Comm100 Live Chat

4,7
4,6
Drew P.
Industry: Computer Software

This is a great tool for providing live chat to our customers. We've been using it for 2.5 years now

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Easy interaction with customers.

Pros

Easy to get up and running and customize. Easy to manage multiple interactions. Switching between devices or refreshing browser doesn't lose session.

Cons

When there are problems it can be a bit of a blackbox. No real troubleshooting tools. Can't monitor chats on the mobile app.

Response from Comm100

Hi Drew, thank you for taking time to leave us detailed comments. Glad to hear that you find our live chat product easy to use. Regarding the troubleshooting tools, may I know what kind of tools you'd like to have and the issues you run into? It would be great if you could contact our support team for suggestions and for troubleshooting. They can be reached at [email protected], or you can chat with us online. For monitoring chats on the mobile app, we'll send it to our product team as feedback for future improvement. Thank you.

Chris D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Everything you could want from a live chat system and more...

Reviewed on 2020/09/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The ability to provide solid, fluid, customer service. It seems a basic requirement and one all live chat providers should be able to meet, but after experience with numerous other providers, Comm100 has been the only one that has provided a consistency high level of service to internal teams and our customers. High availability built in makes it stress-free.

Engagement and relationships with our customers have certainly improved and we hope to be with Comm100 for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Comm100 has excellent features, a good range of tools and is well-priced compared to some competitors. It's not as cheap as some alternatives but you really do get what pay for with Comm100. We've been with Comm100 for around 4 years now since making the move from LivePerson and it has improved the service and customer relations to no end. The system is easy it use and fluid from both agent and customer's perspective. The system has a plethora of different integrations through their library of pre-built integrations such as SalesForce, or if you have any self-hosted reporting does then you can integrate directly through the Comm100 API.

Cons

In our experience we have come across nothing negative. There have been features that didn't exist or work for our particular use case in the beginning but Comm100 do not shy away from addressing customer needs and many development requests we've made have been considered and deployed to the platform.

Karim A.
Industry: Information Services

Comm100 didn't care about our data

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

The whole company should be closed down and the owners made to sell their private assets to compensate the people who they have let down

Pros

nothing any more - I have to fill the box with this other blurb just to reach the minimum character count

Cons

the fact that after confirming in writing that they were going to continue supprt for the User and Contact module they just deleted our entire data right in the middle of us working on it. Their wholly inadequate system would not even allow us to back up any more than about 1 MB at at a time. I am surprised they are still in business

Response from Comm100

Hi Karim,

There may have been a misunderstanding here. Before discontinuing our User and Contact products, we ran a multi-month notification campaign and sent many emails to administrators. Users of the product were advised to download their data in advance of the close date. That being said, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused you, and would like to offer you and your team 3 months of Comm100 for free. If you are interested, or need more help from us, please chat with us on our website.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Rob H.
Industry: Retail

Comm100 has good pricing and functionality

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Good customer service, good team, excellent follow through and easy to launch

Pros

The pricing and features of this chat product is definitely top notch. The features included make it for an excellent, full experience for the agent and the customer

Cons

The reporting is very lacking. Splitting out agents can be challenging. We normally will download to excel and apply pivot tables to get the information we need. It would be nice to have a click and go option within the application though

Amit M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Better way to communicate

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Pros

Very Friendly - Handled many other chat programs, but i find comm100 very friendly and very easy to navigate, with minimum setting one can setup and use it within minutes.

Excellent Reporting - Reporting mechanism is very robust, with a click you can see complete report.

Comm100 can categorize incoming communications to proper department, which is one of the excellent feature, we can then transfer those chat to separate operators.

Another best feature is the Ban list, where you can ban those fake people and irritating customer who has nothing to do with your product.

Cons

Slightly contradict with pros that i have written above with reports, slightly more in-depth would be excellent, for example few days back i wanted to take report of chats volume with time, but i could do only with half-an-hour distribution, if it could be more details would have been very helpful.

