Acuity Scheduling Reviews

Acuity Scheduling

4,8 (5 577)
Online appointment scheduling software and 24/7 assistant.

(5 577)

Stavros
Stavros
  • Industry: Events Services

Acuity Scheduling Is A Super Trifecta In The Appointment Scheduling Application Platform

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

My overall experience was outstanding. I cannot say anything negative about this platform as it really delivered all the bells and whistles that you want in an appointment scheduling application.

Pros

The top features for me were the ability to have a client make a "reservation, appointment, booking" that is dated more than 1 year from the current day. Many competitors have a restriction on future bookings which only allow you to make a booking within the next 365 days. In my industry, dealing with Weddings, future ability to make a reservation 2 or even 3 years from the current day is crucial.

The number 2 feature that I believe is underrated and is very important in many industries is the fact that appointment add-on's such as a time extension or a same-day rehearsal, Acuity was one of the only that took that specific booking and reflected that overall appointment time into my future availability. Not all applications factor in "add-on's" into the future appointment availability which can cause problems in servicing other clients who now have an opportunity to schedule the service even though you the provider might not be available. Another great feature is that Guests who pay for the service in full have the ability to give you a tip. (which is a rare feature among. these appointment application solutions.)

Cons

The only cons are that even their top tier level plans which go for approximately $45/ month still do not come with phone support. While setting up your account is quite streamlined and simple. I still have a personal opinion on those applications that cost a specific amount per month should provide phone support. I would like to note that their email support was on point and did respond better than some other competitors I have used in the past.

vcita

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The platform was not as user-friendly as you would want. The cost of simply book.me was even greater.

vcita

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I chose Acuity because of the simple, user-friendly platform that the application is built on. It provided significant features that the competitors simply lacked. Acuity allows you to customize its platform without the application overtaking your website as Vcita does. Acuity gave someone like my business at Weddings a much more meaningful experience rather than some of the competitors. In my industry, my clients are not really going to be future clients so the features that some of the platforms advertise excessively simply do not affect me. With that said, if anyone is on the line of whether Acuity would fit their needs- do not think twice. Acuity is a thoroughbred in this appointment scheduling application platform.
Jack
Jack

Fantastic scheduling software with great customer assistance

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

I switched from Ovatu to Acuity just over a year ago. Both are fantastic bits of software but Acuity fits my business model better. The support I have received has been fantastic, also the walkthrough articles are clear and easy to follow if you want to set up integration with other software.
The pricing for Acuity is great and I have been able to add users without a massive hike in price paid.

Pros

-Ease of use
-Great support if needed
-Reminder emails and texts not charged extra
-Fantastic price compared to other scheduling software

Cons

Only a couple of minor points;
-A better method of tracking where the customer is in a block of sessions.
-Slightly easier to navigate customer profile page

ClubWorx, Mindbody and Cliniko

Ovatu

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Originally found through Capterra, then tried the free trial and preferred the set up and layout
Deepak
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Something new

Reviewed on 2024/02/20

Pros

My overall experience Haas been great , l like this platform. This platform is a game changer for any busy bee out there ! With acuity do the heavy lifting, effortlessly syncing with your calendar and ensuring you never double book or miss an appointment again.

Cons

Sure, it's user-friendly, but when you're knee-deep in trying to figure out all the bells and whistles, it can feel like you're navigating through a maze blindfolded. It's like trying to crack a secret code just to book a dang appointment!

Adrian

Tracking nightmare

Reviewed on 2024/02/16

Setup is easy - but once you want to track it - it's getting a nightmare. We're gonna switch tools soon.

Pros

It's pretty slim and the user interface is intuitive.

Cons

It's tracking integration is a nightmare. It comes with a GA4-Ecommerce-Tracking integrated which messes up my shopify-Ecommerce-Tracking.

It's been a rollercoaster - or let's say a nightmare - to try to get some proper GA4-event fired. We've invested hours and tried different approaches to get it running. No success so far.

A GTM-Integration and proper DL-Pushes would solve that pain.

