Jehan N.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

By far our best recurring billing option & amazing customer support

Reviewed on 2015/06/26

My experience with ChargeOver and their customer support team has been a very surprising in a great way. I have looked at many billing solutions over the years and none of them did exactly what I needed them to do when it comes to recurring billing. They required their own processors, or charged % of revenue which is ridiculous especially if you are generating significant revenue every month.

What sold me initially was that I could use my own gateway and preferred merchant pricing I had already established. I could also do automated recurring ACH's which was was also huge. The biggest seller and the biggest of all is the integration into Quickbooks desktop which a lot of others I tried but did not integrate correctly and wasted a ton of time reverting back. Finally the price for the service was extremely reasonable as well.

After we signed up there was some initial setup tasks that took about a week to work through but that was because we needed some customization that they took care of extremely fast and had us up and running. Using the desktop Quickbooks there were some minor issues here and there to start out with but over time they got addressed and the product today is much more useful.

What saves us the most amount of time is the automated processing and if cards don't go through the system will generate the emails for you and send links so the client can directly process. When you have 100's of clients this saves a significant amount of time.

Also this week we just switched from Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks online. I was a little apprehensive about switching but am happy to say it only took us under 4 hours to do the switch and fix any minor sync issues. I was expecting a week or two but half a day was it.

The last thing I will say is the response time for any issues and follow up of the team there has been amazing. They are very reachable and get done what you need when you need it.

Pros

1) Features
2) Price
3) Customization
4) Responsiveness of Customer Support
5) Ease of Use
6) Amazing ROI
7) Integration to QB, QBOnline and Xero

Cons

1) Initial setup takes a few days if you need customizations
2) Advanced reporting is not there yet but heard in the works
3) If using the desktop version sometimes the sync doesn't work due to QB desktop locking the records so need to be careful to close and restart QB (Could just have been our workstation too). Now that we are on QB Online there is no issue

Andrew L.

Perfect Solution to Avoid Accounts Receivable

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

I don't have to have an employee dedicated to accounts receivable anymore. Customers can self serve and we don't have to remember to bill them individually. It is all automated

Pros

Automated email reminders and the ability for customers to change their own billing information is very helpful.

Cons

Poor mobile accessibility can be a deal breaker for most. It is very bad. I believe they are working on it and their customer support is incredible, but I spoke to them about it about 6 months ago and it's still bad.

Response from ChargeOver

Thank you Andrew!

Casey B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Software, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Overall, ChargeOver has helped simplify our auto-billing process. The technical support & customer service we have received is top notch. We will definitely recommend ChargeOver to anyone looking for recurring billing software.

Pros

ChargeOver is very simple and so easy to navigate. It has everything we want in an auto-billing software and the customer support is outstanding. We mentioned that it would be helpful to include an invoice due date on the pdf invoice for our customers because we have net-15 payment terms. ChargeOver made it happen with the next software update. So impressed! We also love that ChargeOver will automatically email customers when their card is expiring soon, their payment was declined, they need to update their payment information, etc. This saves so much time on our admin side and takes the stress out of remembering to do this ourselves.

Cons

There are some settings within ChargeOver where you have to contact your account administrators to activate them. For example, ChargeOver gives the option to have custom fields show up on invoices; however when I filled out the field, it didn't show up at all on our invoices. It wasn't until I contacted our representative at ChargeOver that I realized we had to request to have these custom fields activated. The positive in all of this is that ChargeOver has the ability to customize your experience with the software and your customer's experience, you just have to ask!

Clinton B.

Pretty Good Billing Service

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

I would recommend this program based on my experience so far with Chargeover

Pros

You can create custom reports and have them send it to you on a regular basis

Cons

Sometimes the information saved does not always translate to the software so mistakes have been made

Brady J.

Brady's ChargeOver Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

I've been using ChargeOver for about 9 month's. It has been the easiest to use that I have found. It is much easier to search for specific customers to see where they are at with their payments. I love the payment summary page which outlines the total opportunity. The recent History is awesome which tracks everything you have viewed recently. You can easily lookup invoices & Payments from the Home screen. Overall, my experience using ChargeOver has been awesome and I would recommend it to everyone looking for subscription and recurring billing.

