mHelpDesk

Win more jobs and grow your business with mHelpDesk!

Natalia R.

SOFTWARE NEVER WORKS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

HORRIBLE

Pros

You can punch in and out for service. You can also enter materials.

Cons

This company has the worst customer service; we had used this software for 2 years now and it constantly has issues. They want screenshots, videos, but everytime we send it over, it gets fixed for a day but not for every technician, and then it goes to sh** again. HORRIBLE software, do not recommend it to anybody.

Kathy L.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

mHelpDesk

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

overall the system is easy to use and user-friendly. It was not hard to learn the system. Easy to catch on

Pros

being able to automate is a great feature for our business. A great tool that keeps a customer database, tracking, and scheduling work orders. Customer support is very helpful when you ever need an explanation or issues resolved

Cons

you are only able to set up one payment option at a time. If a customer has more than one it would be nice to have the capability of setting up different accounts for different sections.

Tim H.

Great if You Have to Make Invoices in the Field

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

GOOD.
mHelpDesk does what I need it to do. It is affordable for a small shop. It's the only software that allowed my, not-so-computer-literal, technicians to create detailed invoices in the field AND HAND IT TO THE CUSTOMER, and record payment.
I would recommend it.
Most of my frustrations come from having such a very functional software package and my techs have to fill out paper timesheets. All the data needed to create a timesheet exists in the Price List including Items or fields called Labor-Travel, Labor-Tech or Labor-Apprentice. The time they signed in and signed out exists in the items list of the invoice. All we need is a report that can filter this data and voila we have timesheets.

Pros

Support is very good.
Works great if you make many invoices in the field, print them and hand them to customers. Must have internet signal.
Email Invoice with Payment Button. Customer clicks the button and pays with credit card.
Easily convert Estimates to Service Call to Invoice.
Customer Info with multiple jobsites easily managable.
Great mobile app., fluid, very functional, easy to use.
Intuitive desktop platform.
Works great with QuickBooks Desktop.

Cons

You will have to pay to retrive YOUR DATA when you leave mHelpDesk.
No inventory. Don't let them fool you. You cannot create PO's and have to go to a price list, select and item, delete the quantity, and enter the new quantity everytime you want to add inventory. No inventory history.
No Time sheets. Again, don't let them fool you. Technicians can sign in in the morning and sign out in the afternoon and you can print a report. That's it. No phase codes. Cannot label time entries. No way to associate payroll to billable hours/ServiceCalls/Jobs.
Custom Reports? Never could create one that was usefull and I have 20 yrs experience in MS Access.

Response from mHelpDesk

Tim--thank you so much for this detailed and very helpful feedback! We will share it with the product team so they can explore some of the ideas that you've raised.

David B.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

mHelpDesk lacks on the support

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Dispatching

Pros

It's quite easy to use, did not take long to get the hang of, but I am also very comfortable with computing and software. You would have to be since the documentations they have only go as far as showing you the default way of doing things. If your business does not follow their model exactly you will be customizing yourself for weeks to come. All-in-all though, the software is functional, no down time, and the servers are pretty quick.

Cons

Ugh, there are several things to dislike. First and foremost, is the customer support. You will wait forever for a response, and when you finally get one, its just that, one. Then you have to wait another 30 mins for them to respond to your next sentence again. We are talking the same conversation here and they have 30 mins between replies. If it's my turn, it's my turn, don't leave every reply hanging. Second, they pick and choose what part of the terms & cond. they follow. It says, no refund, at all. Yet I know different because they refunded one month. THis was due to the fact that there software does not sync with quickbooks as advertised and I spent 2 weeks working on that. I had to create a whole new quickbooks, delete every single service from mHelpDesk (over 1200) and then recreate them in Quickbooks and then sync. A VERY LARGE undertaking and they did not help a single bit. They just waited until I was finished and refunded one month. When the software didn't work at first, I asked for a refund because they didn't hold up their end of the agreement, and they flat refused. Breached their own terms and everything, and still refused, and I was still within my trial time. Point is, make certain you want them first, because they will breach their own terms and tell you to get over it.