Jessica
  • Industry: Accounting

Easy to Schedule and view

Reviewed on 2023/11/15

Pros

I like the easy to read calendar view of all appointments. I love being able to select different calendars to compare appointment times throughout the office, not just mine.

Cons

It's hard to go back to a prior year and print out what your schedule looked like in the past. You can access prior year appointments, it is just not printer friendly. Sometimes when I look at figuring out my schedule it is helpful to look at prior years.

Jason
Jason

Best scheduling software for teams

Reviewed on 2021/07/23

Pros

We used this software as a team with one calendar to keep things organized over our whole organization.

We had a small sales team that allowed for each lead that came in to schedule the next sales associate in line for a meeting.

Cons

The learning curve was more difficult than other scheduling apps we used, but not that much. It didn't take much to get used to and once we did it worked like a breeze .

Calendly and Google Calendar

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

We needed an option where the booking form would take turns scheduling in the next sales associate. Nothing else did this for the price point as well.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

It had all the features for a multi-person team we needed that didn't cost a fortune.
Melissa
Melissa
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent reliability and adaptability in scheduling

Reviewed on 2023/08/14

It was useful for setting up my clients' group classes and individual coaching sessions. The platform's simplicity and integration with Stripe made it ideal. In addition, it included a space for a pre-payment terms and conditions clause.

Pros

Making courses or hour-long coaching sessions to sell to clients was a breeze. The problem of missing appointments is addressed with Acuity. It's useful for projecting an image of competence and efficiency to clients. If I needed to set up another customer appointment, I would most certainly utilize it again.

Cons

Acuity is a premium product that comes at a hefty price. Only if it could help me make money would I consider paying the price. A business with long-term profit potential might also benefit from this investment.

Tammi
Tammi

Functionality revamped - blows the others out of the water

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

I had previously been using Calendly when someone recommended Acuity for one of my clients. It allowed me to set up customized scheduling pages not just for 1 client but several of his managers as well. Then I created an In Take form for each appointment type that would sync with each manager's calendar so they would have all the information they needed during the call. I also customized the emails (including Confirmation, Cancellation, Reschedule and Reminder). Add a text reminder 1 hour prior to the scheduled appointment and it is just a great tool! I would also run weekly reports in Acuity to send to managers. I am sure I only used a fraction of the services offered in Acuity even though I paid for the very reasonably priced service, but it fulfilled the needs.

Pros

I love that I can set up a very detailed landing page and with a paid subscription have both email and text reminders automatically go out to clients (and have the option to have a reminder be sent to the owner of the calendar as well). Completely sync's with your calendar.

Cons

There is a little learning curve with this BUT it is absolutely worth it because of all the "bells and whistle's"

Sarah
  • Industry: Photography

Highly recommenx

Reviewed on 2023/10/12

I use acuity to run my full time photography business, it is fundamental to my day to day work.

Pros

Acuity is easy to use and implement, it is flexible and allows you to run multiple calanders seamlessly and is a set and forget program with amazing integration with calenders and ability to book gift vouchers and reoccuring events.

Cons

The overall look of the scheduli g is a bit bland with no changes to look.

qasm
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Acuity Scheduling

Reviewed on 2024/02/23

Pros

The best feature for secure payments via phone is very useful

Cons

I felt that the application was a little complicated as a new user!

Julie

Over the Top Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

I literary replaced a $1000./month virtual assistant with this software without missing a beat. I now self-manage scheduling & billing with Acuity in about an hour a month.

Pros

Ease of use; excellent service and support. Whenever I have had questions, I get amazingly fast response and always an added idea, work-around or added feature to help make my experience even better. Staff seems to really, really like working for Acuity and with each other. Impressive!

Cons

That I can't separate my active clients from my inactive clients. C'mon Acuity, this seems like an easy sorting feature to add! ;)

Khadejah
  • Industry: Design

I'm glad that I switched to Acuity

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

My overall experience has been great so far. No major complaints.

My overall experience has been great so far. No major complaints.