Glenn L.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Online Chat Services

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Being available to our visitors when they are most interested. Unfortunately many clients rarely utilize chat, but for those that do, we're here!

Pros

Very easy to use. I think web visitors have an expectation that companies have an online chat service. Comm100 does just that. One of the nice features is that it is not a bot. A real human interacts with the customer.

Cons

Really can't think of anything. Support is good. Product does what it is supposed to do. Good company. Only concern is that many CRMs are beginning to provide chat as a free benefit. Thought about changing, however I know I can trust Comm100.

I have been using comm100 for the last 5 and a half years now. So far so good.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

COMM100 is of utmost importance if a business is serious about engaging its clients on a day to day basis. If a start-up is to effectively communicate with its clients at any one time, then this live chat software and its chatbox service cannot be ignored. At Africa Sunset Travel Solutions, COMM100 is simply indispensable despite its high monthly costs.

Pros

1. Comm100 has no downtimes. This chat software never goes down unless your hosting solution is down.
2. ChatBot: Comm100 have introduced a great auto-responding bot. This is extremely useful when I am offline. I just have to feed the data and viola! It responds given terms typed by my client.

Cons

Comm100 is quite expensive. There are numerous free software out there. However, given their efficiency, I would still recommend them.

Response from Comm100

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear how useful Comm100 Live Chat has been for your business, and especially great to hear how helpful Chatbot has been to you! We're really proud of this new automation functionality and it's fantastic to hear you're getting very good use out of it. We are releasing an updated version of our Chatbot soon this month - you'll receive a notification when this happens. If you ever have any other comments, questions or suggestions, please feel free to visit our Feedback Forum (https://comm100.uservoice.com/) where our team would love to hear more about how we can continue to improve our product to meet your needs. Thanks again for your review!

Reni N.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use and navigate

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Sales and conversion - revenue increase

Pros

User friendly , variety of options - great opportunity for customization and adjustment to your company`s needs

Cons

design- view adjustments for users` need more options so that user can adjust to his preferences - especially eye - color , brightness , spell check , fonts customization .

Response from Comm100

Hi Reni, thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating, it's great to hear you're finding out feature set useful. Regarding the design view adjustments you mentioned, I have sent them on to our product team for future consideration. Meanwhile, you are always welcome to leave any feature requests or product feedback at our Feedback Forum (https://comm100.uservoice.com/). Your ideas are fantastic for our product team to help develop the product that our customers want. Thank you again for your review!

Gene P.
Industry: Financial Services

Nice digital conversation platform!

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

Pros

I enjoy using this digital conversation platform s it allows me a combination of mobile, web and messaging. The support of this software is pretty good.

Cons

A drawback is that only one theme is available. Also, it would be nice to have an ability to provide a direct feedback.

Response from Comm100

Hi Gene, 5 stars across the board ¿ you're going to make us blush! Great to hear that you appreciate Comm100's mobile optimization, multichannel support, and customer service. As for the agent console theme, we are currently working on improving our user interface and I have shared your note with the product team who will consider it for our product roadmap. Regarding direct feedback, you can always share your suggestions for Comm100 on our customer feedback forum (https://comm100.uservoice.com). We are always looking to improve, so please share any thoughts you have on our product with us. Thanks for the great review Gene!

Pete S.
Industry: Tobacco

Comm100 is a must have for your business

Reviewed on 2020/08/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Comm100 is easily customizable and satisfies all of our needs for a customer facing communication solution. We as a company started out with only the chat software, and a few add ons but as we quickly built confidence in it, we decided to go all out and utilize their AI chatbot and other amazing features.

Cons

Of course there are hiccups when implementing any new software but I can't thank Comm100's Success Team enough for being so readily available to answer any questions or help us through processes. They really do go above and beyond the level of service expected.