Response from mHelpDesk

David -- thank you for the review. I'm sorry to hear that the Quickbooks sync did not go as smoothly as it should have and that you did not have the best experience with our support team. We pride ourselves on focusing on customer support, so I will pass your feedback to that team to see how we can continue improving our service. If you have any other issues with your account please contact our team and we will be happy to help. Thank you for your business!

Margaret B.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Schedules/tracking/invoices/estimates

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

The customer service team is always ready to help! I have searched and it is my belief for the money - you won't do better than mHelpDesk. It has taken our business to a new level.

Pros

This software has enabled me to eliminate one office person. The techs in the field use the app to complete estimates or invoices and then the program integrates with QuickBooks. This has eliminated paper tickets. I like that we can add pictures to a work order as this can be a vital tool for a job. The techs can also input data if they are out of range with their mobiles, this is not an option with other similar software/apps. Additionally, almost all of our invoices are emailed to the customer and that means that I get paid faster!

Cons

The program - for the cost - is about the best you are going to find. It does have a few issues I would like to see resolved. If a customer clicks approval on an estimate it doesn't trigger a notification and I think it should. I am also paying another company to garner, share and post reviews. I think that mHelpDesk can do this. They have all the customer info - it should be a matter of checking a box. The customer service at mHelpDesk is wonderful. They have always tried to assist me with any questions or to resolve any issues.

Response from mHelpDesk

Hi Margaret, we are happy to hear that mHelpDesk is helping you run your business better! Thank you for the suggestion for adding customer reviews -- we are always looking for ways to improve the product. Thank you for being an mHelpDesk customer!

Shai M.

Exceptional service and software

Reviewed on 2015/04/15

The software:
We are the owners and managers of over 1000 units across Pennsylvania, New jersey and Miami florida. We have been in the business for 17 years now and we are always looking for ways to get better and increase efficiency. I have tried so many maintenance management softwares throughout the years and non of them was able to answer our needs as much as Mhelpdesk. I am now able to monitor multiple maintenance technicians in various locations with so much ease and efficiency. It saves us money and time and most important enables us to service our tenants better and communicate progress and status of their work order with a click of a button. The fact that its is so customizable makes it so easy to arrange the information in a way that you can get a complete view of whats going on in the field in a glance.

Customer Service:
My first conversation was with Daniel McClain - Account executive - He was great from the get go. He took the time to answer all my questions no matter how small or big, He presented the software with great knowledge and expertise and made the process fun and interesting. When he presented the software to our staff in Florida he literally got a standing ovation. Everyone was so exited for it. Thank you Mr. McClain ;)

Once i decided to go ahead with Mhelpdesk i was assigned with a customer success coach (Love the terminology) Meghan Verducci in a nutshell if i could i would hire her to work for our company in a heartbeat. She was very Knowledgeable and pleasant. If she says she will get something done you can count on it. She was honest about what can and can't be done within the software and if she didn't have an answer she would always look for one and get back to me as soon as she could. She even kept in touch when she was on vacation to make sure that my needs are met. Once the Setup was complete she provided me with a power point manual and training videos for my staff Very helpful, i was able to train my staff with easily with zero misunderstandings. Thank you Megahn for everything !!

Pros

Customizable
Coloring of the work order type
Recurring maintenance

Cons

The mobile app needs a serious upgrade!
Being able to upload more then one file at a time (picture in particular)
bring back the ability to make a contact inactive without having to delete his records. Keeping records is the number one need in real-estate management. There are work arounds but definitely need to be brought back

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

The best software can be customised

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Its great with its feature being able to customize,
due to time difference, sometimes hard to get support online.

Pros

1). can be customized easily
2). power keyword quick search feature

Cons

1). can't bring up all jobs and statement at once, have to go through year by year to bring up tickets/job statement.
2). Also, when go to one billing customer, to bring up invoice list, the customer's PO# is not there, but invoice# which is automatically generated by Mhelpdesk and it doesnt match with customer's reference#. if we can put cutsomer's PO# in invoice# instead would be a great help
3). due to time difference, sometimes hard to get support online. and maintenance scheduled is in conflict with our business hours which is New Zealand time 8-5pm Mon-Friday

Response from mHelpDesk

We're glad to hear you are taking advantage of mHelpDesk's customization features. Thank you for the suggestions - we will pass them along to our Product team for review. We know the time zone difference can be difficult, but we have plans for extended support hours in the future. Thank you for your business!

