators. Highly recommend to all companies looking for fast, solid and professional outbound platform.

Cons

nothing special that could not be improved, slightly outdated interface – but it should be updated in new version))

Eric D.

A Bright spot in the Call Center Solution marketplace

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

We started with Aspect's UIP solution and then went to Aspect's Zipwire Product which really was a branded Bright Pattern that Aspect managed. While we still had downtime and problems we found the product better than UIP. We moved over to BrightPattern and since then I've cut down my time on the phone with support and overall downtime has been almost non-existent. A great experience. Bright Pattern is really looking to build a great product and is really listening to and trying to make their customer's happy.

Pros

It is a big call center but is not intimidating and I found it very easy to configure and use. The support is fantastic and you are actually allowed to talk to people who know the product and can look at it from a highly technical standpoint. High quality and easily scalable.

Cons

Would like to see more officially recognized virtual desktop support. With that said we are running it on our VDI systems with no major problems.

Vasko S.

Robust Platform

Reviewed on 2017/03/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Bright Pattern multi-channel platform was an ideal solution to all of the needs of the contact center. We were able to apply chat solutions to improve resolution times and meet client SLA agreements by distributing the workload according to quick troubleshooting and channel distribution, allowing for email, phone follow-ups and first time resolution through the integrated chat sessions, Bright Pattern's multi-channel solution was all we needed to improve our solutions and provide expedited customer service and technical support. The integration and admin setup went smoothly and the implementation team was supportive along the way. All around good service with a competitive pricing plan.

Pros

Smooth integration and setup with multi-channel options and easy to use system administration.

Cons

No cons

Howard L.

Easy to Administer and Powerful to Use

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Helps me to provide my clients with an omnichannel​ contact center platform in the cloud that is both affordable and efficient.

Pros

Rapid deployment of new routing strategies and easy integrations. I can set up​ a URL screen-pop in 30 seconds.

Cons

Limited to 10 global questions for quality scoring. Looking forward to the upcoming QM Pro capabilities.

Briana C.

Great Support for an easy to use softphone platform

Reviewed on 2017/02/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Bright Pattern is the best softphone VoIP provider we've found. Their service is top quality - we've had no issues since we migrated over a year ago. They were able to help us build a relatively complex and unique phone routing system. When they didn't have a feature we needed, they helped us build it or figure out a way to reach the same goal in a different way. Their support team has been world class. It has been a pleasure to work with them and most of the time I don't have to think about our phone system - which is exactly what I want - a scalable, no fuss, working system for our team.

Pros

Exemplary technical support with a reliable, quality product. Agents like the easy UI and simple tools.

Cons

Some set-up is confusing and counter-intuitive

Dj J.

An excellent VOIP solution for SMBs

Reviewed on 2017/02/19

As the founder of a B2B Sales startup, it was important to acquire the VOIP technology we needed for our team to be successful. Bright Pattern offered us the enterprise-grade multichannel solution we needed at a price that made scaling affordable. Bright Pattern's team treated us as valued partners every step of the way. Support was excellent after implementation - I would rate their support as best in class.

Pros

Support, Multichannel, Cloud Based, Price

Onur C.

Excellent Contact Center Infrastructure / Fantastic Technology Partner

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

BrightPattern continues to be a reliable and innovative technology partner for ITyX Solutions. BP's decades of experience in the field of contact center infrastructure have helped us tremendously.

The technology itself is reliable, scalable and offers unparalleled functionality and transparency. The system is sophisticated, yet simple to use.

As partners, BrightPattern has always been proactive and extremely helpful with prospects and accounts.

Overall: Highly recommended!

Pros

Reliability, scalability, multi-tenancy, APIs, mobile SDK

Tripp K.

A very easy deployment and great capabilities

Reviewed on 2017/02/27

I recently deployed this software for an outsourcing firm. They were able to deploy it in service of over a dozen customers. Bright Pattern was easy to deploy. Someone with basic technical understanding could deploy a fully-featured solution easily. From signature to the phone ringing was under three weeks for a complex application.