Pros

Recurring billing and ease of use. Very intuitive. Recent History.

Cons

Search struggles at times pulling up the right customers by keyword. Not all the time but sometimes.

Response from ChargeOver

Thanks for the review Brady! We have some new new search updates coming down the pipeline.

Tish S.

Simple to use

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Chargeover is very simple and easy to use. Without any experience, I was able to start using CO right away. Their support team is also very responsive. Questions are answered quickly. Highly recommended.

Jeff G.

Our search for a recurring billing platform has concluded!

Reviewed on 2015/06/30

We've gone through 4 different billing platforms previously, and although things got better, none were able to REALLY meet our needs - until we found chargeover.

We're a specialist agency with recurring billing, and chargeover was perfect. It fit our billing model, and didn't require us to do weird things like sell "500 units at $1 each" instead of $500 like one vendor wanted.

The Xero Integration is a dream come true for financial projects and reporting, and the support from Chargeover is great. We can just call and speak to someone and they'll help us. Especially in light of the hatred directed by our staff at the previous billing platform, chargeover is a dream come true. Everyone loves it.

Plus the company is young (but has enough clients to be stable to make not nervous) and nimble, and they are constantly improving the software, several times at our request to accommodate a few minor tweaks we wanted.

If you're an agency or you need recurring billing, you should add chargeover to your list of platforms to checkout.

Kevin H.

Great Product and Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

We've loved every minute of our experience with ChargeOver. There were countless hours spent invoicing in the past, now it's just done automatically! I cannot talk highly enough on how great the support team is to work with.

Pros

It is very affordable and saves so much time. I wanted it to work with Quickbooks Online and it has been seamless.

Cons

The only thing I could possibly say bad about ChargeOver is the user interface could use an appearance update.

Jared E.

Great tool for invoicing

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

I've searched all kinds of tools for invoicing our clients, and needed two specific features that weren't easy to find. 1) I needed a tool that allowed us to create a detailed invoice that was on a recurring billing schedule 2) It needed to sync with our credit card processor BluePay and also sync with QuickBooks online. I found these two features in Charge over and it has made our business run much smoother.

Response from ChargeOver

Thanks for the great review Jared! We're happy to have you as a customer!

Sarah S.
  • Industry: Online Media

ChargeOver

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

My company was looking for a tool that had the ability to automatically charge our customers, but also be able to automatically adjust the invoices based on member count status. This product would need to be able to integrate with our accounting software to process payment and our company website to track users. Then we found ChargeOver, which does that and MORE! We did a lot of product research, and no other software can even come close to offering what ChargeOver does at such a low price.

Pros

The customer service is truly unparalleled. Also, ChargeOver's API can be used for integration with what seems to be any product under the sun. Lastly, the cost is incredibly reasonable.

Cons

I have nothing negative to report about this software.

Response from ChargeOver

Thank you Sarah! We're happy to have you and the SalesFuel team on board!

Eric T.

Very Easy!

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

I've found that chargeover is very easy to use. Interface is easy and intuitive. Would recommend to anyone!

Pros

It is intuitive

Cons

Nothing

Response from ChargeOver

Thanks for the Five-Star review Eric!

Karly B.

Nicely done

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

It was so wonderful.. I was so happy with the services and the experience. I will definitely tell others about it!

Pros

It's so awesome!

Cons

Haven't found any

Jason R.

No Problems!

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Have been using charge over for 2 years now and have had a good experience with using features and functions

Buffy M.

Reviewed on 2015/08/21

Adrianne M.

Top Notch Software with Customer Service to Match

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

Customer service is the clear star here. I met with the team to talk about our needs and they showed me how Charge Over could help. As I was setting it up for my team, I also had questions which they were super quick to answer via the Live Chat feature. My team is excited to have such a robust invoicing software at their fingertips.