Shawn S.

Testimonial for GREAT service management software - Mhelpdesk

Reviewed on 2013/02/08

I have been in the computer technology business since 1986 and have used a ton of different software programs to run the business. I have wasted over $30,000 with the last two major software programs one was an ERP application that was just so buggy and just took too much time learning and keeping the software up and running I dumped it after using it for 1 year. The latest software program was recommended by several other technology companies as it is a PSA software but it just takes so long to do a single service order and then the process to get it to an invoice and then to the accounting application like QuickBooks was just a joke. (Almost a total of 20 clicks on different buttons and screens for each job).

I can now run my business while on the road at customers or remotely at my home office and am much more efficient and professional looking doing away with paper!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Pros

-Ease of use.
-Customizable
-Website service ticket integration
-Integration to Quickbooks
-Customer support is top notch!
-They are very fast to update their software when customers make suggestions!
-I learned about Mhelpdesk about a year ago and tried it out and was really impressed but was missing some things for my business as I have a ton of inventory that I stock. Over the past year I have continued to watch them grow and add new features. Even in the past 60 days I have seen a ton of the requests actually put into the software which I have not seen any other software vendor listen to their customers like this. I have only been fully using this software in my business live for the past week but have saved so much time in the processes and procedures along with impressing every one of my clients when I have them sign my iPhone or iPad for the service order or invoice.
-I look forward to the new improvements that Mhelpdesk adds every few weeks.

Cons

None

*Other than waiting for the new features like POS (Point of Sale) with inventory management or interface to Quickbooks Online!

Chris G.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Its great software

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

It was easy to set up and they will help you with set up. They were always willing to help if needed. They continually look to add features to improve the software. Just be aware this may increase the price you pay.

Pros

I liked the software and used it for years. They made several improvements and added features to it that I didn't personally use. It did what I needed and did it without issue

Cons

I chose to stop using it when they decided to double the price of the software. I felt they value was no longer there for me but it is good software if you have a service business and have appointments to track.

Response from mHelpDesk

Chris, thank you for review. We're grateful for your business over the past few years and we're sorry to hear that the value is no longer there for you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future, and we hope we may have an opportunity to work together again down the line.

Kevin P.

Good Investment

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Overall a positive experience. Our MHD contact did an incredible job meeting our needs during the set up and training phase. She was always quick to respond with an answer and also a short video to help explain actions steps needed to resolve a challenge. We took advantage of our support plan with CSR, and she delivered each time we reached out to her. I highly recommend her, she is extremely knowledgeable of the software and platform, and willing to assist as requested.

Pros

The software meets our dispatching needs as well as capturing all information needed to close out any pending work orders. It automates our service call life cycle process, in turn allows our team and operation to be more efficient and maintain quality as the volume of our calls and request increase.
Once you become familiar with the software, it is fairly straightforward and east to utilize. I would recommend investing some time into adjusting the settings properly on the desktop version as well as app to be sure they align with your process goals. After several weeks of making adjustments, we feel it is tailored well to our needs.

Cons

The one feature we would like to see changed is choosing a job name to schedule a work order. Presently, you can only select the parent name of a site. In our field, not all parent names match site names, so it can be a challenge sometimes identifying the correct parent and site name. If you could add by site parent name or specific site location that would be beneficial.

Joel W.

Works great for invoicing. Scheduling and clock in features need work

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Overall we like Mhelpdesk, but it is not a one stop shop at this point. We use T-sheets to compensate for the clocking in issues which is too bad.

Pros

The customization possibilities for creating estimates and invoices are awesome. Being able to create a price list makes invoicing in the field much easier since you can just add a pre-worded/priced line item to the invoice.
Collecting payments also is very easy with the option to email the invoice to a customer and they are able to click a link and pay with a credit card.