Pros

I love the features it offers. I love the fact that I'm given a page where I'm able to customize and add important information for my clients to see before booking. I love that it allows me to add coupon codes for my clients to use and let's me have different deposit types for different services. I also love that it has intake forms and offers Instagram and MailChimp integration, and allows me to customize the automatic e-mail confirmation. Its easy to use and makes things run much smoother for myself and clients. I was a die-hard Setmore user, but with all the features I needed and wasn't getting from them, Acuity had them all + more. I'm glad I switched.

Cons

The ONLY 2 issues I have so far is the fact that my clients can't book multiple services at once, I'd need to create add-ons, which makes things a bit harder for me, and the lack of customer support over the phone or live chat.

Book Like A Boss

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity offered more useful features

Setmore

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Book Like A Boss' pricing was confusing and they didn't have a book button with Instagram. I never actually got to try it out because I didn't think I would actually go ahead with purchasing their product due to those missing features.
Isis
  • Industry: Music

Acuity simplified my life in a BIG way!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

I have solved setting up appointments, group class sign ups, managing wait lists, performance sign ups, volunteer sign ups, accurate meeting confirmation emails, collecting data from my customers when they sign up and so much more!

Pros

Once we started using this platform for booking appointments and classes for our music conference, I quickly realized that I could use it for the other music school I worked at as well as for myself for my podcast bookings. The more I use it, the more I realize how much time it has truly saved me from going back and forth emailing people, sending erroneous information out and my favourite part is that the people signing up for things have control of their bookings to change and modify without my help. It's taken so much administrative time off my plate. Honestly, it's been a huge win for a small business owner with a small team. The 1-1 meeting scheduler is by far the best and easiest I've seen.

Cons

The only thing I wish Acuity had, is a group class attendance list that isn't just a file download that I can share with others like my class assistants and interns in real time without sharing a login with them. This feature would make my life even better. But the way it is now, is still functional and totally useful for small businesses. The other feature I wish there was is Payment plans for large program packages.

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity was easier to set up, nicer to look at and just all around a better deal!

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Wellnessliving does not allow you to collect user information on intake forms which is really silly for a program that robust otherwise. We do use both in one of my businesses because they have different strengths like payment plans.
Mylah
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used for 1-5 months

My’Lah’s Acuity Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

I haven’t had a bad overall experience with Acuity Scheduling. The app is very handy, it is efficient, it is customizable and made by me for me, and it is very confident for my clients.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling is a great app! It is very convenient and has everything I need to make booking less complicated for my clients and easy for me to keep up with clients, dates, and prices. My favorite part of the app is that it gives me the space to customize my booking information. I can pick my choice of font, background colors, font colors, I can bullet point, and have all types of fun to make my booking app feel like my own and stand out from others. I love that the app sends confirmation emails with EVERYTHING my clients need to know which saves me time from having to send out messages and emails and constantly changing things.

Cons

What I don’t like about the app is that clients are only allowed to book (via Instagram or the link) using a paid plan. I feel that clients should be able to book through all social media platforms using the Acuity link whether the business owner has a paid plan or not, and that some app functions should be limited and only accessed by those who pay for it.

Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Square Appointments was a little difficult for me, it didn’t give me the option to accept deposits from my clients, it only allowed them to pay full price or to hold their card. I also didn’t like that I couldn’t customize my booking information and I had a limited amount of space to type. Though I did like that the Square Appointments software was 100% free, and you did not have to pay for your clients to book online/on social media.

Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

It gave me more freedom and a better space to be me. It offered more services and a better booking space.
Nea

One Stop Scheduling Tool

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Acuity continues to expand and refine the scheduilng features and options it offers it's users . I use this platform for one on one meetings, group sessions, classes and multi-day events. I love that they offer numerous integrations making it super easy to get going. The help articles are truly helpful. Any glitches I have had have really just been a learning curve - the more I learn, the easier it has been to get the results I want. Totally a great tool for coaches and trainers.

Pros

Acuity is a great tool for scheduling individual sessions, as well as classes and packages for coaching or events. It is easy to use as an administrator, but what makes it great, is that it is easy and very familiar to users - people "Get It" pretty quick!