Coreyna B.
Industry: Real Estate

The only chat / omnichannel customer support platform you'll ever need

Reviewed on 2019/03/24

We use Comm100 for most of our customer support but the livechat is where it really shines. The customizes automatic invites, modern responsive design, knowledgebase and canned messages have helped us leap ahead of our competition in terms of our customer experience and this is reflected in our reviews. We are working on expanding into using Comm100 for 100% of our helpdesk experience and so far things have been going great.

Pros

Extremely feature rich. It boasts everything the industry leading softwares have and yet isn't as expensive. There isn't so far anything that we've wanted to do that we've not been able to. It's also really a software that can grow and scale with you. We started out on the most basic version several years ago and have opted in to addons (e.g the knowledgebase) over time as well as moving up to higher version as necessary. The sales team have been helpful every step of the way in putting together a package that is perfectly tailored to our needs that year.

Comm100 is very regularly updated and it's obvious that the makers are putting a lot of thought into the upgrades and what features and improvements are in demand now! In particular the new modern UI has been great.

Really, really, really easy to use. What put me off about a lot of competing softwares is the steep learning curves both for initial setup and for staff to use ongoing. Many of the staff in our business are non-technical but we haven't even had to conduct training, they were able to use Comm100 straight out of the box.

Really personal feel from the support team. They always give quick and helpful responses to any questions (however dumb). You're not on your own with Comm100.

Cons

We've never really experienced any problem with Comm100. Anything we didn't like has been improved with newer versions of the software and in one instances a custom fix from the support team just for us.

Dobromir H.
Industry: Accounting

I can say that my overall experience is pretty good. I like working with this software.

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

The chat is user friendly and easy to use. It's quick and smooth. I like the custom/personal canned messages and I use them a lot. I am always informed about the down times of the servers and the software updates. The admin panel of the chat has pretty useful tools. The history and report sections are full of options and different gadgets that I use every day.

Cons

I do not like that the chat agents have only 1 available theme. The old version of the chat was a lot darker and when we changed to the new chat , I had a hard time to get used with it. Now , we are not able to change that while/light theme. I would love if we have at least 1 available dark theme.

There is no "Feedback/Bug/Report" Button. There was a Feedback button ,however it was available for short period of time when the new chat was introduced. I found a few bugs, that I would like to report , however with no feedback button I am not able to do it.

Response from Comm100

Hi Dobromir, thanks for providing such detailed comments! We're happy that you enjoy using our live chat product. Sorry to hear that you find our new theme too bright and prefer a dark theme. We've already sent this feedback to our product team for further improvement. Regarding the Feedback/Bug/Report button, it was introduced to collect feedback for our beta version of HTML5 based Agent Console. That's why it's not available when the HTML5 based Agent Console is out of beta. The good news is that we're actually planning to add it back to the Agent Console, enabling our customers to submit feedback easily on a regular basis. And at present, for any feedback you might have, please send them to [email protected], or chat with us online. Thanks again for your review.

Elitsa H.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Comm100

Reviewed on 2018/09/09

Pros

I have had a very good experience with using the Com100 Live chat the past 3 years. What I love most is that we can actually see the logs from previous coversations with customers which makes it easy to respond quickly to customers' queries. There are a lot of statistics options to follow the number of customers who are using the service and the workload during a certain period of time . Customer's can also rate the service and provide us with feedback which helps us ipmrove.

Cons

After the release of a new version there were a few things which I did not like - such as the skin of the chat platform, some bugs and lags were appearing while chatting with the customers, however the Comm100 team managed to fix these after the provided by us feedback, so I am overall happy with the Comm100 platform.

Response from Comm100

Hello Elitsa,

Thank you for the review and product feedback. We think our integrated chat history functionality is a great tool for faster issue resolution, and we¿re happy that you think so too. We also like hearing that our customer support team was able to resolve those issues facing your team. In addition, we are working on upgrading our UI and reviews like yours help build a case internally for this. If you have any other thoughts on what you want to see in the future from Comm100, please share them on our customer feedback forum (https://comm100.uservoice.com). Thanks again Elitsa!