We have been well supported by Bright Pattern both during the implementation and beyond. The company is well organized and has a solid plan for future enhancements, including reporting.

I would not hesitate to recommend Bright Pattern to other clients of mine.

Pros

Ease of Implementation, Built-in, robust features, support during implementation. The cloud-based service has eliminated the need for in-house support of legacy hardware, giving us more agility and ability to scale.

Cons

The email handling capability is not one-size fits all. We had very specialized needs and it did not make sense to migrate that into Bright Pattern. Reporting is good but is being improved

Cody G.

Bright Pattern brought us the ability to have complex inbound IVRs with fairly simple setup.

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

We use Bright pattern to handle our complex IVR Scenarios that include interactions, lookups and writing to external sources, interactions with callers, and different routing depending on call scenarios. It plays a crucial role in our day to day business as it helps us to collect data as soon as the caller enters the IVR.

Pros

It has a flexible IVR that allows us to handle complex inbound scenarios and is fairly simple to use and change.

Cons

Salesforce.com integration works well as long as the call was initiated or received in Salesforce. We would like to see stronger integration for OB and IB calls not initiated or received in Salesforce.

Robust Omnichannel capabilities

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Very responsive with support tickets. Provide resources to help understand our business goals and work together with us to help achieve objectives.

Pros

Support for full suite of channels and seamless ability to “follow the customer” to move between channels.

Functionality throughout the contact center lifecycle

Self-service configuration, administration tools

Efficient user interfaces for agents and supervisors

Cons

Would like better/easier approach to bringing existing knowledge management content into or integrated with native Bright Pattern knowledge base.

User friendly, Intuitive, Easy to deploy SaaS

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

Brightpattern team has come up with great ideas over the years to make this a great Cloud product. It is easily deployable and reliable in a cloud environment. The service pattern interface is very intuitive and user friendly which allows for fast configuration and navigation. You can literally setup a call center, with true Omni channel capabilities in matter of minutes and be in business.

Pros

Omni channel routing, easy to use interface, performs well, innovative feature set.

Christina C.

Excellent software, service and support...!!

Reviewed on 2017/02/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Bright Pattern is the most effective cloud contact center software compared to those we have used for several years. It offers one of the best multichannel services. We currently utilize all channels and our customers are extremely satisfied. Bright Patterns solution has definitely offered non-disruptive maintenance and is very easy to scale from 5-1000+ concurrent agents. They have a great support team who has always responded immediately to our questions/concerns. Highly recommended!

Gerald M.

Enterprise grade omni-channel cloud based customer engagement solution

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Business continuity, single unified global platform seamlessly access by agents in 3 sites in 3 different countries, omni-channel

Pros

Intuitive UI/UX and functionality for users at all levels from agent through to department head with an awesome team at BrightPattern to compliment.

Cons

Quality management functionality for assessing interactions is limited

Sonny A.

Bright Pattern User Review

Reviewed on 2015/03/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

On the performance side, Bright Pattern is easy to start, highly customizable, fully featured, and very scalable. In minutes, you can have a campaigns set up and running.

On the reporting side, data is easily retrieved for analysis. Call recordings is a welcome feature as it is very useful for training purposes.

Customer service is very good. The staff is very knowledgeable, and is very responsive to questions and requests.

Cons

List management is good overall, but can be more robust. For example, it would be nice to be able to make changes to lists during live campaigns.

Naomi O.

Works out of the box, great customer service

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Easy to implement and use, simple to track calls and pull data.

Pros

It's easy to set up and use, it also doesn't take much time for integration. Their support team is always quick to answer any question, and are very knowledgeable.

Cons

I have no complaints really, except maybe I feel like I could be utilizing it more than I am now? I'm sure they have a lot of cool features, I just don't know about them. Also, not related to the product, each time I send in a support request I feel like I get 2-3 automated emails before someone actually responds, then I receive automated emails for each interaction. It crowds my inbox.