Cons

The new clock-in feature still has a lot of bugs. We stopped using it because we had so many issues with it and ended up overpaying some employees. Also the GPS tracking feature is very hit and miss. We ended up using T-sheets for clocking in.
Scheduling works pretty well, but we have had issues with the app going offline and employees not realizing it and then looking at the wrong schedule.

Lee M.

MHelpdesk Keeps us organized and gets us paid

Reviewed on 2012/11/15

this application has increased our profitability and the monthly fee is minor in relation to what we save on time filing out paper work and manually processing estimates with excel, work order via paper and billing through an admin staff member.
we don't lose work orders, no billing gets missed, no techs forget about the jobs of the day.
by far and away the best choice our business has made.
I highly recommend the product and endorse it as a must have for any service dispatch company.

Pros

-Android app allows field techs to update, create, edit orders on the site.
-work orders/invoices/estimates with signature capture allow us to quote, close and invoice on the spot.
-google calendar integration gives us a quick visual, auto updates and is easily accessed - a nice add on feature that we use
-QuickBooks imports allow us to quickly import all invoices with a click of a button. cutting way down on administration costs.
-ability to track time for techs on projects and materials used keeps our jobs profitable.
-tech support either online or via telephone is fast response, accurate and helpful.
-constantly improving product and features. routine updates keep program operating smoothly and each update typically increases effeciency

Cons

-have had a few server access issues that where caused by external companies or service providers. These have made the system unavailable for a period of time during the work day.
-tech support advised of available work around and updated on status of repairs taking place.
-downtime was minor impact and communication during was great.
-would be nice add on or option to have app/program operate as standalone on at least one onsite PC in the office during these times.

Geoff F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Center of my business records

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Keeps records of work performed, where and their associated invoices all in one place. Easy to search to review work done at a site and prices charged for specific items. For instance, say I'm called to customer A for RTU1. I can quickly check records on what's been done with that unit and stay one step ahead so I'm not repeating work. Work notes can be easily added to the job, more detailed part numbers, prices, etc. can be attached with private notes.

Cons

Screens often load slowly in the browser or get hung up. Sometimes it costs a few extra minutes when you could use them. The templates are difficult to get right, preview is not representative of the actual document it'll create.

Scott M.

The entire process from signing up to rolling out has been exceptional- #moneywellspent

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Ability to track many different metrics in my business. The ability to manage a paperless service business keeping every document in the cloud.

Pros

Business before mHelpDesk had us lacking in reporting and a general understanding of our numbers.

We now have the ability to track our sales, booking rates, marketing dollars and customers in a simple format that anyone on our team can use.

If you are considering a new CRM, I recommend Mhelpdesk. I tried rolling out 4 other competitors all of which were too cumbersome, confusing and lacking in functionality.

Mhelpdesk has unbelievable support and the system is not complicated- anyone can use this platform with or without computer abilities.

We look forward to partnering with Mhelpdesk for years to come.

Cons

Anything which is not part of the system can usually be figured out with a work around or help from the tech team.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thank you so much for this review, Scott! We're glad that the reporting and other parts of mHelpDesk has been #moneywellspent for you and your team. :)

Elizabeth H.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

What a Nightmare

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

They frequently push super buggy updates. For example, the most recent update made the decision to update all of our customer automatically about the status of their tickets via text without our or their consent. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we reach out to customer service about things they've broken, it takes the better part of 2-3 hours talking to a service agent before they SOMETIMES acknowledge the problem.

More often than not, it's a "feature not a bug". I've had fixes for major issues take more than 6 months to resolve with no updates from customer service. By the time they fixed it, we'd already found another service to track the information, making the fix useless.

On top of everything else, we recently received at 37% price increase because they've "added features" (that still don't work).

Because of how awful the system is to use, we've decided to create our own Access Database of ticket management because we're supremely confident that it will be more stable and usable. We highly advise other potential customers to find ANY option other than mHelpdesk.

Pros

When we started using mHelpdesk about 4 years ago, it was everything we could possibly want. It's only gone downhill since then.