Sally P.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Growing My Business

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Pros

We started an ecommerce website and were getting random hits. Then we came across Comm100. Once we started using it our sales increased. People who were on the fence about ordering came into chat and when they had their questions answered felt comfortable ordering. People love the personal aspect that they are talking to someone real not a computer.

It's also very nice to be able to have multiple operators. This allows us to take our small business anywhere. We can answer our chat when answering a phone would be very inconvenient. Plus since I can put it on my cell phone it comes with me all the time. I'm not tied down to an office.

The ease of use is great. I love the canned messages feature. This allows for personal answers to the questions still but not having to type them every time. This is great for common answers and wrapping up the chat.

I highly recommend this service!!

Cons

The customer inputs their question/reason for wanting a chat and I have to go look for it. I wish it would pop up in the chat once I answer so the customer doesn't have to re-ask it or ask if I had read it.

Jennifer C.

User friendly, sometimes technical issues.

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

Pros

It offers the support needed to operate our program. It is helpful to have canned messages and an after hours answering service.

Cons

You do not have control (that I know of) to the tabs on the back end for reporting/sorting. So for instance, when ratings were taken off of the visible information, we needed to start opening up each chat in order to view this.

Response from Comm100

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your comments. We are very sorry to hear that you've experienced some technical issues with us. We've reviewed your file and a member of our team will be reaching out to you to find out more details.

For controlling the tabs on the back end for reporting/sorting, we strive to implement a system that meets the requirements of the majority of our clients. We're sorry to hear that in this case a change made has been inconvenient to you.

If we understand correctly, you'd like to have a rating field on the Chats page of the control pane. Is this correct? Although this is not possible on the Chats page, you can view scores in the Rating report, or filter this over any period of time and export the data to work with it further.

I hope this solution works for you - if not, please contact us at [email protected], and we'll look into it further for you. We're always open to feedback on how our service can be improved. Thanks again for your helpful feedback.

Jit T.
Industry: Design

Easy to use overall.

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Able to give good customer service through chat. We would like for you guys to make the icons for customers and also for us to attach files or send documents more visible and easier to access.

Pros

Ease of use. Most of the time its been very reliable with very little down-time.
I like the ability to join or monitor a chat with great ease.

Cons

You guys should have better phone support. Normally, its only via email or chat. It would also be nice if you can offer screen shares at the basic package instead of having it as just a premium option. There are other companies that offer this. And Skype for example too has screen shares.

Response from Comm100

Hi Jit, thank you for taking time to share your feedback. Our phone support time is from 9AM to 5PM PDT. If you want to talk, you can find our support team at this time period on the phone, our phone number is 1-877-305-0464.

For your suggestions about screen sharing and the icons for attaching files or sending documents, we'll share them with our product and design team.

We're also planning a product release with new and improved live chat button and window designs in the mid- October. By that time, the icon for customers to attach files will be changed to a paper clip. If you have any icons you like, please feel free to share them with us at [email protected] Thanks again.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mark G.
Industry: Computer Software

Comm100 works for us

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

We have been with Comm100 since the beginning and they have always been the glue that connects us to our customers. We are a virtual company with employees all over the country, yet with Comm100 we have a centralized platform that allows us to stay on top of any communication from our customers or prospects. Before purchasing Comm100 we looked at every alternative out there and Comm100 was the only one that flowed the way we flowed. We depend on it every day and it never let's us down. We currently integrated a complete suite of web tools from another company to run our business but we are sticking with Comm100 for our customer interaction.

Pros

It gives all the necessary info about each chat request before we answer. That is invaluable. When we pick up a chat, we know everything that is required to handle the customer's needs. We have looked at other chat programs and it seems like they just don't get it. Comm100, whether by design or just luck, works perfectly for out Customer Support and Sales. Between the web, mobile and Windows app we have complete control of our customer support.