Cons

The way to set up coaching packages is good for the owner, but totally not user friendly. The client gets a code to be able to redeem their coaching classes. I would love for this to be easier and less burdensome on the clients. Also I would love a way for the administrator to be able to set up a client account/portal for the client...rather than having to push back to have them set up. Any steps that require client action - is a negative experience....

Ryan

Excellent product that will easily pay for itself if used regularly.

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Acuity has made the process of scheduling so much easier and modern, especially for current clients and people I already have a great relationship with.

Pros

Having a scheduling software in general is such a game-changer for someone in sales who sets their own appointments. It's so easy for me to have a chat with someone, and if there is interest, I just send them my link to schedule an appointment and they do. It's also super easy to send out emails to prospective clients or existing clients about revisit appointments and include your personalized schedule link. If done right, you will soon see appointments pop up on your calendar "out of nowhere." I just recently had a client schedule a follow-up where we did some business that basically paid for my annual cost of Acuity. It pays for itself so quickly! The system is so well organized, and there are too many customization features to mention. I recommend grabbing a free trial to test it out for yourself. The client-side scheduling page can be made to be super professional and welcoming.

Cons

I don't believe there is a way to see a detailed monthly or weekly calendar view in the mobile app. It only shows daily schedules. It would be nice to have monthly and weekly calendar views so you can easily see which days have (or don't have) appointments set yet. (this is easily accessible on a PC)

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I liked how much more professional Acuity's interface was from the client-scheduling side. Also, it was the more recommended product amongst my peers in the industry.
Jai

Minimal look and maximum features

Reviewed on 2021/10/30

Overall I love the functionality, design and integrations.
I appreciate the option to create unique...

Overall I love the functionality, design and integrations.
I appreciate the option to create unique and short URLs for my business' booking system and further unique URLs for different appointment types.

It doesn't matter if I am having a conversation on the phone, messages or email, I can send the link of a specific appointment type to the clients and let them pick a time convenient for them.
With other alternate software, it is hard to remember the URLs so AS is a clear winner.

Pros

I love the look. It's clean, sharp and very easy to sync with your branding.
I have been using it for over a year and never had any issue with it, notifications, email reminders for clients, syncing with different personal and work calendars, accepting payments for appointment bookings.

Cons

Lack of free version. Sometimes I wish they had a free version with reduced features for clients who need an online booking system but expect only 5 bookings per month. $14 is a bit too much for them so they usually go with Calendly.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I love the minimal design of Acuity Scheduling to start with but after using it for over a year, and working with Calendly on behalf of my clients, I would suggest anyone to go for Acuity Scheduling if the booking system plays a substantial role in running your business and you can afford to spend a little extra as compared to other options.
Marie

Acuity is the #1 tool a Coach needs

Reviewed on 2022/10/06

It handles all of the scheudling needs so we dont go back and forth with clients about booking appointments. It also integrates well with Stripe so we can use it for paid appointments. And because we can add forms, it can also add in intake and client onboarding processes as well. When I started my practice I asked other coaches what tools they were using and this was hands down the number one recommendation that I received and happily the platform has grown with my business over the years as well.

Pros

I like Acuity because it is easy to incrporate and maange multiple calendars at once whether fora solo practitioner o r for a multi practiitioner practice. We have been ablet o provide access to about 2 dozen different calendars usingthe tool and beign able to track all the appointmn types on the back end is great for our marketing intel as well.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve in settin this up. It is not as intutive as other platforms I ahe seen but aI thin that comes with the robust features of the platform. Getting new contractors onboarded is somewhat challenge=ings as many folsk are not familiar with syncing their calendars this way or setting up time zones correctly which can cause problems when working with clients.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

More dynamic and features to take payment, integrate with my multiple Google calendars to make sure I wasn't double booking and the use of forms
Claire
  • Industry: Online Media

An Excellent Appointment Scheduling Solution

Reviewed on 2023/04/08

I have been using Acuity Scheduling for a few years now and it has been a great experience. It is easy to use and has all the features I need for my business. The customer service and support is excellent, so any problems I have can be quickly taken care of. The only downside is the cost, but it is worth it for the convenience and reliability.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling is an excellent appointment scheduling solution that is easy to use, intuitive, and reliable. It has a great range of features and integrations, making it perfect for businesses of all sizes. It also has excellent customer service and support, so any problems or questions can quickly be taken care of.