Pros

The user experience is seamless. We work with families who have various struggles with dyslexia, adhd, etc. User experience is everything to us. We want payment processing to be easy to navigate and take care of. Charge Over checks all the boxes.
On the backend, I love the metrics I have and flexibility in using the invoicing. I've tried many other payment processors and always had to create a work around. Charge Over has exactly what I need and then some. I love that I can charge a surcharge for credit card fees and run eCheck payments as well.

Cons

The only thing I'd say missing was video tutorials to show new users how to navigate and when to reach out and ask for help for customized options (which they do to my surprise and delight).

Jake J.

So far this has been a great service!

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Chargeover has worked great for us. We are a SAAS and using it for our AR. We are able to create both nonrecurring and recurring subscriptions and services and save them as templates. Love the services and for the money we get a lot.

Pros

Easy to use! Able to create recurring and nonrecurring billing which works great for our business model.

Cons

We found creating a connection to the API a bit more difficult than we anticipated.

Michael S.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Amazing

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

Pleasant

Great customer service
Great support

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this. Great product.

Jeff G.

After 8 years with 4 different billing systems, we found a home on chargeover

Reviewed on 2015/07/01

Pros

Flat fee
Customization on recurring services for clients
Met our billing model
Customer support is fantastic

Cons

Xero integration is a bit manual, although it works _great_ once it's setup.

Jehan N.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Super happy with ChargeOver

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

We have been using ChargeOver for the past 3 years and the product gets better and better every month! Keith and Ryan are an absolute delight to work with and even with their rapid growth they have kept customer service a major priority. When billing clients there are a lot of things that can go wrong so having the trust that any issues that arise will be handled promptly puts them way above their competition from my perspective. Also, their product integrates into our recurring billing for Quickbooks Online extremely well. Was a super simple transition when we went from the desktop version to online which I was very surprised about. Now it works even better.

Pros

Ease of use, price, and customer service

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to teach new users at first because of all the features but once they get it then it is pretty straight forward

Paul E.

Does exactly what I need

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

ChargeOver's best quality is their customer service and willingness to answer questions even when the answer is staring right out at you in their well organized help and support documentation. We use the software to auto bill our customers and to process one time credit card payments. All automation works wonderfully and once you have everything setup how you desire, there's very little to worry about aside from adding new accounts.

Really, our only complaint comes from the fact that we are a UX/UI design agency. We feel the user interface could be a little easier to use and more modern. Aside from that though, there's not too much to complain about.

Pros

Support, reliability

Cons

Ease of use, customization

Prabha K.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Overall experience with Chargeover has been an excellent so far

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

The software is extremely simple to use. It has very user friendly screens.
It was very easy to set up and integrate with our existing systems.
Their customer service is brilliant

Cons

There is nothing specifically a con that we have at the moment. Our systems have smoothly integrated and are working fine

Response from ChargeOver

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to have you aboard!

Nia F.

It's very easy to use Chargeover. I love the platform

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

I'm fairly new to the Chargeover platform but it is very easy to use and I love the platform. Chargeover allows for easy navigation.

Pros

I love how easy it is to view, update and navigate through customer invoices.

Cons

I do not encounter much problems with the software.

Ryan H.

Makes My Job a Lot Easier!

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

ChargeOver allows our company to bill SaaS customers to do work hassle free! Their support team responds quickly and is very helpful. At our request, several features have been added to improve the integration with QuickBooks Online.

ChargeOver makes the invoicing process basically automated, although I still do a quick monthly audit before sending out. It also improves the accuracy of the transactions, because I don't have to enter each of the invoices manually.

Bethany T.

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

We have been using Chargeover for over 2 years now and are very satisfied! The software is easy to use and the customer service is amazing!

Andrew L.

The Software That Pays For Itself

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

It hadn't occurred to me how much time we were spending trying to chase down clients who had declined payments until we tried ChargeOver. The automated emails letting my customers know that their payment had failed and the ability for them to pay the bill without any interaction from myself or my team is priceless. Customer support representative went above and beyond helping us initially get set up and they haven't let me down. After 2 years of being a client I can honestly say A. It pays for itself and B. It is a lot more efficient and official looking than manual gateway receipts.

Pros

The automation and branded receipts.

Cons

Turning off a customer isn't the easiest thing, but it is minuscule.