Cons

mHelpdesk forces universal changes on a user without requiring their permission. The longer we've been with the service the more difficult it has become to use. They've taken useful tools away in favor of new "features". We've lost the ability to sort different categories and there's no way to switch it back. Customer service is a nightmare. Fixes for major issues can sometimes take upwards of six months.

Response from mHelpDesk

Elizabeth - thank you for sharing your concerns. We are sorry to hear that mHelpDesk did not meet your expectations. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Mark C.

Reviewed on 2013/05/17

I run a small company dealing with computer repairs and services in Nottingham, England dealing with residential clients and small businesses. The majority of my work is carried out on the clients premises, with a smaller amount being in my workshop or via remote support.

I've tried lots of different CRM, invoicing, and general pieces of organizational software to try and keep my business running smoothly and well organized - but have never been totally happy with what I have found. I've usually ended up having to use 2 or 3 different pieces of software to accomplish what I need.

I've been using MHelpdesk for the last couple of months and I think I've finally found what I've been looking for. It was very easy to set up to suit my needs. I easily imported my client database from Quickbooks and was up and running very quickly.

The thing I like the most about MHelpdesk are I can do everything in the one package. My workflow goes like this - Customer calls>Add to MHelpdesk(If not there already)>Create Job>Schedule appointment>Complete Job>Invoice client>Get Paid>Close job.

All in the same software, very smooth!

I'm already finding I'm a lot better organized than I was. As MHelpdesk is hosted, it is also great when I'm out and about on appointments. I can log into it from anywhere I have a net connection and do whatever I need to do, whether it's on the clients PC, or my phone or iPad.

The software is also very customizable and allows you to add custom forms or fields to your work orders so you can capture all the info you need; as well as renaming lots of items to suit your needs.

Support is also first class. The product seems to get updated constantly, and quite often requests for features made on the user forums are implemented into the software if enough people think they will be useful.

Overall I think this is a great piece of software and if you are running a service business it will make your life a lot easier.

Angelique W.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

mHelpDesk changed my life

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

The benefits of mHelpDesk far outweigh any issues we've had with it. I would highly recommend it. You can pretty much do everything from start to finish with this program. I haven't used it long enough to utilize the invoice part, as I'm still using quickbooks, but for the most part, our company is really pleased with this program. And if we had to do it all over again, we would definitely pick mHelpDesk over all the others out there. And CSR, my account rep, has been phenomenal in answering questions and getting back to me quickly when I reach out.

Pros

The mapping tool is definitely my favorite part of this whole program. I can look at scheduled jobs and find unscheduled jobs nearby, which makes scheduling and keeping our guys within a certain distance very easy.

Cons

The estimate section of this program is my least favorite. It could be because I'm used to working with Quickbooks and I can send more than one estimate and I can see the body of the email before sending and edit it accordingly. With this program, I have to create a whole new job to send a new estimate, which is time consuming. So I don't always use the estimate feature, especially if I have more than one estimate option.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thank you so much for this feedback Angelique! I'll share the recommendations on our estimate feature with the product team. We appreciate your business!

Kevin R.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

I have been very pleased with the customer service we have received with mHelpDesk. The people seem to be the biggest asset the company has because we have been able to contact them constantly and they are very polite and resolve out issues whether it be over the phone or over chat.

Pros

The customer service is top notch. Everyone is very kind and respectful and more importantly are very good at providing feedback. The app is great. We had a few issues with the information transferring into quick books the way we prefer but overall is doing everything we needed it to.

Cons

I really wish the phone numbers were able to move to google calendar. That is the biggest pitfall of this software. Also the customer information doesn't translate super well with quickbooks.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback Kevin! We really appreciate it, and are happy to get able to support R&S.

Chad O.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Good shell, but buggy with little support

Reviewed on 2014/04/26

Pros

The product is a great concept, and when we first started, it was good. The form is very intuitive, easy to change, like the workflow system. The ability to assign things is great, and I really like the logs/notes. However, I would recommend splitting logs and notes with a log that tracks every change to the form and notes that are simply notes.