Cons

The only downside to Acuity Scheduling is that it can be a bit expensive, especially if you need to use multiple features and integrations. However, the cost is worth it for the convenience and reliability of the service.

Zach

Great Calendaring Software for Teams

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Overall, our experience has been great. The customer support has been top notch, there are integrations to most of the apps we use, and this seriously probably saves us 4-8 hours per week.

Pros

We have 6 different team members. Most of the time, 2 or more team members will be involved with a client at a time. Before we were trying to juggle times back and forth on Outlook using scheduling assistant, which doesn't work if the client is not within your outlook network, which they never are.

Also, we used to send a long list of meeting times out when someone would request an appointment. We would wait until we had a handful of appointment requests before sending them out because it was so labor intensive to do so.

Our reminders have never been more helpful to our clients nor more consistent.

Cons

We have run across some training hurdles, especially when using "blocked" times vs appointments. For one, blocked times do not actually transfer to our calendars on Outlook. Also, if someone has multiple calendars, for instance we usually have 2 team members in every meeting, and the team pairing is not always the same, then we have to remember to block off time on every calendar that team member is associated with.

Also, I still do not know exactly how the locations function works. We have 3 different offices and lets just say we've manually changed our reminders to spell out the address and have different appointment types titled with the correct location.

Lastly, our team has found the mobile app to be inconsistent at best. We have used both the Android and iOS version of the application and feel like we cannot rely on the information we see within the app. Appointments on the same calendar always work, but when you have an appointment on one calendar that also blocks off time on other calendars, the reliability has been spotty and multiple times we have had to go back to our clients and request a new meeting time.

Andy
  • Industry: Libraries

AS - Great free scheduling/appointment website with a bit extra, especially if you're willing...

Reviewed on 2017/01/28

I was hired on to provide free technology tutoring/help to the public through my public libraries. I needed something where I could schedule myself and others between multiple locations easily and in a way that I could see who I've got when. Traditionally they used paper signup sheets and or calendars and maybe a personal digital calendar or something but nothing fancy and totally manual. As a techy, I hated this idea and decided to look for a website that could help me automate the signup process. I originally tried Google Forms to gather bulk answers like "what's your name" and "what do you want tech help with" and "when do you want to book your time" and it was ok, but Google doesn't have scheduling built in and I needed to use third party add-ons which then had full access to my google drive and even then it didn't work very well at all, it was a pain for me, the customer, and the library staff who needed to be able to confirm appointments. So I went searching for websites that would do a better job and I found quite a few, picked some that looked good (many were obviously not going to work for what I wanted/needed) and signed up for 4 or 5 sites. I thought I found one that was great, I was using it for a short while but then kept running into issues and the support wasn't great. I decided to start testing out my second pick, AS, and at first it seemed a little to easy, but then I found some of the extra options and realized how they have the site setup and from there it's been good. I'm quite picky and demanding at times, even when I know there's something a system can't or won't do, I'll still ask the support team if we can do it and ask for work-arounds etc. to do something similar, partly so they know it's something people want. The support here is great (unless you work weekends, that's the only reason I removed a star) even though they're e-mail only (again, as a techy I don't mind) they do respond quite quickly. It's a small team but over 50% of staff is customer service based on their website. I've been told that the top 2 paid accounts get live chat support as well, but again only on the weekend. I have no need to accept payment but again I did need multiple "calendars " for each location, however, there is another way around that if you don't mind a couple of things being shared, which in my case is not an issue at all, so I was able to do everything for free. I can see it being VERY useful at a business level with a paid account. Thanks.

Pros

That I can do almost everything for free. It's also easy to use. And the staff are really nice and helpful. And they have decent promos on now and then it seems (like for writing a honest review).

Cons

No weekend support.
Also, to get multiple calendars, I need to pay :( That won't be a con for most people but in my situation it was.

