4,3
Industry: Computer Software

Versatile Platform for Building Personal Portfolio Website

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Overall I would like to say that Jimdo is very best for a personal portfolio website where you can add your work or experience to show your work to the clients.

But for blogging, that platform is not suitable because there are a lot of technical functions that is not available in Jimdo.

Pros

The most features I like in Jimdo are as below:

1) First of all, when I am signing up with Jimdo, It's very fast and easy to sign up within a minute.
2) The making of a website is very easy and simple to use platform.
3) I am in an e-commerce business also so I need to integrate which manage my orders and they provide e-commerce functionality too.

Cons

There is something that I don't like in Jimdo are as below:

1) Their plans are quite costly and start from 9$ per month and in that they provide basic features.
2) we integrate with e-commerce functionality but there are a lot of technical functions right now use in internet marketing that doesn't provide by Jimdo.
3) There is no option to optimize page with SEO like sitemap, open graph setting, etc.

Charles M.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Jimdo allows me to quickly create content and maintain my website from any browser.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Jimdo help me run my small business. Their site tools are quick and accessible. Their store option is easy to create and link to Paypal for orders, payment and store organization. I can easily change my template for new look to my site. Jimdo sites look good on phone browsers, which is not always the case with websites. Their phone app allows access to some site edits and monitoring site traffic volume and type. I have used other competitor services, but found Jimdo is the most intuitive, easiest to access and tune for q unique look, and most cost effective.

Pros

Jimdo is a great website creator and host. Their menus are easy to learn and get started. You can start a site for free, to see how it goes. There is a great selection of templates to look unique, as well as plenty of opportunities to tune the look with editing and customizing colors, text ,and layouts. Picture uploads got a lot easier, with the ability to edit them. To access/edit your site, simply type your site with /login as a suffix from any browser and you're in. I wanted to change my website name, and the change was flawless. Annual costs are reasonable compared to other services. I had been a GoDaddy user for a couple of years before, and hated their hidden high costs and cumbersome editor.

Cons

Template sites do limit how a site will look, but I'm not a coder, so the templates suit my site well as a small business. I wish they had more fonts, like Microsoft Word.

Cindy J.
Industry: Oil & Energy

RUN from this company!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/02/11

They e-mailed me with instructions to view and pay my invoice via my online account.
The invoice would not pull up.
I emailed them. They repeated what I had already tried. I asked for a phone number to speak with someone. They "do not have a phone number".
Just "take a picture of the screen from your dashboard and send it to us" was their response.
The screen is non existent because they removed my account due to "non payment".
They then send an email stating it is coming up for renewal NEXT MONTH.
They also have threatened to turn me over to a collection agency.
I told them to mail me the invoice since I no longer have an account to pull it up.
I won't hold my breath. I do not think they would even know how to mail an invoice.
They are inept.

Pros

N/A
Their customer service is so inept that it retracts from anything good I could say about the software.

Cons

Again, N/A
They could have a great product, but it is just average.
However that is secondary to the fact they have terrible customer service.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Rob R.
Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Service is as important as Sales

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Theats, failure to advise of renewals within cancellation time frame.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Pros

Product was purchased for a small band that did not last long at all. One Year purchased and website set up.

Purchase and set up was very easy.

Cons

When one year purchase was advised as due for renewal I contacted the company to say i no longer needed the site. I was told I was too late in spite of replying on day of email to me. To make it worse they wanted a 300% increase in price. I offered to pay another year at the original amount in spite of not needed site. Was met with legal threats. They need to be reminded that sales may get a profit in one year but service provides for ongoing profit.

For a highly rated company they have lost their customer focus.

I am temped to declare bankruptcy to make sure that do get nothing.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jonathan D.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Jimdo Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Jimdo is still a great site to learn how to create and manage a website. Just wish they were not making the change mentioned above.

Pros

Jimdo is a great tool to use to create a free website that you can practice on. I have used it for a while and I love that the domain authority is really high even for a brand new site like mine was.