Cons

We have no complaints. Comm100 fits all of our needs. Of course we look forward to the improvements in the future.

Nevena D.

Comm100 Live Help(chat)

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

Great job to the developers, product runs smoothly

Pros

This software fits great our organization needs, we use it as a chat channel to communicate with our customers, perform both sales and customer service. Clients also love it, they can rate the chat session after it ends or automatically receive copy of the chat log if requested. Servers are good and never failed us, we have 24/7 support and use this chat constantly. Admin panel is also great as you could set different options and observe operators work, chat session are saved and also connected to the database where operators can attach them after each chat. Reports show many useful stats that can make you plan the business!

Cons

Nothing bad to say as chat has been really useful for us!

Response from Comm100

Hi Nevena,

Thanks for the 5 stars! You¿re going to make our developers blush with all these kind words. I¿m also glad to hear that you find our platform to be top notch in terms of reliability. I know you have nothing bad to say but if you think of any capability you would like to see from our product in the future please let us know on our customer feedback forum (https://comm100.uservoice.com). Thanks from the Comm100 team!

Borislav B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Comm100

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

Great experience so far, pleasure to work with and to communicate with the support if needed!

Pros

I've been working with comm100 live help for years already, great product with many options. We use it for communication with our clients and it never failed us. You can by slots for as many operators as you need to and set different option for each of them such as quantity of customer that can be accepted per operator, auto accept option, option to get offline message if there are no operators online. Many many settings, also in terms of extracting reports and monitor the operators. With the admin rights you can manage everything you need to!

Cons

Products is regularly updated so there is nothing bad to say, price could be an issue for some companies as you pay per operator(slot)

Response from Comm100

Hey Borislav,

It¿s really awesome that you¿ve used our product for so long and have had such a great experience with it. Our product team has worked very hard to create a robust and powerful tool so I will be sure to pass your kind words on to them. If you have any ideas on how we can improve please tell us on our customer feedback forum (https://comm100.uservoice.com). Thanks again Borislav!

Dima E.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Pros

Comm100 offers everything you can possibly think of needing as a chat agent . It supports as many users as needed ,provides real time data for the visitors of both the chat and your site and keeps a detailed record for each agent's performance .

Cons

It currently only supports a very bright skin ,which is unpleasant to look at and can be hurtful towards the eyes .Apparently there has been work towards a richer selection ,but we haven't seen the results yet .

Response from Comm100

Hi Dima, thanks for the 5 stars! We always love hearing from our customers, especially when they say "our product has everything you can possible think of needing as a chat agent". We also love getting constructive feedback as it's the key to meeting our goal of providing the best possible user experience. Regarding the agent console skin, I've shared your feedback with our product team and we are currently working on a project to improve our user interface. A great way to fast-track your ideas to our product roadmap, and cast your vote on other suggested product updates, is on our customer feedback forum (https://comm100.uservoice.com). Our development team looks at every request that is left there. Thanks again for the review Dima!

Teodora D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Comm100 review by Teodora Dimitrova

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

It is good, strong connection 24/7, good dictionary and auto correct, good statistic and reports can be loaded, easy to manage operators, no limit of the chat accepted.

Pros

Runs with a desktop program and online in any browser. Good server that never let us down and we always had good connection as well as our customers on the other side

Cons

The new update was not that good it made the program too bright and you cannot customize that, it is not very cheap when many operators have to operate at the same time as you buy a slot

Response from Comm100

Thanks so much for the 5-star review Teodora. We have worked hard to achieve industry's best up-time with our MaximumOn technology, so we're thrilled to hear that our servers have never let you down. It's also good to know that you find our product easy to use and get value from our reporting capabilities. Regarding the Agent Console brightness, this has been passed on to our product team and there are plans in the works to offer more customizability in our UI. If you have any other product suggestions, we'd love to hear about it on our customer feedback forum (https://comm100.uservoice.com). Thanks again Teodora!