Jeff
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Too much of my time spent trying to manage appointments

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

While many things can be done with the software they provide, it's not too often done easily or intuitively.

Need help? Their expectation is that you hire a freelancer to figure out the work-around.

I found it to be too much of a "time suck" for the price. I need something that works, works like my business works, and that can be used efficiently.

Pros

The software met my initial needs well and if you have a simple organization or your business model is completely in line with the way the developers think you should run your business, then this will be a good fit for you.

The reminders by email and text have been extremely reliable and effective at keeping no-shows to a minimum. The admin interface is easy to read at the start of the day and some of the functionalities on the calendar admin page are very convenient.

Cons

Being able to figure out where to find settings on the admin side can often become an elaborate project. Coupons need to be managed in two different places, figuring out where to set your business hours can be a hunting trip through the menus, getting a new client "on board" with their own account to edit or cancel their own appointments has been a laborious task that is not at all intuitive. I came very close to losing clients over their frustration in trying to figure out the startup process.

One of the weakest points in this software is the fact that there is no "customer facing" help. The only online help from Acuity is available to the Admin, and written for the Admin. If any help is to be presented to my customers, it's my job to write it. Sorry - writing a help system for 3rd party software that I pay to use is not what I consider a good use of my time.

The reason I'm leaving Acuity after years of trying to make this software perform as I need is the fact that "Help is just days away!" That's right, no live help. Email only and if someone comes to me with a question I can not answer or a problem that I can't figure out how to resolve on a Friday afternoon ... it's still going to be a problem through the weekend - likely until Tuesday. Email only. No chat, no phone.

Angelica
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Boost Productivity and Organization with Acuity Scheduling

Reviewed on 2023/05/29

I was given the chance to use Acuity Scheduling for scheduling multiple appointments and meetings while working as an intern in the pharmaceutical product development and research department. The program succeeded in streamlining our scheduling procedures to a great extent. We were able to effortlessly schedule appointments, communicate with team members, and remember crucial deadlines because to its user-friendly layout. The automatic reminders greatly decreased no-shows and increased attendance as a whole. We were able to adapt the software to our particular needs thanks to the customization possibilities, which included adding unique intake forms for patient data. We were able to study our scheduling trends and adjust our resource allocation thanks to the detailed data and analytics. Overall, Acuity Scheduling significantly increased our productivity and organization, enabling seamless departmental communication.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling provides a complete and intuitive platform for managing bookings and appointments. It streamlines the entire scheduling process with its simple UI, adaptable features, and strong integrations. Automation of appointment reminders and follow-ups, which lower no-show rates and boost client engagement, is one of the main benefits. Additionally, the software offers adaptable calendar syncing choices that enable easy interaction with well-known calendars like Google Calendar. Customers and businesses can both benefit from Acuity Scheduling's services, which include client self-scheduling, online payment processing, and customisable intake forms. Businesses can receive useful insights into their scheduling patterns thanks to the thorough reporting and analytics, enabling data-driven decision-making. Acuity Scheduling streamlines appointment administration as a whole, saving time, lessening the strain of administrative work, and enhancing overall effectiveness.

Cons

For managing appointments and reservations, Acuity Scheduling provides a robust and user-friendly interface. The entire scheduling procedure is made simpler by its user-friendly design, adaptable features, and strong integrations. The ability to automate appointment reminders and follow-ups lowers no-shows and boosts client engagement, which is one of the main benefits. A smooth integration with well-known calendars like Google Calendar is made possible by the software's versatile calendar syncing capabilities. Client self-scheduling, online payment processing, and customizable intake forms are just a few of the additional services that Acuity Scheduling provides to make things easier for both businesses and customers. Businesses can learn a lot about their scheduling habits because to the thorough reporting and analytics, which facilitates data-driven decision-making. Overall, Acuity Scheduling streamlines appointment administration, freeing up time, lessening the load of administrative work, and boosting effectiveness.

