Zoho Connect

Enterprise private social network

• Industry: Management Consulting

Exactly what small teams need

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

I absolutely love the "manuals" feature where you are able to create standard operating procedures with ease and share them with specific colleagues and groups. I also love the video conferencing feature that also allows scheduling.

The learning curve is very steep and it's easy to implement in teams.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use, it's very intuitive and it has enough features to make it worthwhile using. What's also great is the integration with other tools like Zoho CRM and Zoho Projects for scraping tasks or Google Calendar for syncing events.

It's very simplistic in nature and that's what makes it great. Need a full-fledged project management software? Go use Zoho Projects. Need instant communication? Use Zoho Cliq.

Still Zoho Connect serves us as a central hub to manage the different applications and have a neat and easy to understand interface for the most important tasks.

Cons

There are some quirks I'm not happy with like that you aren't able to edit the forum posts of other members, only your own. Also the mobile app doesn't allow the creation of new forum posts.

Chris A.

Layout not perfect

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

Functionality wise, its good and got all the features. Definitely good to use as price is affordable.

Cons

Quality on graphics are not good, and the way it helps to navigate is still confusing. Little bit have to improve.

Geraldine M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The ideal social network for companies

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

We have created communities and groups with the students of our training courses, that has allowed us to maintain direct contact with them and verify the impact of our training activities, we also pay attention to the suggestions and requests that they make us in regards to the topics We are interested in this in terms of technology and telecommunication. On the other hand, it keeps us in contact with training centers in other countries, with which we exchange knowledge and training

Pros

It is a meeting place that helps develop our capacity for professional collaboration, because it allows you to connect with people with professional experience and colleagues, create your own community, and increase productivity in your office and work team. You can create varied communication channels in chat rooms, forums, groups, blog, among other

Cons

It would be good to add more applications to the list of integrations

David E.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Yo! Yo! get Zoho... Connect & more!!

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

It's also probably worth a mention the cost is less than /user/mo. AND they give us 2mos. free for subscribing annually. If we weren't so Windows heavy I feel like we could move from MS (Office365) for email, our calendars, & more, wishing we could further integrate with their solutions for ZohoMail, et al.

Pros

One of the best in class solutions. I've often used SharePoint (who hasn't) as a project collaboration tool. Zoho Connect makes it so much easier! Rather than a file sharing tool spun into an Instant Messenger, Zoho Connect is a device agnostic communication platform truly driving productivity.

Cons

What is their NOT to like? Maybe the logo...the toddler like A,B,C building blocks don't exactly scream "Enterprise Solution" :) Book-cover aside, on its proverbial-pages, I find it to be a feature rich & my team never has to worry about how/where/when they can access the tool.

Leo M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Your social network in business

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

You can communicate well with this.

Pros

You will be easily connected to your co-employees. Communicating with them is much more easier inside the office. Great value for your money.

Cons

Setting it up is quite confusing at first. But you will get the hang of it.

John H.

All Your Company's Documentation in One Place

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

We use Zoho Connect to house our policies and procedures, as well as our individual departmental manuals. The app can do so much more, but we just haven't gotten around to using all of it yet.

Cons

For us, you can't export an entire manual, just individual sections/chapters.

Bob B.

Great for Collaboration

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

Make's it easy to stay connected to co-workers from anywhere with a signal. Real-time chats with ability to send images and utilize all the standard features from any normal messenger client.

Cons

Not a great API for integration with other home grown software. Not able to link in and integrate with other business applications.

Morgan M.

Customize to meet your needs

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

I am able to organize requests from various stakeholders, categorize them, schedule follow-ups, and document conversations/collateral all through the same platform.

Pros

I like that it is a very adaptable product. My colleague and I both use it and she is sales and I am marketing so we are coming from two completely different angles.

Abigail M.

Middle of the Road

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

I installed Zoho at the request of a colleague of mine, as he uses it primarily for the remote access feature. After poking around on it, I found that I wasn't incredibly impressed by any of the features. In my personal opinion (take what you will from it), it adequately performs all of the services it offers, but fails to stand out as being better than any other company that provides the same services.

Melissa R.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 2016/10/10

Katarzyna (kat) K.