Sharlea S.
Industry: E-Learning

I find that Comm100 tends to have sporadically.

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

It helps me assist multiple customers at a time.

Pros

I love the features it has and the abilities that you have to customize it. I also like the many reports that you have to choose from.

Cons

The glitches. Sometimes the window freezes, sometimes my responses are delayed to our customers, also sometimes they don't see my responses at all.

Response from Comm100

Hi Sharlea, thanks for your comments. We're glad that you love the features of our chat system, but we're sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some glitches. We've reviewed your account, and noticed that you are using an outdated version of our Agent Console app, which can cause the issues you're experiencing.

We have since switched to a more reliable HTML5 based technology, and if you can upgrade to the latest version, that will stop the issues you describe from reoccurring. You can upgrade to our new Agent Console by uninstalling the old app and installing the new one from https://www.comm100.com/livechat/desktopchat.aspx. We'll arrange for a member of our team to reach out to you to follow up and make sure that you've seen an improvement once you've done this. Thanks again for your helpful feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Comm100 is mobile friendly!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Real time support system to support customers. During a chat, agents can write notes or client information so that if the customer comes back to chat in the future, a history is already there.

Cons

It will be nice to have an auto-log out if agent has been idle for more than 30 mins. Also, maybe a alarm reminder if the client the agent is chatting with has not replied for more than 2 mins.

Response from Comm100

Hi there, thank you for taking time to write us a review. It's great to hear that you've found our live chat to be mobile friendly and that it keeps a good record of customer
inquiries. Regarding auto-log out, you can set this up in our desktop version (Please go to https://www.comm100.com/livechat/download.aspx to download.) As for the alarm reminder, you can set up a similar function through automatically stopping chats if visitors go inactive. Please refer to this article https://www.comm100.com/livechat/knowledgebase/set-up-a-timer-to-automatically-stop-chats-if-visitors-have-been-inactive.html for details. If you would like to have a specific alarm on agent side, you are always welcome to leave your thoughts in our Feedback Forum (https://comm100.uservoice.com/). We always appreciate any ideas to help us make our product better for you, and our team consider every suggestion left. Thank you again for your review!

Carmen H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Love this product! Everything is readily available for your use in the desktop and web application.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Ability to monitor all incoming chats from clients regardless of the operator.

Pros

I can see what a client is typing prior to receiving the direct response which allows me to begin research and fast response times.

Cons

With all the updates, it looks the ability to keep track of how long a person is waiting in the chat is not present anymore. This helps my team as we have a certain amount of minutes in the middle of each response to get back or check up on clients.

Response from Comm100

Hi Carmen, thank you for your feedback about our product. We are glad to hear that both the desktop and web version work well for you. It is also good to know that you are finding it useful to view messages before they are sent. In terms of why you are not able to view how long a person is waiting in chat, please check the bottom left of your Agent Console interface where there should be a Settings icon and tick 'Show agent unresponsive time' to enable the wait time display. If you have problem fixing this, please feel free to contact our customer support team via live chat for more detailed guidance. Thank you again for the feedback!

Erica B.

Comm100 has helped us streamline our chat and provide better support.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

The ability to monitor all chats for the supervisors is incredibly helpful to make sure all of our agents are giving the most accurate information while remaining friendly.

Cons

The inability to send messages as a supervisor in a chat being handled by another agent. Sending them directly to the agent means they are often missed.

Response from Comm100

Hi Erica, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Happy to hear that our live chat helps you provide better support. We understand that sometimes chats require management involvement. Sending messages as a supervisor in a chat is good, but the visitor might feel like a message from a stranger appears out of the blue. A suggestion is to use the Join Chat feature so that the visitor knows another person is joining the chat. Upon entering the chat conversation, you can introduce yourself, and address the case over chat. Hope this helps. If not, please contact our support team at [email protected], or chat with us online so that we can discuss further and better meet your needs.