Daniel

Great software but lacking

Reviewed on 2015/09/03

Overall, it's perfect for us. It's everything we need in our scheduling software and it helps tremendously to have an embedded feature to embed on our site without having to redirect customers. If you need to modify the scheduling page in any way, you must do it through CSS (no HTML available). So, if you aren't a computer scientist, you may have trouble customizing some of the page (colors and wording is customizable with a click of a button). A couple of issues I have is 1) no re-direct feature. For example, if I wanted my customers to open the scheduling page in a new window instead of on my website, they see example.acuityscheduling.com but they should see is example.mydomain.com. I think it's called domain mapping? It would be a great feature to have our page with a custom url (not one with Acuity Scheduling in it). Another issue.. 2) payment methods are EXTREMELY limited (just PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.net). There NEEDS to be more payment processors.. seriously.. Also, 3) If you have Stripe connected, you may have PayPal connected also. If you have PayPal connected, you may have Stripe connected also. But, if you have Authorize.net connected, you may not offer PayPal.. it makes no sense why this is and will be very frustrating for Authorize.net merchants using Acuity Scheduling. Another problem? No customization of the checkout. If you need to change the wording of the payment page, you can't. Why? I don't know but I am upset about this. BIGGEST PROBLEM AMONG THEM ALL -- there is no way for your client to schedule more than one service at a time. Yep.. you read that right. They can schedule the same service as a repeat but there is no way for them to book multiple service in one appointment (on same nor different days/times). It's bad.. so, my clients have to book multiple appointments for multiple services and times and it's just a huge mess. A real inconvenience. Is Acuity Scheduling worth the price? I suppose (there is a free version available but you are very very very very very limited). There is some work to be done, some upgrades and features that need to be placed before this is considered "Great" or "Awesome". There is a lot of things that this company can do to make this better and I am not convinced yet that they are even considering upgrading. Step up to the plate and upgrade your software and you have a homerun. Seriously.. maybe a grand slam. So far though, it's a single (or a walk) =(

Response from Squarespace

Hi Daniel -- thanks for writing this review, and glad to hear that Acuity is perfect for you!

Just a couple things to clarify...
* Quite a bit can be changed with your colors, logo, and adding extra formatting all without CSS. That's just an extra bonus for especially techy people to totally revamp the look of their rescheduler.

* You can also embed the scheduler directly into your website. That way people can stay on your domain and completely book their appointment from within your site instead of going off to Acuity.
If you need a hand with that, our developers will even embed the scheduler into your website if you ask.

* Scheduling more than one service: you can offer that with add-on services. Under Appointment Types head over to Add-Ons then you can set up which services can be booked with which other ones.
For example, that can be used so if someone is booking a Haircut they can also add on Coloring and book both services at once.

James

Sometimes it’s easier to let them schedule.

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

I absolutely love the ability to have my clients pick their own appointments. There’s been more than once when I had a client who had such a busy schedule that we couldn’t pinpoint a good day for their appointment over the phone. I just had them go in and pick a time and write themselves in! It saved me so much time so that I was able to focus on other clients. I was also able to share calendars with my co-workers so that everyone had the correct schedule. I just really wish that there was phone support just in case something did go wrong with us trying to figure out all of the features. Hopefully, that will change in the future.

Pros

By far, the best feature is the ability to have clients schedule their own appointments. As a busy person, I don’t often have the time for the back and forth of scheduling a client. With Acuity, they can look at my schedule, see when I’m free, and then put themselves in wherever it’s convenient for them. I also like that the calendars adjust for time zones. This is helpful if you have clients all over the country yet don’t want to have to figure out the time differences. The tutorial for Acuity was very informative and made using the program a breeze. Having the calendars sync up for groups is also very handy rather than having everyone input the info individually.

Cons

Sometimes, there is such a thing as too much. Acuity has so many features that it’s overwhelming. There is no way I could use every single feature, so it seems like overkill. It’s also made even more difficult because there is no phone support. If I had a number I could call, perhaps they could explain to me what each of the features does that way I’m not so overwhelmed. Phone support would also be handy in case something breaks, most likely from trying to figure out the different features. With something as important as your schedule, you need to have almost instant solutions, and lack of phone support means you have to wait to get a response, which costs time and money lost.