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

Amazingly usable project management, business management tool, and repository

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

We move the active phases of our projects into this app for management using kanban. We also use it to assign tasks to individuals, keep a company calendar, store commonly used files there, have a company manual, and it logs our chat on Zoho Cliq. It is currently the central hub of everything we do.

Pros

This is the most underrated product that Zoho provides. They also don't do a great job at explaining what it does, so I will.

Connect offers teams, a hub in which to run a business. This includes calendars, events, tasks, kanban boards, chat, files repository, manuals/documents, and a link for Zoho Creator apps to sit in. Any combination of permissions both matrix and hierarchical are possible with no limitation. You can limit access on a group or individual basis to anything you decide.

If you take the time, and learn to set this up the exact way you need, it will combine the power of Dropbox, Trello, Google Calendar, Slack and Evernote, all in one place. Furthermore, if you need something specific, then you can quickly create it in Zoho Creator and it will sit under a tab in Connect.

Cons

Nothing. I think it's fantastic. They could make it better by integration it into the other Zoho apps more, like Teamdrive.

Iris T.

Business social network

Reviewed on 2018/03/17

The truth is that with the free version, it has a great scope to try with many users (unlimited). One other limiting but very complete.

Pros

The way you can maintain communication, organization, projects and everything related to the company is excellent. For a growing company, this is a good choice.

Natasha A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Tool for collaborating and communicating ideas

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

We use it when we have to carry out academic courses in other cities and we need to organize the logistics of everything with the personnel located in those offices, diminishes notably the distance and has allowed us to coordinate from the central office the trainings without needing to make previous trips and unnecessary expenses.

Pros

Effective for organized collaborative work, communication of very good range of connection through various channels, the platform is attractive and pleasant use nothing complicated, is easy to configure and their plans are accessible to any type of company. The calendar is phenomenal and the function to schedule notifications is very precise.

Cons

It is necessary to improve the mobile application and include as many functions as possible, this will facilitate the work for many.

Scott S.
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Zoho Connect

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Overall experience was not great. I ended up going with different software. RemotePC

Pros

I tried the free trial for our company. I was not happy with the price and it just wasn't as user-friendly as I needed.

Cons

The price was not the best. The support during the free trial was not great either. I had problems with it from the start.

Lucy B.

Reviewed on 2015/10/08

Shivangi K.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Good tracker

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Overall project information is stored at one place.

Pros

It has nice layout with easy to use panels.
It allows me and my team to chat and collaborate all documents through connected cloud services - google drive and drop box .
Even it includes calendar functionality.

Cons

It 's premium packaging pricing is high.

Casey F.

It's the New Company Water Cooler!

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

I love Zoho Connect. It's social media meets the modern day water cooler. Our team can collaborate, promote job fairs, tailor pages to the viewer's needs. I love it.

Claude W.

Not my first choice

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

Great for channel communication in real time, using Feeds. The Groups was a great space for collaborative work.

Cons

I've used Zoho for 6 months, however the team did not respond very well to it. They didn't find it to fit in with our work culture and approach, actually we choice a different platform. I'd be happy to review this in a year though as I think it has great potential.

Joseph C.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Eric B.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

My review

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Pros

We were able to connect the entire team in one spot easily.

Cons

Overall it was not great to use and we ended up using other platforms

Faruk A.

Reviewed on 2016/07/12

Rishabh S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 2016/06/05

• Industry: Government Administration

Great communication tool to compete tasks

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

The overall experience I have had has been a positive one, where I can jot different things down to each team member and see what I am assigned to as well.

Pros

I like that I can add certain individuals to a task I need to complete to get their input or have them complete a piece I need to complete my project.

Cons

I don't like that there can be a bunch of different chats open or in the list all at once. They need to have a task expiration or something. Maybe I don't see where this can be added. User rights maybe.

Laurent C.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The perfect Intranet for a company

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

The tool has been adopted very easily by our employees and its ability to integrate with the other business tools is a strong asset.

Pros

The key success factors for an Intranet is to provide users with:
- Business value & efficiency
- User friendliness & ease of access
- Interactivity & possibility for a user to be an actor (not only passive).
Zoho Connect has it all!

Cons

The design is clearly business oriented and puts efficiency before fancy design.