Cons

A few days ago I received an email saying that in the new year Jimdo will be replacing all of their old free websites from .jimdo to .jimdofree and they will be migrating all of their existing sites to the new format. The new domain authority is much lower

Daniel E.
Industry: E-Learning

Website toolkit

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

We use Jimdo if someone wants to have a website that he or she can manage independently and in the easiest way.

Pros

Jimdo is a very simple website building kit. Without a lot of previous knowledge you can create a good looking website. The functionality is very logical and therefore easy to learn.

Cons

If you want to build a more complex website, Jimdo will push you to the limits of your possibilities. Unless you know HTML/CSS. Especially the integration of movies offers too few possibilities.

Fatih A.

You can give a chance

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/07/10

Pros

It's cost-effective CMS. Also, e-commerce for small-business.

- No need to know code. Jimdo does
- Easy to use of UI
- E-comm feature
- Suitable for small business
- No need a hosting and domain.
- Custom domain option. You can buy from Jimdo.
- Many template for cms

Cons

First of all, Jimdo has to improve support system.

- Product quantity limit for e-comm package
- it has a wizard system for choosing a suitable plan. Sometimes that make confused. It can be easier.

Tina S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Great for novices and intermediate web page designers

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

Simple to use
has a few different functionality options depending on what you need
free option is great to use to get started and design with
can upgrade free option with out having to redo it
has POS service built in

Cons

isn't for those that can code well (obviously)

Jesus B.

Excellent when it comes to developing a web portal, Although its templates are very basic and not...

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

It was one of my first experiences with content managers and it helped me to become more interested in learning beyond the limitations

Pros

It is great to make a website in a short time and with little knowledge, It also has several very useful options to add social networks

Cons

They have very basic templates and few professionals which limits the customization by making companies with the same design ...

Very easy to use

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I do refresh a website made with Jimdo !
It's very easy to work with !

Pros

It's very easy to use. You choose the template you want to work with, and then you strat your website. It's very good when you start a business and does not want to hire a developer or use other CMS !

Cons

You can not do anything you want with this software, but it's still very helpful and very easy to use !

Isaias S.
Industry: Telecommunications

Jimdo is a platform used to create web pages and online stores without being an expert

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Jimdo is a platform for the design of easy to use web pages, it does not require high development knowledge to create a website there, it offers several options and utilities to start a project from scratch.

Pros

- It is a very easy to use online editor, it could be said that it was created for people with little or no experience in web development.
- Another thing that has in favor, is that it offers a large number of templates that serve you to design your website in case you do not have a clear idea of the design
- Although it is easy to use, it allows you to add third-party applications and bulk mail administrators such as mailchimp

Cons

- If you are starting in the design of web pages, jimbo is recommended, but if you want to create larger projects with more complexity, I do not recommend it, since it is a simple platform
- Something that would be good to improve, is to add more template designs, because there are very few, it may be the case that there are very similar web pages

Adam D.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Great for basic and intermediate work

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Pros

They have two specific platforms to use depending on the range you want to have over your work. One is plug and play and the other is much more customized but more difficult to deal with. Still gives a good response and you can buy your domain through them and set up a store front very easily. Good basic application.

Cons

Will not have everything you want if you want an intricate detailed website that you code yourself. (If you can code yourself, you wouldn't be using Jimdo anyhow)

Great neat templates!

Reviewed on 2018/03/24

I can get a professional look in minutes and save a lot of money and in different proposals when launching a new site.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and the tasteful templates. So easy to edit and move stuff or change sizes. Also, I love that the free websites have SEO tools.

Cons

I don't like that you can only see the tools when adding a block. I would love at lea to chose to have them all on sight.

Ronnie H.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Rating only

Reviewed on 2017/02/07

Industry: Individual & Family Services

a good basic tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/27

Pros

Quite easy to manage - good for dummies.

Cons

difficult if you want to chance the whole template

Davide R.