I like how a message field pops up automatically whenever you change the status; that is great. I like the "Add New Agent" feature that populates everything for you, although only 1/2 of it works; the part that works does so very well with all the work orders that client has entered.

Cons

The issues are with the lack of support. We have at least a half dozen problems that we've notified them about that just don't get resolved. The typical response we hear is we can not recreate it, so we can't help, even though we deal with it daily. For example, we have had to create a basic form just so people on Macs can submit an order on a different form, and then we take that form and enter it into MHelpdesk, because if they do it directly from an Apple, it won't work.

They seem to update the software CONSTANTLY, and every update makes it worse. The new app for the tablets is worse than the old app. I cannot run reports for custom fields. If I type a message and hit send, it changes the status to open instead of whatever I had assigned it to; that's a huge problem. At least once a week, the site is completely down and we get the "oops" error. Our clients get the "oops" error a ton, and it makes us look incompetent.

The "Subject" line cannot be removed from online form. Service location cannot be added to the online forms. We've been able to do a major workaround, but if those two options were available, life would be a lot easier.

Darcy H.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

After 3 months of trials of 7 different products we chose Mhelpdesk.

Reviewed on 2014/01/29

Pros

After three months of trials of seven different products, we chose Mhelpdesk to be our main software system for all of our administration. We have converted over 25% of our bookings to online bookings where our clients book the appointments for themselves. Over the last six months Mhelpdesk has upgraded their software several times to meet the needs of their clients.

Cons

The transitions to each version have not been without unique hiccups, but every time we contact Mhelpdesk, they immediately assign staff to correct any issues to get us on the right track.

Debbie B.

Frustrating

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

I am going to be looking at another product if mHelpdesk cannot fix the mapping of the technician's location

Pros

This program is fairly easy to use. That is all I can say right now regarding the pros. I am very frustrated that the issue I am having is still not fixed.

Cons

It has taken over a month to fix an issue that used to be working just fine. FYI - the issue is currently NOT fixed

Bradley F.

Increased productivity

Reviewed on 2017/02/19

This is great software. It has truly helped increase our productivity. It is easy to track jobs now and has decreased the time it takes to collect on a job significantly.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic. If we call or email them with a question they respond quickly. This software is customized to our needs and as our business evolves they are able to tweak the software to meet our ever changing needs. It is great for tracking leads, estimates, jobs, invoices and payments. We also use it to assign crews to jobs and get them the information they need for the job.

Cons

This software doesn't have a good way to track employees hours for payroll. There is a makeshift way to do it but is not as efficient as the rest of the software's duties.

Danielle O.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

We are finally able to get out of the paper and pencil scheduling! We are also able to start collecting on invoices out in the field, real-time information and photos and our days have been made a lot easier with this system. Customization is amazing and really helps since we are a very niche company.

Cons

There are occasional system glitches and we have to get ahold of technical. My field techs are having some issues with the App and have to view it as a browser.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thanks so much for your feedback Danielle! We're really glad that The Fireplace Company has been able to get off of pen and paper management an you're using the customization options. We're always here if you need anything!

Angela W.

Excellent for a service company

Reviewed on 2019/05/12

Pros

As a service company this works great for scheduling technicians, creating invoices and estimates, and even tracking employees on the map with the GPS feature. The customer service is pretty great as they usually respond to a chat with in 10 minutes or so and can almost always fix the problem.

Cons

The clock in feature when we tried it was a mess so had to switch to TSheets for clocking in, but they may have fixed it by now.

Response from mHelpDesk

Angela, thank you for the review! We're happy to hear that our scheduling, invoices, and GPS features are working well for your business and that our Customer Support team has been helpful. Thank you for your business.

Nick S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Never Disappointed!

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Pros

The ease of use and great customer support service. If I have questions I can easily chat. If it complex they will call you directly. I usually get any issues resolved quickly. The issues are usually user error. They take suggestions, and those suggestions can actually come to fruition.

Cons

That I don’t put it to better use. I really need to sit down and take more time to just go through all the things it can do and see how I could implement more of the features.